QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lauren and Claire Part 1(February 2, 2020)

Go down

Lauren and Claire Part 1(February 2, 2020) Empty Lauren and Claire Part 1(February 2, 2020)

Post by QG Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:18 pm

Written By: qg2004
and Vix

In a village located on a small island in Hawaii, Claire's eyes slowly begin to open, and she finds herself lying on the ground outside. "How...how did I end up out here?" Claire wonders. Claire stands up, and discovers that her village is on fire! As Claire looks around, she sees several of her fellow villagers being carried away by aliens. "What's going on?!" Claire wonders. Claire begins to hear a noise off in the distance. When she turns, she sees a man coming straight towards her, riding a hovercraft! As he rapidly approaches Claire, he begins trying to stop the hovercraft. "What are you doing? Stop! STOP!!!" The man screams at the hovercraft. Finally, it stops, before it gets the chance to hit Claire. "Uh...good evening." The man says. "Who are you?!" Claire asks. "My name not important." The man says. "Um, since you are attacking my island, it kinda is." Claire says. "My name no important. All you need to know is that you must fear me." The man says. His hovercraft budges to the right, and the man nearly falls off it! "You piece of scrap metal! Can you no do nothing right?! I replacing you first chance I get!" The man yells at the hovercraft. "I'm shaking in my boots." Claire sarcastically says. "Don't speak down to me with your sarcasm, woman! Look at all I have accomplished! My army is taking you friends away, and you soon to follow." The man tells her. "Why are you even doing this?" Claire asks. "Because I gonna take over the island as my new hideout." The man says. "You are kidnapping a bunch of people because you want to use their home as a hideout?" Claire asks. "Yeah, that right. Then, I gonna take over the world." The man says. "Naturally. Look, I don't know what you specifically have planned, but please don't hurt any of these people." Claire begs. "I don't wanna kill anyone. However, I will kill anyone that stand in my way." The man says. "I guess I should make this quick then." Claire says. "Huh?" The man asks. Suddenly, Claire begins running towards the man! "Stupid girl, you'll regret that." The man says. The man pulls out a gun, and aims it at Claire! He then fires it, and a laser shoots at Claire! The laser hits Claire, and evaporates her!

Claire jumps awake, and discovers that she was asleep on the sofa. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." Someone says. Claire turns, and sees her mother standing in the doorway. "What...what am I doing out here?" Claire wonders. Claire looks down, and sees her phone in her lap. "I must've fallen asleep watching videos." Claire realizes. "It must be nice, being able to bring your favorite videos and TV shows anywhere you go. Back when I was a kid, we didn't have cellular phones." Claire's Mom notes. "Is that what life was like back in the 1800s?" Claire sarcastically asks. Claire's Mom shoots her a glare. "Sorry, that was uncalled for." Claire says. "What's wrong? You seem somewhat more vindictive than usual." Claire's Mom notes. "I just had a bad dream. In fact, I've been having the same bad dream for the past two weeks." Claire admits. "Ah, you are talking about the one where the island gets attacked. You have to know that it is just a dream, nothing more. After all, if someone were to attack anywhere, why would they pick this island that isn't even on the map?" Claire's Mom asks. "I know you're right. Besides, I don't even believe in being able to see into the future. And, even if it were possible, its not something I'd be able to do. I'm just an average person." Claire says. Claire's Mom chuckles. "Average isn't a word I'd ever use to describe you." Claire's Mom says. Claire stands up. "I'm gonna go for a walk to clear my head. Do you want anything while I'm out?" Claire asks. "We are running low on milk, if you don't mind." Claire's Mom says. "I'm on it, see you in a bit." Claire says.

At the market, Claire is walking through the store, with the jug of milk in her hand, when she sees a bunch of merchandise for Dylan and Thea. Claire turns towards one of the employees. "Who are they?" Claire asks. "Those two are real life super heroes! They protect a place called Fantastic City!" The employee says. "Never heard of it, or them." Claire says, before she continues walking towards the register. Once Claire pays, she heads towards the exit, when she notices people lined up at the front window of the store. Claire walks over to the window, and when she looks out, she sees the aliens from her dream descending onto the village! "Oh crap!" Claire gasps. Claire goes to run out the door, but is stopped by a security guard. "Ma'am, its not a good idea to go out there! Its too dangerous!" The guard says. "I don't care! My mother is in the village!" Claire says, before pushing her way past the security guard, and running outside!

Claire continues running down the street, towards her house, when two aliens come right towards her! Each of them grab one of her arms, and restrain her! "Let go of me, you ugly freaks!" Claire yells. "Quiet! It is you who is ugly, human!" One of the aliens say. Suddenly, Claire notices her mother being carried away by two aliens! "Mom!" Claire screams. "Claire, RUN!" Claire's mother yells back. Claire continues to try and break free from the alien's grip. However, when she becomes increasingly enraged, an energy wave comes rushing out from her body, and destroys both of the aliens! "Holy crap! Did I do that? Focus, Claire! No time to think about how weird that was, you have to go save Mom!" Claire says. Claire begins running after the aliens that have taken her mother. Claire's mother notices Claire in pursuit. "Claire, what are you doing? Run the other way!" Claire's Mom yells. "I'm not letting them take you!" Claire yells back. "She has to be the most stubborn person on earth." Claire's Mom comments. As Claire is in pursuit, an energy beam suddenly hits the ground in front of her, and causes Claire to fall backwards! When she does, the gallon of milk that she bought spills all over the ground. "Two dollars, down the drain." Claire complains.
Claire looks up, and sees the man from her dream descending from the sky, riding a hovercraft. The man claps. "Bravo! That was quite the performance you put on." The man says. "Thanks, but I don't usually spill milk. I'm more of a tea spiller." Claire says. "I was talking about the magical beam or whatever that came from you and destroy two aliens, the one that went WHOOSH!" The man tells her. "You're the man from my dream." Claire realizes. "You dream about me, a man you don't even know? I flattered." The man says. "Trust me, buddy, it wasn't a good dream. I dreamt that you were attacking my village!" Claire admits. "Did I win?" The man asks. "No, I kicked your butt." Claire lies. Claire finally stands up. "The creatures attacking this village...they obviously aren't from this world, but you seem to be. How did you end up leading an alien race?" Claire asks. "I found them, they liked me, now we best friends." The man explains. "You FOUND them? How the hell did you just "find" aliens? You know what? Never mind that. Who are you?" Claire asks. "My name not important." The man says. "Typical, you are acting just like you did in my dreams!" Claire complains. "Since you insist on knowing my name, I'll tell you." The man says. "Actually, I only asked once." Claire notes. "My name...is Wishbone." Wishbone reveals. Claire stares at him for a moment, before she begins cracking up laughing. "What? Did you think of a funny joke or something? I like funny jokes, share it with me!" Wishbone says. "The joke is your name! Wishbone? Seriously?! That's not actually on your birth certificate, right?" Claire asks. "NO! I pick the name!" Wishbone yells. "Oh okay. So, your parents aren't the idiots here, YOU are." Claire says. Wishbone stomps on his hovercraft. "SHUT UP! I came to take control of your island!" Wishbone yells. "Yeah, I kinda figured that. But, why this island? Why not Boston? Or New York? Or D.C? Why some random island in Hawaii that no one has ever heard of except for the people who live here and you?" Claire asks. "I gonna go after those places, in due time. But, before, I want a nice tropical vacation, first." Wishbone says. "Can't you just find a deserted island somewhere, then? Check Google maps, maybe it'll show you some nice places." Claire suggests. "I no want other island, I want THIS one! I through justifying my brilliance, let talk about you, and you powers. You could either be a great ally, or a troublesome enemy. Why not join forces with me, we can rule this world together?" Wishbone asks. "Dude, I didn't even KNOW I had powers until two minutes ago! Now, I'm supposed to use them to help you take over the world? Sorry, no deal. Besides, if I did want to take over the world, I'd want a smarter ally than you." Claire says. Wishbone growls, and points his laser gun at Claire. "You just signed you own death warrant." Wishbone announces.
Wishbone's gun charges up, when he and Claire suddenly feel a huge gust of air. They turn, and see a giant jet facing them! "Friend of yours?" Claire asks Wishbone. A small cannon emerges from under the jet. Inside the jet, it can be seen that Wishbone is being targeted for an attack. A laser is shot out of the plane, and the blast sends Wishbone flying off of his hovercraft, and onto the ground! "Maybe he owes them money or something." Claire suggests. The plane lands, and when the door opens, Lauren emerges! Lauren walks over to Claire. "Are you okay?" Lauren asks. "Never better! That was pretty cool, by the way, what you did with the plane. The whole shooting thing." Claire says. "You need to come with me." Lauren tells her. "I'd love to, but my mother was just kidnapped by aliens, and I need to go get her back." Claire says. "You can't fight them." Lauren tells her. "Actually, I can! You see, I have super powers." Claire reveals. Lauren vacantly stares at Claire. "You know, super powers? The things that only exist in movies and some dump called Fantastic City?" Claire asks. "Once we land, I'll arrange for a doctor to check out your head." Lauren says. "What? I don't have a head injury! Its the truth!" Claire says. "We don't have time to argue, just get on the plane." Lauren orders. "Nope, not happening. I need to go and rescue my Mom." Claire says. "We will take care of that, but first, I need to get you off the island!" Lauren says. "Wait, who's this "we" you are talking about? Who sent you?" Claire wonders. Lauren looks up, and when Claire turns to see what she is looking at, Claire spots a swarm of aliens in the sky! Wishbone, now back on his hovercraft, floats up in front of the aliens, rubbing his sore back. "You screwed now, ladies!" Wishbone says. "Bring it on, freak!" Claire urges. Lauren rolls her eyes. "What a pain in the ass." Lauren mutters, as she stabs Claire with a syringe! Claire turns towards Lauren. "What...what did you...what was in that need-" Before Claire can finish, she passes out! Lauren picks up Claire, and and then runs back to her plane. "Hey wait, where you going?" Wishbone asks. Lauren ignores him, and gets inside the plane. A moment later, the plane acsends to the air, and then soars off into the distance.

