QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#551 QG 9-28-17

Go down

#551 QG 9-28-17 Empty #551 QG 9-28-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:28 pm

LAKESIDE DINER
*V.J and Serena are sitting at a table, eating breakfast together. "Have I told you how much I love the French Toast here?" V.J asks. "You didn't have to. I kinda figured it out since you ask me to come here everyday." Serena says. "Nice job, Detective Serena. I see you're learning from the pro over here." V.J says. "Not really. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you are obsessed with the French Toast here. Speaking of which, you know you are gonna get sick of it eventually if you keep coming here every morning to have it." Serena notes. "I'm sure that all of this eating out would've left me bankrupt long before then." V.J says. "Is going bankrupt even possible for you? I always figured that the Goo family had an endless stash of money." Serena says. "I could say the same about your family." V.J says. "For the record, I don't use my family's money. I'd much rather make my own money." Serena says. "How is that going, by the way?" V.J asks. "Uh, not so great. Turns out, becoming a world famous singer is a lot harder than I originally thought it would be." Serena says. "Don't worry, you'll get there, eventually. You have the voice of an angel." V.J says. "You're only saying that because you are my fiancé. Oh, speaking of you being my fiancé, that reminds me. We need to talk wedding plans!" Serena says. "Seriously? Just when I was starting to enjoy myself." V.J says. "You don't want to get married?" Serena asks. "I want to get married, I just don't want to plan the wedding. Cant we just elope somewhere?" V.J asks. "It wouldn't be special, then." Serena says. "As long as you are there, it will be special for me." V.J says. "Smooth, but it doesn't change anything. We came here to plan the wedding, and that is exactly what we are going to do." Serena says. "Where to begin?" V.J wonders.

REBECCA'S OFFICE
*Rebecca is overlooking paperwork at her desk, when there is a knock at the door. "Come in." Rebecca says. Jaz walks in. "Yo commish." Jaz says. "Jaz, good morning!" Rebecca says. "Hey, I heard on the news that Gretta Cambino was busted last night. What the hell happened with her?" Jaz asks. "You see Jaz, thanks to some detective work from Don and Josephine, we have Gretta dead to rights on charges of drug trafficking, and thanks to her own stupidity, we were able to add assault, kidnapping, and conspiracy to commit murder to the list of charges." Rebecca says. "Oh wow. She gonna be doin some hard time." Jaz says. "Tell me about it." Rebecca says. "So, what'd you wanna see me about?" Jaz asks. "Uh, have a seat, Jaz." Rebecca says. Jaz sits across from Rebecca. "So, before I called you, I was on the phone with an employee of the FBI. One of their more important, employees, to be exact." Rebecca says. "You mean one of the bosses?" Jaz asks. Rebecca nods. "That's right. Anyway, he called because he was looking for new recruits for the bureau, when your name came up." Rebecca says. "Mine? Why would I be on the FBI's radar?" Jaz asks. "Your role in exposing Mia Goo as the head of the Cambino crime syndicate put your name out there. He said he looked over your resume, and he was impressed. He wants you to join the FBI." Rebecca says. "Oh man, I don't know what to say. You wouldn't mind if I left the force?" Jaz asks. "Don't get me wrong, you are one of the best detectives I have, but, I also wouldn't want to stand in the way of you and an amazing opportunity. So, if you decide to accept the offer from the FBI, I'll be fine with it." Rebecca says. "Cool." Jaz says. "There is a catch to this offer, though." Rebecca says. "Oh boy, do I even wanna know?" Jaz asks. "Probably not, but, I have to tell you. The FBI wants you to work at the Chicago branch, which means that you would have to leave town, probably for good." Rebecca says!

LYDIA'S MANSION
*Lydia walks into the foyer, and opens the front door to Lysandros. "I got your message. You wanted to see me?" Lysandros asks. "Get in here." Lydia says. "Well, someone appears to be in a rush. Do you have somewhere to be?" Lysandros asks. "No, I just want to spend as little time around you as possible. The less time I'm with you, the less likely I am to puke." Lydia says. "I'm sorry you feel that way about me." Lysandros says. "No you're not." Lydia says. Lysandros smiles, and then enters the living room. Lydia follows him. Lysandros picks up a figurine sitting on the end table next to the couch. "I can see why you might find this sort of thing decorative, but once I move in, I'm gonna have to get rid of it. The furniture and the house are a package deal, right?" Lysandros asks. "Hang on, I never said that you were moving in." Lydia says. "You didn't have to. I'm assuming that's why you called me over here, to let me know that you accepted my offer and are willing to give me the house as well as one hundred thousand dollars." Lysandros says. "Let me be clear. You gave me an ultimatum, not an offer. You said that I either let you keep the house and one hundred thousand dollars of the family money, or you keep everything! I'd hardly call that an offer!" Lydia says. "I'm sorry you feel that way. I do wish that you would see this for what it really is." Lysandros says. "And what's that?" Lydia asks. "Me being generous." Lysandros says. Lydia laughs. "You call this being generous?" Lydia asks. "I could keep everything if I really wanted to." Lysandros says. "You're threatening to do just that." Lydia notes. "See, I'm threatening to do it, but I haven't actually done it. A year ago, I would have happily taken everything and left you with nothing. But now, I'm giving you an option." Lysandros says. "So, what changed?" Lydia asks. "I set my priorities straight. I realized that I have no interest in the Masters family estate. Our family empire was built with blood, and the last thing I need is anymore blood on my hands. I don't think that Clara would find that particular image very flattering." Lysandros says. "Ah, I see, so this new, reformed Lysandros Masters is just a way to impress Clara? Does she know that you issued an ultimatum to me?" Lydia asks. "She does. She's just happy that I've decided not to keep everything." Lysandros says. "Yeah, that's real sweet of you not to run off into the night with my birthright." Lydia sarcastically says. "Technically speaking, its my birthright. I am the rightful family heir." Lysandros reminds her. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know." Lydia says. "So, enough chit chat. Have you come to a decision regarding my offer?" Lysandros asks. "I have." Lydia says.

STANPATOS MANSION
*Andre is in the living room, on the phone. "I just opened up this morning's newspaper, and on the front page, it stated that Gretta Cambino has been arrested...well how the hell did that happen?! I made arrangements for her to be flown to Morocco and everything! For her to be apprehended after all I have done to help her...has she been arraigned yet?...Who is the judge?....Yes, I am familiar with Judge Matterson. Alright, the second Gretta Cambino's arraignment is over, contact me. I want to know everything that happens inside that courtroom, to the letter! Do you understand?...Excellent, I'll be in touch." Andre says, before hanging up. "What have you gotten yourself into now?" A voice asks. Andre turns around, and sees Alexios standing in the doorway!

COURTROOM
*Gretta is sitting at the defendant's desk, next to Betty. She looks behind her. "How nice of Lucas to NOT show up." Gretta says. "Lucas told me that he had an important business meeting to attend." Betty states. "More important than his own sister's arraignment?" Gretta asks. "Apparently so." Betty says. "Well, that's real comforting!" Gretta sarcastically says. "I'm not here to cradle your sensitive feelings, I'm here to get you released. At least until your trial." Betty says. "What are my odds?" Gretta asks. "Its hard to say. Judge Matterson is a wild card." Betty notes. "Isn't he the judge that acquitted Lucas after the whole Mia Goo mess?" Gretta asks. "Well, yes, but the difference with that case was that there was a plethora of evidence proving Lucas had been coerced into doing Mia's bidding. You don't have such luxury. Besides, we aren't hoping to get you acquitted today, we're just hoping to have you granted bail." Betty says. "You have to get me granted bail! I cant go to prison! Its more than likely that at least one of the inmates at Jermaine is an old enemy of my brother's, and they will want to use me to make a point to him!" Gretta says. "I'm confident you can defend yourself." Betty says. "I hope you are as confident in your case as you are in my self defense abilities!" Gretta says. Victor enters the courtroom. "Ah, District Attorney Goo, I see you didn't have the decency to put your toupe on, this morning. Face it, honey, NO ONE wants to look at that bald head of yours." Betty says. Victor chuckles. "Joke all you want, Betty, it isn't going to change the fact that your client is about to receive a one way ticket to Jermaine. And in my opinion, it couldn't have happened to a better criminal! Well, I take that back, I'd rather her brother be the one heading to jail. But, I suppose she'll have to do until her loser brother screws up again." Victor says. "Victor, please keep in mind that you and I did strike up a brief friendship last year, when Lysandros had taken our loved ones hostage." Gretta says. "Don't bother trying to manipulate me into going easy on you, it isn't going to work." Victor says, before walking to his desk. "Well, it was a valiant effort." Betty notes. "That pathetic swine, acting as if he is above everyone else. He's a horrible human being!" Gretta says. "Don't let Victor hear you say that." Betty says. "All rise! Judge Matterson is now presiding!" The bailiff says. Gretta, Betty, Victor, and everyone else in the courtroom stand up. Judge Matterson walks in, and sits in his chair. "You may be seated. Today, we are here for the case of the people of Fantastic City vs. Gretta Cambino. Miss. Cambino, you are being charged with drug trafficking, assault, kidnapping, and conspiracy to commit murder. How do you plead?" Matterson asks. Betty turns towards Gretta. "Now is your last chance to change your plea." Betty whispers. "I already told you what my plea is." Gretta whispers back. "Come on, Miss Cambino, I don't have all day." Matterson says. Betty stands up. "My client pleads not guilty, your honor." Betty says. "Most of your clients usually do, Miss Thorne. Okay, moving on, we'll start with the defendant." Matterson says.

LAKESIDE DINER
*"So, lets start with the most important detail. Where are we getting married?" Serena asks. "Uh, how about at Saint Theresa's? That's the church down the street from the station." V.J says. "Sorry, we cant get married there." Serena says. "Why not?" V.J asks. "Because, you cant get married in a church if you've been divorced." Serena notes. "I haven't been divorced. I've never even been married." V.J says. "I'm not talking about you. Remember? I was married to Peter!" Serena points out. "Does that rule apply to all churches?" V.J asks. "I don't know, but I know it applies to Saint Theresa's. Besides, I'm not even catholic. I'm Jewish, remember?" Serena asks. "Sorry, I keep forgetting. Okay, if we don't get married at Saint Theresa's, how about the living room at the castle? Its pretty spacious, spacious enough to hold a room full of people." V.J says. "Its also been overdone." Serena says. "What do you mean?" V.J asks. "Andy and Rebecca got married there, Brady and Kristina got married there, and I'm sure more couples will get married there." Serena says. "We just wont be one of them." V.J says. "I'd rather us get married some place original. Sorry for being so picky." Serena says. "Hey, its your wedding." V.J says. "Yours, too." Serena points out. "Look, I'm fine with whatever we end up deciding. Like I said, as long as you are there, I'm happy. So, I have another idea on where we could get married." V.J says. "Where?" Serena asks. "The garden at the castle! Its beautiful out there, with all of the flowers, and then, when the wedding is over, we could go back into the living room for the reception!" V.J says. "And your sure it would be alright for us to get married there?" Serena asks. "I don't see why not. Like you said, Andy and Rebecca got married at the castle, and so didn't Brady and Kristina. There shouldn't be a problem." V.J says. "Okay, well, I'm fine with it. What about the guest list?" Serena asks. "Well, I'm inviting all of my family, except Acerbi." V.J says. "And I am inviting all of my family, except Lysandros!" Serena says. "Unfortunately, even if you don't invite him, Lysandros might end up coming anyway." V.J says. "Why do you say that?" Serena asks. "Well, I was going to invite Clara, and if she comes, she'll probably bring Lysandros with her." V.J says. "So don't invite her." Serena says. "I cant not invite her! She's family!" V.J says. "Okay, then tell her to leave Satan at home." Serena says. "Look, as long as Lysandros stays away from us, I don't see the big deal." V.J says. "You don't see the big deal? He shot you last year! And then he nearly got us killed when he murdered the pilots on our plane, and when he planted a bomb at the same castle we are planning on having our wedding at! Oh my god. What if he tries to use our wedding as a way to take all of us out?" Serena asks. "I don't think he will." V.J says. "Why are you being so nice to him?" Serena asks. "I still don't like the guy, for all of the reasons you just mentioned. But, when we were trying to get Theo and Tina out of the hospital when Joe Fish sent his men after them, Lysandros was a huge help. As much as I hate to admit it, he had my back. He's also the one who arranged for that helicopter to come pick us up on the roof before the building blew up. If it hadn't been for him, we probably wouldn't be planning a wedding right now." V.J says. Serena rolls her eyes. "I guess you have a point. But, that doesn't mean I have to like him." Serena says. "I don't like him either. But, that doesn't mean I'm not gonna try and tolerate him. Its a small city, we are bound to run into him every once in a while, I'd rather not get into it with him every time we run into each other." V.J says. "Okay, fine. If he shows up at the wedding, I'll try my best to ignore him." Serena says. "That's the spirit, honey." V.J says. "I'm only trying to follow your example, Junior." Serena says. V.J smiles. "So far, you are doing a pretty good job." V.J says. V.J leans in, and kisses Serena.

REBECCA'S OFFICE
*"You cant be serious, I gotta leave town?" Jaz asks. "Believe me, Jaz, I knew you wouldn't like it, which is why I asked if there were any positions available closer to Fantastic." Rebecca says. "I take it there ain't none." Jaz says. "I'm sorry, but no. They need you in Chicago. But, on the plus side, this is a pretty huge opportunity! If you choose to accept it, of course." Rebecca says. "You know, this ole city has come to mean a lot to me. Did ya know that V.J asked me to be his best man? The dude's only known me for about six months, but he wants me to stand up for him at his wedding. If I go to Chicago, I probably wont be able to come to the wedding. And, Ciara..." Jaz says. "What about Ciara?" Rebecca asks. "I was just starting to get to know her. She and I were tight. And, you know, I was just startin to..." Jaz says. "Starting to what?" Rebecca asks. Jaz shakes his head. "It doesn't matter now. Not if I'm gonna be gone." Jaz says. "Jaz, you don't have to take the job." Rebecca says. "I know, I know, but I wanna. You said it yourself, boss lady, this is a big opportunity. I don't wanna let it slip through my fingers." Jaz says. "So you are gonna pass on a possible relationship with Ciara for the job? Are you sure you want to?" Rebecca asks. "Hey, wait a minute, I never said nothin bout no relationship with Ciara." Jaz says. "You didn't have to, Jaz, its written all over your face." Rebecca says. Jaz sighs. "I'm gonna be fine. Besides, I really want this job." Jaz says. "Okay, well, they want you to leave today." Rebecca says. "Are you serious?" Jaz asks. "They said that they'll pay for a hotel room for you, until you can find more permanent living arrangements. But, crime is so bad in Chicago, they need you as soon as possible." Rebecca says. Jaz sighs. "I understand." Jaz says. "Before you go though, maybe you should tell Ciara how you feel." Rebecca says. "What good will that do? Its not like she and I can be together." Jaz says. "Maybe not, but at least she will know how you feel. I think it would be good closure for her. Think about it, while you are packing." Rebecca says. "Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks Commish, and thanks for everything you've done for me." Jaz says. "Thank you! You have been a great asset to the department. So, if you ever find yourself in need of a job again, the door is always open for you to come back." Rebecca says. Jaz smiles. "Thanks. I guess I'll see you around, then." Jaz says. "Bye, Jaz." Rebecca says. Jaz stands up, and walks out...

