QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biological Warfare: Episode 01

Go down

Biological Warfare: Episode 01 Empty Biological Warfare: Episode 01

Post by QG Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:24 pm

In San Francisco, Brady and Kristina enter a hotel room, with luggage in tow. “Its so good to get away, especially with all the craziness going on in Fantastic lately.” Kristina says. “You mean like you knowing Rebecca was alive this whole time and not saying anything to me?” Brady asks. “How many times are you going to make me apologize for that? I was wrong for keeping such a big secret from you, it won’t happen again.” Kristina says. “You know, if you REALLY want to make it up to me, I can think of a way. We still haven’t had that baby we talked out a few years ago right before...you know.” Brady says. “Right before I died?” Kristina asks. “Yeah...that.” Brady confirms. Kristina wraps her arms around Brady, and smiles. “I can’t think of a better way to kick off our vacay.” Kristina says. Kristina and Brady begin kissing, but are interrupted by a knock on the door. “Ignore it.” Brady urges. “It could be important!” Kristina suggests. “We haven’t even unpacked! Whatever it is can wait.” Brady says. As they begin kissing again, the knocking grows louder. “WPA, open up!” The voice yells. “What the hell? Why are the WPA showing up here?” Kristina wonders. “That’s not just any WPA agent, I recognize the voice.” Brady says. Brady opens the door, and finds Ciara standing in the doorway! “Took you long enough.” Ciara comments. Brady smiles. “Ciara?” Brady asks. “Long time no see, little brother.” Ciara says, before pulling Brady into a hug! “Its been a long time. You look great, by the way!” Brady says. “Aw, thanks. I always like it when you suck up. Also, I know its been a while, I’m sorry for not visiting more often.” Ciara says. “Its alright, I’m sure being the director of the WPA keeps you pretty busy. But, if you wanted to drop by for a visit, you should’ve just done it in Fantastic. Dad would’ve loved to have seen you!” Brady points out. “I’m not actually here to catch up, this is WPA business. I need to talk to Kristina.” Ciara reveals. “Why would you want to see me? Does this have to do with when I thought I was The Evil Force? I thought that was all cleared up.” Kristina says. “Don’t worry, the WPA has officially closed the book on The Evil Force, both the real one and the AI one. This is concerning your connection to the Cats.” Ciara reveals. “Ugh, don’t remind me that I’m one of them. Why are you interested in my connection to the Cats? Besides me, Meow Cat is the only one left within that inner circle, but without Kitty Cat or Katie Cat around to direct him, he’s harmless.” Kristina says. “There’s been a new development.” Ciara reveals. Brady groans. “Let me guess, one of them came back from the dead again. I guess its true what they say about Cats having nine lives.” Brady says. “I’ll be more than happy to tell you what I know, but seeing as we are about to discuss official WPA business, I need your word that what we discuss won’t leave this room.” Ciara says. “Yeah, of course.” Brady agrees. “My lips are sealed.” Kristina says. “Okay, then here it is...there’s another Cat out there. His name is Count Stefan Cat, and he’s a member of the Cat monarchy. In fact, he’s the only remaining member of the monarchy.” Ciara reveals. “I’ve never heard of him.” Brady says. “The WPA has known about Stefan for years, and has been monitoring him closely. Unlike most of the Cats who lived in Fishkit City, Stefan has chosen to live on Fishkit Island. Anyways, for years, Stefan hasn’t set off any red flags with us because his activity has been quiet, surprisingly quiet for someone with such close ties to the Cat monarchy. But recently, that’s changed.” Ciara reveals. “Is he selling drugs or guns or something?” Brady questions. “Cats aren’t ever involved in ordinary criminal activity. If a Cat is plotting something, it usually always leads to the same objective: destroying Fantastic City.” Kristina notes. “You’re absolutely right. Sources close to Count Stefan Cat tell us that he is developing some sort of weapon that he hopes will bring about the ruin of Fantastic City. We don’t know what the weapon is, but we are hoping to find out and take it off his hands before he can use it.” Ciara tells them. “How does Kristina fit into any of this?” Brady wonders. “Stefan is hosting a party tonight on Fishkit Island, and I was hoping Kristina could go.” Ciara admits. “You want my wife to be a spy?!” Brady asks. “I’m not expecting Kristina to get into a shootout or jump out of a helicopter, I just want her to use her position as a princess within the Cat empire to endear herself to Stefan, and possibly find out what he’s planning. So, here’s what I want you to do, Kristina. I want you to go to Stefan and tell him that you and Brady have broken up, and that you’ve decided to embrace your birthright. I then want you to cozy up to Stefan, and see if you can get him somehow to open up about his plans for Fantastic City. What I mainly want from this operation is the weapon’s location and what it does. Once you have that info, I’ll send in a team of elite operatives to retrieve the weapon and arrest Stefan for planning genocide.” Ciara says. “Sorry to interrupt, but even though Kristina is just gathering info, this still sounds dangerous. What if Stefan figures out she’s lying? What if he doesn’t believe her in the first place?” Brady asks. “You don’t think I’m a good liar? Need I remind you that I helped convince the world that Rebecca was dead?” Kristina asks. Kristina turns towards Ciara. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry. That was really insensitive of me. I know you and Rebecca are best friends.” Kristina says. “Don’t worry about it, Andy called and told me everything right after Rebecca went into hiding.” Ciara admits. “I guess I was the last to know then…” Brady mumbles. “Don’t take it personally, babe.” Kristina says, rubbing Brady’s arm. Kristina turns towards Ciara. “So, about this whole secret agent thing. Would I be getting paid for this?” Kristina asks. “Don’t tell me you’re actually considering this!” Brady says. “You’d be paid generously for your help.” Ciara confirms. “Kristina, come on! We’re already rich!” Brady points out. Kristina scoffs. “We can never be too rich, Brady.” Kristina says. “Okay, here’s another reason you can’t do this. You’re a fashion designer, not a secret agent.” Brady reminds her. “I can’t be both? My God, Brady, its 2021!” Kristina notes. “You’re always worried about chipping your nail polish, what do you think is gonna happen if you try to stop a lunatic from committing mass murder?” Brady asks. “Again, I’m not asking Kristina to beat up the bad guys, all the WPA wants her to do is gather information.” Ciara says. “I’m really good at talking, it shouldn’t be too hard to get Stefan to think I’m on his side.” Kristina says. Brady turns towards Ciara. “Can my wife and I have a minute to talk this through?” Brady asks. “Sure. I’ll be right outside.” Ciara says, before walking out. “Would it mean anything to you if I promise to be careful?” Kristina asks. “It doesn’t matter how careful you are! We aren’t dealing with an ordinary crook, we’re dealing with a Cat, a group notorious for their loose grip on reality. If Stefan is anything like the rest of them, and it sounds like he is, then this is way too dangerous! You can’t do this!” Brady tells her. “Thanks for speaking for me and telling me what I can and cannot do, its a real turn on. But, and this might surprise you, I can think for myself! This isn’t just some ordinary mission. Everyone we care about is in Fantastic, and if Stefan is planning an attack, that means everyone we love is in danger!” Kristina says. “I get that, but I’m sure Ciara could find someone else if she looked hard enough.” Brady notes. “Not everyone is a Cat princess. I have more of a chance than anyone at finding out what Stefan is up to, which is why its important I take this mission. I’m sorry, but this isn’t up for debate. I’m going on this mission, whether you approve or not.” Kristina states. Brady sighs. “I know better than to try and change your mind.” Brady says. Kristina smiles. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” Kristina assures him. Kristina opens the door, and lets Ciara in. “We’re finished in here.” Kristina tells her. “So, what’s the verdict?” Ciara wonders. Kristina smiles. “I’m happy to accept the mission.” Kristina says. “Fantastic. I’ll pull some strings to make sure your name is on Stefan’s guest list.” Ciara says. “And where is this party exactly? Where’s the island? Will I have time to get there before the party starts?” Kristina questions. “Funnily enough, the island isn’t far from here. A cruise ship will be picking up all of the attendees at a nearby dock later tonight, but that won’t be for another several hours. Until then, the two of you will at least have a little time to enjoy your vacation. I’m gonna go and make the arrangements so you can attend without problems Kristina, I’ll be in touch.” Ciara says, before walking out. Kristina turns towards Brady. “Well...THAT just happened. I’m a freaking WPA agent!” Kristina exclaims. “Don’t enjoy it too much. Working for the WPA can be dangerous.” Brady points out. “Don’t worry, I’m not gonna quit my day job, whenever I find a day job that is, to become a WPA agent full time. I’d be way too worried about ruining my manicure by punching those bad guys.” Kristina jokes. “I’m happy to hear that. I don’t wanna lose you.” Brady tells her. “You won’t.” Kristina assures him, before pulling him into a kiss.

Later that evening, Kristina is modeling a dress in front of a mirror. “This looks nice. Do you think I should wear a tiara with it? I am playing a princess, after all.” Kristina notes. “Don’t forget you aren’t playing a role, you actually are a princess. As for the tiara, it probably wouldn’t hurt.” Brady says. “That brings up another question: where the hell am I supposed to get a tiara?” Kristina wonders. Someone knocks on the door. “Hold that thought.” Kristina says. Kristina opens the door, and finds Ciara standing outside. “Hey, are you ready?” Ciara asks. “Almost. I was just picking out something to wear.” Kristina says. “That won’t be necessary.” Ciara says. Ciara comes in, and lays a gown on the bed. “Thanks, but...I prefer to dress myself.” Kristina says. “I understand that, but we aren’t talking about going to a cocktail party. You are going to a royal gathering hosted by a count where you will be a princess, you have to look the part! So, not only has the WPA provided you with an elegant dress that only a rich princess would wear, but we’ve also included a tiara.” Ciara reveals. “That solves your tiara problem.” Brady comments. “Kristina unzips the bag the dress is in, and gasps. “Oh my God! This dress is incredible! How much was it?!” Kristina questions. “Almost as much as a brand new car, so don’t ruin it!” Ciara demands. “As long as Kristina doesn’t get into any fights, the dress should be fine. By the way, Kristina could probably use some backup, so I was thinking I could come along, in case things go wrong.” Brady suggests. “And how do you think that’s going to work? Have you forgotten that the plan is to convince Stefan that you and Kristina aren’t a thing anymore? Do you really think he’s gonna buy into that if she shows up on your arm?” Ciara asks. Ciara turns towards Kristina. “Excuse my brother, he’s never been very good at using his head.” Ciara says. “I heard that! I’m not saying I should go WITH Kristina, I could come separately, using my own alias. Stefan doesn’t know what I look like.” Brady says. “Of course he does! Kristina has a pretty big role in the Cat monarchy, do you really think Stefan has no idea what her husband looks like? Its too risky!” Ciara says. “So isn’t sending in a civilian to get dirt on a mad man plotting mass murder with no backup!” Brady argues. Someone knocks at the door. “Who the hell could that be?!” Brady asks. “I’m guessing that must be Kristina’s backup.” Ciara says. Ciara opens the door, and Jackie Jennings is standing in the hallway! “Director Goo, I hope I’m not too late.” Jackie says. “Actually, you’re right on time. Come in.” Ciara urges. Jackie walks in. “Kristina, this is Agent Jackie Jennings, she’s one of the agency’s best operatives.” Ciara says. “Nice to meet you.” Kristina says. “You too.” Jackie says. Jackie notices Brady, and glares at him. “Well, well, well. Brandon Waters. What a small world it is.” Jackie says. “Hey Agent Jennings, long time no see.” Brady says, before flashing back.

Jackie and Peter are both pointing their guns at “Brandon”, who is pointing his gun at them. "Its over, Waters! Put the gun down!" Jackie demands. Brandon grins. "Its not over until I say its over." Brandon says. "Do not make this any worse than it already is. I would advise you come with us quietly." Peter says. "First, I want to know what I'm being charged with." Brandon says. "Fraud. We know that your name isn't Brandon Waters, and that isn't your real face either." Jackie says.

