QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#586 QG 11-27-17

Go down

#586 QG 11-27-17 Empty #586 QG 11-27-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 pm

*The Patient and Kristina can hear the alarm sounding throughout the clinic. “They must have figured out we escaped. Please tell me you have an escape route in mind.” Kristina says. “I wasn’t able to find a route. I didn’t plan on escaping this early, but when that orderly was gonna drug me so that Andropov could operate on me, I needed to take action.” The Patient says. “So we have no idea how we are even gonna get out of here?” Kristina asks. “Stick with me, I’ll make sure we both make it out of here alive.” The Patient tells her. “I wasn’t planning on going rogue and abandoning you, but thanks for the words of encouragement anyhow. How do you propose we get out of here?” Kristina asks. “Lets go over what we know. We definitely aren’t on the ground floor, so walking out the front door is out of the question. We would have to take an elevator for that, and if we use the elevator, we tip off the staff. A fire escape would be our best bet.” The Patient says. “Okay, well we better move now before-BEHIND YOU!” Kristina yells. An orderly comes up behind The Patient, but The Patient elbows him in the face, and then turns around and punches the orderly, knocking him out! “Impressive timing.” Kristina notes. “Come on, we’ve gotta go.” The Patient tells Kristina. He grabs her hand, and the two quickly exit the room.

*Andropov rushes into The Patient’s room, and notices Maria pacing. “What happened?” Andropov asks. “The Patient escaped.” Maria reveals. “How is that possible?! He was restrained to the bed!” Andropov points out. “I don’t know how, but he still found a way out of the restraints, and he took down two of our orderlies and a doctor before making his exit!” Maria reveals. “Do you have any idea where he may have went?” Andropov asks. “The nearest exit, I would imagine.” Maria remarks. “I mean inside of the clinic! There is no way he could have escaped the building already!” Andropov yells. “If he hasn’t yet, he isn’t going to. Every orderly in this building is searching for him, and all of the doors have been sealed shut. He is trapped.” Maria assures Andropov. “Don’t be a fool, Doctor Murphy. This man is no ordinary human. His skill set has been enhanced by techniques I have never seen before in my lifetime!” Andropov yells. “That may be true, but even Superman himself wouldn’t be able to escape this clinic when it is under lockdown. Our patient isn’t going anywhere.” Maria says. “I certainly hope so. I wouldn’t want to have to inform my client that our mutual friend has escaped.” Andropov says. “Is your client the one who wanted The Patient to undergo surgery?” Maria asks. “Yes, and they are going to be furious when they learn that I was unable to conduct it because he managed to escape! We must find him, our lives depend on it!” Andropov says. “Your client is that dangerous?” Maria asks. “I would imagine so. I don’t want to take the risk of getting on their bad side, which is why we need to resolve this immediately!” Andropov barks. “It will be. As I told you before, every orderly is looking for him. Plus, I even armed a few of them with firearms.” Maria says. “Please tell me you didn’t order them to shoot to kill!” Andropov says. “I didn’t. But, I told them that if our patient doesn’t surrender peacefully, that I want them to shoot to wound.” Maria says. “Excellent. Even he cant escape while enduring a gunshot wound.” Andropov says.

*The Patient and Kristina run down the hall, and reach a door to a fire exit. The Patient attempts to open it, but it won’t budge. “Its locked. The alarm must’ve triggered some kind of lock down protocol.” The Patient says. “Are we still gonna be able to escape?” Kristina asks. “I hope so. Lets try a different route.” The Patient says. “What good is a different route gonna do if all of the doors are locked?” Kristina asks. The Patient doesn’t respond, and then hears footsteps. “Someone is coming...Stay quiet, I’ll handle it.” The Patient says. Kristina nods, as The Patient stands at right at the corner of the hall. As the footsteps grow louder, The Patient gets ready to pounce. An armed orderly comes around the corner, and reaches for his gun. The Patient grabs The orderly’s arm that was reaching for the gun with one hand, and then punches him out with the other! The Patient dives down to the floor, and pulls the orderly’s gun off of him. Another orderly comes around the corner, and The Patient shoots him upon sight! “Sure, nothing like attracting more attention by firing a gun and killing a guy you probably just could’ve decked.” Kristina sarcastically says. “No time. I needed to act fast.” The Patient says. “What now?” Kristina asks. “We are going to the elevator.” The Patient says. “You mean the same elevator you just got through saying would be a bad idea to use because it would tip off the staff?” Kristina asks. “That’s the one.” The Patient says. “Obviously, all of those fights you’ve been in today are tiring you out, because you aren’t making much sense.” Kristina says. “Come on. I’ll explain everything on the way to the elevator.” The Patient says, as he and Kristina walk down the hall. The next shot shows the two of them boarding the elevator, and the elevator doors closing.

*On a lower level of the clinic, three orderlies are waiting outside the elevator as they hear it coming down. “Here he comes, guys. Be ready to aim for the shoulder or leg areas.” One of the orderlies tells the other two. The other two nods. The elevator reaches the floor, and the doors open up. The three orderlies begin to fire their guns, until they realize that The Patient isn’t in the elevator! “Where is he?” One of the orderlies asks. One of them walks inside of the elevator to check it out. As he is examining the area, The Patient flies down from the top of the elevator, and lands right on the orderly! The Patient punches the orderly out, and then quickly shoots the other two before they can react! The Patient looks up at the ceiling of the elevator. “All clear!” The Patient says. Kristina jumps down, and The Patient catches her. “Nice work. But, firepower isn’t gonna get us out of this place if we cant use the doors.” Kristina says. “It’ll at least fend off the guards and keep us alive.” The Patient says. “Good point. So, what’s your plan now?” Kristina asks. “We try to find a door and see if we can break through it.” The Patient says. Kristina nods, and then looks down at the bodies of the dead orderlies. While looking down, her face lights up, showing that a thought has occurred. “I might just have a better way of getting out of here without breaking our backs trying to open a door that cant be opened.” Kristina says. “I’m listening.” The Patient says. Kristina points down at an air vent. “That looks like its big enough for us to crawl through. I’m also willing to bet big money that it leads outside.” Kristina says. “Do you wanna go first, or should I?” The Patient asks. “Lead the way.” Kristina tells him. The Patient kneels down, and forces the cover off of the vent. He then crawls inside, and is soon followed by Kristina.

*Andropov rushes into the surveillance room at the clinic, and sits right in front of the monitors, which display the current footage. Andropov examines all of the cameras carefully. “So many orderlies knocked out or killed, yet no sign of the patient. Where could he have gone?” Andropov wonders.

*Maria is walking down the hall, when she notices that the door to Kristina’s room is open. “Oh no...” Maria says. Maria rushes into Kristina’s room, and finds it empty! “Damn it, she’s escaped too!” Maria realizes. Maria pulls out her phone, and makes a call. “Yes, Doctor?” Andropov asks. “Have you found him?” Maria asks. “I’m examining the security monitors, but he doesn’t seem to be in any of them. However, his presence is felt due to the large amount of corpses left around the hallways.” Andropov remarks. “I’m afraid I have some more bad news. I am currently in Kristina Cat’s room, and she appears to be missing as well.” Maria reveals. “Do you suppose she and The Patient are working together?” Andropov asks. “Its possible. Someone must’ve helped him get out of those restraints, and Miss Cat has been growing increasingly agitated, after realizing that her husband wasn’t the one keeping her here.” Maria says. “This is TERRIBLE! Two of our most important patients are now on the loose! What will my clients say if they learn that the The Patient and Miss Cat have escaped? And if they DO manage to make it outside the clinic, it is a very real possibility that he could end up following Miss Cat back to Fantastic City, which would be disastrous! His face is quite recognizable in Fantastic City, so if someone sees him, everything will be ruined!” Andropov says. “Stay put, Doctor. I’m on my way to the surveillance room.” Maria says, before hanging up and storming out of the room.

*The Patient and Kristina are crawling through an air vent. “There is a fork coming up. I’m gonna choose to go left.” The Patient tells her. “Fine with me. Just as long as we get out of this hellhole.” Kristina says. “We will.” The Patient assures her.

*Maria joins Andropov in the surveillance room. “Still nothing?” Maria asks. “I have looked over these cameras about a thousand times, and there does not seem to be anymore activity coming from the patient, or Miss Cat!” Andropov says. “If one of the orderlies subdued them, we would’ve heard back by now.” Maria notes. Maria looks at the footage, and then points at one of the monitors. “There!” Maria says. “What is it?” Andropov asks. “Do you see where those three orderlies are unconscious? Right by the elevator? The cover for the air vent is on the ground right next to the bodies.” Maria reveals. “They are traveling through the vent.” Andropov realizes. “I’ll alert the staff to extend the search to outside the building. If they are traveling by vent, there is a very real possibility that they could make it outside the clinic.” Maria says. “You go ahead and do that.” Andropov says. Maria walks across the room, and pulls her phone out. Meanwhile, Andropov’s phone begins to ring. He checks the Caller ID, and it is a blocked number. Andropov takes a deep breath, and ignores the call.

*In the air vent, The Patient and Kristina stop in their tracks. “What?” Kristina asks. “We’re at the end. Back up. I’m gonna need some room.” The Patient says. “You could’ve asked a little nicer, but okay.” Kristina says. Kristina backs up, and The Patient moves around so that he is now laying down inside the vent. “Are you taking a nap now or something?” Kristina asks. The Patient pulls back his legs, and then kicks at the air vent cover, pushing it out! He then launches himself out of the vent, and lands on the ground outside the building. The Patient stands up, and looks up at the vent. “Your turn! I’ll catch you!” The Patient assures her. “Ready?” Kristina asks. “Whenever you are.” The Patient tells her. A moment later, Kristina falls from the vent, and The Patient catches her. “Are you alright?” The Patient asks. “Yeah...I’m fine.” Kristina tells him. The Patient places her on the ground. “We’ve gotta keep moving.” The Patient says. “Looks like we aren’t out of the woods just yet. There is a huge gate out front that we are gonna have to climb.” Kristina notes. “I see it. Come on.” The Patient tells her. The two of them then start to run as fast as they can towards the front gate. An orderly can be seen coming from around the side of the building, and starts to fire shots at The Patient and Kristina. The Patient turns towards the orderly. “Stay down!” The Patient tells Kristina, as he fires three shots at the orderly, one of them hitting and killing him. “Keep moving.” The Patient tells her. They continue to sprint towards the gate. When they finally reach it, The Patient picks up Kristina, and lifts her towards the top. “Can you reach it?” He asks. “Yeah, I think so.” Kristina says. Kristina steps on his head, and uses it as a stepping stone to climb to the top of the gate. Once at the top, Kristina jumps down to the other side! “I’m out!” Kristina yells. “I’m on my way out too.” The Patient tells her. “There he is!” A voice can be heard yelling. The Patient turns, and sees three unarmed orderlies running towards him. “Come on! Hurry!” Kristina can be heard yelling from the other side of the wall. The Patient jumps onto the gate, and begins to climb it, as the three orderlies come closer and closer. They just narrowly miss him, as he reaches the top of the gate, and jumps down to the other side! The Patient and Kristina are now in the front parking lot. “Now what?” Kristina asks. “We aren’t in the clear yet. For now, we keep running.” The Patient tells her, as they continue to run away from the clinic, which can be seen in the background.

*Back inside the clinic, Maria returns to Andropov. “I just received word that The Patient and Kristina Cat made it outside the clinic.” Maria reports. “Are they still on the grounds?” Andropov asks. “The last time either of them was seen, they were jumping the front gate.” Maria reveals. “Just as I had feared. I knew that if The Patient were to ever get loose from his restraints, he would be far too dangerous to contain. That is why I kept him restrained, even from the moment he woke up. I knew that one day he would present a problem. Kristina Cat presumably helping him out of his restraints didn’t help, either.” Andropov says. “Maybe we should send men outside the clinic to search. If we comb the entire area, we might find them!” Maria says. “Please do that. However, finding them will be much easier said than done. Boston is a very big city, and they are both quite clever and resourceful. Now that we have lost them, getting them back is going to be extremely tricky.” Andropov notes. “They won’t be gone for long. I’ll make sure of that.” Maria says. Andropov’s phone begins to ring again. He once again checks the caller ID, and sees that it is a blocked number. He without hesitation swipes the ignore button. “Telemarketer?” Maria asks. “Worse. It is most likely my client wanting an update on the surgery, how am I supposed to tell them that he escaped?” Andropov asks. “Unless we can somehow get him back soon, you are going to have to tell them, and hope that they don’t burn this entire clinic to the ground.” Maria says. “The clinic being at risk is the least of our worries, I’m afraid.” Andropov admits.

*The Patient and Kristina exit a store, now dressed in normal clothing, rather than patient scrubs. They begin walking down the sidewalk. “Did you really have to take so long picking an outfit?” The Patient asks. “After spending months in those ugly hospital scrubs, I wanted to make sure I got a cute outfit.” Kristina says. “An expensive one.” The Patient adds. “Its not like its my money, or yours. Didn’t you lift it off of an orderly?” Kristina asks. “We are still going to need to save money. We don’t know how long it’ll take to get you back to Fantastic City. What if we run out of money before we get there?” The Patient asks. “We’ll be fine. Look, instead of getting moody because I spent a few extra bucks on a good looking outfit, why don’t you be thankful that we are out of the clinic of horrors?” Kristina asks. “I am.” The Patient notes. “You sure don’t act it.” Kristina says. The Patient ignores her. “Do you want something to eat? I see a cafe a little ways down the street.” The Patient reveals. “Am I allowed an actual meal? Or are you gonna force me to buy a slice of bread just so that I don’t spend too much money?” Kristina asks. “Do you want something to eat or not?” The Patient asks again. Kristina smiles. “Sure.” Kristina tells him. The two begin walking towards the cafe. Across the street, a shady looking man can be seen following them. He pulls out his phone, and makes a call.

*In the clinic surveillance room, Andropov’s phone begins to ring. “Don’t tell me its your client again.” Maria says. Andropov checks the caller ID. “No. Its a member of the private security firm I hired to track down the patient and Kristina Cat.” Andropov reveals. Andropov answers the phone. “Do you have an update?” Andropov asks. “I’m tailing them right now. Sounds like they are heading to a cafe. Do you want me to make a move?” The man asks. “Are you out in the open?” Andropov asks. “Yeah, why?” The man asks. “Don’t make a move on them out in the open! We don’t need anyone witnessing anything! Wait until they duck out of public eye!” Andropov orders. “What if they don’t?” The man asks. “They will. They won’t want to stay out in the open for too long, out of fear of being spotted. Just be prepared to capture them at the first possible moment!” Andropov tells him. “Done.” The man says. Andropov hangs up. “They are in sight.” Andropov reveals to Maria. “Has he made a move on them yet?” Maria asks. “No, not yet. I told him to wait until they weren’t in public eye. Right now, they are on their way to a cafe.” Andropov says. “To grab a bite to eat with the money they stole from one of our orderlies, nice.” Maria notes. “We’ll get the money back, just as soon as we get them back.” Andropov says. Andropov’s phone begins to ring again. “Do you think that is an update?” Maria asks. “Doubtful.” Andropov says. Andropov checks the Caller ID, and sees that it is a blocked number. “Your client again...” Maria realizes. Andropov ignores the call. “You are going to have to answer that eventually.” Maria tells him. “Just not yet. I am hoping that the man following them right now will be able to subdue them before I have to tell my client anything.” Andropov says. “Lets hope so.” Maria says.

*Inside a cafe, The Patient and Kristina are sitting at a table, eating. “Its so good to eat actual food again. I mean, to be honest, the food at the clinic wasn’t THAT bad. But, just being their kinda made me lose my appetite.” Kristina says. The Patient nods. “Do you have anything you want to say?” Kristina asks. “Not really.” The Patient responds. “Sorry if I’m annoying you. I have this tendency to talk and talk, without stopping.” Kristina notes. “Your not annoying me.” The Patient tells her. “Then what’s wrong?” Kristina asks. “There is another reason that I wanted to get something to eat. On the way over here, we were being followed.” The Patient reveals. “How do you know?” Kristina asks. “I saw his reflection in a store window. His eyes were focused in on us, and I noticed that he had a gun holster attached to his belt.” The Patient notes. “Did he look like one of the orderlies?” Kristina asks. “I don’t think he’s a member of the clinic. I think Andropov hired a team to come and find us.” The Patient reveals. “It would make sense that he would hire someone else to look for us, these people probably have better experience in finding people. Do you think we are safe in here?” Kristina asks. “I don’t think they’ll make a move on us in a public place like this. It would get too many peoples attention, and that is the last thing Andropov wants to happen.” The Patient notes. “Do you think this place has a back exit? We might be able to ditch them that way.” Kristina says. “Its worth a shot.” The Patient responds. He places money down on the table, and the two stand up. They both walk towards the back, and walk out the back door.

*In a back alley, they both come out the back of the cafe. “Thank god for back exits, huh?” Kristina asks. The Patient nods. The two start to walk, but someone grabs him from behind! Kristina swings around, and sees that the man following them earlier has The Patient in a choke hold. “Don’t bother trying to play hero, sweetheart! It won’t do any good.” The man tells Kristina, as he blocks The Patient’s air supply. “What are you gonna do?” Kristina asks. “Knock your friend out, and then bring you both back to the clinic. Doctor Andropov REALLY wants the two of you back.” The man notes. As the guy has The Patient in a choke hold, The Patient reaches down to the guy’s belt, and pulls his gun from the holster! “What do you think you’re doing?” The guy asks. All of a sudden, The Patient shoots the guy in the foot, causing him to let go! The Patient then elbows him straight in the face, before turning around, and punching him! The guy falls to the ground, now unconscious. “Nice job.” Kristina tells him. The Patient hands her the gun he took from the guy. “Here. I already have a weapon, you should have one, too. Do you know how to use it?” The Patient asks. “Brady has taught me a thing or two about firearms.” Kristina notes, as she places the safety on, and then puts the gun in her front pocket. “Now that we are both armed, we should keep moving.” The Patient says. “Agreed. The sooner we get out of Boston, the better.” Kristina notes. The Patient and her then begin to run down the alleyway.

*Back at the clinic, Andropov is calling the guy that just fought with the patient. Andropov hangs up. “Voicemail. The Patient must have subdued him.” Andropov says. “How is he doing this?” Maria asks. “I told you. His skills have been artificially improved. I would assume that is why my client is so interested in him.” Andropov notes. Andropov’s phone begins to ring. “You have to answer that, Doctor.” Maria tells him. Andropov sighs, and checks the Caller ID. “Blocked number. This is most definitely my client.” Andropov says. “You cant keep avoiding them.” Maria says. Andropov answers the phone. “Yes?” Andropov asks. “Why were you ignoring my calls, Doctor?” A deep, clearly modified voice asks. “I’m sorry, I was slightly preoccupied.” Andropov reveals. “Speaking of which, any word on The Patient’s location?” The voice asks. “What?” A surprised Andropov asks. “I already told you, doc, I have eyes everywhere. Your clinic isn’t an exception.” The voice says. “I’m sorry for the trouble. I-I never could’ve predicted this! I had no idea that he and this other patient were even in contact!” Andropov makes note of. “Obviously you need to pay more attention to what is going on under your own roof. I gather from the nervous tone in your voice that you still haven’t found him.” The voice says. “I am doing everything I can. I even hired a private security firm to aid with the search. I’ve done business with them before, they are very trustworthy.” Andropov assures the person on the other end of the line. “But you cant seem to get a hold of the man who claims to have seen him near a cafe. Almost as if he is indisposed of.” The voice says. “Did you do something to my man?” Andropov asks. “No, but someone who is equally as skilled as I am did. Your patient.” The voice says. “I was afraid of that. Do you know where he is now?” Andropov asks. “Why should I tell you? You were the one who lost him. I should leave you to figure it out.” The voice says. “I am helping you!” Andropov protests. “What you’re doing is trying to save your own sorry ass after screwing up and losing track of the patient. I’m not in the business of cleaning up other people’s messes, Doc. Let me know when you track him down, if you ever do.” The voice says, before the call goes dead. Andropov puts the phone down. “What?” Maria asks. “They already knew that the patient had escaped. They must be spying on us somehow.” Andropov says. “What did they say?” Maria asks. “Just that I was on my own in locating the patient.” Andropov says. “I have a feeling that that is much easier said than done.” Maria notes.

*In an unknown location, a mystery person can be seen sitting at a desk, watching Andropov and Maria on a computer monitor. “Poor, poor Ilia...so clueless. From the get go, he has had no idea what he is dealing with...” The mystery person says. They person’s mouth can be seen, and they smile. “But I do...I know exactly what and WHO I’m dealing with, and that is what makes this particular objective so fun.” The mystery person says. The person’s hand can be seen, and it is revealed that their nails are painted, suggesting that it is a woman! She moves the mouse on her computer screen, and switches tabs. The new tab is a picture of The Patient! “I’ll be seeing you, very, very soon...” The mystery woman says, while gazing at the picture...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum