QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protector of Argi Episode 08: Memories

Go down

Protector of Argi Episode 08: Memories Empty Protector of Argi Episode 08: Memories

Post by QG Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:08 pm

*Abner and Justine are sitting at the kitchen table. "You haven't touched your dinner." Justine says. "Thanks for pointing out the obvious, sis." Abner says. "You always eat your dinner. Most importantly, this is your favorite dish. What's wrong?" Justine asks. "I'm still thinking about Montgomery, and wondering how I could just let him die like that." Abner says. "You didn't let him die. You were defending Aleta." Justine says. "While I was dangling from that ledge, I could've grabbed Montgomery's hand while he was falling...but I didn't. I wanted him to die." Abner says. "If you wanted him to die, I doubt you would be feeling as guilty as you are." Justine says. "You don't get it. When I was fighting Montgomery, the intent was to kill him, and I don't know why. This isn't the first time I've felt those intense emotions either. I felt the same way when I killed that bully. I don't think you've noticed, but I have a dark side. I am able to keep it contained most of the time. But sometimes, I lose control of myself and I do things that I wouldn't normally do. Specifically, murder someone." Abner says. "Abner, listen to me. I have known you since the day you were born, I have seen you go through all of your ups and downs, and I can assure you, the good in you definitely outweighs the bad." Justine says. "I'm not so sure about that." Abner says. "Okay, then I guess I'll just have to prove it to you." Justine says. "You don't have to do that." Abner says. "Actually, I do have to, Ab. I am your big sister, and it is my job to try to help pick you up when you're down. But I cant do all of the heavy lifting. You need to try to pick yourself up to. So I'll tell you what we're going to do, I'll review to you all of the times that you have shown me that you were a decent human being, and then I'll let you decide if you're a awful human being or not." Justine says. "I'm not sure what good this'll do, but okay." Abner says. "Great! Lets go back a long time ago, Montgomery was four years old, you were six, Montgomery was bitten by a venomous snake while the two of you were together. Despite the fact that you two barely got along, you stuck by his side and you attempted to suck the poison out until help had arrived. Do you remember that?" Justine asks. "Yeah, I remember. I couldn't let my own brother die, unlike today." Abner says. "Do you also remember when Mom got the flue and was sick in bed for three days? You stayed by her side for those three days and took care of her." Justine says. "I couldn't just leave Mom." Abner says. "Right, because you are a good person. Do you also remember when I broke my leg and I could barely get around the house? You took care of me." Justine says. "So I did a few good things, big deal." Abner says. "Its a big deal to me! And those good deeds are just the tip of the ice berg! You have done so much more good than what I just mentioned." Justine says. "I still killed my brother." Abner says. "That is the negative side of looking at things. You need to think positively! If you hadn't of killed Montgomery, he would've killed Aleta. You saved her! So please stop wallowing in self pity and try to rise above this like I know you can!" Justine says. Abner smiles at her. "Thanks Justine, you really helped. And your right, I need to move on." Abner says. "That's the brother I know." Justine says. She hugs him. Outside, someone is watching through the window!

To be continued...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down