QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

01:04 Sorry I Killed You

Go down

01:04 Sorry I Killed You Empty 01:04 Sorry I Killed You

Post by QG Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:04 am

*Trigger is walking down a street in Fantastic City, speaking in an earpiece. “The guy I sent to kill Agent Smarts failed, as expected.” Trigger reveals. “Does she know that you’re the one who sent the hit man?” The person on the other end of the earpiece asks. “I doubt it. In fact, I don’t even think she knows the hit man came to kill her. Apparently, she had other problems going on at the moment.” Trigger states. “Try again. I want Maxine Smarts dead!” The person says. “I’ll take care of it. This time, I’m gonna handle her myself.” Trigger reveals. “Do you have a plan?” The person asks. “I do. I’m gonna set a trap for the target, one which she’ll never expect.” Trigger tells them.

01:04 Sorry I Killed You Legally_deceased_title_card_by_qg2004-dbvj32m

*At Eugene’s apartment, Eugene is playing a chess video game on his television. “This is the kind of video games you play? That’s lame.” A voice says. Eugene swiftly turns around, and sees Lauren. “How did you get in here? That’s an asinine question, you most certainly came in the way you always do.” Eugene notes. “If you want to play a real game, you should try Call of Duty.” Lauren tells him. “No thank you. I prefer games that don’t have blood and gore within them. Besides, chess stimulates my intelligence.” Eugene says. “You aren’t even playing against a real person.” Lauren notes. “Ah ha! In actuality, I am! I am currently playing online.” Eugene reveals. “Don’t you have to pay some kind of monthly fee to play online?” Lauren asks. “It is a small and affordable fee, but without a doubt, worth every penny.” Eugene states. “So, let me get this straight, you pay money, MONTHLY, just so that you can play chess online? Alright, I’m not gonna judge.” Lauren tells him. “Thank you, much appreciated.” Eugene tells her. All of a sudden, “Connection Lost” pops up on the television. “Oh dear, my opponent must’ve had a faulty Wi-Fi connection.” Eugene says. “Or they rage quit.” Lauren suggests. “Perhaps. Anyway, now that my match has come to an unexpected end, perhaps you can tell me why you stopped by. I’m assuming that you came here for a reason.” Eugene says. “I’m just wondering if there have been any new crimes around town lately? Bank Robberies? Murders? Terrorist plots? Anything?” Lauren asks. “Things have been rather quiet, since the capture of Ramon Niles and Cesar Burnham.” Eugene reveals. “Its good that people aren’t getting killed, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t starting to get bored.” Lauren notes. “I’m sorry you haven’t had the chance to shoot anyone in the past week.” Eugene sarcastically says. At that moment, someone knocks on the door, and Lauren pulls out her gun. “Are you so blood thirsty that you are willing to shoot the mailman?” Eugene asks. “The last time someone came to your door with a delivery, they tried to kill you.” Lauren notes. “Hello! Its me! Is anyone home?” Queen Goo can be heard asking from the other side of the door. Lauren holsters her gun, and opens the door. “Maxine! I was hoping you’d be here!” Queen Goo says. “Hey, what’s up?” Lauren asks. Queen Goo holds up a shopping bag. “I took the liberty of buying you some new clothes, you know, some colorful clothes. I couldn’t help but notice that since you’ve been back, I’ve only seen you in black clothes, so, I figured you might be in need of a wardrobe update.” Queen Goo tells her. “I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but...I’m forty one years old, which means I’m a little too old for someone else to be dressing me.” Lauren tells Queen Goo. “I’m...I’m sorry. I’m just so HAPPY to have you back, so...I got a little carried away. Anyway, I only came by to drop off the clothes, I should really be going. You should keep the clothes, by the way!” Queen Goo tells her. “Sure. Bye.” Lauren tells her. “Goodbye, honey. Bye Eugene.” Queen Goo tells them, before walking out. “That was weird.” Lauren notes. “The lovely queen’s behavior is understandable, given the fact that for the last two years, she believed you to be dead.” Eugene says. “I get it...” Lauren says. Eugene receives a text, which he immediately checks. Eugene’s face drops, after reading the contents of the text. “What’s going on?” Lauren asks. “I just got a news alert, which stated that a bomb has been found in city square! Apparently, the road has been blocked off, and everything!” Eugene says. “Finally, something for me to do. I’ll be back in two hours, top.” Lauren tells him. “Please don’t tell me that you plan on going to the city square, and actually attempting to diffuse that bomb!” Eugene says. Lauren smiles. “It wouldn’t be the first time. Bye, Gene.” Lauren tells him, before exiting through the window.

