QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S3 Episode 05

Go down

Fantastic S3 Episode 05 Empty Fantastic S3 Episode 05

Post by QG Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:31 am

Bethany and Kaylie are sitting on the couch in Kaylie’s apartment. “What did Julia need your help with that she would put aside all of that anger?” Bethany questions. Kaylie shrugs. “Nothing special.” Kaylie claims. “It must’ve been for Julia to turn to you for help.” Bethany notes. “Gee, thanks. That makes me feel so loved.” Kaylie sarcastically says. “You were the one who said Julia can’t even stand to be in the same room as you. For some as stubborn as Julia to put aside her pride and ask you for help, it must’ve been something pretty major.” Bethany says. “I shouldn’t have even said anything. Its not my story to tell.” Kaylie says. Bethany puts her hand on Kaylie’s. “C’mon, Kay. You know you can trust me.” Bethany says. Kaylie goes to say something, but then she receives a text message. “Thinking of you, my darling. I’m hoping we see each other again very soon.” This message clearly unnerves Kaylie. “I...I don’t really feel comfortable spilling Julia’s secret. Its not that I don’t trust you, I just don’t want to betray my sister’s trust.” Kaylie says. “Well you’re definitely a bigger person than Julia. I’m not sure your sister would be half as loyal to you as you are to her.” Bethany says. Kaylie laughs. “No, probably not. Thank you for listening to me vent about Julia.” Kaylie says. “Its the least I can do. Can I make you some tea? It might calm you down.” Bethany says. “I’d prefer a beer.” Kaylie says. “Okay, got it. One beer for you, one martini for me.” Bethany says. Bethany gets up, and heads towards the fridge. Meanwhile, Kaylie opens up her message from earlier, and deletes it without responding…

Brady comes up behind Victor sitting in the park, as he is looking at a blueprint. “What’s that for? The part of the castle that blew to kingdom come?” Brady asks. “No, its for Goo Village.” Victor reveals. Brady sits on the bench next to Victor. “Oh yeah, how’s that going by the way?” Brady asks. “Very well. Construction is almost complete, and I already have several businesses interested in leasing space.” Victor says. “That’s good for the people of Fantastic, it means more jobs.” Brady says. “And all of that great publicity is good for my reelection as DA. When the people of Fantastic see how much good I’m doing for the city, they’ll have no problem voting me in for another term.” Victor says. “Why would you even be worried about reelection? You’re running unopposed.” Brady notes. Victor sighs. “That’s no longer the case. Someone is challenging me for my position, someone that could stop me from winning the next election.” Victor admits.

At the Fulton House, Andy is with Acerbi in Rebecca’s bedroom. “So why did you pick this place to be our base of operations?” Andy questions. “Its abandoned, yet luxurious. It seemed perfect for a coma patient that we want the world to believe is dead.” Acerbi says. “There’s a lot of bad history between Jack Fulton and me.” Andy recalls. “I’m aware. I’m also aware that Jack Fulton showed little interest in you prior to his death. He was far more interested in Ciara.” Acerbi remembers. “I remember. Thankfully it never amounted to anything. Fulton was bad news.” Andy says. “Agreed. Despite that, his house has proven to be quite useful.” Acerbi says. “Are you sure this house is abandoned?” Andy questions. “No one has been here since Jack was killed, you have nothing to worry about.” Acerbi assures him. Andy walks over to Rebecca’s side. “Your safe now, sweetheart. Joe is never gonna find you.” Andy assures a comatose Rebecca. Andy turns towards Acerbi. “Did the move change her condition at all?” Andy questions. “She is still the same. She hasn’t deteriorated, but unfortunately, she hasn’t improved either. Still, she is far more likely to recover now that the threat of Joe isn’t looming over her head.” Acerbi says. “Well hopefully Joe is caught soon. I don’t want to keep this lie going forever.” Andy says. “Well until Joe is either in custody or dead, the world must continue to believe that Rebecca passed away.” Acerbi notes. “Despite the reservations I have about this whole plan, I agree with you. I’m just not sure Joe is gonna go down that easily, not without hurting anyone else.” Andy says.

