QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#02 The Zodiac Alliance: Union of Heroes

Go down

#02 The Zodiac Alliance: Union of Heroes Empty #02 The Zodiac Alliance: Union of Heroes

Post by QG Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:32 pm

*Lilac is lying asleep on the couch in her and Celina's apartment, tossing and turning. All of a sudden, she hears the screeching sound of the breaks on a car, and jumps up! Celina, who is nearby, notices. "Lilac, what's wrong?" Celina asks. "What are you talking about? Nothing is wrong." Lilac says. "Just now, you were fast asleep. All of a sudden, you jump, looking like you saw a ghost." Celina says. "Oh, that..." Lilac says. "Mind telling me what happened?" Celina asks. "It was just a nightmare...every once in a while, I'll have this dream where I cant see anything, I just hear, like, the screeching noises of car breaks or something. I don't know." Lilac says. "Uh, I'm sure it is just that...a nightmare." Celina says. "Of course it is." Lilac says. "So, are you all packed?" Celina asks. "Huh? Packed for what?" Lilac asks. "Don't tell me you already forgot about that invite we got. Remember? The one to the island? You are packed...aren't you?" Celina asks. Lilac falls off the couch. "I completely forgot!" Lilac says. "How did you forget?! We just got the invite yesterday!" Celina points out. "I was gonna go pack, but, I saw something good on TV, so, I decided to wait until the show was over. Next thing I know, I'm jumping up from my nightmare, and you're standing there!" Lilac says. "HURRY UP! We need to be at the airport A.S.A.P!" Celina yells. "Alright, alright! I'm going!" Lilac says. Lilac stands up, and runs off to her room, as Celina rolls her eyes.

*Jordan is in her office, typing something on her computer. Jordan then closes her laptop. "Finally, done. That list of people to fire sure did take longer than expected. Huh, who knows, maybe these people mean more to me than I thought....Oh well, I'm sure I'll see them at the supermarket sometime." Jordan says to herself. Jordan clicks on the intercom button. "Caleb, report to my office immediately." Jordan says. A moment later, Caleb comes running in. "Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" Jordan asks. "You-you called me, ma'am. So...I figured it was okay if I just walked right in." Caleb says. "Listen, I'm going out of town, and I'll probably be gone for a few days. With that being said, while I'm gone, I need you to continue the effort to put our company on top, and leave Ward International in our dust." Jordan says. "M-me?! Uh, I don't know...I'm not sure if I can do it." Caleb says. "Get sure. This is a full blown war, Caleb, one that I fully intend on winning." Jordan says. "No pressure, right?" Caleb asks. Jordan smiles. "I never said anything like that." Jordan says. "Okay, fine. I'll do it." Caleb says. "That's the spirit! That is exactly why I chose you to be my assistant. By the way, I faxed you a list of people that I want outed from the company. Once you deliver them the bad news, I want you to begin conducting interviews to find replacements for them. Make sure that they are GOOD replacements." Jordan says. "You want me to do all of THAT?" Caleb asks. "You CAN handle it, cant you?" Jordan asks. "Uh, yes, of course! I can handle any task you give me." Caleb says. "Excellent. I'll see you soon, then. Good luck!" Jordan says. Jordan begins to walk out. "Have a safe trip!" Caleb yells to her, as she exits the room.

*Martin is walking down a hallway in city hall, and is quickly followed by his assistant. "Mr. Elliot, sir." She says. "What is it?" Martin asks. "I heard you were going on a trip. I was just hoping you could tell me where you're going, and how long you're going to be gone for." The assistant says. "Might I ask the need for this interrogation?" Martin asks. "I just want to know what to tell the people. They are going to wonder what is up when their mayor leaves town." She says. "You want to know what to tell them? Tell them NOTHING! Its none of their darn business where I'm going, or, how long I'll be gone for. Do I ask where they are going when they decide to cross the Saturn City boarder? No!" Martin says. "Maybe so, but, saying nothing COULD reflect badly on you, and it could easily be brought up by your opponent at the next mayoral election." She says. Martin sighs. "Just tell them that I'm leaving town on a family emergency, or some junk like that." Martin orders. "Is it true?" His assistant asks. "Does it matter? Just make the people think it is." Martin tells her, before walking away.

*Yazmin enters Lester's office, and finds him working at his computer. "Are you ready to go? We are supposed to be at the airport by nine." Yazmin says. "I'm not sure if I'm going to be going. I have a ton of work that I need to do here, and going off on some little island getaway would only get in the way of that." Lester tells her. "And, what about me?" Yazmin asks. "What about you? You can go if you want." Lester says. "I know I can, I wasn't asking for your permission, no offense. But, what if I'm walking into some sort of a trap? You know, our father made a lot of enemies while running Ward International, it could be one of them, back for revenge." Yazmin states. "Well, if you think that it could be a trap, maybe you shouldn't go. Maybe you should just stay home, with me." Lester suggests. "I don't think so. I'm sick of being stuck at home because you are always to busy to make time for a vacation, or even a family day. I want the chance to be able to live a little." Yazmin says. "If this whole thing is a trap, you wont be living at all." Lester points out. Yazmin shrugs. "I'm still curious, so, I'm still going, with or without you." Yazmin says. Lester's office phone begins to ring. "Hold that thought." Lester says. Lester answers the phone. "Lester Ward here." Lester says. "Yes, Mr. Ward. My name is Nigel." Nigel tells him. "What can I do for you?" Lester asks. "Well, you see, I'm the butler of Helena Jenkins, the woman who sent you and your sister an invitation to a private party on her island. I was just calling to confirm that you would be attending." Nigel tells him. "Yeah, about that. I'm not sure if I'll be attending. Unfortunately, work doesn't permit it." Lester says. "Mr. Ward, I don't mean to sound pushy, but, I simply must insist that you come. You attending party is, in reality, a matter of life or death. It really is imperative that you attend." Nigel tells him. "That important, huh?" Lester asks. "Indeed it is. Please, Mr. Ward, reconsider your decision. It really is important that you, and everyone else that received an invitation, attends." Nigel tells him. Lester sighs. "This better not be a trap." Lester warns. "I can assure you, it isn't." Nigel says. "Alright. I'll be at the airport as scheduled." Lester says. "Splendid! I look forward to meeting both you and your sister! Farewell." Nigel says. Lester hangs up the phone. "Well, it looks like you and I are both going to that party." Lester says. "Yay!" Yazmin squeals.

*Jeannie comes out of her room, and finds Levi on the phone with his boss. "So, here's the deal. Turns out, I'm going to need to take a few days off from work...Well, you see, I'm going to be out of the country for a few days...How can I afford it? Well, its free, sir...I know it is short notice, but, so wasn't the notice I got about the party...No, I'm not ditching work to go attend some random social event!...I'm what?! Hello?! HELLO?!" Levi asks, before tossing his phone across the room. "Chill out, that's a $500.00 phone." Jeannie says. "Like you paid for it." Levi says. "How did it go with your boss?" Jeannie asks. "He fired me, right before hanging up on me." Levi reveals. "Don't worry about it. How many times has he fired you, and then ends up calling you back? I'm sure it is going to be fine." Jeannie says. "I hope so. My income at that joint is the only thing that we are living off of. Without that, we are screwed." Levi says. "True, but like I said, you shouldn't worry about it. I'm sure things will work themselves out. So, are you all packed?" Jeannie asks. "I am, what about you?" Levi asks. "Almost, there is just one more thing I need." Jeannie says. Jeannie grabs her sketch book, and stuffs it into her suitcase. "Do you need to bring that thing everywhere with you?" