QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 04: The Sample

Go down

Chapter 04: The Sample Empty Chapter 04: The Sample

Post by QG Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:47 pm

SCRIPT BY: qg2004
Manshark runs out of the elevator at the six heroes, but suddenly stops in his tracks. It is revealed that ManShark is wearing a choke collar, which is tied to the back wall of the elevator’s interior. Despite being restrained, ManShark is still clawing at the heroes, attempting to hit them. “Dylan, Andy, I believe the two of you have already tangled with this deadly beast before, have you not?” The Master asks. “ManShark.” Dylan grimly says. “He worked at Total Yeller Mania!” Tat recalls. “He goes by the name ManShark, but once upon a time, his name was Noah Hansen. He was a scientist that studied aquatic creatures, namely sharks. Hansen was so obsessed with Sharks, he created a formula that could fuse a human’s DNA with a shark’s DNA, creating a hybrid, not entirely unlike the FUSION concept. Unfortunately, someone else used Hansen as a guinea pig in his own experiment, and this was the result.” Andy says. “How did you get your hands on ManShark?” Dylan asks. “Its actually quite humorous. Some famous reality show host was selling him on the internet, and, as you can probably guess, I couldn’t allow such a muscular specimen to fall into the wrong hands! So, I made a small gamble and purchased the beast.” The Master says. “We beat ManShark before, and we’ll do it again. Only this time, we have more people on our side.” Andy says. “I already considered the possibility that you could beat ManShark once more, which is why I’ve decided to include an added twist on this latest encounter. Take a moment to observe.” The Master says. A sentry gun stationed on the ceiling aims at ManShark, and fires a green substance at him! ManShark is hit, and it is clear that he is in visible pain. However, around his entire body, ManShark begins to radiate a shade of lime green. ManShark begins to grow larger in size, and the collar restraining him breaks off of his neck, rendering him free! Once ManShark is finished growing, he lets out a monstrous roar. “Play nice, everyone!” The Master says, before disappearing from the monitors.
Dylan shoots his grappling hook at ManShark, hoping to pull him to the ground. But, ManShark manages to grab a hold of it before it can grab him, and he then uses it to launch Dylan into the wall! Dylan smashes into the wall, and slowly slides onto the floor. Lauren then tosses a sticky grenade at ManShark, which detonates immediately after coming into contact with him. This causes ManShark minor pain, but he is able to immediately snap out of it. “We need a better plan!” Tat states. “I can come up with a solution, but I’ll need someone to distract ManShark while I do so!” Andy says. Puppy then runs into the battlefield, and begins barking at ManShark. This catches ManShark’s attention, and he slowly turns towards Puppy. ManShark begins to attack Puppy, who does his best to continually dodge ManShark’s attacks. Meanwhile, Andy rushes to a safe corner of the room, and uses his eye glass to analyze ManShark, as well as their surrounding environment. His eye glass begins focusing on ManShark, and then the elevator ManShark exited from earlier, before sending Andy a strategy to take down ManShark. “I’ve got it! In order to get rid of ManShark, we need to lure him back into the elevator, and make sure the doors close behind him! Then, we can take the final steps to stop him once and for all!” Andy says. Puppy runs in front of the elevator, and once again barks at ManShark to gain his attention. ManShark swings at Puppy, but misses. He then turns around, just as Claire uses her powers to throw one of the video monitors at him! “The rope!” Andy yells. Dylan’s gun emerges from his watch, and he shoots the rope above the elevator, which is holding it! The rope snaps in half, and the elevator, holding ManShark, goes plummeting down to the basement! The group then hear a loud crash, and go running to the elevator shaft. They look down, and see an unconscious ManShark lying on the basement floor. “That should hold him for a little while.” Andy says. “At least long enough for us to get out of the building.” Lauren adds. The Master reappears on the monitors. “This is impossible! ManShark was guaranteed to obliterate you pests! How are you still alive?!” The Master angrily asks. “Someone is sounding like a sore loser.” Dylan notes. “Just because you were somehow able to incapacitate ManShark, doesn’t mean I have lost! ManShark was merely one of five thousand FUSION hybrids, a number which is rapidly increasing by the millisecond! I assure you, once this is all over, each of you will be DEAD!” The Master warns, before disappearing from the monitors. “What now?” Tat asks. “We go back to the hideout to discuss where we go from here.” Lauren says.

