QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#570 QG 10-25-17

Go down

#570 QG 10-25-17 Empty #570 QG 10-25-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:01 pm

FANTASTIC POLICE DEPARTMENT
*Don is pacing in the squad room, when Kaylie comes in. “Hey Don. What are you still doing here? I thought your shift ended hours ago.” Kaylie notes. “It did. But, I got called back here.” Don reveals. “By the commissioner?” Kaylie asks. “No, not her. The commissioner is out of town. The mayor wants to see me.” Don says. “The mayor? Did you do something to tick her off?” Kaylie asks. “As far as I know, I didn’t. I’ve been following the rules to the letter, I always have. So, if I did something to upset her, it was entirely unintentional.” Don notes. A moment later, an older woman wearing a pantsuit comes into the squad room. “Detective Reynolds. You’re here.” The woman says. “Yes, Mayor Carter, I came as soon as I got your call. What did you want to see me about?” Don asks. “Not here. Is there somewhere more privately we can talk?” Mayor Carter asks. “The interrogation room is free.” Don mentions. “Wonderful. We’ll talk in there.” Mayor Carter says. She enters the interrogation room, and Don looks over at Kaylie. “Good luck.” Kaylie silently mouths to Don. Don then follows the mayor into the interrogation room. “Close the door.” Mayor Carter demands. Don closes the door behind him. “Look, madam mayor, before we go any further, I just need to know if I am in some kind of trouble.” Don tells her. “Trouble? What would give you an idea like that?” Mayor Carter asks. “Well, when we spoke on the phone, you sounded kind of serious.” Don says. “That is because the reason for me meeting with you is serious. But, I can assure you, you didn’t do anything wrong...that I know of.” Mayor Carter says. “Okay. So, if you didn’t call me here to fire me, what did you need to see me for?” Don asks. “Ironically, I’m actually doing the exact opposite of firing you. I’m here to give you a promotion.” Mayor Carter says. “Promotion to what?” Don asks. “Police Commissioner.” Mayor Carter says!

FANTASTIC HOSPITAL, NURSES STATION
*Josephine steps off of the elevator and walks over to the nurses station, where a nurse is working. “Excuse me, but, I need your help. Can you tell me if Doctor Olivia Acerbi’s office is on this floor?” Josephine asks. “She’s your mother and you work here, you don’t already know where her office is?” The nurse asks. “I’ve been on an extended vacation, so I haven’t been in this new hospital, yet. By the way, I don’t like being sassed, especially by little nurses like you who use WAY too much perfume.” Josephine tells her. “Sorry. I was just asking a question.” The nurse says. “So wasn’t I, and I still haven’t gotten an answer.” Josephine points out. “Yes, your mother works on this floor.” The nurse says. Josephine smiles. “See? That wasn’t so hard. Now get back to work instead of standing around here, filing your nails, you useless slug.” Josephine says. “I don’t work for you!” The nurse snaps. “You work for my mother, and I doubt Acerbi would be happy if she knew that you were wasting time here when you could be taking some dead person’s vitals.” Josephine says. “I’m on my break. But, since you don’t seem to be going anywhere, I think I’ll spend the rest of my break down in the cafeteria.” The nurse says. The nurse begins to walk off. “Its where you should’ve been in the first place instead of hogging up the work place! Next time, stay out of the way!” Josephine yells after the nurse. “JOSEPHINE!” A voice yells. Josephine turns, and sees Acerbi. “Oh thank goodness you are okay!” Acerbi says. Acerbi runs at Josephine, and pulls her into a hug. “Hey, you’re suffocating me!” Josephine yells. Acerbi lets go. “I am sorry. Its just...I was so worried! I was so relieved when Detective Reynolds had informed me that he had run into you, but, I still wanted to see that you were alright with my own two eyes. So, how is your sister?” Acerbi asks. “How would I know?” Josephine asks. “You told Detective Reynolds that you went to visit her.” Acerbi notes. “Oh, right! Sorry, I’ve been a bit scatterbrained, lately. Anyway, she was fine. She LOVES her new pad.” Josephine says. “That is good to hear. I’ve been trying to contact her, but, she hasn’t called me back. I suppose she is busy with work.” Acerbi notes. “That’s probably it.” Josephine says. “What about you? Now that you have returned, are you ready to go back to work as head of hospital security?” Acerbi asks. “Yeah, look, about that...I’m quitting.” Josephine reveals!

THE ANCIENT JEWEL
*Katie sits down with Lucas. “You’re back.” Lucas notes. “I never left. I was just waiting for hurricane Lydia to leave. So, how’d it go?” Katie asks. “She was upset over me letting Andre on the show. Fortunately, we talked it out, and everything is good now, just as I knew would happen.” Lucas says. “I’m glad to hear it. By the way, when I was sitting in my car, I couldn’t help but notice Andre slither in here.” Katie notes. “Andre somehow knew I was here, and wanted to give me the money he owes me.” Lucas tells her. “While Lydia was here? Oh god, that couldn’t have been good.” Katie notes. “She got in a few good jabs at Andre. So, I think it was kind of worth it. But, you could definitely tell that Andre was trying to get Lydia worked up.” Lucas says. “How so?” Katie asks. “He offered to come onto the show on a more permanent basis, as your co host.” Lucas reveals. “As my WHAT? No! No, no, no, no, NO! Absolutely not! I won’t work with that man!” Katie yells. “You won’t have to. I don’t plan on ever having Andre on the show again. But, what he said about being your co host did get me thinking.” Lucas says. “About?” Katie asks. “A co host. Yes, you might’ve brought in good ratings on the first show, but, I don’t know if you’ll be able to carry the show on your own, for too long. So, eventually, you are gonna get burnt out. That’s why I think Andre might’ve been onto something when he suggested being your co host. Maybe finding you a co host wouldn’t be such a bad idea.” Lucas notes.

ITALIAN CAFE, ITALY
*Andy, Rebecca, Alexios, and Serena are all gathered around a table. “I’m not going anywhere until you tell me why you lied to me.” Serena informs Alexios. “He lied to protect you.” Andy reveals. “Protect me?” Serena asks. “Should we be telling her?” Alexios asks. “I’ve known this girl for a long time, and she isn’t gonna let it go. She’s like a dog with a bone.” Andy notes. “Aw, you know me so well! So, what’s going on?” Serena asks. “You remember Brody McKay, right?” Rebecca asks. “The man who tried to kill V.J? Yeah, rings a bell.” Serena says. “He kidnapped me, too.” Alexios mentions. “We aren’t talking about you. You lied to me, so I’m not talking to you.” Serena tells him. Serena turns towards Rebecca. “So, what were you saying about that homicidal maniac?” Serena asks. “Recently, I reopened the Silvia Miller kidnapping case, hoping to locate Brody. But, in my search for him, I discovered something else.” Rebecca says. “Dare I ask what?” Serena asks. “A payment of $50,000 was wired into a bank account registered to an alias that Brody uses, on the exact same day Silvia was kidnapped.” Rebecca tells her. “That’s a whole lot of money. I doubt he just cleaned that person’s chimney for that much.” Serena notes. “Oh, definitely not. I think that whoever paid Brody that money is the true mastermind behind Silvia’s kidnapping.” Rebecca reveals. “Which is why we are here in Italy.” Andy adds. “I traced the account that wired the money into Brody’s account to a bank right here in Italy.” Rebecca says. “Do you have any suspects?” Serena asks. “We suspected Andre, at first.” Rebecca says. “But...not anymore?” Serena asks. “The possibility is still on the table. But, when we confronted Andre, he raised a lot of good points as to why he would never throw in with Brody McKay. So, I definitely think we were barking up the wrong tree when we accused Andre.” Rebecca says. “Why did you accuse Andre in the first place? Something must’ve pointed you at the guy.” Serena notes. “We suspected Andre because the Stanpatos family is from Italy, so, it was logical to think that Andre might’ve been behind it.” Rebecca notes. “So, now that Andre is off the list, do you have any other suspects?” Serena asks. “I still think its a member of my family. But, most of them are dead. Lawrence, Vivian, Michael, all dead. If he somehow knew that Silvia was carrying my baby, Lawrence would make sense as the mastermind. After all, I did shoot him, not that it wasn’t warranted.” Rebecca says. “Like you said though, Lawrence is dead.” Andy says. “We thought that when your mother shot him. There was a body and everything. But, he still came back months later, trying to kidnap my poor sister, Kassie.” Rebecca remembers. “What about Franco? Maybe he had something to do with it.” Serena suggests.

FANTASTIC POLICE DEPARTMENT
*In the interrogation room, Don is surprised by Mayor Carter’s offer. “Commissioner?” Don asks. “That’s right. Would you be up for the job?” Mayor Carter asks. “Thank you for the offer, but I’m going to have to pass. I know that I replaced Commissioner Rogers in the past, but I just cant do it again! She’s been really good to me, and I don’t want to stab her in the back like that.” Don tells Mayor Carter. “Again, you misunderstood me. I’m not asking you to permanently replace Commissioner Rogers, I’m just asking you to temporarily replace her. As you probably know, the commissioner is out of town on personal business, and she has informed me that she doesn’t know how long she’ll be gone for. So, it would be in the department’s best interest to hire a temp so that the department remains organized. I also wanted it to be someone who is already employed here, rather than an outsider.” Mayor Carter notes. “I understand that, but, you do know that I was previously fired as police commissioner, right?” Don asks. “Yes, by the former mayor, who was exposed as being corrupt and heavily involved in drug trafficking.” Mayor Carter reminds him. “That may be true, but Wilson fired me because we lost evidence in two different cases. One was Andre Stanpatos, the other was a drug dealer.” Don notes. “Did you ever wonder what happened to the evidence against that drug dealer? Allow me to share my speculation. I think that Ricardo Wilson stole the evidence, and destroyed it, so that he would have an excuse to declare you an incompetent police commissioner, and replace you with a woman who was grieving the loss of her husband, who she thought was dead. I think Ricardo was afraid that you were getting too close to the truth about him, so he decided to shakeup the investigation!” Mayor Carter says. “Your theory would make sense. But, how do you excuse the evidence against Andre Stanpatos disappearing?” Don asks. “Andre Stanpatos has long been suspected of having moles within the department. I’m assuming one of those moles stole the video of him confessing to arranging his own murder.” Mayor Carter says. “So, none of that has made you question this decision?” Don asks. “Not at all. I know that you didn’t intentionally arrange for that evidence to disappear! That just wouldn’t be like you! From what I’ve heard, you are one of the most experienced officers at this department, only second to Andy Goo. But, I cant promote him to temporary commissioner, because he is out of the country, too! So, you were the only man for the job. What do you say, Detective, will you accept my offer?” Mayor Carter asks. Don smiles. “How could I refuse?” Don asks. “Terrific! You start immediately! Good luck!” Mayor Carter says, before walking out. A moment later, Don walks out, too, and finds Kaylie waiting for him in the squad room. “Well? How’d it go?” Kaylie asks. “You’re looking at the new commissioner.” Don reveals. “Oh my god! She fired Commissioner Rogers?!” A shocked Kaylie asks. “No, no! Believe me, I wouldn’t have accepted the job if that were the case. Since Rebecca is out of town, Carter wants me to take over her duties as police commissioner, until she comes back.” Don reveals. “Oh. So, I guess its safe to tell you congratulations, then?” Kaylie asks. “Looks that way.” Don says. “Well, congratulations. I’m happy for you. If anyone deserved this temporary promotion, you did.” Kaylie tells him. “Thanks. Just so you know, I’m not an easy boss to work for. I expect nothing but the best out of my employees, and I make sure to push them to their limits, and if I don’t like their limits, I fire them.” Don notes. “Hey, don’t get too power crazy over there. I don’t think Commissioner Rogers would like it if she comes back and finds that you fired 75% of her staff.” Kaylie says. “Hopefully, it wont come to that. Anyway, I should get to my office, and look over the pile of paperwork that is probably waiting on my desk.” Don says. “Its times like these ones where I’m happy not to be the big boss. Go get em, Commish.” Kaylie says with a smile, before walking away from Don.

FANTASTIC HOSPITAL, NURSES STATION
*”You’re quitting? I thought you loved this job!” Acerbi notes. “Well, yes, I did, but, you know, things change.” Josephine says. “How exactly did things change, hm?” Acerbi asks. “Well, first, I spent months outta work after the hospital went boom, cause of that maniac, Joe Fish. Then, I got kidnapped by that crazy blond, Gretta Cambino. That was a lot of fun. Anyway, the point is, all of that madness and the mayhem over the past few months have put everything into perspective, ya know? So, I decided that working security at the hospital just ain’t...isn’t, my cup of tea.” Josephine says. “It sure took you some time to notice it.” Acerbi notes. “Look, don’t take it personally, ma. It doesn’t have anything to do with you. I just don’t like hospitals, and being around all these dead people ya know? So, it is time for I, Josephine Acerbi, to find a new career path.” Josephine says. “Have you decided what path that may be?” Acerbi asks. “No, not yet. But, I’m sure it won’t take me long. I’m a talented lady, from what I hear.” Josephine says. “From what you hear?” Acerbi asks. “Yeah, that’s what people tell me. Don tells me, you’ve told me that a few times, too!” Josephine notes. “Yes I have. Well, in any case, I am disappointed that you will no longer be employed here at the hospital. I will miss you.” Acerbi says. “Thanks.” Josephine says. “Aren’t you going to tell your mother that you will miss her as well?” Acerbi asks. “Oh, yeah! Of course I’ll miss you! Sorry. Well, I should get going. Its getting late, and I’ve gotta get my beauty sleep.” Josephine says. “As if you need that.” Acerbi says. “Aw, you’re so sweet. Well, I’ll see you around, alright?” Josephine asks. “You certainly will. Perhaps we should do lunch sometime!” Acerbi says. “Yeah, maybe! I’ll call you when I’m available! Bye!” Josephine says, before rushing over to the elevator, and getting on it. “What a strange encounter...” Acerbi notes to herself.

LUCAS' OFFICE
*”So, how would you feel about a co host?” Lucas asks. “Well, I think that I’ll probably be fine with it, as long as that co host isn’t Andre.” Katie says. Lucas chuckles. “I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that. Andre was just kidding, he thinks he’s far too good to be working on a talk show.” Lucas says. “Then, there shouldn’t be a problem. So, do you have anyone in mind?” Katie asks. “Well, I think it would be a good idea to go with someone without any experience. A fresh face in Hollywood! That’s why I put out an online ad, as well as an ad in tomorrow’s newspaper.” Lucas says. “Have you gotten any calls?” Katie asks. “Not yet, but, that isn’t surprising. After all, I just put the ad up. It’ll probably take a little while before people start responding.” Lucas says. “And, you are okay with it being some nobody?” Katie asks. “Fantastic City Gossip is just supposed to be a local show. I think that it would be best to have local civilians hosting it, like you and whoever your co host ends up being.” Lucas says. “And, there will only be ONE co host, right? I don’t feel comfortable working with twenty different hosts.” Katie notes. “Don’t worry, this isn’t The Chew. We’ll only have two hosts. You, and the other person.” Lucas says. “Lovely.” Katie says. “Mr. Cambino, someone is here for the host position.” Lucas’ secretary tells him over his answering machine. Lucas holds down on the button. “No one made an appointment with me.” Lucas says into the speaker. “She claims she didn’t think she needed to.” The secretary tells him. Lucas sighs. “Now is a better time than any. Send her in!” Lucas says. “Contestant number one.” Lucas tells Katie. “I wonder if its someone we know.” Katie says. A moment later, the door opens, and Bethany walks in! “Bethany?!” A surprised Katie asks. “Sorry for just showing up, but, after seeing the ad, I couldn’t resist! The job sounds PERFECT for me!” Bethany says!

ITALIAN CAFE
*”I’ve considered Franco, but, he wouldn’t make any sense.” Rebecca says. “Why not? The guy is a psycho.” Andy notes. “Maybe, but, he’s managed to stay out of trouble since his return from the dead. Besides, why would he want to hurt me or Alexios? He barely even knows me, and Alexios gave him a job!” Rebecca says. “Do we know that Franco is still working for Alexios?” Serena asks. “Yeah. He’s still working for me, and so far, he hasn’t done anything to disappoint me. I just don’t think Franco did it.” Alexios says. “So, who did?” Serena asks. “That’s the million dollar question.” Andy says. “What are you guys planning to do to find out?” Serena asks. “Tonight, we aren’t going to do anything. The plan is to rest tonight, and then tomorrow, we are going to take a trip down to the bank that the mastermind’s account is registered to. With any luck, the transaction was in person, and they might’ve been caught on surveillance.” Rebecca says. “That’s a good plan. What time should I be awake by?” Serena asks. “You can wake up whenever you want, cause you aren’t going.” Alexios tells her. “Still not talking to you.” Serena says. “Alexios is right, Serena. Whoever ordered Brody to kidnap Silvia is obviously incredibly dangerous, and if they find out that we are onto them, then there is a very real chance that they could come after us. Rebecca and I are trained cops, so we can handle ourselves.” Andy says. “What about him?” Serena asks, while pointing at Alexios. “Him? I don’t even deserve to be called by my name anymore?” An offended Alexios asks. “Alexios knows Italy better than we do, which means he is an asset.” Rebecca says. “Thanks for that, sis.” Alexios says. “Okay, well, I am in need of a major distraction, and this is the perfect chance to get one!” Serena says. “You came here to enjoy the attractions of Italy, not chase after bad guys with us.” Andy notes. “Cant I do both? Come on, it doesn’t have to be all business, all the time.” Serena says. “Considering we are dealing with a madman here, yeah, it kinda does have to be business all the time.” Alexios says. “Serena, believe me, tagging along is a bad idea. You have kids to think about!” Andy says. “So don’t you.” Serena points out. “This is about our daughter! Brody McKay kidnapped her surrogate on someone’s orders, and I want to find out who that person is, and what they wanted!” Rebecca says. “And I want to help! Come on, you guys are my friends! I want to do everything I can to help you, even if its just giving you guys moral support. Besides...it would be a good distraction to stop me from thinking about V.J’s death, which has been on my mind since the moment Don showed up at my non wedding with blood all over his shirt. Please...let me help you. I promise I’ll try not to get in the way!” Serena says. Rebecca looks at Andy. “You and me are capable, we’d be able to try to protect Serena if anything were to happen. Besides, even if anything were to happen, she wouldn’t be a direct target.” Rebecca notes. Andy sighs. “Alright, if this is what you really want...you’re in.” Andy tells Serena. “Yes! I KNEW I’d get through to you!” Serena says. “Well, now that that’s settled, we should probably get back to the hotel. We need to be well rested for tomorrow, especially if we get the answers we are looking for.” Alexios says. “You two go on ahead. Rebecca and I have other plans.” Andy tells them. “Oooh, sounds romantic!” Serena says. “Andy says that he has some sort of surprise planned for me.” Rebecca tells Alexios and Serena. “Oh wow. Can you tell ME what it is? I promise, I won’t say a word!” Serena tells Andy. Andy smiles. “I’ll tell you all about it in the morning.” Andy says. “Ugh, you’re no fun.” Serena says. “Alright, we should really get going. Come on, everyone.” Andy says. Andy, Rebecca, Alexios, and Serena stand up. “To the hotel!” Alexios says, as they all head out the front door. Once they are gone, someone in the back, who has the menu covering their face, begins to lower the menu. The mystery person is revealed to be Brody! Brody pulls out his phone, and makes a call. “Its me...yes, it has been a long time. Not long enough, as far as I’m concerned...Believe me, after the Silvia Miller debacle, the last thing I wanted to do is call you, again. However, I have some information that might interest you...with that tone, you’ll be lucky if I tell you a damn thing...alright, fine. I’m in Italy, and guess who walks into the cafe I’m sitting in? Andy Goo, Rebecca Rogers, Alexios Stanpatos, and surprisingly enough, Serena Masters. Turns out, they are in Italy investigating Silvia’s kidnapping...No, it wasn’t anything I did that led them to Italy. Turns out, it was a screw up on your part...I know that they were supposed to never know of your involvement in the kidnapping, but things change!...Relax, they don’t know who you are. All they know is that someone paid me to kidnap Silvia...I didn’t tell them anything, they didn’t even know that I was in the cafe with them! I hid very discretely behind a menu...Somehow, they discovered a bank account that I have under an alias in Brazil, and they found out that someone, A.K.A, you, made a generous deposit to it on the day Silvia was kidnapped. So, they traced the account to a bank right here in Italy...they might not know who you are now, but they are gonna find out, eventually! Alexios might be an idiot, but from what I’ve seen, Andy and Rebecca are different! They are actually smart!...All this goes to say, you need to do something about this problem, otherwise, it’ll only be a matter of time before your identity is exposed, and you end up starring in your own version of ‘Orange is the new Black!’...Well, if the price is right, I’ll be more than happy to eliminate the problem for you...I suppose I could meet with you. When and where?...That sounds like a tedious trip, I’m going to have to charge you extra for that one...great, I’ll be in touch.” Brody says, before hanging up the phone. “Looks like your cozy little life is about to come to an end, Alexios, you and your little friends...” Brody says!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum