QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S3 Episode 13

Go down

Fantastic S3 Episode 13 Empty Fantastic S3 Episode 13

Post by QG Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:25 pm

Its a new day in Fantastic City. In Lydia’s Study, Lucas is sitting at the desk looking at his tablet when Serena walks in. “Its done. Lydia’s obituary is in today’s paper, and her memorial is planned for tomorrow. Did you let your mother know?” Lucas questions. “Yeah, but I don’t know if she’s gonna be there. She said she’s in the middle of some sort of project that she’s not sure she can get away from.” Serena reveals. “Its her daughter’s memorial. I’m sure whatever project she has going on can be put on hold for a day.” Lucas notes. “No one has ever said Madeline Masters was a good mother. The only time my mother really devoted time to Lydia was when she was enabling her worst impulses.” Serena recalls. “Thank God Lydia got out from under Madeline’s thumb before it was too late…” Lucas says. Lucas sighs. “I can’t believe this is real. Tomorrow, I’m going to be saying a final goodbye to the love of my life, and I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it.” Lucas admits. “You seem to be doing a pretty good job of moving on with your life…” Serena comments. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Lucas questions. “I see you haven’t looked at today’s Fantastic Report paper. You made the front page!” Serena reveals. Serena looks at her phone, and then shows it to Lucas. “Here…” Serena says. Lucas sees a picture of him and Julia sitting at a bar with the caption “District Attorney candidate shares drinks with alleged mob boss.”

Kristina enters the living room of the Goo Castle and finds Victor snickering at the newspaper. “You look like you’re in a good mood this morning. What’s the occasion?” Kristina wonders. “The downfall of Julia Gray.” Victor says. “Don’t count Julia out just yet. She’s doing pretty good in the polls.” Kristina notes. “That’s about to change now that Julia has found herself in the middle of a scandal.” Victor says. Victor hands Kristina the newspaper. Kristina looks at the front page, and her eyes widen. “Lucas and Julia?!” Kristina asks. “Reprehensible, isn’t it?” Victor asks. “Wait, so what exactly is the big deal? Why is this front page worthy?” Kristina asks. “You don’t see how someone running for District Attorney sharing drinks with a mob kingpin could be considered a problem? That suggests Lucas and Julia are friendly, and it also suggests she can be bought by him!” Victor says. “Oh come on! Lucas left that life behind him a LONG time ago!” Kristina points out. “The people of Fantastic City don’t know that for sure. For all they know, Lucas could be rebuilding his criminal empire, and wouldn’t it be convenient for him to have a District Attorney in his back pocket?” Victor asks. “Oh my God, you’re the person that leaked this story to the press.” Kristina realizes. Victor shrugs. “I can neither confirm nor deny.” Victor says. “You know damn well Lucas isn’t in the mob anymore! You are misleading the people of this city just so you can make Julia look bad!” Kristina points out. “I don’t know for sure that Lucas is no longer in the mob, no one does! Besides, it isn’t a very good look for Julia to be socializing with gangsters, reformed or otherwise.” Victor notes. “How did you even get those pictures? I doubt you were personally tailing Lucas and Julia around town. Who did you hire to do it?” Kristina asks. “It was me.” A voice says. Kristina turns around and sees Brady standing in the doorway! “You took those pictures of Lucas and Julia?” Kristina questions. Brady nods. “That’s right.” Brady quietly admits. “I need some alone time with my husband.” Kristina tells Victor. “That’s fine, I need to go and get ready for today’s debate anyway. It should be interesting, now that Julia has been completely discredited. Thank you for the assist, son.” Victor tells Brady, before walking out. “What the hell were you thinking?!” Kristina asks. “I was thinking I was helping my Dad.” Brady says. “Lucas is our friend! He’s my best friend! And now he’s in the middle of a scandal, thanks to YOU! How did this even happen?!” Kristina questions. “My Dad saw Lucas and Julia talking after the last debate, so he figured he’d be able to use that to his advantage. He came to me, and he offered me money to get proof that Lucas and Julia are at least friendly. I started tailing Julia around town, eventually she ran into Lucas, and the two went for drinks which is when I got my pictures.” Brady reveals. “When you said you were going out to run errands, you were actually spying on Julia.” Kristina realizes. “Kris, I’m sorry…” Brady tells her. “Sorry about what? That you helped your Dad spy or that you got caught?” Kristina wonders. “Come on, that’s not fair. I told you!” Brady points out. “Only because you knew I was going to find out anyways!” Kristina argues. “What can I do to make it up to you?” Brady questions. “Its not going to be as easy as you making it up to me and me just brushing it under the rug! This is a big problem for us, Brady!” Kristina tells him.

Julia opens the front door of her penthouse and finds Virginia standing in the hallway. “I hope you’ve got a good PR person on speed dial, because you’re gonna need it with that news story circling the web.” Virginia says. “What are you talking about?” Julia asks. Virginia pushes her way in. “Have you not been on the internet at all today?” Virginia questions. “No, I haven’t. I’ve been too busy getting ready for my next debate which is in one hour. With that being said, I don’t have time for your theatrics.” Julia says. “Girl, if you think I’m being theatrical, you’re in for a helluva lot of trouble when you get on that debate stage!” Virginia says. “Can you just tell me what you’re talking about?” Julia asks. Virginia pulls up the news story on her phone, and shows it to Julia. “Oh you’ve got to be kidding me…” Julia says. “So, are you really hooking up with this guy?” Virginia questions. Julia looks up at Virginia. “Really?” Julia asks. “What? Its nothing to be ashamed of! He’s very handsome, and it looks like he has a great body! If you don’t want him, I’ll take him off your hands.” Virginia says. “Gross.” Julia says. “I’m only messing with you, baby. But really, what is the nature of your relationship with Mr. Cambino?” Virginia questions. “He’s a client of mine, and I suppose you could say we are becoming friends as well. But that is as far as our relationship is going to go! Lucas just lost the love of his life, and I’m not looking for a relationship, I’m focused on my career.” Julia says. “And what about after you become DA?” Virginia questions. “IF I become DA. This little smear job by Victor could really get into people’s heads.” Julia notes. “Speaking of Victor, I actually had a little run in with him yesterday.” Virginia reveals. “Why? Does he know you’re my mother?” Julia questions. “I didn’t tell him.” Virginia admits. “Then what would the two of you have to talk about?” Julia wonders. “I was just sizing up my daughter’s opponent! But, Victor does know my last name now, and he wondered if you and I were related.” Virginia says. “What did you tell him if you didn’t tell him you were my mother?” Julia asks. “I told him we weren’t related at all. Gray is a common enough last name, it wasn’t hard for me to convince him.” Virginia says. “Why did you lie?” Julia wonders. “I didn’t want him snooping around in my business just because I’m the mother of his opponent.” Virginia claims. “Uh huh...so does that mean you won’t be coming to the debate?” Julia asks. Virginia laughs. “Honey, you don’t want me at the debate. I’d give it five minutes of listening to Victor blowing hot air before I’d lose it and cause a scene.” Virginia says. “I guess you have a point…” Julia says. “Besides, I’ve got some important business to take care of this morning.” Virginia says. “Business? Just how long do you plan on staying in Fantastic?” Julia questions. “I’m not sure yet. I guess I’ll be here for however long my girls need me for.” Virginia says. “Is everything okay with Kaylie?” Julia asks. “Let me worry about Kaylie.” Virginia says. “If something is going on with Kaylie, I should know about it. Don’t forget she’s Issac’s guardian.” Julia points out. “Yeah, that she is, which is why you need to let Kaylie do her job and be a good Mama to Issac.” Virginia says. Julia scoffs. “Sweetie, I understand why you still think about him. I can’t imagine ever having to give up one of you girls, so for you to have given up your son...the pain must’ve been unbearable. But, you had good reason. You were protecting your son, and to make that sort of sacrifice makes you a terrific mother.” Virginia tells her. “I...I just hope that Kaylie is taking good care of him.” Julia says. “I should really get going. It was nice seeing you baby, good luck at your debate today.” Virginia tells her, as she kisses her on the cheek. “Thanks.” Julia says. “Love you.” Virginia tells her. “Love you, too.” Julia says, as Virginia walks out.

Xavier is reading the newspaper on his tablet in the kitchen of Kaylie’s apartment. Kaylie comes out of the other room. “I’m going out.” Kaylie announces. “Where are you going?” Xavier questions. “Victor and Julia are having another debate today, and I’m once again on the security team.” Kaylie reveals. “Julia is going to have a bit of an uphill battle today, after being on the front page of the Fantastic Report.” Xavier says. “Wait, what happened?” Kaylie asks. “Julia is in the spotlight for socializing with known alleged mob boss Lucas Cambino. There are even photographs of the two sharing drinks. Some seem to think Julia may have been bought by Lucas.” Xavier says. “That’s absurd! Julia would never work for the mob! I have to get over there.” Kaylie says. “Wait. You and I never discussed how things went between you and your mother yesterday.” Xavier notes. “You can relax, my Mom won’t come after you again.” Kaylie assures him. “That isn’t what I’m concerned about. Your mother seemed pretty convinced that you and I were not marrying for love, that I was holding something over your head. I’m just making sure that you didn’t say anything to her that you shouldn’t have.” Xavier says. “What? You mean tell her that you’ve kidnapped my son?” Kaylie asks. “Julia’s son. You were nothing more than a glorified baby sitter, and you couldn’t even do that correctly.” Xavier says. “I really need to go!” Kaylie growls. “You never did answer my question! Did you tell your mother about Issac?” Xavier asks. “My mother asked where Issac was, naturally! Don’t worry though, I threw her off the trail. I told her that I gave Issac up because I realized I wasn’t cut out to be a mother.” Kaylie claims. “I’m pleased to hear that, for your sake.” Xavier says. “Please, you’re only looking out for your own best interests, but I’m not going to stay here and debate that with you.” Kaylie says. Bethany comes out of the other room with her bags. “I’m all packed.” Bethany reveals. “Going somewhere?” Xavier questions. “I’m moving out.” Bethany reveals. “Oh, well I hope you’ll reconsider. I love having you here!” Xavier claims. “Its what Kaylie wants.” Bethany says. “At least let me pay for a hotel room.” Xavier offers. “Thanks, but no thanks. I’m staying with my friend Rebecca. Bye Kaylie.” Bethany says, before walking to the doorway. Kaylie follows her to the door. “I’m sorry.” Kaylie tells her. “Don’t be, I totally get it. Try to hang in there.” Bethany urges, before leaving. “I hope Bethany isn’t too upset with you for telling her to leave.” Xavier says. “That was a nice trick.” Kaylie says. “Pardon?” Xavier questions. “Making it look like you wanted Bethany to stay so I would look like the bad guy, as if you had nothing to do with making her move out.” Kaylie says. “I’m glad you were impressed.” Xavier says. “Bethany is smart, Xavier. She sees right through you.” Kaylie warns. “You better hope that isn’t the case, because otherwise we will have a serious problem on our hands.” Xavier says. Kaylie glares at him before walking out. Xavier smiles, and laughs. “Oh Kaylie, you never fail to entertain. On another note, I wonder how my project at Stanpatos Enterprises is going? I hope Daisy is holding up her end of the bargain.” Xavier says.

Daisy enters Dylan’s office at Stanpatos Enterprises, and Dylan smiles. “There is the new head of my legal team! How are you enjoying your new position of power?” Dylan wonders. “Its been good. Granted, some of my team doesn’t seem to like me very much. I think they see that I only got the job because I’m your girlfriend.” Daisy says. Dylan shrugs. “Let them speculate. If they give you a hard time, just let me know and I’ll fire them.” Dylan says. Daisy smiles. “I appreciate the support, and the job! I’m just so happy to be working again.” Daisy says. “I’m so happy to have you working with me.” Dylan tells her. “So, what are you up to?” Daisy questions. “I was just reading an email from a local church looking for some donations. The board is really pushing me to give the church a heavy donation in order to garner some good publicity for the company. Its something we are in desperate need of after The Evil Force’s reign of terror.” Dylan says. “Its sounds like a really good cause.” Daisy notes. “It is. The money would go towards providing shelter and clothes to people in need. However, it would cost me a lot of money to make a good impression.” Dylan notes. “Have you given the church a response yet?” Daisy questions. “No, not yet. But, for the sake of the company’s image, I’m leaning towards agreeing to the donation.” Dylan reveals. Dylan gets an alert on his phone. “Oh crap...I completely forgot I had a meeting. Alright, I have to head to the fifth floor. Can you close up in here?” Dylan asks. “Yeah, of course.” Daisy says. “Thanks, I’ll see you later.” Dylan says, before rushing out. Daisy eyes Dylan’s computer once he is gone. Daisy walks over and sits behind Dylan’s desk. “Where is it…” Daisy wonders. Daisy finds the email from the church, and then clicks on the response button. Daisy begins typing a response to them, and as Daisy is typing away, Dylan comes back in! “What are you doing at my computer?” Dylan wonders!

Lucas is looking at the article about him and Julia. “This is ridiculous!” Lucas notes. “Out of curiosity, what is the nature of your relationship with Julia Gray?” Serena wonders. “We’re sort of friends. Julia is the person who found me after Joe Fish stabbed me, she basically saved my life.” Lucas says. “You must be pretty grateful to her.” Serena notes. “Why are you acting like this?!” Lucas questions. “Its just that my sister hasn’t been gone for that long…” Serena says. “You can’t be serious! I told you, Julia and I are just friends! I’m nowhere near ready enough to move on from your sister! Hell, I don’t know if I’ll ever be ready! The love she and I shared...it was the purest thing I’ve ever experienced in my life, and nothing else could ever compare.” Lucas says. Serena sighs. “I’m sorry for coming at you like that, I’m just really protective over my sister’s memory. And for the record, even if you had moved on, its none of my business. Its not like Lydia was killed yesterday, she’s been gone for months.” Serena notes. “Well, I appreciate that you at least care enough about Lydia to look out for her memory. I know the two of you didn’t always get along, so its nice that you became so close in the end.” Lucas tells her. “It was nice. Even though Lydia and I grew up together, there was just so much tension between us that it felt like we were on different continents. It meant the world to me that I finally got to have a sister...Anyways, I should go. I’m going to go see Andy.” Serena says. “Give him my best.” Lucas says. “I will. And Lucas? Try to hang in there.” Serena says. Lucas nods, and Serena walks out. Once Serena is gone, Lucas looks over at Lydia’s picture.

“Not only did you intentionally keep me in the dark, but you put my best friend in the middle of a scandal!” Kristina points out. “What was I supposed to do? Turn my Dad away when he asked for help?!” Brady questions. “That is exactly what you should’ve done! Putting aside the lying and the fact that Lucas is going to have people accusing him of bribery, helping Victor suggests that you support his politics!” Kristina notes. “You know I don’t support his politics! But if I didn’t help him, if I just turned him away, that would’ve been a betrayal!” Brady claims. “You could’ve taken a neutral stance.” Kristina points out. “And how do you think that would’ve gone over? You know my Dad! He would’ve seen a neutral stance as a vote for Julia! What’s going on with you? I get why you’d be angry with me, you have every right. I’m just surprised by how passionate you are about this election.” Brady notes. “Every elected official makes an impact, and I don’t think your Dad would make the right one.” Kristina says. “You never cared this much about politics before.” Brady points out. “You’re right, I didn’t. I didn’t take the 2016 presidential election serious enough, and then I “died” six months later. But when I came back? The world was a COMPLETELY different place, and not for the better! The racists, the homophobes, they feel like they can be more open about expressing their hate because they saw someone in charge doing it, someone that for whatever reason they respected, so they figured it was okay. Victor might not be president, but he is still a person in power, and people are going to follow his example. He might not be as open about his hate as some others, but it exists, and people are going to notice it. I know he’s your Dad, but I think it would be really bad for this city if he got reelected.” Kristina admits. “Are you saying you’re gonna vote for Julia?” Brady asks. “I’m saying I’m not voting for your Dad.” Kristina says. Brady sighs. “I’m sorry, I’ve gotta go. I want to be there for my Dad’s debate today. Will...will you come with me?” Brady asks. “I’m gonna skip this time.” Kristina tells him. “Okay…” Brady says. “We can’t just brush these issues under the rug, Brady. We need to talk about them.” Kristina says. “We will, and I promise we’re gonna get through them, just like we always do. I love you.” Brady tells her, before walking out. Kristina contemplates.

Julia arrives at the park and bumps into Kaylie. “Hello Kaylie.” Julia says. “Hi Julia, its good to see you.” Kaylie says. “Yeah, you too...so, Mama is in town, huh?” Julia says. Kaylie smiles. “Yeah, she is. Its really good having her around.” Kaylie says. “It depends on the day for me. Sometimes its nice, but sometimes she can be a bit much.” Julia notes. Kaylie laughs. “I know she can be extra sometimes, but at least we know she always has our backs.” Kaylie says. Victor walks over to them. “Good morning, Julia! Beautiful day, wouldn’t you say?” Victor asks. “It was nice talking to you.” Kaylie tells Julia, before walking away. “You’re in an awfully good mood. Could it have something to do with the cover of the Fantastic Report?” Julia questions. “That story doesn’t paint you in a very flattering light. You should really choose your company better, especially when running for public office.” Victor advises. “I’m not worried. I’ve got nothing to hide, and best of all, no reason to lie to the voters.” Julia says. “As much as I appreciate your so called honesty, it won’t do you any favors.” Victor says. Betty walks up to them. “You should really try to save all of this bickering for the debate stage.” Betty urges. “Are you moderating again?” Victor questions. “I am indeed! The people LOVED me last time. In fact, I got so much good publicity, I’m considering starting a podcast! But enough about that, the debate is about to begin, so the two of you should really report to your podiums.” Betty says. Victor and Julia head towards their podiums, passing Kaylie in the process. Brady comes up behind Kaylie. “Did I miss anything?” Brady asks. “The debate is just starting. Where’s your wife?” Kaylie asks. “She couldn’t make it.” Brady says. “Attention Fantastic City, welcome to the second debate for the District Attorney election! I am your moderator, Betty Thorne, attorney at law, and I’m sure you are familiar with our candidates. With that being said, lets begin.” Betty says. Victor and Julia glare at each other…

Bethany is sitting at a booth at the Lakeside Diner when Virginia arrives. “I’m so sorry I’m late. Traffic is a real bitch today!” Virginia says. Bethany stands up. “Never mind that! It is SO good to see you! My God, you haven’t aged a day since I last saw you!” Bethany notes. “Look who’s talking! Damn girl, you are absolutely gorgeous! And your style? It is to die for!” Virginia says. Bethany and Virginia sit at the booth. “So, I assume Kaylie must have told you I was in town. When I called you and asked to meet, you didn’t seem very surprised.” Virginia notes. “Kaylie told me that you were in town, but she didn’t really get into it much. Probably afraid her fiance would overhear…” Bethany says. “He’s a real charmer, isn’t he?” Virginia sarcastically asks. “Have you met him?” Bethany asks. “Unfortunately, I have. But as unpleasant as it was for me, it was even more unpleasant for that clown when I beat him with my purse a couple of times.” Virginia says. Bethany smiles. “You didn’t.” Bethany says. “Oh, I did. I had that expensively dressed lizard pinned down on the sofa, and I just kept swinging. I probably would’ve left quite the mark if Kaylie didn’t come in and break it up.” Virginia says. “Kaylie probably only broke it up because its her job. I’m sure deep down she wanted to turn around and walk back out so you could keep having your fun.” Bethany says. “Yeah, but Kaylie couldn’t do that, not just because of her job but because of what Xavier is holding over her head.” Virginia says. Bethany’s eyes widen. “Oh my God, she told you?” Bethany asks. “Kaylie knows she can’t get anything past her Mama, even though she did give it her best shot. Anyways, the reason I called you is because I know Kaylie confided in you too. I know that Kaylie’s hands are tied in finding Issac because Xavier is keeping such a close eye on her. But, I’m thinking that if you and I put our heads together, we might be able to find Issac ourselves. If we do that, we take away the power Xavier has over Kaylie, and she will be free to leave his sorry ass high and dry!” Virginia says. Bethany smiles. “Sounds like heaven.” Bethany admits. “I bet it does, considering you’re still carrying a torch for my daughter.” Virginia says!

In Dylan’s Office, Daisy stands up and smiles at Dylan. “I thought you were on your way to a meeting!” Daisy notes. “I was, but I forgot my notebook. You never did answer my question about why you were using my computer.” Dylan points out. “I needed to check my emails.” Daisy lies. Dylan walks over to the computer, looks at the screen, and sees it is on Daisy’s email! “You didn’t believe me?” Daisy asks. “I’m sorry. Its just that its a common excuse when someone snoops on someone else’s computer and gets caught.” Dylan says. “What reason would I have to snoop? We’re on the same side.” Daisy points out. “I know. It was silly of me to think something was up. So, are you all set in here?” Dylan asks. “Yeah, I’m good.” Daisy says. Dylan and Daisy walk out. Dylan turns off the lights, and then closes and locks the door. “I’ll see you later.” Dylan tells Daisy, before he kisses her and walks away. Once Dylan is gone, Daisy’s phone starts to ring. Daisy sighs when she sees the Caller ID, and answers. “Yes?” Daisy asks. “How goes our plan to sabotage Dylan?” Xavier wonders. “YOUR plan is going just fine.” Daisy says. “I’ll need more specifics than that. I’m working from home today, why don’t you stop by and give me a progress report?” Xavier asks. “I don’t think its a good idea we be seen together.” Daisy says. “We’ll be in the privacy of my apartment, not booking a table at The Ancient Jewel, Daisy. No one will see us together.” Xavier says. Daisy sighs. “Fine, I’ll be right there.” Daisy says, before hanging up. Daisy then gets on the elevator…

Andy joins Rebecca in the Goo Parlor. “I just dropped Ava off at school.” Andy reveals. “Was she still pretending to be sick?” Rebecca questions. “Nah, she gave that up when we were about half way to the school and she realized she couldn’t convince me. There’s been a bit of a new development though. Before Ava got out of the car, she told me she wants to sign up for acting classes.” Andy reveals. Rebecca laughs. “I’m not sure faking being sick is something they would cover in drama club, so she may be disappointed.” Rebecca notes. “Speaking of being disappointed, Ava is a little upset that we haven’t set a new date for our wedding. She’s really determined to be at this one, since she was sick for the last one.” Andy says. “Its a good thing she was too sick to attend the last one.” Rebecca notes. “As a precaution, I plan on sweeping the whole building for bombs before the next wedding. I know Joe is dead, and its not likely to be a repeat of last time, but I don’t want to take any chances.” Andy says. “We should probably make sure there’s an increased security presence this time too.” Rebecca notes. “Not that that would’ve stopped Joe, he showed up wearing a King Beast mask. Speaking of King Beast, I talked to him this morning and he’s fully recovered from the accident Joe caused.” Andy reveals. “I’m so happy to hear that. It makes me sick thinking about all the trouble Joe went through just so he could come to our wedding undetected. What’s even worse is all the people he ended up hurting. Josephine, Lydia, your son, they’re all gone because of that monster.” Rebecca says. “I’m just glad Joe is gone, hopefully burning in hell where he belongs.” Andy says. “I second that.” A voice says. Andy and Rebecca turn and see Serena standing in the doorway! “Serena!” Andy exclaims, as he walks over and hugs her. “I had no idea you were in town!” Andy tells her. “I haven’t been back long. I actually stopped by yesterday to see you, but Victor said you and Rebecca were out running errands.” Serena notes. “Its good to see you, Serena. How long are you back in town for?” Rebecca questions. “Probably only a few days. I came back for Lydia’s memorial.” Serena reveals. “I’m so sorry about Lydia, especially since it happened at my wedding…” Andy says. “Don’t blame yourself for what Joe did. I was in town for his last reign of terror when he poisoned the city, remember? I know he deserved to be dropped into that acid.” Serena says. “Still...a part of me wonders if I had handled that differently if Joe would’ve had the chance to come back and wreak even more havoc.” Andy admits. “So about Lydia’s memorial, has a date been set yet?” Rebecca questions. “Its tomorrow. It would mean the world if the two of you were there.” Serena says. Rebecca smiles. “Of course we will be. Despite our history with Lydia, we became pretty good friends with her. She was a wonderful person, and she deserves a wonderful memorial to reflect that.” Rebecca says. “Thank you Rebecca, that means a lot.” Serena says. “Is Madeline going to be there?” Andy wonders. “I invited her, but she hasn’t told me if she’ll be there or not. Of course, you two are probably hoping she won’t be.” Serena notes. “Madeline was Lydia’s mother. No matter what she’s done in the past, none of that will be relevant tomorrow. Tomorrow is about Lydia, everything else can be pushed to the backburner.” Rebecca says.

Kristina walks into Lydia’s Study and finds Lucas looking over paperwork. “The butler let me in. I hope this isn’t a bad time.” Kristina says. Lucas stands up and smiles. “Its never a bad time for you. So, what brings you by?” Lucas questions. “I wanted to apologize to you for the news story about you and Julia.” Kristina reveals. “You have nothing to be sorry about, you didn’t do anything.” Lucas notes. “No, but Brady did. He’s the one who took the pictures of you and Julia.” Kristina reveals. Lucas’ eyes widen. “He did? Did you know about this?” Lucas questions. “I didn’t find out until after the news story was already out! I guess Victor saw you and Julia together the day of the last debate, and it dawned on him that he might be able to use that to his advantage.” Kristina says. “I’m sure Victor knows that I’m no longer in the mob! The only reason he’s doing this is to try and discredit Julia!” Lucas complains. “For what its worth, I don’t think its going to work. I’ve been looking at some of those online Fantastic City social media groups, and a lot of people still seem to like Julia. They think she’s fresh, modern, and exactly what this city needs.” Kristina says. “There are also the old school people. The people who are allergic to change and think Victor should occupy that position until either he or the city dies, whichever comes first.” Lucas notes. “Those people are just the vocal minority.” Kristina says. “Which way is Brady leaning?” Lucas wonders. “Brady doesn’t agree with his father’s politics, but he also doesn’t want to openly defy him. He’s worried that if he remains neutral, Victor will see that as a betrayal.” Kristina reveals. “How do you feel about Brady’s stance?” Lucas questions. “That’s another reason why I came to see you. I need someone to talk to about this, because it really struck a nerve that Brady accepted this assignment from Victor and he didn’t bother to tell me until after the fact. He knew I would be upset about this, but he went ahead and did it anyway! What do you think? Am I overreacting?” Kristina asks. “Not at all. Brady agreed to help Victor knowing it would upset you, and then he kept you in the dark until he was already done. He knew what he was doing.” Lucas says. “What should I do?” Kristina asks. “Stand your ground. Don’t do anything until Brady gives you a heartfelt apology. Have the two of you had the chance to talk about this?” Lucas wonders. “We didn’t get into it much because Brady wanted to go to his Dad’s debate.” Kristina says. “Well you should definitely talk about it later instead of pretending it didn’t happen, which probably sounds tempting.” Lucas says. Kristina smiles. “Thank you for being on my side. Enough about me though, I really want to know how you’re doing. I feel like a terrible friend because I haven’t checked on you much since what happened at Andy and Rebecca’s wedding.” Kristina says. “I’m hanging in there. Lydia’s memorial is tomorrow, so this is about to get a whole lot more real.” Lucas says. “I’ll be there.” Kristina tells him. “Thank you. I’m just really nervous that I won’t be able to keep my composure, that the memorial will bring all of these emotions to the forefront.” Lucas says. “There’s no shame in crying. You know what is harmful? Keeping all of those emotions bottled up. The longer you try to pretend you’re fine, the longer you’re going to be in pain. You shouldn’t try to rush your grieving process, because in the end, it’ll just end up making it eternal.” Kristina says. “Thank you. And for the record, you’re not an awful friend, you’re the best friend I could’ve asked for.” Lucas says. Kristina hugs Lucas. “Thanks for always listening to me and my rambling. Hang in there.” Kristina tells him. “I’ll do my best.” Lucas says. “I know you will. See you tomorrow.” Kristina says, before walking out.

On the debate stage, Betty leans in towards her microphone. “We should probably begin by addressing the elephant in the room. Miss. Gray, a story broke this morning insinuating that you are rather close to a man who has alleged ties to the mafia. Can you clear the air for the concerned minds in this city?” Betty asks. “I’d be happy to. I’m not going to deny that I am friendly with Lucas Cambino, I have no reason to deny it. I don’t know whether or not previous allegations of his mafia ties are true, but what I do know is that he is currently the CEO of a legitimate corporation with no current ties to the mafia suspected. As for the people speculating that my ties to Lucas Cambino means I can be bought, that is absolutely ludicrous. If I thought for one moment Mr. Cambino was involved in the mob, I would cut ties with him immediately. And if he attempted to offer me a bribe, I would turn him into the police. I’m not running for this position so I can feed information to the mob, I’m doing it because I want to bring change to this city, I want to fight for justice, EQUAL justice. People are welcome to believe whatever they want, but I just want them to hear my truth. My loyalty is to the people of this city, not to any criminal enterprise, and it will remain that way for as long as I live here.” Julia says. “My apologies for interrupting, but regardless of whatever Lucas Cambino is doing for work these days, the fact that you are associating with someone who has a criminal past is still concerning.” Victor notes. “Since we’re apparently judging people for their past actions, should that mean the people should turn on you for your association with your son?” Julia asks. Brady’s eyes widen. “Don’t go there!” Victor warns. “Its no secret that your son Brady is a convicted felon who spent nearly a year in prison for his own work in the mob. So following your logic, I suppose the people should turn on you because you haven’t completely abandoned your son for his criminal actions.” Julia says. “The situations are entirely different!” Victor snaps. “Okay, okay, I think we are spending just a little too much time on this, its probably time to move on to other topics.” Betty says. Meanwhile, an embarrassed Brady sneaks away…

“Kaylie and I are just friends.” Bethany tells Virginia. “I know that. I just wonder if that’d still be the case if Xavier wasn’t in the picture.” Virginia says. Bethany opens her mouth to say something. “I’m sorry, you don’t have to answer any of that. I have a habit of sticking my nose where it don’t belong. Eh, maybe its less of a habit and more of an addiction.” Virginia says. Bethany smiles. “Its all good. No matter how I feel or don’t feel about Kaylie, the main reason I want to help is because she’s my friend and what Xavier is doing to her is incredibly wrong.” Bethany says. “Well I’m happy to have an ally in you. I’ve done my research and from what I’ve heard, you have become quite formidable. I know all about how your boyfriend cheated on you, and to get back at him, you stole his multi billion dollar company. That is goals! Not for me, because I’m already crazy rich and successful, but for other women around the world!” Virginia says. “That was pretty bad ass of me, wasn’t it? I just feel kinda bad though because then I reconciled with him and then he died.” Bethany notes. “Oh please, you should never EVER apologize for getting sweet revenge. I just hope you still have that kind of energy left in you, because we’ll need to direct it at Xavier.” Virginia says. Bethany smirks. “Oh don’t worry, I can be ruthless. But before we go after Xavier, we need to find Issac.” Bethany says. “I have people on the trail.” Virginia says. “You have people?” Bethany asks. “One of the perks of being fabulously wealthy. Once my people find where Xavier is holding Issac, and they will, we are going to grind Xavier into dust! That bastard will pay for hurting my baby girl.” Virginia says. “I love the sound of that.” Bethany says.

Xavier opens the front door of Kaylie’s apartment and finds Daisy standing in the hallway. “I’m glad you could finally make it. I was worried I would be forced to place a phone call to the Fantastic P.D to report a certain crime.” Xavier says. Daisy pushes her way into the apartment. “Give it a rest. You don’t have to keep reminding me that you are holding something over my head, I am painfully aware!” Daisy snaps. “If you don’t want to be reminded, you should start producing results.” Xavier tells her. “I already have.” Daisy admits. “Oh? Tell me more.” Xavier urges. “A local church has been in contact with Dylan looking for donations, and the Stanpatos Enterprises board has been encouraging him to make one. So, I took the liberty of responding to the church on Dylan’s behalf and telling them no.” Daisy reveals. “I don’t understand, how does that hurt Dylan if you were the one who turned the church down?” Xavier asks. “I didn’t respond with my own email. I responded with Dylan’s email on Dylan’s computer.” Daisy tells him. “How did you get access to Dylan’s computer?” Xavier questions. “Dylan had a meeting he needed to get to and left me alone in his office. Unfortunately, he came back and caught me using his computer.” Daisy reveals. “Was he suspicious?” Xavier wonders. “Of course he was, but I told him I was checking my emails. Dylan checked to make sure I was telling the truth, and fortunately, I already had a tab open for my email just in case I needed a cover story. As for the email to the church, don’t worry, I hit the send button just as Dylan walked into the office, so he was too late to stop me.” Daisy says. “I’m glad you’re making an effort, I’m just not sure an email declining a church’s request for donations will be enough.” Xavier says. “It wasn’t just an email though, it was a strongly worded email. I, as Dylan, basically told the church that God is a sham, that they are nothing but gold diggers looking for free hand outs, and that if they want money they should actually try working for it. I’m sure this email will find its way back to the Stanpatos board, and it will paint Dylan in a very unfavorable light.” Daisy says. Xavier smiles. “Excellent work, Daisy. You were very cunning.” Xavier tells her. “I don’t feel cunning, I feel awful. I’m trying to get the man I love fired from a job he has wanted for years!” Daisy notes. “Look at it this way. Consider this Dylan’s karmic payback for stealing the job from Bethany Wilson.” Xavier says. “Bethany isn’t exactly an angel herself. How did you even know about that anyway? How long have you been watching Dylan?” Daisy wonders. “Don’t concern yourself with such trivial things. You need to remain focused on destroying Dylan.” Xavier says. “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure Dylan is ousted from Stanpatos Enterprises.” Daisy tells Xavier.

Brady walks into the Goo living room and finds Kristina sitting on the couch. “Hi.” Brady says. “Hi…is the debate over already?” Kristina questions. “I left before it ended. I had to get outta there when Julia brought me into things.” Brady says. “What happened?” Kristina asks. “After they went back and forth about Julia’s connection to Lucas, Julia said that Victor shouldn’t be throwing any stones because his son is an ex con with his own ties to the mafia.” Brady says. “That must’ve been rough.” Kristina says. “Yeah, it was…” Brady says. Brady sits next to Kristina. “I’m sorry, Kristina. I’ve been thinking nonstop about our fight earlier ever since I left, and I know I screwed up by taking that job from my Dad and not telling you. I should’ve talked to you before I said yes.” Brady says. “Yeah, you should’ve. But...it means a lot to me that you are apologizing, and I forgive you.” Kristina tells him. “I also want to point out that from now on, I’m staying neutral. I’m not getting involved in this no more, politics are way too messy.” Brady says. Kristina laughs. “I’m glad you’ve finally seen the light.” Kristina says. Brady puts his hand on Kristina’s knee. “I really am sorry. Is there any way I can make it up to you?” Brady asks. “Well, I wasn’t going to ask for anything, but since you’re offering…” Kristina says. “Name your price.” Brady tells her. “Breakfast in bed and a massage sound reasonable to me.” Kristina says. “Your wish is my command.” Brady tells her. Brady kisses Kristina, and the two fall back onto the couch, making out passionately. Kristina then pushes Brady back. “Hold on!” Kristina says. “What’s wrong?” Brady asks. “We’re in the living room! Anyone could walk in!” Kristina points out. “You have a point...alright, upstairs it is then.” Brady says. Brady lifts Kristina up into his arms, and then carries her out of the room.

Julia and Victor are now leaving their podiums. Julia walks over to Victor. “Congratulations on another successful debate.” Julia says. “Are you proud of yourself? Dragging my son into this?” Victor asks. “You exploited my personal life, I was returning the favor.” Julia says. “There is a key difference! Brady paid for his crimes, Lucas never had to pay for his!” Victor snaps. “Brady didn’t even spend a year in jail when he tried to kill multiple people, I wouldn’t call that paying for his crimes!” Julia argues. “You made a big mistake by dragging my son into this, and now you’re going to pay. This is war!” Victor warns. “Give it all you’ve got, I’d be happy to make an even bigger fool out of you.” Julia says. Victor storms off, and Julia smirks...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down