QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S5 Episode 62(2/5/24)

Go down

Fantastic S5 Episode 62(2/5/24) Empty Fantastic S5 Episode 62(2/5/24)

Post by QG Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:02 pm

At Bethany and Kaylie’s apartment, Kaylie unlocks the front door, walks in, and discovers Bethany standing in the kitchen. “Hey there! How was your day?” Bethany asks. “Much better now that I’m with you. What are you doing home?” Kaylie wonders. “About that, I have the greatest news! I have FINALLY hired a manager for the club!” Bethany exclaims. “Wow! Does that mean you can finally retire?” Kaylie jokingly asks. “What it means is that I don’t need to spend nearly as much time behind the bar as I was, which also means I get to spend more time with you, love of my life.” Bethany says. “That is definitely a good thing. Any idea how we are going to celebrate this major development?” Kaylie asks. “SO glad you asked.” Bethany says. Bethany turns towards the kitchen counter and picks up two martini glasses. “I made us some Bethatinis!” Bethany says. Kaylie smiles. “You know the way to my heart like no other.” Kaylie says. “That’s not all! Since I’ve had some extra time on my hands today, I also baked some chocolate chip brownies. I know they’re your favorite.” Bethany says. “Aww, you didn’t have to do that! Especially after I nearly burnt the house down trying to make breakfast this morning.” Kaylie says. “I didn’t have two, but I wanted to for two reasons. One is because I love you and I love your smile, so putting a smile on your face puts one on mine. The second reason is that I just love to bake. You do remember that I used to own a bakery, right?” Bethany asks. “I think I remember you mentioning that. Kinda wish I came back into your life sooner, I probably would’ve gotten free food out of the deal.” Kaylie says. “You snooze, you lose.” Bethany says. Bethany hands Kaylie her drink. “Come on, lets go sit down.” Bethany says. Bethany leads Kaylie over to the couch and the two sit down. “So, how was your day?” Bethany wonders. “Kinda boring. The city criminals have mostly been behaving themselves today.” Kaylie says. “That you know of, anyway.” Bethany adds. “That I know of. Besides not chasing too many bad guys today, I was able to possibly recruit someone new to work for the department.” Kaylie says. “Yeah? Another cop?” Bethany asks. “Not exactly. The psychiatrist that has been doing criminal profiles for the department for the last 20 years just recently retired, so we needed a replacement. I think I was able to convince Dannie to go for the job.” Kaylie reveals. Bethany lowers her glass. “Did you just say Dannie?” Bethany questions.

On the docks, Colin, Ava, and Hannah run down the stairs. “I cannot believe we actually got away!” Hannah exclaims. “You’re welcome, by the way.” Colin tells them. “Oh please, we’ve already said thank you! What more do you want? You want us to throw ourselves at your feet and worship the ground you walk on?” Ava wonders. “I wouldn’t be opposed.” Colin jokes. Ava scoffs. “Get over yourself.” Ava tells him. “What matters is that we were able to get away without the cops seeing us there, which means we don’t have to spend the night in jail. Yay us!” Hannah says. “How fortunate for the two of you that I already had an exit strategy in place in the event that things went south.” Colin says. “Oh my god, we get it! You’re our hero!” Ava shouts. Colin laughs. “I’m sorry! I’ll shut up now.” Colin says. “Why do I find that hard to believe?” Ava asks. “Well as much fun as this has been, I’ve really got to go. I don’t need my parents getting suspicious about where I was. Ava, I had a great time with you tonight, even if the cops ruined everything before I could even have my first mai tai. Colin, it was very nice meeting you.” Hannah says. “Likewise.” Colin says. Hannah waves at them before walking off. “Well, that was fun.” Colin says. “Fun? The cops shut down the whole party! We could’ve been arrested!” Ava points out. “We could have been, but we weren’t. Besides, you have to admit that it was a pretty nice adrenaline rush, trying to get out of there before the police spotted us.” Colin says. “No comment.” Ava says. “So you did enjoy yourself?” Colin asks. “Like I said, no comment.” Ava says. “Don’t worry, I won’t push it.” Colin says. “I will say that this has probably been the most interesting night since I’ve been back in Fantastic, full of surprises.” Ava says. “Good ones, I hope.” Colin says. “The jury is still out on that.” Ava says. “Fair enough. So tell me, do you need to be home anytime soon?” Colin wonders. “There’s no rush, my parents think I’m hanging out at Hannah’s house. Why do you ask?” Ava questions. “Well this is an astonishingly beautiful night, especially for February, I just thought that maybe you and I could hang out for a bit.” Colin suggests. “I don’t know…” Ava says. “Its fine if you don’t want to, I just figured I’d extend the offer.” Colin says. Colin sits on the edge of the dock. “But if you do decide to stick around, feel free to have a seat next to me.” Colin tells her. Ava contemplates for a moment. “Alright, I guess I could stick around for a little bit.” Ava says. Colin smiles. “Perfect.” Colin says, as Ava sits down next to him.

In the squad room of the police station, Rebecca is facing another officer. “How many did you arrest at that warehouse party?” Rebecca questions. “70 young adults. I’d say about 20 of them got away.” The officer says. “I don’t suppose my daughter was a part of either group, was she?” Rebecca asks. “I didn’t see her. Why? Do you think she was there?” The officer wonders. “She said she went over to her friend’s house tonight, but she’s proven to me before that she has a complicated relationship with the word honesty.” Rebecca says. Daisy walks in and approaches Rebecca. “I need to speak to you.” Daisy says. “Not now.” Rebecca tells her. “If not now, when?” Daisy wonders. “How about never? I’m not interested in entertaining any of your nonsense.” Rebecca says. “And I’m not interested in breathing in the same oxygen as you, yet here we are. Don’t worry Rebecca, I’m not here to tell you what a humorless, miserable, shrew you are who’s gray hairs are becoming more and more obvious by the day. I came to talk to you about Lysandros.” Daisy says. Rebecca sighs. “Alright, fine. Follow me.” Rebecca says. Rebecca walks into the interrogation room and Daisy follows her. Once Daisy is inside, Rebecca closes the door behind her. “You know, its funny. I’ve fantasized about you being in this very room. Of course in all of those fantasies, you were handcuffed to the desk and wearing an orange jumpsuit. I suppose there’s still plenty of time for all of that to come true though, especially given your track record.” Rebecca says. Daisy smiles. “I’m so glad to hear I’m never far from your mind. I hold you close to my heart, too.” Daisy claims. “Enough small talk, what is it you want from me?” Rebecca questions. Daisy sits down at the table. “Believe it or not, you and I are on the same side for once. You believe Lysandros didn’t arrange for Lydia’s kidnapping, I’m inclined to agree with you.” Daisy says. “And why is that? Because the two of you shared an incredibly brief fling?” Rebecca wonders. “Because there are certain things that don’t make sense. For starters, why would the WPA show up to arrest Lysandros for kidnapping Lydia? Kidnapping may be a major crime, but I’d hardly call it major enough for the WPA to care. For instance, they weren’t after my father because he kidnapped or tortured a soul or two, they were after him because he was a threat to national security.” Daisy says. “That’s an excellent observation. Why do you believe the WPA arrested Lysandros?” Rebecca wonders. “I think that maybe there was more to Lydia’s kidnapping than law enforcement is letting on. I also think maybe you know what that something is.” Daisy says. Rebecca sits across from Daisy. “Let's say that I did know something, why would I ever tell you?” Rebecca asks. “Because as much as we despise each other, I think we can agree we could accomplish more together than we could apart. You are the police commissioner, I control the press in Fantastic City! I think if we pool our resources, we may be able to get to the bottom of who is really behind this. If we do that, the WPA won’t have any choice but to free Lysandros.” Daisy says. “That’s a lovely strategy, Daisy. Too bad you’ve proven time after time that you cannot be trusted.” Rebecca says. “This time is different, Rebecca! This time, you and I have the same goal!” Daisy says. “And how do you plan on doing that? You and I pool our resources together, then what?” Rebecca asks. “I need you to tell me what you know about the WPA’s investigation into Lysandros! If you can do that, I can have those details published in tomorrow’s paper.” Daisy says. “Right, because that sounds like a brilliant idea. What could possibly go wrong?” Rebecca asks. “There is a reason the details are being kept under wraps! I know it and I’m pretty sure you know it too! If we release those details to the public, it could create a bad situation for certain people, such as the REAL kidnapper! This could be how we draw them out, Rebecca! All I need is for you to tell me everything you know. Can you do that?” Daisy asks.

At the Lakeside Diner, Serena grabs a bag of food from the counter and turns around to walk out when she bumps into Andy. “Oh my god, Serena?” Andy asks. Serena smiles. “Andy! Its so good to see you!” Serena says, as she pulls Andy into a hug. “You too! How have you been?” Andy asks. “Better now that I know my sister is alive. I came back a couple of weeks ago when I found out Lydia was alive. I would've stopped by the castle to see you sooner, but life has been pretty hectic.” Serena says. “I understand that. After thinking Lydia was dead, I'm sure you want to spend all the time with her that you can.” Andy says. “I actually haven't seen much of Lydia, so she hasn't been occupying my time all that much.” Serena says. “Oh, are the kids with you then? Well I guess Brad isn't really a kid anymore, but Orpheus is what, 18? 19?” Andy asks. “19, and no, he isn't with me. I actually have a new house guest and he has a very interesting story.” Serena says.

At Serena's hotel room, Vic is face to face with Madeline. “Can I help you?” Vic asks. “I certainly hope so. May I come in?” Madeline asks. “Sorry, but this isn’t really my hotel room. I don't think it'd be right if I just let anyone in.” Vic says. “I can assure you, my dear, I am no stranger. Your roommate, Serena, is my daughter.” Madeline reveals. “Is that right? Sorry for the misunderstanding then, come on in.” Vic urges. Vic steps aside and Madeline walks in. “I'm Vic, by the way. Nice to meet you.” Vic says. Madeline smiles. “As it is to meet you, Vic. Tell me, what is the nature of your relationship with my daughter?” Madeline wonders. “We're friends. Your daughter has actually been helping me out with something, she's amazing.” Vic says. “You certainly won't hear me arguing with you on that, I raised an impeccable young woman.” Madeline says. “For sure. Listen, Serena actually isn't here right now. I don't think she'll be gone long though, so you're more than welcome to wait.” Vic says. “That's quite alright. I didn't come here to see Serena, Vic, I'm here for you.” Madeline says. “Me? You don't even know me.” Vic notes. “That's where you are wrong. You see, you and I have become very well acquainted these past few years. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to remember any of that seeing as I erased those memories.” Madeline reveals!

“I know you aren't the biggest Dannie fan.” Kaylie says. “You're right, and I'm definitely not the biggest fan of you spending any time with them.” Bethany says. “They are my friend, Beth!” Kaylie tells her. “Why? Because you helped them when that sicko Corey was stalking them?” Bethany asks. “Because we have a lot in common. You don't have anything to worry about, by the way, you are the only person I love. Dannie could never hold a candle.” Kaylie says. Bethany slightly smiles. “Well I guess that makes me feel a little bit better. I'm still not sure why you'd go and encourage Dannie to get a job where you work though when you know how I feel about them.” Bethany says. “It can't even really be classified as a job! They’d be helping out the department on an as needed basis, most of that time wouldn't even be working with me! I just wanted to find someone who could fill the consultant position at the department and I know Dannie is a good psychiatrist.” Kaylie says. “Supposedly anyways.” Bethany says. “Are you mad at me?” Kaylie asks. “No, I’m not mad. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, you didn't do anything wrong. The Fantastic P.D needs a psychiatrist, Dannie is a psychiatrist.” Bethany says. “Still, I know you've had your issues with me spending any amount of time with Dannie in the past. I don't want to do anything that's going to cause us problems.” Kaylie says. “Yeah, well neither do I.” Bethany says. “Great. I hope you know that doesn't mean holding in your feelings because you want to avoid a fight.” Kaylie says. “Come on Kay, when have I ever been one to hold in my feelings?” Bethany asks. “Just about never, but we did just get back together. Maybe you'd feel like you're walking on thin ice if you brought up something that could cause an argument.” Kaylie says. Bethany takes Kaylie's hand. “Babe, its all good. “You're right, I'm not too crazy over you and Dannie working closely together, but I'm also not gonna police who you are or aren't friends with.” Bethany says. Kaylie smiles. “I'm so lucky to have you.” Kaylie says. “You better not forget it, either. But seriously, I'm the lucky one. With the kind of life I've lived, I don't deserve a literal angel like you, but here we are. I love you.” Bethany says. “I love you too.” Kaylie says, before leaning in and kissing Bethany.

Colin and Ava are still sitting on the dock. “So tell me about yourself, Ava.” Colin urges. “There's not much to tell.” Ava claims. “I find that difficult to believe, someone as fascinating as you.” Colin says. “Are you being sarcastic?” Ava wonders. “No! I am being completely serious. Come on, tell me a bit about yourself and I promise I will not judge you.” Colin says. “Hey, who said there's anything to judge?” Ava asks. “Poor choice of words I suppose.” Colin says. “Well to actually answer your question, I guess you could say I’ve lived a pretty interesting life. Not much of it has been good, but it's been interesting.” Ava says. “Do tell.” Colin urges. “Okay…in my 18 years on this earth, I’ve been in two comas and I’ve been possessed.” Ava reveals. “I’m sorry, did-did you just say you were possessed? As in, you were possessed by a demon?” Colin asks. “That’s right. I know, it sounds totally nuts, but it's true. It's actually the reason I ended up in my second coma.” Ava notes. “I have to admit, when I asked you to tell me about yourself, I was not anticipating any of that.” Colin says. “Feel free to run away screaming.” Ava says. “Why would I do that? None of what you mentioned was your fault. Besides, given my family’s rather checkered history, I think it would be a bit hypocritical of me to hold two comas and a demonic possession against you.” Colin says. “Now I’m intrigued. What’s the deal with your family?” Ava wonders. “Its too much to go over in one sitting. I’d be happy to tell you all about it over dinner sometime.” Colin says. “Real smooth.” Ava says. “I try my best. So what do you say? Would you like to join me for dinner sometime?” Colin wonders. “Are we talking a date?” Ava questions. “It can be whatever you want it to be.” Colin tells her. “I’ll think about it.” Ava says. Ava looks at her phone. “In the meantime, I should probably get going. It's getting late.” Ava says, as she stands up. “Fair enough. Is there any way I could get in touch with you if I wanted to?” Colin wonders. “I’m not crazy over giving my digits out to strange men.” Ava says. “You think I’m strange?” Colin asks. “The jury is still out on that one.” Ava says. “How about a compromise then?” Colin asks. “I’m listening.” Ava says. Colin stands up and grabs a piece of wood off the ground. Colin then walks over to a wall and begins carving into it. “What are you doing?” Ava wonders. “Writing down my phone number in case you ever get the urge to call me.” Colin reveals, as he carves his number into the wall. “Are you nuts? You could get arrested for vandalism!” Ava notes. “Have you seen all of the graffiti around this area of town? I get the distinct impression that the Fantastic P.D doesn’t pay much attention to so called vandalism.” Colin says. “Okay, fair enough. But you aren’t worried about writing down your number in a public place like this? What if a bunch of weirdos call you?” Ava asks. “Then so be it. I’ll only answer the phone for one number.” Colin says. Colin finishes carving his number and walks over to Ava. “I guess this is goodbye for now. It was lovely meeting you.” Colin says. Ava smiles. “Yeah…you too.” Ava says. Ava watches as Colin walks away.

At the Fantastic P.D, Rebecca and Daisy are still sitting in the interrogation room. “Why on earth would I tell you anything when you’ve proven on numerous occasions that you can’t be trusted?” Rebecca wonders. “We all make mistakes.” Daisy says. “Your actions weren’t mistakes, Daisy. They were deliberate and malicious and they were designed to hurt me.” Rebecca says. “I haven’t wasted time on you in years.” Daisy claims. “Except a few weeks ago when you released an article in your paper about my relationship with my daughter.” Rebecca says. “That was then, this is now. We both want to help Lysandros and I think it would benefit both of us if we were to work together.” Daisy says. “I see, and what exactly do you contribute to this alliance?” Rebecca wonders. “I told you. If you give me the details that weren’t made public about Lydia’s kidnapping, I’ll make them public myself. I can use those details to potentially lure Lydia’s real kidnapper out into the open!” Daisy says. “Did it ever occur to you that maybe there’s a reason those details haven’t been made public? That maybe the public would be better off being left in the dark?” Rebecca asks. “Given that there’s a likely chance that Lydia’s kidnapper is still out there and could potentially hurt someone else, no, I don’t think the public would be better off left in the dark!” Daisy says. “Forget about Lydia’s kidnapper for just a minute! Without going into the details, there are very good reasons why some of these details haven’t been made public. If they were…lets just say the information could reach the wrong people.” Rebecca says. “So that’s it then? You aren’t going to tell me anything?” Daisy asks. “I feel like I made that pretty clear early on. And just so you know, I’m not just turning down your offer because I don’t trust you, I’m also doing it to protect you.” Rebecca says. “Since when do you care about protecting me?” Daisy wonders. “Since you started investigating something that is far bigger than you could ever realize. I’m going to be honest with you, the Fantastic P.D has closed the investigation into Lydia’s kidnapping with Lysandros being arrested. However, I’m still conducting my own investigation independently and Andy is helping me. I think you’d be wise to leave the investigating to us.” Rebecca says. “I see, so you don’t trust me but I’m just supposed to trust you?” Daisy asks. “Daisy, listen to me! The person who kidnapped Lydia seems to have unlimited resources at their disposal, that became clear when they fabricated the paper trail connecting Lysandros to Mia Goo! If you investigate this, not only would you be endangering your life, but you’d also be attracting the attention of the WPA who seem content with closing the book on this and never opening it again. So the way I see it, if you keep pursuing this, you could either end up in prison or dead.” Rebecca says. “Isn’t that what you want for me?” Daisy asks. “In this case? No. Too many people have already gotten hurt because of this one person’s reign of terror, I don’t want you to end up another casualty, no matter how I feel about you. My advice? Forget all about this. Go home, give your daughter a hug, and forget all about this.” Rebecca says. “I can’t do that. Lysandros was one of the few people who has ever given me the time of day, even despite my faults. I’m not going to abandon him while he’s rotting away god knows where.” Daisy says. “No one is abandoning Lysandros! I am doing everything I can to help free him!” Rebecca says. “And you think I trust you to manage that? Absolutely not! You are literally the single most useless thing in this whole entire city, its no wonder this police department is never able to catch any criminals!” Daisy says. “Well, there go the pleasantries…” Rebecca says. Daisy stands up. “Being civil with you is a total waste of time. I’m going to continue my investigation into who really took Lydia, and I’m going to do it without you. God knows I’ll probably get more accomplished without you dragging me down.” Daisy says. “Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing about you when I turned down your proposal for a partnership. I’m glad we’re on the same page.” Rebecca says. “Do me a favor, go to hell!” Daisy tells her, before storming out. Rebecca sighs. “Say what you will about me, Daisy, but don’t say I didn’t warn you…” Rebecca mutters.

“So your new house guest doesn’t remember anything?” Andy asks. “Not a single thing.” Serena says. “Wow…well I know from experience that isn’t a fun feeling.” Andy says. “I forgot you lost your memory years ago. What did you do about getting them back?” Serena asks. “I went out of town to see a specialist. I wouldn’t recommend bringing your mystery friend to her though, she turned out to be on Joe Fish’s payroll and she poisoned me.” Andy recalls. “I just don’t know what to do. I feel so bad for the poor guy, you know? He seems like such a nice guy, he doesn’t deserve this!” Serena says. “Does he know anything about his past?” Andy asks. “We found something out. He has a scar on his chest that looks like it's probably from a gunshot wound.” Serena reveals. “That’s kinda concerning.” Andy says. “Maybe, but I mean, there could be any number of reasons as to why he was shot! He could’ve been in the military, he could've even been in the wrong place at the wrong time!” Serena says. “Or he could’ve been working for the mob or someone equally as dangerous.” Andy suggests. “I doubt it. Everything I’ve seen from him suggests to me that he isn’t a bad guy. He’s charming, he’s funny…” Serena says. “Plenty of bad guys are charming and funny.” Andy notes. Serena shakes her head. “No, there is no way Vic was a bad person before. There’s just something about him, Andy. I don’t believe he’s even capable of hurting a fly!” Serena says. “I hope for your sake you’re right. In the meantime, if you want any help trying to uncover information about him, just say the word and I’ll give you a hand.” Andy says. Serena smiles. “Thank you. I actually wouldn’t be opposed to you using your mad detective skills to try and dig up some info on him. I know it probably won’t be easy, given what little you have to work with.” Serena says. “It's worth a shot, especially if it means helping you out. You said you found him passed out in the park, right? Maybe I can make some calls to nearby hospitals to see if any of them have recently had a John Doe as a patient.” Andy says. “That’d be great, thank you.” Serena says. “No problem. Just promise me you’ll be careful, okay? Even if this Vic guy seems like a decent person, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have some dark stuff hidden in his past and that doesn’t mean that past won’t come back to haunt him, and by extension you.” Andy says. “Don’t worry, I’ll be on alert.” Serena says. “Good. And hey, have I mentioned how good it is to have you back?” Andy asks. Serena smiles. “Yeah, maybe a couple times.” Serena says. “Well it bears repeating. It was really good seeing you.” Andy says, before hugging Serena. “Yeah, you too.” Serena says. “Hopefully we’ll have some more info on this Vic guy soon. I’m interested in knowing his story.” Andy says.

Vic and Madeline are face to face in Serena’s hotel room. “You erased my memories? What are you talking about?” Vic asks. “I feel as if I was clear, but I’d be happy to elaborate further.” Madeline says. “No, you can’t just take someone’s memories! Its not possible!” Vic says. “Perhaps not for the average person, but I have never been average. You see, I have invested a great deal of time in turning you into the man you have become. In fact, I have dedicated the past three years to you, since the moment you were delivered to me.” Madeline says, before flashing back.

“I’ve been expecting you. Please, come in.” The mystery person says. Brody wheels the bandaged individual in. “After The Evil Force’s castle exploded, I got back in touch with Doctor Andropov, and he gave me specific instructions to bring our friend to you.” Brody says. Madeline closes the door to the hotel room! “Oh Mr. McKay, I am most grateful for your help.” Madeline says. “One other thing, Andropov also mentioned that you would be rewarding me quite generously for making this very special delivery.” Brody says. “Of course, how could I forget?” Madeline asks. Madeline hands Brody a briefcase full of cash. “If you would like to count it, be my guest. I understand someone in your line of work has difficulties trusting others.” Madeline says. Brody opens the briefcase, and quickly counts it. “Looks like its all here.” Brody says. “Wonderful, then our business has concluded. You are dismissed.” Madeline says. Brody walks towards the door, but then stops and turns back towards Madeline. “I am curious about one thing. Why is this man’s face covered in bandages? When I mentioned it to Andropov, he didn’t seem too interested in giving me his name, but perhaps you’ll be more forthcoming.” Brody says. “Haven’t you ever heard the expression that curiosity is what killed the cat? Trust me, Mr. McKay, this man’s identity is of no concern to you.” Madeline says. “You don’t want to tell me.” Brody says. “How perceptive of you. Now the money I just gave you should be more than enough for you to go into hiding. Given the events that transpired in Iceland, I imagine it would be quite beneficial for you if the world continued to believe you were a casualty of that terrible explosion.” Madeline says. “I still can’t believe they drew that conclusion, all because I didn’t turn up after the place blew up. Oh well, I’m just happy that that’s over and done with.” Brody says. “And I am most grateful that you managed to protect my precious cargo from the explosion. With that being said, our business has concluded.” Madeline tells him. “Understood. Good luck, with whatever it is you are up to.” Brody says, before walking out. Madeline smiles, and sits on the bed in front of the bandaged patient. “Mr. McKay really should learn to not be so nosy, especially in matters that do not concern him. Ultimately, not providing him with your identity suits my purposes just fine. After all, if I told him your name, he would recognize it, and I can’t afford him or anyone else interfering with what I have planned. Oh my darling, I have such grand plans for you, whether you approve of them or not. Unfortunately, you don’t have much choice in these matters.” Madeline tells the bandaged man.

