QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#550 QG 9-27-17

Go down

#550 QG 9-27-17 Empty #550 QG 9-27-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:25 pm

STANPATOS MANSION
*Alexios is sitting on the couch, reading the newspaper, with a cup of coffee sitting on the end table, when Bethany comes in. "Hello there." Bethany says. "There's my beautiful girlfriend." Alexios says. "You know, I don't know if I'll ever get used to hearing you call me that." Bethany says. "What? Beautiful?" Alexios asks. Bethany giggles. "No! Girlfriend." Bethany says. "Well, I hope you get used to it, sooner or later, because I am going to be calling you my girlfriend many, many more times." Alexios says. "You better." Bethany says. "So, where have you been?" Alexios asks. "Clara called, she wanted me to meet her at The Ancient Jewel." Bethany says. "And how did that go?" Alexios asks. "Fine, I told her about us, she told me that she and Lysandros are back together." Bethany says. "Oh my god, is she nuts? She knows what that guy is capable of!" Alexios notes. "Yeah, but, I think she is trying to see the best in him, you know, because of her own shady past. And who knows? Maybe he has turned over a new leaf." Bethany says. "Did I seriously just hear you say Lysandros might have actually turned over a new leaf? Who are you, and what have you done with Bethany Wilson?" Alexios asks. Bethany smiles. "I'm too happy to hold grudges right now. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll pass." Bethany says. "The happiness or the not holding grudges?" Alexios wonders. "The holding grudges. You know I don't play well with others, so its only a matter of time before I go back to absolutely hating Lysandros' guts and finding him irredeemable. Not that I don't still hate his guts. Its just that I'm not really finding it in myself to hate on him TOO much right now." Bethany says. "Because you are just so sweet and understanding." Alexios sarcastically says. "Shut up. So, what have you been up to all day?" Bethany asks. "Work. Now that the whole air supply being poisoned crisis is over, I need to try and find a replacement for Kristina, which wont be easy. She was a one of a kind designer." Alexios says. "Well, I'm sure whoever you pick will be a worthy replacement, because you are just that good at what you do." Alexios says. "Okay, I'm really starting to be concerned about how happy and chipper you are. Should I call a doctor and have you examined?" Alexios asks. Bethany walks over to Alexios, and sits on his lap. "I'm just happy! Is that so hard to believe? I'm happy to finally be with you, and not have any dark cloud hovering over us. This is the happiest I've been in a long time, and I want to take the time to enjoy it." Bethany says. "Well, that makes two of us." Alexios says, before kissing Bethany.

NICE PIER
*Adelina is sitting at a table, when Theo jogs by. Theo notices Adelina sitting their, and stops. "Hey Adelina, its good to see you." Theo says. "Hi Theo." Adelina says. "I cant believe how hot it is out here. Given that the season just changed to Fall, you would think that it would start to cool down a little bit." Theo says. "Yeah, well...you know how crazy the weather can be sometimes..." Adelina says. "Yeah. Are you feeling alright? You seem a little down." Theo notes. "Its nothing..." Adelina says. "I don't mean to pry, but, you do know that you can talk to me about anything, right? You and I are friends, and I am here if you need me." Theo says. "I might as well talk to someone about this before my head explodes." Adelina says. "Great. Do you mind if I sit down?" Theo asks. "No, go ahead." Adelina says. Theo sits across from her. "So, what's going on?" Theo asks. "So, do you know how I just found out that my father is Walter Masters?" Adelina asks. "Yes. How are you coping with that, by the way?" Theo asks. "I'm managing. I'm still finding it pretty difficult to grasp though that my mother kept such a huge secret from me, especially since she knew that I had two sisters in town that I didn't even know about. It hurts that she could lie to me like that." Adelina says. "You know that I'm not particularly fond of your mother, for obvious reasons." Theo says. "She has been out to get you for months." Adelina notes. "Right, which is why it should come as a surprise to you that I actually kind of understand why she did what she did. She was concerned about your well being, knowing that your step mother presented a substantial threat to your life. Of course, she never should have slept with a married man to begin with, but, if she hadn't, you wouldn't exist." Theo says. "Are you saying I should forgive her?" Adelina asks. "All I'm saying is that you should give her the benefit of the doubt, and then maybe, you can find it within your heart to eventually forgive her." Theo says. "Well, as it happens, my issues with my mother aren't what's bothering me right now." Adelina says. "Then what is?" Theo asks. "My Uncle." Adelina says. "Victor?" Theo asks. "No, Lysandros." Adelina says. "Your father's brother. Right, I keep forgetting that you are related to him. So, what did Lysandros do to upset you?" Theo asks. "He made me an offer, and I'm not sure if by accepting it, I'm saving my life, or signing it away to him." Adelina says.

THE ANCIENT JEWEL, TERRACE
*"I'm surprised you are still here. I figured you would've had a meeting to go to by now, or something." Lucas says. "Actually, I cleared my schedule for the day so that I could spend it with you." Lydia says. "That was sweet of you. I'm not sure I deserve it." Lucas notes. "You do, trust me. Besides, an entire day devoted to just the two of us has been LONG over due." Lydia says. "I couldn't agree more." Lucas says. Lucas' phone goes off. "Hang on, that could be work. The legal business, not the illegal business that I am no longer a part of." Lucas says. "I never get tired of hearing that." Lydia says. Lucas smiles, and checks his phone. "Its from Betty Thorne." Lucas says. "Is there a problem?" Lydia asks. "She wanted to let me know that she is going down to the police station right now, because Gretta is in some kind of hot water." Lucas says. "What? I didn't know Gretta was in any kind of trouble with the law, did you?" Lydia asks. "She hasn't said anything to me about it. I'm gonna make some calls to see if I can find out what's going on, do you mind?" Lucas asks. "Not at all." Lydia says. Lucas starts dialing numbers.

FANTASTIC POLICE DEPARTMENT
*In the squad room, Josephine hands Don her statement. "Here it is." Josephine says. "Thank you for cooperating, especially given the fact that one hour ago, you were tied to a chair, with the barrel of a gun aimed at your head." Don says. "Its no problem at all. I just want to see that evil woman get what's coming to her." Josephine says. Don notices Betty walk in. "Oh boy." Don says. "Do you think she's here to represent Gretta?" Josephine asks. "I'd be willing to bet my life on it. Figures that she would hire the best defense attorney in town." Don notes. "Wouldn't you, if you were in Gretta's position? She is in some deep-" Before Josephine can finish, Betty walks over to them. "Hello Detective Reynolds, Miss. Acerbi. Its lovely to see the two of you again." Betty says. "Somehow, I doubt you mean that." Don says. "On the contrary! It is always my pleasure to make you and your department look like completely inept idiots! Not that you need my assistance for that. But enough small talk, I'm here to see Gretta Cambino, I'm her attorney." Betty says. "Of course you are. She's in interrogation 1." Don says. "Fabulous. Thank you very much." Betty says, before walking towards the interrogation room. "Do you think there is a chance Gretta could walk?" Josephine asks. "I don't think so. We have a mountain of evidence against Gretta, and we acquired all of that BEFORE she drugged you, kidnapped you, and threatened to kill you. If its possible at all for her to weasel her way out of these charges, it is a very slim chance." Don says. Rebecca comes in. "Hello, its nice to see the two of you in one piece. I hear you've had a pretty exciting day." Rebecca says. "That's one word for it." Josephine says. "So, how is our latest guest doing? Has she said anything incriminating? Anything at all?" Rebecca asks. "No, she refused to talk without her lawyer present." Don says. "Well, that is her right." Rebecca notes. "Doesn't make it any less frustrating. And to make matters worse, Betty Thorne is her lawyer." Don says. "Oh." Rebecca says. "Oh is right. Betty is the best attorney in town, if anyone can get the charges against Gretta dropped, its her." Don says. "I don't know about that. It would take a miracle worker to get those charges dropped." Rebecca says. "In the legal field, that's basically what Betty is, which makes her a huge threat to this case." Josephine says.

*In the interrogation room, Gretta is handcuffed to the desk, now sporting a bandage on her arm from being shot. Betty then enters the room. "Hello Miss Cambino, we meet again." Betty says. "Thank you for coming." Gretta says. "Of course. When a client that pays as well as you do calls, you don't simply ignore it. You are aware that my fees are quite costly, yes?" Betty asks. "I am very well aware. This isn't the first time myself or my family has done business with you, Miss Thorne." Gretta notes. "Very good. Now that all of that is out of the way, lets move on with the case. I've looked over the evidence against you." Betty says. "And?" Gretta asks. "And I only have one question to ask...WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" Betty asks. "Excuse me?!" Gretta asks. "Do you have any idea the kind of hole you have dug yourself? The police have photographic proof of you and the former mayor meeting with a known drug dealer, they have financial records of you paying said drug dealer, and that isn't even including the fact that you DRUGGED and KIDNAPPED the former police commissioner, and then proceeded to point a gun directly at her head, declaring that you were going to kill her!" Betty yells. "Well, that last part is circumstantial, isn't it? Its Don and Josephine's word against mine!" Gretta says. "Lets see, who are the courts going to believe? A well respected Detective, and the former police commissioner, or a known member of the Cambino crime syndicate, not to mention an accused drug lord? I know which one I would believe." Betty says. "Well, you said it yourself, Josephine is the FORMER police commissioner, suggesting that she might've been fired. Maybe you can use that to discredit her." Gretta suggests. "I already thought about that. However, the only reason Josephine no longer holds the job is because she was hit by a car, and presumed dead, and when she returned from the dead, she had already been replaced, and she had no interest in reclaiming the job." Betty says. "Well...what about Don? I hear that he was once accused of killing his wife!" Gretta says. "Well, technically, she wasn't killed, because she later turned up alive, before dying for the second and final time. Besides, it was proven that it was not Don, but his mother, Janice, who tried to kill his beloved wife." Betty says. "What about the time when Josephine shot Kadmos Masters? I read about that online after it happened, the poor man barely survived." Gretta says. "I actually have first hand knowledge on that particular subject, because I represented Josephine when she confessed." Betty says. "She confessed? Then why the hell isn't she rotting in Jermaine?" Gretta asks. "Because, I casted doubt on whether Josephine was in her right mind when the shooting took place. I argued that she only shot Kadmos as the result of the mental conditioning she was placed under by her grandfather." Betty says. "She went free because you claimed she was brainwashed?!" Gretta asks. "That's right." Betty says. "Cant you use that argument with me?" Gretta asks. "I could, but it wouldn't be very convincing. You see, Miss Cambino, when I used that argument to defend Josephine, there was actual proof that her grandfather did in fact plant a chip in her brain, which he used to control her mind, and since the chip was in her brain when she shot Kadmos Masters, I was able to prove that she very well could have acted that way because of the conditioning. I'll tell you what, rather than you attempting to come up with ways to discredit the witnesses, why don't you instead leave the legal work to me? After all, if you plan to come up with your own defense, you might as well have represented yourself, rather than paying such a large amount of money for my services." Betty says. "So how do you suggest I get out of this mess, counselor?" Gretta asks. "I have an answer to your question, but I'm afraid your not going to like it. You need to plead guilty." Betty says!

STANPATOS MANSION
*Bethany is curled up on the couch, with her arms wrapped around Alexios. "As nice as this is, it probably isn't a good idea since Andre could walk in at any moment, and I doubt he would be a fan of us cuddling on his couch." Alexios says. "Don't worry about it, I'm sure Andre would be cool with it. He likes me." Bethany says. "You are probably the only person that he does like." Alexios says. "Yeah, its kinda weird, because the first time I met him, he pulled a gun on me." Bethany says. "At least he didn't try to frame you for his murder, like he did with me. But, then again, Rebecca was the one who came really close to going down for it. I was just a suspect." Alexios says. "But you've forgiven him?" Bethany asks. "Yeah, he's proven that he isn't as crazy and outlandish as he used to be. I mean, he could still improve a lot. But...he's tolerable, now. Besides, he and Rebecca are the only family I have left, so I want to try and cherish them." Alexios says. "I guess that's something we have in common. I don't really have much family left either. My brother and my father are dead, my mother and I barely talk, which leaves just Brad. Lucky him, right?" Bethany says. "Don't talk like that. Brad loves you. Your the cool auntie." Alexios says. "Yeah, I kinda am, aren't I? You know, its amazing, I just came to town because I wanted to get to know my nephew, I didn't expect to actually form a bond with him, or to meet you, or to develop feelings for you. This is the first time in my life where I actually feel like I belong." Bethany says. "Really?" Alexios asks. "Yeah. Growing up, I wasn't really close with anyone, not even my Mom, and I didn't really have much, so, there was nothing really keeping me there." Bethany says. "Nothing at all?" Alexios says. "Well...there was someone." Bethany says. "Who? An ex?" Alexios asks. "Nobody you need to worry about." Bethany says. "I'm not worried. We all have a past. I have plenty of exes, too, just like I'm sure you do." Alexios says. "I've dated my fair share of people, but only one of them was ever worth mentioning." Bethany says. "Okay, should I be worried?" Alexios asks. "No, no, of course not. I only have eyes for you. Besides, this person was a high school fling, that's it. We had a connection, but we decided to mutually end the relationship, it happens. And, I am happy that it did happen, because if it didn't, I never would've met you." Bethany says. "Well, for the record, this guy was a fool to let you go." Alexios says. Bethany nervously smiles. "I was a mess back then, so, I think they made the right decision." Bethany says.

NICE PIER
*"So, I come home earlier, and Lysandros is just standing there in the living room, waiting for me." Adelina says. "Did Lucas or someone else let him in?" Theo asks. "No! He told me himself that he picked the lock!" Adelina says. "He must've been desperate to talk to you." Theo says. "I don't know about desperate, but he definitely wanted to see me. He offered to hide me from my father's wife." Adelina says. "Seriously?" Theo asks. "Yeah. According to him, he has safe houses all over the world, ones which would keep me hidden from Madeline so that she would never be able to come after me." Adelina says. "I'm sure Lucas has safe houses as well, couldn't you just ask him for help if you really needed it?" Theo asks. "That's what I said, but Lysandros said that he is the only person who knows Madeline well enough to stay one step ahead of her. Apparently, before he showed up last years, with guns blazing, literally, he had been watching Madeline for years, observing her behavior and how she thinks. Which makes sense, because from what I hear, Lysandros is REALLY smart. He knows how to play people, he knows how to manipulate situations, but most importantly in this particular case, he knows how to stay at least five moves ahead of his opponent." Adelina says. "So, do you think his offer to you is sincere?" Theo asks. "Its difficult to say. Keep in mind that this is the same man who kidnapped and tried to kill Serena, Lydia, and Orpheus, and the man who shot Brad and left him unable to walk for months. So, to say he wont be winning uncle of the year anytime soon would be a bit of an understatement. But, according to him, he sees me different, because we were both born out of affairs, and we were both never supposed to exist, but we do." Adelina says. "He actually said that to you?" Theo asks. "Almost word for word. And, you know, I can almost believe him. If he really wanted me dead, he could've told Madeline years ago that Walter had a daughter with another woman, and she would've been on the first flight to Fishkit City to slit my throat. But, he kept it to himself, as a way to stick it to Madeline and to protect me, according to him." Adelina says. "Well, I think all of this begs the question, what do you want to do?" Theo asks. "What SHOULD I do?" Adelina asks. "That isn't a question you should be asking. This is your decision to make, and yours alone. Don't let any outside source influence your train of thought." Theo says. "Well, if you wont give me answers, at least give me guidance so I know one way or the other, I'm not making a big mistake." Adelina says. "The only guidance I can give you is just to advise you to follow your heart. Because, in the end, your instincts will tell you exactly what you must do, and if anyone should trust their instincts, its you. You have some of the best I've ever seen." Theo says. Adelina smiles. "Thank you, and I'm sorry for being a burden." Adelina says. "You could never be a burden. Besides, I was happy to help. In any case, I should really be going." Theo says. Theo and Adelina stand up. "Okay, but, in case I don't see you again, I just want you to know that you have been the best friend a girl could ask for. You have been there a lot for me over the last several months, despite the fact that my mother has been horrible to you, and I'm really grateful for that." Adelina says. "For the record, I don't hold you responsible for your mother's actions. I hold you responsible for yours, and from what I've seen, I have no reason to be upset with you." Theo says. "Yeah, well, I'm no angel." Adelina says. "None of us are. Our flaws, mistakes, and imperfections are what make us human." Theo says. "True. If I decide to take Lysandros up on his offer, I am really going to miss you." Adelina says. "I'll miss you, too. You mentioned that I've been a really good friend to you over the past few months...but I was only returning the favor. You have been amazing to me since the day we met, even when I was at my lowest, and for that, I can never repay you." Theo says. Adelina's eyes fill with tears. "Can I have a hug?" Adelina asks. Theo smiles. "Of course." Theo says, before he and Adelina hug.

THE ANCIENT JEWEL, TERRACE
*"Alright, thanks." Lucas says, before hanging up the phone. "That was an old informant I had at the Fantastic P.D." Lucas says. "You still have spies at the police department?" Lydia asks. "No, but this guy is also a friend, so he was willing to give me information on Gretta's case." Lucas says. "What did he say?" Lydia asks. "Gretta is being held on drug trafficking charges, as well as assault, kidnapping, and conspiracy to commit murder." Lucas says. "What?!" A shocked Lydia asks. "I'm not gonna lie to you, I knew about the drug trafficking." Lucas says. "Oh my god, don't tell me you were involved." Lydia says. "No, no, of course not, my family never trafficked drugs." Lucas says. "Apparently, Gretta is a different story." Lydia says. "Gretta wasn't using my family's business to do it, though. She teamed up with Ricardo Wilson last year, and the two of them started trafficking drugs. The only reason I haven't said anything was because I didn't want to betray my sister's trust." Lucas says. "That's understandable. As wrong as drug trafficking is, if I found out that Serena was doing it, and I hope she never does, I would probably want to protect her. Family comes first." Lydia says. "I'm glad you aren't angry." Lucas says. "You easily could've told me that this is the first you've heard of it, but instead, you were honest and told me that you've known about the drug trafficking for months. I'm just happy you were honest with me. So, what are the other charges about?" Lydia asks. "According to my informant, Don Reynolds has been investigating Gretta, and he somehow got his hands on a photo that Mia Goo had of Gretta and Wilson meeting with a known drug dealer, as well as financial records proving that Gretta paid him." Lucas says. "Why did Mia have all of that?" Lydia asks. "That's the ammunition she made me use against Ricardo to help convince him to let me have the castle demolished. I'm assuming she probably used the picture to blackmail him into helping Vincent Stevens escape police custody, too." Lucas says. "Okay, so, back to the topic at hand. I'm willing to bet that Gretta found out Don was on to her, and retaliated." Lydia says. "That's one word for it. She drugged Josephine Acerbi, dragged her to a warehouse, and then planned to shoot her right in front of Don. Luckily, Josephine managed to undo the ropes and get the jump on Gretta, giving Don the chance to shoot her." Lucas says. "Gretta was shot? Is she alright?" Lydia asks. "She was only shot in the arm. She's fine. Not that it matters, her life is effectively over, anyway." Lucas says. "Do you want to go see her?" Lydia asks. "I need some time to figure out what I am going to say to her, first. In the meantime, I think I'll spend some more time with you." Lucas says. "Are you sure?" Lydia asks. "Positive. There is no other way I would rather spend my day than with you." Lucas says. Lucas leans in, and kisses Lydia.

FANTASTIC POLICE DEPARTMENT
*"I don't think you need to worry. The two of you have done a fine job at building a case against Gretta. Speaking of which, are you sure you don't want to come back to the force, Josephine? Because all of the detective work you've done has only reminded me what a great Detective you are." Rebecca says. "Thank you for the offer, but I'm gonna have to pass." Josephine says.. "Very well. Anyway, I have some paperwork I need to go handle on the case. I'll touch base with the two of you, later." Rebecca says. "Alright, Commissioner." Don says. "Bye, Rebecca." Josephine says. Rebecca smiles, before walking out. "Rebecca is right, we need to try and not worry so much. Gretta isn't going to get away with everything she did." Josephine says.

*"Plead guilty? Are you mad?! I cant do that!" Gretta says. "Well, you are most welcome to fight the charges! But if you do, I can only imagine that the judge will hand out an even harsher sentence than he would if you would just own up to what you did." Betty says. "I kidnapped a former police commissioner, and planned to kill her, not to even mention the drug trafficking! There really isn't any kind of lighter sentence for me! If I plead guilty, I am going to be sentenced to life, no question!" Gretta says. "Not necessarily. With your permission, I could perhaps throw your former business partner, the deceased mayor, under the bus, and claim that he strong armed you into working with him. After all, it isn't as if he is alive to contradict that statement." Betty notes. "Given my recent luck, I'd imagine that as soon as you give that argument to the judge, Ricardo would stroll into the courtroom, alive and well, and make it crystal clear that I was a willing participant." Gretta says. "Oh come on, you don't actually believe in people coming back to life, do you? This isn't The Walking Dead." Betty says. "You just got through telling me how Don's wife came back from the dead!" Gretta points out. "Okay, maybe so, but, it isn't that common." Gretta says. "Oh please, more than half of this city's population has been thought to be dead, at one time or another. Look the bottom line is, I'm pleading not guilty. Your job is to find some sort of loophole to get these charges dropped." Gretta says. "I'll try my best, but in all honesty, it would take an act of god to help you at this point. But, in the meantime, we should focus on your arraignment, rather than your trial. I've already spoken to the judge, and you will be arraigned tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I can get you released on bail. But, if not, I'm afraid you'll be sent to Jermaine until your trial." Betty says. "Jermaine? I cant go there!" Gretta yells. "I'm afraid you might not have a choice. Anyway, I have other clients to see, but I will be here first thing in the morning so that we may discuss my strategy for your arraignment. Try not to oversleep." Betty says. "Considering I'll be sleeping in a jail cell, I don't think I'll be sleeping much at all." Gretta says. "Don't talk like that. Standing before the judge tomorrow with dark circles under your eyes would be SO unflattering. And as for your current living quarters, just remember that they are much worse at Jermaine. So, try and be on your best behavior in between now, and your trial. In other words, don't do anything that will dig yourself a deeper hole. Good night." Betty says, before walking out. Gretta sighs, and shakes her head. "Who am I kidding? There isn't anything Betty can do to help me. My life is over..." Gretta says.

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum