QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#569 QG 10-24-17

Go down

#569 QG 10-24-17 Empty #569 QG 10-24-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:59 pm

LAKESIDE DINER
*Kaylie is sitting at a table, playing with the necklace she has on, which has the appearance of a puzzle piece. Kaylie sighs. A moment later, Bethany comes through the front door, and immediately notices Kaylie sitting at a table nearby. Bethany approaches Kaylie’s table. “Kaylie, hey!” Bethany says. “Bethany, how’s it going?” Kaylie asks. “Things are going pretty good. What about you? You doing alright?” Bethany asks. “I’m managing. Moving to a new city has been a bit of an adjustment, but...I think I’m finally starting to adapt.” Kaylie says. “Believe me, I know how difficult that is. Once upon a time, I was new to town, too. But...it took me a lot longer to get used to Fantastic than it took you.” Bethany notes. “I’m surprised you’ve been here this long. You always have been kind of reckless. I figured that now that you have your independence, you wouldn’t want to be tied down to one place for too long.” Kaylie says. “I used to be like that, and if it weren’t for Alexios and my nephew, I probably would’ve left a long time ago. But...I’ve built a home for myself, here. I really like it here, believe it or not.” Bethany says. Bethany’s facial expression changes when she notices the necklace Kaylie is wearing. “Wait, is that what I think it is?” Bethany asks. “Do you recognize it?” Kaylie asks her.

THE ANCIENT JEWEL
*Lucas takes a sip of champagne, just as Lydia storms over to his table. “Taking some liquid courage before you had to face me?” Lydia asks. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Lucas says. Lydia sits down across from him. “The hell you don’t! Have you completely lost your mind? Why on earth would you go into business with Andre Stanpatos?” Lydia asks. “Well, technically, I didn’t go into business with him. It was a temporary arrangement.” Lucas notes. “That doesn’t make this make any more sense than it did before! You hate Andre, so why would you let him on Katie’s show? And don’t give me the “it was her choice” nonsense, because as the CEO of Justin Shaw Media, you have the final say, and I am quite confident that Katie told you that Andre was going to be a guest BEFORE the show. So, you could have easily have told him no!” Lydia declares. Lucas sighs. “Look, I wasn’t exactly too keen on Andre being a guest on the show, either.” Lucas says. “But what? Katie roped you into it? You have a mind of your own, Lucas. You have a voice of your own!” Lydia notes. “I’m not gonna try and pin this on Katie. As the CEO of Justin Shaw Media, it was my call, and I chose to green light Andre’s appearance on the show.” Lucas says. “Why? Was he blackmailing you?” Lydia asks. “No.” Lucas says. “Then why in god’s name would you let that man on your network?” Lydia asks. “Money. As you know, most of my assets were frozen after the whole debacle with Mia Goo, the only reason I was even able to buy Justin Shaw Media was because I sold the club! And, as you probably also know, Justin Shaw Media has been on a downward spiral since Jack’s death. Hell, even before then! It goes all the way back to when Jack found out that he had a brain tumor last year! That whole health scare distracted Jack, and the company suffered because of it. So, in order to keep it afloat, I needed a lucrative opportunity to buy the company time until I could get it back on top.” Lucas notes. “So, you chose Andre. How much did he pay you?” Lydia asks. “Well, he hasn’t paid me yet, but, I had Betty draw up some documents, and I had Andre sign them, so he won’t be able to get out of it.” Lucas says. “Again, how much is he paying you for this?” Lydia asks. “Five million dollars.” Lucas says. “What? Five million dollars for an appearance on a local talk show that just started? That’s absurd! Why on earth would he agree to pay you that much?” Lydia asks. “It was his idea.” Lucas reveals. “Why would he offer to pay you that much?” Lydia asks. “He told Katie that he wanted to prove to the world, more specifically, Sabrina, that he is a changed man.” Lucas says. “Sabrina probably didn’t even watch it!” Lydia notes. “No, but the interview is trending on Twitter, so I’m sure she’ll find it online eventually, which is what I think Andre was hoping for.” Lucas notes. “For the record, I apologize if I’m asking too many questions, but going backwards for a second, why on earth would you buy Justin Shaw Media if the company was performing so badly?” Lydia asks. “I bought it for you. I knew that if I wanted to win you back, I needed a legitimate source of income, and since the club was doing even worse than Justin Shaw Media, I decided to sell it so that I could buy the company.” Lucas says. “But why not buy a more successful company?” Lydia asks. “Because the club wasn’t worth that much, so it wasn’t as if I was going to get much for it! And because of its failings, Justin Shaw Media was being sold for a discount.” Lucas says. “If money was an issue, I could’ve given you the money.” Lydia tells him. “We weren’t together when I bought Justin Shaw Media, remember? The whole reason I bought the company was because it was a gesture to win you back.” Lucas notes. “What about after we got back together? If you needed money to try and improve the company, I could’ve given it to you!” Lydia notes. “I could never ask you for money. I wanted to do it on my own.” Lucas tells her. “You always were independent.” Lydia notes. Lucas grabs Lydia hands, and holds them. “I’m sorry if I upset you. Believe me. I didn’t want to hurt you, but, Andre presented a great opportunity to the company, and I had to take it. I hope you’re not too upset.” Lucas says. Lydia smiles. “I’m upset, but I’m not too upset. I’m calm enough to forgive you.” Lydia tells him. “Thank you.” Lucas tells her. “But, for the record, I will never be okay with this Andre thing.” Lydia notes. “Thankfully, you don’t have to be. Once I get that payment from Andre, our working relationship is through.” Lucas says. “Did I hear my name?” A voice asks. Lucas and Lydia turn, and see Andre! Lucas rolls his eyes upon seeing Andre.

AIRPORT, ITALY
*Andy and Rebecca are in the waiting area. “Where on earth is Alexios?” Rebecca wonders. “Calm down, I’m sure he’ll be here any second.” Andy says. “You said that five minutes ago!” Rebecca notes. “And...it still applies!” Andy says. Alexios and Serena join them. “Sorry I took so long. I was helping Serena with her bags.” Alexios says. Andy and Rebecca are surprised to see Serena. “Serena, what are you doing here?” Andy asks. “I’m here on vacation. Lydia thought it would be a good idea for me to getaway. I never expected to run into you guys here, though. Imagine my surprise when Alexios sat next to me on the plane.” Serena notes. “Imagine my surprise when I found out I was sitting next to you, of all people.” Alexios says. Serena smiles. “So, what are your plans now?” Andy asks. “Oh, I don’t know. Originally, I was gonna just go back to my hotel room, and start sight seeing the next day. But, maybe I should go hang with you guys for a while. Could be fun.” Serena says. “It wont be, trust me. I have a business meeting that I need to get to, and I doubt you want to tag along for that.” Alexios says. “What about Andy and Rebecca? I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if I came with them.” Serena says. “Well, I’m sure they’d like to have some time alone. You know how married couples are.” Alexios says. “No, I don’t know.” Serena says. “Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way...” Alexios tells her. “Its fine, I know you didn’t. Look, its alright, I’ll head to my hotel room so that I can get settled in. Maybe I’ll run into you guys again.” Serena says. “You never know.” Alexios says. Serena turns towards Andy and Rebecca. “Well, it was good seeing the two of you. I hope you have fun.” Serena says. “Right back at you.” Andy says. Serena turns back towards Alexios. “And as for you, thank you for keeping me entertained during the flight. I owe you.” Serena says. Alexios smiles. “Don’t mention it.” Alexios says. “Okay, then, I guess I’ll see the three of you later.” Serena says. “Stay safe.” Andy tells her. “I will, bye guys.” Serena says. See ya.” Alexios says. “Bye.” Rebecca tells her. Serena then walks away. Once she is gone, Andy turns towards Alexios. “You don’t have a business meeting, so why did you lie to Serena?” Andy asks. “I didn’t want to lie to her, believe me. But, this whole investigation into who Brody was working with when he kidnapped Silvia could get dangerous, especially if this person is one of my crazy relatives. The last thing I want is for Serena to get caught in the middle of it, especially given how stressed she is about V.J.” Alexios says. “You have a good point. The less people involved, the better.” Andy notes. “I’m glad we are in agreement. So, what’s the plan? What are we going to do now?” Alexios asks. “Well, I googled some nearby attractions, and there is a cafe right down the street, that has pretty decent reviews. I figured that before we go to the hotel for the night, we could go grab a doughnut or something and discuss strategy.” Rebecca says. “You cops and your doughnuts.” Alexios jokes. “You regular civilians and your stereotyping. So, are we in agreement on the plan or what?” Rebecca asks. “Sounds good to me.” Andy says. “Yeah, me too.” Alexios says. “Great, lets go then.” Rebecca says. Rebecca walks off, and Andy and Alexios follow her.

BODY AND SOUL CLINIC, KRISTINA'S ROOM, BOSTON MA
*Kristina’s eyes begin to flutter, as she wakes up. Maria shines a flashlight into Kristina’s eyes. “She’s definitely waking up.” Maria notes. “Do you need me to restrain her?” The orderly asks. “What did I tell you? Only restrain her if she becomes agitated! If you do it without cause, it is only going to make her nervous!” Maria notes. “Where...where am I?” Kristina asks. “Don’t worry, my dear, you are in good hands.” Maria tells her. “That...that wasn’t….my question.” Kristina says. Maria sighs. “I’m sorry for ignoring you. You are at a clinic.” Maria informs her. “Why?” Kristina asks. “I’m not clear on the specifics. What I do know is that you were poisoned, and that you were on the brink of death. Actually, to be more exact, you did die.” Maria says. “If I’m dead, then how am I talking to you?” Kristina asks. “You misunderstood. You aren’t dead, not anymore.” Maria reveals. “You’ve lost me.” Kristina says. “We brought you back from the dead, Miss Cat. When you were delivered to this clinic, you were already declared legally dead, after having died in the hospital.” Maria reveals. Kristina’s eyes widen, and she flashes back.

Brady strokes a lifeless Kristina's head. "I don't understand how we got here. A few days ago, we had all these plans. We were gonna have a baby, we were gonna live happily ever after...Well, I guess we sorta achieved that last part. We lived happily ever after more than a lot of couples. But still...you shouldn't have died. You didn't deserve to die! You were only in your late twenties. You still had so much life left in you...and now, its all....its all gone." Brady says. Brady looks at Kristina's wedding ring. "Its just so unfair. After everything we've been through, for us to be separated by some guy who sounds like he was named after a fishshack....this never should've happened." Brady says. While Brady is crying over Kristina, Kristina's spirit can be seen leaving her body. Kristina stands over the bed, and notices her body lying their. "Oh my god. I'm...I'M DEAD!" Kristina realizes. She notices Brady, sitting next to her bedside.

*”I...I remember.” Kristina says. “What do you remember?” Maria asks. “I remember my spirit LITERALLY leaving my body. I remember that I was just standing over my hospital bed, and I could see my body lying there.” Kristina notes. “Your recollection of your death is truly remarkable. So, for the record, you do recall your life before waking up here?” Maria asks. “Yes, I remember anything. I’m just a little confused on how long I’ve been out.” Kristina notes. “Unfortunately, I don’t have that information. I can however provide you with today’s date. It is October 24, 2017.” Maria reveals. “October? The last memories I have are from JUNE. Are you telling me I’ve been dead for five months?” A shocked Kristina asks.

LAKESIDE DINER
*”Of course I recognize the necklace. I’m the one who bought it for you, remember?” Bethany asks. “Course I do. You know, this had to have been the weirdest gift I’ve ever gotten.” Kaylie confesses. “Well, yeah, duh, I mean, who gives their girlfriend a necklace of a puzzle piece?” Bethany asks. Kaylie laughs. “But, after you explained it to me, I understood, and I thought it was the most romantic gift I’ve ever been given. I remember the day you gave it to me, I was really surprised, because it wasn’t anything I was expecting, and then, you told me how you got yourself one. I was even more confused then.” Kaylie remembers. “I probably should’ve explained it to you quicker.” Bethany notes. “Probably. But, the story behind these necklaces is going to stick with me for the rest of my life. You told me that the puzzle piece that was on your necklace fits into the one on mine.” Kaylie notes. “And like the puzzle pieces, you and me fit together.” Bethany finishes. “So, you DO remember?” Kaylie asks. “I told you I did. That was probably the most romantic gesture I’ve ever made in my life, even though it was weird.” Bethany says. “It was weird, but it was totally you. Do you...do you still have yours?” Kaylie asks. “Somewhere. I think its buried somewhere inside my jewelry box. I...I don’t think I’ve worn it since we broke up.” Bethany mentions. “Why do you still have it, then?” Kaylie wonders. “I-I cant throw it away. I don’t know...its just...symbolic to me, you know?” Bethany asks. “I know. That’s why I still wear mine, every now and again. I love wearing it, and I don’t even really like jewelry. It...it just means a lot to me. It reminds me of a simpler time in my life.” Kaylie says. “I’m glad you still like it.” Bethany says. “Like it? I love it. This puzzle piece contains a lot of good memories, from arguably the best period in my life.” Kaylie says. Kaylie places her hand over Bethany’s. “I don’t want to let those memories go.” Kaylie tells her. Bethany stares into Kaylie’s eyes for a moment, before snapping back to reality. “Look at me? I came here for a latte, and I ended up getting distracted!” Bethany says, as she quickly pulls her hand back. “Sorry about that. I guess I just got caught up in the memories.” Kaylie says. Bethany stands up. “It happens.” Bethany notes. “I’m sorry if I took up too much of your time.” Kaylie apologizes. “I’m not worried about it, really, its okay. I’ll see you around, K?” Bethany asks. “Alright. Bye.” Kaylie says. Bethany smiles at Kaylie, before rushing towards the door. “Bethany, wait, you forgot to buy your-” Before Kaylie can finish, Bethany exits out the front door. “Latte.” Kaylie finishes.

*Outside, Bethany sits on the bench across from the front door. “What the hell was that?” A shaken Bethany wonders.

THE ANCIENT JEWEL
*”I hope I’m not interrupting.” Andre says. “You are.” Lydia tells him. “Not to worry, I don’t intend on being long. I just came to give Lucas his check.” Andre says. “Great.” Lucas says. Andre reaches into his coat pocket, and pulls out a check. “Here it is.” Andre says. Andre places the check in front of Lucas. “There you go! See? No need to sic the lawyers after me!” Andre says. “Thanks. Is that all?” Lucas asks. “Not quite. I just wanted to tell you what a pleasure it has been working with you! For a former gangster, you were surprisingly professional.” Andre notes. “Thanks. I don’t intend on making a habit out of working with you.” Lucas notes. “Really? But we work so well together! I’ve been reading the online reviews for Katie’s show, and it is doing MARVELOUSLY! I suppose my being there really brought in the ratings! You know, perhaps you should bring me on as a co host! That way, we could work together everyday! It would be so much fun!” Andre says. “I don’t think that would work. After all, you have an international conglomerate to run!” Lucas notes. “Oh, I’m sure I could find the time!” Andre says. “The answer is no.” Lucas dryly him. “Oh. I’m sorry to hear that. Lydia, perhaps you could convince your hubby to reconsider! It really would be a GREAT opportunity to be able to work with me!” Andre tells Lydia. “The day I go to bat for you with Lucas will be the day where the demons are building snowmen in hell.” Lydia tells Andre. Andre chuckles. “It is no wonder that the two of you work so well together, you both have terrific senses of humor!” Andre notes. “I appreciate your business, Andre, truly, I do. But, that association ends, here.” Lucas says. “You got what you wanted. You went on Katie’s show and pretended to be a halfway decent man to try and impress your daughter, now, its time for you to go.” Lydia tells him. “I get the impression I’m not wanted at this table.” Andre says. “Wow, his deduction skills are incredible!” A sarcastic Lydia tells Lucas. “Nothing like them.” Lucas responds. “Mmm. Well, on that note, I really should be going. It was a pleasure doing business with you, Lucas.” Andre says, before walking away. “That man...” A frustrated Lydia says. “He was just trying to get under your skin. But, it doesn’t matter, anyway. Now that Andre has paid me, I can forget that I ever worked with him.” Lucas says. “That sounds like a wonderful idea.” Lydia notes. “I figured you would like it.” Lucas says, before leaning in and kissing Lydia.

ITALIAN CAFE
*Andy, Rebecca, and Alexios each sit down with a cup of coffee. “Okay sis, so, what do we do now? Do you have some kind of a plan?” Alexios asks. “I do. I think that in the morning, we should take a trip down to the bank and check the surveillance footage from the day where this mystery person wired that money to Brody. If they went to the bank in person, that means that they would be caught on camera. The only problem though is getting access to the surveillance. We aren’t cops here, so the bank probably wouldn’t just hand over the footage to us.” Rebecca says. “That won’t be a problem. The Stanpatos family has a lot of clout here in Italy, I’ll call Andre, and he can call the bank. Once they hear that Andre Stanpatos is backing us, they’ll definitely give us the footage.” Alexios says. “What makes you think Andre will want to help us? We just accused him of being the one Brody partnered with.” Andy says. “If you or Rebecca called him, he’d probably refuse. But if its coming from me, Andre won’t have a choice but to help us. He wouldn’t want to lose the one person that actually loves him.” Alexios says. “I will never understand the bond you and Andre have, but, I guess it has its uses. It would be greatly appreciated if you could get Andre to help us out, not that I want his help, but, it appears to be our only option.” Rebecca says. “So its settled. We go to the bank tomorrow, and hopefully find out who arranged for all of this.” Andy says. A moment later, Serena enters the cafe, and walks over to their table! “Hey guys! Fancy meeting you here!” Serena says. “Serena, what are you doing here?” Alexios asks. Serena ignores Alexios’ question, pulls up a chair, and sits down with them. “Business meeting, huh?” Serena asks. “I can explain.” Alexios says. “Don’t bother. Its obvious that there isn’t a meeting going on here. Otherwise, Andy and Rebecca would be replaced by two corporate suits. By the way, just so you know, I followed you here because I didn’t buy your story from the moment it left your tongue.” Serena notes. “I wouldn’t expect anything left.” Alexios says. “Yeah, nice try, but flattery isn’t gonna get you anywhere. Believe it or not, though, I’m a forgiving girl. So, if you tell me why you lied to me, I might let it slide.” Serena says. “Don’t worry about it, just go back to your hotel room.” Alexios tells her. “I cant go back to a place I never was at in the first place. Suspicious from the moment the story left your tongue, remember? So, with that being said, I’m not going anywhere until you tell me why you lied to me.” Serena says. “He lied to protect you.” Andy reveals.

BODY AND SOUL CLINIC, KRISTINA'S ROOM
*”I realize that this is probably difficult for you to process. Just so you know, the reason why it took so long to revive you is because the drug regimen has to be given in different doses. It isn’t just one drug that you give someone to revive them, its a combination of several different drugs, each carefully timed in order to ensure that the resurrection would be a success.” Maria says. “How...how is this even possible? Did you develop the drug?” Kristina asks. “I hardly have the experience to develop something so...complex. No, the person to give credit to is our brilliant chief of staff. He is the genius doctor who developed this regimen. He is the one to thank for your resurrection.” Maria says. “Where is he? I’d like to thank him in person.” Kristina says. “He’s not here right now.” Maria says. “When will he be here?” Kristina asks. “I don’t know.” Maria says. “Okay, what about my husband? Does Brady know that I’m back?” Kristina asks. Maria smiles. “I haven’t had the chance to tell him, yet, but I’m sure he will be thrilled.” Maria says. “I cant wait to see him.” Kristina says. “I’m sure. Well, despite being asleep for quite some time, I’m sure you will want the chance to rest, collect your thoughts. So, I will leave you to that. I’ll be back to check on you later this evening.” Maria says. “Oh, okay. Are you gonna go tell Brady that I’m back at least?” Kristina asks. Maria smiles. “Of course. I’ll call him right away. I’ll see you soon.” Maria says, before exiting, with the orderly in tow. Outside the room, the orderly stops Maria. “I thought you said you didn’t know whether or not her husband was the one who had her brought here.” The orderly notes. “I don’t. I was only telling her what the doctor told me to say. As long as she continues to believe that her beloved husband is the one who brought her here. As far as I know, her husband doesn’t even know that she is here.” Maria says. “If her husband isn’t the one who went through the trouble of paying big money to have her revived, then who was it?” The orderly asks. “I don’t know. The only people that know for sure are the chief of staff, and whoever is paying for Miss Cat’s resurrection. Come, we have other patients to attend to.” Maria says. “You aren’t worried she might try to make a break for it?” The orderly asks. “I doubt she will, and if she tries, the clinic is more than capable of stopping her in her tracks. It is impossible for her to make it out of this clinic alone. So, I see no reason to be concerned.” Maria says, before she and the orderly walk off. Back inside, Kristina is lying in bed, staring up at the ceiling...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum