QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#558 QG 10-9-17

Go down

#558 QG 10-9-17 Empty #558 QG 10-9-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 pm

GOO CASTLE, GARDEN
“Did...did you just ask me to marry you?” Clara asks. “Are you surprised? You’re a remarkable woman, who wouldn’t want to marry you?” Lysandros asks. “No, no, its just that it is rather...sudden.” Clara notes. “Why do you say that?” Lysandros asks. “Well, we haven’t even known each other for a year, and for most of that year, we weren’t even together. In fact, we JUST got back together a few weeks ago.” Clara says. “I know that it is unusual to get engaged this early in a relationship, that a lot of people wait years, sometimes even over a decade, before even considering marriage. However, I’m not like those people. I don’t believe that there is a timeline on love, or that there is a certain pace that a relationship needs to move at. The pace things move at depends on the people involved. Some take their time, while others feel like they don’t need to. I know that we haven’t known each other for a year, but to me, it feels like I have known you my entire life. I’ve shared some of my darkest secrets with you, I’ve laughed with you, I’ve even cried with you. You’ve seen me at my best, and at my worst, and you are still here. But most importantly, I feel that you are the one person on this planet that truly gets me. That doesn’t see me as some monster.” Lysandros says. “Rebecca doesn’t see you as a monster.” Clara notes. “I’m not counting Rebecca because she is family. You were an outsider when we met. Sure, at first, you hated me because of my reputation, but you eventually gave me your attention, something that no one else in my entire life has ever done for me before. I will admit it, that I hadn’t planned on proposing tonight, hence the fact that I don’t have a ring to put on your finger if you say yes, but, everything that has happened with V.J has reminded me that life is far too short to waste any time. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Clara, and I want the rest of our life together to start today.” Lysandros says. “You can get up off of your knee, now.” Clara tells him. Lysandros stands up. “So, are you gonna say yes?” Lysandros asks. “I...I don’t know what to say.” Clara reveals.

FANTASTIC HOSPITAL, ROOFTOP
*Serena is standing at the edge, looking out at the bright city lights. Lydia comes up behind her. “Hey, sis.” Lydia says. Serena turns around. “Where’s Lucas?” Serena asks. “Lucas went home. I told him that I wanted some alone time with you. How are you feeling?” Lydia asks. “Like a building fell on my heart. I...I never thought it was possible to feel this much pain.” Serena says, fighting back tears. Lydia nods. “I know what you mean. I went through the same thing when Dylan died. The pain of losing the one person you love more than anything in this world...its unbearable.” Lydia says. “Try losing them on your wedding day.” Serena notes. “It might not have been my wedding day, but I still lost him on a day that was supposed to be happy. Christmas. I remember the sadness that overwhelmed me...I could barely even get out of bed in the morning. The only thing that kept me going was my desire for revenge on whoever killed him.” Lydia says. “I’ll never get the chance to get revenge on the person who killed V.J, because the killer is dead.” Serena says. “Its for the best. If the killer was still alive, who knows what you would’ve done. Probably what I wanted to do to Kadmos for what he did to Dylan.” Lydia says. “I just don’t understand why this is happening. What have I done to deserve this?” Serena asks. “You haven’t done anything wrong, and don’t you dare think otherwise! Its just...sometimes, bad things happen to good people. It isn’t to punish their loved ones, it just...happens. The best thing you can do is to try and stay strong, not just for yourself, but for your children. Brad and Orpheus need their mother, especially with their fathers both being gone.” Lydia says. “I know, but...it isn’t going to be easy. I cant just fake smile and pretend like the death of the love of my life isn’t bothering me. Because it is! Its bothering me A LOT! And I don’t know if I can get through this!” Serena says, before she starts to cry. Lydia wraps her arms around a sobbing Serena.

