QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S3 Episode 14

Go down

Fantastic S3 Episode 14 Empty Fantastic S3 Episode 14

Post by QG Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:23 pm

Its a new day in Fantastic City. At Saint Francis’ church, a giant picture of Lydia is on display at the altar. Meanwhile, a mysterious figure dressed in all black approaches the picture, and places their hand on it. Lucas appears in the doorway. “Well, well, well, you made it after all.” Lucas says. The mystery person turns around and is revealed to be Madeline, dressed in a black dress, black fur coat, black gloves, and a black veil. Madeline smiles. “Hello Lucas. I see you have dressed for the part of the grieving widow. I’m not sure that is the most appropriate approach, given that you and Lydia never did remarry.” Madeline notes. “Did you really fly all the way here from Greece to argue?” Lucas wonders. “Of course not, I came to pay my respects to my daughter. So if you wouldn’t mind, I would like some privacy.” Madeline says. Lucas approaches Lydia’s picture and stands next to Madeline. “I’m grieving too.” Lucas notes. “I couldn’t tell. I was under the impression you had already found Lydia’s replacement in Victor Goo’s political rival.” Madeline says. “Don’t tell me you still keep up with Fantastic City gossip.” Lucas says. “I like to keep informed of the current events in the place my daughter called home. As for the story regarding you and Miss Gray, the photographs attached to the article imply it is more than merely petty gossip.” Madeline says. “Julia and I are just friends.” Lucas says. “I can certainly understand why you would want her as a friend. Having the District Attorney as a friend would be quite convenient for someone in your line of work.” Madeline says. “That’s not who I am anymore. I’m not going to waste anymore time arguing with you, today is supposed to be about Lydia. I’m happy you were able to make it.” Lucas says. “There is no place I would rather be.” Madeline says. “Really? Because Serena made it sound like you were involved in some project you weren’t sure you’d be able to pull yourself away from.” Lucas notes. Madeline flashes back.

“Oh my darling, I have such grand plans for you, whether you approve of them or not. Unfortunately, you don’t have much choice in these matters.” Madeline tells the bandaged man.

“That project has been put on hold, at least until I have paid my respects to my beloved Lydia.” Madeline says. Serena walks in. “Mother!” Serena calls out. Madeline smiles. “Oh my goodness, Serena! How delightful it is to see you again, it has been far too long! So tell me, where are you darling boys?” Madeline questions. “Orpheus is away at school and Brad is on vacation with his boyfriend.” Serena reveals. “Brad wasn’t able to make it back for the memorial?” Madeline asks. “It was kinda last minute. Even you acted like you weren’t sure if you could make it.” Serena points out. “I admit I was concerned I wouldn’t be able to return in time, but I made it possible. Nothing could keep me from coming to bid one final farewell to my eldest daughter.” Madeline says.

In the lobby of the church, Andy and Rebecca sign the guest book when Brady and Kristina arrive. “Hey, we aren’t late, are we?” Brady asks. “Right on time as far as I can tell.” Andy says. “Great. I thought we were gonna be like fifteen minutes late since Kristina had to spend forever doing her makeup.” Brady says. Kristina rolls her eyes. “Do you see what I’ve had to deal with all morning? Anyway, have either of you seen Lucas yet?” Kristina questions. “No, we just got here about a minute ago.” Rebecca reveals. “I hope he’s okay. I’m really worried that this funeral is gonna completely wreck him.” Kristina says. “I think it would be understandable if it did. The pain Lucas is experiencing right now must be unbearable.” Rebecca notes. “It is. When I thought I lost Kristina years ago, it nearly killed me.” Brady recalls. “We need to do everything we can to make sure that doesn’t happen to Lucas by giving him the support he needs.” Kristina says. “We should probably head inside. The service is gonna be starting any minute.” Andy says. The four head inside.

Inside, Kristina hugs Lucas as Brady, Serena, Andy, and Rebecca look on. “How are you holding up?” Kristina asks. “Pretty good.” Lucas says. “You’re a terrible liar sometimes, you know that?” Kristina asks. “I’m just happy to be surrounded by people who loved Lydia.” Lucas says. “Speaking of people who loved Lydia, I saw Madeline lurking in the corner of the room.” Andy notes. “I know that everyone here probably hates my mother’s guts, and for good reason, but I really hope you can all put that aside today, for Lydia’s sake.” Serena says. “I’ll try my best to be civil, I’m just not sure Madeline will be willing to make the same effort.” Lucas says.

Acerbi enters the church, and notices Lydia’s picture at the altar. Acerbi flashes back.

“Wow, that was really thoughtful of you.” Lydia says. “I am a doctor, its my job to do whatever I can to help save lives.” Acerbi says. “Maybe, but you have gone above and beyond for me. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but you have been a really good friend to me, Olivia. I honestly don’t know what I would do without you.” Lydia says, before hugging Acerbi. Acerbi smiles. “I cannot believe I am saying this, but it means the world to me to have someone refer to me as a friend.” Acerbi says.

Madeline comes up behind Acerbi. “Well, this is an unexpected surprise.” Madeline notes. “Madeline.” Acerbi mutters. “Hello Doctor Acerbi.” Madeline greets her. Acerbi turns to face Madeline. “Since you are here, it gives me the opportunity to offer my condolences. I am terribly sorry for your loss. I too lost a child in that horrible explosion, and I wouldn’t wish that sort of pain on anyone else.” Acerbi says. “I heard about the death of your daughter. It was quite tragic, as was the death of your son.” Madeline says, before flashing back.

In a hotel in an undisclosed location, the elevator doors open in a corridor, and a very much alive Brody wheels the bandaged man from The Evil Force’s castle off of the elevator! “I know its taken a while to get here, mate, but it looks like we’ve finally reached the end of our journey.” Brody says. Brody stops at a door, and then knocks on it. A moment later, an unseen individual opens the door. “I’ve been expecting you. Please, come in.” The mystery person says. Brody wheels the bandaged individual in. “After The Evil Force’s castle exploded, I got back in touch with Doctor Andropov, and he gave me specific instructions to bring our friend to you.” Brody says. Madeline closes the door to the hotel room! “Oh Mr. McKay, I am most grateful for your help.” Madeline says.

“If only I were on better terms with Brody at the time of his death…” Acerbi says. Madeline smiles. “At least you still have one child remaining. Speaking of Adelina, will she be attending her sister’s funeral?” Madeline questions. “Adelina unfortunately won’t be able to attend.” Acerbi reveals. “Oh, how unfortunate. What ever could be keeping her from her own sister’s funeral?” Madeline questions. “You know why she isn’t here.” Acerbi growls. “What exactly are you insinuating, Doctor Acerbi?” Madeline asks. “Now isn’t the time to discuss this, we are here to celebrate Lydia’s life.” Acerbi says. “And why are you here to celebrate Lydia’s life? If you aren’t here as moral support for your daughter, who couldn’t be bothered to attend, what possible reason could you have to be here?” Madeline asks. “Lydia and I grew rather close in the final months of her life.” Acerbi reveals. “What could a has been like you possibly have to bond with my daughter over? Is this because you killed that Mia Goo woman?” Madeline asks. “Lydia and I were growing close long before Mia’s death.” Acerbi says. “I see. How disappointing that Lydia would develop a bond with her father’s mistress.” Madeline says. “I deeply regret my affair with Walter!” Acerbi snaps. “Do you also regret the child it produced?” Madeline wonders. “I don’t regret Adelina. I regret the circumstances of her birth, and I do regret that those circumstances may mean I never see her again. But, I suppose it is better than the alternative.” Madeline says. “And what alternative would that be?” Madeline asks. “Adelina is not responsible for her father’s infidelity, you need to leave her alone!” Acerbi says. Madeline cackles. “As lovely as that sounds, there must be consequences for your affair with my husband.” Madeline says. “Why not just kill me then?” Acerbi asks. “Though the idea is appealing, I’m afraid your precious Adelina is a constant reminder of Walter’s inability to remain faithful. I know that Adelina went into hiding, with some assistance from my treacherous brother in law Lysandros., but even he can’t keep her hidden forever. Eventually I will track Adelina down, and I will dispatch of her just as I did her father before her.” Madeline says. Acerbi grabs Madeline’s arm. “If you lay one finger on my daughter, I will make sure you join your swine of a husband in hell!” Acerbi threatens. “My, such language! Have you forgotten we are in the house of the lord?” Madeline asks. “If God chooses to smite me, I’ll make sure I’m standing next to you when it happens.” Acerbi says. Serena walks up to them. “Is there a problem?” Serena questions. “Your mother and I were just having a conversation about how your sister Adelina can’t come home because your mother will kill her.” Acerbi says. “And I was just explaining to Doctor Acerbi that I bear no ill will towards Adelina, nor do I blame her for Walter’s affair. If she wishes to return home, I won’t do anything to harm her.” Madeline says. “You are a liar!” Acerbi snaps. “Can we table this conversation until AFTER the service? Its about to start!” Serena says. “My apologies, Serena. I’m going to go take my seat.” Acerbi says, before walking away. “I think I will do the same.” Madeline says. “Not so fast. You’ve already picked a fight with Lucas, and now I find you going at it with Acerbi? Any more problems from you and I will have you thrown out!” Serena warns. “You would really do that to your own mother?” Madeline asks. “In a heart beat!” Serena says.

At the Stanpatos Mansion, Dylan comes into the living room dressed in a black suit. “Where are you going dressed like that?” Daisy questions. “Lydia’s memorial.” Dylan reveals. “Are you sure that’s a good idea when everyone there hates you?” Daisy asks. “That’s not fair. I’m not sure EVERYONE hates me.” Dylan says. “True, probably just most people.” Daisy says. “I wasn’t sure if I was going to attend, given how ugly things ended between Lydia and I. But, I feel like it would be disrespectful not to, given our history.” Dylan says. “Do you want me to come with you? That way there will be an even bigger pariah in the room to distract people from you.” Daisy notes. “I appreciate that, but I don’t want to put you through that.” Dylan says. “Aw, that’s sweet. Well at least let me walk you out.” Daisy says. “That’s doable.” Dylan says. Dylan and Daisy head into the foyer, and when Dylan opens the front door, he finds a man in a suit standing outside. “Mr. Woodward!” Dylan exclaims. “Dylan. May I come in?” Woodward coldly asks. “Actually, I was just on my way out.” Dylan says. “This can’t wait.” Woodward tells him. Dylan steps aside, and Woodward walks in. “Daisy, I’d like you to meet Warren Woodward, he’s a member of the Stanpatos Enterprises board, probably one of the most prominent members. Mr. Woodward, this is Daisy Nichols, my new head of legal.” Dylan says. “Its a pleasure.” Woodward says. “Likewise.” Daisy responds. “So, what’s going on? How come you flew all the way here from Paris?” Dylan questions. “I think we should probably discuss this in private.” Woodward says. “Don’t worry, whatever you can say to me, you can say in front of Daisy.” Dylan says. “I hope that’s true, because what I’m about to say doesn’t paint you in a very good light.” Woodward says. “What’s going on?” Dylan questions. “Do you remember that church that reached out to you looking for a donation?” Woodward asks. “Yeah, what about them?” Dylan asks. “What about them? They’re appalled by your behavior, and quite frankly, so am I! Do you know one of the priests did an interview with New Horizons Media going into great detail about the horrible email you sent the church? Do you realize how much bad publicity that is going to earn our company?!” Woodward asks. “Wait, back up a minute. What email?! I never responded to the church!” Dylan reveals. Daisy nervously looks on…

At the park, Ava and Victor are sitting on a bench. “Where are Mom and Dad? Are they on a date?” Ava questions. “No, they aren’t. A friend of theirs passed away, and they’re attending the funeral.” Victor reveals. “How come I couldn’t go?” Ava questions. “They probably didn’t think a funeral would be very appropriate for you. Besides, we’re having fun! A lot more fun than you’d be having at a boring funeral.” Victor says. “Oh yeah, I’m having a BLAST.” Ava sarcastically says. Victor notices Virginia walking by. “Virginia!” Victor calls out. Virginia turns towards Victor. “Oh hey Victor, I didn’t see you there.” Virginia says. Virginia turns towards Ava. “And who might this lovely young lady be?” Virginia asks. “This is Ava, my great niece.” Victor says. “Its lovely to meet you, Ava! And might I say you have some fabulous style! I assume your Uncle didn’t pick out your outfit. Bless his heart, but he’s NEVER had a very good eye for fashion.” Virginia says. “Thanks. I picked it myself.” Ava says. “Why don’t you join us?” Victor asks. “I don’t want to intrude.” Virginia says. “You wouldn’t be. I’m going to go and play.” Ava says. “Just don’t go too far.” Victor urges. “I can’t make any promises.” Ava says, before running off. Victor rolls his eyes, and Virginia sits next to him. “That girl is just exploding with personality.” Virginia says. “That isn’t always a good thing. She likes to think she’s older than she actually is.” Victor notes. Virginia laughs. “This is only just the beginning. Once she’s a teenager, she’ll think she is the smartest person to have ever walked the Earth. But you have kids, so I’m sure you already know this.” Virginia says. “I do. Do YOU have kids?” Victor wonders. “I was just thinking of how I was when I was a teenager.” Virginia claims. Victor chuckles. “In fairness to you, you probably were the smartest person in the world when you were a teenager. In fact, I’m willing to bet you still are.” Victor says. “I’m gonna stop you right there, we aren’t doing this dance again.” Virginia says. “What are you talking about?” Victor asks. “I’m saying that there is no way you and I are getting back together!” Virginia says!

Ava is running through the park, when she almost bumps right into another boy around her age. “Sorry, I didn’t see you there.” Ava says. “I did kind of come out of nowhere. I’m Vaughn.” Vaughn introduces himself. “That’s an interesting name. I’ve never met a Vaughn before.” Ava notes. “I get that a lot.” Vaughn says. “Are you new in town? I don’t think I’ve seen you around before.” Ava says. “I’ve lived here my whole life.” Vaughn says. “How come I haven’t seen you at school or anything?” Ava asks. “I attend a private school. So, what’s your name?” Vaughn asks. “Ava.” Ava reveals. “That’s a very pretty name.” Vaughn tells her. Ava smiles. “Thanks. So...do you come to this park often?” Ava questions, trying to make conversation. “Rarely ever. I prefer to spend my time exploring.” Vaughn says. “Exploring where?” Ava asks. “Forests, graveyards, all sorts of different places.” Vaughn says. “That all sounds really cool. Maybe you could bring me on one of your adventures sometime.” Ava suggests. “I’d be delighted. There’s this really cool place I’d love to bring you right now, if you’re interested.” Vaughn says. “What is it?” Ava wonders. “Its an old crypt belonging to previous kings and queens of Fantastic City from the medieval era. The only problem is, the crypt is somewhere on the Goo family property, so if we went, we’d be trespassing.” Vaughn says. “That won’t be a problem. Andy Goo is my Dad.” Ava reveals. “Awesome! Does that mean you’ll come?” Vaughn questions. “Sure...I just need to ask my Uncle first.” Ava reveals.

At the church, Father Curtis is at the altar talking, when Julia quietly enters and takes a seat next to Lucas. “I didn’t think you’d come, given the controversy around us.” Lucas notes. “I’d be a pretty crappy friend if I didn’t come to support you today.” Julia notes. “If everyone would join me in saying a prayer for Lydia.” Father Curtis says. Everyone puts their heads down, and quietly prays for Lydia. “Thank you. Now, I understand that a few would like to say some words in Lydia’s honor. Who would like to go first?” Father Curtis asks. Serena stands up. “I’ll go.” Serena answers. Serena makes her way to the front of the church. “So, I don’t think its a secret here to too many people that Lydia and I didn’t always get along. In fact, I’d say that for most of our lives we probably despised each other, and when Lydia showed up here in Fantastic, I was NOT happy.” Serena says, before flashing back.

"What are you doing out of the nut house? Did you escape?" Serena asks. "No, I was released." Lydia says. "Even after what you did to that poor husband of yours? Dandy was it?" Serena asks. "It was Andy, and you know that." Lydia says. "Whatever his name is, he must be feeling mighty happy to be free of you." Serena says. "Shut up before I scratch your eyes out." Lydia warns.
“She wasn’t very happy to see me either, and things were pretty testy for a while there, but eventually, a miracle happened. Somewhere along the way, we actually became sisters. We started looking out for each other, we took care of each other, and most importantly, we loved each other. I’m so happy that Lydia and I got the chance to become close, because she turned out to be the best big sister a girl could ask for. I just wish...I wish we had become closer sooner. I know, it probably wasn’t possible because she was struggling with her inner demons, and I was the bratty little sister that didn’t really care, but...I just wanted more time, more memories. I feel like we should’ve had WAY more together!” Serena turns towards Lydia’s picture. “But the memories we do share...the happy ones...they’re magical. I love you sis, and I promise I am gonna try my hardest to make you proud of me.” Serena tells her.

The camera fades.

Acerbi is standing up at the altar now. “I am not one who has forged many friendships since arriving in Fantastic City, and for good reason. Not many people want to be associated with me given my past crimes, and I have never been one to seek out friendships. I saw them as a waste of time. But, that was only because I didn’t realize what I was missing out on. Lydia and I have known each other for many years, but it wasn’t until recently that we connected. Lydia and I both found ourselves at a bar in the middle of the day, and Lydia was upset about the tension that pesky Zoey Kellers was creating for her and Lucas. Our exchanged started with snark, but as the conversation developed, we formed a connection. When the conversation ended, I told Lydia to keep me in the loop regarding any development with her situation, and looking back at that moment, it was probably the first time I showed any interest in anyone that wasn’t Wishbone or my children. What was special about Lydia was that...she treated me as an actual person. She showed me kindness, friendship, things that I have seen very little of in my life, probably for good reason. I am not ashamed to say that because of those reasons I became Lydia’s biggest cheerleader. But, as her sister said, my only regret is that we did not become closer sooner. Having someone in my life that I could call a friend...I am stunned to say it was wonderful, and I am going to miss that terribly. I am going to miss Lydia terribly.” Acerbi says.

The camera fades

Lucas walks over to the altar, and takes a deep breath. “I’ve been dreading this day, I’m not gonna lie. This is the day where I officially have to say goodbye to Lydia for the last time, a woman who has brought so much light and happiness to my life. In the beginning, Lydia and I knew each other, but we didn’t really like each other. Lydia had plenty of reason to hate me, I was working with Quinn Goo while he was impersonating Dylan, a man Lydia was involved with at the time. When Lydia thought Dylan was dead, that was when began getting close. Lydia knew that someone had killed Dylan, and she came to me because she thought my connections could help track down Dylan’s murderer. Lets be clear about one thing, Lydia didn’t want my help, she didn’t want anything to do with me, but she was so determined to find the person responsible for what happened to Dylan, that she was willing to put her hate for me aside for the greater good. So, Lydia and I teamed up to try and find Dylan’s killer. That was the beginning of our story, one of the greatest love stories in history, in my biased opinion. Working together so closely really helped us get to know each other, and actually like each other. Lydia was a real guiding light in my life. Its because of her that I was able to leave my old life behind and reinvent myself as someone closely resembling a decent man. Honestly? I owe my life to that beautiful and amazing woman. She saved my soul. She helped me evolve as a person, something I didn’t even think was possible for me, and she gave me the most love and care I have ever experienced. There will never be another like her, and even though she’s no longer here, I am going to continue being the man she always knew I could be. I’m gonna live by the example she set.

Camera fades

Madeline is now up at the altar. “I’m sure you are all surprised to see me up here. I admit, sentiment is not something I showcase very often. However, today must be an exception. Oh my darling Lydia...what a brilliant mind she possessed. From the moment she was a young girl, I knew she was destined for great things. My late husband Walter had intended for both of our daughters to run Masters Corporation side by side, and though Serena’s life went down a different path, Lydia followed in her father’s footsteps and became an inspirational business tycoon. Unfortunately, she also had a great deal of untapped potential, which I blame her poor choice in paramours for.” Madeline says. Lucas stands up. “What do you think you’re doing?!” Lucas asks. Madeline continues. “As brilliant as my daughter was, allowing herself to fall in love with a feeble, insignificant gangster was one of the poorest decisions she has ever made, a decision which came back to haunt her many times. Lucas Cambino was a blight on my daughter’s life, one that brought her great pain and heartache. I chose not to intervene in order to avoid alienating Lydia, but after seeing the disaster Mr. Cambino attracted to her life, I greatly regret not dispatching of him when he came to visit me in Greece a few years ago. Oh the pleasure I would’ve taken in cutting his throat from ear to ear, and then using his tawdry clothing to wipe my dagger clean afterwards.” Madeline says. “You need to get out before I throw you out!” Lucas warns. Madeline laughs. “I see you are finding the truth rather difficult to face, that’s quite alright. Continue to spend your life living with the delusion that you and my daughter shared this magnificent love story, but the fact still remains that she would have been far safer and happier if she had never met you. Lydia may be gone, but I take comfort in knowing that you never had the opportunity to marry into my family again.” Madeline says. Andy stands up and grabs Madeline’s arm. “Its time to go.” Andy tells her. “Of course you would come riding to Lucas’ defense! You know all too well what it is like to have an unhinged interloper disrupt your relationship and endanger the woman you claim to love. Although in fairness to Lucas, at least he wasn’t foolish enough to impregnate that Zoey woman like you did with Daisy Nichols.” Madeline says. “Is this how you want to honor your daughter? By trashing everyone at her funeral?!” Kristina asks. “My dear, please mind your business. We’re discussing committed relationships, something a serial cheater such as yourself wouldn’t know anything about.” Madeline says. Kristina slaps Madeline! “That was a mistake…” Madeline says. Serena walks over to Madeline. “GET OUT!” Serena yells. “Surely you don’t mean that.” Madeline says. “Oh trust me, I do. In fact, I never want to see or hear from you again! I’m embarrassed to call you my mother, and if I never saw you again after today, that would be too soon!” Serena yells. “I’m not sure this is the appropriate venue to be having that conversation.” Madeline says. “You want to talk to me about inappropriate? You just used your own daughter’s funeral as your own personal soap box! You stand there and you claim that you love me and Lydia, but you never loved us! You wanted to control us! That’s why you spent so much time with Lydia when we were younger, you took advantage of her psychological problems so that you could try and turn her into your mini me! Cold, calculating, vindictive! But it didn’t work! Lydia got better, and she became everything that you hate! She was kind, she was generous, she was an amazing person, the kind of person you could NEVER be, not even if you tried! Honestly? I should’ve cut you off entirely when you killed Daddy, that should’ve been the final straw, but for whatever reason, I still tried to be civil with you. Not anymore though. I don’t want anything to do with you, mother! I don’t want you anywhere near me, I don’t want you anywhere either of my boys, you are officially DEAD to me!” Serena yells. “Do you really think this is what Lydia would want?” Madeline asks. “Absolutely!” Serena says. “Lets get moving.” Andy tells Madeline. “I’d be more than happy to help you escort her out.” Acerbi volunteers. “And I would be delighted to have a reason to defend myself from you.” Madeline tells Acerbi. “You can either let Andy walk you out of here, or I’ll arrest you for disturbing the peace.” Rebecca says. “What authority do you have to arrest anyone?” Madeline wonders. “I’m the police commissioner again.” Rebecca reveals. “The police commissioner again? My, the Fantastic P.D’s standards really are quite low to accept you back after firing you two or three times.” Madeline notes. “This is your last chance.” Andy warns. Madeline pulls her arm away from Andy. “I don’t need an escort, I’ll leave of my own accord.” Madeline says. Madeline turns towards Lucas. “Take one final look at my daughter’s photo, because when your time finally comes, you won’t be going to the same place as her.” Madeline says. Madeline blows Lucas a kiss, before walking out. “Well that took a dark turn. I’m sorry you had to listen to all that nonsense.” Julia tells Lucas. “Except its not nonsense...its all true.” Lucas says, before rushing out of the church.

Woodward chuckles. “I didn’t think you would sink low enough to pretend you didn’t send that email!” Woodward says. “I am telling you the truth! I was going to make a donation to the church, I just haven’t responded to the email yet! Even if I had turned them down, I wouldn’t have done it in a way that would come back and bite the company!” Dylan says. “Even if you didn’t send that email, it doesn’t make you look any better. It just means that someone else got access to your computer or your email, which means you were careless!” Woodward says. Dylan flashes back.

“What are you doing at my computer?” Dylan asks Daisy.

“I’ll be more careful next time.” Dylan tells Woodward. “You better be, you’re on thin ice! If you don’t believe me, I’m sure Bethany Wilson would be more than happy to have her old job back, a job that she was seemingly better at than you are! Keep that in mind.” Woodward says, before leaving. “Wow, that’s pretty crazy. Any idea who could’ve sent that email?” Daisy asks. “Don’t bother acting surprised. You’re the one who sent that email, aren’t you?” Dylan asks!

“I wasn’t suggesting we get back together.” Victor claims. “Oh please. The only people you’re ever nice too are your kids and the people you want to sleep with.” Virginia says. “I’ve mellowed over the years.” Victor says. Virginia laughs. “That’s a good one!” Virginia says. “I’m being serious! But really, what would be so bad about giving our relationship another shot?” Victor asks. “What happened between us was a bad idea back then, and its a bad idea now!” Virginia says. Victor sighs. “Things were complicated back then.” Victor admits. “Complicated is one word for it. We were having an affair! You were cheating on your wife, the mother of your kids, with me! Why would you want to revisit that?” Virginia asks. “I suppose a relationship between us would probably bring a new set of complications. Plus, I never did tell anyone about our affair, including my children.” Victor says. “Did your wife ever find out?” Virginia asks. “She didn’t. After she and I decided to work on our marriage, I thought it would be best not to tell her. It didn’t really matter in the long run. Things still didn’t work out between Jane and I when she left our family to go and pursue her career.” Victor says. “I’m sorry. I was really pulling for the two of you.” Virginia says. “I appreciate that. So, is there anyone special in your life?” Victor wonders. “I got married a couple of years after you and I last saw each other, but unfortunately...he died years ago.” Virginia says. “I’m sorry for your loss. If anyone deserves happiness, its you.” Victor tells her. Virginia smiles.

“Is it really necessary for you to ask your uncle?” Vaughn asks. “I can’t just leave to go to a crypt without asking my uncle’s permission first.” Ava notes. “He’s going to say no as soon as he finds out you’re going to a crypt.” Vaughn says. “Probably...I’ll just leave a few details out, like where I’m going. I have to at least let him know I’m going somewhere. I can’t just disappear.” Ava says. Vaughn sighs. “Okay. Let me know what he says.” Vaughn says. Ava smiles, and takes off to find Victor.

Victor and Virginia stand up from the bench. “I should get going.” Virginia says. “It was nice seeing you again, and for what its worth, you are probably right. Revisiting our relationship would be a bad idea. If Brady and Ciara found out I cheated on their mother years ago, I’m not sure they would be able to forgive me.” Victor says. Ava runs over to Victor and Virginia. “Uncle Victor, I met a new friend. Is it okay if I go somewhere with him for a bit?” Ava asks. “That depends. Where do you plan on going?” Victor asks. “On an adventure.” Ava cryptically states. Victor chuckles. “Well before you go anywhere with him, I think I should probably meet this boy first. His parents too, if possible.” Victor says. “I didn’t see his parents anywhere, but I can at least introduce you to Vaughn.” Ava says. “Vaughn, huh?” Victor asks. Victor turns towards Virginia. “I guess that’s my cue to go. It was nice seeing you again.” Victor says. “You too, Victor.” Virginia says. Virginia turns towards Ava. “See you later, Ava.” Virginia says. “Bye.” Ava says, before she pulls Victor away by his hand.

Ava and Victor make their way over to the part of the park where Vaughn was, and a look of confusion crosses Ava’s face. A view of the park shows that Vaughn is gone. “I don’t get it, he was just here a minute ago. VAUGHN!” Ava calls out. No one responds. “Maybe Vaughn’s parents took him home.” Victor suggests. “But I told you Vaughn’s parents weren’t here!” Ava says. “If Vaughn was around your age, I doubt he came here all by himself. Do you think he materialized out of thin air, and then disappeared the same way?” Victor questions. “I guess you’re right, I just don’t get how he could’ve disappeared so fast…” Ava says. A cold wind whistles through the park. “Did you feel that? It feels like the temperature dropped 20 degrees. We should probably get going.” Victor says. Victor then leads Ava away…

“What would give you the idea that I sent the email?” Daisy asks. “I caught you at my computer.” Dylan reminds her. “I was checking my emails, Dylan! I even showed you the open tab! Do you really think I had enough time to switch tabs and then log into my own email after you came back into the office?” Daisy asks. “Maybe you already had the tab with your email open in case I caught you.” Dylan suggests. Daisy shakes her head. “I can’t believe you’re accusing me of this! What reason would I have to send that email? If you would actually take a second to think about this instead of jumping to the wrong conclusion, you would realize that I don’t have a motive to sabotage you! You haven’t done anything to me, so why on earth would I want to hurt you?” Daisy questions. Dylan sighs. “You have a point. I just can’t think of any other logical explanation. Did someone hack into my email? Did someone break into my office and use my computer? Whatever the case is, clearly someone wants to sabotage either me or the company.” Dylan says. “I don’t have motive to do either. I love you, and I know how much you love this job.” Daisy says. “I know. I’m sorry for accusing you.” Dylan says. “Its okay. So, are you still going to Lydia’s memorial?” Daisy asks. “Its probably over by now. That idiot Woodward held me up for too long.” Dylan complains. “How does Woodward even have any power at the company? He’s not a Stanpatos.” Daisy points out. “Woodward was apparently close friends with my father, and my father made him chairman of the board. When I got the company back from Kristina Cat, I gave Woodward his old job back, which was probably a bad idea because Woodward probably has just as much power as I do, given that he’s chairman.” Dylan says. “Don’t let Woodward get to you. We’ll find out who is sabotaging the company, and then Woodward will back off when he realizes you didn’t do anything wrong.” Daisy says. “It won’t be enough to just prove Woodward wrong. I won’t rest until the person responsible for this is exposed, and then I’m gonna make sure they’re thrown in jail for corporate espionage.” Dylan says. Daisy nervously smiles…

In Lydia’s Study, Lucas is sitting in front of the fireplace when he flashes back to moments with Lydia.

Lucas opens the door of his apartment, and finds Lydia standing there. "Can I help you?" Lucas asks. "I certainly hope so, I need your help." Lydia says.

"So what are we supposed to do while we're trapped in here?" Lydia asks. "Do you like board games?" Lucas asks. "You want to play board games at a time like this?" Lydia asks. "Sure, why not? We have nothing better to do, and obviously we have nowhere to go." Lucas says.

"What kind of question is that?" Lucas asks. "Before these past few months, I've always thought you were a lowlife mobster who had no regard for anyone else. But since getting to know you, I've realized that I was wrong about you. You try to act like a big dangerous mobster so that you can scare your enemies, but deep down you are a devoted friend and an all around good guy. So why are you wasting your time in this cut throat business when you have the potential to be so much more?" Lydia asks. Lucas takes a deep breath and sits on the couch. "Its really complicated. I have been in this business since I was seventeen years old. My father brought me on to show me the ropes of the business. Before you get the wrong idea, he didn't force me to become part of the business, he gave me a choice, and I chose to become a part of the family business. I always admired my father, ever since I was a little boy, I wanted to be just like him. Even when I got older and I learned the true nature of his business, I still wanted to be a part of it. I guess it was probably because I wanted to be just like my father." Lucas says. "And now? Your not a kid anymore Lucas, you are your own man." Lydia says. "Its too late for me to get out." Lucas says. "Its never too late." Lydia says. "With all due respect, you don't know how this business works. Once you're in, there is no way out." Lucas says. "But you want to be out. Come on Lucas, I can see it in your eyes. Your not the same little boy who wants to follow in his father's footsteps. You want a life where you don't have to keep looking older your shoulder in fear." Lydia says.

"Lucas!" Kristina yells. "Don't worry, I'm fine." Lucas says. Lucas turns around and sees Lydia has been shot! Lucas runs to Lydia's side. "Oh no, Lydia!" Lucas yells.

The paramedics wheel Lydia off the elevator with Lucas close behind. Acerbi walks over to them. "What happened?" Acerbi asks. "A bullet wound to the stomach." One of the paramedics says. "This looks very severe. We have no time to lose, get her to cubicle two, IMMEDIATELY!" Acerbi yells. "Your gonna be alright, Lydia." Lucas says before the paramedics wheel her off.

"I didn't know you felt so strongly about my business." Lucas says. "Neither did I, but this is starting to get out of hand. Lucas, you are a good friend of mine, and I don't want to have to keep worrying about you every time somebody new targets your business." Lydia says. "I appreciate your concern, but I'll be fine." Lucas says. Lucas turns around to leave. "I see, so do my feelings on the matter not mean anything to you? Do I not mean anything to you?" Lydia asks. Lucas turns around. "How could you say that? Of course you mean something to me, you mean everything to me! I LOVE YOU!" Lucas blurts out!

"You cant be with me, may I ask why?" Lucas asks. "Because I cant live with the constant fear of danger looming over us. I loved Dylan, a lot, but we were never living a safe lifestyle. He was always disappearing for months at a time so that he could go off on some adventure and I was never sure if he would come back alive. And look where that got him? Because of his love for danger, he ended up getting on Kadmos' bad side and now he is dead! Your lifestyle is much worse, because there are constantly people gunning for you to the point where I'm expecting to turn on the news some day and see that your body was found in the Fantastic River with six bullets in it. I just cant live in that kind of fear." Lydia says. Lucas nods. "I understand. I'm sorry things didn't turn out different." Lucas says. "Me too." Lydia says. "I should probably go." Lucas says. "Maybe you should." Lydia says. Lucas goes to leave, but then stops and turns around. "I'm not giving up on us. I will fight, fight until the very end if it means you'll be waiting for me." Lucas says before walking out.

Lydia opens the door to Lucas. "Lucas, I wasn't expecting to see you so soon after last conversation." Lydia says. "I know, may I come in?" Lucas asks. Lydia hesitantly nods. Lucas walks in and the two enter the living room. "So, what are you doing here?" Lydia asks. "Well, um, I did a lot of thinking after our last conversation. Actually, let me rephrase that, I didn't do anything thinking at all, because I knew what I had to do. When we talked last night, you said that you couldn't be with me because of my profession." Lucas says. "Right, and I'm standing by that statement." Lydia says. "And I wouldn't dream of asking you to change your opinion on the business, which is why I decided to walk away." Lucas says. "Walk away...from what?" Lydia asks. "The business, I am no longer in charge of the Cambino crime family." Lucas says. "Wait...your...are you serious?" Lydia asks. "I've never been more serious. It didn't take me long to realize that my love for you was far more important than my business." Lucas says. "But what about your power, your connections, everything you've built?" Lydia asks. "All of it is irrelevant. Besides, I've made arrangements for the organization to live on. I gave control of it to my brother, on the conditions that he doesn't come after either one of us and that he destroys Jack Fulton. I want Fulton to pay for what he did to Nico." Lucas says. "Wow, I'm surprised that you did that, you hate Corey." Lydia says. "Like I said, I did it mostly to make sure that Corey doesn't come after us." Lucas says. "Wait, doesn't Cambino Furniture count as part of your organization? Did you sell that too?!" Lydia asks. "Yes I did." Lucas says. "That was all you had." Lydia says. "Not true, I have my love for you. Its a lot easier to get a new job then to find the person that makes you happy the most. I think it was a pretty fair exchange." Lucas says.

"Please Lucas, think about all of those people in the living room at Lysandros' mercy, or my helpless nephew. He needs to be stopped, and you might be the only person to do it." Lydia says. Lydia picks up the gun and hands it to Lucas. "Please...do it for me." Lydia says. "What you are asking of me....is insane." Lucas says. "I know, but its the only way. We cant let that psycho win." Lydia says. "Killing you would be doing exactly that, Lysandros wants me to be the one to pull the trigger, he doesn't care if I die, but he does care if you die." Lucas says. "Then pay him back, ten fold. You shoot me, and then you hunt down that sorry excuse for a human being and you pump him full of so many bullets, he'll have more holes than swiss cheese." Lydia says. "I want to do that, but I also want to have you by my side when I do it." Lucas says. "I will be by your side, in spirit. Nothing can keep us apart, even death." Lydia says. "I cant believe this is really happening." Lucas says. "Neither can I, but it is necessary in order to save everybody else. I hope you understand that." Lydia says. Lucas tearfully nods. "Yeah, I understand. I don't like it at all, but I understand." Lucas says. "Then do it. Pull the trigger." Lydia says.

words cant really describe how I feel about Lydia. A year ago, when you showed up at my doorstep, asking for my help, I never would have imagined what would come after. You have added so much light to my life, and its because of you that I have inspired to become a better man." Lucas says.

CAMERA FADES

*"When I first came to you, I was lost. I had just lost Dylan, who was the love of my life, and all I wanted to do was find out who took him from me. But what started as an unlikely partnership between two people who could barely stand each other, turned into a life long friendship. You mentioned in your vows that I added light to your life, well, you ARE the light of my life. It was thanks to you that I was able to move past my grief and resume my life, and I don't think I will ever be able to repay you for that. I look forward to all of the years you and I are going to spend together. I look forward to all of the fun times, all of the family gatherings, all of the rough patches, everything." Lydia says.

CAMERA FADES

*Lucas slides the ring onto Lydia's finger. "With this ring, I do the wed." Lucas says.

CAMERA FADES

*Lydia slides the ring onto Lucas' finger. "With this ring, I do the wed." Lydia says.

At New Horizons, Lucas and Lydia are trapped inside of an elevator. "This is all your fault." Lydia tells Lucas. "How do you figure?" Lucas asks. "Your building obviously has faulty elevators!" Lydia suggests. "Nice try, but I have the elevators inspected often. Its probably just a simple malfunction. It happens." Lucas says. "How long are we going to be trapped in here?" Lydia questions. "Until maintenance notices there is a problem and fixes it." Lucas says. "This is ridiculous! Why do I have to be trapped in an elevator with you, of all people?!" Lydia wonders.

"I was never happier than when I was with you. You were the light in my life that outshined the darkness. You saved my soul." Lucas tells her. "You saved mine, too. When you and I first teamed up, I was so distraught over Dylan's death, I was willing to go to unimaginable extremes to avenge him." Lydia notes. "I remember. You...you held a gun on The Master, and then Kadmos." Lucas recalls. "I would've pulled the trigger, both times, if you weren't there to talk me down...I don't know, Lucas, maybe one of the reasons I bought New Horizons was so that I could be close to you again. I have tried so, SO hard to move on, but...a part of me still misses you." Lydia tearfully admits. Lucas begins stroking Lydia's cheek. "I miss you, too." Lucas whispers. Lucas and Lydia inch closer to the other, staring deeply into each other's eyes.

"I thought you were happy with Bethany." Lydia notes. "She's not you, Lydia. I...I care about Bethany, a lot, but I could never love her the way I love you." Lucas reveals. "The way you love me? Present tense?" Lydia questions. "I've never stopped loving you. The only reason that I even broke up with you is because it felt as if Dylan was in the relationship with us, ever since he came back." Lucas says. "I screwed up badly, leading you and Dylan on." Lydia acknowledges. "It seems like you're happy, though, since ultimately, you chose to be with Dylan." Lucas notes. "What if I made the wrong choice?" Lydia asks. "Why would you say that?" Lucas wonders. "Don't get me wrong, I love Dylan, and he and I share a lot of history together. When you left me, and I ended up reuniting with Dylan, I...I thought I was making the right choice for myself. But, as time went on, I realized that this Dylan is a completely different person from the man I fell in love with, and even if he were...he's not you. As much as I loved Dylan, he was never here for me the way I wanted him to be. He was always away, usually in some type of danger. But you...you hardly ever left my side." Lydia notes. "Except when I pretended to be dead for a little while, after Mia shot me and I fell into the river." Lucas recalls. "That was a crappy thing to do, but my point still stands. You might not be perfect, but even through the ups and downs, you've always been perfect for me, its why I've never stopped loving you. I'm still in love with you!" Lydia tearfully confesses. Lucas and Lydia stare into each other's eyes for a moment, before pulling each other into a passionate kiss!

Back in the present, Lucas stands up, screams, and throws his glass into the fireplace! Lucas then collapses into the chair and begins sobbing. “I don’t know how I’m going to do this. How am I supposed to go on without the love of my life?” Lucas cries. The camera focuses on Lydia’s picture…

In an undisclosed location, beeping can be heard from medical monitors. A doctor is standing over someone as a man in a suit comes in. “Doctor Stewart, the boss wants an update on the patient.” The man in the suit says. “I am going to give you the same update I have been giving you for months. She still hasn’t regained consciousness, and quite frankly, I’m not sure she ever will. I’m sure you know she went through quite the ordeal.” Doctor Stewart says. “Keep us updated.” The man in the suit says before walking back out. Stewart turns towards the mystery patient. “You know, I pity you. What motivation do you really have to regain consciousness? When you do, you’ll find yourself in an unfamiliar place, and you’ll quickly realize that the entire world believes you’re dead and has moved on without you. But...that is the way the boss wanted it. For the time being, no one can know that Lydia Masters is alive and well.” Stewart says. The camera pans over, and reveals an unconscious but very much alive Lydia!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down