QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S3 Episode 03

Go down

Fantastic S3 Episode 03 Empty Fantastic S3 Episode 03

Post by QG Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:53 pm

Its a new day in Fantastic City. In the park, Bethany is bouncing a tennis ball up against the wall with a racket, when Kaylie comes up behind her. “Some things never change. You still have game.” Kaylie says. Bethany turns towards Kaylie. “Game? Do people still say that?” Bethany asks. Kaylie laughs. “I think so. Mind if I join you? There’s a tennis court right over there.” Kaylie says. “I’d love that.” Bethany says. Bethany and Kaylie approach the tennis court, and Kaylie hits the ball first. “So, I assume you’ve heard by now that Joe is on the loose again.” Kaylie says. Bethany hits the ball back. “Yeah, I heard something about that. What happened? How the hell did Joe get his hands on a gun?” Bethany asks. Kaylie hits the ball back. “Commissioner Goo pulled a gun on Joe in the interrogation room, and Joe managed to get the gun away from him before he could pull the trigger.” Kaylie says. Distracted, Bethany misses the ball. “Wait...Andy pulled a gun on Joe? Seriously? Huh, I didn’t think he had it in him. Good for him!” Bethany says. “Good for him? Bethany, Andy is a police officer, he has no right to pull a gun on a civilian.” Kaylie says. “Even if that civilian is a psychotic terrorist?” Bethany asks. “Even if that civilian is a psychotic terrorist. Andy’s job is to gather evidence, that’s the extent of it. He had no right to take things as far as he did, and because of his actions, an innocent officer was killed.” Kaylie says. “Come on, Andy never meant for that cop to die. Besides, I think its totally understandable why Andy would be pushed over the edge. His would be wife is in a coma, his cousin is dead, his son is dead, this maniac has taken SO much from him, from this city! Andy was desperate to stop him for good.” Bethany says. Kaylie sighs. “I’m not saying I don’t sympathize, believe me, I do. I just think he took things way too far, and look how it turned out! A mad man is on the loose because Andy took the law into his own hands!” Kaylie says. “I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. In my opinion, the only mistake Andy made was not shooting that bastard when he had the chance. Anywaaaaays, we should probably table this before things get really heated.” Bethany says. “Good idea. Want to play another game?” Kaylie asks. “Sure. This time, don’t distract me!” Bethany tells her. Bethany hits the ball to Kaylie. “So, how are you doing after the explosion? I imagine it must’ve been pretty traumatic.” Kaylie says. Kaylie hits the ball back to Bethany. “It wasn’t the explosion that got to me, more like the fact that my best friend is in a coma.” Bethany says. Bethany hits the ball back to Kaylie. “You have no idea how worried I am about Rebecca. And is sucks staying at the Goo Castle, or what’s left of the Goo Castle, when she isn’t there. Other than her, the only person I was close to was Ava. That’s her daughter.” Bethany says. Kaylie hits the ball back to Bethany. “If you’re uncomfortable staying at the castle, I have a temporary solution. You could move in with me.” Kaylie suggests. Bethany once again misses the ball. “You want me to move in with you? Do you even have enough room?” Bethany asks. “I’m renting a two bedroom apartment, of course I have enough room.” Kaylie says. “And you aren’t worried that things might be a little awkward, given our history?” Bethany asks. Kaylie scoffs. “We’ll be fine! Don’t forget, we were friends long before we dated. We’ll just go back to that.” Kaylie says. “Okay, in that case, you have yourself a roommate. But ONLY until things get back to normal.” Bethany says. “Yes ma’am.” Kaylie says. Bethany smiles at her.

At the police station, Andy is in the interrogation room, handcuffed to the table. An officer walks in. “Commissioner, your lawyer just got here.” The officer says. The officer steps aside, and an unfamiliar woman walks in. “You aren’t Betty Thorne.” Andy notes. “Betty had to go out of town last minute, so she contacted me to represent you. Julia Gray.” Julia introduces herself. “Andy Goo.” An unsure Andy responds. “I get the sense you’re hesitant. I get it. After all, you called Betty, and then I show up in her place, its unusual to say the least. But, if you’d like to wait for Betty to come back to Fantastic, that’s your right. I’m not hurting for money or for clients, I think I could manage losing just one. But, keep this in mind. Betty is smart enough that she never would’ve sent me if I wasn’t damn good at my job. In fact, I might be better at my job than Betty is.” Julia suggests. “Betty is a hard act to follow. As the police commissioner, sometimes I despise how good Betty is, she has screwed up quite a few cases for me. So, if Betty says you’re good, I trust her judgment. Besides, I can’t afford to wait until Betty gets back. I need to get out of here as soon as possible so I can go and stop Joe Fish.” Andy says. Julia sighs. “This is going to be more difficult than I thought…” Julia mumbles. “What was that?” Andy asks. “Need I remind you, Commissioner Goo, that the reason you’re sitting in lock up and not at your fiancee’s bedside is because you decided to go rogue, and as a result, a dangerous terrorist escaped your custody? You aren’t going to get out of jail by threatening to make the same mistakes all over again!” Julia tells him. “I know I was wrong for what I did, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still do everything in my power to try and bring Joe to justice within the confines of the law.” Andy says. “How are you going to do that with your career in limbo? You abused your power as the police commissioner when you held a suspect at gunpoint with your service weapon, there is going to be an investigation from Internal Affairs and you will likely be suspended until the investigation wraps up, which given the complex nature of the case, could be a while! So as long as you aren’t a member of the police force, you have no legal leg to stand on to go after Joe.” Julia says. “Alright, fine. If I can’t do things by the book, I’ll just have to work outside the law to catch that bastard.” Andy says. “Have you listened to a damn word I’ve said?! I can’t get you out of police custody if you don’t feel remorse for what you did!” Julia snaps. “I do feel remorse! It kills me that one of my officers is dead because of something I did!” Andy says. “Then prove it! If you actually feel bad about what happened to that cop, don’t put more lives at risk by once again taking the law into your own hands!” Julia says. “I still need to protect my fiancee. She’s in a coma.” Andy points out. “You can protect her without looking for a fight. In fact, given your fiancee’s condition, sticking by her side should be your number one priority, instead of making an even bigger mess.” Julia says. Andy sighs. “You’re right. No matter how much I hate Joe, no matter how much I want him brought to justice, my priority needs to be Rebecca. She needs me now more than ever.” Andy says. “Moving on to other topics, have you thought about what you are going to tell the judge?” Julia asks. “I’m gonna tell the truth. I made a mistake, and I’m ready to face the consequences.” Andy says. Julia nods. “In this case, telling the truth is probably the best course of action. As much as I hate what you did, abusing your power...I do understand why you were driven to do it, and I’m sure a judge will be sympathetic.” Julia says. “I hope so. Rebecca and my daughter need me.” Andy says. Victor walks in. “I’m in the middle of a meeting with my client, this is gonna have to wait.” Julia says. “Your client?” Victor asks. “Victor, this is Julia Gray, my lawyer.” Andy says. “Ah, I see. How come you didn’t call Betty?” Victor asks. “Betty wasn’t available, so Andy got an upgrade instead.” Julia says. “How’s Rebecca doing?” Andy asks. “There’s no change in her condition, unfortunately.” Victor says. “What about Ava?” Andy asks. “Brady and Kristina are looking after her at what’s left of the castle.” Victor says. “Brady is awake?” Andy asks. “He’s awake, he’s alert. Its a miracle.” Victor says. “Well hopefully I’ll be able to get out soon so I can be with my daughter again.” Andy says. “Unfortunately, I won’t have any control over your fate. Given that you’re my nephew, me prosecuting your case is seen as a conflict of interest, so my ADA will be handling the case.” Victor says. “I figured that would happen. Are there any updates on Joe?” Andy asks. “I’m afraid not, and given how long its been since Joe was seen in the hospital, he must have somehow found a way to escape, even after it was put under lock down.” Victor says. “Can’t you check the security cameras?” Andy asks. “We did. The cameras were mysteriously shut off during the time the hospital was under lock down. Joe must have found a way to turn them off.” Victor assumes.

At the Stanpatos Mansion, Daisy creeps down the stairs in the foyer, and makes her way into the living room. Once she’s alone, she pulls out her phone, and makes a call. “Yes?” Lucas answers. “Its me. I’m calling to find out what happened last night after I left. Did everything go as planned?” Daisy asks. “There weren’t any complications. I got Joe to the warehouse, as planned.” Lucas confirms. “Did anyone see you?” Daisy asks. “Of course not. And, as a precaution, I made sure the hospital security cameras were turned off when we kidnapped him.” Lucas reveals. “Don’t you think the police might be suspicious?” Daisy asks. “Not as suspicious if they saw footage of you knocking Joe out, and then me borrowing his doctor disguise, and transporting him out of the building on a gurney underneath a sheet. Relax, the police won’t suspect a thing, they’ll just assume Joe found a way to tamper with the cameras.” Lucas says. “Okay, I guess I’ll take your word on that. Sit tight, I’m leaving the house now and heading to the warehouse, and I’m bringing a few toys with me.” Daisy says. “What toys?” Lucas questions. “Toys that will make Joe wish we had killed him last night. I’ll see you soon.” Daisy says, before hanging up. Daisy goes to walk out, but bumps into Dylan. “Who were you talking to?” Dylan questions. “I called the police station, I was hoping they might have some new information on Joe after his escape last night.” Daisy lies. “Nothing yet?” Dylan asks. “No, I’m afraid not.” Daisy admits. “I can’t believe they haven’t caught him. I figured putting the hospital under lock down would’ve left him with nowhere to run, which makes you wonder how he got out. Did he have help from someone?” Dylan wonders. Daisy shrugs. “He was dressed as a doctor when he tried to kill Rebecca. Disguises seem to be his thing, so maybe he dressed up as someone else and then left the hospital undetected.” Daisy suggests. “Would the Fantastic P.D really fall for another one of his disguises though?” Dylan asks. “This is the Fantastic P.D we’re talking about. Joe could walk right out the front door without a disguise and they still wouldn’t know it was him. Anyways, I have to go. I have errands to run.” Daisy says. “Hold on a second. Before you go, do you mind telling me where you were last night?” Dylan asks. “Where I was? That’s a silly question, I was in bed with you.” Daisy claims. “All night? Because I remember waking up, and you weren’t there. It was well after midnight.” Dylan recalls. “I was having trouble sleeping. The last 24 hours have been pretty traumatic.” Daisy says. “I know that, I just wish you wouldn’t scare me like that.” Dylan says. “If you were so worried, how come you didn’t come looking for me?” Daisy asks. “What makes you think I didn’t?” Dylan asks. “Did you?” Daisy asks. Dylan sighs. “No. I didn’t want you to think I was hovering.” Dylan says. “I appreciate that. And just so you aren’t kept up at night with all those unanswered questions, I went to the kitchen for a glass of milk, and I stayed out there for a while, lost in my thoughts.” Daisy lies. “I’m just happy to know you’re okay.” Dylan says. “I’m not okay, Dylan. I’m keeping my head above water, but only barely. Now if you’ll excuse me, I really have to get going.” Daisy says. Daisy grabs black bag, and heads towards the door. “What’s in the bag?” Dylan questions. “You know, for someone who doesn’t remember being a cop, you sure have a lot of questions.” Daisy says. “I’m concerned, that’s all. Your son just died.” Dylan points out. “What’s with this sudden concern of yours? Since when did you start worrying about anyone but yourself? And for the record, you don’t have to keep reminding me that my son is dead. I know, I was there, and I’m not going to forget. It haunts me the second I wake up in the morning, and I can’t imagine that changing anytime soon!” Daisy yells. “Please, let me help you.” Dylan says. “There isn’t a damn thing you can do! You can’t take away the pain! The only thing that will take my pain away is for the monster responsible to pay!” Daisy snaps, before storming out. Dylan sighs. “Way to make things worse…” Dylan mutters to himself.