KING BEAST PLAZA, COMMON AREA
*Ciara and Sabrina are walking through. “That isn’t how I expected the day to end.” Ciara says. “Mom, I am so sorry. I know that you and Uncle V.J were close.” Sabrina says. Ciara smiles. “Yeah, we were. We weren’t always, though. I’m sure I’ve already told you this about a million times, but I used to be a rebellious brat. And on top of that, I was a con woman. Nice combination, huh? Anyway, turns out that criminals and cops don’t get along well. Who would’ve thought? V.J never approved of the way I was living my life, and who could blame him? I was manipulating innocent people, and then stealing their valuables.” Ciara notes. “Yeah, but the two of you eventually patched things up, right? You turned your life around, and you and Uncle V.J became close.” Sabrina says. Ciara smiles. “He was the best brother I ever could have asked for. Its strange how perfect he was, though. Your grandparents raised two royal screw ups in me and your Uncle Brady, yet somehow, they got it right with V.J. He was the first born, so it isn’t as if they learned to be better parents from the children before him, because there were none. I will never understand where my parents went wrong with me and Brady, yet they somehow ended up with the perfect son in V.J.” Ciara says. “They got lucky?” Sabrina asks. “I suppose luck is the only logical explanation.” Ciara says. “Mom, don’t worry about it. Yeah, you have a shady past, but you turned things around, and Uncle V.J loved you for it.” Sabrina says. “Your uncle always loved me. Even when he hated the person I was and the career I chose, he still loved me. He was the nicest man I have ever met, and there will NEVER be another one like him.” Ciara says. Ciara’s phone begins to ring. “Kinda late to be getting phone calls, isn’t it?” Sabrina asks. Ciara pulls out her phone. “Who is it?” Sabrina asks. Ciara raises an eyebrow. “Its my boss at the WPA.” Ciara reveals!

FANTASTIC HOSPITAL, CHAPEL
*Andy is sitting next to Rebecca, as she prays. “Please God, look after V.J, and take good care of him. Not only was he one of my finest detectives, but he was also one of the finest men I have ever met. Amen.” Rebecca says. Andy pats an upset Rebecca on the back. “How dare you.” A voice says. Andy and Rebecca stand up, and face the doorway, only to find Victor standing in it! “Victor...” Rebecca says. “What, are you hoping that praying to God will give you some kind of redemption?” Victor asks. “She isn’t looking for redemption.” Andy says. “As she shouldn’t be! She doesn’t deserve redemption, not after getting my precious son killed!” Victor yells!

GOO CASTLE, GARDEN
*”Why the hesitation? Is it because its too soon? If that is the case, I completely understand. Just because I am ready to take things to the next step, doesn’t mean you are.” Lysandros notes. “It isn’t that...well, that might be a minor factor in what is making me indecisive, but that is hardly the reason why I don’t know how to respond.” Clara says. “Then what is?” Lysandros asks. “I’ve been married before, Lysandros.” Clara says. “Right, to Mark Raymond. I know that things ended badly between the two of you when he chose Kristina and you wanted to pay him back, does that have something to do with it?” Lysandros asks. “When I finally tracked Mark down, and I decided I wanted to get back with him, I really looked for anything I could to justify my reason for chasing after him. In my head, I had painted this perfect picture of what our relationship was like, but our relationship wasn’t like that at all. The only reason that I even went chasing after Mark was because I was desperate to be loved.” Clara says. “What was your relationship with Mark like? You never have talked too much about him.” Lysandros notes. “There is a reason for that. My time with Mark was a very stressful time in my life. Not just when I found out that he was here in Fantastic City, living with Kristina, but before he disappeared, too.” Clara says. “You don’t have to talk about it if it makes you feel uncomfortable.” Lysandros says. “It does make me uncomfortable, but, you have the right to know what my relationship with Mark was like. To be frank, it was...complicated. We fought a lot, we often had differences of opinion. Honestly, I don’t know why we stayed together for as long as we did. I know why I stayed with Mark, because I didn’t want to be alone. But Mark...I don’t know why he stayed with me. Maybe he was afraid that if he broke my heart, my father would fire him. As you know, my father was a mob boss. Mark was his enforcer, and that is how we met. Mark was working for my father, and we bonded. It was smooth sailing for a while there, until we got married. That is when everything went down hill. We would constantly fight, we never agreed on anything, we quickly discovered that we were two entirely different people. Not long after, Mark disappeared.” Clara says. “Did he just abandon you so that he could go start a life with Kristina?” Lysandros asks. “No, it wasn’t like that. Mark was kidnapped by Andre Stanpatos. Andre had been watching Mark, and he recognized how talented he was in...eliminating problems, of the human variety. So, Andre kidnapped him, gave him a new face, and then brainwashed him, wiping out his memory in the process. I found Mark right after he had the chip that Andre implanted in his brain removed, and that is when I came to Fantastic, and started all of that trouble with Kristina.” Clara says. “Do you regret doing those things?” Lysandros asks. “I regret all of it. I regret that innocent people got hurt because of my obsession, but most of all, I regret that I did all of those things over a man who turned out to be insane. All of that time Mark was standing there, defending his new relationship with Kristina to me, he was plotting to kill her on Dylan Cat’s orders.” Clara says. “Orpheus’ father.” Lysandros notes. “Right. Look, the point I am trying to make here is that the one time I was married, I had a terrible experience.” Clara says. “It happens. In most cases, the hurt party divorces, moves on, and tries again. But, I could understand why you would be skeptical. Look, I just want you to know that I am no Mark Raymond. I might’ve done some terrible things in my life, but I would never do anything to hurt you, directly or indirectly. I love you and respect you far too much for that.” Lysandros says. “I know that, but, you can at least understand why I am being so skeptical.” Clara notes. “Absolutely. You’ve been burnt before, and you are terrified that it will happen again.” Lysandros says. “And it isn’t just my marriage with Mark that has failed miserably, either. Its my relationships in general. Mark, Jack Fulton, Rex Connell, they are just the recent in a long line of relationships that have ended in heartbreak.” Clara says. Lysandros smiles. “Follow me.” Lysandros says. Lysandros takes Clara’s hand, and leads her to a bench. They both sit down, and Lysandros grabs both of Clara’s hands. “I understand your concerns entirely, and I fully intend on addressing them. You have my word that this relationship won’t end in heartbreak like the others, I am going to do everything in my power to make you happy, and to make sure you wake up every day with a smile, and fall asleep with a smile. I promise that I will never deliberately hurt you, or lie to you, or anything like that, because you are far too valuable to risk losing. You are one in a million, Clara McGuire, and I would be a fool to not treat you as such. You have given me a reason to do better, and to want better for myself. Its thanks to you that I am no longer the heartless monster that everyone seems to think I am. Your love and your presence in my life has done more for me than you could ever possibly realize, and I hope to be able to return the favor to you, for the next eternity. So I ask you again, fully prepared to accept whatever answer you give me, Clara McGuire, will you please marry me?” Lysandros asks. Clara squeezes Lysandros’ hands. “After a speech like that, how could I say no?” Clara asks. “You aren’t saying that because you are feeling pressured by me, right?” Lysandros asks. “No.” Clara says. “And you’re not doing it just to shut me up?” Lysandros asks. “No.” Clara says. “I’m hearing a whole lot of nos here. I would really like to hear you say that magic word.” Lysandros says. “Yes.” Clara says. “Can you say it a little louder? I didn’t quite hear you over the sound of my rapid heart beat.” Lysandros says. “Yes, YES! I will marry you!” Clara tells him. Lysandros and Clara stand up, and Lysandros picks her up, and spins her around in a circle, before kissing her! “You just made me the happiest man alive, you do know that, right?” Lysandros asks. “I had no idea. Thank you for telling me, though. It always helps to hear it out loud.” Clara says. “I love you so much.” Lysandros says. “Thank you, I feel the same way about you. In fact, I love you SO much, I am about to do something crazy.” Clara says. “Dare I ask what?” Lysandros asks. Clara stands on the bench, and opens her mouth wide. “MY NAME IS CLARA MCGUIRE, AND I AM MARRYING THE MOST WONDERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD!” Clara screams. Clara looks at Lysandros. “Do you think everyone heard me?” Clara asks. “Well, I think the people in Japan might’ve had a hard time making out what you were saying. Maybe we should take a trip there to clue them in, too.” Lysandros says. “A trip to Tokyo? I would love that.” Clara says. “Hang on. Before we go globe trotting, there is something I want to do first.” Lysandros says. “What’s that?” Clara asks. Lysandros picks Clara up off the bench, and holds her. “I just want to hold you in my arms, and cherish this moment.” Lysandros says. “I’m okay with that.” Clara says. Lysandros kisses her.

FANTASTIC HOSPITAL, ROOFTOP
*”You know, with Dylan Cat dead, V.J was going to step up and be a father to Orpheus. Even though he was biologically Dylan Cat’s, V.J considered him to be his son, too. That’s how wonderful he was. So now, because some dirt bag was trigger happy, my son has to grow up without his father!” Serena says. “Listen, V.J might not be here anymore, but I promise you, we will always make sure that Orpheus knows who his father is.” Lydia says. Serena nods. “I know. It just...it isn’t the same...as having him here.” Serena says. “I know...I am so sorry you have to go through this. After having went through this same kind of situation, I would never wish this kind of pain on anyone, not even my worst enemy. Its one of the worst emotions that a human being could ever experience, one of the worst traumas.” Lydia says. Serena nods in agreement. “I can see that...” Serena says. “Don’t worry, though, you are going to get through this, and I am going to be right by your side through all of it. Me, and everyone else who cares about you. I swear to you, you will get through this.” Lydia says, before pulling Serena into a hug.

KING BEAST PLAZA, COMMON AREA
*”Why is your boss calling?” Sabrina asks. “I have no idea. Hang on, let me see what he wants.” Ciara says. Ciara answers the phone. “Director Spencer, what can I do for you?...Thank you, I appreciate it, my brother will be missed. Is that all you called for? Was to give your condolences?...Oh, what is it?...Well, unfortunately, I’m not really sure when my schedule will permit a trip. With my brother dying, it means that his funeral is going to be coming up soon, and the last thing I want is to miss it. Besides, I think I am going to need to take some personal days, after everything that has happened...thank you for your understanding, and I promise you, I will get there as soon as possible...you too, good night.” Ciara says, before hanging up. “What was that all about?” Sabrina asks. “My boss said that he needs me to come to WPA headquarters in Washington D.C as soon as possible.” Ciara says. “Why?” Sabrina asks. “He wouldn’t tell me. All he was willing to say was that he has a very important mission for me, one that takes top priority within the agency.” Ciara says. “Sounds pretty serious.” Sabrina notes. “Definitely. Under most circumstances, whenever I’m given a case, the director usually sends it to me through an email server.” Ciara notes. “Isn’t that unsafe?” Sabrina asks. “No, not at all. Its a secure server, even the most elite of hackers aren’t able to hack into it. We should know, because the agency has employed some of them to try, in order to test it out. But, as I was saying, it is strange that he would want to meet me in person. It must be a huge case if he isn’t going to send it to me through the server. I wonder what it could be about.” Ciara says. “Or WHO it could be about.” Sabrina says.

FANTASTIC HOSPITAL, CHAPEL
*”Victor, take it easy. Remember that we are in a chapel.” Andy reminds him. “I don’t care where we are! I know what you did, Rebecca. You are the reason that V.J was on that case, YOU are the reason that my son is dead! He would have never been near that shootout if you didn’t put him in the line of fire! You might as well have taken the gun, and shot him yourself because as far as I am concerned, you are EQUALLY as responsible as his killer!” Victor yells. “Hey, BACK OFF!” Andy yells. “Stay out of this you little ingrate! Your wife is an adult, let her speak for herself!” Victor yells. “I know she can speak for herself, but I’m not going to stand here and let you bully her like that! I’m sorry V.J is dead, we all loved him, but his death doesn’t give you the right to talk to Rebecca like that! Cant you see that she is hurting to?” Andy asks. “I don’t give a damn! She is the reason my son is dead in the first place! She doesn’t deserve my sympathy!” Victor yells. Andy goes to attack Victor, but Rebecca holds him back. “Andy, don’t.” Rebecca says. “I’m not gonna let him talk that way to you, Rebecca!” Andy says. “Its alright! I can handle it!” Rebecca assures him. Rebecca turns towards Victor. “You have every right to feel angry with me. I was angry with myself for a while, and I did blame myself for what happened.” Rebecca says. “Oh, but you don’t anymore?” Victor asks. “I regret putting V.J on the case, but I gave him an out.” Rebecca says. “So now you’re blaming V.J?” Victor asks. “I don’t blame anyone but the lowlife who pointed his gun at V.J, and pulled the trigger! Do you want to blame someone for what happened? Blame Alexander Valentin! He’s a former drug dealer who worked for Ricardo Wilson and Gretta Cambino. Even after they were gone, he continued to run drugs, right up until today, where he was fatally shot, but only after he shot your son, and tried to kill two of my other detectives. He is the reason that V.J is dead, and in the end, he got his karma.” Rebecca says. “You really don’t get it, do you? OF COURSE I blame that low life drug dealer, I know that he is the one who killed my son, and that he is the one to blame for his death, but it was YOU who put V.J in his sights, by dropping that case in his lap! So don’t pretend to be all high and mighty when you and I both know that you played a part in my poor son’s death!” Victor yells. “Of COURSE I know that I played a role in V.J’s death! I’m not denying my role in what happened! You’re absolutely right, I did put him in Valentin’s path, and I will be forever sorry for that. But, Andy has helped me realize that I am not solely responsible for what happened, and that I cant keep beating myself up for it. I am going to feel guilty for what happened for the rest of my life, but, at the same time, I recognize that I’m not the one who killed V.J.” Rebecca says. “You make me sick, standing there and acting like you are the perfect commissioner! You made a HUGE mistake by assigning V.J to that case, and that is just the latest in a long list of mistakes you’ve made while being the commissioner. That’s why I fired you when I became mayor, because you weren’t competent enough for the job!” Victor yells. “She was suffering with SEVERE DEPRESSION when you fired her!” Andy yells. “And how would you know that, hm? You weren’t here for that! Your wife had just found out that she was unable to conceive a child, and you were halfway across the world! You didn’t even bother to come home!” Victor yells. “I had no idea what Rebecca was going through until I got home.” Andy notes. “It never would’ve been a problem though if you hadn’t left in the first place.” Victor says. “Andy was on a rescue mission. Dylan was in trouble, and Andy went to go help him. I was never upset or angry with Andy for leaving. I understood why he did it!” Rebecca argues. “Because the two of you have such a perfect marriage! Oh please! A few months before the whole Dylan rescue mission thing, Andy was out of town, and he lied to you about what he was doing. He claimed he was on Moretta Corp business when he was actually on a life threatening mission, which he didn’t tell you about because he didn’t want you to come along because he thought you needed his protection!” Victor yells. “We’re past that! Andy and I see each other as equals now! So, even though we did break up over that, I’d say it made us stronger.” Rebecca says. “I agree.” Andy adds on. “And what about last year? When he hid the fact that Bethany Wilson kissed him, and then hid the fact that your adopted daughter was investigating a SERIAL KILLER for a school report! Maybe if Andy had said something about what Emma was doing, Corey wouldn’t have killed her.” Victor says. “What did you just say?!” An angry Andy asks. “You heard me.” Victor says. All of a sudden, Andy decks Victor! Victor falls to the floor. “Andy, stop!” Rebecca says. “Don’t you ever bring up my daughter again, do you hear me? I don’t even want to hear you mention her name!” Andy yells. Victor stands up. “Emma got lucky when Corey killed her. She didn’t have to stick around and be forced to have the two of you as parents. Poor Ava isn’t gonna be so lucky. She probably would’ve been better off if Brody had taken her away from you when he had the chance.” Victor says. “Get out of my sight, or I cant guarantee that I am not gonna put a huge dent on the other side of your face!” Andy yells. “I don’t plan on staying around you two, I can’t stomach it any longer. And for the record, Rebecca, I hope your guilt eats away at you for the rest of your miserable, sad, pathetic life. Its the least you deserve for what you did to V.J, and to my entire family.” Victor says, before storming out. Andy hugs an upset Rebecca...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum