QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biological Warfare: Episode 04

Go down

Biological Warfare: Episode 04 Empty Biological Warfare: Episode 04

Post by QG Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:46 pm

In Stefan’s castle, Ciara and Brady are creeping down a corridor, both their guns drawn. “This place is like a ghost town. No Kristina, no guards, no Stefan…” Brady comments. “There’s also no signs of any of the agents I had stationed on the island, which means Stefan either killed them, or they were working for him the whole time.” Ciara assumes. A guard comes around the corner, reaches for his gun, but Ciara shoots him before he can draw it! Ciara rushes to the injured guard, and takes his gun away from him. Ciara then grabs the guard by his collar. “Where’s your boss?!” Ciara asks. The guard smiles. “He’s not here, you wasted a trip.” The guard says. “Where’d he go? Did he have a blonde woman with him?” Brady asks. “Oh, you mean the princess. That’s none of your business.” The guard tells him. “That princess is my wife, it absolutely is my business!” Brady snaps. “She won’t be your wife for long. The count has great plans for her, and once he executes those plans, the two of them will rule over the Cat monarchy, and Fantastic City.” The guard says. “No, Kristina would never help a lunatic like Stefan.” Brady notes. “Kristina won’’t have a choice.” The guard claims. Brady kneels down next to him, and punches him out! “What if Kristina isn’t here? What if Stefan took off with her?” Brady asks. “Don’t give up hope. If Stefan is going to change Kristina somehow, he’ll need Andropov’s help, and Andropov’s lab is right here in this castle somewhere, according to Kristina. We just need to find it.” Ciara says. “My guess is we ain’t gonna find the lab on the first or second floor, that isn’t how super villains do things.” Brady says. “Agreed. We need to find a way into the basement.” Ciara says. “We must be close already. We haven’t seen a single guard since we got on this island, and suddenly one pops up outta nowhere. My guess is Stefan told his goons to keep the basement under lock and key, while Andropov does whatever the hell he is planning to Kristina.” Brady says. “If that’s the case, we don’t have much time.” Ciara says. “Agreed. Lets go.” Brady says. Brady and Ciara run down the corridor…

In Andropov’s lab, Andropov activates a machine that is connected to Kristina’s headset. Suddenly, a voice begins to play in her head. “The Dogs have you believing that the Cats are the villains, the deviants in this story...but they lied to you.” The voice says. Kristina flashes to a past event.

Dylan and Joe are wrestling over a gun on top of a cliff, when both of them fall off the ledge! Both Dylan and Joe manage to grab onto a rock on their way down. The next shot shows Joe losing his grip, and falling into the waters below, to his supposed death.

“For decades, even before Dylan Dog arrived in Fantastic, the Dogs antagonized the Cats. They hurt their people, their economy, their leaders…” The voice tells Kristina. Kristina flashes to another event.

Andy tackles Donghua up against the wall, and the two begin to fight over the gun again. A shot rings out, and both Andy and Donghua freeze. Andy leans in next to Donghua's ear. "Your good, but I'm MUCH better!" Andy whispers. Andy pushes himself away from Donghua, and Donghua drops the gun. Donghua then begins to slide down the wall, leaving a blood stain.

The scene cuts to V.J and Dylan Cat facing off on the rooftop of Serena’s apartment building, with V.J pointing his gun at Dylan Cat. “You can either surrender yourself quietly and peacefully, or I blow your freaking head off. Its your call, man." V.J. says. "I vote for neither." Dylan Cat says. "There is no way out, Dylan Cat." V.J. says. Dylan Cat laughs. "There is always a way out, Detective." Dylan Cat says. Dylan Cat steps closer to the edge. "What are you doing?" V.J. asks. Dylan Cat takes a deep breath. "You best take good care of my son, because if you don't, I'm confident you will be duly punished one day." Dylan Cat says. "Your not making any sense here Dylan Cat, what are you talking about?" V.J. asks. Dylan Cat closes his eyes, and smiles, before allowing himself to fall backwards, right off of the roof!

Back in the present...“So many members of the Cat monarchy lost their lives to the residents of that city, and so many members of the Cat monarchy lost their lives for simply being in that city.” The voice tells Kristina, before she has another flash.

V.J. is walking through when he hears a noise from nearby. He goes to a secluded area of the park and finds a dead Kitty Cat with a syringe sticking out of her neck!

