QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

01:03 Resurrection

Go down

01:03 Resurrection  Empty 01:03 Resurrection

Post by QG Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:59 pm

DECEMBER 2001:
*Greenleaf and Maxine are walking down a corridor within WPA headquarters. “I hope you enjoyed the tour.” Greenleaf wishes. “I did. Its a nice facility.” Maxine says. “I’m glad to hear it. Anyway, now that you have seen the entire interior of the building, there is someone that I would like to introduce you to.” Greenleaf says. “Lead the way.” Maxine tells him. Greenleaf and Maxine continue to walk down the hallway, quickly approaching their destination. Greenleaf stops at a door. “Right here.” Greenleaf says. “This is one of the conference rooms, right?” Maxine asks. “That’s correct. I’ve taken the liberty of arranging a meeting between you and another individual that works for the agency. He should be waiting for us inside.” Greenleaf says. Greenleaf opens the door, and holds it open for Maxine, as she walks into the room. Once Maxine enters, she finds a well dressed man with short light brown hair sitting at the end of the conference table. Greenleaf enters the room shortly after Maxine does. “I was beginning to think the two of you weren’t going to show up.” The man notes. “Who’s this?” Maxine asks. “This is Martin Norris.” Greenleaf says. “I go by Trigger.” Trigger informs her. “Why am I meeting him?” Maxine asks Greenleaf. “Agent Norris joined the WPA six months before you did. In the short period of time that Agent Norris has been an operative, he has proven himself to be one of the most competent agents on staff here, which is the reason behind his nickname.” Greenleaf notes. “With all due respect, sir, how is this relevant to me?” Maxine asks. “Excellent question. Now that you are an official agent, Agent Smarts, you are going to need a partner. I’ve chosen Agent Norris.” Greenleaf reveals. “You are partnering me up with her? A newbie? I’ve been doing fine on my own!” Trigger notes. “Agent Smarts is new to the agency, which means she may need some help and guidance from a more experienced operative.” Greenleaf notes. “If you want me to get guidance from a more experienced agent, why are you partnering me up with someone barely out of the academy?” Maxine asks. “Despite Agent Norris not being a part of the agency for too long, he has proven to be quite the valuable asset, eliminating targets and completing missions effortlessly.” Greenleaf states. “So why ruin a good thing by partnering me with someone who is just gonna drag me down?” Trigger asks. “If you think I’m gonna drag you down, obviously you haven’t seen my grades from the academy.” Maxine notes. “I understand that working together may take some getting use to. However, I am confident that in the end, it will work out for the better.” Greenleaf says. Maxine and Trigger glare at one another.

01:03 Resurrection  Legally_deceased_title_card_by_qg2004-dbvj32m

DECEMBER 2017:
*At Eugene’s apartment, Eugene is working on his computer, when he hears a knock nearby. He spins in his chair towards the window, and sees Lauren standing in it. Eugene sighs, and walks over to the window. Eugene then opens the window for her. “Really?” An annoyed Eugene asks. “At least I knocked this time.” Lauren notes, before climbing in through the window. “You told me over the phone that you had a case for me.” Lauren reminds him. “That is correct. Over the past few months, four people have been brutally murdered within the confines of this city, all by sniper rifle. The Fantastic Police Department believes that the deaths may be connected.” Eugene reveals. “Do they think its a serial killer?” Lauren asks. “That seems like a likely scenario, yes.” Eugene notes. “This man or woman must be a pro, if they are using a sniper rifle instead of a plain old pistol. Shouldn’t be too difficult to pinpoint the killer. Do you have any info on the victims?” Lauren asks. “I’ve taken the liberty of creating a profile for each victim, and the lives they have lived.” Eugene reveals, as he hands Lauren four folders. Lauren sits on Eugene’s couch, and begins looking through the folders. “So, how exactly do you intend on handling this latest case?” Eugene asks. “How am I supposed to know? I don’t even know anything about the case, other than a few people died by sniper rifle.” Lauren notes. After a moment of looking through the files, Lauren looks up at Eugene. “I think I might’ve found something.” Lauren reveals. “What is it?” Eugene asks. “Each of the victims were Christian.” Lauren reveals. “Christianity is a popular religion, so that isn’t much of a surprise.” Eugene notes. “They aren’t just Christian, they are HEAVILY Christian. They go to church every Sunday, they attended Midnight Mass every year, and they participated in a lot of church related events.” Lauren reveals. “Do you believe that the murders were committed due to the victims religions?” Eugene asks. “Could be.” Lauren notes. “Are there any other possible links between the victims?” Eugene asks. “They all attended the same church, which could be another factor in the murders.” Lauren says. “What is the name of said church?” Eugene asks. “Saint Joseph’s.” Lauren reveals. Eugene rushes over to his computer, and runs a search on Saint Joseph’s. “Anything?” Lauren asks. “According to my findings, this church has experienced a multitude of problems over the past year. Several vandalisms, as well as a fire which started under “suspicious circumstances” four months ago.” Eugene reveals. “Seems like our killer didn’t start out as a killer, just a petty vandal.” Lauren notes. “It would appear they slowly evolved.” Eugene says. “That’s the best way to harden yourself.” Lauren notes. “How do you plan on solving the case?” Eugene asks. “I’m going to church.” Lauren reveals!

*At the Goo Castle, Queen Goo is sitting by the fire, deep in thought, when Andy comes in. Andy notices Queen Goo sitting peacefully, and attempts to quietly exit the room. “Andy!” Queen Goo calls out, without turning around. Andy returns back into the room. Queen Goo stands up, and faces him. “I heard you come in. What can I do for you?” Queen Goo asks. “I just wanted to make sure you were alright, after the events at the fundraiser, yesterday.” Andy says. “I’m a little shaken up, but being taken hostage can do that to a person. My main concern are the charities. Now that Cesar has been exposed as The Master, we are beginning to lose donors. Andy, I’m terribly afraid for all of those people who will suffer because no one trusts my charities enough to donate to them anymore!” Queen Goo confesses. “Don’t worry, everyone at the Fantastic P.D is working to prove that Cesar was working alone, and that you didn’t have any part in what happened.” Andy tells her. “People will still be wary about donating to a charity with so much controversy surrounding it.” Queen Goo notes. “Everything will work itself out, and the world will soon see that you and your charities only want to help people.” Andy assures her. “I hope so...have you or any of your fellow officers spoken to that woman from the charity event? Sasha Lawrence, I believe her name was.” Queen Goo says. “Sasha Lawrence doesn’t exist. The woman was using a fake name.” Andy reveals. “That’s surprising that she would use a false identity. She was very nice to me when we spoke.” Queen Goo notes. “We haven’t been able to locate her either. After the events of the charity event, she completely dropped off of the radar. But, with any luck, we’ll find her, soon.” Andy says. “She was only trying to help.” Queen Goo tells Andy. “It doesn’t matter, she took the law into her own hands! Besides, the department has some questions for her, regarding her identity, three murders that took place, and a boat explosion that took place down at the harbor.” Andy says. “Do you think this woman is dangerous?” Queen Goo asks. “I don’t know, as of right now, I don’t know anything about this woman. But, eventually, I’m gonna get to the truth.” Andy states.

DECEMBER 2001:
*Trigger and Maxine are both at a European Beach, with their bathing suits on. “Why are we already taking a vacation day when I literally just started the job?” Maxine asks. “We aren’t. We are here for a reason.” Trigger states. “Can you stop talking like a fortune cookie and just tell me why we are here?” Maxine asks. Trigger looks over at a man, sitting in a blue beach chair. “Do you see that man?” Trigger asks. “The guy in the ugly chair? Kind of hard not to.” Maxine notes. “He’s our target. The director wants him eliminated.” Trigger states. “We are just supposed to kill him here?” Maxine asks. “The beach is pretty populated today, so that would be a terrible idea. We’ll take care of him once he goes back to his car.” Trigger tells her. “How do we know he didn’t walk here?” Maxine asks. “The agency has been monitoring him, so I have it under good authority that he drove here.” Trigger says. “Why does Greenleaf want him dead?” Maxine asks. “Its not my job to ask questions, and it isn’t your job, either. Our job is to execute orders to the best of our abilities.” Trigger tells her. “So, we just go out and kill people without even knowing why we are killing them? Does that bother you?” Maxine asks. “It did at first, but after a few times, I got use to it. Don’t worry, there is more to being a WPA agent than just assassinating people.” Trigger tells her. “Trigger, look!” Maxine says. Trigger looks, and sees that their target is on the move. “Are we gonna shoot him?” Maxine asks. “Not this time. Follow me, and stay close.” Trigger tells her. Trigger and Maxine discretely tail their target back to his car. The target is whistling, as he reaches into his pocket for his keys. As the target opens his car door, Trigger comes up behind him, and injects him with a needle! The target turns and faces Trigger, who’s eyes are cold as he looks at the target. The target all of a sudden begins to struggle breathing before dropping dead! “Are we just gonna leave him like this?” Maxine asks. “No, of course not. That’s not how we do things.” Trigger notes. Trigger pulls out a pair of black latex gloves, and puts them on. Trigger picks up the target, and moves him into the driver’s seat of the car. Trigger then pulls out a pill bottle from his own pocket, and opens it. Trigger then turns the bottle upside down, and scatters the pills all over the floor of the car. Trigger then kneels in, and picks up twelve of the pills, and puts them back in the bottle. “The drug I injected him mimics the effects of what would happen if he were to take twelve pain killers at once.” Trigger reveals. “You are making his death look like an overdose.” Maxine realizes. “I even arranged it so that the pill bottle is in his name. Shooting him would’ve attracted too much attention, so I figured an overdose would be JUST right.” Trigger says. “So now what do we do?” Maxine asks. “We report back to HQ and give Greenleaf the good news.” Trigger says. Trigger walks off, and Maxine follows, after taking one last look at the deceased target…

DECEMBER 2017:
*Lauren is sitting in church, as Eugene talks to her through her concealed earpiece. “Are you enjoying yourself?” Eugene asks. “I’m not Christian. I’m not even religious. Does that answer your question?” Lauren asks. Lauren scans the room, observing everyone around her. “It doesn’t look like anyone suspicious is in the building. But, then again, they could just be hiding in plain sight.” Lauren notes. Lauren then notices Queen Goo sitting in a row nearby. “Is everything alright?” Eugene asks. “Queen Goo is here.” Lauren notes. “I recall that the lovely Queen is very religious, which is why it surprises me that you are not.” Eugene says. “I probably would’ve been if I lived with Queen Goo my entire life, but I didn’t.” Lauren says. At that moment, the church bells begin to ring, and everyone stands up, and begins filing out. Lauren is among the crowd. “Eugene, I’m on my way out. Do me a favor, hack into the cameras outside the church, and see if there is anything suspicious on the outside.” Lauren tells him. “I’ll take a look.” Eugene says.

