QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S3 Episode 10

Go down

Fantastic S3 Episode 10 Empty Fantastic S3 Episode 10

Post by QG Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:53 pm

At the park, Victor and Julia have taken their places at separate podiums, as Brady, Kristina, Kaylie, and several bystanders look on. Julia notices Lucas arriving on the scene, and he waves at her. “Clear a path! Coming through!” A familiar voice can be heard saying. Betty pushes her way through the crowd. “What are you doing here?” Victor questions. “Excellent question, Mr. District Attorney. I’ve been tasked with moderating today’s debate.” Betty reveals. “You can’t be serious. This is a clear conflict of interest! I have it under good authority that you recommended Julia to a client when you were out of town in the past, so clearly the two of you not only know one another but are on good terms!” Victor states. “Oh don’t you worry your shiny, bald head, I know how to remain impartial.” Betty assures Victor. “You better hope so, or I will make sure you never moderate another debate again!” Victor warns. “You know, its probably not a good idea for you to be leveling threats at civilians in front of a crowd of witnesses.” Julia points out. Victor scoffs. “In any events, I think it is time we get this show on the road, don’t you?” Betty asks. “Absolutely.” Julia says. Betty grabs a microphone. “Good afternoon, lovely people of Fantastic City! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Betty Thorne, I’m a local defense attorney. One of the best in the region, I might add, some may even argue the country. Anyways, I will be the one moderating today’s debate in the matter of who will become the next District Attorney of Fantastic City. On my left, I have current District Attorney Victor Goo, and on my right, I have his opponent, Julia Gray. Now that I have introduced the candidates, the debate can properly begin.” Betty says. Victor and Julia glare at each other…

In Rebecca’s hospital room, Bethany is sitting by Rebecca’s bedside. “So, what have you gotten yourself into this time?” Rebecca asks. “Nothing! But, a friend of mine might be in some trouble. You see, she got herself involved with this guy…” Bethany says. “And I assume you suspect this guy is bad news. What gives you that impression?” Rebecca questions. “My friend is gay, Rebecca.” Bethany reveals. “Oh...and, just how involved are these two?” Rebecca asks. “They’re engaged.” Bethany tells her. “I see. It sounds like you have good reason to be concerned then.” Rebecca says. “Right, and she’s clearly uneasy around this guy too, its like he makes her skin crawl! Not that I blame her, he makes my skin crawl too. Anyways, its clear that this loser is holding something over her head, and I want to find out what that something is so I can rob him of his leverage and free her from him.” Bethany says. “Do you think your friend is being blackmailed?” Rebecca questions. “I doubt it. She would never even jay walk, never mind commit a crime serious enough to get blackmailed into marriage.” Bethany says. “Maybe he’s threatening someone she cares about. Does your friend have any family?” Rebecca asks. “Her immediate family is just a mother and a sister.” Bethany says. “Maybe he’s threatening one of them...do you know if he would have the resources to hurt them?” Rebecca asks. “It sounds like he’s pretty powerful. He’s the CEO of this really big tech firm called Iron Clad.” Bethany reveals. “That company sounds familiar. What is this man’s name?” Rebecca questions. “Xavier Irons.” Bethany reveals.

Xavier and Daisy are on the hospital elevator, which is now stuck in place thanks to Xavier. “You and I need to have a chat about what you and Lucas Cambino did to Joe Fish.” Xavier tells her. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Daisy lies. “Oh? So then you don’t remember the hospital going into lock down? Joe had just tried to kill Rebecca Rogers, and was desperately searching for a way to escape. Unfortunately for him, he never made it to the exit because you and Lucas knocked him out before that could happen. Once Joe was unconscious, you and Lucas disguised yourselves as hospital orderlies, you put Joe on a gurney, covered him with a sheet, and then smuggled him out of the building to a warehouse. Once there, all I can do is speculate what you planned to do to Joe to make him pay for the death of your child. By the way, I truly am sorry for your loss. Back to the topic at hand, the day after the lock down, Lucas ended up being stabbed by Joe and you were kidnapped. The two of you gave this convoluted story to the police about how Joe came across you, but the truth is you were only ever in Joe’s way because you were holding him prisoner. Joe found a way to escape, he stabbed Lucas, and then he kidnapped you in the process. How am I doing on the facts thus far?” Xavier questions. “Where did you get all of this information?” Daisy asks. “I’ve been watching you for some time. Ever since you returned from your father’s castle, really. Don’t feel too special, you’re hardly the only person I’ve had under surveillance, your boyfriend has also been of great interest to me.” Xavier says. “Is this about that meeting you and Dylan had earlier?” Daisy asks. “Its related, but more on that later. You’re a smart woman, Daisy, so I’m sure you realize just how dangerous this information could be to your life. If this information got out, you would lose everything and be thrown in jail in the process, and the same goes for your co conspirator, Lucas. With that being said, I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that. I would like to resolve this in a civilized manner, but that is only possible if you comply.” Xavier says. “How much?” Daisy asks. “Pardon?” A confused Xavier asks. “How much money do you want in exchange for your silence? Name your price, and I will make sure you get it.” Daisy says. “How do you plan on paying me? Its my understanding that your father didn’t leave you any money when he died, and you’ve been unemployed ever since you were disbarred.” Xavier points out. “I’m sure I could convince Dylan to give me the money.” Daisy says. “Wouldn’t Dylan want to know why you needed the money? Unless...he already knows what you did to Joe. And there presents yet another set of problems for you, Daisy. Dylan knows the truth, which makes him an accessory, and just as much at risk of going to prison as you and Lucas. I’m sure you understand just how much you stand to lose.” Xavier says. “Even more reason to pay you off!” Daisy says. Xavier chuckles. “I have more money than I know what to do with, I’m afraid I can’t be bought.” Xavier says. “You must want something, or else you wouldn’t have cornered me in an elevator! You would’ve gone straight to the police, or you would’ve kept quiet and not said anything at all! Honestly, I don’t even know why I’m entertaining any of this! It doesn’t matter what you know, you don’t have a single shred of proof!” Daisy tells him. Xavier smiles. “Do you honestly think I would’ve come here without the proof to back up my claims?” Xavier asks. “I don’t know, Xavier! I don’t even know you!” Daisy says. “I recorded the conversation you and Lucas had in his hospital room earlier.” Xavier reveals. “How could you have done that when you were with Dylan at the time?” Daisy questions. “I had an associate plant a listening device in Lucas’ room while he was asleep. Given everything I know about you, I knew it was only a matter of time before you went to Lucas to make sure he had no plans of exposing you, and as usual, I was right.” Xavier says. Daisy smiles. “Well go ahead then, give the recording to the police. Just don’t be surprised when they laugh you right out of the police station, because the recording won’t be admissible in court. You see, in this state, for the recording to have any worth, at least one of the parties involved in the conversation would have to consent to being recorded. But, since Lucas and I were the only ones there, and we had no idea we were being recorded, that makes your little recording useless.” Daisy says. “I’m impressed that you are still so familiar with the law, given your career has been over for so long. Of course, that particular law came in handy in helping you avoid prosecution for gaslighting Rebecca. That and the baby you were carrying. Fortunately, that recording isn’t the only evidence I have, it only exists to point the police in your direction.” Xavier says. Xavier reaches into his jacket pocket, pulls out some pictures, and hands them to Daisy. Daisy looks through them, and they show her and Lucas dressed in hospital scrubs, wheeling a body bag out of the hospital. “These prove nothing!” Daisy snaps. “What were you and Lucas doing dressed in scrubs when neither of you work at the hospital? And why were you wheeling a body bag out the same night Joe disappeared from the hospital? The pictures are time stamped, by the way.” Xavier says. Daisy rips the pictures up. “They’re nothing now!” Daisy says. Xavier sighs. “That certainly puts a damper on my plans.” Xavier says. Daisy smirks. “Sorry.” Daisy says. “At least that is what I would say if I hadn’t made several copies. I have digital copies too, by the way, copies all set to be sent to your friends at the Fantastic P.D.” Xavier says. “Don’t you dare!” Daisy warns. “Calm down. This doesn’t have to end with you in prison, Daisy. I never would’ve approached you if there wasn’t a way out.” Xavier says. “So spit it out then! What do you want?!” Daisy asks.

At the park, as Brady, Kristina, Kaylie, and Lucas look on, Betty approaches Victor’s podium. “Mr. Goo, you have been the District Attorney of this city for many years now, would you care to refresh the community’s memory on your accomplishments?” Betty asks. “I’d be happy to. First, I would like to note that the crime rate has gone down in recent times. Five years ago, there was a heavy mafia presence in Fantastic City, but that is no longer a problem we are dealing with. Unfortunately, gang violence is still a problem that exists in Fantastic, but I have been keeping a close watch on things, and they appear to be getting better every day. Each day, a new gang member is taken into custody, making the streets a much safer place to walk.” Victor says. Betty turns towards Julia. “Do you disagree with Mr. Goo’s assessment of his tenure as District Attorney, Miss. Gray?” Betty asks. Julia chuckles. “Where to begin? First, I guess I should point out that though crime may be down, that has nothing to do with the D.A. Crime is down because most of this city’s major criminals have ended up dead, the most recent example being Joe Fish, who’s crime spree was only cut short because of a civilian’s intervention when Joe was trying to kill another individual. Then, there is the notorious criminal and terrorist known as The Master, who threw himself off a bridge before he could be taken into police custody. And then who could forget Mia Goo, who was shot and killed before she could face the consequences of her actions?” Julia asks. “I’m glad you brought up Mia. Prior to her recent reign of terror, Mia had spent four years in a super max insane asylum. Why was she in that asylum? Because I got her sent there.” Victor says. “With all due respect Mr. District Attorney, I don’t think you should be bragging about getting Mia sent to an insane asylum rather than prison. If she had been sent to prison, she would probably still be there, but instead you got her sent to an insane asylum where she was able to fool her doctors into thinking she was adjusted enough to return to society. But, the awful truth is, Mia never belonged in that asylum, did she? There’s no arguing that she unhinged, but being unhinged doesn’t always warrant being committed. For a criminal of her level to be committed, they would have to be unaware that there is anything wrong with their actions, but I’ve reviewed the 2017 case file on Mia, and she was perfectly aware that she had committed wrong doing. The only reason she was sent to that asylum in the first place was because of you! For those of you that don’t remember the details of the case, let me refresh your memory. After she was arrested, Mia offered information to D.A Goo in exchange for a deal. She gave him confirmation that Joe Fish was alive, and in exchange, he made arrangements for her to go to the Colossal Heights Insane Asylum rather than prison, which is where she belonged. Mind you, this deal turned out to be pointless in the end. Joe was never arrested. In fact, he resurfaced in Fantastic not long after and poisoned the city. So not only did the D.A not capture Joe Fish, but he opened the door for Mia Goo to be released four years later, and resume her reign of terror. So in case it wasn’t clear, I don’t believe our District Attorney has the people’s best interest at heart, not unless the people in question happen to be family like his cousin Mia.” Julia says. Kristina turns towards Brady. “Well this is off to a great start.” Kristina sarcastically says. “Yeah, just not for my Dad.” Brady adds.

“I’ll see what I can find out about this Xavier, and if he really is a danger to other people, I will do everything I can to bring him down.” Rebecca tells Bethany. “Thank you, just please don’t push yourself. I don’t want you to have some kinda setback.” Bethany says. “I killed Joe Fish and had a confrontation with Daisy, I think I’ll be just fine.” Rebecca says. “I hope so. Not to make this about me, but besides Kaylie, you are the only person in Fantastic that tolerates me.” Bethany says. “And I will continue to tolerate you for a very long time. I’m not going anywhere.” Rebecca tells her. Andy walks in. “Hey, I hope I’m not interrupting anything.” Andy says. “No. Rebecca and I were just catching up, and I was just leaving.” Bethany says. Bethany turns towards Rebecca. “Talk soon, K?” Bethany says. “Okay.” Rebecca says. “Love you.” Bethany tells her. “Love you too.” Rebecca says. Bethany walks out. “Sorry it took so long for me to get back, but the elevator closest to your room isn’t working for some reason. Did I miss anything while I was gone?” Andy questions. “Besides Bethany, Daisy dropped by for a visit.” Rebecca says. “What’d she want?” Andy asks. “She claims she came to thank me for killing Joe, but she made sure to stir the pot while she was here. Enough about her though, how did everything go with Internal Affairs?” Rebecca questions. “Not the way I hoped they would. As of today, I’m no longer a cop.” Andy reveals. Rebecca sighs. “I’m so sorry to hear that.” Rebecca says. Andy sits next to Rebecca’s bed. “Honestly, I’m not surprised. I kinda figured Internal Affairs would end up going this route. I was the police commissioner, not only was I supposed to be a symbol of justice and decency to the people of Fantastic but I was supposed to set an example for my fellow officers. But...I didn’t do that, I let my friends and my colleagues down.” Andy says. “You made a big mistake, just like I did when I killed Andre. But, you are taking responsibility for what you did, and for that, I am so incredibly proud of you.” Rebecca says. “Thank you, that means a lot. Anyways, now that that’s settled, its time for me to figure out where to go from here. What’s my next career move?” Andy wonders. “Do you need one? You are wealthy enough where you could stay home for the rest of your life.” Rebecca notes. “That might be fine for a little while, but I can’t sit around at home forever! I’ll have to get back to work at some point.” Andy says. “Don’t worry, you have all the time in the world to decide on a new path for yourself. In the meantime, I think I have something to keep you occupied.” Rebecca says. “What’s that?” Andy asks. “Bethany came to me and asked me to investigate someone, maybe you could give me a hand.” Rebecca suggests.

“You don’t have to worry, I’m not going to ask you to rob a bank or anything outrageous like that. My request is actually pretty simple.” Xavier says. “Stop talking in circles and just tell me what you want.” Daisy says. “As you probably remember, I paid a little visit to your paramour earlier.” Xavier says. “So what?” Daisy asks. “I am the CEO of a very successful tech company, and I was hoping Dylan may be interested in having Stanpatos Enterprises buy my company. I would remain CEO, but Iron Clad would be a part of Stanpatos Enterprises. So, all I would need from you is to convince your beloved Dylan to accept my offer.” Xavier says. “Why do you need me? Did he turn you down?” Daisy asks. “No, but he didn’t agree either. Clearly he’s on the fence, so I just need you to push him on to the right side of the fence.” Xavier says. “Why do you want this partnership with Stanpatos Enterprises so badly anyways?” Daisy asks. “I just want to form a lucrative partnership that will financially benefit my company. I did consider approaching Masters Corp, but seeing how that company is in turmoil after the untimely death of Lydia Masters, I thought Stanpatos Enterprises would be a safer bet.” Xavier says. “And that’s all you want from me?” Daisy asks. “That’s all I want. Of course, you can’t say anything to Dylan about why you are pleading my case. That wouldn’t be helpful to anyone involved, least of all you.” Xavier says. Daisy sighs. “I suppose that’s doable.” Daisy says. “Lovely. Just try to keep in mind that I only hold up my end of the bargain if you successfully convince Dylan to partner up with me. There will be no A for effort, just an unflattering orange jumpsuit tailored just for you.” Xavier says. “Can you let me off of the elevator now?” Daisy asks. “I don’t see why not. I’ve said everything I need to say.” Xavier says. Xavier presses the button, and the elevator begins moving again. When the elevator doors open, Acerbi is revealed to be standing on the other side! “I see I’ve found the source for the elevator disruption.” Acerbi growls. Daisy points at Xavier. “Talk to him.” Daisy says, before getting off the elevator and leaving. Xavier steps off of the elevator. “My name is Xavier Irons.” Xavier says. “I don’t care. Did you purposely stop the elevator?” Acerbi questions. “I’m afraid I did. I needed to talk to Miss. Nichols.” Xavier says. “If you need to talk to someone, you visit them at their home, you bring them out for coffee or perhaps something a little stronger, you don’t trap them in an elevator. Do you realize how imperative the elevators are to patient care? How do you suppose we transport our patients between floors? Do we wheel them up the stairs? Do we use black magic and teleport them? No, we use the elevators. So, by rendering one of them temporarily useless, you have disrupted the care of this hospital’s patients.” Acerbi says. “I am sincerely sorry.” Xavier tells her. “Do you know what I don’t find charming? British accents. I just thought I would clarify that before you tried to use it to your advantage.” Acerbi says. Xavier laughs. “You are giving me far too much credit, I’m afraid I’m not that cunning. But I truly am sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused to the hospital, I see now I should have taken a different approach. As a show of remorse, I would like to make a contribution to the hospital. Who would I go about giving that to?” Xavier questions. “I will suffice. I am the chief of staff, after all.” Acerbi says. “That does not surprise me in the least, given your commanding presence.” Xavier says. Xavier writes out a check, and hands it to Acerbi. Acerbi’s eyes widen when she sees the amount. “That is a lot of money. Should I be concerned the check will bounce?” Acerbi asks. “I assure you that I am good for it. I am a very wealthy man.” Xavier says. “I suppose I accept your apology, just don’t you dare ever use one of my elevators for personal use again!” Acerbi warns. “Perish the thought! You have a lovely day, Doctor.” Xavier says. Xavier goes to walk away. “Wait!” Acerbi tells him. Xavier turns back towards her. “Is something wrong?” Xavier asks. “I’m not sure...this isn’t the first time we’ve met, is it Mr. Irons?” Acerbi questions. “I think I would remember meeting someone so much larger than life itself. Besides, I haven’t been in Fantastic City for very long.” Xavier says. “I’ve only lived here for a little over seven years. Before that, my work was primarily in Phoenix, but I’ve done work all over the world.” Acerbi says. “What could possibly have a doctor globe trotting?” Xavier wonders. “I traveled quite a bit with a man who was once my significant other, and I also served as the personal physician for the Stanpatos family. Are you familiar with them?” Acerbi questions. “I’ve heard of them. I’m actually looking to go into business with Dylan Stanpatos.” Xavier reveals. “Is that so? Have you ever met Dylan Stanpatos, or any other member of the Stanpatos family?” Acerbi questions. “I met Dylan earlier today, but the others? No, I can’t say I’ve had the pleasure. But you seem like you are quite familiar with the family. Perhaps I could treat you to dinner, and you could tell me what I’m in for.” Xavier says. “Perhaps you already know what you are in for, and that’s why you are interested in Dylan. Don’t play dumb, Mr. Irons, I get the sense that you are far too smart for that.” Acerbi says. Xavier smiles. “You seem to have me figured out quite nicely, which is why I’m sure you’re too smart to get in my way.” Xavier says. Xavier goes to walk away, but Acerbi grabs his arm. “Who are you really?!” Acerbi asks. Xavier pulls his arm away from Acerbi and smirks. “All will be revealed when the time is right.” Xavier says, before strolling away as Acerbi glares at him…

At the debate in the park, Betty turns towards Victor. “Would you like to respond to Miss. Gray’s claims?” Betty asks. “Claims is an excellent word to describe what she just said, because she has no proof backing them up. Yes, I made a deal with Mia years ago, Joe was clearly the bigger fish out of the two of them so I wanted to do what I could to catch him. However, my deal with Mia had NOTHING to do with Mia’s very distant relationship to the Goo family.” Victor says. “Mia is your cousin, so not too distant.” Julia says. “Please Miss. Gray, let Mr. Goo speak.” Betty urges. “Mia could be my sister and I still wouldn’t consider her to be a close relative. If anything, I see her as an embarrassment to the family name and to the legacy that my sister Molly has left in this city. Was sending Mia to an insane asylum ill advised, looking back? Perhaps. But that was nearly five years ago.” Victor notes. “Mia’s last reign of terror was far more recent than that.” Julia points out. “I will NOT take responsibility for my cousin’s actions!” Victor snaps. Julia smirks. “I rest my case.” Julia says. Betty sighs. “On that note, I think it is time to move on.” Betty says. Betty turns to face Julia. “Miss. Gray, you have never served as District Attorney in any county before, what do you hope to accomplish if you win this election?” Betty asks. “I’m hoping to bring objectivity to the table, which is something that is desperately needed not just in Fantastic, but in this country in general.” Julia says. “Care to elaborate?” Betty asks. “I’m mainly referring to race. What happens to a white person when they are convicted versus what happens to a black person or a person of any other ethnicity when they are prosecuted. Just look at the statistics. You’ll see when a white person is convicted of a crime, their sentence is likely to be lower than that of a black male convicted of the same exact crime. As a person of color myself, I’m hoping to make sure that happens far less frequently. I realize that as the DA I don’t decide the outcome of the case, but I do influence the case, and I could give recommendations on how long a convicted defendant should serve in prison and why they should serve that amount of time. Basically, my goal is to bring fair prosecution to the table, no matter what your skin color may be, and I will prosecute you based solely on the crime you committed, as well as how much genuine remorse you exhibit.” Julia says. “Do you feel that prosecuting people based on their race and not just their crime is a problem that plagues Fantastic City?” Betty questions. “I can’t say anything for certain, but I have reviewed some of the cases District Attorney Goo has prosecuted, and the differences are very telling.” Julia says. Betty turns towards Victor. “What is your response, Mr. District Attorney?” Betty asks. “I’m just curious if Miss. Gray is shouting nonsense or if she has actual evidence to back up her absurd claims.” Victor says. “Don’t worry, I always bring receipts.” Julia says. Julia reaches into her briefcase, and pulls out some notes. “The people of Fantastic City versus Liam Stokes. Mr. Stokes was a 22 year old white male who was arrested in 2019 for possession with the intent to sell. The drug in question was cocaine, and when the defendant was tried and convicted in 2020, our District Attorney recommended he serve three years in prison.” Julia notes. “Is there a point to this trip down memory lane?” Victor interrupts. “Excuse me, I’m speaking!” Julia snaps. Victor quiets, and Julia continues. “In 2018, Miles Peters was arrested for the possession and intent to distribute of marijuana, which at the time was still illegal in Fantastic. Miles was 18, he was black, and he ended up getting five years in prison. The key points being? Cocaine is clearly the more dangerous drug of the two, and Liam Stokes had been arrested once before for the same exact crime, yet somehow, Liam, the white male, got the lighter sentence. How in the hell did that happen, Mr. District Attorney?” Julia asks. “I can’t tell you how that happened because I can’t be expected to remember the cases in question! Do you realize how many cases I prosecute every year? I can’t be expected to remember the details of each and every case I have prosecuted, especially when the crime involved is something as common as drug dealing! With that being said, I’m not the one who sentences people, that would be the judge!” Victor snaps. “In both cases, the judge went with your recommendation for sentencing.” Julia reveals. “I’m sure the circumstances involved would explain my decisions. I will tell you one thing though, never in my entire career have I ever prosecuted someone based on their race! You say you want to bring objectivity to the table? Its been at the table for years, its never left the table! I approach every case objectively, and I will continue to do so until I retire! As for your claims? Nothing more than speculation, and if speculation is the only thing you have to back up your reasons as to why you should be the next DA of Fantastic City, then there is no chance in the world you’re going to come out on top! You are young, you are inexperienced, and your whole campaign is built on speculation and grasping at straws! I can’t speak for the people of Fantastic City, but if I weren’t a part of this race, if I were just a voter and my choices were you and someone else, unless that someone else was an ax murderer, I would probably vote for them!” Victor shouts. “Well...I think that is all the time we have for today. Thank you all for coming, and I will see you next time!” Betty says, before walking away. Julia storms over to Victor’s podium. “Inexperienced, huh?” Julia asks. “I was simply stating facts.” Victor claims. “Well since you love facts so much, here are some more for you. You tried to use the fact that I was still young against me, but I don’t think you realize just how many people in this world are looking for new blood. The world is evolving, Victor. People are getting tired of the same old white men that have been in power for decades, and because of that, politics are going to keep getting younger and more diverse. You think that your seniority and your last name is enough to keep you in office? I can’t wait to prove you wrong.” Julia says. “And I can’t wait for you to fall on your face and make a complete fool out of yourself. You may act tough on the outside, but at the end of the day, in the political world, you are just a little girl playing an adult game.” Victor says, before walking away.
Lucas walks over to Julia. “Are you okay?” Lucas asks. “I’m fine. I actually think that went pretty well.” Julia admits. “I always find it impressive when someone is able to put Victor Goo in his place. I also appreciate you bringing up Mia Goo. You brought up an excellent point. If Victor hadn’t made that deal with Mia years ago, she might not have gotten the chance to come after Lydia and I all over again. Personally, anyways. She still found a way to get someone else to do her dirty work while she was locked up.” Lucas says. “Yeah, well Victor should be held accountable for his mistakes.” Julia says. “I just hope you’re prepared. Sure, the Goo family has a saintly reputation in this city, but don’t let that fool you. Victor will play as dirty as possible without breaking any actual rules in order to knock you out of the race.” Lucas says. “Let him do his worst, I’ll be ready for him.” Julia says. Lucas chuckles. “How do you feel about going out for a drink?” Lucas asks. “Are you asking me on a date?” Julia questions. “No, of course not. I’m nowhere near ready to date again after losing Lydia. But, you’ve done a lot for me in the short time I’ve known you, and you could probably use some down time after going toe to toe with the Grinch himself.” Lucas says. “Hm...well, I should probably start working on my strategy for the next debate. Plus, I have a campaign rally tomorrow, and as perfect as I am, I have a tendency to procrastinate sometimes, which is why I still haven’t written the speech I was going to make.” Julia says. “Well, if you’re too busy…” Lucas begins to say. Julia smiles. “I think I can squeeze in some time for a client.” Julia says. “Great.” Lucas says. “But I’m picking the venue, and even though you may be tempted to buy my drink, I’m more than capable of paying for myself.” Julia says. “Those terms sound reasonable.” Lucas says. “Great. Lets get going then.” Julia says. Julia and Lucas go to walk away, but Kaylie approaches them. “I’m sorry to bother you, Julia, I just wanted to check and make sure you were okay.” Kaylie says. “Why wouldn’t I be?” Julia asks. “Victor said some pretty nasty things about you. Calling you inexperienced, saying that you’re a little girl playing an adult game.” Kaylie points out. “I have thick skin, it’ll take more than that for Victor to rattle me.” Julia says. “I know.” Kaylie says. “Why did you come to check on me then?” Julia questions. “It...it was really just an excuse for me to come and make conversation with you.” Kaylie admits. “I don’t really have time to talk.” Julia says. “Oh...okay. Sorry.” Kaylie says. Julia notices the disappointed expression on Kaylie’s face. “But...I don’t know, maybe we could get together sometime soon.” Julia suggests. Kaylie’s face lights up. “That would be great! I’d really like that. Good night, Julia.” Kaylie says, before walking away. “How do you and that police detective know each other?” Lucas questions. “I’ll explain later.” Julia says. Julia and Lucas walk away.
Nearby, Victor notices Lucas and Julia leaving together. Brady and Kristina come up behind Victor. “That debate sure was something.” Brady says. “I couldn’t agree more. It exceeded my expectations!” Victor exclaims. “I’m glad you think so.” Brady says. “Do you not agree?” Victor questions. “Aren’t you worried that Julia might’ve gotten into the voter’s heads with the points she brought up?” Brady asks. Victor scoffs. “The people of Fantastic City know me, they know how I think and operate. You know who they don’t know? Julia Gray! She is a virtual stranger to them! Not only that, but she is young and inexperienced! They are never going to vote for her!” Victor says. “Julia isn’t THAT young. She looks like she’s at least in her thirties, and that could be what gets her votes. A lot of young people these days want younger people in office, not only someone they find relatable, but someone who has a more modern view of the world, not something straight out of 1954, or even 2004!” Kristina says. “If that’s how young people are voting these days, then this world is going to hell!” Victor comments. “You kinda need those young people’s votes to win, Victor. You can’t just alienate them because you don’t agree with them!” Kristina points out. “How am I supposed to win over people who are so intolerant of other people’s view points?” Victor questions. “They aren’t intolerant of other people’s view points! Just the racist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic and all around hateful ones!” Kristina argues. “I’m none of those things!” Victor claims. Kristina gives Victor two thumbs up. “Riiiiiiight.” Kristina sarcastically says. Victor turns towards Brady. “You need to keep your wife in check!” Victor tells him. “You’re proving Kristina’s point! Telling me to keep Kristina in check? Why should I? She has a mind of her own, a pretty great one at that!” Brady says. “Aw, thanks babe.” Kristina says. Victor sighs. “Maybe I shouldn’t have said that.” Victor says. “If you want to win, you need to make sure you never say anything like that again, ESPECIALLY in a public place. Julia seems pretty smart, so she is going to weaponize every little thing you have ever said or done. So, from this point on, you need to try and behave yourself! Not only that, but you should be doing BACK FLIPS to try and impress the young voters because they are the future of this world, and lets be real, your current audience is people in the old folks home and second amendment fan girl hillbillies, the latter which Fantastic City doesn’t even have much of!” Kristina says. Victor sighs. “I have no concerns of Julia winning, but I agree I should try to appeal to young people more, and I have the perfect way to do it! Kristina, I’d like to hire you as my campaign manager.” Victor tells her!

“Who does Bethany want investigated?” Andy questions. “His name is Xavier Irons, and he’s engaged to Bethany’s female best friend, Bethany’s GAY female best friend.” Rebecca reveals. “I see where this is going. So since this woman is gay, Bethany thinks she was forced to accept this guy’s marriage proposal.” Andy realizes. “That’s exactly right.” Rebecca says. “Do we know anything about him besides his name?” Andy asks. “He’s the CEO of a tech company called Iron Clad.” Rebecca reveals. “I’ve heard of Iron Clad, and now that I think about it, I’ve heard of Xavier Irons. That got got rich pretty fast because of Iron Clad’s success.” Andy notes. “I wouldn’t be surprised if there is more to how Xavier got rich than just Iron Clad.” Rebecca says. “There’s only one way to find out. We put Irons and his life under a microscope. So, how do you want to go about this?” Andy asks. “I want you to take a look into Xavier’s past, examine every little detail to see if you find anything suspicious.” Rebecca says. “What will you be doing in the meantime?” Andy asks. “Once I’m discharged from here tomorrow, I’m going to pay Xavier a visit and find out exactly what kind of person we’re dealing with.” Rebecca says.

At Stanpatos Enterprises, Dylan is sitting with his feet up on his desk in his office when Daisy walks in. “You look like you’re hard at work.” Daisy says. “I can’t get much done if I’m not comfortable. I’m a little surprised to see you.” Dylan admits. “I went home looking for you, but when I couldn’t find you, I figured I’d check here.” Daisy says. “I’m sorry I didn’t text you and tell you I was going to be late. I just got swamped with work.” Dylan says. “I remember those days…” Daisy comments. “If you want to go back to work, I’m sure I could find you something here. The corporate world loves manipulative and deceitful people, you’d fit right in!” Dylan says. “I’ll consider it. In the meantime, I wanted to find out how everything went with that Xavier person earlier.” Daisy says. “Xavier came to me because he was hoping I’d be interested in buying his company, with him remaining on board as CEO.” Dylan reveals. “Did you accept his proposal?” Daisy questions. “I’m considering it.” Dylan admits. “Well, I was curious so I did some research of my own on Xavier after I left, you know, just to make sure I didn’t accidentally leave you with a serial killer. Anyways, I was really impressed with what I saw. Xavier built Iron Clad from nothing, and it became a roaring success within its first year.” Daisy says. “I know. I read the same things when I did my own research on Xavier and on Iron Clad.” Dylan says. “And you’re still undecided?” Daisy asks. “Its just very unusual for a company to proposition me! Usually, Stanpatos Enterprises is the one giving propositions to other companies, or just taking them over without asking.” Dylan notes. “Xavier is ambitious, that could have something to do with it.  But if you want my honest opinion, I think you’d be a fool to pass up on Xavier’s offer. Iron Clad is a flaming hot company, and you have the chance to take advantage and reap the benefits of Xavier’s success.” Daisy tells him. Dylan smiles. “You make it sound so good.” Dylan says. Daisy sits on the desk in front of Dylan. “It does, doesn’t it? Xavier does all of the hard work, and then you get to collect a reasonable amount of the money he makes and laugh all the way to the bank.” Daisy says. “That DOES sound like heaven. Okay, I’m sold.” Dylan says. Daisy smiles. “Really?” Daisy asks. “Really. You convinced me. Its free money, which is the best kind of money. I’m not going to pass up on that!” Dylan says. Daisy smiles, and pulls Dylan into a kiss. “You won’t regret this.” Daisy tells him. “I know I won’t. Xavier might, but by that point the ink will already be dry on the contract.” Dylan says. Daisy laughs. “I love when you are a cold hearted, money grubbing bastard.” Daisy says. “And I love that you love that about me, sweetheart.” Dylan says. Dylan pulls money out of his wallet, and throws it into the air. As the money rains down on them, Dylan pulls Daisy into another kiss.

Bethany walks into Kaylie’s apartment, and finds Kaylie sitting on the couch. “Hey. Is Xavier home?” Bethany asks. “No, not yet.” Kaylie says. “Thank God. How did Victor and Julia’s debate go?” Bethany asks. “Its hard to say. They both took some pretty big shots at each other, but I think my sister held her own pretty well.” Kaylie says. “Did you and Julia talk at all?” Bethany wonders. “We did. Things started out pretty chilly between us, but...then Julia told me that we should get together sometime.” Kaylie reveals. Bethany smiles. “Oh my God, Kay, that’s amazing! What caused Julia’s change of heart?” Bethany wonders. “I don’t know, and I couldn’t ask her. She left somewhere with Lucas Cambino.” Kaylie says. “She went somewhere with Lucas? Bless her heart…” Bethany says. “Oh yeah, there’s history between you and Lucas, isn’t there?” Kaylie asks. “He cheated on me. Luckily for Julia, Lydia isn’t around for Lucas to cheat with.” Bethany says. “Wow…” Kaylie says. “I’m sorry, that was a horrible thing to say. I really do feel bad about what Lucas is going through, I even told him that right after he found out Lydia didn’t survive the explosion.” Bethany says. “I don’t even know if Lucas and Julia are actually dating. Lucas could be a friend, he could be a client…” Kaylie points out. “Dating a lawyer would probably be a dream come true for someone like Lucas. Anyways, clearly I am still bitter over my breakup with Lucas, so we probably shouldn’t talk about him anymore. Maybe we should revisit our talk from this morning.” Bethany suggests. “What talk?” Kaylie questions. “You know what talk. I asked you what good reason you had to be engaged to Xavier, and you brushed me off so you could get to the debate.” Bethany says. Bethany sits on the couch next to Kaylie, and takes her hand. “You know you could trust me with your life, right?” Bethany asks. “I know that.” Kaylie confirms. “So then you know that anything you tell me will never make it back to Xavier. Whatever is going on with him, we’ll face it together. Just please tell me what this leverage is Xavier is using to get you to marry him.” Bethany urges. Kaylie gazes into Bethany’s eyes for a moment, and then squeezes her hand. “Okay. The truth is…” Before Kaylie can finish, Xavier walks in. “Good evening, ladies!” Xavier greets them. “Xavier.” Bethany coldly says. “I hope I’m not interrupting anything.” Xavier says. “Bethany and I were talking about Julia’s debate.” Kaylie lies. “Ah yes. How did that go?” Xavier asks. “Its too soon to tell.” Kaylie says. “The good news is that Julia seems to be softening towards Kaylie. I’m not sure if Kaylie told you, but the two of them have been at odds for awhile.” Bethany tells Xavier. “Of course Kaylie told me, my fiancee tells me everything. Speaking of, now that I am finally home, the two of us would like some privacy. Bethany, if you wouldn’t mind…” Xavier says. Bethany fakes a smile. “Right.” Bethany says. Bethany turns towards Kaylie. “We’ll talk tomorrow.” Bethany says. Kaylie smiles. “Good night.” Kaylie tells her. Bethany stands up, glares at Xavier, and then walks into the other room. Xavier walks over to the sofa and sits next to Kaylie. “Its lovely that Julia has agreed to talk to you again.” Xavier says. “It really is.” Kaylie agrees. “Just try not to get too excited about potentially reconciling with your sister. Julia may be softening towards you now, but if she gets too close to you, she’s going to find out the truth...that her faith in you was misplaced.” Xavier cryptically warns. “I didn’t do anything you didn’t force me to do!” Kaylie points out. “Don’t shift the blame. Regardless of who is or isn’t responsible, if Julia gets too close to you she is going to find out how you let her down, and if you don’t want anyone to get hurt, you will make Julia believe that you let her down of your own free will.” Xavier tells her.

“That came out of left field. I’m not a politician!” Kristina points out. Victor chuckles. “I’m not asking you to run for mayor, I just need you to manage my campaign. As a young woman, you seem to have a pretty good grasp of what younger people want to see from politics, and as such, you may be able to help me reel some of them in. As I said before, I’m not afraid of Julia, but I do want to make sure all of my bases are covered, which means appealing to all voter bases. Think about it, and let me know. You know where to find me.” Victor says, before walking away. Kristina turns towards Victor. “That was totally random.” Kristina says. “What do you think about the idea?” Brady questions. “Honestly, I don’t know what to think. I know Victor is your father, but I don’t support his politics at all! And not only that, but we were planning on revamping Club Aqua together, I wanted to get back into the fashion industry, and there’s also that whole baby making project we wanted to work on.” Kristina says. “We’ll always find time for that.” Brady notes. “What do you think of the idea?” Kristina wonders. “It doesn’t matter what I think. Like I told my Dad, you have a mind of your own.” Brady says. “I know that, but you’re my husband, and your opinion matters.” Kristina says. “Well...I don’t really agree with my Dad’s politics either. But, his crappy politics might actually be a good reason for you to sign on. Maybe you could have a positive influence on him.” Brady says. “Positive influence? Have you met your Dad? Positive thoughts turn to dust when they come into contact with him!” Kristina jokes. “If you don’t want to do it, that’s fine with me. I just wanted to add my two cents, which is what you wanted.” Brady says. Kristina sighs. “I’ll have to think about it.” Kristina says. “I love you.” Brady says. “I love you, but sometimes I don’t love your family.” Kristina says. Brady laughs, and kisses Kristina.

Lucas and Julia are sitting at a bar in The Ancient Jewel. “And that is the whole sorted story of how things went wrong between Kaylie and I.” Julia says. “I’m really sorry about your father. I know it was a long time ago, but clearly that pain is still with you.” Lucas observes. “That pain will always be with me. I...I was closer to him than anyone else on the planet, so when I lost him...it was really hard. The craziest thing is that he wasn’t even my birth father.” Julia reveals. “He wasn’t?” Lucas asks. “That never minimized his role in my life. That man was my father in my heart, and in the end, that’s all that really matters.” Julia says. “Do you know anything about your biological father?” Lucas questions. “I never knew him, and why would I want to know him? I had everything I wanted in a Dad back home, I never had any reason to go out searching for this other father.” Julia says. “Did you ever have any questions about him?” Lucas asks. “I’ve wondered about him a few times, but like I said, its irrelevant. Blood doesn’t make a family, love does.” Julia says. Lucas smiles. “I’m surprised to hear something so sentimental coming from you, of all people.” Lucas notes. “It must be the alcohol talking. Don’t ever tell anyone I have a sentimental bone in my body.” Julia says. “Your secret is safe with me. On an unrelated note, why are you suddenly forgiving Kaylie? You’ve been holding a grudge for so long, I’m surprised you’re softening.” Lucas says. “Let me make one thing clear, I haven’t forgiven Kaylie. But...to tell you the truth, I miss my sister. The two of us have always fought about something, going back to when we were kids, but at the end of the day, we knew we could count on each other. This time, things got a little out of hand between us, but as angry as I am at Kaylie, I don’t want that to ruin our family. Kaylie has always been there for me, and even though I don’t agree with her choices, I’m gonna try my best to respect them.” Julia says. “I’m sure that will make Kaylie happy.” Lucas says. “Mmhm, but above all, it will finally shut my mother up. Every time we talk, all my mother ever says to me is “You need to stop treating your poor sister like the enemy, she’s a good person and she doesn’t deserve this!” Of course, my mother has always been a little biased.” Julia notes. “Because Kaylie is her daughter?” Lucas asks. “Because Kaylie is the baby of the family, and because Kaylie doesn’t argue with her nearly as much as I do, and probably because Kaylie is the one biological kid she has with my Dad.” Julia suspects. “I’m sure your mother doesn’t love you any less because of who your father is.” Lucas says. “I guess I know that...but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t sometimes jealous of the bond Kaylie and Mama share.” Julia says.

In an office somewhere remote, a woman is watching footage of Victor and Julia’s debate on her laptop. “Ah hell no!” The woman complains. The woman slams the laptop shut, and presses a button on her phone. “Rachel, in my office NOW!” The woman barks. Rachel comes in. “Yes, Miss. Gray?” Rachel asks. The name plate on the woman’s desk is revealed to say Virginia Gray. “Call the pilot, tell him to get the jet gassed up and ready to go, I’m heading to Fantastic City.” Virginia says. “Fantastic City? We don’t do any business there, ma’am.” Rachel says. “Oh, this isn’t business, its personal. I need to have a little talk with my daughter, face to face.” Virginia says.

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down