QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#546 QG 8-24-17

Go down

#546 QG 8-24-17 Empty #546 QG 8-24-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:58 pm

LYDIA'S MANSION
*Lydia walks down the stairs in the foyer, on the phone. "Listen, you don't need to worry about Lucas' return from the dead effecting my job performance, I am capable of not letting my personal life effect my work life, and you know that!...I know you and I don't usually see eye to eye, but your accusations are offensive, and I'm not going to listen to them anymore! Goodbye!" Lydia yells, before hanging up. Lydia opens the double doors to the living room, and is shocked to find Lysandros standing by the fireplace! "There you are! I was beginning to think that I would need to send out a search party for you." Lysandros says. "I was upstairs. I heard the doorbell ring, but since the butler didn't tell me I had a visitor, I assumed that it was probably just a package delivery." Lydia says. "Well, you would be wrong. It was me. By the way, you have a beautiful home. Its hard to believe that this is the first time I've seen it, considering how long I've been around." Lysandros says. "There is a reason for that. I would never let you into my home, not after everything you've done." Lydia says. "We've all made choices that we regret, including you." Lysandros says. "So, you regret kidnapping an innocent baby, and then trying to kill seven innocent people?" Lydia asks. "I regret that I got off on the wrong foot with my family." Lysandros says. "Here's an idea. If you want your family to love and accept you, don't kidnap a child and then try to kill them." Lydia says. "Lesson learned. So, are you entertaining visitors today or what?" Lysandros asks. "Not if that visitor is you." Lydia says. "Is that anyway to talk to your uncle?" Lysandros asks. "You don't need to call yourself my uncle, I haven't forgotten the unfortunate fact that we are related. Believe me, I wish I could forget." Lydia says. "Like it or not, though, we are family, so maybe you could just give me a minute to explain why I came, for the sake of biological ties." Lysandros says. "I've given you enough time. In fact, you are lucky I haven't taken a knife, and drove it through your cold, dead heart. After everything you did to me and the people I love, I don't want to waste another second on you." Lydia says. "Are you sure? This is about the family business." Lysandros says. "You don't have any claim to the family business, therefore, I don't know what business you and I would POSSIBLY have to discuss." Lydia says. Lysandros smiles. "Where to begin? Oh, I know, lets start with your father's will. Now, I know that the will that was released after Walter died legally left everything to your mother, right?" Lysandros asks. "That's right. But, after my mother's supposed death, I took everything back." Lydia says. "Did you know that will was a forgery? Walter didn't want Madeline to inherit a single penny of his holdings. Which isn't surprising. Madeline was never more than a trophy wife, someone that Walter could bring to fancy charity events, that's why he always cheated on her. By the time of his death, he wasn't in love with her, he detested her." Lysandros says. "I already know that the will that was read after my father died was a forgery. Unfortunately, though, I was never able to locate the original." Lydia says. "No, but I was." Lysandros says. Lysandros pulls a document out of his pocket. "What I have here, is your father's real will, and how he left EVERYTHING to me." Lysandros says!

REBECCA'S OFFICE
*Don is sitting down, when Rebecca comes in. "Did you get the warrant?" Don asks. "I brought the evidence to the judge, unfortunately though, he didn't issue a warrant." Rebecca says. "Why not?" Don asks. "He didn't give a reason. All he said was that it would take some time, and that it would be done soon." Rebecca says. "We need to hurry this along. If Gretta finds out that we are just waiting on a judge to arrest her, she is going to leave town!" Don says. "As much as I would love to, there isn't anything we can do at this point! The only thing we can do is wait for the judge to issue that warrant. Once that is out of the way, we can take Gretta down." Rebecca says. "I-I know, but, this is just all too strange." Don says. "How so?" Rebecca asks. "Usually, we would have the warrant by now. But, for some unknown reason, the judge is dragging his feet." Don says. "Do you think that someone else is interfering?" Rebecca asks. "I think its possible that someone is trying to buy Gretta time to escape, and they are using their influence to delay the warrant for just a little longer." Don says. "They can delay it for as long as they want, it wont matter. We are still going to bring Gretta down." Rebecca promises. "I hope so." Don says.

THE ANCIENT JEWEL
*Josephine is sitting at the bar, when Acerbi sits next to her. "That stupid cow!" Acerbi yells. "You are still in town?" Josephine asks. "Yes, and I don't plan on leaving, either. Your father has shown his true colors, and made it clear that he is not worthy of my love. Instead of loving someone who has proven to be loyal time after time again, he has returned to Sonia." Acerbi says. "The woman that Wishbone was with back in the day? I thought she was locked up in jail." Josephine says. "Apparently, she was released a few years ago, and has been in Europe all of this time. That is, until her triumphant return." Acerbi says. "Sonia is back?" Josephine asks. "For a short while. Long enough to gloat about her engagement to Wishbone." Acerbi says. "I wish I could say I was sorry Mother, but honestly...I'm not." Josephine says. "And for good reason. Wishbone has proven for the last time that he doesn't deserve my loyalty." Acerbi says. "So, did Sonia leave?" Josephine asks. "She did, but not before revealing your sister's biological father to her." Acerbi says. "How did Sonia know the truth? Did Wishbone tell her?" Josephine asks. "I don't even know if Wishbone knows that Adelina exists. What I do know is that Adelina is furious that I didn't tell her that Walter Masters was her father." Acerbi says. "Adelina is a Masters? Why didn't you tell her? She has family here!" Josephine points out. "Because her father's wife is a madwoman! If Madeline finds out the truth, which she surely will eventually, she will want to destroy Adelina!" Acerbi says. "It makes sense. If I remember correctly, the rumors are that Madeline killed Walter because she caught him flirting with Queen Goo. Obviously, she wasn't a huge fan of his tendency to eye other women." Josephine notes. "No, she certainly wasn't. And because of this fact, our entire family could suffer at Madeline's hand." Acerbi says.

*Lucas is sitting at a table nearby, with Betty. "So, everything has been taken care of?" Lucas asks. "I did everything you asked of me, the company now belongs to you." Betty says. "Nice work. I knew I could count on you." Lucas says. Gretta approaches the table. "Well, well, well, if it isn't my presumed dead brother." Gretta says. Lucas turns towards Betty. "Betty, I'll have your payment wired into your account by tomorrow morning." Lucas says. "See that you do. I wouldn't want to keep pestering you over it. Have a good day." Betty says, before standing up, and walking out. "Have a seat." Lucas tells Gretta. Gretta sits across from Lucas. "I cant believe you didn't tell me you were alive, all of this time." Gretta says. "I'm sorry, but, at the time, I thought it was for the best." Lucas says. "I suppose the important thing is that you are alive, and, apparently, a free man." Gretta says. "Betty managed to present a compelling case on my behalf, so the judge had no choice but to drop the charges." Lucas says. "Congratulations, dear brother. I'm glad to hear it. But, I couldn't help but overhear some of your conversation with Miss Thorne. It didn't sound like the two of you were discussing your win against the justice system." Gretta says. "We weren't. I have a new business venture coming up, one that I cant really go into detail over at this time." Lucas says. "A new business venture? What about your club?" Gretta asks. "Well, while I was away, the club took a nosedive, profit wise. So, I decided to cut my losses and sell it, and I used the money I obtained from the sale to purchase a new business. But, like I said, I'm not ready to go public yet." Lucas says. "Well, I cant wait to find out what you are up to now." Gretta says. Andre enters, and walks over to the table. "Well would you look at this? A family reunion!" Andre says. "Look what the devil dragged in." Lucas says. "Lucas, be nice! Andre here is a family friend!" Gretta says. "Who's family?" Lucas asks. "Its good to see that death hasn't taken away your sense of humor, Lucas!" Andre says. "It certainly hasn't taken away yours, and how many times have you died?" Lucas asks. "Who's counting?" Andre asks. "I'm sure the internet is." Lucas notes. "Well, as enjoyable as it has been to see you again, I was actually hoping that I could speak to your sister. She and I have pressing business to discuss." Andre says. Lucas looks at Gretta. "Its fine. Andre and I have been working on a project together." Gretta says. "What kind of project?" Lucas asks. "One of the classified variety." Andre notes. Lucas chuckles, and stands up. "I have somewhere else I need to be, anyway. Gretta, I hope you and I will be able to catch up at home later." Lucas says. "Oh definitely." Gretta says. Lucas turns towards Andre. "And whatever this "secret project" is, you better pray that it doesn't end up hurting my sister." Lucas warns. Andre smiles, and Lucas walks out. Andre then takes Lucas' place at the table. "You may want to take a raincheck with your brother, later." Andre says. "Why's that?" Gretta asks. "Because, you wont be around to catch up with him." Andre says. "What are you talking about, Andre?" Gretta asks. "The police are on to you, and they plan to arrest you." Andre reveals!

LYDIA'S MANSION
*"Do you really expect me to believe that my father left everything to you? He hated you, and even if he didn't, he didn't even know you were still alive." Lydia says. "Which turned out to be what undid him. If you read that will closely, you'll see that your father left everything to his eldest relative. The reason he specified that was because at the time, you were in and out of mental institutions, so he was concerned that you wouldn't be up to running the company. So, he set it up that way so that if you were either institutionalized, incarcerated, or dead, Serena would inherit everything." Lysandros says. "He might not have known you were still alive, but he knew Kadmos was alive." Lydia says. "Walter had no reason to believe that Kadmos would have any interest in the family empire. My guess is that he just assumed that Kadmos wouldn't want to claim the family fortune, and that it would all be left to Serena." Lysandros says. "No, I don't believe any of this." Lydia says. "That's a reasonable reaction, but if you look at the signature below, you'll see that that signature matches your father's to a T." Lysandros says. "I don't understand how you got your hands on this." Lydia says. "Well, as you know, last year, prior to me surfacing in Greece, I sent my men to the family compound, in order to keep Madeline sedated. While Madeline was being held prisoner in her bedroom, I had my men scout the castle, looking for the authentic will." Lysandros says. "So, you've had the will all of this time and you didn't say anything?" Lydia asks. "No, not exactly. The original search came up with nothing, so I told my men to drop it. However, a few weeks ago, I had a renewed interest, so I sent a search party to the castle to take a look around, and see if they could come up with anything that they didn't the first time, and they did. Turns out, Madeline held on to the real will, and kept it hidden in a secret compartment in the wine cellar." Lysandros says. "Okay, you had no right to have your men snooping around on my property like that." Lydia says. "Actually, according to this will, its MY property. As is this house, every other property that the family owns, and the family businesses as well." Lysandros says. "And you are here to claim all of it...and leave me with nothing. Look, I know that you and I are never going to like each other, but I worked hard to keep Masters Corp a force to be reckoned with in the business world, while making it more honorable, something that my father nor your father ever planned on doing. I don't care what that will says, I deserve to be running this company, and that is the vision that my father originally had!" Lydia yells. "If you are finished, maybe you would like to give me a chance to finish. You are right, if I wanted to, I could claim everything. You'd be jobless, homeless, pennyless, and I could look at it as justice for the way the family treated me after I came to live with them." Lysandros says. "I had nothing to do with any of that!" Lydia yells. "I know that, which brings me to my next point. I am willing to come to a compromise." Lysandros says. "What kind of compromise?" Lydia asks. "You get to keep the money, for one." Lysandros says. "What don't I get to keep?" Lydia asks. "I want the house." Lysandros says. "This house?" Lydia asks. "That's right. I plan on sticking around in Fantastic City, which means I'll need a place to live, and the hotel room just isn't cutting it." Lysandros says. "So, instead of buying your own place, you are going to take mine?" Lydia asks. "You are welcome to live here with me, if you want." Lydia says. "Sure, when hell freezes over. Any other demands?" Lydia asks. "I'd also like to walk away with one hundred thousand dollars from the family bank account. I know, you probably think I'm insane for wanting that much, but, as it happens, I am one hundred thousand dollars short for a new business venture I am considering going into. Besides, one hundred thousand dollars is like pocket change to you." Lysandros says. "What else?" Lydia asks. "That's all." Lysandros says. "So, what happens if I say no?" Lydia asks. "Then I walk away with everything and leave you with nothing. I don't want to be forced to do that, but I also want to be able to build a life for myself here, one that both I and Clara can be proud of." Lysandros says. "You are still pursuing her, huh?" Lydia asks. "I love her, and I don't intend on giving up on her. Not without a fight, anyway. So, do we have a deal?" Lysandros asks. The doorbell rings. "Saved by the bell. Its alright, you can have some time to think about it. Just get back to me." Lysandros says, before walking out. Lysandros walks into the foyer, and opens the front door, where Lucas is standing. "What the hell are you doing here?" Lucas asks. "Hello Lucas, its nice to see you alive and well." Lysandros says. "What have you done with Lydia?" Lucas asks. "Nothing, she is in the living room, right now. You can go see for yourself if you want." Lysandros says. Lucas pushes his way into the foyer, and then turns towards Lysandros. "Get out." Lucas says. "I was on my way out, anyway. Have a nice day." Lysandros says, before walking out. Lucas walks into the living room. "Lucas, I wasn't expecting to see you." Lydia says. "I needed to talk to you. But, first things first, what was Lysandros doing here?" Lucas asks. "Its business related. Not something I really want to discuss right now. So, what's up?" Lydia asks. "Well, I figured I would come by and tell you about a new business venture I am getting in to." Lucas tells her.

REBECCA'S OFFICE
*"Do you think Lucas might have something to do with stalling the warrant?" Don asks. "No, I don't think so. I think that Lucas is going to try and stay on the straight and narrow path, especially after almost being convicted for helping Mia. But, even though I don't think Lucas was involved, I definitely believe that someone is working behind the scenes to make sure that Gretta is able to escape." Rebecca says. "Which means that Gretta probably knows that we are onto her." Don says.

THE ANCIENT JEWEL
*"Don't worry, I'll do what I can to protect Adelina from Madeline. I know that that woman is vicious, and the last thing I want is for her to hurt my sister." Josephine says. "That is very kind of you, but I don't want you to get in the middle of things. Madeline Masters wouldn't hesitate to get rid of you if she saw you as a threat." Acerbi says. "Then its a good thing I am just as capable as Madeline is. Besides, as far as I know, Madeline is still in Greece. I don't think she will be a problem, as long as no one tells her about Adelina. I'm sure Lydia and Serena wont tell her." Josephine says. "But Sonia might, which is what worries me." Acerbi says.

*"What do you mean the police plan to arrest me? Last I checked, they don't have any evidence!" Gretta says. "That isn't true. My source at the police station has informed me that Detective Reynolds obtained evidence that was formerly in possession of that Mia Goo woman." Andre says. "Mia did have a photo of me and Ricardo meeting with a drug dealer...which is why Don was at the bank, using Mia's alias." Gretta says. "I beg your pardon?" Andre asks. "I ran into Don and Josephine at the bank yesterday, and they was taking contents out of a safe deposit box. As Don was leaving, the bank teller called him Mr. Munro. After he was gone, she told me that his name was Steven Munro." Gretta says. "Which is the name that Mia Goo used?" Andre asks. "Yes! Don must've stolen Mia's fake identity, so that he could obtain that evidence!" Gretta says. "Then the evidence wouldn't be able to be used in court!" Andre points out. "If we could prove it, but we cant! I...I'm going to prison." Gretta says. "Don't get ahead of yourself. I called in some favors at the courthouse, and I was able to successfully stall the process of obtaining an arrest warrant. But, I can only do so for so long. You need to get out of town!" Andre says. "No, what I need to do is leave the country! But, buying a plane ticket would be far too risky." Gretta says. "I agree, which is why I devised an alternative plan. I own a private airstrip right outside of town. I want you to go there, and wait. I am going to make arrangements for a helicopter to come, and take you to a safe house that I own in Brazil." Andre says. "How long will that take?" Gretta asks. "The number of the pilot is written down somewhere at the mansion, so I would need to return home. But, if you go wait at the airstrip now, you should be safe until the pilot is able to arrive." Andre says. "So, that's it? I'm just supposed to leave? What about revenge?" Gretta asks. "What about it?" Andre asks. "Don Reynolds is the reason that I am in this mess, I think I am owed payback!" Gretta says. "I understand, but are you sure you want to waste more time by targeting that ape?" Andre asks. Gretta smiles. "I never said anything about targeting Don. I have someone else in mind." Gretta says, as she looks over at Josephine and Acerbi. "You want to use Josephine Acerbi to hurt Detective Reynolds." Andre realizes. "Its what you suggested to me. It might be too late to get Don to back off, but the least I can do is make him hurt." Gretta says. "Then I suppose it is a good thing that I brought this." Andre says. "Brought what?" Gretta asks. Andre picks up a napkin, and uses it to reach into his pocket. Andre then slides the folded napkin across the table. Gretta unfolds a small piece of the napkin, and finds a syringe! "Oh my, what is this for?" Gretta asks. "Its like a sleeping pill! Josephine Acerbi is a skilled former police officer, so if you intend to make a move against her, you may want to use this on her first. It will put her right to sleep, as well as put her at your mercy." Andre says. Andre stands up and smiles. "Take care, old friend. And please, oh please, say hello to the family for me." Andre says. "Of course I will! I'll see you soon, Andre. Stay out of trouble!" Gretta says. "Easier said than done! Bye bye." Andre says, before walking out. Gretta once again eyes Josephine and Acerbi...

REBECCA'S OFFICE
*Rebecca is on the phone. "Okay, thank you." Rebecca says, before hanging up. "What was that about?" Don asks. "That was the judge. We've got the warrant." Rebecca confirms. "Great, what do you want me to do?" Don asks. "Go meet up with V.J. I want the two of you to bring a team of officers to Lucas Cambino's house, which is where the suspect is currently living." Rebecca says. "What if she isn't home?" Don asks. "Then we put an APB out on her. But, no matter where she is, we will find her. Gretta Cambino's reign of terror ends, today." Rebecca says.

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum