QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biological Warfare: Episode 02

Go down

Biological Warfare: Episode 02 Empty Biological Warfare: Episode 02

Post by QG Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:44 pm

Stefan leads Kristina into a room with a lit fireplace. “Where are we?” Kristina asks. “This is my study.” Stefan reveals. “You don’t think the assailant can get to us in here?” Kristina asks. “You needn’t worry, the room is secure.” Stefan says. Stefan walks over to the door, and activates a high tech lock. “There! Now no one will be coming in...and no one will be going out.” Stefan says. Kristina nervously laughs. “Do you plan on keeping me prisoner or something?” Kristina asks. “My apologies if that came out the wrong way. I was just trying to convince you that you were safe in this room, I did not mean to frighten you.” Stefan says. “Sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion.” Kristina says. “No apology necessary. So, while we are waiting for my security team to deal with the assailant, perhaps you would like to join me for a drink.” Stefan suggests. “That sounds lovely.” Kristina says. Stefan walks over to the mini bar and pours two drinks. Stefan hands Kristina a glass. “So...you really don’t recognize me?” Stefan questions. “Should I?” Kristina wonders. “You and I met before, many years ago.” Stefan reveals. “Oh...well unfortunately, everything after my high school years, up until I woke up at the Acerbi clinic in Phoenix, Arizona is all a bit hazy.” Kristina says. “I heard about that ordeal.” Stefan admits. “When I woke up in the clinic, I didn’t even know who I was. Finally, I managed to escape, and I ended up in Fantastic, asking one of the city’s more powerful citizens for help.” Kristina says. “How exactly did you lose your memories in the first place?” Stefan wonders. “That was Lawrence Stanpatos’ doing. Like how Dongwa picked me for his son Liam, Lawrence picked me for his nephew Andre, to give him a child. Lawrence stole my eggs while I was at the clinic, and then used it to create an embryo that belonged to me and Andre.” Kristina recalls. “I’m sorry that happened to you.” Stefan says. Kristina shrugs. “It doesn’t really matter how anyway. Lawrence is dead, Andre is dead, and even before that, he was only obsessed with me for a quick minute, then he got bored of me.” Kristina says. “Really? That’s surprising. You seem like the type of person who is never boring.” Stefan observes. “Thank you, but I’m not gonna complain about Andre getting bored of me. It saved me potential YEARS of suffering at the hands of that immortal maniac.” Kristina says. “Whatever became of the child that you and Andre conceived together?” Stefan questions. “My baby girl was raised with Dylan Stanpatos and Ciara Goo as parents.” Kristina says. “Its never too late to stake a claim to the child. She is a Cat, of royal descent! She should not be raised as a member of the Stanpatos family! Though, in fairness, Andre Stanpatos was briefly king of the Cat empire many years ago. It boggles my mind how a travesty that severe came to pass.” Stefan says. “Sabrina might have my blood, but she isn’t my child. She belongs to Dylan and Ciara.” Kristina says. “Ah yes, that nuisance Dylan Stanpatos. As if he hasn’t caused enough trouble for us Cats as it is, he goes to claims one of our heirs as well.” Stefan says. “Even if I wanted to be a mother to Sabrina, I couldn’t because I was presumed dead not long after she was born. By the time I came back, Ciara had already bonded with Sabrina, and at the time, I wasn’t really mother material.” Kristina says. “You sound quite selfless. To be perfectly honest with you, I find it rather attractive.” Stefan says, before leaning in, and kissing Kristina!

Outside on the footbridge, Jackie stands up, and points her gun at Lysandros, who is still on the ground. “Get up.” Jackie demands. “Yes ma’am.” Lysandros says, before standing up. “For the record, I know who you are. You’re Lysandros Masters.” Jackie says. Lysandros smirks. “I’m flattered you recognize me.” Lysandros says. “Don’t be. The reason I know you is because the WPA has a file on you with more pages than the bible.” Jackie says. “How would you know how big the WPA’s file on me is? Aren’t you supposed to be working for Count Stefan?” Lysandros asks. “I’ll be the one asking the questions. What are you doing here?” Jackie asks. “I think that’s pretty obvious, I came to kill Count Stefan Cat. Now if you’d be kind enough to replace my weapon that you kicked into the river, I’ll be on my way to finish what I started.” Lysandros says. “That’s not gonna happen.” Jackie says. “I have a question.” Lysandros says. “What did I say earlier about questions? You don’t ask them, I do!” Jackie says. “Who are you? Because I get the distinct impression you don’t work for Stefan. Come on, it will be our little secret, its not like I’ll be confiding in Stefan anytime soon.” Lysandros says. Jackie sighs, and flashes her badge. “Agent Jackie Jennings, WPA.” Jackie reveals. “So you are WPA. Cool. In that case, I neglect to see why you are bothering me. I would think I’d be doing your bunch a favor by putting a bullet in Count Stefan’s chest.” Lysandros says. “What would give you that idea?” Jackie asks. “I assume the reason you’re here is to bring Stefan down. Why else would you be disguised as a member of his security team?” Lysandros questions. “Maybe I’m here because I caught wind of the fact that someone was plotting Stefan’s assassination.” Jackie suggests. “I doubt that. My employers are very careful with this sort of thing, there’s no way you’re here because of me.” Lysandros says. “Who are you answering to exactly?” Jackie questions. “I’m not at liberty to say, but if you ask nicely…” Lysandros says. Jackie aims her gun at Lysandros’ head. “If you don’t tell me what I want to know, I’ll kill you.” Jackie warns. “And here I thought the WPA tried to stay away from killing suspects. My bad.” Lysandros says. “Stop being a wise guy and just tell me who you work for!” Jackie demands. “I’d love to tell you, but it might be better just for me to show you. Permission to reach into my pocket?” Lysandros asks. “Go for it. But if you pull out anything besides an ID, I’m gonna shoot you.” Jackie says. Lysandros pulls out a badge, and flashes it to Jackie. “Agent Lysandros Masters...CIA.” Lysandros introduces himself. “Your CIA?” A surprised Jackie asks. “Its what the badge says. Now that we’ve gotten that cleared up, I have a target to go eliminate.” Lysandros says. “Oh my God, you have a one track mind! Get killing Stefan out of your head! Its not gonna happen!” Jackie shouts. “I’d like to see you try and stop me.” Lysandros says. “I’m armed, you’re not.” Jackie says. “I have another weapon.” Lysandros reveals. “I dare you to pull it and try to shoot me before I shoot you. Actually, I hope you do, because then I can go back and tell my superiors that killing you was self defense!” Jackie says. “You’ve thought of everything, haven’t you? So, if you’re not gonna kill me, and you’re not gonna let me kill Stefan, it appears we’re at a bit of a cross roads.” Lysandros points out. Jackie shrugs. “Not really. I could just arrest you for attempted murder.” Jackie points out. “Please don’t arrest me, my employers would be very unhappy.” Lysandros says. “As luck would have it, I can’t arrest you because I can’t leave the island.” Jackie reveals. “Does that mean I’m free to go?” Lysandros asks. “Hell no! If I can’t arrest you, I’ll just call someone else who can.” Jackie tells him.

At Brady and Kristina’s hotel room, Brady is pacing when he hears a knock at the door. Brady opens the door, and is disappointed to find Ciara outside. “Oh, its you…” Brady says. “Don’t look too happy to see me.” Ciara sarcastically says. “Sorry, I was hoping you were Kristina.” Brady says. “Wouldn’t Kristina have a key?” Ciara asks. “Yeah, I guess. Its kinda hard for me to think straight when my wife is out there putting her life on the line. So what’s going on? Is Kristina close to getting the info the WPA needs to arrest Stefan?” Brady asks. “Not quite...those plans were derailed a bit. Someone tried to kill Stefan at the party.” Ciara reveals. “Who?” Brady asks. “I have no idea. Last I heard, Agent Jennings was in pursuit of the suspect. Stefan got lucky. The only reason he’s alive is because Kristina pushed him out of the line of fire.” Ciara reveals. “Kristina saved him? Why the hell is she putting her life on the line for a guy that wants to kill everyone back in Fantastic? Ciara shrugs. “Common decency, maybe? Kristina has a mission, and it doesn’t involve Stefan dying.” Ciara says. “Yeah, but it would make things significantly simpler if Stefan croaked.” Brady points out. Before Ciara can respond, her phone rings, and she checks the Caller ID. “Its Agent Jennings.” Ciara says. Ciara answers. “Hey Jackie, do you have an update for me?” Ciara asks. “I do. I caught Stefan’s would be assassin...its Lysandros Masters.” Jackie reveals. Ciara’s eyes widen. “No way!” Ciara says. “There’s more. Lysandros was sent by the CIA to assassinate Stefan. I don’t have all the details, and if I stay here looking after Kristina, I’m not gonna get them. Is there any chance you could come by the island and pick up Lysandros?” Jackie asks. “I’ll be right there. What are you going to tell Stefan?” Ciara asks. “I’ll tell him that I killed the assassin and got rid of the body. It could work to my advantage, it could make Stefan trust me more.” Jackie notes. “Sounds like a plan, I’ll be there soon. Just whatever you do, don’t let our friend out of your sight.” Ciara says, before hanging up. Ciara turns towards Brady. “You’re never gonna believe who tried to kill Stefan. It was Lysandros.” Ciara reveals. “Lysandros Masters? The guy who shot me and made Kristina think I was dead? The guy who shot V.J?” Brady asks. “Mmhm. Apparently, Lysandros was acting on the orders of the CIA. I don’t have all the details, so I’m going to head to the island and take Lysandros into custody.” Ciara says. Ciara heads towards the door. “Hold on. Did Agent Jennings have any news on Kristina?” Brady asks. “I’m afraid not. But, in this case, no news could be good news. Don’t worry, I’ll let you know the minute I hear something.” Ciara says, before walking out, leaving an anxious Brady behind…

As Stefan is kissing Kristina, Kristina pulls away. “What are you doing?” Kristina asks. “I’m exhibiting my affection for you.” Stefan says. “But we just met!” Kristina points out. “We have known each other far longer than you remember. The truth is, I used to carry a torch for you back when we knew each other before, but unfortunately, Dongwa had other plans for you, and I had no choice but to accept that it wasn’t meant to be. But now...now the possibilities are endless! Now that you have unattached yourself from that wretched Goo, and are prepared to embrace your Cat heritage, we can rule the Cat monarchy together! No...we can rule the world together!” Stefan says. “That’s pretty big talk.” Kristina notes. “I think it is a feasible goal. But before we can achieve it, we have other matters we must attend to.” Stefan says. “What matters?” Kristina asks. Stefan takes Kristina’s hand. “Before I can tell you, I must know for sure that you are on my side, that you have pledged your allegiance to the Cat empire.” Stefan says. “I assure you, I am loyal to no one else.” Kristina says. “The truth is...I’ve been developing a weapon of sorts. A weapon that when deployed would cause absolute chaos. The weapon is very close to completion, and once its finished, I can finally avenge our fallen comrades by striking back against Fantastic City.” Stefan says. “You’re planning an attack on Fantastic.” Kristina says. “Of course I am. Those people are the reason that our king is dead! Andy Goo murdered him in cold blood, and he managed to evade justice! And Dongwa is not the only Cat to meet their untimely demise in that horrid city! Kitty Cat was murdered by that syringe serial killer, Dylan Cat jumped off of a building in order to escape V.J Goo, and Katie Cat fell off of a bridge after a fateful showdown with Joe Fish. Not only would I be doing this world a great favor by eliminating that city’s population, but I would be pleasing all of our ancestors, all of the Cats who tried to bring about the ruins of the Dogs and regretfully failed! That won’t happen this time. Generations of Cats have tried to destroy the Dogs, all of them colossally failed. I am going to break that pattern!” Stefan says. “Can you tell me what you’re planning?” Kristina asks. “I could do far better. The weapon is being developed in a laboratory right in this castle, I’d be more than happy to bring you to see it, assuming you are interested.” Stefan says. Kristina smiles. “I’m more than interested.” Kristina says. “Excellent. Please, follow me.” Stefan urges. “Can you wait for me in the hall? I just want to touch up my makeup real quick.” Kristina says. “Of course. Take your time.” Stefan says, before exiting the room. Kristina taps on her earpiece. Good news, I’ve already gotten Stefan to trust me. Apparently, he had a thing for me back in the day, so I already had a foundation to build off of.” Kristina says. “Did you find anything out about the weapon?” Jackie questions. “He’s bring me to see it right now.” Kristina reveals. “Good, that means this is almost over...just be careful.” Jackie tells her. “I will. Wait, whatever happened with Stefan’s assassin?” Kristina asks. “He’s in custody. I’m gonna tell Stefan that I killed him and got rid of the body. In the meantime, I’ll give him time to show you the weapon. Once you know where the weapon is, a team of agents will be sent in to retrieve it, and to arrest Stefan.” Jackie says. “Okay, I’ll keep you posted.” Kristina says. Kristina then exits the room…

“Who were you talking to?” Lysandros questions. “A colleague.” Jackie says. “Was that colleague Kristina Cat? I couldn’t help but notice she was in attendance at the party, since she’s the one who saved Stefan from certain death.” Lysandros says. “Better luck next time.” Jackie says. “Will there be a next time? Or is the WPA gonna drop me off at some black site where I’ll probably never be heard from again?” Lysandros questions. “What happens next probably depends on the impression you make on the director.” Jackie says. Jackie looks past Lysandros and smiles. “And there she is now!” Jackie says. Lysandros turns around, and sees Ciara. “Lysandros Masters, why am I not surprised you’re involved in this?” Ciara asks. “Hello Ciara, you’re looking well.” Lysandros says. “How’s Clara?” Ciara questions. “Just fine, thanks for asking.” Lysandros says. “Wait, do you two know each other on a personal level?” Jackie questions. “Lysandros is married to my cousin Clara.” Ciara reveals. “Will that be a conflict of interest for you?” Jackie wonders. “Don’t worry, I have no use for Lysandros.” Clara says. “Conflicts of interest work both ways, you know. Yes, it would be a conflict of interest if you adored me, but it would also be one if you despised me. It jades one’s objectivity.” Lysandros says. “I can be objective, even in the presence of the scum of the earth.” Ciara says. Ciara turns towards Jackie. “Is there any update on our colleague?” Ciara asks. “You mean Kristina, right?” Lysandros asks. Ciara shoots a glare at Jackie. “I didn’t say anything, he just assumed we were working with Kristina! And to answer your question, it sounds like our colleague is close to completing the mission.” Jackie says. “Good, keep me posted. In the meantime, I’m going to take Mr. Masters to the mainland for questioning.” Ciara says, as she handcuffs Lysandros. “Good luck.” Jackie says. “Thanks. I might need it with this one.” Ciara says, before dragging Lysandros away.

In the lab underneath Stefan’s castle, Stefan opens the door, and is shocked to find his scientist face down on the floor! Stefan and Kristina run over to the scientist, and when Stefan turns him over, it is revealed to be Doctor Andropov! “Oh my God, Andropov?!” Kristina asks. “I take it the two of you know each other?” Stefan asks. “Andropov is the one who turned me into The Evil Force! What’s he even doing here?!” Kristina asks. “Doctor Andropov is an old Cat associate who I recruited to develop my weapon. Andropov was developing it in the lab at The Evil Force’s castle, but after the castle blew up, Andropov relocated here.” Stefan says. Stefan begins to shake Andropov awake. “Come on, Doctor, wake up!” Stefan urges. Andropov opens his eyes. “Its gone!” Andropov shouts. “What are you talking about?” Stefan asks. “The weapon...its been stolen!” Andropov reveals. “DAMN! It must have been the person who tried to kill me! Not only did they come to kill me, but to steal my greatest, most powerful asset. Was this person wearing a mask when they stole the weapon?” Stefan questions. Andropov shakes his head. “They weren’t. In fact, I recognized the person!” Andropov reveals. “Who was it?” Kristina asks. “It was Josephine Acerbi.” Andropov claims!

Ciara leads Lysandros into an interrogation room. “Where are we?” Lysandros questions. “WPA West Coast headquarters.” Ciara reveals. “You really should put a suggestion in with the director that they should hire a better interior decorator. Oh wait, that’s you, isn’t it?” Lysandros asks. “Lets just skip over the small talk. Why did you try to kill Count Stefan Cat?” Ciara questions. “As I tried explaining to the enchanting Agent Jennings, I was sent by the CIA to kill Stefan.” Lysandros says. “Why would the CIA want him dead?” Ciara asks. “That’s classified. By the way, since this is an interrogation, aren’t I entitled to legal representation?” Lysandros asks. “The WPA isn’t a U.S owned agency. Yes, we do have permission from the country to operate on its soil, but that doesn’t mean we have to follow all of its rules. So to answer your question, no, you aren’t entitled to legal representation, and if you don’t start talking, things could get very messy for you.” Ciara warns. “Are you threatening to kill me if I don’t comply?” Lysandros asks. “No, but you will wish you were dead if you don’t answer my questions. The WPA has an entire team of operatives that specialize in enhanced interrogation, and I’d be more than happy to leave you in the room with them if you don’t tell me what I want to know! Lets see how long you can hold out before you start spilling everything the CIA told you.” Ciara says. “Before you start waterboarding me, I’d be happy to tell you everything you want to know. Just ask me a question, and I’ll answer it to the best of my ability.” Lysandros says. “How long have you been working for the CIA?” Ciara asks. “That’s irrelevant to the case at hand.” Lysandros argues. “Just answer the damn question.” Ciara tells him. “I accepted a job from the CIA right before Clara and I left Fantastic three years ago. In fact, that job is the reason why we left. After accepting the job, I wanted to live close by to the CIA’s headquarters in D.C, so that’s where we moved.” Lysandros says. “Did they give you a desk job?” Ciara asks. “Does it look like I’ve been working behind a desk?” Lysandros asks. “How does Clara feel about you running off every time the CIA has a new assignment? I can’t imagine she’s too happy about that.” Ciara says. “We’re drifting too far off topic.Clara’s feelings about my job has nothing to do with my attempted assassination of Stefan Cat. Now can we stop discussing my love life and go back to talking about how your agent stopped me from completing my mission?” Lysandros asks. “Alright. Why do the CIA want Stefan dead?” Ciara asks. “The CIA got a tip that Stefan was developing a dangerous weapon that he plans on unleashing on Fantastic. That spooked one of his associates, so they gave an anonymous tip to the CIA. I’m guessing the WPA got the same tip, hence Agent Jennings’ presence at the compound. Is that why Kristina is there, too?” Lysandros questions. “I’m the one asking the questions, not you. Why did the CIA order you to kill Stefan? Why not just retrieve the weapon and apprehend him?” Ciara asks. “The CIA has as much faith in the judicial system these days as most people do. Stefan is a Cat, and that sort of clout is enough to help him beat any charges. And even if by some miracle he didn’t beat the charges, he probably would’ve escaped somehow. That’s why the CIA devised a more permanent solution.” Lysandros says. “What were the CIA’s plans for the weapon?” Ciara questions. “I have no idea, the CIA didn’t give me any instructions regarding the weapon, not that it’d be much of a threat anyways. Once Stefan is dead, he wouldn’t be able to use it.” Lysandros notes. “That doesn’t necessarily mean the weapon is no longer a threat! Someone else could still come along and take the weapon for themselves, and for that reason, as long as it exists, it is a danger to this world!” Ciara points out. “Well since you seem to have it all figured out, how exactly were you gonna execute this mission?” Lysandros wonders. “My plan was to send Kristina in to get close enough to Stefan so she would find out where he is keeping the weapon, then I would send a team of agents in to retrieve it. Once we had the weapon in hand, we would arrest Stefan for what he was planning.” Ciara says. “There’s just one flaw with your plan. It hinges on Stefan staying in jail.” Lysandros notes. “Even if Stefan found a way out of jail, the weapon would no longer be a factor. The second the agency gets their hands on it, I plan on destroying it.” Ciara says. “A lot of good that would do. Stefan would just create something newer and better.” Lysandros says. “You don’t know that. But, at least we’d know this weapon would no longer be a threat.” Ciara says. “I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. So, when do I get to leave?” Lysandros asks. “Are you serious? Not only did you try to kill a man tonight, but you interfered with an active WPA operation. So far Lysandros, you haven’t given me any reason not to drop you in a deep dark hole somewhere and forget you ever existed!” Ciara tells him.

“Josephine can’t be the person who stole the weapon, you bald headed loon, she’s DEAD!” Kristina points out to Andropov. “As I recall, Josephine Acerbi was a casualty of the explosion at Andy Goo and Rebecca Rogers’ wedding.” Stefan says. “She was, which is why its impossible for the thief to be Josephine!” Kristina says. “I know what I saw! It was most definitely Josephine Acerbi!” Andropov shouts. “It wouldn’t be the first time Josephine has risen from the dead, nor would it be the first time she has betrayed her own people.” Stefan says. “I always forget that Josephine is a Cat.” Kristina says. “Josephine herself often forgot that tidbit.” Stefan adds. “Okay...the last time Josephine came back from the dead, it was because Andre Stanpatos had faked her death. But obviously, Andre isn’t involved this time because HE’S dead. Besides, I can’t see Josephine busting in here and stealing whatever weapon you were working on, she would want to go and tell her Mom she was alive first. So, there are only two explanations. One, Andropov has completely lost it, even more than he already has. Or two, there is someone out there who looks exactly like Josephine.” Kristina says. “Whoever this person is, they will pay dearly for crossing me.” Stefan growls. Stefan turns towards Andropov. “You’re dismissed for the evening. You should go and rest after having experienced such a terrible ordeal.” Stefan says. “Thank you, sir. And...I am terribly sorry for losing the weapon.” Andropov says. Stefan chuckles. “We haven’t lost anything. If the culprit has any brains, they will soon realize that there is no hiding from a Cat. They could conceal themselves in the darkest corner of the planet, but they would not be able to avoid the inevitable.” Stefan says. “I hope you’re right. Please contact me if the weapon is recovered.” Andropov says. “Of course. Good night.” Stefan says. Andropov walks out. “So, what’s the plan?” Kristina asks. “Please excuse me, I need to go make a phone call.” Stefan says, before exiting the lab. Once he’s gone, Kristina taps on her ear piece. “Jackie, can you hear me?” Kristina asks. “Do you have an update for me?” Jackie asks. “You first. What’s going on with Stefan’s would be assailant?” Kristina questions. “The person who tried to kill Stefan was Lysandros Masters, and he’s apparently working for the CIA.” Jackie reveals. Kristina’s eyes widen. “Lysandros with the CIA? I can’t believe he’d help anyone that isn’t himself.” Kristina says. “He’s not a problem anymore, Director Goo took him into custody. So how are things on your end? Did you find the weapon?” Jackie asks. “I came close. Stefan brought me to see the weapon, but it turns out...someone stole it. First, let me just note that Doctor Ilia Andropov is the one who created the weapon, and he’s also the one who identified the person who stole it: Josephine Acerbi.” Kristina reveals. “Josephine Acerbi? She’s a former WPA agent, one of the greats...I also heard that Joe Fish killed her.” Jackie says. “He did, which is why none of this makes any sense.” Kristina says. “You know, this might make more sense than you realize. I think I know who’s behind this. I’ll be in touch.” Jackie says, before hanging up. Stefan returns to the room. “Any luck finding the weapon?” Kristina questions. “I have my best people searching. It won’t be long before the culprit is caught, and dealt with.” Stefan says. Kristina sighs. “This has been quite the night.” Kristina says. “I’m inclined to agree. Its not every night where I’m nearly assassinated and my greatest asset is stolen by someone who is supposedly dead.” Stefan notes. “This can’t be Josephine.” Kristina says. “I agree. But, whoever is behind this made a grave mistake by stealing from the Cats.” Stefan says. “And I’m sure you’ll make them pay. Anyways, I should get going.” Kristina says. “You could always stay.” Stefan suggests. “We just met.” Kristina points out. “I wasn’t suggesting we share the same bed. All I meant was that you should stay under this roof. This is your home, after all.” Stefan says. Kristina turns her back to Stefan. “I’m not sure…” Kristina says. “I neglect to see the problem. You’ve turned your back on your former paramour, you have no reason to return to Fantastic City, or wherever it is you are staying. Unless...there’s something you’re not telling me.” Stefan says. Kristina turns back towards Stefan, and fakes a smile. “You’re right, there really is no reason for me to leave.” Kristina claims. Stefan smiles. “That’s wonderful news. I’ll go and have the maid prepare your room, I’ll be back shortly.” Stefan says. “Thank you.” Kristina says. “Of course.” Stefan says, before kissing Kristina on the cheek. Stefan then exits the lab, and Kristina pulls out her phone. “Please don’t be mad...please don’t be mad…” Kristina mutters, as she dials a number. “Hello?” Brady answers. “Its me.” Kristina reveals. “Thank God! You don’t know how worried I’ve been! Is it over? Is Stefan in jail?” Brady asks. “Its a bit more complicated than that. Long story short, the weapon got stolen, and now I’m spending the night.” Kristina says. “Hang on, that wasn’t part of the deal! You were supposed to find the weapon, get a confession out of Stefan, and then let the WPA handle the rest!” Brady reminds Kristina. “Stefan admitted he was planning on using some kind of weapon on Fantastic City, but that confession is useless without the weapon to back it up! So, I need to stay here until I know for sure its safe to go. Besides, I originally turned Stefan down, and I could tell it set off some alarms for him, so I didn’t really have a choice.” Kristina says. “I don’t feel comfortable with you staying under the same roof as that lunatic, I’m coming to get you!” Brady says. “Excuse me! I am not just some possession that you can come and collect! I might be your wife, but I’m my own woman, and I know what I’m doing! Look, I get why you’re worried, but I really don’t think Stefan is a threat to me right now, not as long as I play along. So, as long as I keep up the act, Stefan should behave himself.” Kristina says. “If you wanna ease my nerves, you better make sure the WPA is having you shadowed at all times.” Brady says. “I doubt Agent Jennings wants to spend the night, but I’m sure Ciara wouldn’t have any trouble finding someone to work the night shift. Don’t worry, everything is gonna be okay.” Kristina says. “I hope so. I love you.” Brady tells her. “I love you too, and nothing is going to stop me from coming home to you.” Kristina says.

“Despite our vastly different methods, we are on the same side.” Lysandros tells Ciara. “Maybe, but we want very different things. I want to recover the weapon and arrest Stefan, you just want Stefan dead.” Ciara says. “Is that a crime? Actually, don’t answer that. And for the record, I don’t want Stefan dead. I’m just following orders.” Lysandros says. “Like you give a damn about anyone’s orders.” Ciara says. Ciara’s phone rings. “I need to take this.” Ciara says. Ciara answers. “Agent Jennings, what’s up?” Ciara asks. “Kristina’s mission took an unexpected turn. She just told me that the weapon has been stolen from the Cats...by someone who looks exactly like Josephine Acerbi.” Jackie reveals. “Did Kristina see this person with her own two eyes?” Ciara asks. “No, the weapon’s creator, Doctor Ilia Andropov, did.” Jackie says. Ciara sighs. “I should’ve known Andropov was involved in this. What I didn’t expect was Josephine’s involvement.” Ciara says. “Josephine is dead.” Jackie points out. “I know. I also think I know who’s behind this.” Ciara says. “Same here.” Jackie admits. “Check in with Kristina, and in the meantime, I’ll pull up the file on our burglar. I’ll be in touch.” Ciara says, before hanging up. “Did I hear you mention Josephine’s name? Were you talking about Josephine Acerbi?” Lysandros asks. “Doctor Andropov is the person who developed the weapon for Stefan, and apparently, Josephine Acerbi broke in and stole it.” Ciara reveals. “That’s impossible. Josephine went up in flames, along with the Goo castle.” Lysandros says. “I know that, but do you see now? This is EXACTLY what I warned you about! This is why I wanted to retrieve the weapon, so it wouldn’t fall into the wrong hands! Now, someone else has absconded with it, someone who I’m pretty sure isn’t Josephine Acerbi! God only knows what she plans on doing with it, or who she plans on using it on!” Ciara says. “I can see your point of view a bit more clearly now. Allow me to make it up to you. Let me help you.” Lysandros urges. “I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Ciara says. “I know you despise me, but you have to admit I have an excellent skill set.” Lysandros notes. “Its true, you could be an asset. But how do I know you won’t betray me and kill Stefan?” Ciara asks. “You have my word.” Lysandros claims. “That’s not good enough.” Ciara says. “Its gonna have to be. Lives are at stake, and I think we can both agree that we need as many people on this case as possible. So, am I on the team or not?” Lysandros questions. Ciara sighs. “I think I have a pretty good idea on who stole the weapon. In fact, the WPA has a file on her. Wait here.” Ciara says. “I’m not going anywhere.” Lysandros says. Ciara glares at him, before walking out…

In Andropov’s lab, Kristina takes a call from Jackie. “Hey, what’s up?” Kristina asks. “Its getting late. Are you ready to wrap up for the night?” Jackie questions. “Um...I can’t leave. Stefan wanted me to stay the night, and when I refused, I could tell he was suspicious.” Kristina says. “Okay, I understand why you’d be nervous, but you can’t stay all night! I need to get out there and find that weapon before Stefan does, before this Josephine imposter can use it!” Jackie says. “Can’t you find some other WPA agent to watch over me? In case I need back up?” Kristina asks. Jackie sighs. “Its possible, I’m just not cool with the idea of leaving you with that monster.” Jackie says. “I don’t think Stefan would hurt me, not as long as I play around. I just need to stay here long enough for the WPA to get what they need to put Stefan away.” Kristina says. “I’ll see what I can do.” Jackie says. “Thanks.” Kristina says. Stefan returns, and Kristina hangs up the phone. “Who were you on the phone with?” Stefan wonders. “I wanted to cancel the hotel room I was staying at, but they’re closed for the night.” Kristina lies. “Oh, well I’d be more than happy to reimburse you.” Stefan tells her. “I appreciate that, but my wallet can take the hit.” Kristina says. Stefan smiles. “I am so pleased you’re staying. You will be much happier in this house, with your own kind, than you ever were married to that suburban filth.” Stefan says. Kristina fakes a smile.

At WPA headquarters, Ciara rejoins Lysandros in the interrogation room, with a file in her hand. “Is that the person who stole the weapon from Stefan?” Lysandros questions. “I believe so.” Ciara says. Ciara opens the file, and places it on the table in front of Lysandros. “Her name is Josephine Dog.” Ciara reveals. “Stupid name. So what would Josephine Dog want with the weapon? Is she planning on using it?” Lysandros questions. “Given what little I know about her, probably not, which leads me to think that Josephine Dog isn’t the mastermind here. Someone paid her to steal that weapon.” Ciara assumes.

Inside an apartment complex in Prague, Josephine Dog is standing in the hallway knocking on someone’s door, holding a briefcase. The person doesn’t open the door, and Josephine Dog sighs. “If you don’t hurry up and open this door, I’ll go and take my business somewhere else!” Josephine Dog warns. Finally, the door opens, and the person inside is revealed to be Sonia Mergeron(Played by Melody Thomas Scott)! “Its about time.” Sonia says. “Your not the one who’s been standing out in the hallway for forever. Anyways, I brought what you asked for.” Josephine Dog says. “Are you certain you stole the correct item?” Sonia questions. “I don’t know, maybe you should open it up and try it. See if you die or not.” Josephine Dog sarcastically says. Sonia opens up the briefcase, and it is revealed that several vials are stored inside! “Those vials contain a weaponized, evolved, more deadly version of the bubonic plague, and anyone that is lucky enough to have it will be unstoppable.” Josephine Dog says. Sonia smiles. “That is exactly what I wanted to hear.” Sonia says...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down