*In Eugene’s apartment, he is able to successfully hack into the camera feed. “Maxine, I’ve been able to successfully access the live surveillance footage.” Eugene reveals. “Do you see anything out of the ordinary?” Lauren asks. Eugene begins to scroll around the area, using the camera. “I think I see something, I’m going to zoom in.” Eugene tells her. Eugene zooms in on a car, parked nearby the church. “It would appear that someone is sitting in a car nearby, with a camera in hand. I would wager that they are taking pictures of someone.” Eugene states. “Can you identify them?” Lauren asks. “Their face isn’t in clear enough view to use my facial recognition software, but I should be able to use their license plate number to uncover their identity, which I do have access to. Just give me a brief moment.” Eugene says. Eugene opens a new tab, and types the license plate number into an app he has on his computer. “Ah, here we go. The culprit’s name is Zack Lowry, a former professional photographer, who got fired and blacklisted in the industry, due to allegations of sexual harassment. Since the incident, or, rather incidents, that cost him his previous job, he appears to have remained unemployed. Yet, somehow, he is able to afford a luxurious penthouse.” Eugene reveals. “Maybe he saved up from when he was working as a photographer.” Lauren says. “Doubtful, considering our person of interest was only employed as a photographer for one year. Not nearly enough time to build a substantial nest egg. What a waste of a college education...” Eugene says. “If Zack is living in a penthouse, he MUST be getting cash from somewhere. Send me the address of the penthouse.” Lauren orders. “Why? What are you going to do?” Eugene asks. Lauren smiles. “Zack and I are just gonna talk.” Lauren says.

*In the hallway outside his penthouse, Zack begins to unlock the penthouse door. Zack opens the door, and walks in. Once inside, he begins walking towards the minibar. On his way over to the bar, someone taps him on his shoulder. Zack turns around, and sees Lauren! Lauren flashes a brief smile at him, before punching him out! Zack falls to the floor, unconscious. “Maxine, are you alright?” Eugene asks. “I’m fine. I cant say the same thing about Zacky.” Lauren notes. “Why on earth would you murder our suspect, before interrogating him? Better still, why would you murder Mr. Lowry AT ALL?!” A furious Eugene asks. “Dude, relax, I didn’t kill Zack. But, I needed him in dreamland so that I could move him from point A to point B.” Lauren notes. “What do you mean by that?” Eugene asks. “I’m gonna try out some neat interrogation techniques on our suspect.” Lauren vaguely states.

*Zack begins to slowly open his eyes. Once he is fully aware, he realizes that he is hanging upside down from his penthouse balcony! Zack begins to panic, after realizing his current predicament. He looks up, and sees Lauren looking over the railing of the balcony! “Who-WHO ARE YOU?!” A frantic Zack asks. “Just someone in the neighborhood that wanted to come by and see you. I’m a big fan of your photography.” Lauren claims. “Well, I-I’m not a photographer anymore!” Zack yells. “I know. I heard that you took some very naughty pictures of some of the models without their consent. Apparently though, even after being fired in blacklisted in the industry, you are still in the game. What exactly WERE you taking pictures of at the church, anyway?” Lauren asks. “I have no idea what you are talking about!” Zack lies. “That’s not a very good answer to a life or death question.” Lauren tells him. “What are you talking about? Are-are you gonna kill me?” Zack asks. Lauren shrugs. “I could. I have a knife, and I’m more than capable of cutting the rope keeping you from plummeting ten stories to the ground. But, I could also pull you back up. Decisions, decisions...” Lauren says. “I’ll give you anything you want!” Zack swears. “Why were you taking pictures at the church?” Lauren asks again. “I was hired to take the pictures of some woman, and then hand them off to someone else.” Zack confesses. “Who’s the woman?” Lauren asks. “I was hired to take a picture of Queen Goo!” Zack confesses. “WHY?!” An angry Lauren asks. “I don’t know! All I know is that these people hire me to take pictures of certain people, and then bring them back to a very intimidating looking man!” Zack tells her. “Did you bring Queen Goo’s picture to the man?” Lauren asks. “No, not yet.” Zack says. “Has the meeting been arranged?” Lauren asks. “We were supposed to meet at a shady club on the bad side of town, The Emerald Night Club, at six o’clock. That’s all I know, I swear! Please...please help me up!” Zack begs. Lauren rolls her eyes. “I really hate begging.” Lauren notes. Lauren grabs the rope, and uses it to pull Zack back up. She then helps him over the railing, and back onto the porch. After this, she pulls out her switchblade and cuts the rope off of his legs. He stands up. “Thank you!” A grateful Zack tells her. Lauren responds by punching him, and knocking him out!

*Lauren is back inside the penthouse, standing over an unconscious and tied up Zack. “Eugene, I got what I needed out of Zack. I incapacitated him to make sure that he doesn’t try to warn his associate.” Lauren says. “How exactly did you do that?” Eugene asks. “I only knocked him out, and tied him up. He’s still breathing.” Lauren says. “How do you plan on proceeding now?” Eugene asks. “I’m gonna go to that meeting, in Zack’s place. Its the only way I’ll be able to get more info.” Lauren says. “Be very careful when you attend this meeting.” Eugene warns. “I’m gonna be meeting this guy in a public venue. I don’t think I’m in any danger.” Lauren notes. “The Emerald Night Club usually hosts some unsavory characters, from what I’ve heard. Some unsavory characters who might not care if your latest enemy were to murder you right in front of them. In fact, they would most certainly assist with the cover up.” Eugene claims. “I’ll just have to attend the meeting armed. Either way, I’m finding out why these people are targeting Queen Goo.” Lauren declares.