LYDIA'S MANSION
*"Don't leave me in suspense, niece, what have you decided?" Lysandros asks. "Don't call me your niece. As far as I am concerned, we are family in name only. You are nothing to me." Lydia says. "Have it your way. So, what have you decided?" Lysandros asks. "First, let me just say that I don't feel comfortable giving you anything, after the pain and suffering you've caused me and so many people I care about. But, you aren't really giving me much of a choice. Its either I tell you that you can keep the house and some of the money, or you keep everything. So, with that being said, I agree to your terms. The house and the one hundred thousand dollars is yours." Lydia says. "That's good to know. Its been a pleasure doing business with you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go back to my hotel room and pack." Lysandros says. "Not so fast. I just want to warn you that if you do anything, I mean anything, to screw me over in this deal. If you decide to take even a penny more than I am letting you keep, I will obliterate you, do you understand? By the time I am through with you, your body will be so disfigured, they wont even be able to identify you when you're brought to the morgue. I'm done playing your game, Lysandros. So hear me now, end it here, because if you don't, I will take control of it and I...will...WIN." Lydia growls. "Understood." Lysandros says. Lysandros walks towards the door, but then turns around. "One more thing." Lysandros says. "Oh god, what now?! Are you gonna tell me to be off the premises within the next hour?" Lydia asks. "Not at all. You can take all of the time you need to move out, I'm in no hurry." Lysandros says. "So, what do you want, then?" Lydia asks. "I don't think I ever apologized for what happened in Greece." Lysandros says. "You're apologizing?" Lydia asks. "I used terrible judgment where you, and your friends and family were concerned, and for that, I'm sorry. I was cruel, I was merciless, and I blamed you for events that weren't your doing. I just want you to know that I truly am making an effort to try and become a better person. I also want you to know that you have no reason to fear me. I'm no longer interested in coming after you or anyone else in the family. From now on, pleasing Clara is my number one priority." Lysandros says. "You better hope you are telling the truth, because you do NOT want to mess with me again. You don't want to find out what will happen if you do." Lydia says. "Fortunately for me, I don't intend to find out. Bye, Lydia." Lysandros says, before walking out. Lydia contemplates, once he is gone...

STANPATOS MANSION
*Andre smiles. "Alexios, I didn't realize you were standing there!" Andre says. "Yeah, obviously." Alexios says. "So, how much of that conversation did you hear?" Andre asks. "Enough to know that for some odd reason, you are really invested in the Gretta Cambino case. Why is that?" Alexios asks. "Gretta and I are former business associates, I'm concerned about her well being." Andre says. "When you say the two of you are former business associates, are you talking about the time that the two of you teamed up in Peru to try and get that Goo family heirloom for yourself? Because Bethany told me all about that little adventure, and she said that on the plane ride home, you showed up and took everyone hostage, including Gretta. So, I cant really see why the two of you would be on friendly terms." Alexios says. Andre chuckles. "Water under the bridge." Andre says. "Really?" Alexios asks. "Of course. Gretta and I are both mature adults, capable of putting the past behind us." Andre says. "Does Gretta know that you've decided to put the past behind you?" Alexios asks. "Yes, she and I are both in agreement." Andre says. "What's really going on here?" Alexios says. "I already told you." Andre says. "I know what you told me, and I'm not buying it. Please tell me you weren't somehow involved in whatever Gretta has gotten herself into. What was it? Drug trafficking? I know that our family has been involved in drug trafficking in the past, so did you decide to go back to that old business by teaming up with Gretta and Bethany's father?" Alexios asks. "Of course not! The days of our family trafficking drugs are in the past. Besides, I would never align myself with the likes of Ricardo Wilson. What a sorry excuse for a criminal!" Andre says. "He's dead!" Alexios says. "What? Just because he's dead, that means I cant call him out for the spineless moron he was? If that man were any kind of decent criminal, he wouldn't have left such a huge trail behind him. Its his fault Gretta is in her current predicament." Andre says. "No, its Gretta's fault for committing the crimes. So, are you going to tell me why you are so interested in this case?" Alexios asks. "I already told you." Andre says. "And I already told you I'm not buying it." Alexios says. "That isn't my problem, I'm afraid." Andre says. "I swear to god, Andre, you better not be involved in anything illegal." Alexios says. "I have a pressing engagement I need to go attend. I'll see you later, brother." Andre says, before walking out. Alexios rolls his eyes.

COURTROOM
*Your honor, I ask that my client please be granted bail. I realize, of course, that she would pose a flight risk, due to her vast connections, which is why I recommend that rather than put her in prison, you instead place her under house arrest. An ankle monitor would do well in ensuring that she is unable to leave the house, let alone the country! Of course, you are most welcome to set additional boundaries, and my client would be more than happy to follow them." Betty says, before sitting down. "Very good, Miss Thorne. The prosecution is up next." Matterson says. "Thank you, your honor. The prosecution asks that the defendant be held without bail, and placed in Jermaine Correctional, at least until her trial. While Miss Thorne makes a compelling argument about the ankle monitor making sure she cant leave the house, I feel that it would be too big of a risk." Victor says. "How so?" Matterson asks. "While an ankle monitor might be able to contain the average pedestrian, I don't think it would do a good job in keeping the defendant at her home. She is a mob boss." Victor says. "Objection, your honor! Prosecution is disguising speculation as facts." Betty says. "Sustained. Be careful not to mix up facts and speculation, Mr. Goo." Matterson says. "I apologize your honor, let me rephrase. The defendant is a suspected mob boss, therefore, it is quite possible that she has someone on her payroll who is capable of disabling a device such as an ankle monitor." Victor says. "Objection, your honor, the prosecution is speculating yet again!" Betty says. "Overruled. I'm interested in hearing Mr. Goo speculate, this time. Just don't stray too far into fairytale land, Mr. Goo." Matterson says. "Understood, your honor. Anyway, as I was saying, due to Miss Cambino's suspected ties to organized crime, I feel it would be too big of a risk to allow her out on bail, even with an ankle monitor! It is quite possible that she could have it disabled, and then, flee the country before we are any the wiser! I think we are all in agreement that we don't want that to happen. Therefore, I repeat my request that Gretta Cambino be held WITHOUT bail, noting her suspected ties to organized crime as well as the fact that she is a flight risk to the people around her as grounds for my request." Victor says. "Thank you, Mr. Goo." Matterson says. "Do you need time to think this decision over, your honor?" Betty asks. "That wont be necessary, Miss Thorne, I've already reached a verdict. For the time period between now, and the date of Miss Cambino's trial, I order that she be held at Jermaine Correctional Facility WITHOUT bail! At this moment, a date has not been set for the trial, but, we will arrange a meeting soon so that we can hopefully agree on a date that is satisfactory for all involved. But, for now, I ask that Miss Cambino be brought back to the Fantastic Police Department, until her transfer to Jermaine Correctional Facility can be arranged. Court is dismissed." Matterson says, before standing up, and walking away. "This is an outrage! Cant you change his mind?!" Gretta asks. "I'm afraid not. Don't worry, though. I am going to do my best to try and find a way to get these charges dropped. If I can do that, you hopefully wont need to wait until the trial before you can be released." Betty says. "What good is it going to do? You already told me that the police have a solid case against me. My life is over." Gretta notes. "That remains to be seen. Don't worry, if there is any sort of loophole we can use to get you out of this mess, I will find it." Betty says. The guard comes over to their table. "Come on." The guard says. Gretta stands up, and the guard handcuffs her. He then leads her out of the court...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum