QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 03: Finding Doctor Andropov

Go down

Chapter 03: Finding Doctor Andropov Empty Chapter 03: Finding Doctor Andropov

Post by QG Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:46 pm

SCRIPT BY: qg2004

At City Hall, Mayor Darwin Ramsey is giving a press conference. “I-I know that you all must be scared, but I assure you, we WILL survive this horror show! I will not allow New Haven to fall, at the hands of some maniac! It is my duty to protect this city from harm, and I absolutely intend to do just that! As for the perpetrator, I’m assuming you are watching. I imagine that you are doing this for a reason, so I urge you to contact me. Please, just name your price! I will pay you, GIVE you whatever you want in exchange for the return of my city’s safety!” Ramsey says.

At his hideout, The Master and his right hand man, Dagger, are watching the broadcast. “Hey, that isn’t a half bad deal, if you really think about it.” Dagger says. “Mmm, but I don’t plan on accepting it. Money isn’t my objective, having a group of monstrous henchmen wreaking havoc on my orders is. So far, my plan is going accordingly, and accepting any kind of a deal from the mayor or anyone else for that matter would only slow me down. Soon, New Haven will burn, as will the rest of the world, including the most recurring thorns in my side.” The Master says, while looking at a photo of Dylan…

Meanwhile, Agent Klein of the WPA has arrived in New Haven, and contacts his boss. “I’m in New Haven, ma’am. I’m making inquiries, trying to find out where The Master is hiding, but so far, no luck...don’t worry, we’ll find him.” Klein says.

At their hotel room, Andy lays out a floor plan of the abandoned clinic they think Andropov is hiding in. “The front entrance seems to have been sealed off, after the building closed down. But, there is an air vent right above the front door that leads into the main corridor. There’s a lab located inside the clinic, my guess is that is the room we’ll find Andropov in, given his desire to continuously create formulas of chaos.” Andy says. “Do you think we’ll need to worry about any henchmen getting in our way?” Claire asks. “Andropov has never been one for hired help, but if he’s working for The Master, The Master may have hired him security detail to keep him well guarded. Regardless, we’re gonna have to get to Andropov no matter how well protected he is.” Dylan says. “I completely agree. Andropov could be the key to bringing The Master down.” Andy notes. “Okay, well, before we go, I’d like to give you guys your hourly reminder that we don’t actually know for sure that Andropov and The Master are in cahoots.” Claire reminds them. “Normally, I would agree. But, I don’t think its a coincidence that both The Master and Andropov are in New Haven at the same time. They must be working together on something, most likely related to this mysterious outbreak.” Andy states.

At the WPA outpost, with the alarms still sounding, Tat is hiding in a broom closet, as gunshots can be heard coming from the outside. A few moments later, the door to the closet begins to open. “Please, PLEASE! DON’T KILL ME! I’M NOT A THREAT TO YOU, I SWEAR!” Tat cries, without opening her eyes. “Chill, you can come out now.” A familiar voice says. Tat opens her eyes, and sees Lauren hovering over her. “Thank goodness its you!” Tat says. Tat stands up, and rushes out into the corridor. When she comes out, she sees a line of injured WPA agents, all lying on the floor. “I cleared us a path.” Lauren states. “I’d say!” Tat says. “We need to hurry up and get out of here.” Lauren says. Lauren grabs Tat’s hand, and the two begin to run down the corridor.

Yeller opens the door to his hotel room, and finds two “pizza delivery people” standing outside, in the hall. “Hello! You’ve won a contest, and been awarded with a free pizza!” The one with the deep voice says. “I didn’t enter no contest.” Yeller says. Dun Dun comes out of the hotel room, and pushes Yeller to the ground. “Yes he did! He just no remember!” Dun Dun lies. “Great, here you go! Enjoy!” The lighter voiced pizza delivery person says, before they hand the pizza to Dun Dun, and run off. Once they run around the corner, the pizza delivery people tear off their disguises, and are revealed to be the ninjas, Diamond and Pearl! “That plan really was genius! Can you repeat it for the audience to hear, Diamond?” Pearl asks. “Audience? Oh yes, of course! The dastardly fellows we are, we poisoned the pizza we delivered to Yeller and Dun Dun, and convinced them to accept it by posing as pizza delivery people! Then, once they digest the pizza, they will catch the chicken pox! Hold the applause, I realize we’re geniuses.” Diamond says. “The best part is that they had no idea anything was off! What saps!” Pearl says. “They are pretty stupid!” Diamond agrees. Diamond and Pearl then begin to laugh.

Back in the hotel room, Yeller, Dun Dun, and Lightcap are about to eat the pizza, when Cop breaks down the door, and tackles Yeller to the floor. “What have you done now, you maniac?!” Cop angrily asks. “What are you babbling about now?! What are you even doing here?!” Yeller asks. Cop ignores the last question. “I know what you did! You are involved in the FUSION outbreak!” Cop accuses him. “That The Master guy confessed on live television! Don’t you watch any TV?!” Yeller asks. “Nice attempt at throwing me off, but I know the truth! You’re in cahoots with him! The New Haven P.D brought me in to help keep this situation under control, and that is exactly what I’m doing, by arresting one of the sickos responsible!” Cop says. Yeller looks at Dun Dun and Lightcap. “Will ONE of you two help me?!” Yeller asks. Dun Dun wipes away tears. “Dun Dun thought she knew Yeller! She had no idea he so evil! How-how could Dun Dun be so wrong?” Dun Dun asks. Dun Dun turns towards Lightcap. “Do you think that act will get Dun Dun her own TV special?” Dun Dun asks. “I don’t know. The press is gonna be more interested in the person behind the crimes. But, since you knew Yeller, you might get an interview in his TV special!” Lightcap notes. “That no good enough! Dun Dun a star and the world need to know!!!” Dun Dun yells. As Cop is handcuffing Yeller, he notices the pizza Diamond and Pearl delivered. “Since you’re going down town, you won’t be needing this.” Cop says. Cop takes a slice of pizza, and eats it. “Mmm, good pizza!” Cop says.

After arriving outside, Dylan, Andy, Claire, and Puppy are all viewing the abandoned clinic from their car. “I don’t see any sign of armed guards.” Andy notes. Puppy can be heard panting in the backseat. “Why on earth did we bring him with us?! He hasn’t shut up since we got in the car!” Dylan complains. “Its not safe for Puppy to be alone!” Claire argues. “And how exactly is it safe for Puppy to be infiltrating the clinic of a known maniac?” Dylan asks. “As long as Puppy stays with us, he should be safe. But enough about Puppy, are we all clear on our objective?” Andy asks. “Yes, we’re clear. We find out what the heck FUSION is, and then, we find out how to reverse the effects.” Claire repeats. “I just hope we can be quick. The longer we take, the more people that will become infected.” Andy notes.

Meanwhile, Lauren is speeding through the streets of New Haven, with Tat hanging on for dear life in the passenger seat. “You just ran a red light!” Tat protests. “The city has been evacuated, its not like we’re gonna crash into anybody else.” Lauren says. “By the way, I keep forgetting to ask you, where did you get such a nice car?” Tat asks. “I stole it.” Lauren confesses. “What?! We aren’t in Sam’s virtual world anymore, you can’t just go around, stealing cars!” Tat yells. “I’m trying to stop a man made alien virus, I didn’t have time to rent a car...ugh, I can’t focus with this stupid radio going.” Lauren says, before turning the radio off. “I was listening to that!” Tat tells her. “You have headphones, listen to music on your phone.” Lauren orders. “I prefer the car radio.” Tat says, as she turns it back on. Lauren turns it back off. “For the last time, I can’t focus with that stupid thing on!” Lauren argues. “You’ll get over it!” Tat claims, before turning the radio back on.

In a dark corridor, a vent cover falls onto the floor, and Dylan, Claire, Andy, and Puppy jump out of an air vent, with Puppy landing on Andy! “Ouch!” Andy cries. “Told you it was a bad idea to bring the dog.” Dylan says. Claire absorbs her surroundings. “Still no sign of any guards.” Claire notes. “I don’t believe for one moment that The Master would leave Andropov unguarded, when he is potentially in possession of some extremely sensitive information.” Andy says. “The Master could’ve killed Andropov, to keep him from talking to anyone.” Dylan notes. “That’s assuming that Andropov has outlived his usefulness, which we don’t know for certain.” Andy says. In another part of the compound, a mystery figure is watching the four heroes via a computer monitor. “I was wondering when you would arrive...such a pity that you will be a guest here much longer than anticipated.” The mystery figure says, before pressing a button. A moment later, the corridor that the heroes are in becomes filled with enemy robots! “This is just a hunch, but I think Andropov might know we’re here.” Dylan says, upon seeing the robots. “Thanks for the newsflash, I never would’ve guessed!” Claire sarcastically remarks. “I’ll take care of this.” Dylan says, as he springs into action. Claire sighs. “He’s SO gonna die. I might as well try to help.” Claire says, before following him into the fight. As Dylan is running at the robots, one of them fires a laser beam at him! Dylan slides under the beam, and narrowly avoids being hit. The robot that attacked him is lifted up into the air by an unknown force, and then thrown into another robot, destroying both of them! Dylan notices that Claire was responsible. “I was just getting warmed up!” Dylan claims. “Oh yeah? Maybe think about doing that BEFORE you rush into a fight next time. By the way, there is one right behind you.” Claire says. Dylan spins his head around, and sees that there is nothing there. “Kidding.” Claire says. “Claire, LOOK OUT!” Dylan yells. “Seriously? You couldn’t have waited FIVE seconds to reuse my prank? At least try to be a little more-” Claire stops talking, when she hears Puppy tackle a robot into the wall, which was right behind her! “I tried to warn you.” Dylan notes. “Two more, Dylan, behind you!” Andy yells. Dylan turns around, and kicks one of the robots into the last remaining robot, causing them both to self destruct! “I think that’s all of them.” Dylan says. “Excellent. Lets proceed, then.” Andy says. The four proceed down the corridor, with Andy looking at a map of the building via his eye glass. Andy then stops, and turns towards a door. “The lab is through this door.” Andy says. Dylan ejects his gun from his watch, and kicks open the door!
Dylan, followed by Claire, Andy, and Puppy, enter the room, where Andropov is standing. Andropov turns towards them, and an evil grin crosses his face. “I’ve been expecting you all. I see you managed to make it past my robots, which comes as no surprise to me. You’ve proven time after time that you are resilient.” Andropov says. Dylan walks over to Andropov, and pins him up against the wall! “I want answers!” Dylan growls. Andropov chuckles. “Though you may be resilient, you continue to be clueless, per usual. I shouldn’t be surprised, you never were able to keep up with me, Detective.” Andropov taunts. Dylan points the gun from his watch at Andropov’s head, as a means to intimidate him. “Dylan, maybe you should try to take it down a notch.” Andy urges. “Yeah, the guy’s no use to us if his brains are splattered all over the wall.” Claire says. “Lovely visual.” Andy sarcastically says. Dylan ignores them. “Tell me about the creatures The Master has let loose, and how you are involved in all of this!” Dylan orders. “All of these creatures, as you referred to them, were once human, and became these monstrous beasts after being injected by a substance known as FUSION.” Andropov reveals. “We know all about that. Did you create FUSION on The Master’s behalf?” Andy asks. “As much as I would love to take credit for this genius, I cannot. The Master obtained FUSION via another party, and I have no idea who this other party is.” Andropov confesses. “If you didn’t create FUSION, then what’s your role in the plan?” Claire says. “Who said I have a role?” Andropov asks. “I did! Now tell the truth!” Claire demands. “Or suffer the consequences.” Dylan adds. Andropov sighs. “There is a problem with the substance, which leaves its recipients rabid, unable to maintain control over their own actions. Therefore, The Master needed a solution to stop that from happening, something to give him control over the beasts! On The Master’s behalf, I developed a special collar that is able to control the mind of whoever wears it, no matter how rabid they may be. As such, any of the creatures wearing that collar are under The Master’s control. He also needed someone to replicate FUSION, as he didn’t obtain nearly enough from this other party to put his plan into action.” Andropov reveals. “Do you know of a way to reverse the effects of FUSION?” Andy asks. “Why would you have reason to suspect that I would know anything about that?” Andropov asks. “Because of your obsession knowledge, and being the smartest man alive! Not only would you want to know how to create FUSION, but you would also want to know how to reverse its effects.” Andy says. “Tell us what you know, or I’ll make sure you die for good, this time.” Dylan threatens. “Despite my best efforts, I wasn’t able to figure out how to recreate FUSION, as there seems to be a key ingredient that is missing. However, I have deduced how to cure it. In order to do so, you would need to obtain a sample of a FUSION infected person’s blood. Once you have it, you isolate the FUSION sample from their blood, and you reverse engineer it. That should produce a cure.” Andropov reveals. “If you’re lying, we’ll find out, and that time we blew up your lab will look painless compared to what I’ll do this time.” Dylan warns. Dylan then throws Andropov to the floor! Dylan turns towards Andy, Claire, and Puppy. “Now that that’s settled, we should try and find one of those FUSION things, so we can get a blood sample.” Dylan notes. “We’ll need a device that can take blood samples, first. I can get one fairly fast, but in the meantime, we’ll need to wait.” Andy says. While the four are distracted, Andropov quietly gets back up, and pulls a syringe out of his lab coat. Andropov then begins running towards Dylan, prepared to inject him! Before Andropov can reach Dylan, a shot rings out, and Andropov drops to the floor! Dylan, Claire, Andy, and Puppy turn towards the door, and see Lauren and Tat standing there, Lauren holding a smoking gun! “Looks like I got here just in time.” Lauren says. “How did you know we were going to be here?” Claire asks. “You wanted Andropov’s location, remember? I figured that’s where you’d be heading.” Lauren says. “Tat, what are you doing here?” Andy asks. “Lauren found me when I was being attacked by one of those hybrids. I’ve been with her ever since.” Tat says. Dylan turns towards Lauren. “Do you know anything about what’s going on here?” Dylan asks. “The military created FUSION.” Lauren reveals. “You’re kidding.” Dylan says. “Nope. It was created using alien blood, and once it is injected into a person, they become an alien-human hybrid. After the military created it, they handed it over to the WPA, so that they could use it on their operatives, and iron out any kinks in the formula. Only problem is, while the WPA were trying to do that, The Master stole FUSION from them.” Lauren says. “Which means that the WPA is the other party Andropov was referring to.” Andy concludes. “Now that I know where The Master got FUSION from, I’m gonna hunt him down, and stop him.” Lauren states. “Before we do that, we should work on getting the antidote. Before you busted in here and killed Andropov, he told us how to create the antidote, and how to cure the FUSION infected population.” Andy reveals. “Are you able to create the antidote?” Tat asks. “Once I have the necessary device, I can obtain a sample of a FUSION hybrid’s blood, but we’ll need to bring someone else in to develop the actual antidote.” Andy says. “That sounds promising.” Tat says. “Regardless, I’d still rather be hunting for The Master.” Lauren says. Claire approaches Lauren. “Now that we’ve gotten all of the boring recaps out of the way, aren’t you gonna say hi?” Claire asks. “No.” Lauren responds. “Why not?” Claire asks. “Because we both know when you ask me to say hi, you expect a kiss, and I don’t mix business with pleasure.” Lauren says. Claire rolls her eyes. “Anyway...back on topic. Since we are all trying to put a stop to this outbreak, and bring The Master down, maybe it would be more beneficial if we were to work together.” Andy suggests. “No thanks, I don’t work well with others.” Lauren says. “Oh come on! If you team up with us, it means you get to spend more time with me!” Claire notes. “What part of I don’t mix business with pleasure don’t you get?” Lauren asks. “I can be strictly business!” Claire claims. Lauren gives her a look. “Or at least I can try to.” Claire says. “Fine, but only because it benefits the cause.” Lauren says. “I knew you wouldn’t be able to say no to me.” Claire says. Lauren rolls her eyes. “Now that that’s out of the way, you guys need to follow me. I have a hideout I’ve been using since coming to New Haven. Its pretty secluded, and no one has managed to find it so far.” Lauren says.
The six start to leave, but when they do, iron bars appear out of nowhere, and block the exit! Andropov’s computer monitors light up, and The Master’s face materializes. “Hello everyone, my apologies for the iron bars, but I was in dire need of a captive audience.” The Master says. “Captivity jokes. Ha ha. I’m in stitches.” Lauren dryly says. “Well done, by the way, on managing to get the information you desired out of Doctor Andropov, and of course, for disposing of him. It saved me the trouble of having to do so. He was a dedicated employee, but if there is one thing I will never tolerate, it is disloyalty.” The Master says. “Let us out. A few iron bars are just going to slow us down, not stop us.” Dylan notes. The Master laughs. “The iron bars are the least of your concerns. I have something much more dangerous in mind for you. Before I send you all to meet your maker, I would like you to meet your murderer.” The Master says. All of a sudden, the elevator connected to the room can be heard moving. “Someone is coming.” Andy notes. “I have a bad feeling about this.” Tat says. The elevator finally reaches the floor they are on, and the doors to the elevator begin to slowly open. Once the doors open all of the way, ManShark runs out of the elevator, and begins charging at the heroes!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down