*At The Emerald Night Club, Lauren arrives, and looks around. “Have you spotted who could be the mystery associate yet?” Eugene asks. “I don’t know, everyone in here looks like a bum.” Lauren notes. A man with long hair walks over to Lauren. “Hey there, beautiful, can I buy you a drink?” The man asks. “Drop dead.” Lauren tells him, before walking away. The man follows Lauren. “Come on, don’t be like that! I’m a real cool dude when you get to know me!” The man tells her. Lauren turns towards him. “I don’t suppose you are here for a picture of Queen Goo, are you?” Lauren asks. “I don’t know, is she pretty?” The man asks. “Didn’t think so.” Lauren says. Lauren punches him in the gut, and then pushes him aside! After scaring off her pursuer, Lauren notices a muscular man, sitting at a nearby table, drinking a beer. Lauren walks over to his table. “Hi, is this seat taken?” Lauren asks. “I’m waiting for someone.” The man responds, in a cold and hostile manner. Lauren sits across from him, anyway. “Zack won’t be able to make it, I guess I’ll have to suffice.” Lauren says. The man reaches for his gun, but before he can pull it, a gunshot can be heard! It is revealed that Lauren pulled her gun under the table, and shot the man in the kneecap! The man screams out in pain, as everyone around looks over at their table. “Try that again, and the next bullet goes to your brain, assuming you have one.” Lauren warns. “You don’t wanna mess with me!” The man says. “Funny, I have a feeling your friend Zack would’ve told me the same thing, if I hadn’t knocked him out and tossed him over his own balcony.” Lauren says. “What do you want?” The man asks. “A cheeseburger with extra fries, but for now, your name will suffice.” Lauren says. “Hugo.” Hugo responds. “Hi Hugo, I’m Lauren. Do you mind telling me why you wanted a picture of Queen Goo?” Lauren asks. “I needed that picture so I could execute my orders.” Hugo says. “What orders?” Lauren asks. “My employer wants the Queen taken out, tonight.” Hugo reveals. “Who’s your employer?” Lauren asks. “I’m part of a religious group known as ‘Resurrection’, a group of Christians that believe Jesus has returned from the grave, and is walking among the rest of us. In fact, he is the leader of the group.” Hugo says. “So, you are telling me that Jesus put out a hit on the Queen? I doubt it.” Lauren says. “You’ll regret not joining Resurrection, the others did!” Hugo notes. “Your the one who killed the other four victims.” Lauren realizes. “I was just doing the lord’s work. He asked me to.” Hugo claims. “Have you ever even met this guy, before?” Lauren asks. “I have, every Resurrection member has. He’s the best leader we could’ve asked for, and we are all happy to have him as our lord. Its not too late for you to join, you know. Jesus will welcome you with open arms.” Hugo tells her. Lauren smiles. “Sure, why not?” Lauren says. “That’s WONDERFUL news! Jesus will be thrilled!” Hugo tells her. “Should we shake on it?” Lauren asks. “Yes, of course.” Hugo says. The two both stand up, and shake hands. As they are shaking hands, Lauren picks up a knife on the table with her free hand, and stabs Hugo!

*Lauren is now with Eugene at his apartment. “I made sure that Hugo spends the night in the ER, that way, he cant hurt Queen Goo.” Lauren says. “That doesn’t mean his other comrades cant, and I am certain that there are more of them.” Eugene notes. “There is only one way to find out. Run a search on Resurrection.” Lauren says. “I already have. Resurrection is a cult that believes Jesus has been born again, in the form of a mortal.” Eugene reveals. “Does this mortal have a name?” Lauren asks. “The head of the organization is apparently named Lord Ramon Niles, a man known in the criminal justice system for petty crimes such as theft and vandalism.” Eugene states. “That certainly fits the description of the early crimes these people were committing. But, why target Queen Goo?” Lauren asks. “Queen Goo is a powerful figure in society, that although Christian, much like the members of Resurrection, doesn’t believe that Jesus has yet returned. They most certainly see her mindset as a threat, and are concerned that she could influence some of their followers, or potential followers.” Eugene says. “Do you know where “Lord” Niles can be found?” Lauren asks. “Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find a current address for Mr. Niles. Rather than trying to locate him, perhaps you should focus your attention on protecting Queen Goo.” Eugene says. “How am I supposed to do that without revealing my identity?” Lauren wonders.

JANUARY 2002:
*Late at night, in Switzerland, Trigger and Maxine are sitting in a parked car, watching a building. “Our target is on the third floor of that building.” Trigger tells her, as he slides a picture of the target over to Maxine’s seat. “How are we gonna eliminate this one?” Maxine asks, while looking at the picture. “There isn’t any reason we should go in quietly on this one. Its time to make some fireworks. There are two machine guns in the trunk, one for each of us. Do you have your backup?” Trigger asks. Maxine lifts her pant leg, and reveals a pistol strapped to her ankle. “Lets go make some noise. Lots of it.” Trigger says.

*Two men are standing in the hallway, when the elevator doors open. The two men go to pull their weapons, but Trigger and Maxine gun them down before they can. “We are going to apartment 3E, that is where the target is located.” Trigger says. As Maxine and Trigger are cautiously proceeding down the hallway, but someone comes around the corner, and attacks trigger! The man attempts to subdue Trigger, but Maxine swings her gun at him, and knocks him unconscious! Once the man is unconscious, Trigger fires multiple shots at him, killing him! “Did you really have to kill him?” Maxine asks. “We have orders to kill anyone that gets in the way.” Trigger tells Maxine, before continuing down the hallway. Trigger and Maxine reach the door for 3E, and both nod at each other. Trigger then kicks the door open! Once they come in, the startled target immediately takes cover behind the kitchen island, before they can shoot him! The target peeks out, and begins firing shots at Trigger and Maxine! Maxine fires multiple shots at the target, while Trigger sneaks away. The target comes out from behind the island once more, and fires more shots at Maxine, who dives behind the sofa to avoid getting hit! While the target is focusing his attention on Maxine, Trigger comes up behind him, and fires multiple shots, killing him! Another man comes out from the other room, carrying a gun, and Trigger immediately shoots him dead, as well. “I see where you got your nickname.” Lauren notes. “We killed the target, time to go.” Trigger says. “What about the mess?” Lauren asks. “Someone else will take care of it. We’ve gotta get back to HQ.” Trigger tells her. Trigger walks out, and Maxine takes one last look at the dead target, before following Trigger out the door.

DECEMBER 2017:
*Lauren is outside the Goo Castle, spying on Queen Goo through the living room window, using binoculars. “Queen Goo seems fine so far.” Lauren says. “Looks can be deceiving. Someone else could be spying on Queen Goo just as easily as you are right now.” Eugene points out. “Gee, thanks for making me nervous.” Lauren sarcastically says. Lauren squints her eyes. “Wait a minute...” Lauren says. Lauren zooms in with her binoculars, and sees a red dot on Queen Goo’s back! “Eugene, a sniper is getting ready to kill Queen Goo!” Lauren reveals. “Oh dear...you HAVE to get in there and rescue her!” Eugene tells Lauren. “There isn’t any time. I have to take drastic measures.” Lauren says. Lauren pulls out her pistol, and aims it directly at Queen Goo’s window! She then fires a shot! The bullet flies through the window, just barely missing Queen Goo! Queen Goo hears the shot, and immediately dives to the floor, and hides behind the couch! “Maxine, what was that noise? Are you alright?” Eugene asks. “I said I needed to take drastic measures, Gene. I fired a shot through Queen Goo’s window. That way, Queen Goo would take cover before the real assailant was able to shoot.” Lauren reveals. “You could’ve shot her!” Eugene yells. Lauren smiles. “No I couldn’t have.” Lauren argues.

*Nearby, the shooter tries to get a visual on Queen Goo through the scope on his sniper, but is unable to do so. The shooter then pulls out his phone, and makes a call. “Yeah, its me. I was just about to take out the queen, when someone else took a shot at her. They missed, but now, she’s outta sight. What do you want me do to?...Understood.” The shooter hangs up, and prepares to move to a different location. The shooter stands up, but just then, Lauren arrives, and shoots out his kneecaps!

*Back in the castle, a frantic Andy rushes into the living room. “I heard gunshots!” Andy tells Queen Goo. “The bullet came through the window.” Queen Goo reveals. “I’ll call for backup, and then I’ll search the grounds to see if the shooter is still in the area.” Andy says. Andy pulls out his phone, and begins to dial.

*Lauren is with the shooter, and kicks the sniper away from him when he goes to reach for it. “You made a BIG mistake, trying to shoot Queen Goo.” Lauren says. “Are you gonna kill me?” The shooter asks. Lauren ignores him. “Where is Ramon Niles?” Lauren asks. “I don’t know who that is.” The shooter lies. “Oh, I’m sorry, my mistake. Where is “Jesus”?” Lauren asks. “I would never put my lord in any kind of danger by giving up his location!” The shooter says. “You know, if I sold your heart on the black market, I would make a killing.” Lauren says. “You...you plan on selling my heart after I die?” The shooter asks. “Unless you give me the answers I want, I’m gonna perform open heart surgery right here, and I don’t plan on giving you any pain meds.” Lauren says. Lauren pulls out a knife, kneels down, and holds it close to the shooter’s chest. “Last chance.” Lauren tells him. “The lord is hiding out in an abandoned power plant right outside of town! And just so you know, I’m not the only one that the lord sent to take out the Queen! In case I failed, there are other men ready to take her out.” The shooter reveals. “Thanks for the info.” Lauren tells him, before elbowing him hard in the face, knocking him out! Lauren stands up, and puts her knife away. “Eugene, I have a location on Niles, but Queen Goo is still in danger.” Lauren states. “What do you plan on doing?” Eugene asks. “The only thing I can do.” Lauren says.

*Queen Goo is pacing in the living room, while staying out of the view of any windows. A moment later, the patio doors open, and Lauren walks in! “I know you! You’re the woman that went after Cesar at the charity event. You said your name was Sasha Lawrence.” Queen Goo notes. “Sorry that I lied about my name.” Lauren apologizes. “Did you have something to do with the shot that was just fired at me?” Queen Goo asks. “I wasn’t aiming for you, I was aiming NEAR you. Someone else on the property had a sniper ready, and was going to kill you. I thought that the only way to help you would be to scare you out of view.” Lauren notes. “I suppose that was good thinking, I just wish you could’ve done it in a less dangerous way. Who tried to kill me?” Queen Goo asks. “I’ll tell you everything later, but for now, we need to get you somewhere safe. You are still in danger.” Lauren tells her. “Okay, but, I have to tell Andy.” Queen Goo says. “There isn’t any time.” Lauren says. “How do I know that I can trust you?” Queen Goo asks. “If I wanted you dead, I would’ve killed you at the charity event, instead of saving your life from The Master and his goons. I swear that I only want to help you, but in order to do that, you need to come with me.” Lauren says. Queen Goo cautiously nods. “Come on. I’ll lead the way.” Lauren says. Lauren walks out, and Queen Goo follows.

*Nearby the castle, Andy searches the grounds, with his gun drawn, and finds the shooter unconscious! “Looks like I found the guy who tried to take out my mother...or at least someone who wanted to. He has a sniper, so he probably wouldn’t have had any trouble eliminating her...so why didn’t he?” Andy wonders. Andy picks up the sniper, and checks it. “There aren’t any bullets missing, which means someone else must’ve taken the shot.” Andy realizes. Andy notices that the shooter himself has been shot in the knees. “What is going on?” Andy wonders.

*At Eugene’s apartment, someone knocks on the door. Eugene runs to the door, opens it, and finds Queen Goo and Lauren standing there. “You actually used the front door, for once.” Eugene notes. “I doubt Queen Goo would’ve wanted to scale the side of the building.” Lauren notes. “Wait, you know Eugene?” Queen Goo asks Lauren. “Lauren and I...are friends.” Eugene tells Queen Goo. Lauren closes Eugene’s blinds. “Don’t worry, I made sure I wasn’t followed, so we should be safe.” Lauren tells Eugene. “I certainly hope you weren’t, I’m not equipped to protect Queen Goo.” Eugene notes. “Are you not staying?” Queen Goo asks Lauren. “I have a lead on the guy who tried to have you killed.” Lauren says. “Who would do such a thing?” Queen Goo asks. “Eugene will fill you in.” Lauren tells her. Lauren turns towards Eugene. “Once I get there, I need you to check and see if there are any security cameras you can hack into.” Lauren tells Eugene. “I wouldn’t get my hopes up. After all, the power plant IS abandoned.” Eugene points out. “I won’t get my hopes up. Stay safe, you two.” Lauren tells them, before exiting the apartment, this time through the window. “Why didn’t she just use the door?” Queen Goo asks. “That is a mystery I am still trying to decipher myself.” Eugene notes.

JANUARY 2002:
*Maxine is standing on a foot bridge, looking out at the water. Trigger comes up behind her. “I thought I might find you here. Its nice, quiet, and close to the hotel.” Trigger notes. “You checking up on me?” Maxine asks. “I like to make sure that my partners are in top form.” Trigger tells her. “Sorry for not even being close.” Maxine apologizes. “I see...so this is about you not being okay with killing those people.” Trigger realizes. “I don’t like killing people, especially when I don’t even know why I am doing it. For all I know, our victims could’ve done nothing wrong!” Maxine argues. “I understand. I was the same way when I first started.” Trigger says. “What changed you?” Maxine asks. “Like I told you at the beach, eventually, I just got use to it. Killing someone gets easier every time you do it, and after all of the times I’ve killed people, I don’t feel a thing anymore. Some might say that makes me a sociopath, I think it makes me good at what I do. Why did you become a WPA agent, anyway?” Trigger asks. “My parents were killed by a terrorist in a mass shooting, when I was just a teenager. I thought that by joining the WPA, I might be able to help in the fight against terrorism.” Maxine admits. “That’s as good of a reason as any for joining the agency. The next time you are forced to kill someone, it might help to assume that they are a potential terrorist, it’ll make it a lot easier for you.” Trigger tells her. “I cant just pretend.” Maxine says. “You wouldn’t be, because the chances are high that the targets we killed were probably threats to National Security. Why else would the WPA have any interest in them?” Trigger tells her. “Why are you trying to help me? Initially, you didn’t even want to work with me.” Maxine notes. “I’d still rather work alone, but if I have to have a partner, I’d like to do whatever I can to help them. Have a good night.” Trigger tells her, before walking away, leaving Maxine to stare up at the stars…

DECEMBER 2017:
*Queen Goo is still with Eugene in his apartment. “So, how long have you and Lauren been working together?” Queen Goo asks. “Not long. Queen Goo, I can assure you, Lauren is only trying to help.” Eugene tells Queen Goo. “I believe you, after all, I don’t think you would be working with a criminal. Your friend Lauren is...very intriguing. In fact, I feel as if I’ve met her somewhere before. Lauren claims that we haven’t, but, then again, she also claimed that her name was Sasha Lawrence.” Queen Goo notes. “Lauren is rather new in town, so its very unlikely that the two of you have ever crossed paths.” Eugene lies. “I have my reasons for being skeptical, Eugene. Lauren’s eyes aren’t just very familiar, but her voice is, too...I feel like I’ve known her for years.” Queen Goo says. “You’ve figured out the truth, haven’t you?” Eugene asks. “What I’ve figured out couldn’t possibly be true.” Queen Goo notes. “Alas, it is indeed true.” Eugene says. “No, that’s impossible! She doesn’t even look the same!” Queen Goo notes. “I understand why you wouldn’t initially believe me, I too was in denial, but she showed me the truth. Lauren Bates is indeed Maxine Smarts.” Eugene confesses! “How...how did Maxine survive?!” A shocked Queen Goo asks. “I don’t have the particular details. What I do know is that Maxine was injured in a mission, and the WPA rescued her. However, they told the public that she had been killed during a mission. They then gave her a new face, a new identity, and ordered her to go live far away from Fantastic City, under the condition that she never tell a soul that she was actually alive and well, now living as Lauren Bates.” Eugene reveals. “But she ended up returning anyway, why?” Queen Goo asks. “She returned to help rescue Fantastic City from its descent into darkness.” Eugene reveals. “That is why she targeted The Master. Does Lauren...Maxine, realize how dangerous this is?” Queen Goo asks. “She does, yet, she continues on with her crusade. Maxine is nothing if not fearless.” Eugene says. “I am proud of Maxine for fighting for our city, don’t get me wrong, but her putting her life on the line to do it...I don’t want to lose her again!” Queen Goo says. “I don’t think you will. Since returning, Maxine seems more than capable of handling herself in the face of danger. I have no doubt that if anyone can survive the harsh and cruel streets of Fantastic City, Maxine can.” Eugene tells Queen Goo.

*Andy returns to the living room in the castle. “Mom, I found something interest-” Before Andy finishes, he notices that Queen Goo is gone! “Oh no, they got her.” Andy realizes!

*Across the street from the abandoned power plant, Maxine is looking through a pair of binoculars, eyeing the place. “Eugene, I’m at the power plant. I see three cameras around the building. Any chance you can access them?” Lauren asks. “I’ll certainly try, if you’ll just give me a brief moment.” Eugene says. Eugene goes silent for a moment, as Lauren can hear the clicking of keys on a keyboard. “Good news, as it turns out, the cameras are in fact online, and I was able to hack into them. It would appear that Mr. Nile’s lair is heavily guarded, as eight guards are stationed outside the power plant.” Eugene tells her. Lauren pulls out her gun. “Good thing I’m always ready for a shootout.” Lauren notes. Lauren sneaks into the front of the power plant, and hides behind a bunker. While in cover, Lauren twists the silencer onto her gun. Once the silencer is on, Lauren peeks over the bunker, and fires three shots at the head of one of the guards. The guard immediately drops to the ground, having been killed by Lauren. Lauren then quietly proceeds to another bunker, one that is much closer to the entrance of the building. A guard walks by the front door, and Lauren quietly walks up behind him. Once she is close enough, she knocks him out with the butt of her gun! Lauren checks to make sure the coast is clear, before quietly entering the power plant. “I’m inside the building, Gene. Are there any cameras in here that you can hack?” Lauren asks. “I cant seem to find any, I’m afraid.” Eugene informs her. “Ramon probably didn’t want any cameras on the inside because he was paranoid someone might into them and spy on him.” Lauren notes. Lauren turns on her flashlight, and proceeds down the dark staircase. After walking down three flights of stairs, Lauren reaches the bottom, which is the beginning of a very long and dark hallway. Lauren begins walking down the hallway, and notices the faint glimpse of a door in the distance. Each step Lauren takes, the closer she comes to this mysterious door. After what felt like a forever long walk, Lauren finally reaches the door. Lauren raises her gun, and then kicks the door in! Lauren enters the dark room, and finds a man with his back turned to her. “Ramon?” Lauren asks. The man turns towards her. “My name...is Jesus.” Ramon argues. “Right.” An unconvinced Lauren says. “Put your weapon down, Miss, or it won’t end well for you.” Ramon tells her. “I don’t see any backup coming to your aid.” Lauren notes. “I’m not talking about backup, I am talking about what will happen once you enter the afterlife. If you kill me, you will face eternal damnation for what you have done.” Ramon declares. “That kind of makes you a hypocrite, doesn’t it? I know what you did to those four Christians, and I know what you are planning to do to Queen Goo.” Lauren reveals. “Freeing their spirits was for the greater good.” Ramon states. “You did it to shut them up!” Lauren argues. “Foolish girl, you have no IDEA what you are talking about!” Ramon tells her. “You sent a sniper to kill Queen Goo, right after you had four other people killed. That isn’t the work of a devine being, that is the work of an evil man who wants to shut anyone up that might ruin his deranged fantasy.” Lauren argues. “THIS is not a fantasy! I am Jesus, and I have risen from the dead, just as the Bible said I would!” Ramon says. “You are a NOBODY, and I’m surprised anyone is even stupid enough to follow you. I know all about you, you were a loser in life, you failed at nearly everything you’ve ever done, so in order to remain relevant, you became a cult leader.” Lauren says. “Resurrection is NOT a cult! It is a group of pure individuals who’s goal is to enlighten the corrupt human race!” Ramon declares. “By killing people?” Lauren asks. “Only those who stand against my plan, which puts you at the top of the list, my child.” Ramon says. At that moment, two of Ramon’s men burst in through a door, and begin shooting at Lauren! Lauren runs over to a circular table, and flips it over so that she can use it for cover! A moment later, Lauren appears from behind the table, and fires multiple shots at both of Ramon’s men, killing both of them! During the scuffle, Ramon escapes through a secret passageway in the wall. Lauren notices him disappear into the wall, and immediately gives chase. Lauren pushes through the panel in the wall, and enters the secret tunnel. She notices Ramon running up ahead, not far from her current position. Lauren swiftly aims her gun, and fires at Ramon! Ramon is hit in the back, and drops to the ground. Lauren runs over to him. Once she reaches his side, she turns him over to make sure he is still alive. “Looks like you got lucky, but you still caught the bitter bullet. That was for Queen Goo, and the four people you actually did kill.” Lauren growls. Ramon begins to cry. “I...I cant go to jail! All...all of my...my work, would’ve...been for nothing!” Ramon cries. Lauren zipties Ramon’s hands together. “Tell someone who gives a crap. Lucky for you, you’ll get the chance to do just that, because as long as the ambulance I’m about to call gets to you within the next thirty minutes, you should be fine, physically, anyway. I’ll be dropping off a bag of evidence for the cops on you and your operations, and you’ll probably be locked up for the rest of eternity. Have a nice life, “Jesus.” Lauren tells him.