Yeller, Lightcap, and Dun Dun are running down the street. “Its a good thing Cop suddenly got the chicken pox! It gave us a running start!” Yeller says. “But Dun Dun and friends still have other cops chasing them!” Dun Dun notes, as sirens can be heard in the distance. “Why are they after us?! We didn’t even do anything!” Lightcap whines. Yeller spots an alley nearby. “Quick! We’ll duck in there!” Yeller says. Yeller, Dun Dun, and Lightcap duck into the alley, and the cops speed by, oblivious to the three’s location. “Wow, you guys are good at this running from the police thing! Have you done it before?” Lightcap asks. “Never. Dun Dun and Yeller law abiding citizens.” Dun Dun lies. A trash can is knocked over nearby. “IT THE FUZZ!” Dun Dun screams. However, an older woman emerges from the shadows. “I’m not the police, dear. With that being said, I think I can help the three of you! But, in order to do so, you must follow me!” The woman says. Yeller shrugs. “We don’t have much to lose.” Yeller says. Yeller, Dun Dun, and Lightcap then follow the older woman.

Back at the abandoned fire station, everyone has returned in one piece. Dylan absorbs his surroundings, and then turns towards Lauren. “Would it have killed you to make some repairs around this dump?” Dylan asks. “Suck it up, I stayed in worse places when I worked in the WPA. You’d know what I was talking about if you ever did any REAL work for the agency.” Lauren says. “Now that we are safe, I think this is a good time to figure out how we proceed.” Andy says. “Personally, I want to track down The Master and blow his head off. But, since everybody else wants to find a cure for FUSION, I called in a favor from an old friend of mine that I worked with at the WPA. He’s on route to New Haven, now.” Lauren reveals. “We’ll still need a blood sample from one of the hybrids to make the antidote.” Tat notes. “I’ll get the blood.” Lauren says. “You’ll need a device that will draw the blood.” Andy reminds her. Lauren walks over to a bag sitting on a desk, and pulls out a device like that! “I always come prepared. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go take care of business.” Lauren says. “I’m coming, too.” Claire says. “No way.” Lauren says. “Why not?” Claire asks. “Its too dangerous!” Lauren argues. “That tired old excuse again? I can take care of myself!” Claire tells her. “I don’t care! I’m not gonna let you go running into danger!” Lauren says. “Its either I come with you, or I go off on my own.” Claire says. Lauren sighs. “Don’t do this...” Lauren says. “What’s it gonna be?” Claire asks. “Fine! Just as long as you stay behind me, and let me do most of the fighting.” Lauren says. “We’ll see about that last part.” Claire says. “Good luck, and Claire, try not to get in the way.” Dylan says. “Lauren, remind me to kick Dylan in the face when we come back.” Claire says. “If I remember.” Lauren says, as the two walk out. “Okay, Lauren and Claire are off to go get the blood sample...what are we suppose to do in the meantime?” Dylan asks. Tat pulls out a deck of cards. “Anyone know how to play Old Maid?” Tat asks. Puppy raises his hand.

At her house, the old woman brings Yeller, Lightcap, and Dun Dun a bowl of soup. “Who are you?” Lightcap asks. “They call me Mama GooGoo.” Mama GooGoo says. “Goo? Are you related to old, dead queen?” Dun Dun asks. “Queen Goo is a distant cousin of mine. Tell me, why were the three of you running from the police?” Mama GooGoo asks. “Here thing, old woman. Dun Dun and friends steal old bald man credit card, and use it to go to five star hotel in Haven’s New City. Old bald man call, he in jail, but Dun Dun and friends no care, so we ignore call, and he get beat up. Oh well. After old bald man go bye bye, ugly beast try to attack poor Dun Dun, and steal credit card she stole, but Lightcap come and kill it.” Dun Dun says. “I didn’t kill it!” Lightcap protests. “Quiet! After Lightcap murder beast in hot blood, pizza man come, and tell Dun Dun that she win free pizza. Yeller try to tell truth and say we no win, but Dun Dun shut him up because she hungry and she like pizza. After pizza people leave, bad Cop come, and yell at Dun Dun and Yeller for causing bad beasts to beat up Haven’s New City. Cop try to arrest Dun Dun and friends, but lucky, he get poisoned, and Dun Dun and friends make break for it. They run, run, run, and then Mama GooGoo help escape.” Dun Dun tells her. “That’s not entirely how it happened. Cop showed up, accused us of something we didn’t do, he got sick with the chicken pox, we ran because ain’t nobody got time to go to jail for something they didn’t do, and then, we ran into you.” Yeller says. “Well don’t you kids worry, I’m gonna make sure you are well taken care of!” Mama GooGoo says. “Thanks, Mama GooGoo! You seem like a really nice lady!” Lightcap says. “Aw, shucks! Thanks! And the three of you seem absolutely delicious, too!” Mama GooGoo says.

Lauren and Claire are walking through the streets of New Haven, which is completely void of any citizens. “Why are we out here looking for a hybrid? We can do that later! We should be looking for The Master!” Lauren notes. “Curing a hybrid might actually help us find The Master. One of them might know where he is hiding.” Claire notes. “We can’t get a cure until we get a hybrid’s blood.” Lauren points out. “Which is exactly why we need to find a hybrid!” Claire tells her. They hear loud grunting coming from nearby. “Bingo.” Lauren says, as they realize a hybrid is nearby.
On a nearby rooftop, Agent Klein is watching the hybrid, while on the phone with his boss. “The hybrids are destroying New Haven, we need to find The Master before anymore damage can be done!” Klein tells her. Klein notices Lauren and Claire approaching the hybrid. “Ma’am, two civilians are currently approaching the hybrid I’m watching.” Klein tells her.
Lauren whistles to the hybrid, in order to get its attention. The hybrid turns towards Lauren, and from behind, Claire uses her powers to throw a dumpster at the hybrid! The hybrid is hit, and knocked out as a result! It drops to the ground, and Lauren runs over to it. Lauren then takes a sample of the hybrid’s blood. “This should do the trick.” Lauren says.
Klein notices Lauren taking the blood sample. “It looks like one of the civilians just took a blood sample from the hybrid.” Klein says. Klein takes a picture of both Lauren and Claire, individually. He then puts both pictures through a facial recognition program. “Okay, I have names. The short one is named Lauren Bates, A.K.A, Maxine Smarts. She use to be an operative for us, before being given a new face, a new name, and a new life. The other woman’s name is Claire, she’s a wannabe super heroine whose father was an evil alien overlord, up until she destroyed him in a fight to save the planet, impressive. Regarding Smarts or Bates or whatever she is calling herself, her file states that she just recently broke into our agency’s outpost that is located right outside of New Haven. I think its possible she may know the truth about FUSION’s origins, which is something that neither of us want getting out.” Klein tells his boss.

Dylan, Andy, Tat, and Puppy are sitting around a table, playing cards. “This game is garbage.” Dylan says. “Or perhaps you just don’t know how to play right.” Andy suggests. “I wouldn’t brag if I were you, Tat is beating you, too.” Dylan notes. Suddenly, there is a knock at the door. Dylan’s gun emerges from his watch. “Lets tone down the theatrics. Lauren said that her friend from the WPA was on his way here, remember?” Andy asks. “You can never be too careful. I’ll get the door.” Dylan says. Dylan opens the front door, and his eyes widen when he sees who is standing there. “Is it Lauren’s friend?” Andy asks. “See for yourself.” Dylan tells him. Dylan steps aside, and Yo Mama is revealed to be standing in the doorway! “Holy moly! Dylan Dog and Andy Dog? Now those are two faces I wasn’t expecting to see!” Yo Mama says. “Actually, we go by just Dylan and Andy now, but I have to say...I was not expecting to see you either, Yo Mama!” Andy says!

On the rooftop, Klein is still on the phone with his boss. “Maybe I should take Lauren out. She might know too much about FUSION.” Klein notes. Back on the ground, Lauren puts the blood sample into her pocket. “We should take this back to the base.” Lauren says. “Agreed. Lets hurry before anymore hybrids show up.” Claire says. As they are walking away, a sniper scope can be seen focused on Lauren. A shot rings out, and a quick thinking Claire shoves Lauren out of the way! Klein notices the shooter on a nearby rooftop, and fires a shot at them! The shooter then drops, after Klein’s bullet manages to hit them. Meanwhile, Claire drops to the ground, and Lauren rushes to her side. “Hold still, you’re gonna be fine, I promise.” Lauren assures her. Lauren moves Claire’s hair out of the way, and notices a dart sticking out of her neck. “Oh my god...” Lauren says. “What?” Claire asks. “There’s a dart in your neck. Claire...I think you were injected with FUSION.” Lauren reveals!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down