QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lauren and Claire Part 2(February 2, 2020)

Go down

Lauren and Claire Part 2(February 2, 2020) Empty Lauren and Claire Part 2(February 2, 2020)

Post by QG Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Later, on the helicopter, Lauren regains consciousness, and finds Claire sitting in front of her. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." Claire says. Lauren holds the back of her head. "You knocked me out, didn't you?" Lauren asks. "I didn't have much of a choice." Claire argues. "There was still someone on that island that needed my help! You had no right!" Lauren tells her. "Don't be a hypocrite. You knocked me out back on my home island." Claire says. "I was trying to save someone's life!" Lauren points out. "So wasn't I!" Claire snaps. Claire calms down a bit. "Looks like we are more alike than we thought." Claire says. Lauren looks out the window. "So...Dun Dun didn't make it, huh?" Lauren asks. "I didn't even think you liked Dun Dun." Claire notes. "She was my responsibility." Lauren claims. "None of this is your fault. I was the one that told Dun Dun to go and find something to do, and...we never saw her after that." Claire says. "You couldn't have known...you didn't do anything wrong." Lauren says. "Neither did you." Claire assures her. Winters enters the room. "Agent Bates, glad to see you're awake. We've arrived." Winters reveals. "Arrived? Arrived where?" Claire questions.

Greenleaf is in his office, when Winters, Lauren, and Claire enter. "Agent Winters, please give me a moment." Greenleaf urges. Winters nods, and walks out. "Who is this?" Greenleaf wonders, when he spots Claire. "Wait, you're Lauren's boss, the one she talked to on the plane!" Claire realizes. "And you are the insufferable background noise. Where is the Area 51 find?" Greenleaf questions. "She didn't make it, sir." Lauren admits. Greenleaf turns his attention to Claire. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd like a moment alone with Agent Bates." Greenleaf says. "I'm guessing that the two of you are probably going to debate the alien debacle, which is why I should stick around. I could be useful." Claire says. "Claire, don't. I can handle this alien thing." Lauren claims. "Not alone, you can't." Claire says. "What could you, a civilian, possibly have to contribute to fighting an alien race?" Greenleaf wonders. "Lets just say that with me on your side, you'd be fighting fire with fire." Claire says. Claire holds her hand out, and a small purple orb appears in it. "Impressive..." Greenleaf admits. "She's still learning how to use her powers." Lauren chimes in. "Perhaps, but even so, her abilities could potentially be a game changer in this battle...Agent Bates, I've prepared an arsenal of weapons that may aid you in your fight. I've also put together a team, to provide you with backup." Greenleaf says. "That's not necessary." Lauren says. Greenleaf smiles. "I didn't think it would be, I just thought I'd offer. I'll give you and your friend a moment alone to discuss strategy." Greenleaf says, before walking out. "Why didn't you want your boss to know about my powers?" Claire asks. "Because I don't like the thought of having a civilian involved in a battle against a dangerous alien race." Lauren claims. "I like how you use the word "civilian" because you don't want to single me out, and imply that you might actually not hate me." Claire says. Lauren ignores that remark. "Are you ready for battle?" Lauren wonders. "I've never been more ready. Its time I go and rescue my Mom." Claire says.

Lauren and Claire follow Greenleaf into a room. Greenleaf turns the lights on, and several weapons are revealed to be showcased. "Take a look at your updated arsenal." Greenleaf says. "These aren't normal guns." Lauren realizes. "The weapons in this room aren't available to most WPA employees, due to how incredibly dangerous they can be. Not only that, but the agency only puts these weapons to use when the threat at hand isn't human." Greenleaf says. "Wait, does that mean you've gone up against non human threats before?" Claire wonders. "We've had some brushes with galactic threats." Greenleaf cryptically states. "Maybe you should consider a name change, since you are called the WORLD Protective Agency." Claire suggests. "We are looking into expanding." Greenleaf tells her. Greenleaf then walks over to the weapons. "Let me introduce you to what you'll be working with." Greenleaf says to Lauren. Greenleaf picks up one gun. "This is a laser gun. Shoot anything with this, and it'll immediately be turned to dust." Greenleaf reveals. "Just like the OP gun Wishbone has." Claire notes. Greenleaf picks up another weapon. "This is a grappling gun. However, rather than rope and a hook, it instead uses an energy beam of sorts. Trust me, its far more precise than its technological inferior counterpart." Greenleaf says. Greenleaf picks up another weapon. "This one is less advanced, but still effective. This weapon fires minature explosives. When they make contact with their target, they will stick, and detonate after a very short period of time. I have a feeling you will have a great deal of fun with these, Agent Bates." Greenleaf says. Lauren walks over to the arsenal, and smiles. "I have the same feeling." Lauren says. "I've also arranged for you to ride an updated aircraft, one that is better equipped to combat alien threats." Greenleaf reveals. "Does that mean we won't be blown out of the sky, this time?" Lauren asks. "Its unlikely, but one can never be too careful. If you find yourself in yet another battle in the sky, I urge you to fight back." Greenleaf says. "I always do." Lauren responds. "We should go, time is of the essence!" Claire tells Lauren. "Be safe out there, Agent Bates." Greenleaf says. "You know I won't be, but that's the way I prefer it." Lauren says. She and Claire then exit the room...

It is now night time. On the plane, Lauren can be seen piloting, as Claire sits in the co pilot's seat. "Why exactly are you flying the plane?" Claire wonders. "No one knows how to fight an air battle better than me. Besides...I didn't see any point in endangering another life." Lauren admits. "I never thought of you as someone to care so much about human lives." Claire notes. "If someone is gonna die, I'd rather it be the bad guys." Lauren says. Claire points ahead. "Lauren, look!" Claire tells her. In the distance, Claire's home island can be seen. "Wishbone is SO going down!" Claire says. "Don't get too confident. We aren't even on the island, yet." Lauren reminds Claire. "Why wouldn't I be confident? They don't even know we're here!" Claire notes. A light from the island's lighthouse shines on Lauren's plane, and suddenly, alarms start to ring! "They do now..." Lauren dryly states. "Oh come on, those alarms could mean anything! They could be for a fire drill, for all we know!" Claire argues. Suddenly, aliens come rushing at the plane! Lauren smiles. "Time to test out my new toy." Lauren says, as she locks onto all of the aliens with her plane's touch screen. Once she presses a button, several missiles are fired! "Are you out of your mind? Didn't you learn your lesson from last time?!" Claire asks. "I know what I'm doing." Lauren assures her. Most of the aliens are destroyed, but a few of them try the same trick from before, by flying close to the plane's wings as the missiles come for them. "Welp, we almost won. Just kidding, Wishbone completely kicked our asses!" Claire claims. The missiles blow up when they hit the aliens, which are right on the plane's wings. However, when the smoke clears, it is revealed that the wings didn't take any damage! "The plane is immune to its own weapons, which means they can't be used against it. Don't ask me why this isn't the plane they gave me to begin with." Lauren says. At that moment, another army of aliens appear! "We can't hold them off forever! We need to get to the island!" Claire notes. "I completely agree. Time for a distraction." Lauren says, as she presses a button on the control panel. A compartment underneath the plane opens, and after a moment, five drones emerge, and begin shooting at the aliens! "I think I'll call her..."death"." Lauren says. "The plane? I don't know...no offense, but that's kinda a stupid name for a plane." Claire tells her. "I'd like to see you come up with something better." Lauren challenges. "Once this is all over, I will!" Claire says. "Assuming we survive." Lauren adds. "Don't worry, we will." Claire says.

The plane lands on the island, and once Lauren and Claire get out, they look up at a huge skyscraper. "This wasn't here before." Claire notes. "It must be Wishbone's base of operations." Lauren deduces. The two approach the front door, and discover that it is locked via a keypad. "No problem, I'm good with these kinds of things." Claire claims. "Claire, you don't-" Before Lauren can finish, Claire tries a code, but the code is incorrect. "Well...even I'm wrong once or twice a decade. Let me try that again." Claire says. "Before you do, you should know-" Before Lauren can finish, Claire tries another code, but its incorrect. "Huh, I must be having an off day. No problem, third time's a charm!" Claire says. Lauren crosses her arms, in frustration. Claire tries another code, but once again, it is wrong. "Oh come on! Wishbone isn't smart enough to come up with a good passcode!" Claire complains. Annoyed with Claire's attempts, Lauren steps in front of her, slides a card into the keypad, and they are granted access! "How did you get one of Wishbone's cards?" Claire wonders. "I didn't. The WPA has an override card that can unlock all security systems, which you would've known if you had let me finish talking." Lauren notes, before walking into the building. "Liar, you didn't say anything!" Claire claims, before following Lauren inside.

Inside Wishbone's hideout, Claire and Lauren walk down a long corridor. "Any idea where Wishbone might be keeping the prisoners?" Claire asks. "I thought you wanted to go and take down Wishbone." Lauren notes. "What I want is to rescue my mother." Claire says. "So don't you think it would make more sense to take down Wishbone, first? The island is still crawling with aliens, if we let the prisoners loose, they'll probably just get captured again. But, if we take Wishbone down first, the aliens won't have anyone left to take orders from. Lets face it, the only reason they're doing any of this is because Wishbone busted them out of Area 51. If he is taken out of commission, they'll have no reason to keep destroying crap and kidnapping people, so hopefully, they'll leave." Lauren says. "And if they don't?" Claire wonders. "Then I'll blast them back to their home planet, and make them wish they had left willingly." Lauren says. At the end of the corridor, the elevator doors open, and three aliens appear! Lauren pulls out her laser gun immediately. "Leave one of them to me." Claire tells Lauren. "Ugh, fine. You just better know what you're doing." Lauren says. Lauren shoots two of them with her laser gun, reducing them to dust, while Claire focuses her energy. A moment later, a purple sphere appears between Claire's hands, and she aims it at the remaining alien. Claire manages to hit her target, and the last alien is destroyed! "Looks like you're starting to get the hang of things." Lauren notes. "If anything, my aim is definitely better." Claire says. Lauren and Claire run onto the elevator. "We need to figure out what floor Wishbone is on." Lauren says. "Well, going by every movie I've ever watched, the villain usually hangs out on either the top floor, or the roof. Wishbone seems more like a top floor kinda guy, if you ask me." Claire says. "Roof it is." Lauren says, as she pushes the roof button. As the elevator starts to move, elevator music starts to play. Eventually, the elevator stops. "We aren't at the roof yet!" Claire notes. The doors open, and an alien can be seen standing outside the elevator. It is clearly caught off guard when it sees Lauren and Claire, but once the surprise wears off, it goes to attack them! Lauren quickly pulls her weapon, and shoots the alien! Lauren once again presses the roof button. "I always hate when the elevator stops for other people." Lauren complains.

On the roof, the elevator doors open, and Lauren and Claire step out. Once they are on the roof, they notice Wishbone standing at the edge of the roof, with his back turned to them. "There he is! He doesn't even see us! We could just give him a little shove and be done with this!" Claire whispers. "We are NOT pushing him! We're shooting him, its more satisfying, and funner for me." Lauren whispers. "Okay, good idea! Wait, scratch that! Before we kill him, I was kinda hoping I could get in an epic hero monologue. What do you think? I could go on and on about how much he has taken from me, and then I could proceed to brag about how I'm going to win, and he's not. THEN we can shoot him!" Claire whispers. "He has an entire alien army at his disposal! We don't have time for monologues!" Lauren whispers. "Come on! I've always wanted to do one!" Claire whispers. "NO!" Lauren whispers. "I can hear you, you know." Wishbone says, before turning towards them. "Oh, great Lauren, you gave away where we were!" Claire scolds, as Lauren rolls her eyes. "Don't fight each other, I knew you there entire time. Congratulations on getting past my army, by the way." Wishbone says. "Aw, thanks. Now that the hard part is over, we can finally take you down!" Claire says. Wishbone chuckles. "Do you really think it gonna be that easy?" Wishbone asks. Lauren pulls out her laser gun, and points it at Wishbone. "I don't see anyone standing in our way. I could turn you to dust right now, and in a few years, no one would remember you." Lauren claims. "You cocky, as well. I see why you two get along so well." Wishbone says. "Excuse you?!" Claire asks. "As much as I want to shoot you, I'll give you a choice. Call off your army and release the prisoners, or I'll flush your ashes down the toilet after I kill you." Lauren threatens. Wishbone smiles. "I vote for option number three." Wishbone says, before jumping off the roof! "Did...did he just hurl himself off the roof?" Claire asks. "Yup." Lauren responds. "After all this, THAT'S the kind of ending he gives us? Rude!" Claire says. "Shhh! I hear something." Lauren reveals. Suddenly, in the same spot Wishbone jumped, a giant robot appears, with Wishbone piloting it!
"Did you really think you'd be rid of me that easily?" Wishbone asks. "Great, he has a robot. Are you happy now?" Lauren asks Claire. "Did you steal that from Area 51, too?" Claire questions Wishbone. "I had the aliens build it, using state of art technology. Allow me to demonstrate how terrifying my robot can be." Wishbone says. Wishbone presses a button, and accidentally starts playing "I play Pokemon Go" over the speakers of his robot! "Shut off! Shut off!!! SHUT OFF!!!" Wishbone screams, as he tries to turn it off. The music finally stops. "Everything okay up there?" Claire asks. "Never better! I now gonna show you EXACTLY what my robot capable of!" Wishbone says. Wishbone presses another button. "Opening Minecraft..." The speaker announces. "NO! CLOSE MINECRAFT! I NO WANNA PLAY MINECRAFT!" Wishbone yells. "Would you like to read Project FUSION instead, sir?" The AI asks. "No...no! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Wishbone screams. Wishbone begins slamming his fists on the control panel. "Who label these buttons?!" Wishbone angrily asks. "Do you want us to come back later?" Claire asks. "You not going ANYWHERE!" Wishbone yells. "Works for me." Lauren says, as she pulls out a weapon. Lauren fires a sticky grenade at Wishbone's robot, and it sticks near the center. It detonates, but once the dust clears, it is revealed that the robot doesn't even have a scratch on it! "Did your boss give you a faulty gun? Maybe you should exchange it for a new one." Claire suggests. "My robot invincible! That why explosion no work!" Wishbone claims. "Bombs might not work, but lets see your robot survive this." Claire says. Claire fires a purple sphere at Wishbone's robot, and once it hits, a small scratch can be seen. "Uh oh, that not supposed to happen!" Wishbone notes. "Any chance you can rapid fire those things?" Lauren wonders. "I'm not at that level, yet!" Claire explains. "If you finished, it my turn!" Wishbone announces.
The palm of the robot's hand opens, and it begins to light up. "That doesn't look good." Claire comments. "Get out of the way!" Lauren orders. "Get out of the way HOW?! WE'RE ON A FREAKING ROOF!" Claire yells. The robot fires an energy beam, which Lauren and Claire both manage to dodge. However, the impact from the blast manages to blow Lauren right off the roof! Claire runs to the edge, of the roof and sees Lauren plummeting to the ground. "LAUREN!" Claire screams. Suddenly, just as Lauren nears the ground, a purple aura appears around her entire body, and she begins to float back up towards the roof. Claire's eyes are revealed to be glowing purple, implying that she is the one that rescued Lauren. Lauren finally reaches the top of the building, and the aura around her disappears. "Did you do that?" Lauren asks Claire. Claire shrugs. "I guess." Claire says. "You've come a long way from moving bananas with your mind. You saved my life." Lauren says. "Its like you said, if someone is going to die, I'd rather it be the bad guys." Claire says. "As much as this little moment touching, have you forgotten I here?!" Wishbone angrily asks. "If only it were that easy." Claire says. "We're at a disadvantage. My weapons aren't any match for that robot, and unless you suddenly master your powers, you aren't a match, either." Lauren notes. "Are you giving up?!" Claire asks. "Of course not, we just need to find another way to beat him, because right now, he has us out gunned." Lauren says. Suddenly, Lauren's plane appears out of nowhere, and slams into Wishbone's robot, knocking it over! "Uh...Lauren, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that yours?" Claire asks. "Who the hell is piloting it?" Lauren wonders. Lauren and Claire then notice the plane coming straight towards them! Lauren and Claire dive out of the way, and the plane crash lands on the roof. Lauren and Claire walk over to the entrance of the plane, and wait for someone to get out.
Finally, the door opens, and Dun Dun, along with the tribe from the island, exit the plane! "Dun Dun?! This is impossible! You died in that volcanic eruption!" Claire notes. "No! Dun Dun and her new friends left island in search of Burger King!" Dun Dun reveals. "I'm just glad that you came to help. We could use all the backup we can get." Lauren says. "What? No! Dun Dun ended up here on accident! But, before she could leave, bad alien destroy Dun Dun and friends' raft! Dun Dun then saw perfectly good plane sitting there, so she try to use it to leave island. But, before Dun Dun could leave, big metal idiot get in her way, and cause Dun Dun to crash!" Dun Dun reveals. "So, you didn't actually mean to crash into Wishbone's robot? He was just in your way? YOU IDIOT!" Claire yells. "You choose your words very carefully when speaking to our beloved leader!" One of the tribe members scold Claire. "Who are they?" Claire wonders. Dun Dun walks closer to Lauren and Claire. "These bozos think Dun Dun their leader!" Dun Dun whispers. "And you didn't correct them?" Lauren asks. "No! They first people who ever treat Dun Dun like queen she is! Oh, they gave Dun Dun this, too." Dun Dun says, as she reveals a pickaxe! "A pickaxe?" Claire asks. "They call it Pickack! It legendary weapon leader of tribe had! Dun Dun gonna sell it, and be rich!" Dun Dun says. Suddenly, Wishbone's robot stands back up! "Who...did...THAT?!" Wishbone angrily asks. "Hey moron! You cut into Dun Dun's lane! Apologize!" Dun Dun demands. "...No!" Wishbone yells. "Do as our leader says, or suffer the consequences!" One of the tribe members warn. "Foolish fool! I will be you leader soon!" Wishbone claims. Dun Dun points at Wishbone's robot. "Men, attack!" Dun Dun orders. The tribe begin jumping onto Wishbone's robot, and finally, Dun Dun goes charging at it, wielding "Pickack". Dun Dun jumps on Claire's head, and then uses it to spring herself towards Wishbone's robot! "Dun Dun is gonna get herself killed!" Lauren notes, as Dun Dun flies closer to Wishbone's robot. The robot swats Dun Dun's tribe members away like flies, but when Dun Dun reaches it, she plunges "Pickack" right into it, creating a sizable dent! "Get this thing off me!" Wishbone yells. Wishbone's robot picks up Dun Dun, and tosses her back onto the roof! Dun Dun stands up, even angrier than before. "Dun Dun no understand why you attacking her, when you the one who swerve into Dun Dun's lane!" Dun Dun yells. "Leave Wishbone to Claire and I. You and your people need to get the prisoners out of the building, and find a way to get them off the island!" Lauren orders. "But Dun Dun wanna go to Burger King!" Dun Dun whines. "I will bring you to Burger King when this is all over, just do what I asked!" Lauren demands. "Fine...men! Dun Dun, your emperor, your savior, have new task for you! Everyone on elevator!" Dun Dun orders. Dun Dun and her tribe all squeeze onto the elevator, and the doors close a moment later.
"I'm confused. I thought you wanted to finish Wishbone off before releasing the prisoners!" Claire notes. "Wishbone is too powerful, now. We need to evacuate everyone before he has the chance to go after them." Lauren says. Suddenly, Lauren tackles Claire to the ground, narrowly avoiding an energy beam from Wishbone's robot! "The demonstration over, it time to end this." Wishbone announces. Lauren and Claire stand back up. "I couldn't agree more." Lauren says. Wishbone's robot begins rapidly firing energy disks at Lauren and Claire, which they manage to continuously avoid. "What should we do?!" Claire asks, while they're still under attack. "We need to attack where Dun Dun left a dent, that seems to be the weakest spot in the armor!" Lauren says. "Got it!" Claire responds. Claire turns towards Wishbone's robot. "You made a big mistake pissing me off!" Claire tells him. Claire's eyes turn purple, and she begins rapidly firing spheres at the weak spot on Wishbone's robot! Lauren smiles. "I knew you could do it." Lauren softly says. Once the spheres hit the spot where Dun Dun left a dent, they burst a huge hole in the robot! The robot flinches, clearly in distress. "YES! We finally did it! We won!" Claire announces. However, the spot Claire destroyed suddenly regenerates itself, good as new! "Please, tell me that the stress has gotten to me. Tell me that I'm seeing things." Claire begs. "Did I forget to mention state of art technology used in robot is alien technology? This no something humans have ever seen before." Wishbone brags. Claire turns towards Lauren. "What's the plan?" Claire asks. "That was my plan..." A defeated Lauren mutters. Wishbone laughs. "You should have expected this. We all knew you never were gonna beat me. Now, it time to finish this, finally." Wishbone says. The palm of the robot's hand aims at Lauren, and begins to charge up another energy beam...

In the basement, the prisoners are all moping in their cells, when Dun Dun and her tribe appear! "Never fear, Dun Dun here! This a jail break!" Dun Dun announces, as she picks the locks on all the cell doors. "Go! Everyone, follow Dun Dun to safety!" Dun Dun orders. Claire's Mom walks over to Dun Dun. "Wait, who are you?" Claire's Mom asks. "Dun Dun...is a hero." Dun Dun states.

Back on the roof, Claire looks on in horror when she sees Wishbone aiming at Lauren. "Lauren, get out of the way!" Claire yells. "There's no escape." Lauren admits. As Wishbone fires the blast, Claire stuns Lauren when she jumps in front of it! Claire suddenly creates some sort of magical shield, that manages to hold back the blast. However, the shield begins to crack. "Get out of here! You need to evacuate with everyone else!" Claire orders Lauren. "No! I'm not letting you take a hit that was meant for me!" Lauren says. "Please, if I ever meant anything to you, just go!" Claire begs. "Why you arguing about who gonna die first? You both gonna die!" Wishbone notes. Claire's shield continues to crumble, and finally, it shatters completely! The blast reaches Claire, but when she holds her hands out, she is somehow able to stop it! "I...I don't understand!" Wishbone states. Lauren looks on in shock and awe, as Claire continues to hold the blast back. Suddenly, a big explosion occurs, and a huge cloud of smoke appears! "Claire!" Lauren yells, through her coughing. However, Claire doesn't respond. "Claire!" Lauren yells again, this time more frantically. Once again, Claire doesn't respond. The smoke finally begins to clear, and a purple creature, who eyes are glowing, is seen floating in the air! "Claire, is...is that you?" Lauren questions. The creature smiles down at Lauren. "Don't worry, everything is going to be okay." Claire assures Lauren. Claire then turns towards Wishbone. "I...I never seen anything like it! How did you come to possess these powers?!" Wishbone asks. "I found them." Claire simply responds. Wishbone slams his hands on the control panel. "No! That my line! And I will not be defeated, not by the like of you! I no care what color you are! Purple, orange, black and blue, I no gonna lose! I gonna take over the world! My horoscope SAID SO!" Wishbone screams. Claire ignores him, and fires a colossally large energy blast at him, which hits his entire robot! As the blast destroys Wishbone's robot, piece by piece, a horrified Wishbone can be heard screaming. The blast ends, and both Wishbone and his robot have been destroyed!
Claire returns to her human form while in the air, and then begins to plummet back down to the rooftop. Lauren runs, dives, and manages to catch Claire in time. After a moment, Claire begins to open her eyes. "Are...are we dead?" Claire wonders. "No, but Wishbone is, thanks to you." Lauren says. "Me?" Claire asks. "Its over, now." Lauren assures Claire. Lauren helps Claire stand back up. "What happened?" Claire questions. "I'll tell you later. Right now, we should just take a breather. Its...been a day." Lauren notes. "Is it really over?" Claire asks. "It is." Lauren confirms. "Wow...good job." Claire says. Lauren smiles. "You did most of the work. You really surprised me out there." Lauren admits. At that moment, a bright light shines on Lauren and Claire. The two turn, and see the sun rising over the ocean. "The sun looks beautiful from up here." Claire says. Lauren turns towards Claire, who is busy gazing at the sun. "I guess it does." Lauren says. Claire turns towards Lauren, and Lauren quickly looks away. "Where you looking at me?" Claire asks. "I saw a mosquito circling your head." Lauren claims. Dun Dun returns to the roof. "What did Dun Dun miss?" Dun Dun wonders. "Everything." Claire responds. "Did you evacuate everyone?" Lauren asks Dun Dun. "Of course! Dun Dun no stupid!" Dun Dun says. "What about the aliens? What if they don't stop, even though Wishbone is dead?" Claire asks. Lauren turns, and sees Wishbone's entire alien army floating in the air, staring down at them! Lauren, Claire, and Dun Dun glare at them, prepared for battle. However, the aliens eventually turn away, and fly off into the sky. "Looks like we lucked out." Lauren says. "Or Dun Dun scare them away." Dun Dun suggests. "Yeah right." Claire says. "Dun Dun very intimidating!" Dun Dun argues. "By the way...thank you for evacuating the prisoners. As you know, one of them was my mother, and because of that, I owe you." Claire tells Dun Dun. "Dun Dun take cash, credit, and check, but only good check! And don't try no funny business, because Dun Dun will know!" Dun Dun says. "No, I didn't mean I owe you money! I just mean that if you ever need a favor or something, you can ask me." Claire says. "As favor, will Claire give Dun Dun loan of $50,000 that she no have to pay back?" Dun Dun asks. "That's...not what a loan is. You know what? Never mind." Claire says. "As much as I hate to cut this conversation short, I'm pretty sure Claire has a reunion to get to. Dun Dun, where did you bring the prisoners?" Lauren asks. "Oh, Dun Dun and friends left them down the street." Dun Dun reveals. "Down the street? Lauren told you to get them off the island!" Claire notes. "How Dun Dun supposed to do that? She have no boat, and idiot robot man break Dun Dun's plane!" Dun Dun yells. "MY plane, and its not broken." Lauren corrects her. "WHERE down the street did you bring them?" Claire asks. "There nice little roofless house that Dun Dun stash them in." Dun Dun tells Claire. "You didn't even bring them to a house with a roof?!" Claire asks. "It only house left! You lucky Dun Dun help them at all! She have better things to do than to save world!" Dun Dun argues. Claire turns towards Lauren. "Any chance I'll see you again before you leave?" Claire asks. "I'll stick around until you talk to your Mom." Lauren says. "Great, I'll see you soon!" Claire says, before running onto the elevator.

At the roofless house, Claire arrives, and immediately spots her mother! "Mom!" Claire calls out. "Oh my goodness, Claire!" Claire's Mom exclaims. Claire runs into her arms, and the two share a warm embrace. "Don't you DARE ever get kidnapped again!" Claire warns. Claire's Mom chuckles. "I'll try not to. What about you? Did he hurt you?" Claire's Mom questions. "I'm good. Nothing that won't heal with a good night's sleep, and I'm definitely ready to go to bed." Claire says. "When aren't you ready to go to bed? Unfortunately, we won't be doing that at our house. It was one of the casualties of Wishbone's power trip." Claire's Mom says. "I don't care about any of that, I'm just happy you're alive." Claire says.

On the beach, Lauren is sitting in the sand, with Dun Dun next to her. "When we going to Burger King? Lauren promised Dun Dun we go to Burger King if she rescue weak people! Does Dun Dun have to kidnap them herself to be taken serious?" Dun Dun wonders. "We'll go soon, we're just waiting for somebody." Lauren says. At that moment, Lauren sees that Claire has arrived at the beach. Lauren stands up, and walks over to Claire. "How's your Mom?" Lauren wonders. "She's good as new. Things aren't completely back to normal, though, since Wishbone and his gang destroyed everyone's homes." Claire notes. "I spoke to the director of the WPA, the agency is going to arrange housing for everyone on the island." Lauren reveals. "That's really generous, thank you." Claire says. "Its the least we could do." Lauren says. "So...how exactly was Wishbone destroyed? You told me that he was dead, thanks to me, and you also said that you would tell me what happened later. The last thing I remember was stopping an attack Wishbone made on you, and then, next thing I know, I'm waking up, and Wishbone is apparently dead." Claire recalls. "I'm going to be blunt with you. You turned into some purple alien thing, and you destroyed Wishbone and his robot with one blow." Lauren reveals. "You're joking." Claire says, in disbelief. "I don't joke." Lauren says. "She right, she don't." Dun Dun adds. Claire looks down at her hands. "What am I?" Claire wonders. "What you are is a hero." Lauren says. At that moment, a helicopter lands on the beach, and Director Greenleaf emerges from it. "You don't have to worry about giving me a ride. My plane survived the excitement." Lauren informs Greenleaf. "I actually didn't come to see you." Greenleaf reveals. Greenleaf turns towards Claire. "Agent Bates told me over the phone everything that transpired. You are a remarkable woman, Miss. Riley." Greenleaf says. "I just wish I could remember what happened." Claire notes. "What happened, Miss. Riley, was you exhibited abilities that most humans don't possess. I have a feeling that a woman like yourself would be a formidable operative within the agency." Greenleaf says. "Wait, are you offering her a job?" Lauren asks. "We have bigger fights ahead of us, Agent Bates. I would very much like it if Miss. Riley would consider fighting those battles along side us." Greenleaf says. Greenleaf hands Claire his card. "Contact me when you come to a decision." Greenleaf tells Claire. Greenleaf turns towards Lauren. "Agent Bates, you are needed back in D.C. I have a new mission for you." Greenleaf says, before getting back on his helicopter, and flying away.
"The missions never stop coming, huh?" Claire asks. "If you accept the job, its probably better you know that, up front. Well, I guess...I should be heading back to D.C." Lauren says. "Will I ever see you again?" Claire asks. "Trust me, you haven't seen the last of me." Lauren assures her. Claire looks at Greenleaf's card. "If I take this job, I might be seeing a lot more of you." Claire points out. "Don't do it. The work is dangerous, death is an occupational hazard, its a bad idea." Lauren notes. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you sounded kinda worried about me." Claire says. Lauren smiles. "I'll see you soon." Lauren says, before heading towards her plane. Dun Dun runs after Lauren. "Hey! What about Burger King?!" Dun Dun asks. "We'll stop there on the way back to D.C..." Lauren says. "Gud." Dun Dun says. "Hey, whatever happened to your friends from the island?" Lauren asks. "Oh, Dun Dun ditch them somewhere." Dun Dun says, as she and Lauren get on the plane. Claire watches as Lauren's plane flies off into the distance. Claire smiles. "I'll see you soon." Claire says, before looking back down at Greenleaf's card...

In Area 51, two scientists are gathered around a glass container. "I can't believe how much we lost in that stupid raid! Damn criminals!" One of the scientists say. "At least we didn't lose this, our biggest accomplishment of all." The other scientist says. Hog the Dog is revealed to be inside of the container! Suddenly, Hog opens his eyes! "Look, he's awake!" One of the scientists exclaims. Hog kicks through the glass, and it shatters! "Its free!" One of the scientists yell. Hog immediately jumps onto one of the scientists, and snaps his neck! Hog turns his attention towards the other scientist, and sees him holding a gun. "Don't-dont move!" The scientist yells. Hog, at the speed of light, runs behind the scientist, and hits him in the back of the head! The scientist drops his gun, Hog swiftly picks it up, and then shoots the scientist! Outside Area 51, a brown blur can be seen fleeing the facility at a stunning speed, as alarms ring in the background...

Back at the WPA compound, Lauren enters Greenleaf's office. "What's this about my next mission?" Lauren wonders. "Do you remember the incident on the planet Constalia that I told you about? The one that nearly brought the land of Argi to the brink of ruin, and that could've brought about a galactic catastrophe if it had gone any further?" Greenleaf asks. "Kinda hard to forget. Is there a new development?" Lauren wonders. "My contact with the galactic authorities has informed me that the individual who recruited Diomedes to attack Argi has set his sights on a new target...Earth." Greenleaf reveals. Lauren's eyes widen. "When did this information come in?" Lauren asks. "Right after you and Miss. Riley defeated Wishbone. Rather a large coincidence, if you ask me." Greenleaf says. "What do you want me to do?" Lauren questions. "I want you to go to Fantastic City...and have a chat with Dylan Stanpatos and Thea Alanis." Greenleaf reveals...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down