*Queen Goo is still with Eugene. “How long has Maxine been in Fantastic?” Queen Goo asks. “Probably for only a week or so. She probably would’ve told you that she was alive, but she was under strict orders not to. I shouldn’t have even told you.” Eugene says. “I’m glad you did. Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to jeopardize my daughter’s safety, after just getting her back, so her secret is safe.” Queen Goo says. “Thank you, your royal majesty.” Eugene thanks her. Someone knocks on the door. “Delivery!” The person on the other end of the door announces. “It is somewhat late for a delivery. Perhaps you should go hide while I tend to the door.” Eugene tells her. Queen Goo nods, and walks off into the other room. Eugene opens the door to the delivery man. “This must be some sort of mistake. You see, good sir, I haven’t ordered anything.” Eugene says. The delivery man smiles, before pulling out a gun! “Where is she?” The delivery man asks. “I’m sorry, but I-I have no idea what you are talking about.” Eugene says. “You’re lying. Here’s the deal, dork, if you don’t give me the truth, I’m gonna have to kill you, and I really don’t want to do that. So, why don’t you just cooperate?” The delivery man asks. “I’m afraid I don’t have any information to give you.” Eugene lies. “Wrong answer.” The delivery man says. The delivery man points the gun at Eugene’s head, and prepares to pull the trigger. A gunshot rings out, and the delivery man drops to the ground, revealing Lauren standing behind him, holding a smoking gun! “Sorry if I was a little late.” Lauren says. “Oh thank the heavens that you have returned!” Eugene says, before rushing into Lauren’s arms! “There, there, Gene, lets not get all emotional on me.” Lauren says, as she pats Eugene on the back. Queen Goo comes out of the other room. “Has everything been handled?” Queen Goo asks. “I shot Ramon, tied him up, and stayed with him until the ambulance got there, and then left.” Lauren says. “Do you have evidence that Ramon had those four individuals killed, and was going to have the all powerful queen killed as well?” Eugene asks. “I sent the Fantastic P.D all they need for a conviction.” Lauren states. “Thank you for helping me, Maxine.” Queen Goo says. Lauren glares at Eugene. “You told her?!” A frustrated Lauren asks. “She had already practically figured out the truth by the time I divulged it to her!” Eugene argues. Lauren turns towards Queen Goo. “I can explain.” Lauren says. “You don’t have to. Eugene told me everything, and I understand why you stayed away for as long as you have. I’m just happy to have my precious daughter back.” Queen Goo says, before pulling Lauren into a tight hug. Lauren hugs Queen Goo for a moment, and then pulls away. “Listen, no one can know that I’m alive, especially not Andy.” Lauren says. “Don’t worry, I’ll keep it a secret.” Queen Goo assures her. “I have a question, did Mr. Niles send the delivery man to eliminate Queen Goo?” Eugene asks. “Probably. But, it is kinda odd that they knew where to find Queen Goo, since I was really careful when driving over here. Anyway, I should probably get Queen Goo home.” Lauren says. “Andy is probably worried sick. What am I supposed to tell him about where I was?” Queen Goo asks. “Just tell him that you went somewhere safe, that’s all he needs to know.” Lauren tells her. Queen Goo nods in agreement.

*In the castle living room, Andy is with two other police officers. “So, I want this entire neighborhood searched, do you understand? No rock goes left unturned.” Andy orders. At that moment, Queen Goo walks in behind Andy. “I don’t think that’ll be necessary, Detective.” One of the officers says. Andy turns around, and sees Queen Goo! He breathes a sigh of relief. “Oh thank god you are alright. Where have you been?!” Andy asks. “I was somewhere safe, where no one could hurt me.” Queen Goo assures Andy.

*Lauren sits on Eugene’s couch. “Not only did I get Queen Goo home safe, but I also got rid of that delivery man’s body. Boy, its been a long day.” Lauren notes. “At least it is finally over.” Eugene says. “Its not over...as long as there are crooks left on the street, it will never be over. I’m just happy that I’m able to help with the fight against crime.” Lauren says. “Help? You aren’t helping the fight against crime, you are leading it! Now, I will be the first to admit that I don’t always approve of the extreme methods you tend to resort to, however, I do know that your intentions are pure. Thank you for protecting Fantastic City, and me, from harm.” Eugene thanks her. Lauren smiles.

*On a rooftop in Fantastic, a man can be seen from behind, watching the sun rise. Another man walks up, and joins him. “I’ve got some bad news. Your man that was sent, disguised as a delivery person? He was killed, shot in the back of the head by former Agent Smarts.” The man tells the mystery person. “I’m not surprised. Maxine Smarts was one of the best agents the WPA had, she knows how to stay alive.” The mystery person notes. “How do you want us to proceed?” The man asks. “We aren’t gonna proceed...I am.” Trigger smiles! “I was the one given the task of taking out Maxine, which means I’m gonna be the one to do it. Her days on this planet are numbered.” Trigger declares!

To Be Continued...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum