QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S3 Episode 11

Go down

Fantastic S3 Episode 11 Empty Fantastic S3 Episode 11

Post by QG Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:30 pm

Its a new day in Fantastic City. At Julia’s Penthouse, Julia comes down the stairs, checking the emails on her phone. Suddenly, she hears a knock on the door. “My God, I haven’t even had my coffee yet. Who could that be this early?” Julia wonders. Julia opens the front door, and her eyes widen. “The hell are you doing here?!” Julia questions. Virginia smiles at Julia. “Always a pleasure to see you too, sweetheart.” Virginia says. As Julia stands there speechless, Virginia pushes her way into Julia’s place. “Oh my...you’ve got a nice place! Looks like all those years being a shark of a lawyer finally paid off! Of course, it ain’t nowhere near as nice as my mansion in the Hamptons, but it does have its appeal.” Virginia says. “So sorry I’m not living in a castle, I must’ve left my millions back in New York!” Julia sarcastically responds. “Oh calm down, baby! Your mama’s just having a little bit of fun with you! You don’t gotta be so serious all the time!” Virginia says. “What are you doing here?” Julia questions. “What do you think I’m doing here? I came to visit my eldest daughter of course!” Virginia says. “I assume you must’ve gone to see Kaylie first.” Julia says. Virginia rolls her eyes. “You know, this whole jealousy thing is getting a bit old.” Virginia says. “I’m not jealous. I really don’t care if you give Kaylie more attention than me.” Julia claims. “Well to set the record straight, no, I have not gone to see your sister. In fact, Kaylie don’t even know I’m in town. You were my first stop.” Virginia reveals. “Why? What do you want?” Julia asks. “Do you have to be so cynical all the time?” Virginia asks. “You were the one who taught me never to trust anyone’s intentions.” Julia points out. “Touche. At the very least, I’m glad you haven’t been ignoring me all these years. Anyways, I decided to make plans to come and visit after watching that debate you were a part of last night.” Virginia reveals. “You...you actually watched it?” Julia asks. “Of course I watched it!” Virginia says. “So, um...what did you think?” Julia wonders. “You were the star of the show, baby. You were fierce, no nonsense, and you made your more experienced opponent look like a damn fool in the process! Good on you!” Virginia says. Julia cracks a smile. “Well, I’m always looking for donations for my campaign...not that I’m looking for any handouts, but if my mama really believes in me…” Julia says. Virginia sighs. “I have no doubt you would turn this city upside down in the best possible way. But, the reason I came all this way to Fantastic is because I want you to drop outta this race and come back to New York before disaster strikes.” Virginia tells her!

At Kaylie’s apartment, Xavier is sitting at the kitchen table, looking at something on his laptop, when Kaylie comes out of the bedroom. “Good morning, darling.” Xavier says. “Morning.” Kaylie coldly responds. “I have some good news for you. You’ll be pleased to know that your sister is doing surprisingly well in the race for District Attorney. Her poll numbers are rivaling those of Victor Goo, which is no small feat considering she is a newcomer.” Xavier says. Kaylie looks over Xavier’s shoulder at the numbers on his laptop, and smiles. “I knew my big sister could do it.” Kaylie says. “You know, its quite admirable how supportive you are of Julia, given the way she treats you.” Xavier notes. “I haven’t lost her entirely. Julia is willing to talk to me, that’s the warmest our relationship has been in years.” Kaylie points out. “Yes, but how long do you think that will last once Julia discovers you betrayed her?” Xavier questions. “I didn’t betray Julia, that was all YOU!” Kaylie snaps. Xavier slams his fists on the table, and stands up. “You watch your tone!” Xavier yells. Kaylie glares at Xavier. “I have to go to work.” Kaylie coldly declares. “There’s one more matter we need to discuss, pertaining to our attractive house guest.” Xavier announces. “What about Bethany?” Kaylie asks. “Bethany has been freeloading off of us for quite some time, and it is time you do something about it. You need to ask her to leave.” Xavier tells her. “I can’t do that! Bethany is my best friend!” Kaylie argues. “She is also your ex girlfriend, which creates an awkward situation for all involved!” Xavier says. Kaylie smirks. “She makes you feel insecure, doesn’t she?” Kaylie suggests. “I have no reason to feel insecure, because if you betray me there will be dire consequences, but you already know that. I’ve waited long enough, Kaylie. It is time for Bethany to leave!” Xavier says. “Fine, I’ll tell her to move out! But right now, I’ve gotta go to work!” Kaylie says. “Your shift doesn’t start for another hour.” Xavier notes. “And how would you know that unless you were spying on me?” Kaylie asks. “I know every aspect of your life. You knew that since the day we became involved.” Xavier notes. “You mean when you forced me to get involved with you! Lets not pretend there is anything mutual in this relationship! I despise you, and I have despised you since the day I met you! And even if somehow you made yourself redeemable in my eyes, which would take a miracle, I can’t be attracted to you, I’M GAY!” Kaylie yells. “What did I tell you about your tone?” Xavier asks. “If you want to force me into a marriage, fine! But don’t be arrogant enough to think that I am EVER going to love you! Its not happening, not even if you were the last person on Earth!” Kaylie tells him. Someone knocks on the door. Kaylie opens the door, and finds Rebecca standing outside. “Kaylie Simms! My goodness, its been so long!” Rebecca says. “Commissioner Rogers! I’m sorry...Rebecca.” Kaylie says. “Common mistake, don’t worry about it.” Rebecca says. “Anyways, its really good to see you back on your feet. What happened at your wedding was absolutely awful. I prayed every night that you would recover.” Kaylie says. “I really appreciate that. Anyways, the reason I’m here is because I was looking for Bethany. Is she home?” Rebecca asks. “She is, but she’s still in bed. Beth has never been much of a morning person.” Kaylie says. “Oh. Do you mind if I wait for her?” Rebecca asks. “Sure, just as long as you don’t mind waiting with my fiance. I have to get to work, sorry.” Kaylie says. “That’s alright, and congratulations on your engagement! I’d be delighted to meet your fiance, it’ll give me the chance to make sure he is good enough for one of my former star employees.” Rebecca says. “Okay. It was really good seeing you again, Rebecca.” Kaylie says. “You too. We should really do lunch sometime, it will give us the chance to catch up.” Rebecca says. “I’d like that. See you later.” Kaylie says. “Bye.” Rebecca responds. Kaylie leaves, and Rebecca walks into the apartment and spots Xavier. Rebecca closes the door behind her. “I’m sorry for dropping by unannounced, I hope I’m not intruding.” Rebecca says. Xavier smiles. “Not at all. In fact, I relish the opportunity of getting to meet THE Rebecca Rogers.” Xavier says. “You make me sound famous.” Rebecca notes. “You are in a way. I heard about what happened at your wedding last year, and I was following the story very closely. I must say, it came to a very satisfactory close, with you blasting your attempted murderer with a flamethrower.” Xavier says. “I was defending my fiance.” Rebecca points out. “I understand, you needn’t defend yourself to me. In my eyes, you were perfectly justified. I’m sure women all across the country found your story to be empowering. Perfect evidence that women are just as powerful as men, if not more so.” Xavier says. “Ah, are you a feminist?” Rebecca wonders. “Not necessarily, but I do believe women should have all the same rights and freedoms as men.” Xavier says. “How very modern of you...I’m sorry, I don’t think I caught your name.” Rebecca says. “Xavier Irons. Of course, you needn’t introduce yourself.” Xavier says. “You know, it appears we will have a little time before Bethany wakes up. Maybe we should take this time to get to know one another better.” Rebecca suggests.

Daisy comes into the Stanpatos living room, and finds Dylan staring at his tablet. “Good morning.” Daisy says, as she pours herself a cup of coffee. “Good morning. Did you watch the debate for District Attorney last night?” Dylan questions. “No. Did you?” Daisy wonders. “Normally I wouldn’t care about that sort of thing, but I heard it got pretty heated. I might have to vote for Julia Gray, if for no other reason than to stick it to the Goo family.” Dylan says. “Victor deserves to lose after the way he treated me. I’m not sure if I told you this, but Victor and I used to be close, even before I met Andy. In fact, Victor was the one who set us up together. But, being the hypocrite that he is, once he realized I wasn’t perfect, he cast me aside.” Daisy says. “I’m sorry, but if its any consolation, you’re better off without that family.” Dylan says. “I know. So, have you told Xavier that you want to accept his proposal yet?” Daisy questions. “No, I haven’t had the chance.” Dylan says. “What’s taking you so long?” Daisy calmly asks. “I’m in no rush.” Dylan says. “I understand that, but if you don’t act fast, Xavier could take his proposal to another company like Masters Corp.” Daisy says. “Xavier would be a fool to bring it to Masters Corp. With Lydia gone, that company is in shambles.” Dylan says. “Don’t get too arrogant.” Daisy advises. “Why are you so invested in this deal with Iron Clad?” Dylan questions. Daisy sits next to Dylan on the couch. “I just want you to be successful.” Daisy claims. “I’m already successful. But...that deal with Iron Clad would probably make me even richer. I’ll reach out to Xavier this morning.” Dylan says. Daisy smiles. “I’m glad to hear that. The quicker you close this deal, the better it will be for everyone.” Daisy says.

In the Goo Living Room, Victor looks up at Queen Goo’s portrait above the fireplace, and smiles. “Right back where you belong…” Victor says. Andy walks in. “Wow, this was finished a lot quicker than I expected. Looking around, you’d never guess that a bomb took out this living room less than a year ago.” Andy notes. Andy notices Queen Goo’s portrait. “Wait...wasn’t that destroyed in the fire?” Andy asks. “It was. I arranged to have a new one painted to replace the old one. This living room just doesn’t feel right without your mother in it.” Victor says. “I couldn’t agree more. That portrait is a constant reminder that she is still with us, watching over us.” Andy says. “If that’s the case, she could be doing a bit more. I heard that you are no longer the police commissioner, or a cop in general.” Victor notes. “Divine intervention couldn’t have done anything to help with that. I made a huge mistake, and now I’m facing the consequences.” Andy says. “Have you decided on a new career yet?” Victor wonders. “That’s still up in the air. In the meantime, I’m helping Rebecca out with an investigation.” Andy says. “I wasn’t aware Rebecca was a private investigator.” Victor says. “She isn’t, its a favor for a friend.” Andy reveals. “You know, if you still want to stay in the investigative field, I could possibly hire you as an investigator for the District Attorney’s office.” Victor suggests. “Don’t you think that might be a bit premature?” Andy asks. “Why would you say that?” Victor questions. “You’re in the middle of an election, Uncle Vic. There’s no guarantee you’ll be DA for another term.” Andy points out. Victor scoffs. “I’m not worried about Julia Gray.” Victor says. “Don’t forget Julia was my lawyer, so I saw first hand how competent she is, not to mention cut throat. But, you probably saw that yourself at the debate last night.” Andy says. “Did you watch it?” Victor asks. “I watched it on Youtube before bed last night. Julia put up quite a fight.” Andy notes. “She won’t win. I am able to fight just as hard as Julia. In fact, I think I already have a way to discredit her in the eyes of the voters.” Victor says.

In Lydia’s Study, Lucas is sitting at the desk looking over several Masters Corp documents. Lucas notices Lydia’s picture, and begins gazing at it for a moment. He snaps out of it, and puts the picture face down on the desk. “Get a hold of yourself. Lydia is counting on you to make sure this company doesn’t fall apart, which means you can’t fall apart either.” Lucas tells himself. Someone knocks on the door. Lucas turns, and sees Serena standing in the doorway! “I hope this isn’t a bad time.” Serena says. “No, of course not. I was just going over some Masters Corp documents.” Lucas says. “I see. Overwhelmed yet?” Serena questions. “Its a bit jarring...going from running a small media company like New Horizons to a multi billion dollar conglomerate like Masters Corp.” Lucas admits. “I can imagine.” Serena says. “So, what are you doing here? Last I heard, you were traveling the world.” Lucas notes. “I was, but I was needed here in Fantastic.” Serena says. “I assume you’re here to pay your respects to your sister. Serena, I’m so sorry for your loss. I know you and Lydia were close.” Lucas says. “Thanks, but as much as I’d love to pay my respects to my sister, that might be kinda difficult considering there apparently isn’t a memorial planned for Lydia. So are you going to put one together, or are you just going to move on and pretend like nothing happened?” Serena questions!

“Well...that escalated quickly. You came to town for a surprise visit, then the next second, you’re trying to get me to go back to New York with you.” Julia says. “New York is just lovely this time of year.” Virginia claims. “The weather literally isn’t any different there than it is here! I don’t get it, I thought you were happy that I was in Fantastic! It meant that I was closer to Kaylie, which meant there was a higher chance of us mending fences!” Julia points out. “Of course I want my girls to be sisters again, there isn’t anything I want more in this world! But...it just isn’t a good idea for you to be here.” Virginia tells her. “Why not?” Julia questions. “Your life is back in New York, for one!” Virginia points out. “I don’t have any friends in New York, and career wise, I’ve managed to do pretty well for myself here in Fantastic.” Julia notes. “I’m in New York.” Virginia adds. “Oh please, we never actually saw each other when I did live in New York! You were always too busy with work!” Julia argues. “My memory must be fading with age, ‘cause I don’t remember you ever inviting me to do anything!” Virginia notes. “Yeah, well you weren’t exactly extending invitations to me either, with the exception of the holidays of course.” Julia says. Virginia sighs. “I know that the two of us could use to be a little closer. Its been tough over the years, we’re both just so damn opinionated that usually, on the very rare occasion we do get together, it ends in a fight! I would really like to change that, but for that to change, you need to come back to New York.” Virginia says. “What’s the real reason you want me to come back to New York?” Julia questions. “I told you, I want you close by!” Virginia claims. “Mama, I have literally known you my entire life, do you really think that excuse is gonna fly with me? We both know this has nothing to do with wanting me close by, there is something more going on here.” Julia says. “Okay, you’re right, there is more to the story. I’m worried about this whole district attorney race, and the toll it will take on you.” Virginia says. “Are you worried a sensitive flower like myself can’t take the heat?” Julia sarcastically asks. Virginia laughs. “You are anything but sensitive, that’s something you got from your Mama. But, politics have a tendency to bring out the worst in people, and I’m worried this whole thing is gonna get real ugly real fast, and the last thing I want is for your career to be ruined, or your reputation.” Virginia says. “I’m not worried about my career, or my reputation. I haven’t done anything wrong! My political rival, on the other hand...you could write a book on all of the mistakes he has made, and that is why I am going to win.” Julia says. “What if this Victor Goo character decides to dig into your past?” Virginia questions. “He won’t find anything.” Julia says. “Don’t be lying to yourself Jules, we both know that isn’t true.” Virginia says. “If you’re referring to what I think you are, that isn’t exactly something that could ruin my career. I didn’t do anything wrong!” Julia says. “No, but its also not something you want getting out!” Virginia argues. “Don’t worry, even if Victor finds out, unless he can figure out a way to weaponize it, he’s not going to reveal a thing. But, you were never worried that he would, were you?” Julia asks. “Of course I’m worried about that! I always am!” Virginia argues. “What I meant was I still don’t feel like you’re being completely forthcoming about why you want me to go back to New York. You claim its because of the election, but I told you I was running for District Attorney months ago. Why the sudden desperation to get me out of town?” Julia questions. “I’m just worried about you, that’s all it is!” Virginia shouts. “You don’t have to worry, Mama! I’m more than capable of taking care of myself! You know, its ironic, you spent so many years babying Kaylie, but the one time she may actually need more attention than me, you don’t even bother with her.” Julia says. “Wait, hold on just a second. What’s going on with your sister?” Virginia questions.

“Why would we need to get to know one another?” Xavier questions. “Since my friend lives here, I want to make sure you aren’t any kind of danger to her.” Rebecca claims. Xavier laughs. “Trust me, I am no threat to Bethany. In fact, out of the two of us, Bethany is probably the more dangerous one.” Xavier says. “I’m just being cautious. Bethany has a habit of looking out for me, so I’m just returning the favor.” Rebecca says. “I understand. So, since you want to know about me, here it is. I grew up in the United Kingdom, where I was raised by my mother. Once I graduated high school, I went to college, I eventually got my MBA, and then I started a business which with great fortune became a roaring success.” Xavier says. “That all sounds very impressive. Not to pry, but I noticed you didn’t mention your father, just your mother.” Rebecca notes. “My father was a part of my life, he just mostly remained at a distance.” Xavier says. “How come?” Rebecca wonders. “Not to sound rude, but how is this relevant to whether or not I am a danger to your friend?” Xavier questions. “I’m sorry, its probably just the cop in me, trying to build a profile on someone. Don’t take it too personally.” Rebecca says. “To answer your question, my father had his reasons for keeping his distance, good reasons. That isn’t to say he didn’t try his best. He visited me as often as he could, he showered me with expensive gifts and family heirlooms, he even put me through business school.” Xavier reveals. “How generous of him.” Rebecca comments. “What about you? I told you the boring details of my childhood, perhaps you’d be willing to return the favor.” Xavier says. “Well, my childhood was unfortunately anything but boring. I didn’t grow up knowing my father. In my house, it was just me, my mother, my brother, and my step father, at least until my brother was sent to live with his father, then it was just me, my mother, and step father. My step father...he would beat on my mother and I, so when I was old enough, the first chance I got, I got out of there. I tried to get my mother to come with me, but she couldn’t leave Bob, or at least she felt like she couldn’t. So, when she died, she was trapped in a loveless marriage.” Rebecca reflects. “I’m so sorry. Did you ever meet your biological father?” Xavier questions. “I did, along with the rest of my biological family. Most of them aren’t anything to brag about, I’m a Stanpatos.” Rebecca reveals. “Really? What a small world! I’m actually looking to go into business with Dylan Stanpatos, I assume the two of you must be related.” Xavier says. “He’s my brother. I suggest you watch your back around him, he can’t be trusted.” Rebecca warns. “I’m not worried. I know what I’m doing where Dylan is concerned.” Xavier says. “I hope so. So, how did you and Kaylie meet? She’s a cop and you are a business tycoon, usually those two careers don’t intersect unless the tycoon is under investigation.” Rebecca notes. “I assure you, its nothing like that. We ran into each other at a bar one night, we hit it off, and the rest is history.” Xavier claims. “Hm. You must’ve made quite the impression on Kaylie. Bethany tells me that Kaylie is gay.” Rebecca notes. Xavier smiles. “Kaylie was...shall we say confused about her sexuality. She has since realized that she is attracted to both women and men.” Xavier lies. “That’s interesting, because according to Bethany, Kaylie has been attracted to women for most of her life, then suddenly she meets you at a bar, and that was somehow enough for her to question her sexual orientation which she had been pretty confident in up until that point.” Rebecca says. “It sounds as if you’re mocking me.” Xavier observes. “Not at all, I just find it odd, that’s all. But, if you say Kaylie is attracted to you, I believe you. After all, what other reason would Kaylie have to be with you if she didn’t love you?” Rebecca asks. Xavier smiles. “Exactly.” Xavier says. Bethany comes out of the other room. “Rebecca? Oh my gosh, what a surprise!” Bethany exclaims, pretending to be surprised. “Sorry for just dropping by, but I was in the area so I thought I would check and see if you wanted to join me for breakfast.” Rebecca says. “Breakfast sounds divine!” Bethany says. Bethany turns towards Xavier. “Want to join us, Xavier?” Bethany asks. “I’ll have to politely decline, I already had my breakfast.” Xavier tells her. “Maybe next time then. Come on, Rebecca.” Bethany says. Bethany and Rebecca walk out. In the hallway, Bethany turns towards Rebecca. “Find anything out?” Bethany asks. “Not here. We’ll talk about it over breakfast.” Rebecca says. Rebecca and Bethany get onto the elevator.

Inside Kaylie’s apartment, Xavier’s phone rings, and he answers. “This is Xavier Irons.” Xavier says. “Xavier, its Dylan Stanpatos.” Dylan reveals. “Ah, Dylan! What a pleasant surprise? What can I do for you?” Xavier questions. “I was hoping you could come down to my office if you have some time, I’ve made a decision about your proposal.” Dylan tells him. “I have some time right now, how about I head right over there?” Xavier asks. “Sounds great, I’ll see you soon.” Dylan says. Xavier hangs up, and smiles. “Assuming Dylan has accepted my proposal, phase 1 of my plan is complete. Now, its time to move on to phase 2…” Xavier says…

“How do you plan on discrediting Julia?” Andy questions. “I’d prefer not to go into the details.” Victor says. “Why? Are you afraid I’ll go and warn her?” Andy asks. “Would you?” Victor questions. “I guess it depends on what you plan on using against her. Honestly, its probably better I stay away from this mess entirely. I like Julia, and you are my uncle.” Andy notes. “As long as I still have your vote.” Victor says. “You still have to earn it, family or not.” Andy says. Kristina walks in. “Good morning guys. Wow, the living room looks great! Pretty much exactly the same as it was before!” Kristina notes. “I’m glad you like it. Is there any chance you and I could talk in private?” Victor questions. “I actually have to go and meet Rebecca for breakfast anyway. I’ll see you two later.” Andy says, before walking out. “Where’s Brady?” Victor questions. “He had to go and run some errands. So...what’s up?” Kristina asks. “I wanted to know if you’ve made a decision about my job offer.” Victor says. “Well, I have spent a lot of time thinking about it, and honestly? I’m just not interested.” Kristina reveals. “May I ask why?” Victor asks. “Its not who I am. I don’t want anything to do with politics.” Kristina says. “I understand that, but you would be working behind the scenes!” Victor notes. “Let me rephrase. I don’t want anything to do with YOUR politics. I respect you as my father in law, but I absolutely, 100% disagree with anything and everything you stand for. With that being said, it’d honestly be kinda dumb for me to go and work for you.” Kristina says. “What else do you have to do? You haven’t had a job since coming back from the dead, and its not like you can go back and work for Alexios because he’s dead!” Victor points out. “Because I killed him, right?” Kristina asks. “I wasn’t going to say that.” Victor claims. “You were thinking it, lets be real. Regardless, my mind is made up. Sorry, not sorry, you’ll have to find someone else. Bye!” Kristina says, before walking out, leaving an annoyed Victor behind.

“I want to give Lydia a proper memorial, but I’ve been a little busy, in case you haven’t heard.” Lucas says. “I heard you got stabbed. Bummer.” Serena says. “Which part? That I got stabbed or that I survived?” Lucas asks. Serena rolls her eyes. “Of course I don’t want you dead!” Serena says. “Are you sure about that? Because you’ve never been shy about the fact that you never approved of Lydia and I together.” Lucas notes. “You gave me pretty good reason. But, none of that is important right now. I came here to celebrate my sister’s life.” Serena says. Lucas sighs. “I might be pushing Lydia’s memorial off without even realizing it. Life has been so overwhelming since losing her, I haven’t really had the chance to grieve for her yet. If I have this memorial, it’ll force me to accept the fact that Lydia is gone and never coming back. What makes it even harder is that there isn’t even a body to bury! Where’s the closure in that?” Lucas wonders. “I understand what you’re going through, believe me. So...if you need any help planning the memorial, I’d be happy to give you a hand. I’ll be in town for a few days so I definitely have the time.” Serena says. “Thank you.” Lucas tells her.

“What do you know about your sister?” Virginia questions. “All I know is that Bethany Wilson indicated something is going on with Kaylie.” Julia notes. “Bethany Wilson? Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a minute! I always thought she and Kaylie were just so precious together! Anyway, I’m gonna find out what’s going on with your sister, even if I’ve gotta force it out of her!” Virginia says. Virginia pulls out her phone. “Who are you calling?” Julia questions. “Hello, Rachel? Its me…yeah, I’m doing fantastic. Speaking of Fantastic, any chance you could get me the address for someone who lives in Fantastic City? It belongs to my daughter Kaylie...Great! Get back to me ASAP!” Virginia says, before hanging up. “Why didn’t you just call Kaylie and ask her for her address?” Julia asks. “And give her the chance to come up with some tall tale to tell me later? I don’t think so! If I’m gonna get the truth out of her, I need to catch her off guard, which is EXACTLY what I’m gonna do!” Virginia says. Virginia heads towards the door. “Aren’t you going to wait until you get the address before you fly out of here?” Julia asks. “No time! I want to practically be at Kaylie’s door by the time Rachel gets back to me with that address! And don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about our conversation either. I will deal with you later. Love you, baby!” Virginia says, as she blows Julia a kiss, and walks out.

