QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#549 QG 9-26-17

Go down

#549 QG 9-26-17 Empty #549 QG 9-26-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:22 pm

THE ANCIENT JEWEL
*Bethany joins Clara at her table. "Sorry to keep you waiting. Traffic was a lot of fun today." Bethany sarcastically says. "Not a problem." Clara says. "So, what's going on? Why did you want me to come by?" Bethany asks. "Cant a friend just want to see her other friend?" Clara asks. "Uh, yeah, I guess, but I have a feeling that there is more to it than that." Bethany says. "Someone needs to take those X-ray goggles away from you, because as usual, you can see right through me." Clara says. "Spill. What's going on?" Bethany asks. "Lysandros and I are back together." Clara says. "Oh." Bethany says. "Oh? Don't sound so happy about it, Beth." Clara sarcastically says. "Oh come on, you know how I feel about that...that man. And, for good reason!" Bethany says. "You have every right to hate him, and for the record, I hate what he did to you. Taking you hostage at gunpoint while you were struggling with PTSD, which was caused by a previous shooting, was definitely NOT okay. But, I really feel like he is trying to change. Or, at least stop killing people." Clara says. "Aw, that's real generous of him." Bethany sarcastically says. "You are entitled to hate him, just like I am entitled to believe that he isn't the monster everyone seems to think he is. At least, not anymore. The way he acted when Joe Fish poisoned the town proved to me that he isn't as evil as everyone thought." Clara says. "That's hardly proof. Joe poisoned him, too. Lysandros was just acting in his own best interest." Bethany says. "I don't think he was. I think he was also trying to look out for other people." Clara says. Bethany sighs. "Whether Lysandros is being genuine or not, I'm just happy that you are happy. Your happiness is all that matters. I just hope you know what you are getting yourself into with him." Bethany says.

LUCAS' LAKE HOUSE
*Adelina opens the front door, and finds Lysandros sitting on the couch! "What in the world?" Adelina wonders. "Sorry for just letting myself in. I knocked, no one answered, so I picked the lock." Lysandros says. "Where are Don and V.J? They were here when I left!" Adelina says. "V.J left right as I was pulling in. As for Don, I have no idea where he could be. What were the police doing here, anyway? Have you gotten yourself into some kind of trouble?" Lysandros asks. "I'm not the only person who lives here." Adelina reminds him. "Oh yeah, that's right. This is Lucas' house, but his sister lives here as well. So, which Cambino sibling is in hot water with the law?" Lysandros asks. "None of your business!" Adelina says. "Sorry I asked." Lysandros says. "What are you even doing here? And, if you expect me not to call the police, your reason for coming better be pretty good." Adelina says. "I cant make any promises, but, I can certainly hope that my reason for being here is approved by you." Lysandros says. "Stop wasting my time and tell me what you are doing here." Adelina says. "You do have that Masters fire. You are definitely part of the family. Enough about that, though, you are right, I have wasted far too much of your time. I came to make you an offer, one which would be in your best interest not to refuse." Lysandros says.

THE ANCIENT JEWEL, TERRACE
*Lucas and Lydia are seated at a table. "I really like this new terrace. Its nice to be able to look out at the whole city." Lydia says. "Yeah, its just this particular seating is far more expensive than just sitting inside." Lucas says. "I already told you that if you needed me to, I could cover part of the bill. All of it, if I need to." Lydia says. "No, that isn't necessary." Lucas says. "Are you sure? You just started fresh with a new business, you should make sure that that is going well before you go blowing money." Lydia says. "I'd rather go bankrupt than not treat you like the queen you are." Lucas says. "The best part about that is, I believe you. I know how much you love me. And, I hope you know that I love you just as much." Lydia says. "I know you do. There was never any question in my mind. Unfortunately, I cant say the same about you." Lucas says. "Lucas, no matter what was going on, I knew that you loved me." Lydia says. "But I was making it difficult for you to love me." Lucas notes. "Well, that's just how love works. It is difficult. Couples experience rough patches, it happens all of the time. Fortunately, we rose above it." Lydia says. "We went through more than a rough patch. I lied to you several times, I even made you think I was dead." Lucas says. "Water under the bridge. I don't want to think about any of that anymore. I just want us to focus on our future, together. Things are going better than they ever have been for us, and I just want to take a few moments to enjoy it." Lydia says. "Before the chaos starts?" Lucas asks. "No! There is not going to be any chaos! Not anymore. Yes, we are going to experience more rough patches, I'm sure, but, as long as we stand by each other's sides, everything is going to be just fine." Lydia says. "As long as I have you by my side, things will always be just fine." Lucas says. Lucas leans in, and kisses Lydia.

WAREHOUSE
*"Put the gun down, Gretta." Don says. "Why do you even bother saying that? Tell me, when you have been in the middle of a hostage situation before, and you ordered that the hostage taker put the gun down, has it worked? No? Didn't think so." Gretta says. "I'm saying it to you because you are more reasonable than most people who pull stunts like this." Don says. "Flattery will get you no where, Detective." Gretta says. "I mean it. You aren't crazy like some of the criminals I've dealt with." Don says. "Do you mean like your mother?" Gretta asks. "You also aren't stupid. You know that there are two ways this can end. One, you put the gun down and surrender quietly. Two, you go down in a hail of gunfire." Don says. "Its only you, so I would hardly call it a hail of gunfire." Gretta says. "You get the point, though." Don says. "I do, and to be completely honest with you, Don, I'm not afraid of dying." Gretta says. "But you are afraid of prison, which is why you went through all of this trouble." Don says. "No, I went through all of this trouble for REVENGE. You have been out to get me since the day Ricardo died, for no apparent reason." Gretta says. "No apparent reason? YOU WERE TRAFFICKING DRUGS!" Don yells. "I LEFT THAT LIFE BEHIND ME! After Lucas' supposed death, I put all of that behind me." Gretta says. "That doesn't change all of the lives you probably destroyed. You know what the worst part is? I bet some of those lives you destroyed belonged to kids. How many teenagers do you think overdosed on the drugs you sold? How little kids became orphans when their parents overdosed on the drugs you sold?" Don asks. "I never meant to hurt anyone, I really didn't. It-it was Ricardo's operation, I was just the figure head." Gretta says. "Don't give me that! You were a willing participant in the drug ring! No matter how you try to spin this, you are equally as responsible as Ricardo was. If you are truly sorry for the damage you caused, you'll surrender yourself." Don says. "I-I cant do that. I have a plane waiting, and once my business has concluded here, I'll be able to leave this wretched city behind me, for good." Gretta says. "You're not going anywhere." Don says. "And who's going to stop me? You?! I've taken your little girlfriend prisoner, and if you try to make a move on me, I will be more than happy to kill her." Gretta says. "If you harm one hair on her head, you wont make it out of this alive. I promise you that." Don says. "Your memory must not be that great. I just got through telling you that I don't care if I die! Just as long as I get my revenge on you. You ruined my life, you and you alone." Gretta says. "If you actually believe that, you are even more deluded than I imagined. I didn't force you to traffic drugs, you decided to do that all on your own. So, the next time you look for someone to blame for your awful life, look in the mirror, assuming your jail cell even has one." Don says. Josephine begins to wake up. "Oh, would you look at that! Sleeping beauty has awakened! I gave her a special sedative to knock her out, initially. So, she wont need to worry about having a huge bump on her head tomorrow morning, not that she'll be alive tomorrow morning." Gretta says. "Are you alright?" Don asks. Josephine nods. "I'm fine." Josephine says. "See? She's fine! For the time being, that is. You see, Detective, the reason I called you here, was so that I could force you to watch your precious Josephine die." Gretta says. "You cant be serious." Don says. "I'm deadly serious! You've already lost everyone else you care about. Your wife was murdered, your son was murdered, your mother is locked away in an institution, and now, the only person in the world that you consider a friend is going to meet her maker. Soon, you will know exactly how it feels to be all alone." Gretta says. "If you are going to shoot me, hurry up and get it over with." Josephine says. "Josephine, no." Don says. "Well, someone is in a rush! I take it that you are the kind of person to just rip the bandage off, rather than prolong the inevitable? That's lovely! All the more reason to move this along." Gretta says. "Gretta, please...don't. Do you want to leave? Fine, I'll let you walk out of here. Just don't hurt Josephine." Don says. "That's a lovely sentiment, but I've made my choice. You are just going to have to live with it." Gretta says. Gretta aims her gun at Josephine's head. All of a sudden, Josephine jumps out of the chair, and attacks Gretta! Josephine and Gretta fight over Gretta's gun, as Don aims his in their direction. Don then fires a shot!

THE ANCIENT JEWEL
*"So, how are things going between you and Alexios?" Clara asks. "Pretty good, actually. We were honest with each other about our feelings, and...we're a couple, now." Bethany says. "Oh my god! That's amazing! I'm so happy for you, Bethany." Clara says. "Thank you." Bethany says. "Let it be noted that the two of you getting together has been a long time coming." Clara says. "Yeah, I know. But, all of that longing for each other paid off, in the end. Alexios and I are together, and now its just smooth sailing." Bethany says. "Except for living in the same house as creepy Andre. The two of you seriously need to find your own place." Clara notes. "Well, Alexios owns a townhouse, but...living with Andre isn't actually that bad. I actually kinda like him." Bethany says. "Excuse me for prying, but didn't Andre ALSO take you hostage a while back?" Clara asks. "I know what you are trying to do, and it isn't going to work. Yes, Andre and Lysandros did the same thing to me. But, Andre saved my life a few months later when Brody kidnapped me. He proved to me that he is different. Besides, that stuff in Peru is the last shady business that Andre has been involved in." Bethany says. "That you know of." Clara says. "If Andre was involved in anything else nefarious, we would know about it. He isn't exactly shy about committing crimes and letting everyone know that he committed them." Bethany notes. "Or maybe it is all part of his big, evil plan. I'm kidding, by the way." Clara says. "Okay." Bethany says. "But, I do want you to be careful. I haven't been in town nearly as long as Andre has been around, but I've heard stories. I know he did a lot of bad stuff to my brother Andy, along with the rest of my family, both sides of my family." Clara says. "I want you to be careful, too. Make sure you aren't making a big mistake with Lysandros. He might seem sweet and charming, but deep down is a vicious sociopath that would break you in two if you crossed him." Bethany says. "I know what I'm doing, I swear." Clara says. "I hope so. Well, I've gotta get going. It was really nice seeing you." Bethany says. "You too. Tell Alexios I said hi." Clara says. "I will. Tell Lysandros I said drop dead." Bethany says. "Ha ha. Bye." Clara says. Bethany smiles, before walking out.

LUCAS' LAKE HOUSE
*"We haven't even been talking for five minutes and already I couldn't care less about what you have to say." Adelina says. "Well, you might want to get interested. Your life could depend on it." Lysandros says. "Did you just threaten me? You do realize that I live with Lucas Cambino, right? He might be out of the mob, but he still has connections." Adelina says. "Don't bother calling Lucas, I'm not here to threaten you, I'm here to warn you." Lysandros says. "About what?" Adelina asks. "Madeline Masters. I'm assuming you are familiar with her." Lysandros says. "She's Lydia and Serena's mother." Adelina says. "That's right. She also happens to be Walter's wife. Did you know that she was Walter's wife when you were conceived?" Lysandros asks. "Thank you SO much for reminding me that I am the result of an affair." Adelina says. "Don't feel bad. I was the result of an affair as well." Lysandros says. "Is this the part where we exchange sob stories?" Adelina asks. Lysandros smiles. "No. I'm just here to warn you that Madeline probably isn't too happy to know that Walter had a kid with another woman, and I would imagine that she knows by now. And if she doesn't, she'll know soon enough." Lysandros says. "So how did you relay the news to her? Did you text her? Send her a letter via pigeon? Or maybe you called her?" Adelina asks. "I didn't say a word to Madeline, I wouldn't help that psychotic viper if my life depended on it. I hate that woman with a fiery passion, and the last thing I want to do is put you in any kind of danger from her." Lysandros says. "Because you have always been so protective of your relatives in the past." Adelina sarcastically says. "You're different. You and I share a common trait, that we were never meant to exist. We were both accidents, and we were forced to live with the consequences because of it. You being shipped foster home to foster home, before finally ending up with Donghua Cat. Me being forced to live with my physically abusive stepfather, before being shipped to Greece to live with my emotionally abusive biological father. Although we had never met, I felt more of a connection with you than I did with the rest of my family, which is why I never exposed your paternity, because I didn't want Madeline to kill you. Think about it. I've known for a very long time that you were a Masters, and I didn't say a word because I wanted to protect you from harm. After all, I wasn't the one who revealed the truth to you. Sonia Mergeron did." Lysandros says. "You threatened to reveal the truth, though." Adelina notes. "That's all it was, threats. I had leverage that I thought I could use over your mother someday, so every opportunity I got, I reminded her that I knew who your biological father was. I never planned on exposing the truth, but your mother didn't know that." Lysandros says. "And what exactly did you hope to gain from my mother?" Adelina asks. "I don't know. Maybe some clout at the hospital, or something along those lines. It doesn't matter anymore, anyway. The truth is out." Lysandros says. "Indeed it is. We are drifting off topic. You were talking about Madeline." Adelina says. "Sorry about that. As I was saying, Madeline is a real threat to you, Adelina, one that you shouldn't ignore. I don't know if anyone has told you this, but she is the reason my brother Walter is dead." Lysandros says. "What happened?" Adelina asks. "She caught him flirting with another woman, the two went back to his hotel room, and she stabbed him. This all happened right here in Fantastic City. In fact, I believe the woman he was flirting with was your aunt, Queen Goo." Lysandros says. "I never heard that." Adelina says. "Well now you have, and now you know just how truly deadly Madeline is. If she could murder her own husband like that, just imagine what she could do to you if provoked." Lysandros says. "I haven't done anything to provoke her, though!" Adelina says. "Your mere existence is enough." Lysandros says. "It isn't my fault that Walter and my mother had an affair. I didn't even exist until after the affair had ended." Adelina notes. "She wont see it that way. I've spent years watching her, familiarizing myself with her tactics, and how her mind works, and I know that she will view you as a constant reminder of the affair her husband and your mother once had, which is why she'll want to get rid of you." Lysandros says. "So what am I supposed to do? Wait for her to strike?" Adelina asks. "Not at all. That's where my offer comes in. I have resources all over the world, I have safe houses at every corner of the planet. I am the only person who knows Madeline well enough to make sure she never finds you." Lysandros says. "So, let me see if I am getting this right. You want me to leave town, and hide out at one of your safe houses?" Adelina asks. "That's right." Lysandros says. "No thank you. Lucas has safe houses, too. I'll just go to him for help." Adelina says. "With all due respect to Lucas, he doesn't know how Madeline thinks, I do, which will help us stay one step ahead of her." Lysandros says. "What is this us you are talking about?! I haven't agreed to anything!" Adelina says. "Not yet, but, it would be in your best interest to go along with my plan and leave town." Lysandros says. "And how do I know you are shipping me off somewhere so that you can kill me? I just spoke to Serena, and she had a lot to say about you, none of it was good." Adelina says. "Unfortunately, Serena has only ever seen one side of me. She hasn't seen the side of me that actually wants to help people." Lysandros says. "Funny, I haven't seen that side either." Adelina says. "I'm showing it to you right now." Lysandros says. "No, you are saying a bunch of words that all sound good on paper, but could easily just be lies that you fabricated." Adelina says. "I'm not faulting you for not immediately believing me. I've done some pretty nasty things, its only natural that you would be hesitant to accept help from me." Lysandros says. "I sense a but coming." Adelina notes. "But accepting help from me is your best hope for survival. Yes, you have some pretty powerful allies in Lucas, Lydia and your mother, assuming that you want to continue associating with your mother, but you have the perfect ally in me. Before I showed up in town last year, I spent years studying my targets, familiarizing myself with how their minds work, as well as every other aspect about them. That's what made me such a good asset to LIBERTY, I was always an expert strategize who liked to get to know my opponent before going to war with them. So believe me, I am your best asset." Lysandros says. "And, what do you want in return?" Adelina asks. "I just want to keep you safe from Madeline. Well, that, and I want to stick it to Madeline, but that is an entirely different matter." Lysandros says. "How long do I have to think about this offer?" Adelina asks. "As long as you need. However, I encourage you to come to a decision quick. With Madeline hunting you, you don't exactly have all of the time in the world. We'll be in touch." Lysandros says, before walking out. Adelina contemplates her choices...

THE ANCIENT JEWEL, TERRACE
*Lucas is looking on his phone. "Is something wrong?" Lydia asks. "I hope not. The plumber is supposed to be coming to the house, and I asked Gretta to let him in. But, she isn't answering." Lucas says. "Is that unusual for her?" Lydia asks. "Very. I'm sure she's fine, though." Lucas says. "I hope so." Lydia says. "By the way, you never did tell me what Lysandros was doing at your house the other day." Lucas says. "Oh yeah, that. So, do you remember when I told you how my mother stole my father's will, and then switched it out for a fake?" Lydia asks. "Yeah." Lucas says. "Well, Lysandros found the real one. Turns out, my father left everything to his oldest living relative, which would be Lysandros." Lydia says. "You cant be serious. Why would he do that?" Lucas asks. "Well, my father assumed that I would either be in a mental institution or prison by the time he died, so, he wrote it like that so Serena would inherit everything in case I wasn't available. He didn't count on Lysandros still being alive." Lydia says. "Did you have the will checked?" Lucas asks. "I had Betty look at it, and she confirmed that it is real. Lysandros owns everything." Lydia says. "So now what?" Lucas asks. "Well, Lysandros, being the generous soul that he is, has offered to give me back everything, with the exception of the house and one hundred thousand dollars." Lydia says. "Well, that's no problem. You can come live with me." Lucas says. "Are you sure?" Lydia asks. "Yes, I'm sure. We are married, Lydia, and married couples tend to live together." Lucas says. "Yeah, and the hundred thousand dollars is no big deal, either. I have plenty of money. I just hate that that evil monster has the upper hand." Lydia says. "He might have the house and a tiny bit of the money, but who is morally superior out of the two of you?" Lucas asks. "That's a tough one. I'm not exactly a saint." Lydia says. "But you weren't well when you committed those crimes. Lysandros was of sound mind when he took us hostage, and was ready to shoot all of us." Lucas says. "I just want him out of our lives, but, I don't know if that is ever going to happen. He is always going to be a factor in our lives, he is always going to be a threat." Lydia says. "He isn't a threat. I will make sure that he doesn't hurt you. And if he tries, I will make him regret ever coming to Fantastic City." Lucas promises.

WAREHOUSE
*Gretta falls to the floor, having been shot in the arm. Don rushes over, and handcuffs her. "Gretta Cambino, you have the right to remain silent." Don says. "I know my rights." Gretta says. "Yeah, I'll read them to you in the car." Don says. Don pulls Gretta off of the floor. "Ow!" Gretta yells. "How did you do that? You were tied up!" Don says to Josephine. "It looked like I was, but I wasn't. Just like it looked like I was sleeping. I pretended to be sleeping for a while, that way, Gretta wouldn't notice that I was untightening my ropes. Once I got the chance, I jumped from the chair to disarm her." Josephine says. "Nicely done." Don says. "Yes, wonderful job!" Gretta sarcastically says. "Don't listen to her. She's just upset that she is gonna spend the rest of her life in Jermaine." Don says. "I wouldn't count on it." Gretta says. "With the mountain of evidence we have, I would certainly count on it. Its over, Gretta, you are done." Don says! Gretta sighs...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum