QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 09: Infiltration

Go down

Chapter 09: Infiltration Empty Chapter 09: Infiltration

Post by QG Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:57 pm

SCRIPT BY: Caramel Bubble
Outside of the observatory, Andy is staring up at it, examining it. “How didn’t I see this before? It’s the tallest building in New Haven. It looms over the entire city… perfect for a man who’s named himself king.” Andy says. “Then we’ll be the ones who push him out of his throne, and right into his grave.” Lauren says. “Look, as much as I hate The Master, I want him alive. That means no bloodshed.” Dylan tells her, as she rolls her eyes. “What are we standing around for, let’s go in and kick some butt!” Yeller says. “I don’t think it’s a good idea for you, Dun Dun, Tat, and Lightcap to follow us.” Dylan says. Tat looks down in rejection. “Hey. Tat held her own during the fight with Penn, she’s proved she can hold her own in a fight. As for the others, I still don’t know why we have to lug these three around.” Lauren states. “Dun Dun not staying out here and getting eaten by dose “high bricks!”” Dun Dun yells. “One, they’re called hybrids. And two, they won’t eat you, they’ll probably just… kill you.” Lauren says, muttering that last part. “Oh! Oh! I’m useful! I can use electricity to fight the bad guys!” Lightcap says while hopping up and down. “I have a pretty good aim for throwing rocks if I do say so myself.” Yeller says while tossing a rock from one hand to the other before dropping it on his foot. “Dun Dun like breaking stuff with my bat. Oh yeah, and she helpful, whatever.” Dun Dun says. “Fine. You guys can come, but don’t get in the way of my bullets.” Lauren says. “Before we go in, we should be wary of the possible risks that might show their ugly head. The Master’s made himself quite the wealthy man, given his sought after skill set as a criminal, meaning this place is likely crawling with henchmen, both human and hybrids. Meaning we have to be on our top guard. Also, be on the lookout for Puppy, there’s a chance he might be in the tower.” Andy says. “I already said he’s probably dead at this point.” Lauren says. “I don’t want to give up hope. Somehow… I believe Puppy survive that encounter with the hybrids. It’s a long shot, I know, but until I see it for myself… I don’t think he’s dead. So, is everyone ready for what’s ahead?” Andy asks them. Dylan holds up a small gun, containing the cure for FUSION. “I am. With this, we won’t have any trouble getting past the guards.” Dylan says. “We’ll still need to fight the human guards, y’know. Unless you plan on squirting them in the eyes with that.” Claire remarks. Lauren holds up her pistol. “This should handle the human guards just fine.” Lauren says. “Next time we need help going up against a homicidal maniac, it would be a good idea to, oh I don’t know, not recruit someone more trigger-happy than the bad guy!” Dylan says, annoyed. “I didn’t like the idea of working with you anymore than you do now.” Lauren states. “Look, as much as I love our daily ‘roast Dylan segment’, we really need to focus on getting inside that tower and bringing down The Master.” Claire tells them. “Good call, Claire.” Lauren tells her. “Of course you don’t have the guts to say no to Claire.” Dylan mutters. Lauren smile at Dylan, before decking him!

Inside the tower, Klein is walking down a corridor. Two armed henchmen come around the corner. “Don’t take another step!” One of them say. Before they can draw their weapons, Klein shoots them both. He picks up one of the guard’s radios, then checks the tracker he implanted on Dylan, Lauren, and Tat, to see that their at the entrance of the tower. “Attention, guards. I have eyes on intruders on the first floor, by the entrance.” Klein says into the radio, impersonating a guard, then tossing it to the side. “With any luck, The Master’s goons will take care of the problem without me having to lift a finger.” Klein says to himself.
The eight of them come through the front door, when they are immediately met by four henchmen, all pointing machine guns at them! “Knew we shouldn’t have used the front door.” Lauren says. “Surrender peacefully, and we’ll make your deaths quick. If you fight back, you’ll die slowly and painfully”, one of the guards says. “Tell me there’s a third option.” Dylan says. The intercom above them turns on. “Welcome friends to my humble abode. I regret you won’t be around long enough for us to give you the grand tour, believe me, but it’s for the best. Guards, end them.” The Master says over the intercom. Before they get shot, one of the eight courageously steps forward. “Hey. Guys with guns. Is your stove running?” Dun Dun asks the guards. “...what? That’s not… how the joke goes.” One of them says. While they’re distracted, Lightcap zaps them with his electricity, knocking them all out. “Who knew Dun Dun’s stupidity would be so helpful?”, Lightcap asks. ”Dun Dun knew”, Dun Dun responds. Lauren notices an elevator and runs to press the button, only to find that nothing happens. “He must’ve shut the elevators down”, Andy realizes. “Of course, it’s more dramatic that way, The Master does love his theatrics.” Dylan sarcastically says. “There has to be a staircase or something!” Claire says. Andy checks the floorplan using his eye gadget, and reveals that there is one on the other side of the building. “This way! There’s one over here.” Andy says. They run down the corridor, when Tat stops in her tracks and notices the two henchmen Klein shot earlier. “Hey guys, come see this!” Tat tells the others. They come back to check on the men. “...Dead”, Dylan says, checking their pulse. “Someone else in the building must have a bone to pick with The Master. Maybe I’ll send them a fruit basket,” Lauren quips. “This person might be after us too,” Yeller suggests. “Well, let’s worry about that later. Right now we need to get to the staircase, The Master’s probably on the top floor,” Andy says. “How many flights of stairs are there?” Tat wonders. “Ten,” Andy reveals. “Uggghhh,” Tat groans.

Dagger approaches The Master. “Do you want me to go and search for the enemies?” Dagger asks. “No, I have another task in mind for you. Go and retrieve our latest asset. If they do make it here, I’ll need to be prepared to fight them,” The Master says. “I’ll do just that,” Dagger says.

In the observatory, Klein is thrown through a wall by a hybrid. Klein stands up, as the hybrid comes closer to finish the job. “The WPA was tasked with perfecting FUSION… but we also know how to reverse it.” Klein says. takes out a gun, containing the cure, and shoots the hybrid! The hybrid shrinks, and returns to human form. “No one can know I was ever here.” Klein says. He puts away the cure and pulls out a real gun.

The eight heroes are running down a corridor when a hybrid comes around the corner! Andy pulls out a gun containing the cure and shoots the hybrid. The hybrid immediately stops and begins to revert back to a human, falling unconscious. “We should get them out of the building.” Andy says. “We don’t have time for that,” Lauren notes. “I have a plan! Yeller, help me out will ya?” Tat says. The two drag the unconscious man into a supply closet, closing the door. “He should be safe for now,” Tat says. “Don’t make me drag anymore people today. One’s already too much,” Yeller says out of breath. “We’ll come back later for them, right?” Lightcap asks. “For sure. If he doesn’t wake up first.” Claire says. They proceed through a door, bringing them to a long staircase, spanning ten flights. “This is it, we can do this!” Lightcap tells everyone. They all nod in unison. They begin running up the steps, eager to reach the top. Once they reach the third floor, a door swings open. A henchman points his gun at them. Dylan charges at him, engaging in hand to hand as he attempts to disarm him. He accidentally throws the henchmen over the railing, falling down two stories. “Well that wasn’t supposed to happen,” Dylan says. “Sometimes, you have to improvise,” Lauren says. Another henchman appears in the doorway, but Lauren shoots him before he can fire a shot. “C’mon, let’s keep moving!” Andy says. They continue to run up, floor after floor, until they reach the ninth floor. Dylan, who is somewhat far ahead, accidentally runs over a landmine! “Dylan-!” Lauren attempts to warn him, but it’s too late. The landmine detonates and blows Dylan back, Andy and Claire manage to catch him. The eight now look at the staircase leading up to the tenth floor, now destroyed. “Nice going, Dylan! This was our one chance of getting to The Master, and you blew it.” Claire says. “Literally,” Yeller sarcastically says. “This is just a minor setback, we can still reach the top floor.” Dylan says confidently. “How’s that?” Lauren wonders. Dylan fires a grappling hook from his watch right above the tenth floor door. He then cuts the end off and ties it to the railing. “Well this looks safe,” Tat notes. “It’s our only ticket to getting up there. Let’s go one at a time, okay?” Dylan says. They each climb across, one by one. Dun Dun, the last one on the rope, suddenly loses her grip and falls off. Before she falls to her death, Claire catches her in the nick of time with her powers, before safely landing her with the rest of them. “Close one, huh?” Claire asks her. “Why you no do that earlier instead of us risking our lives climbing up that flimsy rope?!” Dun Dun yells. “First of all, rude. Second of all, that would exhaust my powers! I’m not a magician.” Claire says. “Yeah well Lightcap no climb!He ride on Andy’s back like a bum!” Dun Dun says accusingly. “I don’t even have arms,” Lightcap says. “Let’s just ignore whatever comes out of her mouth for now and get a move on already,” Lauren says.

They bust through the door, entering a large, seemingly empty room. “Maybe The Master ran away with his tail between his legs,” Lauren suggests. “Doubt it. He has to be somewhere around h-” Dylan says before he’s interrupted by a familiar voice. “Welcome friends, I’m glad you’ve finally decided to come visit me,” The Master says. They look up and see him standing on a platform above them. “How appropriate that you all look so small from where I’m standing… considering you’re nothing more than insignificant bugs.” The Master taunts. “It’s over! We already have a plan in motion to cure the hybrids. All that’s left is to take you down,” Dylan tells him. “What you did was merely a little snag in my plan. Once you’re dead, I’ll be finishing what I started.” The Master says. “There’s eight of us and only one of you! It shouldn't be too hard,” Tat yells. “You seemed to have quite a bit of trouble when it was three of you against Penn,” The Master remarks. Tat growls. “Don’t let him get to you, he’s just stalling,” Lauren says putting a hand on her shoulder. “This isn’t over yet, I still have one last trick up my sleeve!” The Master says. He pulls a lever, that opens up a hatch in the ceiling, and lowers down a tied up Puppy! He stops Puppy’s rope before he reaches the ground, and so that the eight can’t reach him. “Puppy! He’s alive!” Andy says relieved. “Why would The Master keep him alive? There has to be a reason!” Lauren wonders. “Puppy right here is my contingency plan,” The Master reveals. “You can’t use Puppy as your hostage!” Dylan tells him. “Oh I assure you I won’t use him as a hostage… I’m going to be using him as a WEAPON!” The Master yells. He points a gun filled with FUSION at Puppy, firing multiple shots at him! Puppy begins to glow green. “NOW it’s over… for you, that is.” The Master announces.

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down