At the Lakeside Diner, Rebecca and Bethany are sitting in a booth, when Bethany begins eyeing Rebecca’s home fries. “Those look really good!” Bethany notes. “You should’ve gotten the home fries then.” Rebecca tells her. Bethany sighs. “I know, its just the latest in a string of crappy life choices.” Bethany says. Rebecca rolls her eyes, and pushes the plate of home fries over to Bethany. “They’re all yours.” Rebecca says. Bethany smiles. “Thanks babe. Anyways, now that that’s settled, we can get down to business.” Bethany says. “Not yet, we’re still waiting for someone.” Rebecca says. Andy appears, and sits next to Rebecca. “Sorry I’m late.” Andy says. “Wait, did you tell Andy?” Bethany asks. “I did. I thought maybe he could help with the investigation. I hope that isn’t a problem.” Rebecca says. “I guess not. So, what did you find out about Xavier in your conversation?” Bethany questions. “Nothing about whatever Xavier is holding over Kaylie, though I am betting there is something. I did get some background on Xavier’s early life. He was raised by his mother, his father was involved in his life, but he apparently wasn’t there all the time.” Rebecca says. “Back up, did you say Xavier’s father was a part of his life?” Andy asks. “Yeah.” Rebecca confirms. “That’s interesting. I did some digging of my own into Xavier’s life, and got a copy of his birth certificate sent to me. For some reason, Xavier doesn’t have a father listed on his birth certificate.” Andy reveals. “That’s strange. Why wouldn’t Xavier’s father’s name be on the certificate if he was supposedly a part of Xavier’s life?” Rebecca wonders. “Do you know if his father had any type of custody over him?” Andy asks. “Not that I know of. It sounded like Xavier’s father visited him, but he never lived with him.” Rebecca says. “Maybe there’s a reason for that, the same reason his name isn’t on Xavier’s birth certificate. Maybe Xavier was the product of an affair. His father didn’t want to abandon his son but at the same time he also didn’t want his significant other to find out he had a son with another woman. So, he kept his name off the birth certificate, and he visited when he could without his wife knowing.” Andy suggests. “Xavier did mention being showered with expensive gifts and family heirlooms by his father, which would imply his father was rich.” Rebecca notes. “Affairs are kinda a stereotype for rich men, but how is any of this going to help Kaylie get out of this loveless relationship?” Bethany questions. “The more we find out about Xavier, the better idea we’ll have of how to combat him.” Andy says. Bethany’s phone rings, and she checks the Caller ID. “Oh, hang on. Its Kaylie!” Bethany says. Bethany answers. “Hey Kay, what’s up?” Bethany asks. “Can you meet me down at the station? I need to talk to you.” Kaylie says. “Sure, I’ll be right there.” Bethany says, before hanging up. “Sorry for dashing, but Kaylie wants to talk to me. Thanks so much for your help, you two.” Bethany says. Bethany pushes the home fries back to Rebecca. “Guess I won’t be needing these anymore. Okay, talk to you guys later!” Bethany says, before standing up, and leaving. Andy laughs. “She sure bombed out of here fast.” Andy notes. “She really cares about Kaylie, and when I say she cares, I mean she’s fallen hard for her.” Rebecca says. “I got to know Kaylie a bit when we worked on the force together. She seems like a good person, she definitely doesn’t deserve what Xavier is doing to her.” Andy says. “Bethany will find a way to get her out of this, she won’t rest until she does.” Rebecca says. “That’s what worries me. Bethany has a habit of sometimes being impulsive, so what if she does something extreme that ends up causing Kaylie more harm than good?” Andy asks. “Lets hope we’re there to stop her before it gets that far.” Rebecca says. Rebecca’s phone begins to ring. “Oh, hang on.” Rebecca says. Rebecca answers the phone. “Hello?...Yes, this is she…Mayor Goodman, this is a surprise! What can I do for you?” Rebecca asks. Rebecca’s eyes widen. “Oh...I’m flattered, really. Thank you for thinking of me, but before I give you an answer, I’ll need to talk to my fiance...I’ll be in touch.” Rebecca says, before hanging up. “What was that about?” Andy questions. “The mayor has a job offer for me.” Rebecca says. “Oh yeah? What’s the job?” Andy asks. “He wants me to be the police commissioner again.” Rebecca reveals!

Dylan is sitting behind his desk at Stanpatos Enterprises when there is a knock on the door. “Come in!” Dylan calls out. Xavier walks in. “Hello Dylan, its good to see you. I was pleased to get your call, I hope you have some good news for me.” Xavier says. “Have a seat.” Dylan urges. Xavier sits across from Dylan. “So, I’ve thought long and hard about your proposition. I’ve also spent quite a bit of time researching Iron Clad to make sure its a company I want to be doing business with. Ultimately, the answer was clear...I’d be a fool to pass up such an amazing opportunity.” Dylan says. Dylan holds out his hand. “Welcome to the fold, Xavier. Once the paperwork is signed, Iron Clad will officially be a part of Stanpatos Enterprises.” Dylan says. Xavier smiles. “I couldn’t be more thrilled. I’m looking forward to getting to work with you.” Xavier claims.

Bethany walks into the squad room of the police station and finds Kaylie sitting behind a desk. “Sorry it took so long for me to get here.” Bethany says. “I actually thought you got here pretty fast.” Kaylie says. “So, what’s up?” Bethany asks. “We should probably talk in private.” Kaylie says. Kaylie stands up, and leads Bethany into the interrogation room. “What’s going on?” Bethany asks. “We need to talk about our living situation. Its...its not working out.” Kaylie says. “I see Xavier has been talking to you.” Bethany notes. “This has nothing to do with Xavier.” Kaylie lies. “Do you know how much you suck at lying? Everything has changed since Xavier showed up! The two of us were hanging out, watching movies, having drinks together, when suddenly your fiance who strangely enough is a guy shows up, and now you act like you aren’t allowed to even be in the same room as me because you’re worried about offending your so called boyfriend! So when are you going to stop dodging my questions and tell me why you are really marrying Xavier? Because there isn’t a single person in this city that thinks you’re marrying him out of love!” Bethany says. “Wait, have you been talking to other people about my relationship?” Kaylie asks. “I need to vent to someone since you’ve been giving me the cold shoulder for weeks!” Bethany says. “You have no right to be telling everyone else about my business!” Kaylie tells her. “How about we make a deal? I’ll stop gossiping about your relationship with Xavier if you tell me the real reason you’re marrying him!” Bethany says. Kaylie sighs. “Kaylie, I hope you know I’m not being this pushy because I have feelings for you. I’m doing this because I know the only reason you’re with Xavier is probably because you feel trapped, and I want to help you! All you have to do is tell me what Xavier is holding over you, and we can fix this! We can fix this together!” Bethany tells her. Kaylie contemplates.

“The mayor wants you as the new police commissioner?” Andy asks. “I’m just as surprised as you are. After I killed Andre, I didn’t think I would EVER have another chance at that job.” Rebecca says. “Stranger things have happened.” Andy notes. “If you aren’t comfortable with me taking your old job, I’ll turn it down.” Rebecca says. “What do you want to do?” Andy questions. “I like the idea of being police commissioner again, I’m just not sure its right taking the job right after you were fired.” Rebecca admits. Andy takes Rebecca’s hand. “If its what you want, its definitely right. In all of my years of living in Fantastic, I have never seen a police commissioner as good as you, and I would feel a lot better about losing the job if I knew the city was being left in your capable hands.” Andy says. “Thank you for always being so supportive of me and everything I do.” Rebecca tells him. “I’ll always support you, that’s what husbands and wives do for each other, and pretty soon we’re going to be married again.” Andy says. “I can’t wait to marry you again, this time for the last time.” Rebecca says, before leaning in and kissing Andy.

Virginia is walking through the common area of King Beast Plaza. “Kaylie, whatever you’ve gotten yourself into, your Mama is here to help…” Virginia mumbles to herself. “Virginia?” A voice calls out. Virginia freezes when she hears the voice. Virginia turns around, and sees Victor standing there!

Daisy is heading upstairs in the Stanpatos foyer when the doorbell rings. Daisy comes down the stairs, opens the door, and finds Xavier standing outside. “Good afternoon, Daisy! Lovely afternoon, wouldn’t you agree?” Xavier asks. “I thought you were meeting with Dylan.” Daisy notes. Xavier walks inside. “I already did.” Xavier says. “And? How did it go?” Daisy questions. “Exactly how I expected it to go. Dylan has agreed to make Iron Clad a part of Stanpatos Enterprises.” Xavier reveals. “I’m glad to hear that. Don’t forget I had something to do with that. Dylan was still on the fence until I talked him in to accepting your proposal.” Daisy notes. “Thank you, Daisy, you were most helpful. However, I’m not done with you quite yet.” Xavier says. Daisy’s eyes widen. “Wait, you said that all you wanted from me was to convince Dylan to take your stupid deal!” Daisy points out. Xavier smiles. “I lied. You see, now that Dylan has let me into the company, I’m going to need your help with destroying him.” Xavier tells Daisy!

A tear rolls down Kaylie’s cheek. “I’m sorry, Beth.” Kaylie says. Bethany shakes her head. “I’m not surprised. I’m hurt, but I’m not surprised. You know, I can’t stop thinking about when we were in high school, first getting to know each other. It was the first time I had ever been attracted to a girl before. For obvious reasons, you were the first person I told that I was bi. Obviously, your sister and your Mom found out, but I didn’t care all that much because I didn’t know them. But the people I did know? I couldn’t tell them I was interested in both boys and girls! It was different with you, though. I had no problem coming out to you and confessing my feelings because I knew I could trust you with my life, and even if you rejected me, it wouldn’t change our friendship. That’s how much faith I had in you, how much I trusted you! I wasn’t a very open or very secure person back then, but I knew I could trust you enough to tell you my deepest darkest secret and not have to worry about being judged for it. I don’t know, I guess after all those combined years of being friends and being in a relationship that I thought you felt the same way about me. Maybe its the fact that we haven’t been in touch for so long, maybe you never put the same trust in me that I put in you, but its clear that you aren’t going to let me help, so why bother? I am done!” Bethany snaps. Bethany goes to leave. “Bethany, wait!” Kaylie urges. Bethany turns towards her. “I don’t want you to go.” Kaylie tells her. Bethany’s eyes become softer. “You’re right, I don’t love Xavier. I despise him, and just looking at him makes my skin crawl.” Kaylie admits. “Then what are you doing with him?” Bethany asks. Kaylie struggles through her tears. “He...he has my son.” Kaylie confesses!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down