QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biological Warfare: Episode 03

Go down

Biological Warfare: Episode 03 Empty Biological Warfare: Episode 03

Post by QG Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Its a new day in San Francisco. In his hotel room, Brady is sitting by the window, waiting by his phone for Kristina to call, when there is a knock at the door. Brady opens the door, and finds Ciara standing outside. “Good morning.” Ciara says. “Its not a good morning! In fact, it couldn’t be worse! My wife spent the night with a lunatic!” Brady shouts. “They slept in separate bedrooms.” Ciara notes. “That’s not the point! Are you any closer to finding this weapon, or locking up Stefan?” Brady asks. “We’re following up on a lead. We think we know who stole the weapon from Stefan, a woman named Josephine Dog.” Ciara reveals. “Josephine Dog? Is she connected to the whole Dog/Cat thing that happened before you and I came to Fantastic?” Brady asks. “Its more than just a thing, its still going on today. As for Josephine Dog, she happens to be a dead ringer for Josephine Acerbi.” Ciara reveals. “Ah...I see. So Josephine is the good twin and Josephine Dog is the bad twin.” Brady realizes. “The two aren’t twins though.” Ciara notes. “Then who the hell is Josephine Dog?!” Brady questions. “A woman with no knowledge of the term loyalty. She betrayed Fantastic City to help the Cats fifteen years ago, and obviously her loyalty to the Cats only went so far because she betrayed them too. Basically, she’ll do anything as long as the price is right.” Ciara says. “So that means somebody might’ve paid Josephine Dog to steal the weapon from Stefan.” Brady realizes. “Which means the weapon has probably fallen into another pair of wrong hands.” Ciara notes. “So what are you doing to track down Josephine Dog?” Brady questions. “Agent Jennings is trying to track where Josephine Dog went after leaving San Francisco. I’ve also brought someone in from outside the WPA to assist with the investigation.” Ciara reveals. “Really? Who?” Brady questions.

Jackie is banging on someone’s hotel door. “Hurry up and open the door! I’m not going anywhere!” Jackie warns. A shirtless Lysandros answers the door, and he smiles when he sees Jackie. “Agent Jennings.” Lysandros greets her. “Do you always answer the door half naked?” Jackie questions. “Sorry. I just got out of the shower, and I wasn’t sure if I had enough time to put something on. I was worried if I didn’t answer the door right away, Ciara would have her team of secret agents bust down the door and drag me to a pit somewhere. Is that why you’re here?” Lysandros wonders. “If only. No, I am here because Director Goo has assigned me to you. I’m your personal baby sitter.” Jackie reveals. “That’s very kind of Director Goo, but I think I’m well beyond the age of needing a baby sitter.” Lysandros says. “To be totally blunt, she doesn’t trust you. I can’t say I blame her, you did try to kill both of her brothers AND her.” Jackie says. “Did Ciara tell you that?” Lysandros asks. “She didn’t have to. I did my own research when I found out I was gonna be babysitting an assassin.” Jackie says. “I’m flattered you took the time to read my file, especially since in your words, its longer than the bible. Now I’ve never read it myself, but I hear the bible is really, REALLY long.” Lysandros says. “You did a lot of terrible things to a lot of good people.” Jackie points out. “I’m not going to deny that I’ve made an abundance of mistakes. Ever since I turned eighteen, my entire life has been defined by the stupid and horrific mistakes I’ve made. But the difference between the man I was then and the man I am now is that I’m no longer hiding from those mistakes. Yeah, I’m likely guilty of everything I’m accused of in that file of yours, and I feel a tremendous amount of guilt over my actions.” Lysandros says. “Is this the part where I weep tears of joy over your admission of guilt? You’re gonna have to do a lot more than pretend to be remorseful to impress me.” Jackie says. Lysandros smiles. “I got the impression from you that my crimes don’t really bother you that much anyway. I’m guessing you’ve seen much worse.” Lysandros assumes. “Lets not get into that. I have a job to do, we both do.” Jackie says. “Have you made any progress on that front?” Lysandros questions. “Well, while you were lounging around here in your birthday suit, I was up all night trying to track down Josephine Dog, and I did...to a point.” Jackie says. “What does that mean?” Lysandros wonders. “I tracked Josephine Dog to an airport, and security footage shows her boarding a flight to Prague.” Jackie reveals. “Prague is a big city, and I’m assuming Josephine Dog isn’t using her real name.” Lysandros says. “I know. Fortunately, the WPA has gained access to photo copies of the IDs of every person who boarded that flight. All we need to do is pin point which ID Josephine Dog used, and find out where she went after arriving in Prague.” Jackie says. “That shouldn’t be too difficult. Josephine Dog could be using a card registered under this fake name, so all we have to do once we know what identity she’s using is track all credit card and bank activity of this assumed name.” Lysandros says. “Josephine Dog could be using cash, she hasn’t managed to stay under the radar for fifteen years by using a bank account.” Jackie says. “If Josephine Dog is using cash, that makes her significantly more difficult to track.” Lysandros points out. Jackie smirks. “Not if you have the backing of the WPA. Once we know what name Josephine Dog has been using, I’ll make some calls, and it shouldn’t be too long before we find out exactly what hotel she’s staying in.” Jackie says. “She could be staying at a safe house.” Lysandros suggests. “I doubt it. Josephine Dog probably isn’t a regular in Prague. She probably just went there to ditch the weapon with whoever contracted her to retrieve it.” Jackie says. “Which brings us to another set of problems. After tracking Josephine Dog down, she probably won’t even have the weapon anymore.” Lysandros says. “You think I don’t know that? Obviously, Josephine Dog has probably already washed her hands of the weapon, but she can still point us in the direction of the person who hired her.” Jackie points out. “How do you plan on getting a trained mercenary like Josephine Dog to turn on her boss?” Lysandros wonders. “I think the threat of a life sentence in a super max prison will probably be enough to secure her cooperation, don’t you?” Jackie asks. Jackie’s phone rings. “Hang on, I gotta take this.” Jackie says. Jackie answers. “Agent Jennings here, what do you got for me?...Thank you, that’s just the news I was hoping for.” Jackie says, before hanging up. Jackie turns towards Lysandros. “Josephine Dog is going by the name of Zelda Morales.” Jackie reveals. “Great. You should make some calls to find out where “Zelda” went after arriving in Prague.” Lysandros says. “We can do that on the flight to Prague. We’ve wasted enough time sitting around.” Jackie says. “We could be wasting a trip. Josephine Dog could be long gone by the time we get there.” Lysandros says. “Even if she is, she must’ve left some kind of trail, and we are going to follow it.” Jackie says.

“You really trust Lysandros Masters to track down Stefan’s weapon?” Brady asks. “It isn’t about trust. Lysandros has a unique skill set.” Ciara points out. “Lysandros is a dangerous criminal that nearly killed you, me, V.J, and Dad!” Brady reminds her. “I remember, but as the director of the WPA, its my job to think logically. Lysandros could be a huge asset in tracking down Josephine Dog and the weapon, that’s why I brought him on board. Plus, Agent Jennings is watching his every move, and she’s itching to pull the trigger. If he tries anything, she’ll shoot him.” Ciara says. “What happens if he gets the jump on Jackie?” Brady asks. “NO ONE gets the jump on Jackie, trust me.” Ciara says. “I’m sorry for being so paranoid, I’m just really on edge, especially with Kristina trapped with the guy everyone is working to bring down. How long is it gonna take to bring her home?” Brady wonders.

In the dining room of his castle, Stefan is enjoying his breakfast when Kristina walks in. “Good morning, Katerina! Did you sleep well?” Stefan asks. “Like a baby.” Kristina claims. “That’s wonderful to hear. Please join me, the chef has prepared a delicious omelet.” Stefan says. Kristina cautiously sits down next to Stefan. “You seem nervous.” Stefan points out. “Its just...this is still all very new to me. I’m adjusting.” Kristina says. “Are you thinking of your former paramour?” Stefan questions. “Of course not! Brady is the furthest thing from my mind. Lets talk about something of actual importance, shall we? Have you had any luck locating the weapon?” Kristina wonders. “My people are exploring every possible avenue, and are confident the weapon will be recovered soon.” Stefan says. “It might be difficult to track down the weapon since a dead woman supposedly stole it.” Kristina points out. “The person who stole the weapon was most definitely not Josephine Acerbi. It was in fact her doppelganger, Josephine Dog.” Stefan reveals. “I’ve never heard of her.” Kristina admits. “Josephine Dog was an asset to the Cat empire many years ago. In fact, she betrayed Queen Goo in order to aid us.” Stefan recalls. “She must not be too loyal, for her to stab you in the back like this.” Kristina points out. “Despite Josephine Dog’s prior association with the Cats, I have never had any personal dealings with her. But, its my understanding that Josephine Dog works for whomever is paying the highest rate, which leads me to believe someone hired her to steal that weapon.” Stefan notes. “Do you have any idea who that could be?” Kristina asks. “The best way to find out would be to find Josephine Dog. My people have determined that she fled from San Francisco to Prague. Now all we need to do is narrow down which rock she took refuge under. It shouldn’t be too difficult. Josephine Dog may think she is a superb criminal, but she is no match for the Cats.” Stefan says. “What are your plans once you recover the weapon?” Kristina asks. Stefan smiles. “My plan is to kill Josephine Dog and whoever hired her to steal the weapon, and then I am going to unleash the weapon on Fantastic City, which will eliminate the bulk of that city’s population, giving the Cats the justice they so richly deserve.” Stefan says. “Are you sure killing ALL those people is the best course of action? Some of them have no idea of the history between the Dogs and the Cats.” Kristina points out. “For them to be living in that city immediately classifies them as an enemy of the Cat monarchy, and for that reason, their death is inevitable. Our people have suffered so many losses over the past several years, which is why there can be no mistakes this time. Fantastic City will crumble, and I will be the one to make it happen. You seem rather uneasy. If you truly care about our people, then this must be what you want as well.” Stefan says. “Of course I want it…” Kristina says. “Then why do I sense hesitation?” Stefan questions. Kristina contemplates…

Jackie and Lysandros are sitting on a plane. Jackie hangs up the phone. “The WPA is doing an in depth search of Prague for Josephine Dog. If she is still there, it shouldn’t be long before we track her down.” Jackie says. “They can take their time, it’ll be a little while before we land in Prague. I wonder if there are any good bars in Prague…” Lysandros says. “Stay focused, we have a job to do.” Jackie says. “I understand that, but after we recover the weapon and send Josephine Dog and Stefan to their forever home, we deserve a break. Do you play pool?” Lysandros questions. Jackie hesitates for a moment. “I used to. I haven’t in a while.” Jackie admits. “Too busy with work?” Lysandros asks. “I used to play all the time in between operations. It was sort of a thing my partner and I would do to relax after an intense mission. Of course, each round usually ended the same. Peter would lose, and per our agreement, he would buy the next round of drinks.” Jackie recalls. “Who’s Peter?” Lysandros asks. “Peter Wilson, my old partner.” Jackie tells him. “Peter Wilson was Queen Goo’s son I believe. How long did the two of you work together?” Lysandros asks. “Long enough for our partnership to evolve into friendship. My family is gone, so Peter was pretty much the only person I had an actual connection with. He even invited me to spend Christmas with his family years ago, because he didn’t want me to be alone.” Jackie recalls. “That was generous of him.” Lysandros notes. “That’s just who Peter was, which is amazing, because there was a time where he was a really bad guy. It just goes to show that even the worst of people can sometimes evolve into the best.” Jackie says. “I apologize for being too forward, but did things ever escalate between you and Peter?” Lysandros questions. “If you’re asking if Peter and I ever became a couple, the answer is no. We got pretty close when we were both working to bring down Victor Fulton, the corrupt WPA director. But right after Victor was sent to prison, I got pulled away on an assignment before anything could happen between Peter and me.” Jackie says. “I thought you and Peter were partners.” Lysandros says. “We were, but after the whole Victor Fulton fiasco, the WPA put us with new people, and Peter and I never saw each other again. I mean, at the time, I didn’t think it was that big of a deal, Peter and I had all the time in the world to see each other again. But...a year later, he was killed, and now I’m never going to see my best and only friend again.” Jackie says. “I’m sorry.” Lysandros tells her. Jackie wipes away a tear. “I don’t even know why I’m confiding in you.” Jackie says. “Long plane rides can make a person chatty. If its any consolation, I can relate to what you’re feeling. I’ve spent most of my life alone too. I last saw my mother when I was twelve years old, when my step father forced her to drop me at my father’s doorstep. The thing is, my father had no use for me, I was his least favorite son, so the moment I turned eighteen, he threw me out of the house. That’s what started me down this road, a road I’m not particularly fond of.” Lysandros says. “Working for the CIA is nothing to be proud of, you should’ve gone with the WPA.” Jackie jokes. “I was talking about everything that came before the CIA. Things have improved over the past few years, though. I reconnected somewhat with the sister I haven’t seen since I was twelve, and I was happy with Clara.” Lysandros says. Jackie raises an eyebrow. “Was?” Jackie repeats. Before Lysandros can elaborate, Jackie’s phone rings. Jackie answers. “Agent Jennings...thanks for the info, I’ll check it out.” Jackie says, before hanging up. “What was that about?” Lysandros questions. “I know exactly where Josephine Dog is.” Jackie reveals!

