QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S5 Episode 92(4/3/24)

Go down

Fantastic S5 Episode 92(4/3/24) Empty Fantastic S5 Episode 92(4/3/24)

Post by QG Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:53 am

At Baronville, Lydia is led into the visiting room where she finds Serena sitting on the other side of the glass. Lydia sits down and picks up the phone. “Hey, I didn’t expect to see you again so soon.” Lydia says. “I didn’t expect to be dropping by again so soon. But…because of a recent development, I kinda had to.” Serena says. “What recent development? Is everything okay?” Lydia wonders. “I’m here to say goodbye, I’m leaving town.” Serena says. Lydia’s eyes widen. “What? Why? I mean, I know that when you came back a few months ago, you only did so to see me because I had returned from the dead, but I figured with V.J back and Colin living in town now that the two of you would want to stick around.” Lydia says. “Believe me, I’d love to stick around Fantastic, but V.J has some stuff going on that needs to be taken care of, and unfortunately we can’t do that here in Fantastic.” Serena says. “What sort of stuff?” Lydia asks. “Mother’s conditioning of him is still active, and V.J is afraid that even though she’s dead, she might still be able to control him.” Serena says. “So what are you going to do about it?” Lydia wonders. “Ciara suggested a doctor who specializes in deprogramming, but unfortunately, this doctor lives in Ireland. We don’t know how long the deprogramming could take so we could be gone for quite a while.” Serena says. “I see…” Lydia says. “I’m sorry, sis. I hate to be leaving now when you need all the support you can get.” Serena says. “Don’t apologize. It sounds like V.J probably needs you more than I do. I completely understand why you have to leave.” Lydia says. “On the plus side, V.J and I are actually gonna get married before we leave town.” Serena says. Lydia smiles. “Seriously? That’s wonderful! Congratulations!” Lydia exclaims. “Thanks. We’ve decided to do it in the Goo castle garden, the same place we were supposed to get married years ago, you know, before everything went to hell.” Serena says. “That sounds great, I really wish I could be there.” Lydia says. “Yeah, me too. You know you’re my first choice for matron of honor.” Serena says. “Just like you’re going to be my choice when Lucas and I finally get married. You know, assuming it doesn’t happen in a prison visiting room.” Lydia says. “It won’t. Despite my feelings about Lucas, I know he’s gonna move heaven and earth to clear your name and make sure you get out of this hellhole.” Serena says. “I just hope that’s enough…but enough about that, I don’t want to bring down the mood on your big day. Speaking of which, now that you’ve said your goodbye, you should probably be going. I’m sure you have a lot to do today since you’re getting married AND leaving town.” Lydia says. “That’s probably a good idea…hey, I love you sis, never forget that. And I promise that I am gonna come back. As soon as V.J’s head has been wiped clean of mother’s brainwashing, he and I are gonna come back to Fantastic and we’re gonna stay in Fantastic.” Serena says. “I’ll be counting the days. Goodbye Serena, and good luck.” Lydia says. “Good luck to you too.” Serena says. Lydia stands up and the guard leads her out of the visiting room. Once Lydia is gone, a tear rolls down Serena’s face.

In the living room of the Goo Castle, V.J is on the phone. “Brady, it’s me again. I’m sure by now you must’ve heard that I’m alive and well, which is why it’s kinda weird that you haven’t called yet to say “hey bro, so glad you aren’t dead!”. Hope everything is okay, just…please call me when you get the chance, k? Take care, buddy.” V.J says, before hanging up. Ciara walks in. “Everything okay?” Ciara asks. “You tell me. Is everything good with Brady?” V.J wonders. Ciara tenses up. “Why would you ask?” Ciara wonders. “I just think it’s kinda weird he hasn’t gotten in touch with me since I’ve been back. I’m sure he’s heard by now that I’m alive.” V.J says. “I’m sure he’s probably just busy…” Ciara claims. “Too busy to give his undead brother a call? I’m not too picky, all I need is a hello from him. It’s not like I’m looking for some proclamation of love.” V.J says. “Brady has been through a lot these last few years, I’m still not sure he’s completely recovered.” Ciara says. “What happened?” V.J asks. “For starters, you know that Kristina isn’t actually dead, right?” Ciara asks. “Madeline mentioned something about Andropov bringing her back to life. I’m guessing her and Brady are probably back together, right?” V.J asks. “No, they actually broke up a couple of years ago.” Ciara reveals. “What? What happened?” V.J asks. “Kristina was pregnant with Brady’s child. One day, Brady picked a fight with her over a misunderstanding and Kristina ended up miscarrying the baby. Kristina blamed Brady, Brady blamed himself, and then he started drinking again. Not only that, but Brady was also pretty pissed at Dad over cheating on Mom all those years ago. Can’t say I blame him on that one.” Ciara says. “So how is Brady now?” V.J asks. “He’s sober. Him and Kristina still aren’t together and I’m sure he still misses her, just like he probably still misses their baby.” Ciara says. “Damn, I can’t imagine how tough that must’ve been for him. I wish I could’ve been here, maybe I could’ve done something to help.” V.J says. “Brady was in an incredibly dark place, I don’t think there’s anything that anyone could’ve done to help him. He’s…he’s doing better now, though. Emotionally I mean.” Ciara says. “Then why hasn’t he called me? I know Brady and I have had our issues over the years, but we buried the hatchet a long time ago.” V.J notes. “I don’t know V.J, I really don’t.” Ciara lies. “Well whatever’s going on, I just hope our baby bro is okay. Anyways, I should probably head upstairs and get dressed.” V.J says. “Do you have a tux?” Ciara asks. “Course I have a tux. Serena held on to the one I planned on wearing for the last wedding.” V.J says. “Almost like the last seven years never happened.” Ciara says. “Yeah, if only…” V.J mutters. The doorbell rings. “I better go get that.” V.J says, before walking out. Ciara looks up at Queen Goo’s portrait. “You have no idea how badly I wanted to tell V.J about Brady…but I can’t. If Lawrence were to find out that I told anyone, he wouldn’t hesitate to kill Brady. I promise you one thing though, I’m not gonna rest until my brother is home safe, and when he is…Lawrence Stanpatos is a dead man.” Ciara says.

Out in the foyer, V.J opens the door and finds Bethany and Kaylie standing outside. “V.J?” Kaylie asks. “Last time I checked. You’re…you’re Detective Simms, right? Kaylie? I remember you.” V.J says. Kaylie walks over to V.J and hugs him. “It’s so good to see you alive!” Kaylie tells him. “Uh…thanks! It’s good to be alive!” V.J says. “I’m sure you remember that Kaylie was a part of the drug bust where you got shot. Seeing what happened to you back then really shook her up.” Bethany says. “That moment where you went down has been haunting my mind ever since, so when I found out that you were alive…I was thrilled! I know we didn’t get to work together all that much, but I really liked you.” Kaylie says. “I really liked you, too. From everything I saw of you, you seemed like a pretty great cop.” V.J says. “High praise coming from one of the best.” Kaylie notes. “Eh, I’m alright I guess. Hey, you wanna stick around? I’m actually gonna be getting married in about an hour.” V.J says. “To Serena?” Bethany asks. “Do you know of anyone else I’d want to marry?” V.J asks. “Wow, that was fast.” Bethany notes. “If our special day hadn’t been ruined last time, Serena and I would’ve been married years ago. Besides, we want to get it out of the way before we leave town.” V.J says. “You’re leaving already?” Kaylie asks. “Yeah, I’ve…I’ve got some stuff I need to take care of out of town, I’m not really sure how long I’ll be gone for. But would you do me a favor, Kaylie? Save a spot on the force for me. The second I come back, I plan on going back to work.” V.J says. Kaylie smiles. “I’ll do that, and I’m sure the commissioner will have no problem doing that as well.” Kaylie says. “Great. Well I’ve got a wedding to get ready for, so I’m gonna head upstairs. Are you two gonna stick around?” V.J wonders. “I’d love to. Beth?” Kaylie asks. “Is there gonna be free booze?” Bethany asks. “Enough to get a dinosaur wasted.” V.J jokes. Bethany smiles. “I’m there!” Bethany says. “Great. See you all at the wedding then.” V.J says, before heading upstairs.

In the living room, Ciara pours herself a drink when Bethany and Kaylie walk in. “Getting drunk already? The wedding hasn’t even started yet.” Bethany points out. Ciara turns towards them. “Bethany Wilson. What the hell are you doing here?” Ciara questions. “V.J invited me. Isn’t that grand?” Bethany asks. “I’m gonna have to have a little talk with him about that, let him know he should consider enforcing a rule about not inviting home wrecking whores.” Ciara says. “Watch the way you talk about my girlfriend!” Kaylie warns. “It’s okay, Kay. Ciara here is just a little butt hurt that I was able to satisfy Alexios when she couldn’t.” Bethany says. “That’s code for she slept with him while we were still in a relationship.” Ciara recalls. “Which never would have happened if you weren’t half way across the world for months on end and if the two of you weren’t already having problems!” Bethany argues. “So that makes it okay that you slept with my boyfriend? News flash, it doesn’t matter that we were having problems! He and I were still in a relationship! Of course why would I expect that to matter to you? I heard that the day you slept with Alexios, you had already planted a kiss on my cousin Andy! I guess he was just the warm up, Alexios was the main event.” Ciara says. Bethany shrugs. “What happened with Andy was a mistake, I’ve apologized to Rebecca and we’ve patched things up. In fact, we’ve even become besties in the past few years! Isn’t that terrific? Don’t worry though Ciara, I’m sure she hasn’t forgotten about you.” Bethany says. “It still boggles my mind that Rebecca would give you even a second of civility after all the crap you’ve pulled.” Ciara says. “I’ve been here supporting her through some difficult times these last few years, where have you been?” Bethany asks. “Okay, I think it’s time we all head to our separate corners. We don’t want to ruin V.J and Serena’s special day with a brawl, do we?” Kaylie asks. “I need some air anyways.” Ciara says, before walking out the patio door. “I have not missed that bitch one bit…” Bethany mutters. “I don’t know Beth, it sounds like she has some valid reasons to hate your guts.” Kaylie notes. “Who’s side are you on?!” Bethany questions. “Yours, of course! It’s just that you did kinda sleep with her boyfriend, so I get why she wouldn’t be completely friendly towards you. I do resent her calling you names though.” Kaylie says. “Thank you. And don’t ever tell her I said this, but I do realize that the way Alexios and I first got together was wrong, and the way I handled it afterwards was even worse. But, everything ended up working out the way it was supposed to.” Bethany says. “I’d say so. You and I are together.” Kaylie says. “And I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Bethany says, before pulling Kaylie into a kiss.

Out in the garden, Ava is standing on a ladder, setting up some lights on the surrounding trees, when she loses her footing! Ava falls off of the ladder but Colin races over to her and manages to catch her. “Nice save!” Ava says. “Thanks. Are you okay?” Colin asks. “Yeah, I’m fine.” Ava says. “Good…that’s great.” Colin says. “Yeah…you can put me down now.” Ava says. Colin smiles. “Right, sorry.” Colin says, before putting Ava down. “Thank you for agreeing to help me set things up by the way, even though it ended up endangering your life.” Colin says. Ava shrugs. “My life wasn’t in any danger.” Ava says. “You fell off of a ladder, you could have hit your head on something.” Colin points out. “I’ve got a hard head, just ask my parents.” Ava says. Andy and Rebecca walk onto the scene. “Wow, look at this!” Andy exclaims. “This is coming out really nice! Remind me to call the two of you the next time I throw any sort of party and need some decorating done.” Rebecca says. “Okay, but just to warn you, my rates aren’t cheap.” Ava says. “Not even for family?” Rebecca asks. “Especially not for family.” Ava says. “That’s alright, I think we can afford you and your special talents. Great job, sweetie. You too, Colin.” Andy says. “Thank you. I just really want everything to look magnificent for my mother and V.J’s big day, especially given how long they’ve waited for this day to come.” Colin says. “There was quite a bit of time where your mother never thought this day would come. I’m so glad it has, though. The two of them made for a spectacular couple, and I’m so very happy they are finally getting a day where they can celebrate their love.” Rebecca says. “Me too. I don’t remember much about them together, but my mother has told me plenty of stories. I’m glad they’re getting a second chance at love.” Colin says. “Me too. Some people are lucky to get a first chance at love, so the fact that V.J and Serena are getting a second makes them all the more lucky.” Andy says.

In Baronville, Lydia is sitting on the bottom bunk in her cell when a guard leads Zoey in. “Oh, it’s you.” Zoey mutters. “Were you expecting someone else?” Lydia asks. “I just wasn’t expecting to see you here. With all the visitors you seem to get, you spend more time in the visiting room than you do our cell.” Zoey notes. “Are you jealous? So many people come here to visit me, but I’m willing to bet not a single person has come to see you in the three years you’ve been locked up here. All you’ve got going for you is your cushy job in the laundry room.” Lydia says. “At least I don’t have anyone on the outside that I’m longing to reunite with. What about you? You know, I just happened to be passing by the visiting room when your sister had stopped by earlier. I couldn’t help but overhear that she’s getting married today.” Zoey says. “So?” Lydia asks. “It must really hurt that you aren’t able to attend, huh? Your sister is getting married to the love of her life, having a grand old time, and then there’s poor, hopeless Lydia, alone in her tiny little jail cell. Well, I suppose you aren’t technically alone. At least you’ve got me, right?” Zoey asks. “Go to hell!” Lydia snaps. “I’m already there, darling. Fortunately for me, I’ve got company.” Zoey says. “Not for long. Lucas is going to prove that I didn’t kill Mia in cold blood.” Lydia says. “You best hope so, otherwise you are never going to see the outside of these prison walls. I mean, it was difficult for me to come to terms with spending twenty years in here, I cannot imagine having to spend the rest of my life locked up. By the looks of it, you’ll be able to imagine that pretty soon. Don’t worry though, when I do eventually get out of here, perhaps I’ll be able to help Lucas put back together the pieces of his broken heart. I’m sure he’d be most grateful.” Zoey says. Lydia stands up. “Shut the hell up!” Lydia snaps. “Oh dear, looks like I touched a bit of a nerve. Better be careful Lydia, you wouldn’t want to make a spectacle of yourself. You could end up getting tossed into solitary confinement.” Zoey says. “Honestly? It might just be worth it to wipe that smug smirk off of your face. Well you can stand there and taunt me all you’d like, Zoey. Just remember one thing. I’m in here because I was framed, you’re here because you belong here. So when the time comes for justice to prevail, and that time WILL come, I am going to be back home with the love of my life, and you’re still going to be stuck in this hellhole, all alone. Ordinarily I might feel bad for you, but after everything you did to Lucas and I, this couldn’t happen to a nicer bitch.” Lydia says, before returning to her bunk.

At the Goo castle, Victor opens the front door in the foyer and finds Virginia and Julia standing outside. “Good! The two of you were able to make it!” Victor exclaims. “I couldn’t exactly let down my new brother, now could I? I was honored that V.J invited me to the wedding at all.” Julia says. “As was I. I would’ve understood if V.J didn’t want me anywhere near his big day.” Virginia says. “My son is an incredibly forgiving man.” Victor says. “I’m guessing he probably didn’t inherit that trait from you.” Julia says. Victor laughs. “No. In fact, he may be the only one of my children that has the capacity for forgiveness.” Victor says. “I do. You’ve just gotta fight like hell to earn my forgiveness.” Julia says. “Don’t I know it. It was all worth it in the end, though. You and I are in a much better place now than we were when I first found out you were my daughter.” Victor says. Ciara comes out into the foyer and comes across the three of them. “Well this is interesting.” Ciara says. “Before you say anything more, V.J invited them. I told him everything about Virginia and myself this morning.” Victor says. “And he forgave you already?” Ciara asks. “Your brother has a big heart.” Victor notes. “Sometimes a little too big. I mean, I guess I can understand forgiving you, but her?” Ciara asks, looking at Virginia. “I’m very grateful that V.J is letting me be a part of his big day, and it isn’t lost on me how lucky I am to have his forgiveness. I certainly don’t deserve it when I very easily could’ve torn his family apart back in the day…torn your family apart.” Virginia says. “Julia, do you have a second? I’d like to talk to you.” Ciara says. “Me?” Julia asks. “If it’s alright.” Ciara says. “Uh…yeah, sure.” Julia says. “Virginia and I will be outside.” Victor says. Victor and Virginia head towards the living room doors but Victor stops at Ciara. “Play nice.” Victor urges. “I always do.” Ciara claims. “Yeah right.” Victor says, before him and Virginia walk out. Ciara approaches Julia. “Looking to chew me out again?” Julia questions. “No, I’m not. I want to apologize.” Ciara says. “To me?” Julia asks. “I think I owe you one, don’t you? I’ve been thinking about our talk the other day, and I can see now that I was unfair to you. You’re right, it’s not your fault that our dad and your mom had an affair, and just because you were the result of that affair doesn’t mean you should shoulder the blame for any of it. Two people were responsible for what happened and you aren’t one of them, so yeah…I’m sorry.” Ciara says. “Thank you, I accept your apology. I guess I can understand why you were angry. You have no idea how furious I was when I found out that Victor Goo was my father and my mother kept that from me. But look at how far we’ve come. Victor and I are getting close, my mother and I have mended fences, everything is good.” Julia says. “And you’re officially part of one of the coolest families in the world! I know that us Goos have our quirks, the main one being the last name, but trust me when I tell you that we’ve all got each other's backs, and now we have yours too.” Ciara says. Julia smiles. “Thank you, I appreciate that.” Julia says. “No problem. I think it’s time we make our way out to the garden, don’t you?” Ciara asks. “Sounds good. Lead the way.” Julia says. Ciara heads into the living room and Julia follows.

Upstairs, Serena is in her bedroom, now in her wedding dress, when there is a knock on the door. “It’s open!” Serena calls out. The door opens and Colin walks in. “Hey, is this a bad time?” Colin wonders. “It’s never a bad time for you. How do I look?” Serena questions. “Terrific. Is that the dress you planned on wearing at the last wedding?” Colin asks. “It is. I’ve held onto it all these years. Not sure why, I was never expecting to put it on again.” Serena says. “It’s a good thing you did.” Colin says. “Yeah…I’ve never been so happy to be wrong, you know? For so many years, I’ve been hoping for this impossible miracle and I actually got it. Even now, I’m still having a hard time convincing myself that this is actually real.” Serena says. “I suspect you’ll be convinced once the wedding is over and you and V.J are pronounced husband and wife. I’m happy for you, mother. Truly.” Colin says. “Thank you. By the way, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you.” Serena says. “Anything.” Colin tells her. “So when someone gets married, the bride usually has a matron of honor. Unfortunately the only woman in this city that I’m really close to is your aunt Lydia, and obviously she can’t be here today. So…would you mind standing up for me at the wedding?” Serena says. Colin smiles. “I’d love to be your matron of honor, or whatever the male version of that is.” Colin says. “Thank you. I’m so lucky to have such an amazing son.” Serena says, as she hugs Colin.

Out in the garden, Victor walks up to V.J. “Hey, you about ready?” Victor asks. “Almost, but I just realized I’m kinda missing something important. Honestly, I’m not sure I can have the wedding without it.” V.J says. “Don’t tell me you lost the rings!” Victor says. “No, the rings are fine! I’m talking about the fact that I don’t have a best man!” V.J says. “Oh…you’re right. Is there anyone here you could ask?” Victor asks. “I’ve got someone in mind, but I’m not sure he’s up for the challenge.” V.J says. “Who is it?” Victor asks. “Do I really gotta say it? I’m talking about you, Dad!” V.J says. “You want me to be your best man?” Victor asks. “Can you think of a better man?” V.J asks. “I can think of plenty! Andy for starters.” Victor says. “Andy is great, but he’s not you. You and I have had our ups and downs, but you’ve been my best friend since literally the day I was born. The day I was born was the first most important day of my life and you were there for that, well today is the second most important day of my life and I want you to have a front row seat for this one. Now please, don’t make me beg.” V.J says. Victor smiles. “I wouldn’t dream of it. I’d be delighted to do this for you, son. Honored even!” Victor says. V.J smiles. “Thanks so much.” V.J says, before pulling Victor into a hug. Virginia, Julia, and Ciara walk up. “Awwwww, look at this! Let me get a quick photo!” Virginia says, as she snaps a picture with her phone. Victor and V.J turn to face them. “Are you finished?” Victor asks. “Yeah, I think so.” Virginia says. “Hold on a sec! I need some pictures too.” Ciara says. “Don’t go filling up your storage just yet. There will be plenty of pictures to take at the actual wedding.” V.J says. “Okay, if you say so.” Ciara says. “Speaking of the wedding, any chance it will be starting any time soon?” Julia questions. “Just as soon as the bride is ready. I’m guessing she’s probably doing her makeup for the sixth time. She’s a real perfectionist about that sorta thing, even though she could show up without wearing any and she’d look exactly the same because she’s just so gorgeous.” V.J says. “I gotta say V.J, I may not know you all that well, but that Serena is a lucky girl to have somebody like you.” Virginia says. “Considering Serena puts up with me, I'd say I'm the lucky one. I can't believe how much time I've lost with her…time I'm never gonna be able to get back.” V.J says. “That's all over now.” Ciara says. “Not really! I've still gotta go to Ireland to be deprogrammed!” V.J points out. “And Serena is going to be with you every step of the way. Whether it takes a day or a year, she will be by your side and she isn't going anywhere.” Ciara says. “I just hate feeling like I'm dragging her away from her life, you know? Her career, her boys…” V.J says. “I'm sure Brad and Colin understand.” Victor says. “I guess I'm having trouble seeing why when I don't really understand it myself.” V.J says. “Let me put it this way then. If the positions were reversed and Serena had no choice but to go away, you would absolutely go with her because you love and adore her, just as she loves and adores you.” Victor says. Andy, Rebecca, and Ava walk up to them. “Hey V.J, how's it going?” Andy asks. “It's going.” V.J says. “Are you nervous? You seem nervous.” Rebecca notes. V.J laughs. “Maybe just a little bit.” V.J admits. “That's fine, just imagine everyone in their underwear.” Ava says. “I'm not sure that would work at a wedding, sweetheart.” Rebecca says. Ava shrugs. “Just trying to help.” Ava says. “I appreciate that. By the way, thank you all for coming.” V.J says. “You know I've always been pulling for you and Serena, even when the two of you were apart.” Andy says. “But like any other case of true love, you ended up finding your way back to each other, even against all odds.” Rebecca says. “God knows we've had plenty of odds stacked against us.” V.J says. “That's all over and done with. I'm not gonna say it's always going to be smooth sailing, no one knows that for sure. But I do know from personal experience that there's no bigger obstacle to overcome than death.” Andy says.

Colin enters the garden and walks over to V.J. “Hey, the justice of the peace just arrived and my mother is already to go. Are you?” Colin wonders. V.J smiles. “Colin, I've never been more ready to do anything in my whole life. Let's do this.” V.J says. The justice of the peace walks over to them. “V.J, right? I'm Father Francis, it's a pleasure to meet you.” Francis says. “You too, sir.” V.J says. “Are you ready to begin?” Francis asks. “Absolutely.” V.J says. “Alright, places everyone!” Victor urges. Andy, Rebecca, Bethany, Kaylie, Virginia, Julia, and Ava all take a seat as Victor walks over to V.J and stands next to him. Music begins playing. Once the music has started, Colin makes his way down the aisle and stands over near where Serena will be standing. The music shifts and everyone stands up. Once everyone is standing, Serena appears in the archway. V.J smiles at her and waves, before Serena begins making her way down the aisle. Serena reaches the end and turns to face V.J. “You look incredible.” V.J tells her. “You don’t look half bad yourself.” Serena says.

“We gather here today to join Victor Goo Junior and Serena Masters in holy matrimony. Before we move any further, is there anyone here that has any objections to these two marrying each other?” Francis asks. “If they do, they know where the door is.” Serena says. “I think we should be good, right? I don’t see any Angelos or any Dylan Cats sitting in the audience, unless they’re wearing a mask. Is anybody here wearing a mask to disguise their identity? Anyone at all?” V.J asks. “You weren’t here for one of the last times Rebecca and I got married, that sort of joke isn’t funny.” Andy says. “I’m sorry, one of the last times? How many times have you two gotten married since I died?” V.J questions. “We’re getting off track, Junior.” Serena says. “Right, sorry. I don’t hear any objections, so pretty sure we’re good on that front.” V.J says. “Perfect.” Serena says. “Moving on, I believe I heard the two of you wrote your own vows.” Francis says. “How on earth did the two of you have time to do that?” Victor questions. “We didn’t. They’re the vows we planned to use at our last wedding.” V.J reveals. “I’ve waited seven years to read my vows to you.” Serena says. “Well since you’re so eager, ladies first.” V.J says. “Okay…you and I met pretty much right after I showed up in town. Some of the people here probably know that I’m not squeaky clean and that I didn’t have too many fans when I came to town. None of that mattered to you. Despite what other members of your family were saying to me, despite some of the things that I said to you, that didn’t stop you from seeing me, the real me. You’ve understood me, you’ve accepted me, you’ve stood by me through the best times and somehow put up with me at my worst, I can’t imagine my life without you…those are the words I wrote about you in 2017. Since then, I have had to imagine my life without you, and it isn’t pretty. It’s lonely, it’s depressing, it’s just dark, and even after all these years, I was never able to find the switch to turn that light back on. I did find it when you came back to me. Even during the time where I only knew you as a stranger named Vic, I felt something for you. The only explanation I can come up with is that, on some level, I knew it was you from the moment I found you in that park. How could I not know it was you? You’re the love of my life and I could recognize you from a single breath, I single cheesy joke. These last seven years have been tough, but they taught me something: there is nothing that our love can’t beat. Separated we’re both pretty strong, but together, we’re invincible.” Serena says.

A tear rolls down V.J’s cheek. “Wow…you are a tough act to follow.” V.J says. “I tried.” Serena says. “Well I’m not gonna bother trying to top that because I know I never could. Since the first second I laid eyes on you, I thought you were the most perfect angel I’ve ever met. I know things didn’t start out too pleasant between us, but I did kinda come off a little too strong in the beginning. I’m sorry about that. You know what I’m not sorry about? Literally bumping into you that day, because that little bump in my day sent me on a detour that would give me the happiest moments of my life. Never been so happy to be sent on a detour. Since meeting you, I’ve smiled more, I’ve laughed more, I’ve lived more. Before that amazing day ten years ago where I ran into you, my whole life was basically my career. I woke up, I went to work, I came home, had a beer, and conked out.” V.J says. “How’s that any different from now?” Serena jokingly asks. V.J smiles. “Life was empty back then. But now…I feel fulfilled. I feel like I have a purpose besides my job, that’s all thanks to you. To thank you for everything you’ve done for me, I swear that there is never gonna be a day that goes by where I don’t try my very best to treat you like the extraordinary, fierce, hilarious, woman that you are. You deserve nothing but the best, and the day I stop treating you that way is the day I stop being worthy of calling myself your husband. I’m yours, baby, and I’m never gonna leave you…not again.” V.J says.

Camera Fades…

V.J slips a wedding band onto Serena’s finger. “With this ring, I the wed.” V.J tells Serena.

Camera Fades…

Serena slides a wedding band onto V.J’s finger. “With this ring, I the wed.” Serena tells V.J.

“With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” Francis says. Serena grabs V.J’s shirt collar and pulls him into a kiss, as everyone begins to clap for them.

Camera Fades…

In the Goo foyer, V.J and Serena come downstairs with their bags and find Victor, Virginia, Ciara, Julia, and Colin waiting for them. “What’s all this?” V.J wonders. “We just wanted to give you both a proper send off.” Victor says. “We aren’t gonna be gone forever. You do know that, right?” Serena asks. “Being gone just a single day is far too long in my book.” Colin says. “I couldn’t agree more. With that being said, we all understand why you need to go.” Victor says. Victor walks over to Serena. “You take good care of my son, and I know this may be difficult, but try to keep him out of trouble.” Victor says. Serena smiles. “You don’t have to worry about that, I’ll keep him in line.” Serena says. “She always does.” V.J adds. Victor turns to face V.J. “And you…you fight like hell to come back from this, you hear me? I just got you back after thinking you were lost forever, I need you back here.” Victor says. “You don’t have to worry. The minute I get a clean bill of health, I’m coming home.” V.J says. Ciara steps towards him. “I am going to hold you to that. Keep in mind I’m friendly with your doctor. The minute you get checked out of that clinic, I’m gonna know and I am gonna plan the BIGGEST welcome home party.” Ciara says. “Remind me to bring my camera. It’s probably the only time you’ll ever be nice to me, I don’t want that moment lost in time.” V.J says. Julia approaches V.J. “I’m also gonna need you to come home so I can get to know you better. From the little bit I have gotten to know about you, I have a feeling I’d like you quite a bit.” Julia says. “I feel the same about you. We should get breakfast sometime when I come back, or lunch or dinner.” V.J says. “It don’t matter to him, as long as it involves something edible.” Serena says. “Duly noted.” Julia says. Colin walks up to V.J and Serena. “Hey, Colin. Look buddy, I’m really sorry.” V.J says. “About what?” Colin asks. “Dragging your mom away like this.” V.J says. “Don’t listen to him. I insisted on coming.” Serena notes. “It’s fine, I understand. Besides, I’m not a little kid anymore, I’m able to stand on my own two feet.” Colin says. “Sometimes I forget that. Last time I saw you, you were barely even walking yet. That might’ve been years ago for you, but with all the gaps in my memory, it feels like yesterday. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you growing up, kid. I promised I would be and I let both you and your mom down.” V.J says. “Don’t ever apologize for being away from us. It wasn’t by choice. Besides, once you return, I fully intend on making up for lost time.” Colin says. “Same here. I know you’re a little old, but maybe when I come back, we could head down to the park and toss a ball around or something.” V.J says. “You’re never too old to spend time with your dad, and that’s what you are to me.” Colin says. V.J smiles. “I love you, buddy.” V.J says, before pulling Colin into a hug. Serena walks over to Colin. “Hey, listen to me and listen carefully. Even though I’m not gonna be here, I am still going to be calling you every single day. Hell, I might even video call you every single day.” Serena says. “That really isn’t necessary, mother.” Colin says. “It’s absolutely necessary. You might be grown now but you’re still my baby, and I’m not missing a single day with you.” Serena says. Colin smiles. “I love you.” Colin says, before hugging Serena. “I love you, too.” Serena tells him. “We should probably be going.” V.J says. “Yeah…” Serena mutters. V.J and Serena head towards the door, but then stop and turn back towards Victor, Virginia, Julia, Ciara, and Colin. “Hey, turn those frowns upside down! You haven’t seen the last of us!” V.J says. “And neither has Fantastic City. We’ll be coming back soon and we’ll be coming back for good, I promise.” Serena says, before she and V.J walk out.

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down