QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protector of Argi Episode 05: Return of the Prodigal Son Part 1

Go down

Protector of Argi Episode 05: Return of the Prodigal Son Part 1 Empty Protector of Argi Episode 05: Return of the Prodigal Son Part 1

Post by QG Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 pm

*"Its you." Abner says. "Hello Justine, Abner, its been quite some time, hasn't it?" The young man asks. "How is this even possible?" Justine asks. "You've known me long enough to know that with me, anything is possible." The young man says. "I'm sorry if I'm a little behind, but, who is this?" Aleta asks. "You never mentioned me to your girlfriend, Abner? I'm hurt." The young man says. "This is Montgomery...my little brother." Abner says. Justine walks over and hugs Montgomery. "I'm so glad that you're back!" Justine says. "Me too. Aren't you going to welcome me home big brother?" Montgomery asks. Abner doesn't say anything. "I didn't think you would, since you were the reason I left in the first place, and not by choice!" Montgomery says. "You were the one who committed a crime, that's why you were tossed in the Nukpana dimension." Abner says. "A crime that you played a part in! You let me take the fall, I ended up getting sent to Nukpana, which is a fate worse than death. Do you have any idea what its like in there? There is a limited amount of food and water, and if you want some, then you have to fight the others to the death to get it. I should rephrase that, it isn't really a fight to the death because when you die, you just respawn! There is no escape!" Montgomery yells. "Well apparently there is, otherwise you wouldn't be darkening our doorstep right now." Abner says. "How did you get out?" Justine asks. "I found a small hole in the system and I was able to break free. I know what you're going to say Justine, escaping only made things worse for myself, you probably think I should've stayed and served my time, eternity in that nightmare. But if you were sent there, you would've wanted to escape to. And besides, who's going to look for me? Its not like anyone bothers to check on you in there! Once you are sent to Nukpana, you're on your own for the rest of eternity." Montgomery says. "I'm sorry to hear that." Justine says. "Are you? If you truly were sorry, then you would've tried to convince Abner to fess up!" Montgomery says. "It wouldn't have changed anything, you would still be in Nukpana for the rest of eternity, the only difference is Abner would be there with you." Justine says. "Would that be such a bad thing? Abner was just as guilty as I was!" Montgomery yells. "At least I felt remorse, you couldn't even do that you cold hearted psycho!" Abner says. "Abner, maybe that isn't the best way to approach our brother." Justine says. "Its quite alright, Justine. Abner is acting this way because he was hoping he would never have to lay eyes on me again, he was hoping that all of this would remain in the past. Its a pity that our brother doesn't realize that it is impossible to erase his past." Montgomery says. "Abner, what is he talking about?" Aleta asks. "Never mind him, lets go back to your place." Abner says. "Just like old times, eh Abner? You're the same coward you were when I left." Montgomery says. Abner punches Montgomery! Montgomery begins to laugh. "How's that for a coward?" Abner asks. "Not bad, but after spending the last four years in the Nukpana dimension, I've had to endure MUCH worse." Montgomery says. "Listen Montgomery, even though he doesn't show it, it is killing Abner that he let you take the fall." Justine says. "I didn't let him take the fall! Montgomery was just as responsible." Abner says. "Right! We both shared equal responsibility! So why is it that I had to endure nothing but torture the last four years while you went on living your life?!" Montgomery angrily asks. "I'm sorry I didn't come forward that day, I regret it all of the time, but it wouldn't have changed anything. You would still be in Nukpana." Abner says. "That's right, but at least I wouldn't of had to go on knowing that my brother, the one who was in on the plan, got to go on living his life while mine had more or less ended! You ruined me Abner, and now, I'm back for revenge." Montgomery says. "Get out." Abner says. Montgomery looks at Justine. "I think it would be a good idea for you to leave, for now. It would give everyone a chance to cool off." Justine says. "Very well, but just know that this isn't over. Abner, you stood and watched quietly as my life had ended when I was thrown into the portal. Rest assured that karma is going to strike you down with a vengeance." Montgomery says before leaving. "I cant believe that our sociopathic brother is back, and he's even crazier than ever." Abner says. "Lets not jump to conclusions, Montgomery just needs time to calm down." Justine says. "You can give him all of the time in the world, but he isn't going to calm down. You don't spend four years in a place like that and come out a new man. There are scars, and those scars turn you into an even bigger monster than you were before." Abner says. "Will someone tell me what I'm missing? What happened between you and Montgomery?" Aleta asks. "Its better you don't know." Abner says. "Abner, our brother is back, she is going to find out eventually." Justine says. "This is a waste of time. Its clear to me that Abner is never going to open up about his life before I met him, so I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to get him to. I want a relationship where my partner is going to be truthful with me, not keeping a whole bunch of lies because he doesn't think I can handle them. Goodbye, Abner." Aleta says before leaving. "I should go after her." Abner says. "Give her time." Justine says. "You keep saying that. Give Montgomery time, give Aleta time, its not going to work." Abner says. "Well if you plan on going to see her, then you best plan on filling her in on the history between you and our brother. Otherwise, you'll be wasting your time." Justine says.

*Montgomery is at home sitting at the kitchen table. Abner's words play through his head. "I felt remorse, you couldn't even do that you cold hearted psycho! Cold hearted psycho...cold hearted psycho...cold hearted psycho." As those words continue to play in Montgomery's head, Montgomery picks up his tea cup and throws it across the room. He lets out an angry scream. "I spent four years in that pit because of you and I'M the psycho?! I WILL OBLITERATE YOU ABNER, JUST YOU WAIT!" Montgomery angrily yells.

To be continued...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down