On a footbridge, Joe and Katie Cat struggle over a gun. "I will NOT let you win! You have caused enough damage, and I'm not going to take it anymore! NOT ANYMORE!" Katie Cat screams. Joe grins. "You wont have to." Joe says. A gunshot rings out, and Joe and Katie Cat stop struggling. Katie Cat backs away, and is revealed to have been shot! "Oops, sorry, trigger finger." Joe says. Katie Cat struggles to stand up. "Watch your step, my dear, we wouldn't want you to-" Before Joe finishes, he pushes Katie Cat back, and she falls over the railing of the bridge! "Fall." Joe finishes. Joe looks over the railing, and starts to laugh when he sees that Katie Cat fell into the river below!

Kristina can be seen to be increasingly unsettled, as she has another flash.

Kristina's breathing starts to get faster, and Brady holds her hand tighter. "Brady...I'm-I'm scared." Kristina says. "Don't be. You don't have anything to be afraid of. Everything is gonna be alright." Brady says. "I...I love you, Brady Earl Goo. More than anyone I've ever met, I love you with all my heart and soul." Kristina says. "I love you, too, Katerina Lila "Kristina" Cat-Goo. And I promise, I will never forget you, and I will never stop loving you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and it is gonna stay that way until the day I die." Brady says. Kristina leans forward, and kisses Brady. The two of them continue to kiss, until Kristina stops. Kristina falls back to the bed, her eyes now closed.

“Because you lived in that city, you lost four precious years of your life, years you will never get back. They are not your friends, Katerina. The time has come for you to realize that, and for you to align yourself with your people and bring about change. It is time for Fantastic City to fall.” The voice says, as a distressed Kristina squirms…

In Prague, Lysandros pulls Wishbone out of the bathroom, as Jackie and Sonia look on. Lysandros quickly pulls his gun on Wishbone. “Look what I found lurking around.” Lysandros says. “Is the gun really necessary?” Sonia questions. “Its absolutely necessary.” Lysandros confirms. Jackie pulls out her gun, and points it at Wishbone. “How’d you know I was here?” Wishbone questions. “I noticed two filled wine glasses, which meant Sonia here was or was going to be entertaining company. It wasn’t too difficult to figure out who that company was.” Jackie says. Wishbone smirks. “Excellent observation, Agent Jennings.” Wishbone says. “You know who I am?” Jackie asks. “I do. You played a role in the ruin of Victor Fulton’s plans, when you and Peter Wilson arrested Brady Goo. You did us a favor, you know. Goo was too soft, it turns out.” Wishbone says. Wishbone turns towards Lysandros. “And of course I know all about the infamous Lysandros Masters. Your sister in law Madeline has told me everything there is to know about you.” Wishbone says. “If that’s true, then Madeline likely warned you what a bad idea it would be to cross me.” Lysandros says. “Don’t confuse my knowledge with fear, Masters. I’m not afraid of you nor your gun.” Wishbone says. “Well you should be, because I’m not afraid to use it. But as much as you deserve a bullet, I’m willing to let you live, provided you tell me everything I want to know.” Lysandros says. “You’re of course talking about the weapon.” Wishbone assumes. “Good, you’ve been listening. That will make this go by so much quicker. So, where is it?” Lysandros asks. Wishbone shrugs. “I don’t got the foggiest idea.” Wishbone claims. “We could just turn this whole apartment upside down and look for it. Its not like you could do much to stop us, since we’re holding the cards.” Jackie notes. Wishbone chuckles. “Just because you two are holding the guns don’t mean you’re holding the cards. I still have what you want, so I suppose that means I’m the one holding the cards.” Wishbone says. “We don’t necessarily need you to get what we came for, which puts you at a bit of a disadvantage.” Lysandros points out. “Lysandros, look out!” Jackie shouts. Before Lysandros can react, Sonia hits Lysandros over the head with a vase! Wishbone quickly grabs Lysandros’ gun and points it at Jackie. “You want to see who the quicker shot is?” Jackie asks. “I’m not gonna shoot you.” Wishbone says. Wishbone aims his gun at Lysandros. “I’m gonna shoot him. We can both agree you have a clear shot at me, but I could still pull the trigger as a reflex and gravely injure your friend here, and I don’t think you want that. So unless you want me to end his putrid life, you best lower your weapon.” Wishbone says. Jackie lowers her gun to the floor, and Wishbone immediately grabs her, and points his gun at her head. Finally, Lysandros stands up. “What were you saying about having the advantage? My how the tides have turned. Now that I have the advantage, you either play my game, or you get Agent Jennings killed. The choice is yours.” Wishbone tells Lysandros…

Back in San Francisco, as Andropov continues conditioning Kristina, a guard enters the lab. “Doctor Andropov, we have a problem. I just got word that two intruders have infiltrated the compound. My people are working to intercept them.” The guard tells Andropov. “I just need a little bit longer in order for the conditioning to take effect.” Andropov notes. “Is a little voice in her ear really enough to brainwash her?” The guard asks. “Its not just the voice! There are other factors in play! Waves are being sent through her brain, altering it and how it operates. The voice and images are merely there to reinforce the work of the technology!” Andropov says. Suddenly, Ciara kicks open the door! The guard draws his gun, but Ciara shoots him! Ciara then aims her gun at Andropov! “Get the hell away from my wife!” Brady demands!

Back in Prague, Lysandros is staring down Wishbone, who is still holding Jackie at gunpoint. “Who has the upper hand now, Masters?” Wishbone asks. “Lets cut the dramatics. I’m sure we can come to some sort of an agreement, one that doesn’t involve you harming Agent Jennings.” Lysandros says. “I know that we can.” Wishbone says, before pushing Jackie towards Lysandros! “You alright?” Lysandros questions. “Yeah, never better.” Jackie claims. “You seem like an intelligent young lady, so you should have no problem doing whatever is necessary to ensure your survival as well as Lysandros’.” Wishbone says. “There are limitations.” Jackie states. “If you want Lysandros to continue breathing, there won’t be.” Wishbone warns. Wishbone walks over to a drawer and opens it, reaches into it, and pulls out some rope. Wishbone then tosses the rope to Jackie. “Tie Lysandros to the left side of the bed, and you better do good work with those knots because I will be checking them.” Wishbone says. “What’s your game, Wishbone?” Lysandros questions. “You aren’t in any position to be asking questions, now go lie on the bed and let Agent Jennings complete her task! Go ahead! Move it!” Wishbone yells. Lysandros reluctantly walks over to the bed, and lies down on the left side. Jackie then ties his hands to the bed rail. “Sorry…” Jackie mumbles. “I thought you’d appreciate the opportunity to restrain me.” Lysandros says. “Not under these particular circumstances.” Jackie tells him. Jackie walks over to Wishbone. “Okay, its done.” Jackie says. Wishbone approaches Lysandros, without turning his back on Jackie, and checks the restraints. “Excellent job, Agent Jennings. Now go lie on the other side of the bed.” Wishbone demands. Jackie cautiously lies on the bed next to Lysandros. Wishbone turns towards Sonia. “Can I count on you to properly restrain her?” Wishbone asks. “Of course, darling.” Sonia says. Sonia pulls out some rope, and uses it to tie Jackie to the bed rail. “There, you both are much more tolerable now.” Wishbone says. “What exactly is your end game?” Lysandros questions. “You must have an idea, given I sent Josephine Dog to retrieve that biological weapon from the Cats.” Wishbone says. Jackie’s eyes widen. “Did you just say biological weapon?” Jackie questions. “I assumed you knew. The weapon consists of vials containing a weaponized, evolved, more deadly version of the Bubonic plague.” Wishbone reveals. “What poor souls do you plan on using that on?” Lysandros wonders. “I’m not gonna use it at all. The reason I arranged for its retrieval is because I have a client who is very interested in purchasing it.” Wishbone admits. Sonia’s eyes widen, and she turns towards Wishbone. “What?! You told me you were going to use the weapon as a fear tactic! You were going to blackmail Fantastic City into paying you a considerably large sum of money, and in exchange you wouldn’t use the weapon! You assured me it was very unlikely the weapon would ever be used!” Sonia points out. “Did I say that? I must have been mistaken.” Wishbone says. “I don’t get it. Who besides the Cats would be crazy enough to want a weapon like that?” Jackie asks. “I may have struck a lucrative deal with the North Korean government.” Wishbone admits. “Are you out of your mind?! The leader of North Korea is a maniac! If he gets his hands on that weapon, the results could be catastrophic!” Lysandros shouts. “Well that won’t be any of my concern, now will it?! Once the weapon changes hands and I get my money, what North Korea does with this weapon is their business!” Wishbone states. “I disagree!” Sonia speaks up. Wishbone slowly turns towards her. “What did you just say?” Wishbone asks. “You know that I have no problem eliminating someone who poses a threat to us or our operations, but what you are proposing is putting a weapon of mass destruction into the hands of someone who would quite obviously abuse such huge power! If we give this weapon to North Korea, we could end up being responsible for countless deaths.” Sonia points out. Wishbone shrugs. “Again, its not my problem. Do you disapprove of my plans, Sonia?” Wishbone questions. “You know that I do, otherwise you wouldn’t have kept me in the dark! I adore you, and I will always support you, but...I can’t help but feel as if this is taking things too far. Please, before you do anything drastic, just-just take a moment to think things through.” Sonia encourages. Wishbone nods, and begins caressing Sonia’s cheek. “I will.” Wishbone tells her. Wishbone leans in, and kisses Sonia. As they are kissing, a shot rings out! The two stop kissing, and it is revealed that Wishbone had his gun pointed directly at Sonia’s gut! Sonia drops to the floor. “SONIA!” Lysandros screams. Wishbone kneels down, and checks her pulse. “Don’t bother pleading, I’m afraid Sonia is no longer with us.” Wishbone reveals. “How could you do this?! You were supposed to love her!” Jackie yells. “She was supposed to love me, but she had no problem betraying me!” Wishbone snaps. “Sonia disagreed with you, she didn’t betray you!” Lysandros points out. “I couldn’t risk her disagreement evolving into betrayal. Its no big loss, really. It probably won’t take long to find someone to take her place. In fact, maybe I’ll give Acerbi a call.” Wishbone considers. “Acerbi would never give you the time of day again, because she knows what a sick individual you are! Besides, you’ll be in jail soon anyways. Someone from one of the neighboring apartments has probably already called the police and told them they heard gunshots.” Lysandros points out. “The people around here know better than to interfere with my business.” Wishbone says. “What are you going to do to us?” Jackie questions. “That’s an excellent question. I’ve got a dead body I need to get rid of, and two hostages. I only see one solution.” Wishbone says. Wishbone walks over to the dresser, reaches into a drawer, and pulls out a bomb! “I always keep at least one handy, for situations much like this one.” Wishbone says. “A bomb?! Don’t you think that’s a bit extreme?” Jackie asks. “Absolutely not. The bomb will hopefully destroy Sonia’s remains, and kill the two of you in the process. By the time anyone figures out who did this, I’ll be long gone.” Wishbone says. “To where? North Korea? If you think it’ll be as easy as bringing the weapon there and getting paid, you’re an idiot. The second you hand over that weapon, they will either kill you or imprison you!” Lysandros states. “You’re just saying that to discourage me.” Wishbone claims. “Oh for God’s sake! Don’t you get the news in your underground bunker? Everyone knows Kim Jong Un is a lunatic! Do you really think you can do business with that man and live to talk about it?” Jackie questions. “Regardless of how my meeting with Kim goes, that don’t change the fact that the two of you still need to die.” Wishbone points out. Wishbone kneels down next to Sonia’s body. “Rest well, my dear. Until we meet once again.” Wishbone says. Wishbone kisses Sonia on the forehead, and then places the bomb on her stomach and wraps her arms around it! Wishbone then clicks a button, and the timer on the bomb activates. Wishbone stands up, and turns towards Lysandros and Jackie. “The two of you got twenty minutes before you’re blown to smithereens.” Wishbone says. “What about the people in the other apartments?” Lysandros asks. “They better hope they’re out shopping when this bomb detonates. When the two of you die, please give my regards to Sonia.” Wishbone says, before leaving. Lysandros turns towards Jackie. “What are we supposed to do now?” Lysandros wonders. The camera pans down to a dead Sonia holding the bomb…

Back in San Francisco, Brady and Ciara are facing off with Andropov in his lab. “I said get away from her!” Brady yells at Andropov. Andropov steps away from Kristina, and Brady rushes to her side. In the meantime, Ciara keeps her gun trained on Andropov. “Its probably too late. Kristina has been undergoing the procedure for some time now, there is a very real chance that she has already been turned.” Andropov claims. “Shut your damn mouth!” Brady yells. Brady removes the headset from Kristina, and Kristina opens her eyes. “Brady?” A groggy Kristina asks. “Yeah, its me.” Brady says, before pulling Kristina into an embrace. Brady helps Kristina off of the gurney. “What the hell happened?” Brady asks. “Well, Stefan figured out that I was manipulating him, so he had his goons drag me down here so he could transform me into Princess Katerina Cat.” Kristina reveals. “Huh? You’re already Princess Katerina Cat.” Brady points out. “I mean someone who would be willing to lead the Cat empire in a fight against Fantastic City.” Kristina tells him. “So did it work? The brainwashing, I mean?” Brady asks. “Um, lets see...I don’t have some overwhelming desire to kill you, not more than usual that is.” Kristina jokes. Brady chuckles. “How is this possible?! You were undergoing the procedure long enough where your mind should have been influenced! How could you possibly be unaffected?” Andropov questions. “Maybe Kristina developed some kinda resistance to your mind tricks after you turned her into The Evil Force, she won’t be as easy to crack this time.” Brady says. “You lost, get over it.” Kristina tells Andropov. “Impossible! I never lose! I will never lose!” Andropov shouts. Ciara approaches Andropov. “I was pretty lenient with you when I gave you that immunity deal for removing The Evil Force’s essence from Dylan’s brain, but you won’t be so lucky this time. This time, I’m going to lock you up and I’m going to make sure you spend the rest of your life in prison.” Ciara tells him. “You are welcome to try, Director Goo, but I won’t go quietly!” Andropov says, before diving for Ciara’s gun! “Ciara!” Brady shouts, as a gunshot can be heard!

Back in Prague, as the bomb can be heard ticking, Jackie turns towards Lysandros. “Any ideas on how we’re gonna get out of this?” Jackie questions. “You’re asking me?! You are the WPA agent. You mean to tell me this is the first time you’ve been tied to a bed with a bomb ticking at the foot of it?” Lysandros asks. “No, but the last time I had a partner who didn’t just shrug when I asked how we are going to get out of this.” Jackie says. “I have an idea.” Lysandros says. “Well I’m all ears.” Jackie says. “We need to get out of these ropes, for starters.” Lysandros says. Jackie turns towards Lysandros and glares. “That’s it? That’s your big suggestion? You know, people are really wasting their money going to therapists for help with their lives, they should be paying you since you seem to have all the answers.” Jackie sarcastically says. “Well then tell me oh wise one, what was you and your partner’s plan when you were in this situation before?” Lysandros questions. “To get out of the ropes…” Jackie mumbles. “Then that’s what we need to do, if we’re gonna get out of here and get back to our loved ones.” Lysandros says. Jackie scoffs. “What loved ones? My whole family is dead. Honestly, if I blew up, probably no one would miss me.” Jackie says. “That’s not true. I’d miss you.” Lysandros tells her. “No you wouldn’t. Besides, you’re gonna blow up too.” Jackie points out. “Okay, that last part might be true.” Lysandros admits. “Honestly, one of the main reasons we should be trying to get out of here is so you can get back to your wife in one piece.” Jackie says. “That won’t be a problem. I don’t have a wife to go home to.” Lysandros reveals. “Wait...but you told me you were married.” Jackie recalls. “I was married, but I’m not anymore. Clara left me.” Lysandros admits. “Oh...is it okay if I ask what happened?” Jackie asks. “When I first signed up with the CIA, Clara didn’t have a problem with it. She understood that it would change our lives significantly, but she accepted that. But I think she underestimated just how much our lives would change. Last January, I went home in between missions, and I found Clara standing in the kitchen, with her back turned to me. I could tell she was stressed about something. As it turns out, she had been coaching herself for the past week how to break up with me. I was gone far too much for her liking, and as much as she loved me, she couldn’t stay in a relationship where she had no idea where her other half was most the time, if I was even alive.” Lysandros says. “Did you offer to leave the CIA for Clara?” Jackie wonders. “You’re gonna think I’m a real jack ass, and you’re probably right, but no, I didn’t. Being a part of the CIA was my way of atoning for all of the horrible crimes I’ve committed in the past. This was my way of trying to be a better man, and I felt if I left the agency, it all would’ve been for nothing. Maybe I made the wrong choice, maybe I should’ve stayed with Clara, but at the time, I made the choice I thought was for the greater good, and I felt like it was probably the first non selfish thing I’ve ever done in my life. I could continue working to take down the bad guys, and by not being with Clara anymore, it made it so that she was no longer a target because of me, not just by people from my past, but people I’ve crossed while working for the CIA.” Lysandros says. “You probably made the right choice. People in our line of work can’t have healthy relationships with people who don’t understand the work. In fact, some would argue we can’t have healthy relationships in general.” Jackie says. “But knowing that, we never stop trying to be normal, do we?” Lysandros asks. Jackie shakes her head. “No, but as long as we are in this line of work, we can’t be normal, and I’ve come to terms with that. I’m okay with it.” Jackie says. Lysandros nods. “Me too.” Lysandros says. “We probably shouldn’t be crying about how alone we are. If we don’t get out of here, we’ll never get the chance to not be alone.” Jackie says. “This isn’t just about us. There are probably other people in the building, people who could die if that bomb detonates.” Lysandros points out. “We also need to catch up to Wishbone before he makes it to North Korea.” Jackie adds. “That might be easier said than done, so for right now we should focus on getting out of these restraints and evacuating the building.” Lysandros says. “There won’t be any time to evacuate the building. If we’re gonna save lives, we need to diffuse that bomb. Ever diffuse a bomb before?” Jackie questions. “I’ve planted one, but I’ve never diffused one.” Lysandros says. Jackie rolls her eyes. “You’re a lot of help.” Jackie sarcastically says. “Have you ever diffused one?” Lysandros questions. “A few times. Its been a few years, so my skills might be a bit rusty, but I understand the basic concept.” Jackie says. “You’ll have to walk me through it. First, we need to get out of these ropes.” Lysandros says. “Done.” Jackie says. Lysandros raises an eyebrow, as Jackie reveals one of her hands is free! “How did you do that so fast?” Lysandros questions. “Magic! Okay, I lied, it was pure skill.” Jackie brags. “Can you use that skill to cut me loose?” Lysandros asks. “Since you asked so nicely…” Jackie says. Jackie climbs over Lysandros, and begins untying his ropes…

Back in San Francisco, Ciara and Andropov are standing frozen in the lab after the gun went off. Suddenly, Andropov collapses from a gunshot wound! “Are you okay?” Brady asks Ciara. “Never better.” Ciara says. Ciara kneels down and checks Andropov’s pulse. “The same can’t be said for Andropov. He’s dead.” Ciara reveals. “Are you sure? Like, really, REALLY sure?” Kristina asks. “I know what dead looks like. Andropov’s gunshot wound was close range, he doesn’t have a pulse, he’s gone.” Ciara says. Brady sighs. “That’s a huge relief. No more memory transfers, no more brainwashings…” Brady says. “That’s assuming Andropov didn’t make arrangements for his consciousness to be transferred into someone else’s body, or that he won’t be thrown into a resurrection machine and come out brand new.” Kristina adds. “Andropov’s resurrection machine was destroyed when The Evil Force’s castle blew up.” Brady says. “We shouldn’t worry too much about Andropov, we have much bigger problems.” Ciara says. “Stefan is gonna be pretty pissed when he finds out Andropov didn’t complete the procedure on me.” Kristina notes. “Stefan doesn’t have to find out.” Ciara says. “What do you mean?” Kristina questions. “I mean...maybe we should let Stefan think the conditioning worked, that Andropov successfully brainwashed you.” Ciara suggests!

At the apartment in Prague, Lysandros watches as Jackie moves a dead Sonia’s arms out of the way so she can see the bomb. “Gross…” Jackie says. Jackie proceeds to check out the wiring of the bomb. “What do you want me to do?” Lysandros questions. “Just observe and watch the pro at work.” Jackie says. “Is there one around?” Lysandros jokes. Jackie glares at him. “Is there a knife around somewhere?” Jackie questions. Lysandros stands up, and grabs one from the knife block in the kitchen. “Here you go.” Lysandros says, as he hands Jackie the knife. “Please don’t stab me.” Lysandros urges. “Stop annoying me and I won’t.” Jackie tells him. Jackie lowers the knife to one of the wires. “Are you sure you know what you’re doing?” Lysandros asks. Jackie points the knife at Lysandros. “Sorry, just figured I’d double check.” Lysandros says. Jackie returns her attention to the bomb, and cuts the red wire. Nothing happens. “The bomb didn’t blow up, that has to be a good sign.” Lysandros notes. Jackie examines the bomb some more, and then cuts the green wire. Once again, nothing happens. Jackie proceeds to cut the yellow wire, which is the final wire, and the timer stops at 1 minute and 1 second. “Uh oh, that’s not good…” Jackie says. “What do you mean? The timer is supposed to stop! That means the bomb has been disabled!” Lysandros points out. “Maybe in the movies. In real life, the timer stopping means we triggered the self destruct sequence.” Jackie reveals! Lysandros’ eyes widen, and his face turns white. Suddenly, Jackie begins cracking up laughing. “What? What’s so funny?” Lysandros asks. “I just...I can’t believe you actually fell for that!” Jackie laughs. “Putting aside your childish games for a minute, does that mean the bomb was disabled?” Lysandros questions. Jackie smiles. “OF COURSE the bomb was disabled! I told you I knew what I was doing.” Jackie says. Lysandros smiles. “You were magnificent!” Lysandros tells her. “I was, wasn’t I?” Jackie asks. “I could kiss you right about now.” Lysandros tells her. “Don’t embarrass yourself. Besides, our work isn’t done yet. Wishbone is still out there, and he has the Cats’ biological weapon. We need to find him before he makes it to North Korea.” Jackie says. “Tracking Wishbone could be easier said than done. Obviously he’s not gonna be taking a commercial flight there, he’ll likely be using a private jet.” Lysandros notes. “I know, which is why I took precautions. The second you dragged Wishbone out of the bathroom earlier, I was able to pair my phone with his without him knowing. Basically, I set up GPS tracking on his phone so I can track his every move.” Jackie reveals. “I could get used to working with someone always so prepared. What are we waiting for then? Lets go find Wishbone and get what we came for.” Lysandros says.

At a private airstrip in Prague, Wishbone is walking down the airfield approaching the jet, when two men grab him from behind! “What’s the meaning of this?!” Wishbone angrily asks. “I’m sure you already know the answer to that question.” A familiar voice says. Suddenly, Stefan steps out of the shadows! “Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Count Stefan Cat, though I’m sure you knew that already. You see Mr. Holt, you’ve taken something that does not belong to you, and I have come to reclaim it.” Stefan reveals. “I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about, now you better move out of my way or you’ll be sorry.” Wishbone warns. Stefan rips the briefcase out of Wishbone’s hand, and opens it to find vials inside! Stefan smiles. “This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Mr. Holt for being kind enough to hold on to these for me, but its time they return to their rightful owner.” Stefan says. “You know, I did the world a favor by stealing those vials from you and your people.” Wishbone says. “Yes, I’m sure your planned trip to North Korea would have ensured these vials never fell into the wrong hands. Unfortunately, Kim Jong Un is going to have to find a new ignoramus to do his bidding, because I’m afraid you won’t be making your trip. Take him away.” Stefan orders his men. Stefan’s men throw a black bag over Wishbone’s head, and then drag him towards a car. One of the men opens the trunk, and then they throw Wishbone into it. They then slam the trunk shut. Stefan approaches the backseat of the car, when another car speeds onto the scene. Lysandros and Jackie get out of the car, and both point their guns at Stefan! “Don’t move, Stefan!” Jackie demands. “You were far more tolerable as a member of my security detail.” Stefan tells Jackie. “I really want to shoot you, so it would be within your best interest not to provoke me any further. Surrender your weapon, and yourself, and no one has to get hurt.” Lysandros says. Stefan smirks, when suddenly one of his men throw a smoke bomb onto the ground! Smoke fills the air, and Lysandros and Jackie begin firing shots into the fog! Tires can be heard screeching, and as the smoke clears, it is revealed that Stefan’s car is gone! “Stefan got away…” Lysandros notes. “And he has the weapon...you know, the last time Stefan had it, it wasn’t finished yet.” Jackie recalls. “But it is now.” Lysandros adds. “Which means he’s probably on his way to Fantastic City to put his plan into motion.” Jackie realizes!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down