“Oops, my mistake. Your real name is Brady Goo, isn’t it?” Jackie asks. “Wait, you two know each other?” Kristina questions. “You gonna tell her?” Jackie asks. “Of course, I don’t keep secrets from my wife. Agent Jennings here was a friend and partner to my cousin, Peter Wilson. Back when I came back from the dead with a new face, I had an alliance with Victor Fulton, and Jackie and Peter were the ones to bust me, and send me to jail for a year.” Brady recalls. “You got off way too easy, if you ask me.” Jackie says. “I actually agree with you. I’m ashamed of the things I did in the past, but ever since I got outta prison, I’ve been doing my best to stay on the straight and narrow.” Brady says. “He’s telling the truth. I know Brady has a really checkered past, but he’s a really good guy now.” Kristina adds. “Well I hope for the world’s sake that you’re right about that.” Jackie says. “Moving back to the current topic, is Agent Jennings here supposed to be Kristina’s backup?” Brady questions. “I am.” Jackie confirms. “Jackie is one of the WPA’s most elite operatives, Kristina couldn’t be in more capable hands.” Ciara says. “And how is she gonna get into the party undetected?” Brady wonders. “I got a job on Stefan’s security team, he knows me as Jacklyn Ryan. Basically, my job is to stand in the back of the room and observe the crowd, which is good, because it means I can keep a close eye on Kristina and Stefan without looking suspicious.” Jackie says. Jackie reveals a gun holstered to her waist, and then pulls up her pant leg, and reveals a gun holstered to her ankle. “And don’t worry, I’ve got plenty of firepower in case things go sideways.” Jackie says. “Oh...alright. Well, it looks like you’ve covered all your bases, sis.” Brady tells Ciara. “The WPA always takes as many precautions as necessary. So, are we ready to move?” Ciara asks. “Almost. I just need to change real quick. Before we go, is there anything else I should know?” Kristina asks. “Just try to watch your words around Stefan. Try to use fancy vocabulary to impress him, words you would expect to hear out of the mouth of someone named Princess Katerina Cat.” Ciara says. “I think I can manage that. Brb.” Kristina says, before taking the gown into the other room. Brady turns towards Jackie. “Protect Kristina with your life.” Brady urges. “Nothing is gonna happen to Kristina, you have my word.” Jackie assures Brady.

Outside Count Stefan’s castle, Kristina arrives at the front door, but is stopped by security. “Excuse me, madam, but I will need to see your invitation.” The guard says. Kristina scoffs. “An invitation? Surely you must be joking. Do you not recognize me? I am a princess after all.” Kristina notes. The guard doesn’t look amused. Finally, Kristina hands the guard her invitation. “Here!” Kristina snaps. “Please proceed into the castle.” The guard urges. “As if I EVER needed your permission, peasant!” Kristina says. Kristina sticks her tongue out at the guard, before walking inside. Once inside, Kristina smiles to herself. “This is WAY too much fun.” Kristina mutters. Kristina taps her earpiece. “Agent Jennings, can you hear me? I’m in the building. What about you?” Kristina asks. “I came in through the servant’s entrance. It wouldn’t have been smart if you and I came in together, we can’t give Stefan the idea that we know each other.” Jackie says. “Okay, so now that I’m inside the building, where do I go?” Kristina questions. “Excuse me, are you talking to someone?” A voice asks. Kristina turns, and sees an incredibly well dressed man standing there. She nervously laughs. “I was just talking to myself. Horrid habit, I realize. I’m just trying to figure out where to go now that I am past the front door. You would think they would have a map posted somewhere!” Kristina jokes. The man smiles. “A map...I suppose that is something I should consider for my next gathering.” The man says. “Your next gathering?” Kristina says. “Please, forgive my rudeness. My name is Count Stefan Cat, I am the owner of this castle, as well as this island.” Stefan introduces himself. “No apologies necessary. My name is-” Before Kristina can finish, Stefan cuts her off. “You needn’t introduce yourself. Of course I am familiar with Princess Katerina Cat, the bride Dongwa chose for his son.” Stefan says. “Dongwa may have chosen me for Liam, but I never chose Liam.” Kristina notes. “That is just as well. Liam was something of a disappointment to the Cat name. Gone are the days of Kitty Cat and Katie Cat, I’m afraid. But enough about the past, I must say that I was astonished to see your name on the guest list, Princess. I was under the impression you had distanced yourself from the Cat empire, out of some misguided loyalty to that horrendous Goo family.” Stefan says. “I’ve had a change of heart. Yes, I was married to Brady Goo. Technically I still am, but we are no longer together.” Kristina lies. “Oh...may I ask why?” Stefan asks. “I realized how disloyal I was being to my ancestors. The feud between the Dogs of Fantastic City and the Cats of Fishkit City goes back centuries, and the Goos are the sole modern representation of the Dogs since Queen Goo abolished that system years ago. So, for me to marry into that family...I realize now what a grave mistake I made. I betrayed my people, and I will forever feel ashamed.” Kristina says. “I’m pleased to see that you have come to your senses. As one of the only remaining members of the Cat monarchy, I would hate to turn away a fellow member based solely on their past mistakes. So, I would be more than happy to welcome you back into the fold. I assume that now you are separated from that glorified peasant, you are going to begin using the name you were born with once more, rather than that dull civilian name.” Stefan says. Kristina smiles. “Of course!” Kristina says. “Follow me, I would like to introduce you to the other guests.” Stefan says. “Who else is attending?” Kristina questions. “The party consists of remaining Cats, as well as allies of the Cat empire. Of course, you and I are the only members of the monarchy who were able to attend, given that the others have unfortunately passed away, all in Fantastic City. That wretched city is cursed, a death sentence for all Cats that ever step foot in it.” Stefan states. “I managed to escape with my life.” Kristina notes. “Barely. Surely you have not forgotten the near brush with death you experienced at the hand of that lunatic Joe Fish. But, we have wasted far too much time as is, so I won’t delve into that. Come, I would like to introduce you to our people.” Stefan says. Stefan takes Kristina’s hand, and leads her into a majestic looking ball room. “Oh my God, this is a literal, actual castle.” Kristina comments. “Were you expecting something else?” Stefan wonders. “I’m just so used to the Goo castle, which is like a regular house on the inside.” Kristina notes. “It isn’t surprising that the Goo family would have such ordinary taste. Yes, Queen Goo was royalty, but she never embraced it. Foolishly, she allowed that potential to remain untapped. There I go, talking about the Dogs and Queen Goo again, as if they are of any significance to me. Please, excuse me.” Stefan says, before walking off to mingle with his guests. Kristina taps on her ear piece. “Well I can definitely tell the count has it in for the Goo family.” Kristina says. “That’s because Stefan and Dongwa weren’t just colleagues, they were very good friends with similar ideals. My guess is Stefan was probably livid with the Goo family after Andy Goo killed Dongwa.” Jackie speculates. “HE’S livid? Dongwa tried to burn Andy and Rebecca alive! Andy was just defending himself!” Kristina notes. “Do you really think Stefan sees it that way? He probably thinks Dongwa was in the right to try and kill Andy and Rebecca.” Jackie says. “Katerina!” A voice calls out. Kristina notices Stefan motioning for her to join him. Kristina approaches Stefan. “I’d like to take a moment to introduce you to my guests.” Stefan tells her. Stefan loudly taps on his glass to get the attention of the crowd. The crowd goes silent, and they turn their attention to Stefan. “Good evening everyone! First, I would like to thank you all for coming. I realize that the house of Cat is not as populated as it once was. However, for those of you who remain, I am eternally grateful for your presence. I would also like to thank our allies for attending this evening. So many of our trusted allies lost faith in us after the unfortunate deaths of Dongwa and Kitty Cat, so for some of you to still be here, to still be supporting us...it is a great deal of comfort, and it proves that we have not been defeated just yet. With that being said, there has been a recent development which I believe is a positive sign for the future of our empire. There is a special guest here this evening, one of great importance and stature within the Cat monarchy, and I would like to introduce you all to her. Please bask in the glory of the one and only...Princess Katerina Cat.” Stefan says. Everyone begins clapping, and a confused Kristina bows. Stefan chuckles. “You needn’t degrade yourself in such a manner. Our guests should be the ones bowing before you! You are royalty!” Stefan points out. Stefan returns his attention to his guests. “Katerina was handpicked by our late king Dongwa to marry his son, who in later years adopted the name Liam Murphy. Though Katerina and Liam never did marry, lets not diminish Katerina’s role within the Cat monarchy. Whether or not she is bonded to Liam, she is still royalty to us, and as such should be treated with the upmost respect. Where has Katerina been all these years, you ask? Unfortunately, her loyalty to her people did waiver, and she married the nephew of Queen Molly Goo of Fantastic City.” Stefan reveals. People begin to boo Kristina. “Now now, settle down! Yes, Katerina made a colossal mistake, but she has since realized the error of her ways and she is here to embrace her heritage.” Stefan says. Stefan turns towards Kristina, and kisses her hand. “Thank you for returning to your people. This is where you belong.” Stefan says. Kristina nods. “I know that now.” Kristina says. Stefan smiles at Kristina, before turning towards the guests and raising his glass. “To the triumphant return of Princess Katerina Cat! May this be a resurgence of the Cat empire!” Stefan says. Everyone cheers, and raises their glasses. “After a rough start, you seem pretty popular with the party goers, and with Count Stefan.” Jackie comments in Kristina’s ear. Suddenly, Kristina notices a red dot on Stefan’s chest! “Stefan!” Kristina shouts. Kristina tackles Stefan to the floor, just as a loud shot is fired! The crowd erupts into chaos, as screams fill the ball room. “What just happened?!” Stefan questions. “I saved your life, that’s what! Someone shot at you.” Kristina reveals. Kristina helps Stefan to his feet, and he pulls out a radio. “What are you doing?” Kristina questions. Stefan holds the radio up to his mouth. “An attempt was just made on my life in the ball room, I want all available guards searching the compound! When you find the assailant, you are to deal with them appropriately.” Stefan says, before putting the radio away. “What does that mean?” Kristina asks. “The Cat empire does not operate within the same confines that the United States government does. When someone attempts to assassinate one of our people, we respond in kind.” Stefan says. “You’re gonna have the assassin killed.” Kristina realizes. “Its an appropriate punishment for someone who would dare try to assassinate a member of the Cat monarchy.” Stefan says. “Don’t worry, Kristina. I’ll get to the suspect before Stefan’s men can.” Jackie tells Kristina. “Why don’t we go somewhere a bit more quiet? Somewhere the assailant won’t be able to bother us.” Stefan suggests. “What about the party?” Kristina questions. “I don’t believe anyone is in a celebratory mood after that.” Stefan says. “In that case, lead the way.” Kristina says. Stefan takes her hand, and the two exit the ball room.

Jackie is walking down a corridor in the castle, on the phone. “Level with me Director Goo, did you send someone to kill Stefan?” Jackie asks. “Of course I didn’t! You know that isn’t how I operate!” Ciara says. “Okay, just thought I’d ask.” Jackie says. “Why? Is Stefan dead?” Ciara questions. “No, but he would be if Kristina didn’t push him out of the way, don’t ask me why she did that. Anyways, I’m in pursuit of the suspect now. When I find them, I’ll detain them, and find out what they know.” Jackie says. Jackie notices a masked man exiting a room, and quickly draws her gun. “Don’t move!” Jackie yells. The mystery assailant pulls out a gun, and fires a shot at Jackie! Jackie dives to the floor, and the assailant runs out a door. Jackie jumps to her feet and charges down the hall. Jackie pushes her way through the door, just in time to see the assailant jump over a railing into the bushes below. The assailant continues to run, as Jackie jumps over the railing herself, landing in the same bushes. The assailant reaches a stone footbridge, and as they are running over it, Jackie runs close enough to them to dive and tackle them to the ground! The assailant reaches for their gun, but Jackie pistol whips them! The assailant drops the gun, and Jackie throws it over the edge into the water! Jackie then shoves the barrel of her gun into their face. “Try anything like that again, and you’ll lose the right side of your face!” Jackie threatens. “Isn’t that already the plan? Didn’t your boss tell you to get rid of me after you caught up with me?” A familiar voice asks. “How could you know that?” Jackie asks. “I might have lifted a radio off of one of the other guards, after knocking him out and locking him in the closet of course. I thought about stealing his uniform too, passing myself off as one of the guards, but I’ve never looked good in a uniform.” The assailant says. “Who the hell are you?!” Jackie wonders. Jackie rips the mask off, and discovers the assailant is none other than Lysandros Masters!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down