QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 08: Nearing the End

Go down

Chapter 08: Nearing the End Empty Chapter 08: Nearing the End

Post by QG Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:56 pm

SCRIPT BY: qg2004
Dylan, Lauren, Tat, Yeller, Lightcap, and Dun Dun enter Yo Mama’s lab. “Sorry we took so long. We ran into a few bumps in the road, literally.” Dylan notes. “Who are these three?” Yo Mama asks, when he sees Lightcap, Dun Dun, and Yeller. “It wasn’t my idea to bring them along.” Lauren makes sure to note. “Yo Mama, they are Yeller, Dun Dun, and Lightcap.” Dylan introduces. “What kind of name Yo Mama?” Dun Dun asks. “What kind of name is Dun Dun?” Yo Mama asks. Dun Dun doesn’t answer. “Yeah, I thought so.” Yo Mama says. “Where’s the cure?” Lauren asks. “Follow me, boys and girls.” Yo Mama says. Yo Mama leads them all over to a lab table, where a small container, holding a green substance, is sitting. “Just one bottle? I’m not a scientist, but even I’m pretty confident that that won’t cure all of the hybrids.” Tat says. “Now that you have the base dosage, its really not all that difficult to make more. You just gotta add a drop to water, and it’ll start to spread through the body of water.” Yo Mama reveals. Lauren picks up the bottle. “Is this harmful to people?” Lauren asks. “You mean people that haven’t been infected by FUSION? Nah. If by chance they somehow get a taste of that, it ain’t gonna harm them at all.” Yo Mama says. “Good to know...” Lauren says. “Have you guys made any progress in stopping The Master?” Yo Mama asks. “Not yet, but we will.” Dylan says. “We have to, we need to make him pay for what he did to my brother!” Tat adds. “I’m assuming your bro got infected by FUSION. At least now, you’ll be able to cure him.” Yo Mama notes. “We should go find Andy and Claire so we can finally end this.” Lauren says. “Good luck, you guys are gonna need it. I remember The Master from the old days, and he was dangerous even back then. But, him poisoning all these innocent people...it proves the dude has only gotten worse.” Yo Mama says. “We’re gonna stop him, just like we would back in the old days.” Dylan says. “I know you will. Stay safe.” Yo Mama tells them. Tat grabs the cure from Lauren. “What are you doing?” Lauren asks. “Don’t worry, I’ll give it right back.” Tat says, before running out. Outside, Tat runs up to their car, and opens up the trunk of the car. Penn is still lying in their, unconscious. Tat then opens his mouth, and drops a sip of the cure into it. “Don’t worry, you’re going to be just fine, I promise.” Tat tells him.

At his listening station, Klein runs Yo Mama’s voice through his voice identifier. Klein then pulls out his phone, and makes a call. “One more person might know we had possession of FUSION before The Master. He goes by the name Yo Mama, his real name is Jarnell Stem. He actually worked for us as a scientist for a time, but he quit so he could go off and work alone. I’ll try to verify if Yo Mama knows the truth or not another time. Right now, I’m going to focus on the people who definitely know the truth.” Klein says. “Are you going to make a move against them?” His boss can be heard asking. “Not yet. I have a feeling they’ll end up leading us right back to The Master, and when they do, I can kill all of them at once. After that, no one else will ever know that the WPA lost such a dangerous substance to a terrorist.” Klein says.

At his compound, The Master pours himself a drink, as Dagger comes in. “You celebrating something?” Dagger asks. “I’m drowning my sorrows. The hybrid sent to kill Dylan, Lauren, and Tat failed.” The Master reveals. “I’ve got some news that might cheer you up. A bunch of your hybrids went crashing into the fire station those jerks were hiding out in.” Dagger reveals. “Were there any casualties?” The Master asks. “Two got away, but we managed to take one guy down. It was that dog, Puppy.” Dagger reveals. “Is he dead?” The Master asks. “The hybrids did exactly what you ordered them to do with Puppy.” Dagger vaguely says. The Master smiles. “I suppose that is good news.” The Master admits.

The heroes’ car speeds past a sign that says “Welcome to New Haven City!” Dylan is talking to Andy via his watch. “We have the cure, dropped Penn off at a hospital, and now, we’re coming to pick you up.” Dylan reveals. “That’s great! We entered the sewer through a manhole, off of Summer Avenue.” Andy reveals. Lauren sets the GPS, right after Andy tells them the street he and Claire are near. “We’ll be their soon, just hang on for a little while longer.” Dylan urges. “We’ll try. Drive carefully.” Andy says, before hanging up. “Okay, lets get real for a second here. How are we suppose to administer the cure to all of the hybrids?” Dylan asks. “You didn’t think to ask this BEFORE you got the cure?” Yeller asks. “The adrenaline from nearly dying, and then running over an old lady had me a little distracted.” Dylan confesses. “Don’t worry, I already have a plan.” Lauren says. “I’m guessing you plan on dumping a drop of the cure into a bunch of water bottles. Sure, that will make a giant batch, but, we’ll still need to go after the hybrids individually, and that’ll take forever.” Dylan points out. “Its the only option we have!” Tat argues. “It isn’t. I have a plan that will work much faster than going after one hybrid at a time.” Lauren reveals. “I’m all ears. What’s your big plan?” Dylan asks. “Explaining myself is gonna have to wait, we have a problem.” Lauren says, while pointing to the road ahead. The other heroes notice a group of hybrids at the top of the road, standing in the middle! “Dun Dun gonna die! She was better off with GooGoo Mama!” Dun Dun yells. “Mama GooGoo!” Yeller corrects her. “We should use the sentry guns on the sides of the car!” Dylan suggests. “I don’t think so. I’ve been waiting to use that mini gun on top of the car, I’m not gonna let the opportunity pass by.” Lauren says. “But you’re driving!” Dylan protests. Lauren smirks. “I can do both.” Lauren brags. Lauren then stands up on her seat, and sticks the upper half of her body out of the sunroof! Lauren then puts her foot on the steering wheel, in order to still steer the car. “ARE YOU INSANE?!” A frantic Dylan asks her. Lauren wraps her hands around the handles of the mini gun, and begins to rapidly fire at the hybrids in front of them, taking them all down immediately! “TURN RIGHT.” The GPS tells them. Lauren, using her foot, steers the car around the corner. Though the car skids all across the road, she manages to avoid crashing. “Its almost like she’s done this before.” Lightcap notes. Dylan looks through the passenger’s side mirror, and sees three hybrids riding mopeds speeding at them from behind! “Lauren, we have company behind us!” Dylan reveals. Tat vacantly stares at the moped riding hybrids through the back window. “I’ve seen it all, now.” A stunned Tat says. “Can someone hand me my rocket launcher?” Lauren asks. “Your WHAT?” Yeller asks. Tat pulls a bag onto her lap, and opens it up. It is revealed to be filled with a bunch of weapons! Dun Dun stares at Tat. “Their Lauren’s, not mine!” Tat protests. Tat pulls out the rocket launcher, and hands it to Lauren. Lauren turns to face the hybrids riding behind their car, and sticks the tip of her foot through the steering wheel, so she can continue to steer the car. “We’re gonna die...” Yeller groans. “TURN LEFT.” The GPS says. Lauren does so, despite her attention being on the hybrids behind them. The turn is incredibly sharp, and Yeller, Tat, and Lightcap all fall onto Dun Dun! The hybrids take the turn as well, and continue to follow the heroes. Lauren aims her rocket launcher, and then fires at the ground in front of the hybrids! The ground blows up in front of the hybrids, and it in turn blows up the hybrids as well! Lauren smiles, and then finally goes back into the car. “Well that was a BLAST.” Lauren says. “Oh yeah. After we beat The Master and are given the keys to the city, we’ll be arrested for destroying the entire city in the process.” Dylan notes. “I’m sure a big city like this can afford a good road crew.” Lauren says. “Hey Lauren, can you teach me how to do that kind of stuff?” Tat asks. “Call me when all of this is over, and we’ll work something out.” Lauren says. “YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION.” The GPS announces. Lauren slams on the brakes, causing Tat, Lightcap, Dun Dun, and Yeller to go flying into the back of the front seats. Lauren gets out, and immediately spots the manhole. “Found it.” Lauren announces. Dylan and Lauren both rush over to the manhole, and are able to pry it open. “Do we really have to go down there?” Tat asks. “Unless you want to end up as a hybrid’s lunch, yeah, we do.” Lauren says. Dun Dun pushes past them, and jumps into the manhole!

Claire is pacing down in the sewers, while Andy looks on. “Ugh! It STINKS down here! I don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to take it!” Claire complains. “I don’t like it, either. But its the price we have to pay in order to stay alive.” Andy notes. Dun Dun jumps into the sewers, which startles both Andy and Claire! “What the heck is SHE doing here?!” Claire asks. “Dun Dun come to rescue cowards.” Dun Dun announces. “Pardon us if we don’t believe you.” Andy says. “Pardon Dun Dun if she steal you wallet.” Dun Dun says. Lauren, Dylan, Yeller, Lightcap, and Tat jump into the basement next, joining Andy, Claire, and Dun Dun. “I didn’t know you guys picked up hitchhikers on your way over here.” Claire notes. “Nice to see you, too, Claire.” Dylan sarcastically says. “If it were up to me, those three would still be walking back to New Haven.” Lauren tells Claire. “We took in Yeller, Dun Dun, and Lightcap because it wasn’t safe for them out there.” Dylan reveals. “I think that was a good idea. Hopefully, that won’t be the case for much longer, now that we have the cure. Speaking of which, do we have a plan on how we are going to use it to cure ALL of the hybrids? Are we planning to go after them one by one?” Andy asks. “I have a better idea.” Lauren says. “Leave it to you to always be thinking ahead of others. So, what do you have in mind?” Claire asks. “Get in the car, and I’ll show you.” Lauren tells her.

The eight are now standing on top of a bridge, overlooking the New Haven River. “Did you bring us out here for sight seeing?” Dylan asks. Lauren points down at the river. “That’s our cure.” Lauren reveals. “Do you think you can clarify?” Tat asks. “When we broke into the WPA outpost, and looked at that file on FUSION, I saw that one of the notes on the hybrids said that like humans, hybrids still need to drink in order to survive. Since these things are kind of like wild animals, they are gonna want to find a body of water to drink from, most likely the river. So, if we dump the cure into the river, the hybrids will unknowingly be cured whenever they decide to get a drink.” Lauren elaborates. “Is dumping this into the water safe?” Andy asks. “I asked Yo Mama if the cure was toxic to humans, and he told me it wasn’t.” Lauren says, right before dumping the entire cure into the river! “If Cop didn’t have enough reason to want me in jail before, now he can arrest me for poisoning the city’s water supply.” Yeller notes. “You better hope this works, or you literally just threw out our one chance at saving New Haven. But, even if it did work, if we find ourselves faced with a hybrid, we’ll be without a cure because you dumped it in the river, so either way, we’re screwed.” Dylan says. Lauren rolls her eyes. “Relax. I’ve got that covered, too.” Lauren says. Lauren walks over to the bridge’s railing, and ties a rope to it. Lauren then ties the other end of the rope around her waist, before jumping off the bridge! “LAUREN!” Claire screams, before running over the railing. Claire looks over it, and sees Lauren dangling right above the water. “Are you okay?!” Claire asks. “I’m fine.” Lauren answers. Lauren takes out an empty water bottle, and fills it with water from the river. Lauren then pulls herself back up to the bridge, and unties herself from the rope. “Next time you decide to do something crazy like that, WARN me!” Claire yells. “Sorry for scaring you, but, I got what I went down there for.” Lauren says. “A drink?” Claire asks. Lauren holds up the bottle. “A cure. According to Yo Mama, that stuff spreads like wild fire, so the water in this bottle should already have been affected by the FUSION cure.” Lauren says. “Maybe you aren’t as dim as I thought.” Dylan says. “No, but you are definitely as dim as I thought to think that I’d ACTUALLY throw out our cure. Anyway, enough about that. Now that the cure has been taken care of, all we need to do now is find The Master.” Lauren says. “Which you’ve been dying to do since this all started. You must be real excited.” Claire says. “What can I say? I’m a sucker for bloodshed and death.” Lauren notes. “As it happens, I’ve actually figured out a way to track The Master down.” Andy reveals. “Why didn’t you say anything earlier?” Claire asks. “Its a recent realization. Besides, I couldn’t do it in the sewers because, while I could make calls, my computer didn’t have a signal down there.” Andy says. “What’s the plan?” Lauren asks. “The Master has been spying on us using the New Haven surveillance cameras. But, what he didn’t realize was that one of his biggest assets could potentially lead to his downfall. Since we are still breathing, I’m guessing that The Master is still using the cameras, trying to track us down. Which means, if I can hack into the surveillance system myself, I will hopefully be able to trace The Master’s signal, and pinpoint his exact location. And if we can’t pinpoint his exact location, the least we can do is find out the general vicinity he is hiding out in.” Andy says. “Even that is more to go on than anything we have now.” Lightcap notes. “But, this could take a while, so we should probably get back into the car. We are safer if we are constantly moving.” Andy notes. “Can’t argue with that. Lets roll.” Dylan says.

While Andy is in the backseat on his laptop, Lauren continues to drive them around New Haven. As they are driving through the streets, Claire notices a few humans lying unconscious, on the ground. “Looks like the cure is actually working.” Claire notes. “I never doubted it would...are...are you...” Lauren begins to say. “Am I what?” Claire asks. “You know...okay?” Lauren asks. “Why do you ask?” Claire asks. “The hybrids did invade the fire station, and from what I’ve heard, things got pretty intense...” Lauren notes. “I was a little shaken, but I got over it, at least what happened to me. Its going to take me a bit to get over what happened to Puppy, if I ever do. Thanks for the concern, though.” Claire says. Lauren faintly smiles when Claire looks away. Yeller pokes his head over Andy’s shoulder. “How is the tracking going?” Yeller asks. “Its actually pretty difficult, but, thankfully, not impossible. The Master’s signal is encrypted, but I should be able to bypass that.” Andy states. Andy types in a few more keys, and his face lights up. “I’m in!” Andy reveals. “What?” Tat asks. “The Master is hiding in an observatory, located on the north side of New Haven!” Andy announces. Lauren rapidly turns the car around, once again causing everyone in the backseat to fall onto Dun Dun. “Lets end this.” Dylan confidently states. “Ready or not, here we come.” Lauren says, as the car can be seen speeding up the road!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down