“We’re talking about mass murder, Stefan. Of course I’m hesitating.” Kristina says. “The lives we would be taking are insignificant. No one would miss them.” Stefan claims. “Their families would!” Kristina points out. Stefan shrugs. “They would be dead as well.” Stefan says. “This sounds extreme, too extreme!” Kristina says. “Are you worried about Brady? I don’t know why you would be, considering he is a mere few miles away in San Francisco.” Stefan says. Kristina’s eyes widen. “Brady is here? In San Francisco?” Kristina asks. “Don’t feign ignorance, Katerina. It isn’t a good look on you. You see, I have been suspicious of your sudden change in allegiance since you arrived on the island, so after you went to sleep last night, I made some phone calls. I know that you and Brady arrived in San Francisco together.” Stefan reveals. “I’m not denying that. We did come here together, but this is also where we broke up!” Kristina lies. “I don’t believe you. I think its far too convenient that you broke up with Brady right before you surfaced on the island. You came to me armed with an agenda, and for that reason, you are going to pay.” Stefan warns. “Think what you want, but I’m telling you the truth!” Kristina claims. “Lying to me will only make the situation more dire, Katerina. You should know that I have an elite team of Cat operatives that are prepared to move in on Brady upon receiving my order. Lie to me again, and I will have no qualms about brutally murdering your beloved husband. So, one final time, have you been lying to me?” Stefan questions. Kristina sighs. “Okay, yes! Brady and I are still together! But I wasn’t lying when I said I wanted to embrace my heritage!” Kristina lies. Stefan slams his fist on the table! “ENOUGH! I will not allow you to make a fool of me! It is time for you to face the consequences of your betrayal.” Stefan warns…

In Prague, Josephine Dog finishes packing her bags in her hotel room, and heads towards the door. When she opens it, she finds Lysandros and Jackie standing outside! “Oh, thank you for getting here so quickly!” Josephine Dog says. Lysandros and Jackie share a confused glance. Josephine Dog shoves her bags into their arms. “I’m driving the Toyota Camry parked in the third row of the parking lot. If you could put my luggage in the trunk and pull the car around, that’d be grand. Just please, don’t break anything, it’ll be deducted from your tip.” Josephine Dog warns. Jackie pushes the luggage back at Josephine Dog. “We aren’t here for your luggage.” Jackie says. Jackie flashes her badge. “Agent Jackie Jennings, WPA.” Jackie introduces. “Huh, that almost looks real...which coin operated machine did you get that from? Maybe I should snag one.” Josephine Dog says. “That badge is as real as your arrest for stealing a very dangerous weapon from the Cats.” Lysandros says. Josephine Dog swings her suitcase at Lysandros, and attempts to run out the door! Jackie grabs Josephine Dog from behind, and throws her back into the hotel room. Before Josephine Dog can make another move, both Lysandros and Jackie pull their guns on her. “Try that again, and you’ll be dead before you get to the door.” Jackie warns. “Well that would suck. One Josephine down is bad enough, but two? That would be a travesty!” Josephine Dog says. “I assume you must be talking about Josephine Acerbi.” Lysandros says. “Yeah, did you know her?” Josephine Dog asks. “I knew her in passing. We both lived in Fantastic City.” Lysandros notes. Josephine Dog groans. “My God, that city is such a bore! It was so liberating to finally leave.” Josephine Dog admits. “You left to go work for the Cats, but since resurfacing, you stole from the Cats. What’s changed?” Jackie questions. “The market has changed. The Cats are a bunch of cheapskates that don’t know my worth. Besides, I haven’t worked for them in years, I have no loyalty to them. Not to say I was loyal to them in the first place, its just that they were paying me a decent rate to turn on the Dogs.” Josephine Dog says. “If you hated the Dogs so much, why is it still a part of your name?” Lysandros asks. Josephine Dog sighs. “I wanted to change my name, but to what? Besides, the Dog thing is the one thing keeping me separate from Josephine Acerbi, since she decided to drop the Cat from her name. If I dropped the Dog from my name, then we would both just be Josephine! Speaking of which, RIP Josephine. So sad she blew up. I was gonna send the family a card, but I didn’t feel like spending the money.” Josephine Dog says. “Okay, as much fun as this has been, we’re getting too far off track.” Jackie says. “Are you always so serious? Have a little fun! Spread a little gossip! It won’t kill you.” Josephine Dog says. “No, but the weapon you stole from Count Stefan Cat might!” Jackie points out. “Oh, that...yeah, that could do the trick. So, does anyone want to go out for cocktails? Your treat.” Josephine Dog says. “We’re going to do this right here. What did you do with the weapon?” Lysandros asks. “You know what I did with the weapon, otherwise you wouldn’t be keeping me from my flight.” Josephine Dog notes. “We know you stole it, but what did you do with it AFTER you stole it?!” Jackie questions. “What makes you think I did anything with it? It could be tucked away in one of my bags.” Josephine Dog suggests. “Someone like you wouldn’t care about having a weapon of mass destruction. For you to steal it, someone must’ve hired you to do it. So, who gave the order?” Lysandros asks. “Hmm...I honestly can’t remember. Sorry.” Josephine Dog claims. “Maybe spending the night in jail might help you remember, and given your rap sheet, it’ll probably be a while before you get out.” Jackie says. “You’re getting worked up over nothing, I’m just playing around. Honestly, now that I got paid, I’ve got no problem with ratting out the person who hired me.” Josephine Dog says. “Great, then tell us who it was.” Lysandros says. “Her name was Sonia Mergeron.” Josephine Dog reveals. Lysandros’ eyes widen…

In San Francisco, Brady and Ciara are still in Brady’s hotel room. “How long has it been since you talked to Kristina?” Brady asks Ciara. “I talked to her last night, but with the earpiece Kristina is wearing, the WPA is able to keep her under constant surveillance. Sound wise, that is.” Ciara says. “I know I probably sound like a real pain in the ass, but is there any way you could check on her? I just want to make sure my wife is okay.” Brady says. “I understand. I have an app on my phone that lets me check up on Kristina. That way, you can listen in too.” Ciara says. “Great.” Brady says. Ciara opens up the app, but when she connects to Kristina’s earpiece, she hears nothing but static. “Is there some kinda bad connection?” Brady asks. “The WPA has some of the best tech known to man, we don’t just lose connection. Stefan must’ve found out Kristina is a spy.” Ciara says. “So what the hell do we do now?!” Brady asks. “I have a team of agents undercover on the island. I’ll tell them what’s going on, and I’ll tell them to arrest Stefan.” Ciara says. Ciara calls one of her agents, but immediately hangs up. “Damn it! Straight to voice mail. Let me try another one…” Ciara says. “There isn’t any time, we have to get to that island!” Brady says. “You aren’t going anywhere!” Ciara tells him. “Yeah, I am! I’m not gonna sit around here and wait to find out if my wife is okay or not!” Brady says. Ciara sighs. “Alright. I’ll make arrangements for transport.” Ciara says.

On Stefan’s island, Kristina is dragged into Andropov’s lab by Stefan’s men, kicking and screaming. “Resistance is futile, Katerina. The best thing you could do for yourself would be to surrender.” Stefan says. “NEVER!” Kristina snaps. “I admire your fire. If only you had used it for the greater good of the Cat monarchy, rather than working for the enemy. Now, given the high tech ear piece you were armed with, I assume you must have been sent by the WPA. I assume their intent was to intercept me before I could unleash my weapon on Fantastic City.” Stefan assumes. “The WPA is one step ahead of you, Stefan. They already have people in pursuit of your weapon.” Kristina says. “My people are closing in on the people who stole the weapon. There is very little doubt in my mind that they will be able to retrieve it before the WPA can. But, while I am waiting for my people to obtain it, I have other matters to tend to.” Stefan says. “What are you going to do with me?” Kristina questions. “I’m not going to harm you, if that is what you are speculating. I am going to transform you! Gone are the days of the dreary Kristina Cat, wife of Brady Goo. Now, the reign of Princess Katerina Cat is about to begin!” Stefan announces. Kristina’s eyes widen. “Are you going to brainwash me?” Kristina asks. Before Stefan can answer her, Andropov enters the room. “Good morning, Princess.” Andropov says. “Stay away from me, freak!” Kristina yells. “Don’t mind her, she is a bit hesitant.” Stefan says. “Oh Princess, you needn’t worry! It is a very simple procedure!” Andropov says. “Simple procedure?! You’re going to take away my free will, just like you did when you turned me into The Evil Force!” Kristina argues. Kristina turns towards Stefan. “Please don’t make me go through that again. I lost years of my life because of that mad man, I can’t go through that again!” Kristina says. “This time will be different. When I transformed you into The Evil Force, I had to erase all of your memories to make room for his. However, this time, you will retain all of your memories! The only difference in your character is your views will be slightly altered.” Andropov says. “In other words, I’m going to be a mindless zombie!” Kristina snaps. “You will be the person you were always meant to be, before you escaped that clinic Lawrence Stanpatos was holding you in and made your way to Fantastic City.” Stefan says. “I hope you know I’m gonna fight whatever Andropov does to me with every fiber of my being! I am not going to let him screw with my mind again!” Kristina warns Stefan. “I don’t doubt that, which is why I can’t afford to take any chances.” Stefan says, as he pulls out a syringe! “What the hell is that?” Kristina asks. Stefan doesn’t answer, and injects it into a squirming Kristina. “Ow! If you think you can...you can…”  Before Kristina can finish, she passes out. “Oh I do think I can. Don’t worry, Katerina. Soon you will see the light, and you will be a better person because of it.” Stefan says…

In Prague, Jackie is on the phone, while Lysandros and Josephine Dog look on. “I need an APB out on Sonia Mergeron. We think she’s in possession of Stefan Cat’s weapon...Thanks.” Jackie says, before hanging up. “You’re welcome.” Josephine Dog says. Jackie’s eyes widen as she turns to face Josephine Dog. “What am I thanking you for? You sold a dangerous weapon that could put several lives at risk, and for what?! For money! You are the lowest kind of human scum possible!” Jackie tells her. Josephine Dog smiles. “Maybe, but I’m rich scum.” Josephine Dog says. “No, you’re gonna be jailed scum.” Jackie says. There’s a knock on the door, and Lysandros opens it to two WPA agents. “Thanks for coming so quickly. That’s her right there.” Jackie says, as she points at Josephine Dog. The agents approach Josephine Dog, and begin handcuffing her! “What’s going on?!” Josephine Dog asks. “You committed a serious crime, did you really think we were just gonna pat you on the back and send you on your way?” Jackie asks. “I told you who hired me!” Josephine Dog points out. “So? We never made any kind of deal with you, we weren’t obligated to let you go just because you gave us a piece of info. Besides, we had to practically force it out of you, that’s not exactly worth a medal.” Jackie says. “You’ll regret this.” Josephine Dog warns. “I’m not the one in handcuffs. Don’t worry, you’ll get your chance at revenge. But by then, your hair will be gray and you’ll probably be using a walker. Bye.” Jackie says. Josephine Dog is dragged out by the WPA agents. “Wow, it was really fun sticking it to that bitch. Probably the most fun I’ve had all year.” Jackie says. Lysandros doesn’t respond, and is clearly distant. “Hey. I saw your reaction when Josephine Dog mentioned Sonia Mergeron’s name. You know her, don’t you?” Jackie asks. “Sonia and I were business associates many years ago.” Lysandros admits. “Okay. Is there anything you could tell me that might help us track her down?” Jackie asks. “I can tell you I don’t think Sonia stole this weapon for herself.” Lysandros says. “What do you mean?” Jackie questions. “Sonia is a smart woman, but she’s always been held back by this bizarre infatuation.” Lysandros says. “Is it with a man?” Jackie asks. “It is. If Sonia hired Josephine Dog to steal the weapon, she was most likely acting on his orders.” Lysandros says. “Who is this guy?” Jackie asks. “His name is Omar Holt, also known as Wishbone.” Lysandros reveals. Jackie’s eyes widen. “I see you’ve heard of him.” Lysandros observes. “Everyone at the WPA has heard of Wishbone, he’s on our most wanted list. Not only that, but when I was investigating Victor Fulton years ago, Wishbone was in league with him. I thought a woman named Acerbi was obsessed with Wishbone. Are you saying two women are in love with him?” Jackie asks. “No, only one. After Wishbone put Olivia Acerbi’s daughter’s life at risk, she turned her back on him. But Sonia...she’s as loyal as ever. You would think she would’ve learned her lesson after spending over a decade in prison for that maniac, but apparently not.” Lysandros says. “Wishbone’s involvement changes things. This situation just got 100 times more dangerous.” Jackie says. “I know that, which is why we need to proceed with the upmost caution, even when confronting Sonia. We have no idea if Wishbone could be lurking around somewhere.” Lysandros says. “Do you have any personal experience with Wishbone?” Jackie questions. “Fortunately he and I have never crossed paths. I do know that he has a history of doing my sister in law Madeline’s bidding, which tells me all I need to know about him.” Lysandros says. Jackie’s phone rings, and she picks up. “What do you got for me?...Text me the address. Thanks.” Jackie says, before hanging up. “Do we know where Sonia is?” Lysandros asks. “She has an apartment right here in Prague. Assuming she hasn’t gone into hiding yet, we might be able to catch her.” Jackie says. “We’re wasting time chatting then, aren’t we?” Lysandros says. “Lets go get that weapon back.” Jackie says, before she and Lysandros head out the door.

In San Francisco, Ciara enters the dining room of Stefan’s castle, her gun drawn. “All clear!” Ciara whispers. Brady comes into the room, also holding a gun. “No sign of Kristina.” Brady notes. “This room was Kristina’s last known location before the connection went dead.” Ciara says. “Do you think she could still be in the house?” Brady asks. “Its a big house, it’ll take a little while to search.” Ciara tells him. “I don’t care how long it takes. I’m not leaving here until I find Kristina, and if she’s hurt in any way, Count Stefan is a dead man.” Brady says.

In Andropov’s lab, Kristina is now strapped down to a gurney, unconscious. Stefan is gone. Andropov looms over her, and chuckles. “You never were able to overcome The Evil Force’s influence on your mind. The only reason you broke free is because I transferred The Evil Force’s consciousness from your mind into the mind of Dylan Stanpatos. Much like you weren’t able to fight my previous technique, you won’t be able to fight this one.” Andropov says. Kristina begins to stir awake. She tries to sit up, but notices she’s strapped down. “Calm down, it will make things much easier.” Andropov says. “You are making a mistake! You got lucky when you avoided jail time for what you did to me last time, but if you hurt me again, my husband and the entire WPA will swarm this place and make sure you spend the rest of your miserable life in a cage, with no laboratory!” Kristina snaps. Andropov chuckles. “Your simple minded husband and the WPA are no match for my genius. We’ve spent enough time arguing back and forth, its time for the conditioning to begin, and for you to finally realize your true purpose in life.” Andropov says. Andropov grabs some sort of headset. “What’s that?” Kristina asks. “This is the end of Kristina Cat, and the beginning of Princess Katerina Cat!” Andropov says. “Please, I’m begging you. Don’t do this!” Kristina begs. Andropov ignores her pleas, and places the headset over her eyes…

In Sonia’s apartment in Prague, Sonia pours two glasses of wine when she hears a knock on the door. Sonia opens the door, and finds Lysandros and Jackie standing outside. “Lysandros! What a pleasant surprise!” Sonia says. “Hello Sonia.” Lysandros says. “This isn’t a social call.” Jackie says. “I see you brought a friend. And who might you be?” Sonia questions. Jackie flashes her badge. “Agent Jackie Jennings, WPA.” Jackie introduces herself. Sonia sighs. “Oh, its you people again. I assume you are hearing looking for information on Wishbone, which I unfortunately can’t help you with. I haven’t seen nor spoken to Wishbone since my release from prison years ago.” Sonia lies. Jackie turns to Lysandros. “She certainly didn’t waste any time jumping to his defense.” Jackie comments. “Though this could pertain to Wishbone, we aren’t here for him in particular. We just came from the hotel room of a woman named Josephine Dog, and she had a lot to say about you.” Lysandros says. “I don’t see why, I’ve never met a Josephine Dog.” Sonia claims. “Josephine Dog was pretty adamant that you hired her to steal a weapon from the Cats.” Jackie reveals. Sonia scoffs. “Stealing from the Cats would be incredibly dangerous!” Sonia points out. “That might be a risk you’re willing to take on Wishbone’s behalf. For some bizarre reason, you’d do anything for him.” Lysandros says. “As I said, I haven’t spoken to him in over a decade.” Sonia lies. “Try that with someone who doesn’t know you. You were the one who told Adelina Harman that her father was Walter Masters, my brother. Wishbone told you to do that. It was his way of getting revenge on Olivia Acerbi, and knowing that it would drive a permanent wedge between Wishbone and Acerbi, you were all too happy to oblige. Not only that, but when you returned to Fantastic four years ago, you were bragging about how you and Wishbone were engaged. Did the two of you ever tie the knot, or he is still stringing you along?” Lysandros asks. Sonia sighs. “Okay! Yes, Wishbone and I were in contact four years ago, but I haven’t heard a peep from him since I dropped off that letter to Adelina Harman from her father.” Sonia lies. “So Wishbone had nothing to do with stealing that weapon from the Cats? I’m just looking for the clarification, because if you are the person responsible, you’ll be the one facing the heat for this.” Jackie says. “Think about this, Sonia. You already spent over a decade of your life in jail because of that maniac, and if you don’t cooperate with us, you’re gonna go back.” Lysandros says. “I’m not going anywhere because Josephine Dog is lying! I never hired her to steal any kind of weapon!” Sonia claims. “So who hired Josephine Dog, anyway? Was it you or Wishbone? Because it would be pretty sick if it was Wishbone.” Lysandros says. “What are you talking about?” Sonia questions. “Josephine Dog bears a striking resemblance to Wishbone’s dead daughter, so you would think hiring her would give him pause. But if he just went ahead and told you to hire this woman, with no reaction that she looks like his dead daughter...that’s sociopath behavior.” Lysandros says. “Why would Wishbone have any kind of bond with Josephine? Olivia kept her from him, and even after Josephine discovered Wishbone was her father, she betrayed him and sent him to prison!” Sonia points out. “Josephine was still Wishbone’s daughter, and if he were any kind of a father, it would take more than that for him to turn his back on her. But, I assume after Wishbone realized Josephine was of no use to him, he stopped showing interest in her. That’s his MO, after all. He manipulates people, he uses them, and then he throws them away when they are of no use to him anymore. He threw Acerbi away, he left you rotting in prison for years!” Lysandros points out. “There was nothing Wishbone could have done for me! If he had options, he never would have left me languishing in that horrible prison!” Sonia says. “He absolutely would have! Take it from someone who cares about you on some level, Sonia. Wishbone doesn’t love you, he never has and he never will. The only time he shows you affection is when he needs you for something, but I can guarantee that the moment you step out of line, he will cast you aside, just like he did with Olivia Acerbi!” Lysandros snaps. “If you really did steal that weapon from the Cats, it would be within your best interest to turn it over. We can give you immunity, and you can continue living your life. All we want is the weapon. That way, we can destroy it and make sure it never falls into the wrong hands.” Jackie says. “Help us. Not only will it keep you out of prison, but it will finally free you from that monster. You can finally be your own woman. Doesn’t that sound nice?” Lysandros asks. Jackie looks down, and notices two wine glasses. Jackie motions to Lysandros, and he notices them. “I...I was expecting a friend soon.” Sonia claims. “Yeah, sure you were.” Jackie says. Lysandros walks over to the bathroom door, opens it, and pulls out Wishbone!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down