“You see, you suffered a rather serious injury many years ago that required a complex medical procedure that an ordinary hospital was incapable of giving you. I took you from the hospital and delivered you to an associate of mine, his name is Doctor Andropov.” Madeline says. “And what exactly did this Doctor Andropov do for me?” Vic wonders. “He brought you back from the brink of death. After that, you spent a number of years recovering in his laboratory in Iceland.” Madeline says. “I needed years to recover? Damn, I must be a slow healer.” Vic says. “As I explained earlier, your injuries were serious and the procedure that saved you was complex. Anyways, back to where we left off. In 2021, the laboratory you were recovering in was compromised and you needed to be moved. That is when you entered my care.” Madeline says. “Compromised?” Vic asks. “The building blew up.” Madeline reveals. “Oh, wow, that is not where I was expecting that story to go. Was I injured?” Vic wonders. “No, thankfully not. You are far too important to me, I couldn’t bear the thought of anything happening to you before you are able to reach your full potential.” Madeline says. “Which is what exactly?” Vic asks. “What I trained you for…to be the perfect soldier. You work for me, Vic. You KILL for me.” Madeline says. “Lady, I don’t know you. I don’t even know if anything you’re telling me is the truth, but I do know that I’m not a killer. So maybe you should get out of here before Serena gets home. I don’t think she’d be happy to find out her mom is trying to turn me into some assassin.” Vic says. Madeline laughs. “You naive fool, I don’t have to turn you into anything. You have been working at my behest for the past three years. I must admit though, you have proven to be more reluctant than I originally anticipated.” Madeline says. “Well yeah, I imagine most people with a conscience are reluctant to kill people.” Vic says. “Not when they have undergone intense mental conditioning to erase the burden of a conscience. When I deployed you on your first mission, you fought me every step of the way. Your loyalty to your loved ones seemingly provided you with the strength you needed to fight back. Needless to say, the mission was a failure.” Madeline says. “Loved ones? You know about my past?” Vic asks. “I know exactly everything about you, including your real name.” Madeline says. “Then tell me!” Vic urges. “No, I don’t think I will. Your allegiance to those close to you is the reason you initially fought me, the reason I was forced to strip you of your memories. Even after taking those memories from you though, you continued to be defiant! That is when I realized that the conditioning needed some tweaking and I called Doctor Andropov asking for help. Tell me, do you know why you collapsed in the park that day?” Madeline asks. “No, I don’t know! Nobody knows!” Vic says. “I know. The reason you collapsed is because you were attempting to fight back against my influence. You see, Doctor Andropov installed a fail safe in your brain, in the event that you try to fight the conditioning. Its starts with a severe headache. If your defiance continues, it will result in you collapsing, a system reboot if you will. That is why you ended up in the hospital, because you attempted to fight back. Little did you realize that there is no fighting back, not against my power.” Madeline says. “Do you realize how nuts you sound?” Vic asks. “Perhaps if I weren’t telling you the truth, I can assure you that I am. You and I have a great deal of work to accomplish.” Madeline says. “You can accomplish whatever that work is on your own, I don’t work for you! I never will!” Vic says, before walking towards the door. “Where are you going?” Madeline wonders. Vic opens the door. “You’re the one who is going! I want you out of here right now.” Vic says. “Our conversation wasn’t finished.” Madeline says. “Its finished! Get out before I call the cops.” Vic demands. Madeline smiles. “Its truly adorable how you think you have any say in what happens next.” Madeline says. “I feel pretty in control right now.” Vic says. “Perhaps, but that is about to change.” Madeline says. Madeline reaches into her purse, pulls out a pawn chess piece, and shows it to Vic! Vic’s eyes suddenly grow cold and he looks at Madeline. “What can I do for you, ma’am?” Vic asks. Madeline smiles. “Much better. Now that I’ve gotten your attention, its time to discuss your next mission.” Madeline says. Before Madeline can finish, she gets a notification on her phone. Madeline looks at her phone and sighs. “Oh dear, it appears as though we’ll have to table this discussion for another time. My man has just informed me that Serena has returned. As much as I would love to see my daughter, I’m afraid I’ll have to go.” Madeline says. “When will I hear from you again, ma’am?” Vic wonders. Madeline walks towards the door and stands in the doorway. “You won’t have to wait very long, I have every intention of contacting you soon. In the meantime, I would very much appreciate it if you would forget this conversation ever took place. I was never here. In fact, you’ve never even met me.” Madeline says. Vic nods. “Understood.” Vic says. Madeline holds up the pawn again. “At ease, soldier.” Madeline tells him. Vic begins suffering another headache as Madeline walks out the door. Once Madeline is gone, the headache stops and Vic looks around the room confused…

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down