*Lauren’s car speeds up to the roadblock, and she slams on the brakes. Lauren gets out, and runs right past the police, despite them each protesting against her action. Lauren runs over to the water fountain, located at the center of city square, and discovers a bomb, set to detonate in a half hour. Lauren notices that somehow, the bomb has also been drilled into the ground, so that it cant easily be removed. Lauren notices the bomb squad nearby. “I’ve gotta tell you, Chad, I’ve never seen a bomb like this in all my years working in this business.” One of the bomb squad members tell another. Lauren looks back at the bomb. “Did you hear what they just said, Gene?” Lauren asks. “That the explosive device is one of which they have never seen before? Yes, I heard them.” Eugene notes. “I recognize the bomb.” Lauren reveals. “What? How?” Eugene asks. “Its a bomb specifically used by the WPA. I’ve worked with it a few times on different missions.” Lauren reveals. “Are you familiar enough with the model to diffuse it?” Eugene asks. Lauren ignores him, and attempts to get closer to the bomb. A member of the bomb squad stops her. “Ma’am, you cant go near that! Its too dangerous!” The bomb squad member tells her. A moment later, Andy shows up. “Its fine. She can go near it.” Andy tells them. “Who are you?” The bomb squad member asks. Andy holds up his badge. “Fantastic P.D. She’s with me.” Andy tells them. The bomb squad reluctantly backs off. “Thanks.” Lauren tells Andy. “Consider this payment for when you rescued my mother from The Master. Do you know how to diffuse this bomb?” Andy asks. “I’ve seen this bomb a few times, and I have a pretty good idea of how it operates. There is a secret panel that can be opened up on the exterior of the bomb, inside the panel is a keypad. If I can punch in the correct code, then it’ll disarm the bomb.” Lauren reveals. “And what happens if you don’t?” Andy asks. “Its kind of like a password on a cell phone. You get three tries. After try number three, the bomb detonates itself.” Lauren reveals. “How do you know you’ll get the right password?” Andy asks. “Just watch my back, I’ll handle the rest.” Lauren tells him.

*On a nearby rooftop, Trigger can be seen watching Lauren from afar. “I’ve got Agent Smarts in my sights.” Trigger tells his employer, as he begins setting up his sniper. “Eliminate her.” The employer orders. “Not yet, not until she diffuses the bomb. After all, I don’t want a bunch of innocent civilians blood on my hands.” Trigger notes. “You better hope she can diffuse that bomb. Your job was to kill Agent Smarts, no one else.” The employer tells him. “I know that.” Trigger states, as he attaches the scope to his sniper.

*”Gene, do you think you’d be able to hack into the bomb, and find out what the code is?” Lauren asks. “If I could hack into a surveillance camera that has the bomb in sight, I should be able to hack the device itself.” Eugene reveals. Lauren looks around in the air, and then notices a security camera on the side of a building, facing her. “Looks like its our lucky day...” Lauren notes. “I’ll see if I can hack into the camera, as well into the bomb itself.” Eugene tells her. “You better work fast, because we don’t have much time.” Lauren states.

*On the rooftop, Trigger aims his gun, so that the scope is focused in on Lauren’s head. “The second Agent Smarts diffuses that bomb, her life is over.” Trigger notes. “That’s very good news. Get it done.” His employer tells him.

*While Lauren is kneeling in front of the bomb, Andy notices a red dot on her head. Andy follows the dot, and sees someone camped out on a nearby rooftop, with a sniper aimed at Lauren! After making this discovery, Andy quietly sneaks off…

*Back at Eugene’s Apartment, Eugene successfully hacks into the camera feed, and now has a view of Lauren, and the bomb. “I’ve managed to hack into the security camera, and I currently have both you and the explosive device in my sights. Now, I’m going to attempt to hack into the bomb.” Eugene tells her. “Good luck. If its actually a WPA bomb, hacking into it might not be easy.” Lauren tells Eugene. “I’ve never met a fire wall that I haven’t been able to find a loophole in. Just give me a moment.” Eugene tells her. “We don’t have many moments left.” Lauren reminds him. Eugene quickly types in a series of hacking codes on his computer, and is able to successfully hack into the bomb! Once he breaches the bomb, a series of ten codes pop up on his computer screen! “Oh dear, this isn’t good...” Eugene notes. “What’s wrong?” Lauren asks. “Although I was able to successfully hack into the explosive device, I’ve discovered that there are ten codes stored inside the device’s memory.” Eugene reveals. “The WPA must’ve set up a series of decoy codes in case someone actually hacked into the bomb.” Lauren realizes. “I could examine the codes individually, and try to determine which one is the correct code, but that could take quite some time, which is a luxury we no longer have.” Eugene notes. “Just text me the list of codes. I’ll just have to trust my gut when choosing the right one.” Lauren says. Eugene then proceeds to copy and paste the codes into a message, and sends them to Lauren.

*Lauren receives a text message from Eugene. “I got the codes. Now, I just need to hope I choose the right one.” Lauren notes.

*Trigger’s gun focuses on Lauren, while he waits for her to diffuse the bomb. A moment later, Trigger feels the barrel of a gun pressed up against the back of his head. “Put the sniper down, nice and slowly.” Andy, who is standing directly behind Trigger, warns. “That depends on who is making the demand.” Trigger tells him. “I’m a Detective with the Fantastic P.D.” Andy reveals. Upon hearing this, Trigger complies, and slowly places his sniper onto the floor of the roof. “Are you the guy who planted the bomb down there?” Andy asks. “If its any consolation, I don’t want the bomb to detonate nor do I expect it to.” Trigger tells Andy. “Yeah, right. When someone plants a bomb, they usually want it to detonate.” Andy notes. “Guess that makes me different.” Trigger says.

*Lauren opens the panel on the bomb, revealing the keypad. She then tries her first code. “838-172”. The code is immediately rejected. “No dice.” Lauren tells Eugene. “Perhaps staying there and attempting to diffuse the bomb was a bad idea.” Eugene warns. “I’m gonna try another code.” Lauren tells him. Lauren carefully punches in her next code. “195-442”. This code, much like the first one, is rejected. “Second strike.” Lauren declares. “Run while you still can! Everyone else has been cleared from the area, so if the bomb detonates, no one will be harmed!” Eugene tells her. “There are still buildings in this area, buildings that people work in! People are still going to get hurt, whether there is anyone near the bomb when it detonates, or not.” Lauren notes. “At least no lives would be lost! Please, Maxine, please don’t do this! Just walk away while you still have the ability to do so!” Eugene begs. Lauren ignores him, as her fingers cautiously approach the keypad…

*”Stand up, and keep your hands where I can see them.” Andy tells Trigger, while still keeping his gun trained on him. Trigger obeys Andy’s orders, without saying a word. Andy pulls out a pair of handcuffs, while keeping his gun trained on Trigger. As Andy goes to handcuff Trigger, Trigger quickly turns around! Before Andy can make a move, Trigger grabs his arm, and attempts to take the gun from his hand! Trigger and Andy wrestle back and forth, attempting to point the gun at the other, hoping to shoot them…

*”Clear the area! The bomb is about to detonate!” One of the bomb squad members tells the others, as they all begin to evacuate. As the timer reaches 5:39, Lauren punches in the last code very slowly. “153-290”. As soon as she clicks enter, the bomb’s timer stops! Lauren lets out a deep breath. “The bomb was disarmed, Gene.” Lauren reveals. “It-it has been? That’s wonderful news! Congratulations on a job well done, Maxine!” Eugene congratulates her. Lauren then looks around, and notices that Andy is gone. “Where’s Andy?” Lauren wonders. “Perhaps he went to go get a haircut?” Eugene suggests. At that moment, a gunshot can be heard nearby. “That gunshot says otherwise.” Lauren says, before running off!

*Trigger throws Andy onto the floor of the roof. “That bullet just barely missed you. For a trained police officer, you really should be more careful with letting suspects get their hands on your service weapon, Detective.” Trigger tells Andy. “If you want to kill me, do it. At least I can go down knowing that I did what I could to protect my city.” Andy states. “I don’t want to kill you, you’re not my target, you just got in the way.” Trigger notes. Trigger then slams the butt of Andy’s gun into Andy’s forehead, knocking him out. After this, Trigger begins walking towards the elevator. He presses a button, and the elevator doors open. Trigger boards the elevator, and waves at an unconscious Andy, as the doors close…

*Back on the ground level, Lauren is looking around. “Do you have any clue where that gunshot may have come from?” Eugene asks. “It sounded kinda far, but not far enough to not be a threat.” Lauren notes. Lauren looks up in the sky, and notices Trigger’s sniper slightly hanging off the rooftop he and Andy were on. “Eugene, I see what looks like a sniper on a nearby rooftop, unoccupied. Actually, it looks like it was abandoned. It could be from the person who planted the bomb.” Lauren notes. “Do you think a WPA agent planted the bomb?” Eugene asks. “I don’t know why the WPA would be in Fantastic, let alone plant a bomb in city square. Also, just an observation, but the gunshot from earlier didn’t come from that sniper, it came from a pistol. I’ve heard enough gunfire to know the difference.” Lauren tells him. “Is there any sign of the operator of either weapon?” Eugene asks. Lauren observes the area around her, and then spots someone sneaking into a back alley, across the street. Lauren immediately gives chase. Lauren runs out into oncoming traffic, and several cars are forced to stop for her. As Lauren crosses the street, most of the cars begin honking at her. Lauren reaches the other side of the street, and enters the back alley. She pulls out her gun, and immediately fires a shot by the mystery person’s head! “Stop right there!” Lauren orders. The mystery person stops, and turns around. “Trigger!” A shocked Lauren declares. “Hello Maxine, its been a while. By the way, love the new face. It suits you.” Trigger notes. “You were the one who planted the bomb.” Lauren realizes. “Just to be clear, I knew that you would come, and that you would diffuse the bomb.” Trigger tells her. “So it was a trap. Why? I don’t remember ticking you off.” Lauren notes. “You didn’t. Its nothing personal.” Trigger tells her. “Just business?” Lauren asks. Trigger swiftly pulls out Andy’s pistol, before Lauren can fire a shot at him. “Exactly.” Trigger responds. “Don’t be stupid, I could shoot you just as quickly as you could shoot me. You know that.” Lauren tells him. “I do. After all, I’m the guy who mentored you.” Trigger recalls. “That’s your version of history. I remember us being equals.” Lauren notes. “Not in the beginning. Look, I didn’t come here to look back on the past.” Trigger notes. “Why did you come here? To kill me for the WPA? Or are you working for someone else?” Lauren asks. “Maybe now isn’t the right time or place for this discussion. How about we meet up later to continue this conversation? Eleven o’clock? The cemetery? I think its an appropriate setting, considering where you are technically supposed to be.” Trigger notes. “Why don’t we just end things now?” Lauren asks. “Because we are at a road block. We both have guns, and we are both excellent shots, which means if we finish things now, we are both gonna die, and then no one wins. Besides, I’d like the chance to talk to you, and to give you the answers you want. You do have questions, don’t you?” Trigger asks. “I have a lot of them.” Lauren notes. “So, its a date?” Trigger asks. “We’ll see.” Lauren responds, before cautiously backing up, towards the exit of the alley. “One more thing before you go. You should check the Plasma Corp rooftop, I had to incapacitate a local police detective up there.” Trigger reveals. “Was it Detective Goo?” Lauren asks. “I didn’t get his name. Don’t worry, all I did was knock him out. Killing a cop wasn’t part of my plan, and I wasn’t about to make an adjustment.” Trigger notes. “I’ll take care of it.” Lauren tells him. “Good to know. I guess this is goodbye then, for now.” Trigger says. Trigger and Lauren both slowly back up, and then exit the alley from different ends…

*Lauren is with Eugene, at his apartment. “Andy is at the hospital, and is expected to make a full recovery. He is gonna have a killer headache, though.” Lauren says. “I’m just happy to hear that he is going to make a full recovery. If you don’t mind my asking, who was that man you confronted earlier? From the sound of the conversation, I got the distinct impression that you two knew one another.” Eugene notes. “That man was Trigger, my old WPA partner.” Lauren reveals. “Please tell me that the name “Trigger” isn’t actually the one listed on his birth certificate.” Eugene says. “No. His birth name is Martin Norris, Trigger is just a nickname.” Lauren tells Eugene. “Why exactly does your former partner want to kill you?” Eugene asks. “I don’t know.” Lauren reveals. “Was there any disdain between the two of you, prior to your unexpected departure from the agency?” Eugene asks. “Even though things started out rocky, Trigger and I became pretty good friends, especially near the end.” Lauren notes. “Why would Mr. Norris want to kill a good friend of his?” Eugene wonders. “Even though Trigger was a good friend, he was an even better soldier. He would always follow orders, no questions asked.” Lauren reveals. “Do you think perhaps the WPA sent Trigger to eliminate you, for violating the terms of your agreement with them?” Eugene asks. “We’re gonna find out when I meet with Trigger later tonight.” Lauren notes. “You actually plan on attending that meeting at the cemetery?! Why on earth would you put your life on the line like that?!” Eugene asks. “Its been a while since I last saw Trigger, I wanna catch up with him. Now’s a better time than any.” Lauren says. “You shouldn’t want to engage in a conversation with the man who intended to kill you earlier today with an unnecessarily complicated bomb in city square.” Eugene notes. “Your right, I shouldn’t...but I still want to. I’m curious about what Trigger has to say.” Lauren admits. “And what if Mr. Norris doesn’t have anything to say? What if he simply greets you with a bullet?” Eugene asks. Lauren holds up her gun. “Then I would be more than happy to return the favor.” Lauren states.

*Trigger is sitting at a booth, inside a bar. He checks his watch, and sees that it is 10:42. Trigger takes a quick shot of alcohol, before pulling a wad of cash out of his wallet, and placing it on the table. Trigger then stands up, and exits the booth.

*At eleven o’clock, Lauren is walking along a path in the cemetery. As she is walking, she hears a twig snap nearby. Lauren quickly pulls out her gun, and points it towards a tree. “Come out with your hands up.” Lauren calmly orders. Trigger comes out from behind the tree, with his hands in the air. “You use to be quieter than that.” Lauren notes. “I just wanted you to know that I was here.” Trigger tells her. “Are you armed?” Lauren asks. “Of course I am. I have a job to do, and I fully intend on doing it.” Trigger says. “That’ll be kind of hard to do if I shoot you first.” Lauren notes. “Please don’t do that. I was really hoping we’d be able to catch up before we try to kill each other. Its been two years, I’m sure plenty has happened since the last time I saw you. So please...put the gun down, at least for now.” Trigger asks her. Lauren lowers her gun, and holsters it. “Alright, lets talk.” Lauren coldly responds. “I haven’t seen you since you died, how have you been?” Trigger asks. “Just trying to stay alive.” Lauren tells him. “If anyone can manage doing that, you can.” Trigger notes. “Not if you can help it, though, right?” Lauren asks. Trigger smiles. “I have my orders.” Trigger states. “Who’s orders? The WPA’s? Or someone else?” Lauren asks. “What do you think? You broke the terms of the agreement you had with the WPA. When they gave you your new identity and your new face, you were supposed to stay in Europe, and most importantly, stay away from Fantastic City and your family. You managed to break every term in that agreement, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the WPA issued a kill order against you.” Trigger says. “I was a good agent, one of the best, I hoped that the WPA would’ve taken that into account.” Lauren notes. “You being such a good agent is exactly why the agency wants you dead. You were privy to some highly classified information during your time with the WPA. You had participated in some of the agency’s most top secret missions.” Trigger notes. “The WPA was afraid I would trade some of those secrets away, now that I’m not employed their.” Lauren realizes. “Can you blame them? You’ve already betrayed their trust by coming back to this city.” Trigger points out. “I didn’t come back to tell my family that I was alive. If I had it my way, they never would’ve found out. But, at one point, I couldn’t keep it a secret anymore. Their lives were in danger, and I had no choice but to save them.” Lauren tells him. “I know. I heard you’ve become Fantastic City’s very own Batman, without the mask or cape.” Trigger notes. “This city needed help. Its gone downhill over the past few years, and the cops haven’t been able to do anything about the downward spiral, no matter how hard they tried.” Lauren says. “So you figured a legally deceased former WPA agent could do better?” Trigger asks. “I have done better.” Lauren states. “Congratulations, though its a shame you won’t be able to keep the hero act going.” Trigger notes. “Are you sure you want to kill me? Because, I can smell the liquor on you. I remember that back when we worked together, every time you were given an assignment you didn’t want to do, you would always have a drink first, to try and give yourself some liquid courage. How many drinks did it take for you to actually show up here at the cemetery?” Lauren asks. “That’s none of your business.” Trigger tells her. “I’m the one you are trying to force yourself to kill, I have the right to know.” Lauren notes. Trigger pulls out his gun, and points it at Lauren! “I think we’ve done enough catching up.” Trigger declares. “I’m not gonna pull out my gun. I’d never kill a friend, unlike you.” Lauren tells him. “Like I’ve told you a thousand times, I have my orders.” Trigger growls. “You’re a loyal soldier. That’s why you’ve lasted so long with the WPA. You carry out your missions effortlessly, and you aren’t troubled by remorse.” Lauren notes. “Remorse is a weakness.” Trigger states. “We finally agree on something. Before you kill me, though, I just want you to remember that for fourteen years, I was the only friend you had. I had your back since the moment we became partners, and I saved your life more times than either of us can count. Take that into account before you pull the trigger.” Lauren tells him. Trigger smiles. “I already have. We had some good times...and you were a good operative, but, you of all people should know...good things never last.” Trigger says, before firing three shots at Lauren! Lauren drops to the ground, and lies lifelessly, as snow begins to fall. Trigger looks up, and sees a security camera looking down on them. Trigger then walks over to Lauren’s body, and begins to drag it away.

*The snow is now coming down harder. In a back alley, Lauren is zipped up into a body bag. Andy, who has a bandage on his head, is there, with another police officer. “From the looks of it, the victim was shot three times. It also looks like her body might’ve been moved from the original crime scene. Check the nearby surveillance feed, and see if anything was caught on camera.” Andy orders the officer. “I’ll go take a look, Detective.” The officer says, before rushing off. Andy looks over at the zipped up body bag. “Even though I didn’t know you well, and even though the commissioner wanted you arrested, I still feel like you were one of the good guys...rest in peace.” Andy tells her.

*Eugene is in his apartment, on the phone. “Maxine, it is I, Eugene. I’m beginning to grow somewhat worried. You haven’t made contact since you left for that meeting with Mr. Norris, and I’m starting to fear that something horrible may have happened. Please, contact me as soon as you can.” Eugene says in his voicemail, before hanging up. Eugene then turns towards his television, and notices that the news is on, with the headline “Fantastic City Vigilante Found DEAD!” Eugene’s eyes widen. “Oh no, it cant be.” Eugene says.

*Queen Goo walks by her television, and drops her cup of tea to the floor when she sees the news story! Queen Goo then falls to her couch, in shock and horror.

*In the morgue, a loud banging noise can be heard. A moment later, one of the morgue drawers is kicked open, and Lauren jumps out! Lauren notices Trigger in the corner of the room, leaning up against the wall, with his arms crossed. “Sorry I killed you.” Trigger tells her. “You...you shot me!” Lauren notes. “If I wanted to kill you, I would’ve gone for the head shot. I knew you had a vest on.” Trigger reveals. “How could you have known that?” Lauren asks. “Because you aren’t stupid enough to show up without one. I shot you enough times to knock you out, and then, I moved you out of view from the security camera that was at the cemetery, that way, the WPA wouldn’t be able to see what happened next. Once there weren’t any cameras around, I drugged you so that you would stay knocked out, and then I hired two guys to pose as paramedics to get you to the morgue, and to tell the cops that you were dead.” Trigger reveals. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you wanted to fake my death.” Lauren notes. “The WPA wanted you dead, and now, you are...again.” Trigger states. “Why did you help me? You’ve never had a problem following the WPA’s orders before.” Lauren says. “They’ve never asked me to kill a friend, before.” Trigger notes. “Thank you.” Lauren says. “If you want to thank me, leave town, and this time, stay dead. This is your third and final chance to live, don’t screw it up.” Trigger tells her. “I’m not going anywhere. Fantastic City still needs my help, and I’m not gonna let Queen Goo and Eugene grieve for me again.” Lauren says. “You’re gonna tell them that you are alive.” Trigger realizes. “I’m sorry, but I’m not gonna play dead with my loved ones again. I’ve hurt them enough, over the years.” Lauren says. “What about the vigilante routine?” Trigger asks. “I’m gonna keep doing everything I can to protect my city. Maybe you could help. Think about it, you could finally leave the WPA, and you could come work with me, on your own terms. We made a good team when we worked for the WPA together, we could do a lot of good for Fantastic.” Lauren tells him. “So let me get this straight. You want me to leave a job where I’m out blowing off the heads of terrorists, to help you take down cat burglars and abusive husbands?” Trigger asks. “Every life is important.” Lauren notes. “I would be saving more lives if I stay with the WPA.” Trigger argues. “Do you want to be the WPA’s pawn for the rest of your life?” Lauren asks. “I’m no one’s pawn. And for the record, I greatly discourage you from going back to playing hero, as well.” Trigger warns her. “That’s my business.” Lauren tells him. “Not anymore. If you go back to doing what you were doing, the WPA will find out that you are alive, and they will find out that I had a hand in your survival, which means we’ll both be dead.” Trigger notes. “I’m sure you’ll find a way to stay alive.” Lauren says. “If it comes out that I saved your life instead of taking it, MY life will be over!” Trigger growls. “If you weren’t ready to take those risks, you wouldn’t have faked my death in the first place.” Lauren argues. Trigger ignores her, and pulls out a gun. He then hands it to Lauren. “This is yours, I’m assuming you want it back.” Trigger says. Lauren smiles, and takes the gun from him. “Of course. You should know by now that I’d never let you borrow my gun.” Lauren says. “I’m gonna need something to defend myself with, once the WPA finds out what I did, and brands me as a traitor.” Trigger notes. “My offer is still on the table. You can quit the WPA, and come help me. I could use someone with your skill set around.” Lauren notes. “Good luck, Maxine.” Trigger tells Lauren, before exiting the morgue. Lauren rolls her eyes at Trigger being stubborn.

*Eugene is on the phone, leaving another message for Lauren. “Maxine, I just saw this terrible report on the news. Please...call me back and tell me that it isn’t true!” Eugene begs. A moment later, Eugene’s window opens, and Lauren climbs in. A thrilled Eugene drops his phone, and rushes into Lauren’s arms! “Eugene, please...you’re suffocating me!” Lauren tells him. Eugene lets go. “I...I thought you were dead! There was a news report announcing the death of Fantastic City’s vigilante.” Eugene reveals. “Fake news. Once again, reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.” Lauren notes. “What happened between you and Mr. Norris?” Eugene asks. “We talked, he shot me, and then, he made it look like I was dead.” Lauren reveals. “He helped you?” A surprised Eugene asks. “I knew from the second I laid eyes on him at that cemetery that he didn’t want to kill me. Turns out, my faith in him was justified.” Lauren notes. “I wouldn’t say that, considering he planted a bomb in city square in order to lure you out into the open, and then he planned on shooting you in the head.” Eugene mentions. “I don’t think he would’ve gone through with it. You know, before Trigger left, I asked him if her wanted to team up with us, and help us protect Fantastic.” Lauren reveals. “How did he respond?” Eugene asks. “He didn’t say no...at least not the second time I brought it up. But, if he does end up helping us, I think it’ll probably take him a little while before he comes around.” Lauren says. “I don’t think that is necessarily a bad thing.” Eugene notes. “In the meantime, we’ll just continue with what we are doing.” Lauren says. “Are you sure that is wise? If Mr. Norris’s plan worked, then the WPA now believes you to truly be dead.” Eugene notes. “Its not wise, but that doesn’t mean I’m not gonna do it. This city needs help, and I’m not abandoning it, or the people I care about. My place is here in Fantastic, and if that leads to the WPA coming after me again...I’m more than ready to fight them.” Lauren declares.

MAIN CAST
Lauren Bates/Maxine Smarts
Eugene Ringleburg
Queen Goo
Andy Goo

GUEST CAST
Martin “Trigger” Norris
Trigger’s Boss
Bomb Squad Members
Police Officer

QG
Admin