QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

01:02 A Party to Die For

Go down

01:02 A Party to Die For Empty 01:02 A Party to Die For

Post by QG Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:50 pm

NOVEMBER 2001:
At the WPA training academy, Maxine walks down a long, empty corridor, and then stops at a door, which she finds to be guarded by two men, dressed in black suits. “Identification, please.” One of the men tells her. Maxine holds up her identification card, and both men step aside. “Please proceed.” One of them tells her. Maxine cautiously nods, and then enters the room. The room is revealed to be a conference room, with a long table in the very middle. Maxine’s eyes scan the room, and she notices an older man in a suit standing by the window. “Washington D.C is a beautiful city, wouldn’t you agree?” The man, who has a british accent, asks her, without turning away from his view. “Uh...yeah. I’ll always prefer my home city, though, you know, because of nostalgia and all that.” Maxine notes. “I’ve visited Fantastic City before, and although it certainly isn’t in the same league as New York or Washington D.C, it is beautiful nonetheless.” The man notes. “I never mentioned what city I was from...who are you?” Maxine asks. The man turns away from the window, and turns towards Maxine. “Forgive my manners. I should have introduced myself sooner. My name is Charles Greenleaf, I am the director of the World Protective Agency.” Greenleaf reveals. “Oh, wow...its an honor to meet you. But, uh, I have to ask...why did you want to meet with me?” Maxine asks. “That is an excellent question. I would like to recruit you into the agency, Miss Smarts, effective immediately.” Greenleaf reveals. “But, I still have two more years of training left.” Maxine notes. “I realize that, but I am willing to bend the rules this once. The agency is in need of several more agents. After the terrible incident that occurred at the World Trade Center two months ago, Washington is in terrible distress. They are concerned that a similar attack may take place, which is why they have requested that I bring in as many agents as possible. We need to be on the offense. It is the only way we’ll truly be able to put a stop to this brand of terrorism.” Greenleaf states. “Why did you choose me? If my calculations are right, this training academy has about 3,000 students. I doubt you are bringing all 3,000 trainees into the agency, which makes me wonder why you picked me of all people.” Maxine says. “I’ve been monitoring every trainee at this academy for the past month, and I have chosen ten students that I feel are ready to evolve from mere trainees to full time employees for the agency. I must admit, though, I found you to be the most impressive out of all the trainees. Your skill set could outshine even some of our longtime agents. So, with all of that being said, Miss Smarts, would you like to join the World Protective Agency ahead of your actual graduation date?” Greenleaf asks. “I...I’m not sure that I’m ready.” Maxine admits. “After monitoring your training, I’m quite confident that you’re ready.” Greenleaf notes. Maxine sighs. “Okay, then. If you really think I’m ready, then I’ll do it. I’ll join the WPA. After all, I know how important the fight against terrorism is.” Maxine notes. Greenleaf smiles. “I knew that if anyone would understand, it would be you. Welcome to the WPA, Agent Smarts.” Greenleaf says.

01:02 A Party to Die For Legally_deceased_title_card_by_qg2004-dbvj32m

DECEMBER 2017:
*Lauren is standing over Eugene, who is sitting on the couch. “I need you to go over the guest list, and find out if anyone on their has any criminal ties, proven or rumored. I’m also gonna need you to hack into the computer, and put the name “Sasha Lawrence” on the guest list, that’s gonna be my identity of the day, or...evening. Once you find out who is behind the drug ring, I’ll take it from their.” Lauren says. Eugene turns his head towards Lauren. “And how exactly do you intend on dealing with the perpetrator, once you have proper identification?” Eugene asks. “That depends on how much he or she cooperates.” Lauren states. Eugene stands up. “I’m sorry, but I cannot do this.” Eugene declares. “What do you mean?” Lauren asks. “I cannot aid and abed you in your crimes! Think about this for a moment, Maxine. You have already murdered three people in your quest to “stop crime”, so how exactly are you stopping crime when you are out committing them?” Eugene asks. “Its not like I killed innocent civilians. I took out three drug dealers that planned on killing me first, I was defending myself.” Lauren argues. “But will that always be the case? I have always been told that government agents of your variety are taught and trained to be cold blooded murderers. Have you...have you ever murdered an unarmed individual before?” Eugene questions. “I...I will admit that I did some questionable stuff when I worked for the WPA...but I think that those actions were probably for the greater good of humanity.” Lauren notes. “Do you truly believe that? Or is a small part of you wondering if maybe the WPA only had you kill some of said targets for their own benefit?” Eugene asks. “I wasn’t trained to ask questions, I was trained to follow orders. Look, we know that someone is bringing drugs into this city, so I don’t think there is any question over whether or not this person deserves to die.” Lauren says. “I’m not quite so sure about that. Every human life matters, Maxine, no matter how evil or vile the person might be.” Eugene argues. “Did the life of the terrorist who murdered my parents matter?” A visibly upset Lauren asks. “That terrorist has been deceased for several years, I don’t see much point in asking that question now.” Eugene notes. “Answer me.” Lauren demands. Eugene sighs. “The punishment that man deserved was life imprisonment.” Eugene confesses. “But he didn’t get that, because he was put down like the rabid dog he was when the cops showed up. Did they make the wrong call by shooting him before he could shoot them?” Lauren asks Eugene. “I wasn’t present at the time, so I cant really say for certain.” Eugene notes. “Despite what you think, Gene, some people aren’t worthy of breathing in the oxygen that everyone else breathes. Some people are just too evil to be human…to be alive.” Lauren states. “Even so, what gives you the right to be that person’s judge, jury, and executioner?” Eugene asks. “Why are you treating me like some cold blooded killer? I’m not gonna shoot this guy in a room full of people, I swear. I just want to get them to confess, so that I’ll have enough to send them to jail, despite the fact that I’d like to do a lot more to this person.” Lauren notes. “What you’re saying is that you’re NOT going to kill this individual?” Eugene asks. “As long as it doesn’t come to that.” Lauren states. Eugene sighs. “What am I supposed to do if this person pulls a gun on me? Try to hug it out with them so they won’t shoot?” Lauren asks. “I...apologize. I promise, I will try to help you out in whatever way I can.” Eugene assures her. “Thanks.” Lauren tells him. “So, how exactly do you plan on infiltrating this party? From the invitation, I gather that you need to show identification in order to be allowed in, which means you are going to need an ID to match your new name.” Eugene notes. “Don’t worry, I’ve got it covered. I know a thing or two about getting fake IDs.” Lauren tells him, with a wink. “I’m happy to hear that your deviant skill set now includes falsifying an identity.” Eugene sarcastically remarks. “Thanks. Anyway, I’ve gotta get back to the base and change. As much as I hate wearing dresses, I need to look the part of a snobby rich person if I’m gonna blend into the crowd.” Lauren notes. “Before you go, I have one more gift to give you.” Eugene informs her. Eugene pulls a small ear piece out of his pocket, and holds it up to Lauren. “Place this inside of your ear. That way, I will be able to feed you information at all times, without having to call you via cell phone.” Eugene notes. “Wait, does that mean you’ll be able to hear me all the time, too?” Lauren asks. “Of course.” Eugene admits. “I’m not sure I like the sound of that, but, whatever. I’ve got a job to do. I’ll be in touch.” Lauren tells him. Lauren walks towards the window, and opens it. “Oh for heaven’s sake! Can you PLEASE use the front door this time?!” An angry Eugene asks. “I’m a spy, I don’t use front doors. Bye.” Lauren says, before disappearing out the window. Eugene rolls his eyes.

*In the squad room at the police station, Commissioner Flynn walks over to Andy, who is sitting at a desk. “Has the forensic report on the shooting at the docks come in, yet?” Flynn asks. “It did, and there is virtually no proof that anyone was there, besides the three guys that got shot and killed. Commissioner...maybe it was some kind of conflict inside of the organization. Maybe those guys killed each other.” Andy suggests. “I’ve seen pictures from the crime scene, Detective, and it doesn’t look to me like those men killed each other. Someone else was involved, and I wanna know who it was.” Flynn states. “I’m not sure that is possible. Whoever killed these guys...they didn’t leave a single trace.” Andy notes. “Make it possible! The three victims might’ve been suspected drug dealers, but that don’t mean the killer gets off free. They need to be caught and prosecuted.” Flynn makes clear. “I’ll do my best.” Andy assures him. “I know you will. You’re the best detective on this force, Goo, and if anyone is gonna catch this killer, its gonna be you.” Flynn says, before walking off.

*Lauren steps off of the elevator, and enters the foyer for the function hall, which is decorated for the charity event. Lauren walks towards the entrance to the ball room, but is stopped by the woman at the front desk. “Excuse me, do you have an ID on you?” The woman asks. “I’m sorry for not stopping. Give me a second while I try to dig it out of my purse.” Lauren says. Lauren begins rummaging through her purse, and a moment later, pulls out an ID card, which has the name “Sasha Lawrence” listed. Lauren hands the card to the woman, who begins to examine it closely. After what feels like eternity to Lauren, the woman returns her ID. “You are all set! You may enter the ballroom.” The woman says. “Thank you.” Lauren tells her, before walking towards the ball room. Lauren opens the twin doors to the ballroom, and absorbs how many people are present. “Eugene, if you can hear me, please hurry up with finding out which one of these people is The Master. I’ve been here for five seconds, and I already cant stand being around these people.” Lauren growls. “That is probably just your social anxiety kicking in.” Eugene notes. “No, its my hate for people kicking in!” Lauren argues. “Well, all I can tell you at this time is that my computer is sorting through everyone involved in the charity, it shouldn’t be too long before we discover which one of these people is using the charity as a front for their drug operation.” Eugene reveals. At that moment, Queen Goo walks over to Lauren. “Hello, welcome!” Queen Goo says to her. Lauren is at a loss for words, at the sight of Queen Goo. “I...wasn’t going to say anything, but I have to ask. Do you and I know each other from somewhere? You strike me as very familiar.” Queen Goo notes. “I don’t think so. I’m new in town.” Lauren lies. “Oh, I see. So, how long have you been following this particular charity?” Queen Goo asks. “Not long.” Lauren claims. “I see. Well, I should go and mingle with the other guests. In any event, I hope you have a good time!” Queen Goo says. “Thanks, you too.” Lauren tells her. Queen Goo smiles, before walking away. “Why didn’t you reveal your identity to the Queen? She would be THRILLED to discover that you are alive!” Eugene can be heard telling Lauren, through the earpiece. “I told you, the WPA doesn’t want me to reveal my identity to anyone. Its for the best that I keep everyone in the dark, like I should’ve done with you.” Lauren whispers. “I’m glad that you trusted me enough to confide your secret into me.” Eugene tells her. “So, um...any update on the search?” Lauren asks. “Give it time, Maxine. Miracles don’t happen in mere seconds, as you well know.” Eugene says. Cesar then walks over to Lauren. “Good evening, and welcome to the event! My name is Cesar Burnham, and you are?” Cesar asks. “Sasha Lawrence. I’m glad I ran into you, Mr Burnham, I just want to tell you what great things you and Queen Goo are doing with this charity.” Lauren tells him. “I appreciate the kind words, and I do hope that you’ll be able to donate some before the evening is over.” Cesar says. “I’ll see what I can do.” Lauren tells him. “Thank you. I hope you have a lovely evening.” Cesar says, before walking away. “Who was that you were just talking to?” Eugene asks. “Cesar Burnham. He and Queen Goo are old friends, and business partners in charity.” Lauren says. Back at Eugene’s apartment, a hit comes in on his computer. “I found something! According to this, there are only two people who have a connection to all of the charities which were listed on Donald’s phone. Queen Molly Goo and Cesar Burnham.” Eugene reveals! “I use to live with Queen Goo, so I know she didn’t have the time to be out running a drug ring. Even if she did have the time, she still wouldn’t be doing it. Which leaves only one suspect...” Lauren says. Back in the ballroom, Lauren slowly turns her head towards Cesar. “Cesar is The Master.” Lauren quietly declares. “How do you plan on approaching this situation?” Eugene asks. “I’m gonna handle things calmly, don’t worry. I want to try and get Cesar out of the party so he doesn’t have the chance to put any lives in danger.” Lauren tells Eugene. Lauren begins to approach Cesar. “Miss Lawrence, is there something I can help you with?” Cesar asks. Lauren pulls out a phony police badge. “You need to come with me to answer some questions.” Lauren tells him. “Where on earth did you get a phony police badge?” Eugene can be heard asking. Lauren ignores him. “What exactly am I being brought in for questioning for?” Cesar asks. “I’ll explain it in the car.” Lauren tells him. Lauren grabs his arm, but Cesar pulls it away. “You aren’t a police officer.” Cesar realizes. “And you aren’t the fundraising saint you want everyone to think you are. You’re a lowlife drug pusher.” Lauren declares. Lauren grabs his arm, this time with a much tighter grip. “I am only gonna say this one more time, I need you to come with me.” Lauren sternly states. As Lauren tightly holds one of Cesar’s arms, he raises the other one, and raises his wrist up near his face. “The contingency plan needs to be put into motion.” Cesar says into the watch on his wrist. “What are you talking about?” Lauren asks. All of a sudden, one of the waiters pulls out a gun, and begins firing shots into the air! “Everyone DOWN! RIGHT NOW!” The waiter orders! Three other waiters then pull out their guns. “Let me go.” The Master calmly orders. “Or what? Your goons will kill me?” Lauren asks. The Master chuckles. “No, they won’t kill you.” The Master assures her. Each waiter takes a hostage, and one of them takes Queen Goo! “They are just going to kill the guests.” The Master declares. Lauren immediately lets The Master go, and cautiously backs away from him.

*Eugene, who is listening in on what is going on, tells Lauren “I’ve contacted the local authorities, and they are on their way.”

*The Master smiles at Lauren. “I would introduce myself, but I feel that an introduction isn’t quite necessary at this point, at least on my end. I am a bit curious to know your real name, though, because I doubt it is Sasha Lawrence.” The Master notes. “The hypocrisy with you is astounding, talking about someone else not being who they say they are, Mr Fundraiser by Day, Drug Lord by night.” Lauren points out. “I suppose you might have a point. Since you seem to be quite informed regarding my operations, I presume you are the individual who murdered my three employees, and blew up my shipment.” The Master says. “Sorry, no clue what you are talking about.” Lauren lies. “What is going on here?!” A frantic Queen Goo asks. “I apologize for disrupting the event, Madam, but our guest here didn’t give me much of a choice, I’m afraid.” The Master states. “You’ve been duped, Queen Goo. The charming Cesar Burnham is actually The Master, infamous drug lord.” Lauren reveals. “That’s impossible! I’ve known Cesar for years, and he is an excellent man!” Queen Goo notes. “I’m sorry you had to find out this way, darling. But, unfortunately, our new friend couldn’t leave well enough alone.” The Master notes. “I couldn’t help myself. My curiosity got the better of me.” Lauren claims. “Curiosity is what killed the cat, just like it will be what kills you.” The Master declares. “Are you threatening me in front of a room full of people, people you’ve taken hostage?” Lauren asks. “It won’t matter, because I will be long gone before the local authorities are able to catch me.” The Master notes. “I don’t think so. Hate to burst your bubble, but the cops are already on their way.” Lauren reveals. “You’re lying! You couldn’t have called the police!” The Master points out. “Are you totally sure about that?” Lauren asks. The Master pulls out his own gun, and points it at Lauren. “On your knees, right now, or one hostage dies.” The Master demands. “Okay.” Lauren calmly responds. Lauren gets down on her knees, and The Master shoves the barrel of his gun right into her forehead. “You should have been more careful.” The Master tells her. “Right back at you.” Lauren declares. Immediately after, Lauren headbutts the gun out of The Master’s hand! She catches the gun, quickly turns around, and is able to shoot all four waiters that have taken a hostage! All four drop to the floor before having the chance to shoot their hostage. While Lauren is distracted, The Master makes a run for it towards the emergency exit. “Maxine. I have control over the building’s security footage, and The Master is attempting to escape through the emergency exit to your left!” Eugene reveals. At that moment, Andy and a team of officers burst into the room, guns drawn! Andy aims his gun at Lauren. “FREEZE!” Andy orders. Lauren ignores Andy, and quickly makes her exit through the emergency exit The Master just escaped through. Queen Goo runs over to Andy. “Oh thank goodness you are here! You won’t believe what happened.” Queen Goo says. “Try me.” Andy tells her. “Cesar is a drug lord, Andy. That woman that just went through the emergency exit exposed him!” Queen Goo reveals. “That-that doesn’t make any sense! You’ve known Cesar for years!” Andy points out. “Apparently, he’s been lying to me all of this time. I don’t understand any of this, especially how a man like Cesar, who I thought was a good man, would turn out to be a drug lord, and then take a room full of people hostage! If it wasn’t for that woman, I don’t think we would still be alive.” Queen Goo notes.

*In the back stairway, Lauren bursts in, looks over the railing, and finds that The Master is a few stories below her. She begins racing down the stairs, hoping to catch up to him. As Lauren continues to walk down each story, she realizes that she won’t be able to catch up to The Master at this rate. In the spur of the moment, Lauren hops over the railing of the stairs! Lauren is able to successfully land right on top of The Master, who was still only a few stories below her! The Master manages to push Lauren off of him, and takes a swing at her! Lauren ducks, and punches The Master! The Master then grabs Lauren’s throat, and pushes her back up against the railing! As The Master is attempting to push Lauren over the railing, she manages to kick up so hard, she is able to successfully launch him right over her, causing him to fall over the railing, six stories down! The Master can be heard screaming in terror, as he plummets to the floor below. A moment later, a thump can be heard, and the screaming stops. Lauren looks over the railing, and she sees that The Master is lying on the ground on the first floor, completely motionless. Once she sees that The Master has been neutralized, Lauren begins running down the stairs. After a few minutes, she reaches the bottom floor, and stands over The Master, who is awake, but motionless, and in severe pain. “Looks like your luck has finally run out. Karma has caught up with you, and you couldn’t look like a bigger fool, even if you tried.” Lauren states. “What’s...your name? Your REAL name?” The Master asks. Lauren smiles. “You can call me the chic who kicked your lowlife, drug dealing butt.” Lauren tells him. “What I did...was strictly business! I was merely trying to make a living for myself!” The Master argues. “When someone wants to make a living for themselves, they usually get a job at the supermarket or McDonalds, not start an international drug ring.” Lauren notes. “What are you going to do with me now?” The Master asks. Lauren smirks. “I’m glad you asked.” Lauren says. Lauren pulls out her gun, and aims it at The Master, but then hears footsteps. Andy comes down the stairs, and points his gun at her. “Police! Hands up!” Andy orders. “The Master isn’t going anywhere. Both of his legs are broken.” Lauren tells Andy. “I want this woman arrested for assault!” The Master demands. “It was self defense.” Lauren notes. “Either way, I want to question you about an incident that occurred at the docks a few nights ago.” Andy tells her. “I’d love to stay and chat, but I’ve gotta dash. Adieu!” Lauren tells Andy, before exiting the building. “What are you waiting for? Chase after her!” The Master orders. “Why? I don’t know for sure that she committed a crime, unlike you. I know what you did, and you are going to answer for it, all of it.” Andy warns The Master. Andy bends down, and begins to handcuff an injured The Master.

One Day Later

*The Master is now in a wheelchair, having mugshots of him taken from different angles.

*Andy is walking down a hallway in the police station, when Flynn catches up to him. “Congratulations on a job well done. Thanks to you, The Master is in custody, and he ain’t going nowhere.” Flynn says. “All I did was make the arrest. I wasn’t the one who unmasked Cesar as a drug lord.” Andy notes. “About that, do you have any new info on the mystery woman who crashed the party?” Flynn asks. “I don’t really know anything about the woman, other than she used the name Sasha Lawrence.” Andy reveals. “Have you found anything on Sasha Lawrence?” Flynn asks. “It would appear that particular Sasha Lawrence doesn’t exist.” Andy reveals. “I wonder if this woman is the same person who killed those dealers and blew up that boat...” Flynn says. “Could be.” Andy notes. “Find out, and get back to me as soon as possible. This woman could be just as dangerous as The Master himself.” Flynn notes.

*Eugene sits next to Lauren on a park bench. “Are you sure you should be out in public like this?” Eugene asks her. “I’ll be fine.” Lauren assures him. “I must confess, I was a tad worried when I didn’t hear from you last night.” Eugene notes. “I found out how to turn your little earpiece off. Besides, I was tired. Chasing down a deadly drug kingpin takes a toll on oneself.” Lauren admits. Eugene fakes a smile. “Something else is bothering you, though. What’s up?” Lauren asks. “I-I couldn’t help but notice from the surveillance feed that before Detective Goo had arrived, you pulled your gun on Mr. Burnham. It makes me wonder what you would’ve done if Detective Goo hadn’t showed up.” Eugene admits. “There is no way of knowing what I would’ve done.” Lauren states. “You must have had some sort of idea of what you were going to do, when you pulled your gun.” Eugene notes. “It was an impulse. I pulled my gun and shot so many people that were at my mercy, while working for the WPA. Its just how I’m use to doing things.” Lauren reveals. “If Detective Goo hadn’t arrived, would you have pulled the trigger?” Eugene asks. “I’m not sure. One thing I am sure of though is that even with The Master being out of the picture, the war on crime in this city is far from over. Fantastic City needs me, and I need Fantastic City. So, I think I’m gonna be sticking around for a while. I hope I can count on you to keep helping me out.” Lauren says. “I’ll do what I can.” Eugene tells her. Lauren smiles.

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down