At Kaylie’s apartment, Bethany and Kaylie carry Bethany’s bags luggage inside. “So, you are seriously telling me that all of these bags have clothes in them?” An out of breath Kaylie asks. “I like to have variety in my style.” Bethany says. “There’s a such thing as being extra.” Kaylie argues. Bethany smiles. “What’s wrong with being extra?” Bethany asks. “In your case? Nothing.” Kaylie says. “I’m gonna go unpack.” Bethany says. “Do you need any help?” Kaylie questions. “You can get the rest of the bags from the car.” Bethany says. “You’ve always had a habit of passing the physical labor over to someone else.” Kaylie observes. “You’re a cop, I’m sure you can handle the labor. Which room is mine?” Bethany asks. Kaylie points. “Its the door on the left.” Kaylie says. Bethany smiles. “Thanks a bunch.” Bethany says, before carrying some of her bags into the other room. Kaylie goes to walk back outside, but her phone begins to ring. Kaylie looks at the caller ID, and is clearly distressed. She hesitates for a moment, before finally answering the phone. “Hello?...Oh, its you...no, its just-I haven’t heard from you in a couple of weeks, so you kinda caught me off guard...Me? Everything is fine with me. I’ve settled back into Fantastic, work is going good...everything is great...of course I was going to ask about you! How are things going?...Mmhm, that’s great. I’m happy to hear work is going good. It must be keeping you pretty busy too, huh?...I figured...No, no! Everything is good here! Like I said, I’m fine, so don’t come all this way on my account. Finish up whatever business you have in New York, and make sure to take your time too...I’m not trying to keep you away, I just don’t want you to come rushing home and possibly screw up your business deal because you think…” Kaylie sighs. “What do you expect me to do? Beg you to come and grace me with your presence​?! Look, I’m trying my best with you, but you make it impossible!...NO! I’m sorry, you’re right, I shouldn’t have lost my cool…” Kaylie says. Bethany arrives around the corner, and listens. “I said I was sorry! What more do you want?! Do you want me to get on my hands and knees and grovel to you?!” Kaylie asks. Kaylie hears a noise, turns, and sees Bethany standing there. “I have to go, I’ll call you later. Again, I’m sorry for losing my temper, I’ll try to control myself better next time.” Kaylie says, before hanging up. “What was that about?” Bethany asks. “I was talking to my mother.” Kaylie claims. “Oh! How’s Virginia doing?” Bethany questions. “Mama is doing fine. As headstrong and short tempered as ever, which I’m sure you probably heard.” Kaylie says. “I heard your side of things, I didn’t hear what your Mom was saying. Its funny, your Mom and your sister were always the ones butting heads, you and your Mom got along surprisingly well.” Bethany says. “Don’t worry about the call, it wasn’t important.” Kaylie says. “I don’t know. Knowing your Mom, she’s probably on the first plane here to whoop your ass for talking to her that way.” Bethany notes. “Things will be fine between me and Mama. She’s too busy running her hotel chain to fly all the way to Fantastic over one small disagreement. Lets just focus on moving you in.” Kaylie says. Bethany smiles. “Okay, I’ll drop it.” Bethany says.

At the police station, Andy and Julia enter the squad room, and join Victor. “What happened at court?” Victor questions. “I got bail. I just need to wait for the paperwork to be filed, and then I’m a free man.” Andy says. Victor smiles. “I’m happy to hear that. Unfortunately, I have a bit of bad news to counter your good news. Due to the events resulting in your arrest, you’ve been suspended from the police force, pending an investigation from Internal Affairs.” Victor reveals. “I figured that was coming. Julia already prepared me for that possibility.” Andy says. “Are you also prepared for the possibility that you may never work as a cop again? Despite the fact that Joe is a remorseless mass murderer, what you did is considered a serious offense. I think you should start preparing for the worst.” Victor says. “Right now I just want to focus on Rebecca and making sure she gets better. Before I go see her though, I need to check in on my daughter.” Andy says. “I haven’t told Ava anything about what’s going on, and I’ve told everyone else not to tell her either. As far as she knows, you and Rebecca just went away for a little while.” Victor says. “Yeah, went away without saying goodbye.” Andy notes. “You didn’t have a choice.” Victor points out. “Ava doesn’t know that, and she won’t unless she knows the whole story.” Andy says. “Do you plan on telling Ava the truth?” Victor asks. “I can’t. Ava is too young to understand anything that’s going on.” Andy says. “You’d be surprised, kids can be very observant. So, you really don’t plan on telling her anything?” Victor asks. “I’ve got to tell her something. I just need to tell her something that isn’t a lie, but also doesn’t get into the gory details.” Andy says. “I’m confident you’ll come up with something. You’re an exceptional father.” Victor says. “I don’t feel like it. I spent months away from her when I was chasing after The Evil Force, and now I might spend even more time away from her because I tried to kill Joe. Because Rebecca is in a coma and I screwed up, Ava might end up with no parents left.” Andy says. “Don’t talk like that. Your daughter isn’t going to lose you.” Julia assures him. “I wish I could stay, but I have a meeting with the interim police commissioner to discuss how we are going to take down Joe.” Victor reveals. “Good luck. I’m gonna go see my daughter.” Andy says. “She’s at the Goo Castle. We’ve managed to keep her away from the portion that was destroyed, don’t worry.” Victor says. Andy sighs. “I have a lot of explaining to do.” Andy says.

Daisy enters a dark warehouse, and finds Lucas standing over an unconscious Joe, who is tied to a chair. “Congrats, you won the staring contest.” Daisy jokes. “I was just thinking of all the different ways I could kill this psychotic son of a bitch. After what he did to Lydia, he deserves to suffer the most gruesome death imaginable.” Lucas says. “Lets not get carried away. We still have a little ways to go before we will be ready to kill him.” Daisy says. Lucas raises an eyebrow. “What do you mean by that?” Lucas asks. Before Daisy can answer, Joe begins to stir awake. “Gooood morning, Joseph. Did you enjoy your nap?” Daisy asks. “Where...am I?” Joe asks. “You’re in a warehouse. Don’t bother screaming, because no one is going to hear you. Besides, I don’t think you’d want anyone to rescue you. You’d just be trading one prison for another.” Lucas says. “The only ones going to prison are the two of you. This is kidnapping.” Joe points out. “People only go to prison if they get caught. Lucas is a former mob boss, I’m the daughter of one of the most feared criminals this world has ever seen, do you really think the police will be able to trace any of this back to us? And that’s assuming the police even find out you were kidnapped in the first place.” Daisy says. Joe laughs. “You’re awfully cocky. How interesting that you would use your father’s name for clout when we both know you couldn’t stand him, and vice versa. Lets be reasonable, The Evil Force didn’t teach you a thing about covering up crimes.” Joe says. “He taught me how to be ruthless. All of those years of being rejected by my father taught me how not to care, which is why I’m not going to feel a single shred of remorse over what I’m about to do to you, especially not after you murdered my son!” Daisy says. “By son, do you mean Andy Goo’s bastard? That boy had Andy’s blood in his veins, I did him a favor by snuffing the life out of him.” Joe says. “That “boy” wasn’t just Andy’s, he was MINE, and he did not deserve to die because of this ridiculous feud you and Andy have going!” Daisy yells. “Ridiculous? Andy tried to kill me, love!” Joe yells. “Please! He did the world a favor! The only mistake he made that day was not sticking around to make sure you were actually dead!” Daisy yells. “You’re being very foolish, angering me.” Joe warns Daisy. “There isn’t much you can do. You’re all tied up, and your fate is in our hands.” Lucas says. “But for how long? I survived falling off a cliff, I survived having my skin burned off in a vat of acid, I think I can manage escaping two wannabe vigilantes who couldn’t intimidate a toddler, never mind a trained assassin!” Joe says. Lucas walks behind Joe, and puts him in a choke hold. “We could just kill you now, and you wouldn’t be able to do anything. All it would take is one little snap, and you’d never be able to hurt a soul ever again.” Lucas says. “Then I urge you to do it. Go ahead and prove the world wrong. Prove you aren’t a complete disgrace to the Cambino family name.” Joe urges. “Uh, Lucas, can I talk to you real quick?” Daisy asks. “Can’t it wait until after I finish this bastard off?” Lucas asks. “No, it can’t!” Daisy says. Lucas releases Joe from his choke hold, and then walks to the other side of the warehouse with Daisy. “What’s wrong?” Lucas asks. “What’s wrong? This isn’t what we discussed, that’s what’s wrong!” Daisy tells him. “We discussed avenging our loved ones, and that is exactly what I was about to do.” Lucas says. “Snapping his neck would be quick and painless. How would that be avenging anyone if Joe doesn’t feel even a 3rd of the pain he has caused everyone else? No, its too easy for him to just die. He has to suffer first!” Daisy says. Lucas sighs, before he and Daisy return to Joe. “What’s wrong? Did the two of you have a bit of a lover’s quarrel?” Joe questions. “Lucas and I had a disagreement, but its been settled. We’re in agreement about what we are going to do to you.” Daisy says. “Can you do it soon? My favorite television program is on soon, and I just can’t miss a day! Besides, the two of you are starting to bore me. I might just fall back to sleep!” Joe says. Daisy smiles. “We’re boring, huh? Don’t worry, that’s about to change.” Daisy says. Daisy reaches into her bag, and pulls out a taser! “What are you going to do with that?” Joe asks. “I’m going to wave it around like a toy. What do you think, genius? You see, I think just killing you would be way too easy. I don’t want you dead, not yet anyways. Before you die, I want you to endure the worst kind of torture imaginable. I want you to feel at least a sliver of the pain you’ve inflicted on all of your victims, because the way I see it, prison isn’t going to do that to you, and neither is death. That’s where I come in! I’m not going to stop until you are begging me to end your putrid little life, and believe me, by the time I’m finished, you are going to want to die, I’ll make sure of that.” Daisy says, before zapping Joe!

Andy walks into the Goo Parlor, and sees Ava sitting on the sofa with her nanny. Ava notices Andy, and her face lights up. “Dad!” Ava shouts. Ava runs into Andy’s arms. “Hey pumpkin! Its good to see you.” Andy says. “I’ve missed you! Where have you been? I was starting to think I was never going to see you again.” Ava says. Andy looks over at the nanny. “Can you give Ava and I some privacy, please?” Andy asks. The nanny smiles. “Of course. Its good to have you back, Mr. Goo.” The nanny says. “Thanks, and thank you for looking after Ava.” Andy says. The nanny nods, before walking out. “Lets sit down.” Andy tells Ava. Andy and Ava sit on the couch. “First I want to tell you how sorry I am that I made you worry. I didn’t mean to be away for so long.” Andy says. “Its okay. Where’s Mom?” Ava asks. “That’s actually what I wanted to talk to you about. You see, something happened at the wedding, and Mom got hurt. So, she’s gonna take an extra long nap while her body heals.” Andy says. “So...you mean she’s in a coma?” Ava asks. Andy raises an eyebrow. “How do you know what a coma is?” Andy questions. “I’ve seen it on TV.” Ava says. “I guess we’re gonna have to do something about what you watch on TV then.” Andy says. “Some people that go into comas don’t wake up. How do you know Mom is going to wake up?” Ava questions. “Because your Mom is the strongest woman in the world, and she’s gonna do everything she can to come back to us, especially to you. You mean way too much to your Mom for her to stay asleep forever.” Andy says. “Who hurt her?” Ava asks. “What makes you think anyone hurt your Mom?” Andy wonders. “I heard Uncle Victor on the phone talking about catching someone, and this person sounds like a very bad person. I figured that might be the same person who hurt Mom.” Ava says. “Good detective work. Don’t worry, the cops are doing everything they can to catch the person who hurt your Mom.” Andy says. “Does that mean you’re looking for him too?” Ava questions. “Actually...I’m taking a break from being a cop. I need to spend more time with your Mom.” Andy says. “You don’t need to be a cop to stop bad guys. Batman isn’t a cop.” Ava notes. “You’re right, he isn’t. But, your old man isn’t Batman.” Andy points out. Ava smiles. “No, you’re better than Batman.” Ava tells him, as she hugs him. “I love you, Dad.” Ava says. “I love you too, sweetheart. And I promise, I’m going to do everything I can to be your hero and your Mom’s hero for the rest of my life.” Andy says. “Mom doesn’t need a hero, she IS a hero.” Ava points out. Andy smiles. “I agree with you, but I still like to do what I can to keep her safe. Its what family does for each other.” Andy says.

After Joe stops twitching from the zap, he begins to laugh. “Oh c’mon, is that the best you’ve got?” Joe asks Daisy. Daisy smiles. “I was hoping you would ask me that.” Daisy says. Joe turns towards Lucas. “Are you going to let Daisy have all the fun? Or maybe you’re here for when the time finally comes to kill me, since between you and me, Daisy is too spineless to take a life herself.” Joe says. “Maybe Lucas is here to enjoy the show of his fiancee’s murderer being tortured.” Daisy suggests. “Oh, is that what we’re calling that? My dear, if you think that’s torture, you should see some of the things I’ve done to other people!” Joe says. “Don’t get too comfortable, there’s more on the way.” Daisy warns. Daisy turns towards Lucas. “Did you install the stove like I asked?” Daisy questions. “I did, but I don’t understand what you need it for. Do you plan on making Joe a home cooked meal?” Lucas asks. “There will definitely be some cooking, I’ll tell you that much.” Daisy says. Daisy pulls out a gallon of water and a sauce pan from her bag. “Are you boiling some pasta? How utterly thoughtful! I would KILL for some chicken alfredo!” Joe says. Daisy smiles. “Sit tight. I won’t keep you waiting for too long.” Daisy says, before disappearing into the other room…

Bethany and Kaylie reenter the living room of Kaylie’s apartment. “That was all of your luggage, right?” Kaylie asks. “Every last piece of clothing. So, you wanna do anything now that we’re done? Go out to eat? Watch some TV?” Bethany questions. “As nice as that sounds, my shift starts in an hour. I should probably get going.” Kaylie says. “Okay, I understand. There’s a deranged lunatic on the loose, and you need to be on the look out. Just promise me you’ll be careful, I know from experience how dangerous Joe can be.” Bethany says. Kaylie reveals she has a gun holstered to her waist. “Don’t worry, I’m prepared. See you soon.” Kaylie says, before walking out.

Victor enters the squad room of the police station, and finds Julia still there, staring at her phone. “You’re still here. I figured you would’ve been long gone by now.” Victor says. “I was returning some messages before heading back to the office.” Julia responds. “So, what do you think Andy’s chances of beating these charges are?” Victor asks. “I’m not at liberty to discuss my client’s cases with other people. But you’re a lawyer, I’m sure you can come up with your own theories regarding the outcome of Andy’s case.” Julia says. “I have my share of theories, but they each depend on the sort of lawyer representing my nephew.” Victor says. “I assure you I am very good at my job, my 85% success rate speaks for itself.” Julia says. “I’m glad to hear Andy is in capable hands.” Victor says. “You know, I think I’d be pretty capable at your job, too.” Julia suggests. “What do you mean by that?” Victor asks. “You’re up for reelection, Mr. District Attorney. Or have you forgotten?” Julia asks. “Do you plan on running against me?” Victor questions. “The people may be ready for a change. You’ve been in office for years, and after someone has been in control for too long, they start to get burnt out.” Julia notes. “I assure you, that isn’t the case with me.” Victor claims. “I’m not too sure...but in all honesty, I think your performance as DA has been questionable since the beginning. Needless to say, the amount of dangerous criminals that have gone free in this city is astonishingly high, but that’s probably something I should save for the debate stage.” Julia says. Victor laughs. “You’re exaggerating.” Victor claims. “The people would disagree.” Julia says. “You don’t know anything about what the people would think! Didn’t you just arrive in Fantastic not that long ago?” Victor asks. “I’m a fast learner. I’ve done my research on your track record, as well as the public’s plummeting opinion of you. Look at all of the crimes Andre Stanpatos got away with.” Julia says. “You can’t blame me for Andre’s talent of evading the law! He had the resources to get out of any criminal charge.” Victor says. “Okay, fine. Lets discuss your cousin, Mia Goo. After her crime spree, she should have spent the rest of her life in prison, but instead you agreed to help her get sent to an insane asylum in exchange for information on Joe Fish.” Julia says. “Joe was a much bigger criminal than Mia.” Victor notes. “But Mia’s information proved to be virtually useless! The police didn’t find Joe, he resurfaced on his own not long after Mia exposed him, and because of the deal you made with her, Mia ended up only spending four years in an asylum as opposed to the lifetime she would’ve spent behind bars if she had been dealt with properly. Mia ended up getting released, and she got the chance to go after her victims all over again! The worst part? That situation was entirely avoidable if you hadn’t gone soft on her.” Julia says. “You are the first person who has ever called me soft.” Victor points out. “Your no nonsense exterior is pretty good at hiding just how ineffective you are at your job. You know who you seemingly aren’t ineffective at prosecuting? People of color. You seem to always make sure you pursue the maximum sentence for someone who isn’t white.” Julia says. “This conversation is over.” Victor growls. “That’s fine. We can continue this talk on the debate stage, where I’ll have plenty more to say.” Julia says. “Say what you want. The people of Fantastic know me, they trust me, and they aren’t about to oust me in favor of a virtual stranger!” Victor snaps. Julia shrugs. “When the people see that I’ll be tougher on crime AND deal out equal and fair punishment regardless of ethnicity, they may not be so quick to write me off.” Julia says. Victor glares at Julia, before storming out. Julia smirks, and then goes to leave. As Julia reaches the door, she bumps right into Kaylie. When Julia and Kaylie lock eyes, they both look shocked. “Oh my God, Julia!” Kaylie gasps. “What the hell are you doing here?!” Julia asks. “That’s a nice way to greet your little sister.” Kaylie sarcastically responds!

At the hospital, Andy rushes into Rebecca’s room, and finds Acerbi standing over her. “How is she?” Andy asks. “Her condition hasn’t changed.” Acerbi admits. “That means her condition hasn’t declined, which is good.” Andy says. “But her condition hasn’t improved either, which isn’t good. What took you so long to get here? I heard you were released this morning.” Acerbi says. “I had to go see my daughter first. I figured she’d have some questions.” Andy says. “I imagine you didn’t delve into the gory details.” Acerbi assumes. “No, but Ava understood more than I thought she would. It never ceases to amaze me how smart that girl is, especially after spending two years of her life in a coma.” Andy says. Andy looks at Rebecca. “Ava eventually woke up, and she was just a kid. Rebecca is gonna wake up too.” Andy says. “That isn’t how it works. But, Rebecca does have plenty of reason to fight her way back.” Acerbi says. “Thank you for believing that, and thank you for saving Rebecca when Joe came to kill her.” Andy says. “I wasn’t about to let that mad man murder one of my patients. My only regret is that I didn’t kill him when I had the chance.” Acerbi says. “I’m so sorry about Josephine, she was an amazing woman.” Andy says. “She was. It is ludicrous that Josephine is dead while Joe continues to breath. The worst part is that despite the police’s best efforts, he is still free to roam wherever he pleases, including my hospital.” Acerbi says. “I figured security would’ve been increased after the last time.” Andy notes. “It was, but it may still not be enough to keep him out! Joe might be insane, but he is also cunning. I wouldn’t put it past him to find a way back in, and try to finish what he started.” Acerbi says. “I’m not letting that bastard anywhere near Rebecca again. I don’t care if I have to sit by her bedside 24/7 until Joe is caught, I’m not gonna let him hurt her.” Andy says. “Your presence doesn’t guarantee Rebecca’s safety. Joe has made it abundantly clear he has no qualms about going through you to get to the people you care about.” Acerbi says. Andy sighs. “You’re right. There has to be another way we can keep Rebecca out of harm’s way.” Andy says. “I might have a solution, one that will make sure Joe never steps foot near Rebecca ever again.” Acerbi cryptically says…

Daisy rejoins Lucas and Joe in the warehouse, holding the saucepan. Joe’s face lights up. “Is that for me?” Joe asks. “It is. Dinner is served, bitch.” Daisy says, before throwing scalding hot water into Joe’s face! Lucas cringes, as Joe screams in pain. “WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” Joe angrily asks. “You murdered my son, that’s what’s wrong with me!” Daisy snaps. “Well get over it! The child is playing patty cake in hell, its time to move on like an adult!” Joe yells. Suddenly, Daisy whips a dagger out of her bag, and presses it into Joe’s neck! “Keep pushing me and find out what happens.” Daisy coldly tells him, as blood runs down his neck! “We’re wasting time, Daisy! We need to get on with this!” Lucas tells her. Daisy removes the dagger from Joe’s neck before she cuts too deep. “You’re absolutely right.” Daisy says. “Are you done wasting my time yet? How about this. If the two of you let me go now, I’ll try to make sure your deaths are quick and painless!” Joe suggests. Daisy laughs. “Thank you for your generosity, Joe. But unfortunately, I’m going to have to pass. See, what I’m about to do to you won’t be so quick, and it definitely won’t be painless.” Daisy warns. Daisy lowers the dagger from Joe’s neck to his heart. “If you’re going to kill me, might I suggest you get it over with?” Joe asks. Daisy smirks. “I never said I was going to kill you. I have a fate in store for you that is far worse than death.” Daisy says. Daisy then lowers the knife down even further to Joe’s crotch! “Right about there...that seems like the perfect place to cut.” Daisy coldly states. Joe’s face turns white. “Daisy, what the hell are you doing?” Lucas questions. “Nothing crazy, just removing a non essential body part.” Daisy says. “Please...please don’t do this!” Joe begs. “You should’ve thought about that before you detonated a bomb at a wedding full of people. I wish I could tell you this wasn’t going to hurt...who am I kidding? I can’t wait to hear your agonizing screams.” Daisy tells him. Daisy raises her knife into the air, and prepares to drop it!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down