QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S5 Episode 70(2/19/24)

Go down

Fantastic S5 Episode 70(2/19/24) Empty Fantastic S5 Episode 70(2/19/24)

Post by QG Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:53 am

Down at the docks, Ava is looking out at the water while on the phone. “Yes Hannah, I’m still waiting. If he doesn’t show up in the next minute though, I’m going home…I don’t care how hot he is! I’m not gonna waste my night away waiting for somebody who isn’t going to show!” Ava shouts. “Sorry I’m late.” A voice says. Ava turns and sees Colin standing there. “I have to go, he just showed up…Yeah, whatever, bye!” Ava says, before hanging up. “Hannah I presume?” Colin asks. “Just being her annoying self. What took you?” Ava questions. “I’m sorry for the delay, I got stuck in a pretty long line.” Colin says. “A line? What, did you decide to pick up a coffee before coming to meet me?” Ava asks. “No, I was getting something for you.” Colin says, before pulling a bouquet of flowers out from behind his back. “You…you got me flowers?” Ava asks. “You sound surprised.” Colin observes. “Its just…this isn’t actually a date, remember? We just agreed to hang out for a bit.” Ava says. “Perhaps, but you’ve got to start somewhere.” Colin says, as he hands Ava the flowers. “Black roses, huh?” Ava asks. “I realize black roses may be a bit unorthodox to give someone, but I had a hunch you probably would have liked them.” Colin says. “You got that just from the little bit of time we spent together the other night?” Ava asks. “Your personality, coupled with the fact that you went to a party dressed in all black gave me the impression. Was I off base?” Colin asks. Ava smiles. “Actually, you were right on the money. I love black roses.” Ava says. “Perfect. Now that we’ve settled that, let me wish you a happy Valentine’s Day.” Colin says. “Thanks…not that we are each other’s Valentine’s or anything like that.” Ava says. “No, of course not. Who knows? That could change by the end of the evening.” Colin says. “I wouldn’t get my hopes up.” Ava says. “I can’t help it if I’m an optimist. So, where should we begin?” Colin asks. “I mean, I’m interested in getting to know you a bit better. You already know about me, how I was possessed by a literal demon and have been in two comas during my 18 years on this planet. I’m curious about who you are.” Ava says. “Alright. Ask me anything and I promise to answer truthfully.” Colin says. “You sure that’s a promise you can keep?” Ava wonders. “For you? Absolutely.” Colin tells her.

In a warehouse, Lawrence is tied to a chair with a bag over his head. “What is the meaning of this?! Release me at once!” Lawrence demands. Someone pulls the bag off of his head and Lawrence looks up to face his captor. “Who the hell are you?” Lawrence questions. Vic is revealed to be standing over Lawrence. “I’m the one who will be asking the questions.” Vic says. “And what if I were to not answer them?” Lawrence wonders. “I’m not sure you want to find out.” Vic says. “What’s this about?” Lawrence asks. “You really can’t guess?” A familiar voice asks. A door opens and Madeline steps out from the back room. “You disappoint me, Mr. Stanpatos.” Madeline says, as she steps in front of Lawrence. “Madeline Masters…” Lawrence mutters. “I’m flattered you know who I am.” Madeline says. “Of course I do. There was a time where my son and your daughter were married.” Lawrence recalls. “Ah yes, before my daughter made the unfortunate choice to fall in love with that degenerate gangster Lucas Cambino. Though in fairness, I can’t say your son is much of an upgrade. The only time I ever found him to be worth anything was when he was doing my bidding years ago.” Madeline says. “You mean when you brainwashed him?” Lawrence asks. “I really detest the word brainwashing, it is so overused.” Madeline says. “And yet entirely appropriate to describe what you did to him.” Lawrence says. “I’m not interested in discussing what I did to your son, I am much more interested in discussing what you did to my daughter.” Madeline says. “I don’t even know your daughter. She and I have only ever crossed paths once.” Lawrence says. “Well for someone you had no prior association with, you didn’t seem to have any qualms over abducting her and convincing the world that she had perished in an explosion. That’s right, Mr. Stanpatos, I know the truth.” Madeline says. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Lawrence claims. “You know precisely what I am talking about. Two years I grieved the loss of my eldest child, only to discover that she has been alive all this time, being held prisoner by you and your associates. Don’t even try to deny it, or else my associate may feel inclined to eliminate you now.” Madeline says. “Is that why you brought me here? Because you believe I had kidnapped your daughter? Where would you get such an absurd idea anyway?” Lawrence wonders. “That is irrelevant. What is relevant is why you kidnapped my daughter. I know that Lydia was in possession of one of the three diamond jewels. I also know that you kidnapped her because you were hoping to acquire that particular jewel for yourself. Now if you were after the bracelet, that must mean you are hoping to find the other three.” Madeline says. “I fail to see your point, Miss. Masters.” Lawrence says. “I spent years trying to collect the three diamond jewels for myself, only to be thwarted by your insipid niece. If the three diamond jewels are still out there, I want to finish what I started all those years ago.” Madeline says. “Won’t that be somewhat difficult given that your machine was destroyed?” Lawrence asks. “We both know that the machine I tried to use isn’t the only one of its kind out there. Multiple weapons of mass destruction were developed to be powered by those three pieces of jewelry, one of which I imagine you have your eye on. Now, as livid as I am over what you did to my precious Lydia, I am willing to show you mercy.” Madeline says. “On what condition?” Lawrence asks. “You are going to tell me everything you know about the three diamond jewels and their whereabouts.” Madeline tells him.

At the church, Julia is pacing back and forth in the room she got ready in as Kaylie looks on. “You’re making me dizzy, sis.” Kaylie says. “I’m sorry, I can’t help it. I feel like the wedding should have started by now! I don’t understand why no one has come to get me yet.” Julia says. “Maybe Lucas got delayed by something, I’m sure everything is fine.” Kaylie says. “Lucas isn’t late coming home from work, Kaylie, he’s late for our wedding! Something isn’t right here.” Julia says. “Okay. How about I go and check up on him? Would that make you feel better?” Kaylie asks. “It’d make me feel better if I could come with you and see for myself.” Julia says. “That’s not a good idea. The groom isn’t supposed to see the bride before the wedding, remember? It's bad luck!” Kaylie says. “I don’t believe in any of that nonsense!” Julia argues. “I don’t care, we aren’t taking any chances! I’ll be right back.” Kaylie says, before walking out. Once Kaylie is in the hallway, Kristina walks up to her. “Hey Kristina, long time no see!” Kaylie says, as she pulls Kristina into a hug. “Its good to see you! It feels like it's been forever.” Kristina says. “That’s because it has been forever! We should plan to go out for drinks sometime soon.” Kaylie says. Kristina smiles. “That’d be great.” Kristina says. “Say, do you know what’s up with Lucas? Julia figured the wedding would’ve started by now and she’s starting to get a little worried.” Kaylie says. “I was actually on my way to check up on him. I just saw him thirty minutes ago and he was pretty much done getting ready, I don’t know what the reason for the delay could be.” Kristina says. “Hopefully it's a good one, otherwise my sister is gonna kick his ass.” Kaylie says. “Let's go check it out.” Kristina says, as she and Kaylie walk off.

In Lucas’ room, Kaylie opens the door and stops in her tracks. “Oh my god…” Kaylie mutters. “What is it?” Kristina asks. “See for yourself.” Kaylie urges. Kristina walks in and sees that the window has been shattered and that Lucas is gone. “This can’t be good…” Kristina says. Kaylie kneels down and picks a dart up off the floor. “Neither can this.” Kaylie says. “What is that?” Kristina wonders. “Looks like it's some kind of dart, the kind that would be shot out of a gun.” Kaylie says. “Why would someone shoot Lucas with a dart?” Kristina wonders. “To drug him so that he’d be easier to take.” Kaylie suggests.

In a warehouse, Lucas is unconscious tied to a chair, as Lydia and Brody stand over him. “You didn’t hurt him too badly, right?” Lydia asks. “I didn’t hurt him at all. I shot him with a dart and then it was night night, Lucas.” Brody says. “It does sound like one of the more humane ways to kidnap someone…not that there are any humane ways to do it!” Lydia says. “Let's not backpedal, love. You were all for kidnapping Lucas earlier today.” Brody points out. “I was never for it, Brody! It's just that I’m not seeing too many options left. I needed to do something before Lucas put a ring on Julia’s finger…” Lydia says. “You certainly didn’t screw around. I am curious though, what happens if you aren’t able to break through to Lucas? You release him and let him go home to his fiancee? You do realize he’ll likely press charges if you aren’t able to break Mia’s spell, right?” Brody asks. “Of course I know that. I’m trying to be optimistic.” Lydia says. “Well I suggest you sprinkle some realism in there, otherwise you could end up massively disappointed.” Brody says. Lucas begins to stir awake. “That’s my cue to leave. Lydia, always a pleasure. I’m sure you remember where to wire the money you owe me. Oh, and if this whole thing does go pear shaped, leave my name out of it with the police. If one of us goes to the big house, I’d rather it be you. Ciao!” Brody says, before walking out. Lucas’ eyes open and he sees Lydia standing over him. “Where the hell am I?” Lucas questions. “Somewhere where there isn’t another soul for miles, so don’t bother yelling for help.” Lydia says. “You can’t be serious…what’s the meaning of all this?!” Lucas asks. “Do you really have to ask? You haven’t given me the time of day ever since you woke up in the hospital, I didn’t have any other choice!” Lydia says. “You didn’t have any other choice? Do you realize how nuts you sound?!” Lucas questions. “I know that this is crazy, but being in love makes you do crazy things sometimes! The same thing goes for feeling desperate.” Lydia says. “Desperate for what?” Lucas asks. “To stop your wedding to Julia. I couldn’t let you go through with the wedding, not without giving one last effort to try and get through to you.” Lydia says. “Oh my god, Julia…she’s probably waiting for me at the church right now!” Lucas snaps. “She probably is.” Lydia agrees. “What the hell is the matter with you? Where’s your compassion? Do you give a damn about what this is probably doing to her right now?!” Lucas questions. “Who the hell are you to talk to me about feeling compassion? Where was your compassion when you dumped me and didn’t give me a second thought after that? Those two years I was being held captive, the one thing that kept me going was the thought of going home to you, the thought of reuniting with you and spending the rest of my life with you! Our love kept me alive for those two years, Lucas, so surely you can imagine why I would be heartbroken over you deciding that love no longer mattered!” Lydia yells. “Of course I can understand that, but I’d also like you to understand that my feelings have changed.” Lucas says. “They have changed, but not because your love for me wasn’t strong enough or because your love for Julia was too strong, it was because of Doctor Andropov and Mia Goo! They did this to you!” Lydia says. “For god’s sake, Lydia! No one has brainwashed me!” Lucas snaps. “Lucas, LISTEN TO ME! I SAW HIM! The day you woke up, I saw Andropov at the hospital!” Lydia reveals. “What are you talking about?” Lucas asks. “It wasn’t long before you woke up. This doctor I had never seen before came in to take you away for some tests. I knew that there was something familiar about him, but he disguised his voice by using an American accent. It wasn’t until I confronted Mia with my suspicions that I realized it had been Andropov I saw. But that had to have been when he did whatever he did to you. He pretended to take you away for some tests, but in fact he was conditioning you to hate me!” Lydia says. “That’s ridiculous, I was asleep!” Lucas points out. “Do you really think that would stop him? This is a man who has brought people back from the dead! Brainwashing people while they are unconscious doesn’t seem that far out of the realm of possibilities! So hearing all of this, now do you understand why I’m convinced Andropov did something to you?” Lydia asks. “You could’ve been mistaken. Maybe you didn’t see Andropov.” Lucas suggests. “Are you kidding me? I spent the last two years in Andropov’s care, I’m pretty sure I know what he looks like! Quite frankly, I’m kicking myself in the butt for not realizing sooner that it was him.” Lydia says. “Well it doesn’t matter either way! It doesn’t change the way I feel about Julia, nor the way that I feel about you. When I first woke up, I felt indifferent towards you, but since then, I’m really growing to despise you.” Lucas says. “You’re trying to hurt me.” Lydia realizes. “I’m trying to tell you the truth but you refuse to listen!” Lucas snaps. “You are the one who won’t listen to the truth! I know Andropov brainwashed you to stop loving me, but I don’t think he erased your common sense too! You’ve lived in this city for ten years, you’ve seen the things that Andropov has pulled off, why is it so difficult for you to understand that he did something to you? Or maybe you do understand, maybe you’re just in denial.” Lydia suggests. “I am not in denial! MY FEELINGS ARE REAL!” Lucas screams. “They are a mirage created by Andropov and Mia to tear us apart! Think about this! Mia has spent the last seven years trying to make our lives living hells! This is just the latest in a long list of attacks she has launched against us! By refusing to face the truth, you might as well say that you are helping her get away with it.” Lydia says. “I would never do anything to help Mia. I despise her just as much as you do.” Lucas says. “Then stop ignoring the signs! Lucas, you can’t just stop loving someone overnight! You especially can’t do that when you love someone as much as you loved me! And I know that you loved me, with all your heart and soul, there isn’t a single doubt in my mind. You told me as much on the balcony, you told me that you didn’t need time to decide between Julia and I, that you wanted to be with me! I know you’ve told me before that you said those things because you were emotional, that you supposedly had a clearer head after waking up from being shot.” Lydia says. Lydia kneels down and looks Lucas in the eyes. “But I want you to look me in the eye and tell me you actually believe that. Look me in the eye and tell me that you think your feelings for Julia are authentic, that you think falling out of love with me so suddenly was authentic.” Lydia tells him. Lucas looks at Lydia. “I…I don’t know…I don’t know what I’m supposed to say, what I’m supposed to feel! What’s real and what isn’t…” Lucas says. “That’s why I brought you here. I wasn’t just going to try and help you see reason, I’m going to help you remember the love that we shared and I am going to help give you the strength to fight back against Mia’s influence.” Lydia says.

At the docks, Colin sits down on the stairs. “So, what’s your first question for me?” Colin asks. “We’ll start off simple. What’s your favorite color?” Ava wonders. “Burgundy red.” Colin says. “Ooooh, that’s a good one.” Ava says. “I’d ask you what your favorite color is, but I suspect I already know the answer.” Colin says. “Okay genius, what is it?” Ava wonders. “Black.” Colin answers. “Wrong! I’m actually a big yellow fan.” Ava reveals. “Yellow? I never would have guessed that.” Colin says. “I think I get it from my Dad. But he’s more of a bright yellow kinda person, I’m more gold yellow.” Ava says. “I can’t say I blame you. Who doesn’t love gold?” Colin says. “Next question, favorite food.” Ava says. “You’ve probably never heard of it, but it's called moussaka.” Colin says. “Greek, right?” Ava asks. “Wait, so you have heard of it?” Colin asks. “Yeah! They have it at this Greek restaurant downtown. My parents brought me there for my 15th birthday and that’s actually what I ordered.” Ava says. “Did you like it?” Colin asks. “It wasn’t terrible, but I wouldn’t say it was my favorite either.” Ava says. “That’s valid.” Colin says. “So how did you first get introduced to it? Did you go to a restaurant like me or are you Greek?” Ava wonders. “I’m Greek. There was a period of time where I was obsessed about learning more about Greek culture, which included the food, and that’s how I was introduced to it. I asked my mother to make it for me and I guess she already had a recipe.” Colin says. “Did her mom or dad pass it down to her?” Ava wonders. “Absolutely not. I doubt my grandparents ever cooked a meal a day in their lives, they had staff for that. So what’s your favorite food?” Colin wonders. “You’re gonna think I am so basic, but I really like chicken alfredo. The cheesier the better.” Ava says. “What’s so basic about chicken alfredo? It's great!” Colin says. “It's also a lot more common than moussaka!” Ava notes. Colin shrugs. “There’s nothing wrong with that. You like what you like.” Colin says. Ava smiles. “Okay…next question. What career do you want for yourself?” Ava questions. “Uh oh, I see you’re throwing more difficult questions at me.” Colin says. “They can’t all be colors and foods. Do you need a second to come up with an answer that doesn’t involve living off your trust fund?” Ava wonders. Colin laughs. “No, I don’t. I’ve actually always been mesmerized by theater. My mother is a big music fan, so she would bring me to see these musicals on Broadway when I was younger.” Colin recalls. “So you want to sing in a musical?” Ava asks. “Not exactly. My love for the theater has extended to television and movies as well, so if I had to choose a career, I think I would want to be a film director? It just seems like it would be such fun to be able to create something for the masses to watch and enjoy, and the payoff would be extraordinary.” Colin says. “Wow…that’s…that’s really cool.” Ava says. “How about you? What are your ambitions?” Colin wonders. “I’m…not really sure if I want a career out of it or not, but I have always enjoyed writing.” Ava says. “Really? What do you write?” Colin wonders. “Short stories mainly, whenever I get the inspiration.” Ava says. “Which I’m sure can be difficult to come by.” Colin says. “You have no idea…” Ava says. “You know, film directors and writers make for a fabulous combination.” Colin says. “Are we still talking about movies?” Ava wonders. “Of course. What else would we be talking about?” Colin asks. “Well…whenever you get the urge to collab, feel free to let me know.” Ava says. “I definitely will. In any case, I should probably be going.” Colin says, as he stands up. “What? Already?” Ava asks. “You almost sound disappointed.” Colin notes. “Just surprised.” Ava says. “I agreed to meet with my mother for dinner, I don’t want to be late.” Colin says. “Oh yeah, totally. Go ahead.” Ava says. “Before I go, I’m curious to know if we’ll be seeing each other again. Did I pass your initial test?” Colin wonders. “I think it's too soon to tell. I think we’ll have to do this again sometime before I can reach a verdict, maybe…over dinner somewhere?” Ava asks. Colin smiles. “I’d very much like that.” Colin says. “Cool. Until next time then.” Ava says. “Until next time.” Colin responds. Colin goes to walk away. “One more thing.” Ava says. Colin turns back towards Ava. “Did you change your mind already?” Colin wonders. “I wanted to thank you for the flowers. They’re beautiful.” Ava says. “They are, but they don’t hold a candle to you. Until next time.” Colin says, before walking away. Ava smiles to herself.

“The last time you held the three diamond jewels in your hands, you tried to use them to create a global heat wave that would have killed everyone.” Lawrence recalls. “I don’t think you are in any position to be throwing stones given that you are also trying to collect the jewels, likely for a similar goal to my own.” Madeline says. Lawrence shakes his head. “No, I have no intention of destroying the world.” Lawrence says. “Neither did I, I was simply hoping to recreate it.” Madeline says. “By killing everyone but you and your descendants?” Lawrence asks. “I had every intention of saving my employees as well. After all, they did such fine work in trying to help me locate the jewels.” Madeline says. “Are you including my son? I understand he was a crucial part in your plan.” Lawrence says. “He was, that is until he wasn’t. Mental conditioning was so unpredictable back in those days, you never knew whether or not it was going to remain intact. Fortunately, the technology has improved greatly over the past nine years.” Madeline says. “I see, so your friend over here is your latest mindless soldier.” Lawrence says, motioning towards Vic. “Serving Miss. Masters is very important to me.” Vic says. “Of course it is, dear boy! It's what you were trained to do, what you were conditioned to do.” Lawrence says. “Lets focus less on my friend and more on yourself. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but you are in some rather dreary circumstances right now. The only way I will grant you your freedom is if you tell me everything I want to know.” Madeline says. “Which is everything I know about the three diamond jewels?” Lawrence asks. “Precisely! So, do we have a deal?” Madeline asks. Lawrence looks over at Vic and then back at Madeline. “I’m not going to help you undermine me. I’ve been planning this for years, there is no way I’m going to ruin everything I have worked towards.” Lawrence says. “What good is any of your work going to be if you’re dead?” Madeline wonders. “I have contingency plans in place.” Lawrence says. Madeline smiles. “If you say so.” Madeline says. Madeline turns towards Vic. “We’re leaving.” Madeline tells him. “That’s it? You are just going to walk out and leave me?” Lawrence asks. “I don’t think you fully understand the gravity of your situation, Mr. Stanpatos. I think leaving you here overnight so you have the opportunity to ponder your next move may prove to be the best course of action. I should warn you however, if I return tomorrow and you are still unwilling to comply with my demands, there will be dire consequences.” Madeline warns. Lawrence smiles. “I’ll be delighted to disappoint you tomorrow, just as I was delighted to do so today.” Lawrence says. “We’ll see.” Madeline says, before she and Vic walk out. Outside the warehouse, Vic turns to face Madeline. “What’s our next course of action?” Vic asks. “We wait. We’re going to give Mr. Stanpatos some time to think things through. If we return tomorrow and he still refuses to tell us what we want to know, then we’ll need to resort to more drastic measures to extract that information.” Madeline says. “What do we do in the meantime?” Vic wonders. Madeline pulls the pawn out of her purse and shows it to Vic. “You are going to return to my daughter’s hotel room. Upon arriving, you will forget all about the events that transpired today. In fact, you will believe that you were out searching for a job all day. When tomorrow comes, I will contact you with further instructions.” Madeline says. “Yes ma’am.” Vic says, before walking off…

At the church, Kristina and Kaylie are still standing in the room Lucas was getting ready in when Julia rushes in. “I got your text Kaylie, what’s going on?” Julia asks. Julia notices the broken glass. “Oh my god, where’s Lucas?” Julia questions. “We don’t know, but…we think he could’ve been kidnapped.” Kaylie reveals. Julia’s eyes widen. “Are you serious? I know that there’s broken glass, but saying he got kidnapped seems like a bit of a stretch!” Julia says. “There’s more.” Kristina says. Kaylie shows Julia a dart. “I found this on the floor. I’m guessing Lucas was probably hit with it and it knocked him unconscious. Since he’s not still here, I think someone probably took him.” Kaylie says. “It had to have been Mia Goo! That lunatic is OBSESSED with making Lucas’ life miserable!” Kristina says. “Mia isn’t the only one who would have a motive to kidnap Lucas.” Julia says. “Who else is there?” Kaylie asks. “Someone who wouldn’t want to see Lucas and I get married, someone like Lucas’ ex.” Julia says.

Lydia pulls up a chair and sits in front of Lucas. “Do you remember when our love story started?” Lydia asks. “2015, right after Christmas.” Lucas recalls. “It was right after I thought I had lost Dylan. He spent months in captivity, the people responsible poisoned him with a fatal toxin and I thought that he had died. I was so determined to find out who was behind it which is why I turned to the resident mob boss. I knew that if anyone could help me find out the truth, it would be you.” Lydia says. “I seem to remember I wasn’t too thrilled over teaming up with you.” Lucas recalls. “No, but you also felt bad for when Quinn Goo took over Dylan’s life and you didn’t say anything.” Lydia says. “I still feel bad about that.” Lucas admits. “You’ve done more than enough to make up for it though. You killed Quinn, you helped me figure out that my cousin Kadmos was responsible for what happened to Dylan, you also stopped me from potentially throwing my life away when I wanted to kill Kadmos. After all that though, the moment I actually started to feel there was something between us was that time we were trapped at your lake house together. The Master had set off those earthquakes all around town and we ended up trapped in the house together. Out of context, that sounds really horrible, but its also the day I first started falling in love with you.” Lydia recalls, before flashing back.

"So what are we supposed to do while we're trapped in here?" Lydia asks. "Do you like board games?" Lucas asks. "You want to play board games at a time like this?" Lydia asks. "Sure, why not? We have nothing better to do, and obviously we have nowhere to go." Lucas says. "What games do you have?" Lydia asks. "Monopoly, Life, Sorry, take your pick." Lucas says. "I've always been a monopoly kind of girl." Lydia says. "Monopoly it is." Lucas says.

"What kind of question is that?" Lucas asks. "Before these past few months, I've always thought you were a lowlife mobster who had no regard for anyone else. But since getting to know you, I've realized that I was wrong about you. You try to act like a big dangerous mobster so that you can scare your enemies, but deep down you are a devoted friend and an all around good guy. So why are you wasting your time in this cut throat business when you have the potential to be so much more?" Lydia asks. Lucas takes a deep breath and sits on the couch. "Its really complicated. I have been in this business since I was seventeen years old. My father brought me on to show me the ropes of the business. Before you get the wrong idea, he didn't force me to become part of the business, he gave me a choice, and I chose to become a part of the family business. I always admired my father, ever since I was a little boy, I wanted to be just like him. Even when I got older and I learned the true nature of his business, I still wanted to be a part of it. I guess it was probably because I wanted to be just like my father." Lucas says. "And now? You’re not a kid anymore Lucas, you are your own man." Lydia says. "Its too late for me to get out." Lucas says. "Its never too late." Lydia says.

Back in the present, Lydia smiles. “I’m glad you ended up taking my advice.” Lydia says. “I have to admit. That was probably the first moment I had ever seriously considered walking away from that life. You made an excellent argument.” Lucas tells her. “I know, I always do. You still stayed in the business for a while after that, though. It wasn’t until you told me that you loved me and I told you that we wouldn’t have a future unless you changed some things about your life that you decided to walk away.” Lydia says, before flashing back.

"What did you just say?" Lydia asks. "I said I love you." Lucas says. "You don't mean that. You are confused or something." Lydia says. "I'm not confused. Believe me, falling in love with you is just as much of a shock to me as it is to you. I mean, we've lived in the same town together for a year and we barely even acknowledged that the other existed. But since you showed up on my doorstep last December wanting my help to find Dylan's killer, I've felt a connection developing between us. We are both two very flawed people, but we try to overcome those flaws and do the right thing. And then after the conversation we had a few months ago, when I confided in you my reasons for joining the mob, I knew that I was starting to have feelings for you." Lucas says. "Why didn't you say anything then? Why did you wait until now?" Lydia asks. "Because you were still mourning Dylan, I didn't want you to feel like I was trying to pressure you into another relationship." Lucas says. "That's you. Always thinking about my needs and my feelings. One of the reasons I consider you to be such a good friend." Lydia says. "I know I have done some pretty terrible things in the past, some that directly affected you, but I am a much different person than I was a year ago. I am ready to fully commit to you Lydia, and treat you like the goddess that you are. I promise to always put you first, no matter what." Lucas says.

“I did a lot of thinking after our last conversation. Actually, let me rephrase that, I didn't do any thinking at all, because I knew what I had to do. When we talked last night, you said that you couldn't be with me because of my profession." Lucas says. "Right, and I'm standing by that statement." Lydia says. "And I wouldn't dream of asking you to change your opinion on the business, which is why I decided to walk away." Lucas says. "Walk away...from what?" Lydia asks. "The business, I am no longer in charge of the Cambino crime family." Lucas says. "Wait...your...are you serious?" Lydia asks. "I've never been more serious. It didn't take me long to realize that my love for you was far more important than my business." Lucas says. "But what about your power, your connections, everything you've built?" Lydia asks. "All of it is irrelevant. Besides, I've made arrangements for the organization to live on. I gave control of it to my brother, on the conditions that he doesn't come after either one of us and that he destroys Jack Fulton. I want Fulton to pay for what he did to Nico." Lucas says. "Wow, I'm surprised that you did that, you hate Corey." Lydia says. "Like I said, I did it mostly to make sure that Corey doesn't come after us." Lucas says. "Wait, doesn't Cambino Furniture count as part of your organization? Did you sell that too?!" Lydia asks. "Yes I did." Lucas says. "That was all you had." Lydia says. "Not true, I have my love for you. Its a lot easier to get a new job then to find the person that makes you happy the most. I think it was a pretty fair exchange." Lucas says.

Back in the present, Lucas looks over at Lydia. “Walking away from the business was the best decision I’ve ever made. My life has been so much simpler since then, and I guess I have you to thank for that.” Lucas says. “You were the one who made the choice to walk away.” Lydia notes. “You helped push me to that point. My only option was to stay in the business and lose out on a future with you, and I couldn’t imagine having a future without you at that point. You and I hadn’t even officially become a couple and I was already madly in love with you. The day you chose me was the happiest day of my life.” Lucas recalls, before flashing back.

"After I was shot at Mark and Kristina's wedding, I had this strange dream about Dylan, except now I'm sure it wasn't a dream." Lydia says. "Okay...what did Dylan say?" Lucas asks. "He said that he didn't want me to spend the rest of my life living in the past, and that he wanted me to move on. Now I can see that the dream had a much bigger purpose than I originally believed. That was Dylan's way of telling me that he wanted me to move on, with YOU. He knew that at the time, I was starting to have feelings for you, he knew before I did." Lydia says. "Wait, so what you're saying is that you return my feelings?" Lucas asks. "I'm a long way from telling you I love you, but I do feel a connection, and I really want to see where things go. Dylan was right, it is time for me to start living my life and stop chasing after his memory. I need to live in the present, and that is exactly what I intend to do." Lydia says before she kisses Lucas!

Back in the present. “I guess maybe that dream I had of Dylan really was just a dream, since he turned up alive and all. Still though, that dream helped me see what was right in front of me…that I was falling in love with you. Oh my goodness, Lucas, loving you and being loved by you…its been one of the greatest privileges in my life. I know we’ve had a lot of heartache and tragedy…” Lydia says. “Most of which was my fault.” Lucas says. Lydia laughs. “No comment. But even with all the pain, I’d do it all over again. The memories, our love…its all been such an amazing adventure, and even though its paused, I never want it to end. A part of you, somewhere deep inside, HAS to feel that way too! I don’t believe there’s a chance you don’t! Just think back Lucas, think back on all the wonderful memories we’ve made together, all the wonderful memories we are going to make together.” Lydia says. Lucas flashes back.

"So this is really you, it isn't some hallucination caused by the drugs?" Lucas asks. "No, I'm really here." Lydia says. "I've...I've dreamt of this moment for months, thinking about getting back to you, it was the one thing that kept me alive for all of this time." Lucas says. "You didn't need me to keep you fighting. With or without me, you are a fighter, its who you are. Lucas.” Lydia says.

I'd like to make a toast." Lydia says. "Okay." Lucas says as he pours himself and Lydia a glass of champagne. "To a future of love, excitement, adventure, and happiness, and a future without lies and secrets." Lydia says. Lucas nods. "Eviva." Lydia says. "What does that mean?" Lucas asks. "It means cheers in Greek." Lydia says. "Well in that case, eviva." Lucas says as his glass touches Lydia's.

"You want us to get married on Thanksgiving? Where did that come from?" Lydia asks. "Well, it's a day where I know everyone we want to be there will be. Well, except for maybe Kristina, I'm sure she'll be going to the Goo thanksgiving." Lucas says. "You wouldn't mind if Kristina was absent? I know that the two of you are good friends." Lydia says. "All I want is for us to just get married. I don't care who's there, I don't care where it is, when it is, what I do care about however is that both of our hearts are in it." Lucas says. "That won't be a problem. I love you more than anything, and I know you feel the same way." Lydia says. "So, does that mean you'll do it? You'll marry me tomorrow?" Lucas asks. "Well, I don't know. Are you sure we could pull it off? There is a lot of planning that needs to go into a wedding." Lydia says. "What planning? All we need is a justice of the peace and some witnesses. If you've got those, you've got a wedding." Lucas says. "So, you are really serious about this?" Lydia asks. "I'm very serious. I want to marry the woman I love as soon as possible." Lucas says.

"We are gathered here today to join Lucas Antonio Cambino, and Lydia Adrastela Masters, in holy matrimony. If anyone has any reason as to why these two should NOT be wed, speak now." Jackson says. Lydia glances over at Serena, expecting her to say something, but Serena stays quiet. "I understand that the two of you have written your own wedding vows?" Jackson says. "Yes, we have." Lucas says. "Well, by all means, read them aloud." Jackson says. "You first." Lydia tells Lucas. "Uh, okay. Well, words can't really describe how I feel about Lydia. A year ago, when you showed up at my doorstep, asking for my help, I never would have imagined what would come after. You have added so much light to my life, and it's because of you that I have inspired to become a better man." Lucas says.

CAMERA FADES

*"When I first came to you, I was lost. I had just lost Dylan, who was the love of my life, and all I wanted to do was find out who took him from me. But what started as an unlikely partnership between two people who could barely stand each other, turned into a lifelong friendship. You mentioned in your vows that I added light to your life, well, you ARE the light of my life. It was thanks to you that I was able to move past my grief and resume my life, and I don't think I will ever be able to repay you for that. I look forward to all of the years you and I are going to spend together. I look forward to all of the fun times, all of the family gatherings, all of the rough patches, everything." Lydia says.

"With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife! You may now kiss the bride." Jackson says. Lucas and Lydia kiss, as everyone claps.

Lydia walks into a café, and digs into her purse for her wallet. "Come on, I know its in here somewhere..." Lydia says. As she walks towards the counter, she bumps into someone, and drops her purse. "I am so sorry! I really should watch where I am going." Lydia says. "Its no trouble at all." The other person says. After hearing them speak, Lydia freezes, and then looks up at the person she bumped into, just as the other person looks at Lydia. "Oh my God, I cant believe it!" Lydia says. The other person is revealed to be Lucas!

"I learned a very valuable lesson from the Mia debacle. No matter how bad things are, I should never lie to you. So, I promise, if I ever encounter a situation like the one I had with Mia, I am going to tell you about it. Keeping secrets nearly destroyed our marriage, I'm not going to let it happen again." Lucas says. "You are saying all of the right things..." Lydia says. "I mean every word. Lydia Masters, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You have added so much light to my life, and its because of you that I have inspired to become a better man." Lucas says. "Those were your vows at our wedding." Lydia notes. "I know. I remember that day well. It was the best day of my life, even though it was tainted by a phone call from Mia right after the ceremony." Lucas says. "You should've told me about her." Lydia says. "I know, and I am real sorry that I didn't. It is because of my lies that you have spent the better part of the last eight months hating me." Lucas says. "I never hated you, Lucas. I was just so surprised that the man who was willing to give up his career for me would be so deceptive." Lydia says. "I never should've lied to you. I might've been able to justify working for Mia by saying I was protecting my family, but there is no justifying keeping you in the dark. You deserved so much better than I gave you." Lucas says. "There you are...there is the man that I fell in love with. After all of these months...I finally see you." Lydia says. "I'm still that man. I know I've made some mistakes along the way, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to make it up to you. I'll jump through rings of fire, I'll swim across the longest ocean, all for you, because you would be worth every agonizing second of it. That's how much I love you." Lucas says. Lydia gazes into Lucas' eyes, before slowly approaching him. She puts her hands onto his shoulders, and then kisses him! She pulls away. "I love you, too. And I want to give us another try. I forgive you, Lucas." Lydia says.

"In case you've forgotten, at the time of Dylan's supposed death I was married to him! I felt an obligation to help him remember!" Lydia says. "Was that all it was?" Lucas asks. "No, it wasn't. I loved Dylan, too. When I thought that Dylan passed away…” Lydia paused. “He was the love of my life." Lydia admits. "And that's why I couldn't stick around. I knew I couldn't compete with Dylan, and the last thing I wanted was to prolong our pain." Lucas says. "You didn't let me finish. Dylan was the love of my life, but that was before I met you. Somehow, unexpectedly, I ended up loving you just as much as I loved Dylan. As strange as it is, it is possible to be madly in love with two people, I learned that the hard way." Lydia says. "If you loved me as much as Dylan, then how come you chose Dylan?" Lucas asks. "I didn't choose Dylan, you made that choice for me! I-I was just trying to help him become the man he used to be." Lydia says. "I understand that, but every time I turned around, you were with him! I hardly ever saw you anymore, Lydia! It was like we weren't even a couple! Hell, at that point, I'd barely say we were acquaintances." Lucas says. A tear rolls down Lydia's cheek. "I'm so sorry, Lucas. I never meant to hurt you like that." Lydia says. "I know, but...that doesn't make it any less painful." Lucas says. "At least you were able to move on, and find happiness with someone else." Lydia notes. Lucas looks down at the floor. "I was never happier than when I was with you. You were the light in my life that outshined the darkness. You saved my soul." Lucas tells her.

"Everything worked out in the end, despite all of the obstacles we faced..." Lydia claims. Lucas shakes his head. "No...it didn't all work out in the end. If it did, we would still be together." Lucas admits.

"I thought you were happy with Bethany." Lydia notes. "She's not you, Lydia. I...I care about Bethany, a lot, but I could never love her the way I love you." Lucas reveals. "The way you love me? Present tense?" Lydia questions. "I've never stopped loving you. The only reason that I even broke up with you is because it felt as if Dylan was in the relationship with us, ever since he came back." Lucas says. "I screwed up badly, leading you and Dylan on." Lydia acknowledges. "It seems like you're happy, though, since ultimately, you chose to be with Dylan." Lucas notes. "What if I made the wrong choice?" Lydia asks. "Why would you say that?" Lucas wonders. "Don't get me wrong, I love Dylan, and he and I share a lot of history together. When you left me, and I ended up reuniting with Dylan, I...I thought I was making the right choice for myself. But, as time went on, I realized that this Dylan is a completely different person from the man I fell in love with, and even if he were...he's not you. As much as I loved Dylan, he was never here for me the way I wanted him to be. He was always away, usually in some type of danger. But you...you hardly ever left my side." Lydia notes. "Except when I pretended to be dead for a little while, after Mia shot me and I fell into the river." Lucas recalls. "That was a crappy thing to do, but my point still stands. You might not be perfect, but even through the ups and downs, you've always been perfect for me, its why I've never stopped loving you. I'm still in love with you!" Lydia tearfully confesses. Lucas and Lydia stare into each other's eyes for a moment, before pulling each other into a passionate kiss!

"How can you be sure?" Lucas asks. "How can I be sure about my feelings for you?" A confused Lydia asks. "Lydia, I want this to be true, but you have been torn between Dylan and I since the moment he returned from the dead. Early on, you convinced me that we were going to be fine, but as time went on, I lost confidence. You were spending so much time around Dylan, trying to get him to remember, and I completely understand that, but our relationship was lost in the process. Besides, you never would've gone through all of that trouble if you didn't love the man." Lucas says. "I'm not going to deny that I love Dylan, but the fact is, despite how in love we were, despite how in love we may have been recently, he could never be you. You have always put me first, since the day I met you. You helped me find Dylan's killer, despite the fact that we barely knew each other, you left the mob so that we could be together, and most recently, you stepped aside because you thought I wanted to be with Dylan! You are the most selfless, loving man that I have ever met, and I was a fool to let you walk away!" Lydia says. "I don't know about all of that...we both know I'm nowhere near perfect. I've done horrible things." Lucas notes. "I know you have, but you regret doing those things, and you have tried to make amends. Besides, you've always been perfect to me." Lydia says. "Can I have a turn to talk, now?" Lucas asks. "That depends. Am I going to like what you have to say?" Lydia asks. Lucas chuckles. "I've spent the past two years trying to forget about you, I even managed to move on with another woman...but, no matter how I felt for Bethany, I have never been able to get over you. All this time later, and I still love you just as much as the day where we said our wedding vows, probably more." Lucas says. Lydia smiles. "I love you, too. Can...can we try again?" Lydia asks. "This should answer your question." Lucas says, before pulling Lydia into a kiss!

Out on the balcony, as the snow falls, Lucas is leaning on the railing gazing up at the sky. “My nerves are really starting to get the better of me, Lydia. The longer Julia takes, the more nervous I get. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some strength to do this. I know you’re up there looking out for me, and I can only do this with your help.” Lucas says. Lydia appears in the doorway behind Lucas and stops in her tracks when she sees him. At a loss for words, Lydia slowly approaches him. Lydia stops at the balcony’s railing, standing directly next to Lucas without him noticing. Struggling to find the right words, Lydia decides to keep it simple. “Lucas…” Lydia quietly says, her voice breaking. Lucas freezes when he hears the voice, knowing it well. Lucas slowly begins turning towards Lydia and sees her standing right next to him, snow in her hair. Shock takes over Lucas’ entire face as he soaks in the sight of the presumed dead love of his life. “Lydia?” Lucas asks. Lydia nods. “Its me, Lucas.” Lydia confirms. Lucas backs away from Lydia and shakes his head in disbelief. “No…no, this can’t be real. I…I must be hallucinating or something, there is no possible way you could be here. You…you…” Lucas says, struggling to get out the last few words. “You’re dead.” Lucas finishes. “I know, I understand that this is probably a lot to take in, but I am really here.” Lydia says. “I…I don’t understand. Is this your spirit? Did you come down to visit me when you heard me talking to you? None of this makes any sense!” Lucas says. “Lucas, listen to me! I am not a hallucination, I am not a spirit, I am really here! I’m alive.” Lydia tells him. His hand trembling, Lucas slowly begins to raise it and then touches Lydia’s cheek, feeling her skin. Lydia places her hand on top of Lucas’ and tears begin to roll down his face. “My god, its really you! Its you, you’re alive!” Lucas exclaims. Lydia smiles and nods. “I am alive.” Lydia tells him.

“I know who I want to be with. I’ve grown to love Julia, but whatever I feel for her pales in comparison to what I feel for you.” Lucas says. “Really?” Lydia asks. “Absolutely. Come on, you didn’t think you would come back and I’d turn you away, did you?” Lucas asks. “I didn’t know what to think when I found out you were involved with someone else. Sure, in a perfect world I figured you would choose me, but I had no idea how close you had become with this other woman. For all I know, you may have grown to love her just as much as you love me.” Lydia says. “That’s not possible. You are the one great love of my life, no one could ever take your place.” Lucas says. Lydia smiles. “You have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say those words.” Lydia says. “Well, just in case words aren’t enough, maybe I better show you how much I love you.” Lucas says, before leaning in and kissing Lydia!

In the present, a tear rolls down Lucas’ face and he looks up at Lydia. “Lydia…I…I remember.” Lucas says. “You remember what?” Lydia asks. “How much I love you, how…how I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You are the only woman I want to be with. Its always been you.” Lucas tearfully tells Lydia!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down