By the entrance of the King Beast Plaza, Lucas is staggering through, holding his wound, when Julia comes across him. “Sir, are you okay? You look a little pale.” Julia notes. Suddenly, Lucas collapses! Julia rushes to Lucas’ side, and kneels down next to him. “What happened to you?!” Julia asks. “I...was stabbed.” Lucas reveals!

Joe is holding Dylan at gunpoint in the Stanpatos living room. “I have no intention of having a drink with you! I just want to know where Daisy is!” Dylan snaps. “Oh lighten up, will you? Your tantrums aren’t going to help you see Daisy any sooner. Unfortunately for you, we’re playing on my time table now, which means if you want to see Daisy with all of her limbs in tact, you will have to do exactly as I say. Now...pour yourself a bloody drink.” Joe growls. Dylan reluctantly walks over to the mini bar, and pours himself a drink. Joe walks over to the couch and sits down, and Dylan sits in the chair next to the couch. “So, how did Daisy even get on your radar? Is it because she’s Andy’s ex fiancee? Because Andy couldn’t care less about her.” Dylan says. “Me having your girlfriend has nothing to do with Andy.” Joe admits. “So this must be about our history.” Dylan assumes. “Wrong again. Daisy entering my cross hairs had nothing to do with you, though it does add a delicious little flavor to this whole ordeal, which forces you and I to address our history with each other.” Joe says. “I don’t remember our history.” Dylan points out. “Oh, but I do. I remember every little detail, every little showdown we’ve ever had, especially the last one. It was on top of a cliff, the two of us ended up in a struggle, and we both went over. But, only one of us managed to pull ourselves up. That person went on to have a successful life, while the other person was forced to spend the next ten years in hiding, while recovering from extensive injuries caused by the fall.” Joe says. “As much as I’d love to take responsibility for that, I don’t even remember it happening. Sorry.” Dylan says. “Oh please! You are no more likely to apologize to me now than you were back then! The rest of these dullards might think you are different, from where I am standing, you are the same egotistical bastard you have always been, you are just much more upfront about it these days.” Joe growls. “You know, I don’t really feel comfortable having drinks with people who want to kill me.” Dylan says. “When did I say I wanted to kill you?” Joe asks. “You just went on a whole tirade about how I killed you! Besides, you want everyone dead! You made that pretty clear when you made fireworks out of the Goo Castle and Andy and Rebecca’s would be wedding.” Dylan says. Joe grins. “That was a LOVELY show, wasn’t it? Maybe I should do the same with the Stanpatos mansion.” Joe suggests. “Please don’t. It was just redecorated not that long ago.” Dylan says. “Did you design it yourself? If so, hire a professional next time. Maybe it will come out looking somewhat presentable.” Joe says. “I sense a bit of hostility coming from your voice. Since you’re so eager about it, why don’t you tell me more about our history together? You know, since you don’t seem ready to resolve the Daisy situation just yet.” Dylan says. “Alright. When you and I first met, I was going by the name of Dylan Cat.” Joe recaps. “You copied my name and added Cat to it?” Dylan asks. “No, Dylan Cat was an actual person. The Cats gave me plastic surgery to look like Dylan Cat, and then I assumed his identity.” Joe says. “Why would the Cats want you to impersonate one of their own?” Dylan questions. “Dylan Cat didn’t have quite the same value as some of the other higher ups within the Cat organization, so they recruited someone who was more capable of playing the role that Dylan Cat was supposed to play within their organization...within their vendetta against the Dogs.” Joe says. “There are Dogs now?” Dylan asks. “Yes, and you were one of them.” Joe says. “I’m a human.” Dylan points out. “So aren’t I! Do I look like a bloody fish?” Joe asks. “No, but then again, you said you got plastic surgery to look like a Cat.” Dylan points out. Joe lets out a frustrating groan. “We weren’t actually Dogs and Cats! TRY to keep up!” Joe yells. Joe takes a deep breath. “After I took over Dylan Cat’s life, I was assigned with the task of ruining Fantastic City. Unfortunately, one person stood between me and achieving my goal. Can you guess who that person was?” Joe asks. Dylan points at himself. “Yes, very good! Everything went down hill after you got involved. You got in my way so often, that the Cats began to lose faith in me, and eventually cut ties with me altogether! By the time I fell off of that cliff, I was all alone in the world.” Joe recalls. “That’s a very sad story Mr. Fish, truly. But, I’m sure if you had asked nicely, we could’ve been friends. From what I’ve heard, I was a stand up guy.” Dylan says. “Well you heard wrong! You were a treacherous, MISERABLE human being! Despite that little fact though, you were an excellent opponent, and made the game quite stimulating. But unfortunately you aren’t the man you use to be, so I had to settle for Andy.” Joe sighs. “Andy can be a real drag.” Dylan adds. “He actually surprised me. I always saw Andy as some useless side kick, but he really held his own the last time I was in town, which is precisely why I can’t let him live happily ever after. I need to destroy him, which means I need to kill the love of his life, Rebecca.” Joe says. “Uh...you do realize you’re talking to Rebecca’s brother, right?” Dylan asks. “I assume you and Rebecca aren’t close, given what you’ve been up to since returning from the dead, which brings me to the terms of Daisy’s safe return. If you ever want to see your girlfriend again, you need to bring your sister to me so I can finish what I started!” Joe reveals. “I guess fugitives aren’t privy to the latest news, clearly you haven’t heard.” Dylan says. “What are you talking about?” Joe asks. “Rebecca died earlier today.” Dylan reveals. Joe’s eyes widen. “That...that can’t be! The last time I saw her, she was perfectly fine! Besides the coma, of course…” Joe says. “Apparently her machines started going haywire, and then she just kinda...croaked.” Dylan says. “I’m going to need proof that Rebecca is indeed dead. Otherwise, this won’t end well for your precious Daisy.” Joe warns. “Well, since you asked so nicely…” Dylan says. Dylan looks on his phone, and then shows Joe an article on Rebecca’s death. “Is that enough proof for you?” Dylan asks. Joe smiles. “Andy must be a mess right now!” Joe gleefully states. “I assume he is. Now that Rebecca is dead though, you accomplished what you set out to do. You destroyed Andy’s life, so now its time for you to let Daisy go and leave town.” Dylan says. “I’m sorry to disappoint, but I’m afraid it won’t be quite that easy.” Joe says…

Bethany hands Kaylie her beer, and Kaylie notices Bethany’s huge martini glass. “Holy crap! When did you become such a lush?” Kaylie jokes. Bethany’s jaw drops. “I am not a lush! I just appreciate a decent martini. Its not too late for you to trade in your beer for something a little fancier.” Bethany tells her. “Thanks, but I’m not sure I want to step outside the basics.” Kaylie says. “If you never step outside your comfort zone, you could miss out on some pretty amazing things.” Bethany says. Kaylie raises an eyebrow. “Are you still talking about the martini?” Kaylie questions. “Of course I am. Actually, I call it a Bethatini. It has a nice ring to it, huh?” Bethany asks. Kaylie laughs. “How long did it take for you to come up with that one?” Kaylie asks. “Not long. I still need to patent the name, God forbid some bar steal it.” Bethany says. “Yeah, God forbid. Well, since you’re so enthusiastic about this martini...excuse me, Bethatini, I’d be an idiot to turn you down.” Kaylie says. Bethany smiles. “You won’t regret it. This drink will be the best thing to ever touch your lips.” Bethany says. Kaylie smiles at Bethany. “I’ll be the judge of that.” Kaylie says.

“So, some new lawyer is in town, and she’s threatening to take your job. What are you so worried about? The people of Fantastic know you better! Obviously they’re gonna go with the devil they know than the devil they don’t know, not at all saying you’re the devil.” Brady says. “So, some new lawyer is in town, and she’s threatening to take your job. What are you so worried about? The people of Fantastic know you better! Obviously they’re gonna go with the devil they know than the devil they don’t know, not at all saying you’re the devil.” Brady says. Victor laughs. “Thank you. But, I have a feeling Julia is willing to play dirty to get what she wants. She already tried to play the race card with me…” Victor says. “What are you talking about?” Brady asks. “Julia suggested that I am harder on people of color defendants than I am on white defendants.” Victor reveals. “Is there any truth to that?” Brady wonders. “Did you really just ask me that? My own son? You know me well enough to know that I’m not racist!” Victor says. “Its a valid question, Dad. Your political views put your views on race in a questionable light. Besides, just because you aren’t out there yelling racial slurs at every person of color you see doesn’t mean you aren’t a racist.” Brady points out. “This is preposterous! Believe it or not, I was actually involved with a black woman many years ago!” Victor recalls. “So just because you were with a black woman eons ago means you can’t be racist? Got it.” Brady says. “I can’t believe my own son isn’t even siding with me! You know me!” Victor says. “I do know you, which is why I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some truth to what this woman is saying.” Brady says. “I am NOT a racist, and I refuse to let Julia paint me as one!” Victor growls.

In her car, Julia is driving Lucas to the hospital. “How are you doing?” Julia asks. “I feel like I’ve been stabbed...but other than that? Never better.” Lucas says. “So what happened to you? Were you mugged?” Julia asks. “If only I was so lucky...have you heard of a man named Joe Fish?” Lucas asks. “Is he the one who did this to you?! How did that happen? Did the two of you run into each other by coincidence?” Julia asks. “That’s not exactly what happened.” Lucas says. “Did you go looking for Joe for some reason? Or did Joe go looking for you?” Julia questions. “Why do you have so many questions? I’m not exactly in a position to be answering questions…” Lucas claims. “I don’t know, you seem pretty alert to me. More alert than I would expect from a man who was just stabbed.” Julia says. Lucas laughs. “Thanks.” Lucas says. “So what did happen that led up to your stabbing?” Julia repeats. “This is starting to feel like an interrogation. Should I call a lawyer?” Lucas asks. “I’m accepting new clients, if you’re interested.” Julia says. “You’re a lawyer...that explains the twenty questions.” Lucas says. “Since we’re making assumptions, I’m guessing you’re either paranoid or a criminal, given how you keep dodging my questions.” Julia says. Lucas chuckles. “Am I right?” Julia asks. “You would have been if you had asked me that question six years ago, but I’m not the person I use to be. My priorities have changed.” Lucas says. “What motivated you to turn your life around?” Julia asks. “I fell in love with a woman who motivated me to be better.” Lucas says. “She must have been quite a catch.” Julia says. Lucas smiles. “She was…” Lucas says. “Are the two of you still together?” Julia questions. Lucas goes silent. “I’m prying too much. I’m sorry.” Julia says. “Its fine...Lydia died, not too long ago actually.” Lucas says. “My deepest condolences.” Julia says. “Lydia was the light of my life...and-and as if losing her wasn’t bad enough, I couldn’t even give her a proper burial. All that was left of her was a body burnt beyond recognition, a pair of earrings, and the engagement ring I had given her.” Lucas says. “Was Lydia involved in some kind of fire?” Julia asks. “No...we were both in an explosion.” Lucas reveals. “That’s interesting, Joe Fish is wanted for detonating a bomb. That’s why the two of you crossed paths, isn’t it? You went looking for revenge on the man who killed your fiancee.” Julia assumes. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.” Lucas claims. “Don’t forget I’m a lawyer. A great deal of my clients ended up in hot water because they went looking for payback. After working with them, I think I have a pretty decent understanding of revenge, and the desire people have for it.” Julia says. Lucas looks down. “I was planning on stopping Joe once and for all…” Lucas admits. “Were you gonna kill him?” Julia questions. “That was the original plan, after torturing him for a while. But, when things went too far, I could hear Lydia’s voice in my head, telling me to stop. That’s when I knew I had to change course.” Lucas says. “Did you let Joe go?” Julia wonders. Lucas shakes his head. “After I decided not to kill Joe, I decided to drop him on a deserted island instead. I figured it would be the best of both worlds. I wasn’t crossing any lines by torturing or killing him, and I was also isolating him from the rest of the world, making sure he could never hurt anyone again.” Lucas says. “You could’ve just called the cops. I’m not their biggest fan, but I think in this particular situation they could’ve made themselves useful.” Julia notes. “Joe would never have stayed in prison. He would’ve found a way to break out, and he would’ve hurt more people. My solution would’ve made sure Joe didn’t have the option to escape. He would’ve been trapped on that island until the day he died. Unfortunately, when it came time to send Joe to the island, he broke free, he stabbed me, and he kidnapped Daisy…” Lucas says. “Wait, back up! Who the hell is Daisy?” Julia asks. “I’ve already said too much…” Lucas says. “Oh, I get it. So Daisy is your accomplice. Great, now that that’s settled, we need to call the police.” Julia says. “You can’t. If you involve the cops, both me and Daisy could go to jail.” Lucas says. “Daisy being kidnapped could mean the end of her! Look, you don’t have to worry, I won’t tell them anything about the felony the two of you committed.” Julia says. Julia pulls out her phone, and makes the call. “Hi, yes, I’d like to report a kidnapping.” Julia says. Julia turns towards Lucas. “What’s her full name?” Julia asks. “Daisy Nichols.” Lucas says. “Her name is Daisy Nichols. I have reason to believe Joe Fish might be behind this...I can’t get into the details right now, just do what you can to find her. Thanks.” Julia says, before hanging up. “Thanks for not telling the police anything.” Lucas says. “Don’t thank me yet. They are going to have more questions, starting with how you got stabbed and how you knew Daisy was kidnapped.” Julia says. “Are you gonna tell them what I did?” Lucas asks. Julia contemplates for a moment, and then holds out her hand. “Give me a dollar.” Julia says. “You want me to bribe you? If I were you, I would’ve asked for more than just a dollar, but whatever floats your boat.” Lucas says, as he hands Julia a dollar. “That seals it. I am officially your attorney, which means everything you say to me is confidential.” Julia tells him. “Thank you. It means a lot to me.” Lucas tells her.

At the Fulton House, Kristina comes into Rebecca’s bedroom, and finds Andy sitting by Rebecca’s side. “Hey. I just thought I’d stop by and check in.” Kristina says. “I appreciate that.” Andy says. “I can take over watching over Rebecca, if you need a break.” Kristina suggests. “Thanks, but I’m not ready to leave just yet.” Andy says. “I get you’re worried about Rebecca, but you are a lot more useful out there right now than you are in here, especially after what just happened.” Kristina says. “What are you talking about?” Andy asks. “You didn’t get the alert on your phone?” Kristina asks. “I haven’t been paying much attention to my phone. What happened?” Andy asks. “An APB was issued for Daisy. They think Joe kidnapped her.” Kristina says. “What would Joe want with Daisy?” Andy wonders. “Maybe Joe is using Daisy to get to you. Weren’t the two of you engaged once? And I know...I know she was pregnant with your baby, which is probably a really sore subject. I’m sorry for bringing it up.” Kristina says. “Its fine. With that being said, it would’ve made more sense for Joe to target Daisy when she was pregnant. Now that our son is gone, there’s nothing tying us together.” Andy notes. Andy stands up, and slams his fist into the wall. “You don’t know how bad I want to be out there searching for that bastard!” Andy growls. “Then why aren’t you?” Kristina asks. “Because if I find Joe, I can’t guarantee I won’t put a bullet between his eyes, and I don’t want to do anything that could take me away from Rebecca or my daughter.” Andy says. “I get that, but you know Joe better than anyone else. If anyone can figure out where Joe is hiding, its you.” Kristina points out. “Honestly, I don’t even know where to start looking.” Andy admits.

“Daisy is useless to you now.” Dylan tells Joe. “Going by that logic, I should just kill her.” Joe says. “Daisy has never done anything to you, you have no reason to hurt her.” Dylan says. “I wouldn’t have kidnapped her if she were innocent.” Joe says. “Are you implying she did something to you?” Dylan asks. “That information is really quite irrelevant. Instead, why don’t we discuss the terms of Daisy’s release? Despite what you may think, I am a reasonable man, and I may be tempted to let Daisy go, provided you give me something in return.” Joe says. “If you want money, just name your price. I have lots!” Dylan says. “One hundred million dollars.” Joe states. Dylan’s face drops. “Are you insane?” Dylan asks. “Well you said it yourself, you have loads of money! One hundred million should be pocket change to a man of your considerable wealth.” Joe says. “That is a considerable amount of my fortune!” Dylan points out. “Is that money worth more to you than Daisy’s life?” Joe questions. “I am willing to pay you a large sum of money, but maybe we could negotiate the price just a bit more…” Dylan suggests. “The price is non negotiable! Unless you want me to send you Daisy’s head in a box, you’ll pay me what I am asking for!” Joe snaps. Before Dylan can respond, the doorbell rings. “Do I have permission to answer that?” Dylan asks. “Of course.” Joe says. Joe raises his gun. “Just don’t tell whoever that is that I’m here. Keep in mind that your life isn’t the only one at stake.” Joe reminds Dylan. Dylan heads into the foyer, opens the front door, and finds a cop standing outside. “Hi, my name is Officer Andrews. I’m with the Fantastic P.D.” Andrews says. “I gathered that. Are you here to ask me more questions about the explosion?” Dylan asks. “Actually, I’m here to ask you some questions about your girlfriend, Daisy Nichols. We received a call from someone that seems to think Joe Fish has kidnapped Daisy. You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would you?” Andrews asks. “No. To be perfectly honest with you, I had no idea Daisy was even missing.” Dylan lies. “You haven’t noticed that your girlfriend, who lives with you, is missing?” Andrews asks. “Daisy left early this morning, but that isn’t anything unusual. She’s been pretty distant ever since...ever since her baby passed away.” Dylan says. “Losing a baby can be a pretty painful experience. Do you have any idea why Joe would target Daisy?” Andrews asks. “I don’t know. I’m a bit memory challenged, but apparently Joe and I have a history. Maybe Joe kidnapped her to get back at me.” Dylan suggests. “Has Joe contacted you at all?” Andrews questions. “I would’ve called the police if he had. Thank you for coming by, Officer Andrews, but I really can’t talk much longer. I have a lot to do.” Dylan says. “I figured you’d want to put all that on hold. Your girlfriend has been kidnapped.” Andrews says. “When I say I have a lot to do, I mean putting together a team to track down Daisy and bring her home! I’m going to do everything in my power to bring her home safely.” Dylan says. “The Fantastic P.D is gonna do the same. I’ll let you know if I hear anything new. I trust you’ll do the same?” Andrews asks. “I swear on my brother Andre’s grave.” Dylan says. Officer Andrews nods, before leaving. Dylan closes the door, and rejoins Joe in the living room. “Congrats on getting rid of that pesky cop. You are a much better liar than I remember you being.” Joe admits. “How do the police already know that Daisy has been kidnapped? I didn’t tell them, and I sincerely doubt you told them.” Dylan says. “If not you, I assume it must’ve been Lucas, which means he survived…” Joe says. “Lucas Cambino? What does he have to do with any of this?” Dylan asks. “Don’t get distracted. Lets focus on the terms of our deal.” Joe says. “Fine. I covered for you with the police just now. That was a gesture of good faith, now its time for you to do the same by negotiating a smaller ransom!” Dylan says. “I prefer not to negotiate with idiots. One hundred million dollars is my price, and its the only way you are ever going to see Daisy alive again.” Joe says. Joe heads towards the patio doors. “Where are you going?” Dylan asks. “I’m going to give you some time to think this over.” Joe says. “How do I get in touch with you once I’ve made up my mind?” Dylan asks. “Don’t call me, I’ll call you, and you better hope you’ve made up your mind by then. Oh, and one more thing. Don’t involve the police in this, and definitely don’t involve Andy Goo. I’d prefer to keep this just between us for now. I’ll be seeing you soon, Dylan.” Joe says, before walking out. Dylan throws his glass at the fireplace!

Bethany rejoins Kaylie on the couch, and hands her a martini glass. “Here, try it. Tell me what you think.” Bethany says. Kaylie takes a sip. “Wow, this is really good! When did you become an expert mixologist?” Kaylie asks. “Don’t forget we were broken up before we were 21.” Bethany reminds her. “Don’t forget that you were drinking alcohol LONG before you turned 21.” Kaylie points out. “Well to answer your question, I learned to mix drinks while I was with Alexios. Living in this giant mansion with this huge selection of alcohol, I learned what combos worked, and which ones didn’t. This one in particular is my greatest creation.” Bethany says. “You should open a club or something.” Kaylie suggests. Bethany scoffs. “Just because I know how to make a halfway decent martini doesn’t mean I’m club owner material.” Bethany says. “Its not just the drink, its your personality!” Kaylie says. “True, I am pretty good at bossing people around. But, I have other plans for my future.” Bethany says. “Like what?” Kaylie questions. “Since I was married to Alexios when he passed away, I inherited his company: Alexios’ Creations.” Bethany reveals. “Are you gonna keep it?” Kaylie asks. “I have to. That company was Alexios’ baby. He was able to build it all on his own, something most of his family knows nothing about.” Bethany says. “I’m guessing that comment was directed at Dylan Stanpatos in particular. I heard there is some bad blood between the two of you.” Kaylie says. “He has NO business being CEO! Yes, he is adequate for an amnesiac, but the only reason he has that job is because his last name is Stanpatos. Otherwise, his ass would’ve been laughed right out of the board room!” Bethany says. “No offense, but I get the sense you’re still bitter over losing the CEO position to him.” Kaylie says. “Damn straight I’m still bitter! I might’ve been new to the corporate world when I stole the company from Alexios, but I worked my ass off to prove myself as a competent business woman, and I did prove myself! I might not be CEO anymore, but that job did my confidence a world of good.” Bethany says. “I can see that. I mean, you were always out spoken, don’t get me wrong. But for the longest time, you had these insecurities that held you back.” Kaylie recalls. “Not anymore. I’m done second guessing myself. I run my world, and no one can change that.” Bethany says. Kaylie claps. “You go girl! Don’t get me wrong, you’ve always been a bad ass bitch, I’m just glad you’ve  finally realized it yourself.” Kaylie says. “I just wish I gained this confidence sooner. Maybe...maybe things would’ve been different.” Bethany says. “What things?” Kaylie asks. “You and me.” Bethany tells her.

Victor and Brady are still sitting in the park. “You know, I’ve been thinking about how I could discredit Julia’s claims, and I think I might be able to win some brownie points with the people by donating to a charity specifically designed to help people of color.” Victor says. “Are you seriously considering bribing people of color into thinking you’re not a racist?” Brady asks. “Its not a bribe! Its a gesture to prove to them that I am not the enemy, despite what Julia wants them to think.” Victor says. Brady chuckles. “This is gonna blow up in your face…” Brady says. “Well then how do you propose I prove I’m not racist?” Victor asks. “You know Dad, I’ve found that the best way to tell people you aren’t a racist is to not be racist. I know, its crazy.” Brady says. “Don’t get flip with me. I’m also not happy that it sounds like you are taking Julia’s side.” Victor says. Brady rolls his eyes. “Come on. We wouldn’t even be having this conversation if I was. I’m just trying to help you out.” Brady says. “I don’t need help! I have nothing to prove to anyone because I know I am not a racist!” Victor says. “If you want to keep your job, it isn’t gonna matter what you think, its gonna matter what the people of Fantastic think.” Brady says. “Well the people know me. They’ll know that the tales Julia is peddling about my feelings towards different races aren’t true.” Victor says.
At the hospital, Acerbi is standing behind the nurses station on the computer, when Julia and Lucas step off of the elevator. Acerbi runs over to them. “Lucas! What happened?” Acerbi asks. “He’s been stabbed.” Julia reveals. Acerbi turns towards another doctor. “Get him immediate medical attention!” Acerbi barks. The doctor and Julia help Lucas towards a room. Once they are out of sight, Acerbi pulls out her phone…

“I think we both have regrets about the way things ended between us. But, some good things came out of it. You met Alexios, and the two of you fell in love.” Kaylie points out. “True. Alexios and I had plenty of ups and downs, but I did love him. I loved you, too, and sometimes...I wonder if I hadn’t been so determined to keep our relationship a secret, if we would still be together.” Bethany admits. “I’m not even sure I’m your type, honestly. I’m boring!” Kaylie claims. “You are not boring! In fact, I can’t think of a single second I’ve spent with you where I’ve ever been bored. I always felt so full of life whenever I was with you, and maybe that’s because we connected so good. But...I fell in love again, and I’m sure you have too.” Bethany says. Kaylie shakes her head. “Actually...I haven’t.” Kaylie admits. “Seriously?” Bethany asks. “I mean, I’ve been with quite a few people since you and I broke up, but you are probably the only person I’ve ever actually fallen in love with.” Kaylie reveals. “Um...wow.” Bethany says. “You made every day feel exciting. You were unpredictable, which kept me on my toes. Well, that plus all the sneaking around.” Kaylie says. “Again, I’m really sorry about that.” Bethany says. Kaylie shrugs. “I’m over it. Besides, you have nothing to apologize for. You weren’t comfortable telling people you were with a woman, and that was your choice. I never should’ve pressured you.” Kaylie says. “You didn’t pressure me. The way things were...our relationship was never gonna work out. We couldn’t keep sneaking around forever, no matter how appealing that sounded to me at the time. You were open and proud about the fact that you were gay, and I couldn’t stand the idea of being rejected by people because I was bi. But I’m not afraid anymore, I know I can take on anything and anyone.” Bethany says. “I’m happy to see how far you’ve come.” Kaylie says. “Have you...have you ever thought of what would’ve happened if we had never broken up?” Bethany asks. “Yeah, I’ve thought about it. I wonder if we would’ve been married by now, if we would’ve had kids...but its all pointless though. What ifs aren’t reality, they never will be.” Kaylie says. Bethany touches Kaylie’s cheek. “Maybe, but this right here is real.” Bethany says, before leaning in, and kissing Kaylie!

Back at the Fulton House, Andy’s phone starts to ring. “Its Acerbi.” Andy tells Kristina, before answering. “What’s up?” Andy asks. “Lucas Cambino was just brought into the emergency room. Apparently, he has been stabbed.” Acerbi says. “Do they know who did it?” Andy asks. “I didn’t get the chance to ask. I was more focused on making sure he received proper treatment. But, if you ask me, I think it is fairly obvious who is responsible. Joe Fish must be stopped, Andy. By whatever means necessary.” Acerbi says. “Thanks for calling. Keep me updated.” Andy says, before hanging up. “Was that about Daisy?” Kristina asks. “No...Lucas was stabbed.” Andy reveals. “What?! Is he okay?” Kristina asks. “Acerbi didn’t tell me.” Andy says. “Is Joe behind this too?” Kristina wonders. “It seems like too much of a coincidence that Daisy was kidnapped and Lucas was stabbed right around the same time.” Andy admits. “That’s even more reason for you to get involved! Joe isn’t going to stop hurting people on his own, someone needs to stop him!” Kristina says. Andy looks over at Rebecca. “You’re right. I need to track Joe down, and put an end to this once and for all.” Andy says!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down