On the plane, Claire begins to regain consciousness. Once she is fully aware, she realizes she is in a glass cell! When Claire looks through the glass, she sees a short stick figure woman looking in at her. "I must be hallucinating..." Claire says. "Hey lady! Do you have quarter for Dun Dun? She can't get gumball machine working!" Dun Dun says. "Who are you?" Claire asks. "Dun Dun asked question first!" Dun Dun argues. "I must be having some kinda fever dream...no way am I actually talking to a stick figure." Claire says. "How dare you call Dun Dun stick figure! You skin and bones, too!" Dun Dun claims. Lauren enters. "What's going on?" Lauren asks. "This lady being very rude to Dun Dun!" Dun Dun claims. Lauren hands Dun Dun a game controller. "Here, go play some Fortnite." Lauren urges. "Dun Dun will!" Dun Dun says, before exiting the room. "Was I really just talking to a stick figure? How did you even end up with her?" Claire asks. "I found her." Lauren responds. "What's with everybody finding these crazy, nightmare fuel entities today?" Claire wonders. Lauren ignores the question. "Are you hungry?" Lauren asks. "I would rather have answers than food. For starters, why am I locked up like some criminal?" Claire asks. "You were pretty agitated, so after I injected you with a mild sedative, I decided to lock you up for your own protection." Lauren says. "Cool story, but you don't have the authority to do that." Claire says. Lauren then flashes her WPA badge. "Lauren Bates...WPA..." Claire reads. Claire looks back at Lauren. "No offense, but I've literally never even heard of you people." Claire admits. "We're a government agency that exists to fight bad guys like Wishbone." Lauren reveals. "Ah, so you came to fight Wishbone." Claire realizes. "That was my intention, but once I got to the island, it didn't take me long to realize that I wasn't well equipped enough to fight Wishbone and his army." Lauren admits. "Do you know how Wishbone ended up in charge of the aliens?" Claire asks. "Every member of Wishbone's army was being kept at Area 51 for research purposes. Somehow, Wishbone managed to infiltrate Area 51, which is when he broke the aliens out. That's also where he stole his hovercraft." Lauren reveals. Suddenly, Dun Dun can be heard yelling from the other room. "You IDIOT! What did Dun Dun say about using boat? THEY TOO NOISY!!! Hey moron! Get off zipline! Did jimmyiscool4422 not see message from Fortnite God saying ziplines broken?! Dun Dun surrounded by idiots!" Dun Dun screams. "And where did she come from?" Claire asks. "Before I went to your island, I went to Area 51 to evaluate the damage. She was there, she must've stowed away on the plane when I left." Lauren says.
Claire changes topics. "So, about those aliens...how exactly are we supposed to stop them?" Claire asks. "I'm going to drop you off at a secure WPA facility, I'm going to upgrade my arsenal, and then, I'm gonna head back to the island and eradicate every single one of them." Lauren says. "I didn't hear you say that I get to come." Claire notes. "You're not coming." Lauren firmly states. "I should get to go! My mother was one of the people kidnapped!" Claire reminds Lauren. "You are a civilian, and my job description says that I can't involve civilians in my missions! Something about potential liability issues if they get shot, or their arms are chopped off, or they are turned to dust by some unknown alien race's laser beams." Lauren says. "I can sign a wavier!" Claire suggests. "You're not getting involved." Lauren repeats. "Okay, fine! But, if you think you can keep me locked up in here, when I didn't even do anything wrong, you have another thing coming!" Claire says. "What are you gonna do? Annoy me to death?" Lauren asks. "I'm pretty sure Dun Dun has that area covered. Look, if you let me go, I will behave myself." Claire tells Lauren. Lauren sighs. "Fine." Lauren says. Lauren places her finger on a fingerprint scanner, and the door to Claire's cell opens. Claire then runs past Lauren, and straight towards the plane's door! Claire opens the door, and then notices that they are flying over the ocean! Before Claire can react, she falls out of the plane! Fortunately, Lauren manages to grab Claire's arm before she plunges into the water below. Lauren pulls Claire back into the plane, and slams the door shut. "Why didn't you warn me that we were in the air?!" Claire asks. "We are on a plane, where did you think we'd be? Besides, fear builds character, and you were never in any real danger of falling." Lauren says.
Claire sighs. "Since I'm obviously not going anywhere, I guess I'll take you up on your food offer from earlier." Claire says. Before Lauren can respond, something hits the plane! The impact causes Lauren to fall to the floor, and Claire to fall right on top of her. In the other room, the TV Dun Dun was playing on turns off, and Dun Dun tosses the controller onto the floor in a rage. Elsewhere, Lauren and Claire run into the cockpit of the plane. "What are we looking at?" Lauren asks the pilot. "Uh, well...it appears several red things are chasing the plane." The pilot says. "It must be Wishbone's hit squad." Claire realizes. "We need to fight back." Lauren announces. "You can fight aliens all you want, Agent Bates, but I'm not getting caught in the middle of some galactic war!" The pilot says. The pilot stands up, grabs a parachute, and jumps out of the plane! "Baby." Lauren comments. Dun Dun storms into the cockpit. "Dun Dun has been sabotaged! Bad guy in Fortnite infected her TV and game system with virus that forced TV to turn off, and now, IT WON'T TURN BACK ON!" Dun Dun yells. "That wasn't a virus, you idiot! Aliens are attacking us!" Claire yells. "Aliens play Fortnite?! That explain so much to Dun Dun." Dun Dun says. "Brace yourselves. I'm turning the plane around to fight the aliens, head on." Lauren warns.

At the WPA compound in Washington D.C, the director of the agency, Greenleaf, is sitting behind his desk, watching anime openings on Youtube, when he gets a call. He quickly closes his laptop, and answers the phone. "Agent Bates, what's your status?" Greenleaf asks. "You might wanna make room in the budget for a new plane for me." Lauren says. "What's going on?" Greenleaf asks. "Hiiiii, secret agent man!" Claire can be heard saying. "I am Dun Dun." Dun Dun simply states. "Give me back the phone! I'm trying to talk to my boss!" Lauren snaps. "Agent Bates...what the bloody hell is going on?!" Greenleaf asks. "I'm under attack by aliens, and I'm stuck with one girl who thinks she has super powers, and another that talks in the third person." Lauren says. "Oh dear. I don't believe I can help with the latter, but I may be able to assist you with the former." Greenleaf tells her. "Reinforcements would be nice." Lauren says. "There's just one problem, I'm afraid. I've lost signal to your plane, and I can't seem to pinpoint your coordinates. Do you have any clue where you are currently?" Greenleaf asks. "I've been too busy parenting the stowaways and trying not to die to keep track of my whereabouts." Lauren says. Suddenly, the line goes dead. "Agent Bates, are you there? Agent Bates? Lauren?!" Greenleaf calls out.

Back on the plane, Lauren is fighting off the aliens. "Your boss seemed nice." Claire comments. "He sounded like angry old man." Dun Dun argues. Claire scoffs. "No, he did not! He was just upset because you were talking over Lauren when she was trying to talk to him." Claire claims. "You did it first!" Dun Dun argues. "So what if I did?!" Claire asks. Lauren sighs. "I can't believe I'm going to die with these two..." Lauren mutters. The scene changes to show the plane fighting the aliens. Lauren locks on to five of the aliens, and then fires missiles! The aliens attempt to flee, but the missiles follow them, and end up hitting most of them! However, one is still fleeing from the missile. This one alien then lands on the left wing of Lauren's plane. The missile hits the alien, and as a result, it also blows up the left wing of the plane! Lauren loses control of the plane, and it begins to plummet at lightning speed. Panicking, Dun Dun starts frantically running back and forth, screaming. Claire puts her foot out in front of Dun Dun, and Dun Dun trips, and ends up unconscious. "Much better." Claire says. Claire turns her attention to Lauren. "So, what's the plan?" Claire asks. "There isn't one." Lauren responds. "What?! Can't your plane just regenerate a wing or something? Its a freaking spy jet!" Claire points out. "Budget cuts." Lauren notes. "So, what do we do now?" Claire asks. "Sit back, and hope we don't die." Lauren says. The plane crash lands on an island, and begins bouncing off the ground several times. Finally, once the plane hits the ground for the last time, the remaining aliens leave, assuming everyone is dead.

At the WPA compound, an agent known as Winters enters Director Greenleaf's office. "You wished to see me, sir?" Winters asks. "We lost signal on Agent Bates' plane, as she was being attacked by aliens." Greenleaf reveals. "I'm sorry, sir...aliens?" Winters asks, in surprise. "Yes, aliens! Surely, you have heard of them!" Greenleaf says. "Do you think Agent Bates is dead?" Winters asks. "That's what I need you to find out. I want you to exercise every method to try and find Agent Bates, and bring her back alive." Greenleaf says. "I don't know, sir. If Aliens are involved, maybe we shouldn't get involved." Winters suggests. "We are already involved, Agent Winters! One of our very own agents was assaulted by these vicious creatures! Besides, this is a matter of international security, which last I checked, is our area of expertise! I'm afraid we can't simply sit this one out." Greenleaf says. "I'll take care of it, sir." Winters says, before exiting Greenleaf's office.

On Claire's island, it is revealed that Wishbone's aliens are constructing him a giant base, that covers most of the island. Underneath the island, Wishbone is walking down a long corridor, with jail cells on both sides, filled with villagers from the island. A small alien catches up to him. "Look at all I've done!" Wishbone tells the alien. "You did gud job, master!" The alien says. "I did do gud job, didn't I?" Wishbone says. "Let us out of here, you disgusting waste of oxygen!" A familiar voice yells. Wishbone begins looking around. "Who said that? Who the hell said that?!" Wishbone angrily asks. In her cell, Claire's mother steps forward, and Wishbone approaches her cell. "You think I a waste of oxygen?" Wishbone asks. "I was probably being too nice." Claire's Mom says. "You should be thanking me, you know. I could have killed you, but I such a nice guy, I decided to let you keep breathing the oxygen you claim I no deserving of!" Wishbone yells. "Why are you even doing all of this?" Claire's Mom asks. "You wanna know why I doing this? Do you know where my name came from? When I was a boy, all I had for toy was a wishbone. My parents never give me nothing else because they were disgusted by me...because I no talk right! They barely even say hello to me, the only thing they knew how to do was yell! Let me tell you why I doing this, I doing this because it MY time to have something more than nothing! I gonna run the world! And...if you polite enough, I may let you run it with me." Wishbone says. "Drop dead." Claire's Mom snarls. Frustrated, Wishbone grabs the back of her head, and slams it up against the bars! He continues to hold her there. "It not too late for me to pull my weapon and turn you to dust, ma'am, I suggest you remember that. Do you...do you have children?" Wishbone asks. "I do." Claire's Mom confirms. "Are they here?" Wishbone questions. "It doesn't look like it. She must've been lucky enough to escape." Claire's Mom says. "She? Only one person managed to escape the island. Your daughter must be girl with the powers." Wishbone assumes. "What?! My-my daughter doesn't have any powers!" Claire's Mom says. "But she does. She use them to fight off two members of my army. Tell me, how does a human girl inherit those abilities? Was she experimented on?" Wishbone wonders. "Claire was never experimiented on, I have no idea how she could have powers." Claire's Mom says. "I see that cause I no talk normal, you take me for stupid. You may claim that you no know, but you eyes telling a separate story. Tell me how the girl got her powers." Wishbone demands. "Go to hell!" Claire's Mom responds. Wishbone smirks. "It no matter, anyway. You daughter won't be a problem for me no more, because I killed her." Wishbone announces! "You're lying!" Claire's Mom accuses. "I am not! Someone helped you daughter escape via a plane, but eventually, my crew tracked plane down, attacked it, and destroyed it. There's no way she could've survived." Wishbone reveals. "Then you don't know my daughter, because she is far too stubborn to die!" Claire's Mom says. "Maybe she is still alive, but if she resurface and come after me again, I will kill her. I don't like killing people, but I also don't like people interferring in my plans." Wishbone says. "What plans? Do you plan on going after the entire world with these aliens? It won't work! Eventually, someone is going to stand up, and stop you!" Claire's Mom warns. "I agree that I not unstoppable at the moment. However, I hoping to change that very soon. My associates are working on something that will make me invincible, and once it ready, this little planet will be my playground." Wishbone says, before walking out...

On a deserted island, seagulls can be heard in the distance, as Lauren's eyes begin to flutter open. Once awake, Lauren sits up, and eyes the ruins of her plane, nearby. Lauren forces herself to stand up, and after a quick glance around the beach, she sees Claire lying lifelessly in the sand. Lauren makes her way over to Claire, and then kneels down next to her, before checking her pulse. "Looks like you got lucky." Lauren states, after finding a pulse. Lauren begins nudging at Claire, attempting to wake her up. After a few pushes from Lauren, Claire finally opens her eyes. "Hey...what happened? Where are we?" Claire asks. "We dropped by the spa." Lauren sarcastically responds. "Really?" Claire asks. "No. Our plane crashed, and we're stranded." Lauren bluntly reveals. "That explains the horrible migraine I have. Do you have any aspirin?" Claire questions. "If I do, its in the burning pile of metal that use to be my plane." Lauren says. Lauren grabs Claire's hand, and helps her stand up. "Can you walk?" Lauren asks. "Yeah, I think so. Wait, is Dun Dun alive?" Claire wonders. Lauren turns around, and sees Dun Dun in the water, attempting to swim away from the island! Lauren sighs, and then runs into the water. After a few moments, Lauren manages to catch up to Dun Dun, and grabs a hold of her. "No! Let Dun Dun go! She not staying on this rock!" Dun Dun yells. "You won't make it." Lauren tells her. "Yes I will!" Dun Dun claims. Lauren then drags Dun Dun back to the beach. Once they reach the beach, Claire approaches them. "My God, you're such an idiot!" Claire tells Dun Dun. "Dun Dun would've asked dumb girl to come with her, but you too busy napping!" Dun Dun says. "I wasn't napping, I was unconscious! And, even if I wasn't, I wouldn't have agreed to swim from one island to another, because only a moron would do that!" Claire yells. "Hey! Name calling no nice, trash bag!" Dun Dun yells. "Now isn't the time for fighting! If we're gonna survive this island, we need to stick together." Lauren says. "We have to survive, if I'm going to rescue my Mom." Claire says. "Shut UP! Dun Dun sick and tired of hearing you talk about you mother! That all you ever talk about!" Dun Dun yells. "Oh please, I don't know if I've even mentioned her ONCE to you!" Claire says. "What did I JUST say about arguing?" Lauren asks. "Right, I'm sorry." Claire apologizes. "Dun Dun not sorry." Dun Dun notes. "So now that we're stranded on Gilligan's Island, what are we supposed to do?" Claire wonders. "We need to set up camp, and gather materials. You think you can manage that?" Lauren asks. "Yeah, sure I can." Claire says. Lauren gives her an unconvinced look. "The one you should be worrying about is Dun Dun!" Claire deflects. "Dun Dun know wilderness like she know inside of bank." Dun Dun says. "I don't even want to know what you mean by that." Claire says. "I'll go and search for fire wood, you can go and find some food, and Dun Dun...Dun Dun can stay here and make sure pirates don't raid the place." Lauren says. Dun Dun smiles in approval, and the three spread out.

In an underground laboratory, Wishbone arrives. "How is the project going?" Wishbone asks one of the aliens. "Exceedingly well, master! With our technology, you will soon become the most powerful human on the planet!" The alien says. "Well you better get moving, I don't got all day!" Wishbone says. "Why don't you have all day, master? Will you be dying before the day is over?" The alien asks. "What? NO! I not dying! It an expression! It mean hurry up! What, are you stupid?" Wishbone asks. "I am an alien!" The alien responds. "Yeah, and people say human the dumbest creature." Wishbone says. "Lord Zaylon always said that humans are quite dumb." The alien says. Wishbone takes out his laser gun, shoots the alien, and it dissolves into dust!

At the beach, Lauren finishes setting down the wood for the campfire, when Claire returns, carrying a bunch of bananas. "I hit the jackpot! There is a whole lot more, too. I only took what I could carry. By the way, I noticed that there is a volcano on the island, shouldn't we be worried about that?" Claire asks. "Hopefully, by the time it erupts, we'll be long gone. You did good, by the way." Lauren says. Claire smiles. When Lauren goes to grab the small rock to start the fire, she notices its gone! Lauren and Claire turn, and see Dun Dun holding the rock. "Nobody move!" Dun Dun yells. "Put that down, you idiot! We need that!" Claire yells. "Dun Dun, put the rock down." Lauren orders. Dun Dun turns her head away. "Dun Dun!" Lauren scolds. Dun Dun throws the rock at Lauren's feet, sits on the ground, and then crosses her arms, with a pout on her face. Lauren sighs.

Later that night, the camp fire is lit, and Dun Dun is revealed to be fast asleep. Claire is tossing and turning, but ultimately sits up. When she does, she notices that Lauren is awake, and sitting by the camp fire. Claire approaches her, and sits next to her. "You're still awake?" A surprised Claire asks. "I couldn't sleep, not with everything going on." Lauren says. "Yeah...I'm real sorry if I'm adding to your stress." Claire apologizes. "Its fine." Lauren assures her. There is a brief moment of silence. "I never got your name." Lauren notes. "I'm Claire Riley." Claire introduces herself. "Lauren." Lauren introduces herself. "Yeah, I already knew that. So...WPA, huh? That's pretty cool." Claire says. "The pay sucks, given all the times I put my life on the line, but I enjoy the work." Lauren says. "What exactly do you do? Like, tell me what a normal day is for you." Claire says. "If I told you, I'd have to kill you." Lauren states. "That bad, huh?" Claire asks. "Its dirty work, but it keeps people safe." Lauren says. "So, you do all of this to protect the world, and you can't even tell people about it, to get the credit you deserve? That sucks." Claire comments. "Trust me, it doesn't. People irritate me." Lauren notes. "Yeah, I noticed." Claire says. The two are struck by another moment of silence. "So, you and your Mom seem pretty close. You're pretty determined to save her." Lauren points out. "My Mom is the only family I've ever had. I don't have brothers, sisters, cousins...just my Mom." Claire admits. "No Dad?" Lauren wonders. "He passed away before I was born, so I never got the chance to meet him. My Mom doesn't like talking about him, I don't even know what he was like...What about you? Are you close to your parents?" Claire questions.
"I was...they're both dead now." Lauren admits. "I'm so sorry. If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" Claire wonders. "They were killed in a terrorist bombing at a local mall. I...I was still a teenager when it happened, and I ended up having to go into Foster care." Lauren recalls. "That must've been difficult." Claire says. "It was...but I made sure it was difficult for everyone else around me, too. I rebelled, a lot, after they died, it got me into quite a bit of trouble. Luckily, a nice older woman took me in, and helped me get my life back on track. Eventually, I graduated high school, then graduated college, and then finally, I joined the WPA academy." Lauren says. "Well that's a pretty inspiring story. You should tell it to other kids that go off the rails, maybe you could make a difference in their lives." Claire suggests. "I told you, I don't like people, OR public speaking. Anyway, that's the whole sorted story of why I joined the agency." Lauren says. "I'm sorry for being so rude to you, earlier. You deserve way more respect than you probably get." Claire says. "I don't care about people respecting me. In my line of work, I just want them to fear me." Lauren says. "You seem to have accomplished that. Dun Dun listens to you pretty well." Claire notes. "If Dun Dun didn't listen, I would've thrown her off the plane long before we crashed." Lauren claims. "I doubt it. I think that underneath that bravado, you're just a cuddly teddy bear." Claire says. Lauren glares at her. "What? I was complimenting you!" Claire assures her. "For future reference, I hate teddy bears. With that being said, you...don't suck, either." Lauren admits. "Aw, that's the nicest thing you've said to me since we met!" Claire says. Claire goes in to hug Lauren, but Dun Dun appears out of nowhere, and gets in the way. "I thought you were sleeping!" Claire notes. "Dun Dun have to go potty. Where bathroom?" Dun Dun questions. Lauren points towards the woods. "You expect Dun Dun to go potty like animal? Even Dun Dun have standards!" Dun Dun states. Lauren stands up. "I'm gonna try to sleep." Lauren notes. "Okay, good night!" Claire says. Once Lauren is back at her spot, Claire turns towards Dun Dun. "Nice going! Thanks for ruining everything!" Claire snaps. "What did Dun Dun do?" Dun Dun wonders.

In the middle of the night, Lauren wakes up, when she feels a spider crawling on her. She kills the spider with her hand, and then rolls to her side to get more comfortable. When she does, she notices that a sleeping Claire is shivering. After contemplating for a moment, Lauren stands up, and removes her sweater. Lauren then walks over to Claire, and covers her with the sweater, briefly flashing a soft smile. Once Claire is covered, Lauren goes back to bed.

In the morning, Dun Dun and Lauren are awake, when they are joined by Claire. "Nice of you to finally join Dun Dun and companion!" Dun Dun says. "I was catching up on my sleep, since I barely got any last night! By the way, Lauren, how did I end up with your sweater?" Claire wonders. "No idea." Lauren lies, as she takes the sweater back from Claire. "Now that we're all awake, we need to discuss battle tactics. We are going to get off of this island eventually, and when we do, I'm going after the one that put us here." Lauren says. "Fear not, I already have a plan on how to fight the aliens. If I can figure out how to use the powers that I used back in Hawaii, I can probably take them all down, single handedly." Claire claims. "Assuming you even have powers." Lauren notes. "I remember using them!" Claire argues. "It could've been something else. Humans only have super powers in comic books." Lauren claims. "Like I said before, that guy from Fantastic City begs to differ! I know that the powers were me, I just need to figure out how to use them at will." Claire says. "You'll have plenty of time. It might be a little while before anyone finds us." Lauren notes. "Do not worry, Dun Dun have plan to get us off island!" Dun Dun reveals. "What?" Lauren questions. "We tie rope to leg of seagull, and seagull fly Dun Dun and friends away!" Dun Dun says. "We don't have any rope, genius!" Claire points out. "There are about thirty flaws with her plan, and your complaint is that we don't have rope?" Lauren asks. "Maybe magical girl can fly us away with her powers!" Dun Dun mockingly suggests. "I am not a magical girl! And I don't even know if I could do that, even if I do figure out whatever powers I have." Claire says. "You no have powers! You a LIAR!" Dun Dun accuses Claire. "Can you PLEASE go find something to do?! You know, something that's not near me?!" Claire asks. Lauren gives Dun Dun a look. "Fine! But only because Dun Dun want to, not because magical liar tell her to." Dun Dun says, before sulking away into the woods. Now that she's gone, maybe we can actually get some stuff accomplished. What do we need, now?" Claire questions. "We already have fire wood and food...and I think we should look for materials to make a hammock." Lauren says. "What? Why?" Claire asks. "This is as close to a vacation as I've ever gotten from the WPA, I'm going to try and get some enjoyment out of this horrible experience." Lauren says.

Dun Dun is walking through the forest. "Dumb mean girl! She have nerve to insult Dun Dun, but she the one who terrible! That hair color terrible, she wear too much makeup, and those knee high boots go out of style back in 2019!" Dun Dun mutters to herself. Suddenly, Dun Dun hears noises from nearby. "Why you exile Dun Dun from camp, if you just gonna follow her into woods? Well, Dun Dun tell bad ladies one thing, she no coming back unless they BEG HER TO! Dun Dun might be bad friend, thief, liar, and horrible roommate, but at least Dun Dun have SELF RESPECT!" Dun Dun yells. Suddenly, a tribe wearing masks appear from the woods, and point their spears at Dun Dun! "It Halloween already?" Dun Dun asks them.

Lauren returns from the woods, and finds Claire pointing her arms in random directions. "What are you doing?" Lauren asks. "I'm trying to use my powers!" Claire reveals. "What exactly happened when you used your powers last time?" Lauren wonders. "Well, I was trying to get away from these aliens that restrained me, when some burst of energy came out of me, and destroyed both of the aliens!" Claire recalls. "Have you ever had any experiences like that before?" Lauren questions. "No. But, to be fair, I've never almost been abducted by aliens, before, either. My mother being kidnapped and me nearly being kidnapped too could've woken up whatever is inside of me." Claire suggests. "How would you even get super powers? Yes, I know about the guy from Fantastic City, but, from what I heard, he got his powers from a lab experiment gone wrong." Lauren notes. "I've never been a lab rat, so that couldn't have been what happened. Maybe I was just born with them." Claire says. "Humans aren't just born with super powers. If that were the case, do you know how many kids would go nuts with power? There has to be some kind of explanation." Lauren says. "I'm not worried about the explanation. Right now, I just want to get my powers working so I can take down Wishbone and his army of aliens." Claire says. Claire goes back to training, when a moment later, Lauren notices a purple spark coming off of Claire's fingers! "Did you see that?!" An excited Claire asks. "Okay...humans aren't born with that, either. What the hell was that?" Lauren wonders. "Hopefully, its the beginning of the end for Wishbone." Claire says.

In a camp, deep within the forest, Dun Dun is tied up over a fire, as the tribe dances around her, chanting something. "Hey! How come you invite Dun Dun to dance party but you no let her dance? Rude!" Dun Dun comments. One of the tribe members point a spear at Dun Dun's face, which shuts her up for a minute. The tribe then returns to dancing and chanting around her. "Let Dun Dun make grand announcement! She will NOT allow fiends to hold her captive for one more moment! Freedom will be Dun Dun's!" Dun Dun shouts. Suddenly, every member of the tribe drops their spears. "Was it something Dun Dun said?" Dun Dun wonders. "Our great and fearless leader Bava once said something similar, back when this tribe was enslaved! He ended up killing the people who enslaved us, and picked this island as our forever home! He has unfortunately passed on, but we still worship him every single day. Could...could it be that you are the great Bava, reincarnated?" The tribe member wonders. Dun Dun stares at them, blankly.

Back on the beach, Lauren puts her hands on Claire's shoulders. "Close your eyes." Lauren urges. "Okay..." Claire says, as she closes her eyes. "Now focus...focus...focus." Lauren tells her. "No offense, Lauren, but its kinda hard for me to focus when you keep telling me to focus." Claire points out. "Right. Just...you know what to do." Lauren says. "I really don't." Claire responds. As Claire focuses, a purple sphere appears between her hands! Claire opens her eyes, and sees the sphere! "What the hell is that?" Claire wonders. "Explanations are overrated. Use it!" Lauren urges. Claire fires the sphere, and it ends up spiraling out of control, and hitting a nearby palm tree, causing it to snap and fall to the ground! "Were you aiming for that tree?" Lauren questions. "If I told you I was, would you believe me?" Claire asks. "Probably not." Lauren responds. "Well, I totally was. At any rate...I think that's my cue to take a break." Claire says, which Lauren nods in agreement to.

In the forest, the tribe carries Dun Dun to a throne, and places her in it. "Great and legendary Bava, we have awaited your return for so long now!" One member of the tribe says. "And Dun Dun have awaited money for so long, but no one giving her any!" Dun Dun snaps. "Not to worry, Bava, now that you have returned, all of your wishes will be granted!" One of the tribe members announces. "In that case...Dun Dun demand Burger King!" Dun Dun yells. "Who is this Burger King? Is he the leader of a nearby tribe?" One of the tribe members wonder. "Yes! He lead group of people that cook burgers and french fries for Dun Dun. He have own camp, called Burger King restaurant!" Dun Dun reveals. "We don't have a Burger King restaurant!" One of the tribe members states. "Then build one!" Dun Dun demands.

On the beach of the deserted island, Lauren is lying on a hammock, when Claire comes over, and blocks her sun. "I thought you were supposed to be taking a break." Lauren notes. "I am. I just started building a sand castle, and I was wondering if you wanted to help out." Claire says. "I'll pass. Building sand castles is for little kids." Lauren claims. "Don't be such an old person!" Claire tells her. "I'm not old! I'm probably only a few years older than you!" Lauren points out. "Okay, boomer." Claire says. Lauren sits up, and glares at Claire. "I am NOT a boomer!" Lauren argues. "Prove it. Come on, Lauren! It'll be fun! Plus, it MIGHT actually get you to loosen up a bit." Claire says. Lauren groans. "Fine! If it means you'll quit nagging me, I'll do it." Lauren agrees.

At the WPA compound in Washington D.C, Winters enters Greenleaf's office. "You mentioned you had an update on Agent Bates." Greenleaf notes. "I retraced Agent Bates' steps. I took the route away from the Hawaiian island that I assume she would've taken back to the compound. I checked every land form between here and there, and there was no sign of Agent Bates' plane. Sir, if she landed in the ocean, and she hasn't made contact yet, its likely that she's dead." Winters says. "I refuse to believe that. You don't know Agent Bates like I do, Agent Winters. She is far too stubborn to die. Perhaps she took an alternative route, to attempt to evade the aliens." Greenleaf says. "If she did, it seems that plan didn't work out in her favor." Winters notes. "Check alternative routes she may have taken. If Agent Bates is alive, we need to bring her back." Greenleaf says. "What if we don't find her?" Winters wonders. Greenleaf sighs. "There is one possibility that we have yet to acknowledge...Agent Bates could have been captured by the enemy. In fact, at this very moment, they could be forcing her to do horrible and unspeakable things." Greenleaf worries.

Back on the island, Lauren and Claire have finished their sand castle. "It would've been real nice if I had some input on the castle, you know, since it was my idea to make one. What's it supposed to be, anyway?" Claire wonders. "Its a military base. Down here is where the troops do their training, right here is an area where all the tanks are kept, and up here is where the snipers camp, you know, to guard the facility. The base was recently built in preparation for World War III, which we both know is coming." Lauren says. "Wow, you really put a lot of thought into this..." Claire notes. "Its...barely even a concept." Lauren claims. "You're right, its a whole TV pilot." Claire says. A wave crashes in, and washes away the sand castle! "There goes all of our hard work..." Lauren complains. "Ours? You did most of the work, you must be pissed!" Claire says. "Not really." Lauren claims. "Well, I'm sad now, I'm going to go for a swim." Claire announces. "What about working on your black magic or whatever that is supposed to be?" Lauren questions. "You said it yourself! It'll probably be a little while before we are found, so we might as well make the most of our time here." Claire says. Claire grabs Lauren's arm. "You should come, too!" Claire suggests. "I've had my fill of what passes for "fun" for one day. I'll pass." Lauren says. "You didn't want to build the sand castle either, but you ended up enjoying that!" Claire reminds her. "No I didn't! You misread the situation." Lauren claims. "No I didn't." Claire says. "You know, Dun Dun has been gone for quite a while..." Lauren deflects. "Stop trying to change the subject!" Claire says. Claire then drags Lauren into the water with her. Almost immediately after stepping into the water, Claire cries out in pain! "What is it?" Lauren wonders. "I don't know! All of a sudden, my leg hurts really, really bad!" Claire says. Lauren notices a jelly fish swimming away. "Looks like you were stung by a jelly fish." Lauren realizes. "Oh...well, its not a problem. I'm starting to feel loads better." Claire claims. Claire tries to move, but ends up falling! Fortunately, Lauren is there to catch her. "Nice catch. I fell on purpose, by the way." Claire lies. "Let me get you back to the beach." Lauren says. Lauren helps Claire walk back to the beach, and then sets her down on the sand. Lauren then kneels down, and takes a look at the sting. "I'll be right back." Lauren tells Claire. A moment later, Lauren returns, with water from the sea cupped in her hands. Lauren kneels down, dumps the water onto Claire's wound, and then begins rubbing it in. "What's this supposed to do?" Claire asks. "If the tentacles from the jelly fish are at the surface of the skin, which in your case, they are, they can be washed away with salt water." Lauren says. "How do you know this stuff?" Claire wonders. "I've been stung by a jelly fish once or twice. Don't worry, you'll be fine." Lauren assures her. "Thanks for helping me." Claire says. "I need you in top shape, if you're gonna survive this." Lauren says. "You could just say "you're welcome" for once, or even "no problem!"." Claire notes. "Stay off your leg for a while, so it has the chance to heal." Lauren says, before walking away.

At Wishbone's compound, Wishbone is sitting on a throne, when one of the aliens bring him a sandwich. "Here you go, your majesty!" The alien says. Wishbone takes the sandwich, takes a bit of it, and then tosses it to the floor! "I said no mayonnaise!" Wishbone yells. Wishbone takes out his laser gun, shoots the alien, and turns it to dust! A moment later, another alien comes. "You better no be here to hand me another mediocre sandwich!" Wishbone warns. "Of course not, sir! I have great news! The project is nearing completion!" The alien reveals. Wishbone smiles. "Excellent. Soon, this world will no longer use me for punching bag. Instead, I shall use it!" Wishbone says. "Use it for what, sir?" The alien asks. Wishbone shoots it with the laser gun, and it turns to dust.

Lauren returns to the beach. "I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find Dun Dun." Lauren says. Lauren then notices Claire practicing her powers again. "What are you doing?" Lauren asks. "Trying to perfect my powers." Claire notes. "I told you to rest." Lauren reminds her. "I know, but there's too much at stake for me to rest! Don't worry, I've actually made a lot of progress since you went off to find Dun Dun! Watch this." Claire urges. Claire's eyes turn purple, and she manages to pick up a nearby banana with her mind. "Impressive. But, we aren't going to win by throwing bananas at the bad guys." Lauren notes. "I know that! Besides, I still need to work on my aim. But, with that being said, I really do think I'm close to making a breakthrough!" Claire says. Suddenly, the ground begins to shake. "Um...what was that?" Claire wonders. Lauren looks up, and sees dark smoke coming out of the volcano! "The volcano is about to erupt." Lauren realizes! "Uh, okay...so, running is obviously out of the question, since we are stranded. Do you have a plan B?" Claire asks. "We need to try and build a raft." Lauren suggests. "We don't have enough time for that!" Claire notes. "We don't have any other options! You get started, I'm going to try and find Dun Dun, again." Lauren says. "I don't know how to build a raft! If we have to help Dun Dun, I'll go look for her, and you can build the raft." Claire suggests. "That's not a good idea." Lauren says. "Why not?" Claire wonders. "Because I don't want you putting yourself in danger and running towards an active volcano!" Lauren blurts out. "Oh..." A surprised Claire says. "I don't want to be responsible for you or Dun Dun dying." Lauren covers. "I'll be fine." Claire assures her. At that moment, a helicopter appears in the sky, which Lauren notices. "We've got company." Lauren says. "A rescue team?" Claire wonders. "Or a hit squad." Lauren suggests. The helicopter lowers to the ground, and once it lands, the door opens, revealing Agent Winters. "Agent Bates, you look good for a dead woman." Winters notes. "There's an active volcano on this island." Lauren reveals. "I've noticed, get on!" Winters tells her. "I can't, there is someone else still on the island." Lauren says. "By the looks of that volcano, there isn't time to rescue anyone else!" Winters argues. "I can't just leave Dun Dun to die!" Lauren points out. Suddenly, Claire clocks Lauren over the head with a rock, and knocks her out! Winters gives Claire a look. "What? She knocked me out to save my life, before! Help me get her on the helicopter." Claire demands. Winters and Claire carry Lauren onto the helicopter, and a moment later, the helicopter ascends into the air, as lava begins to pour out of the volcano...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down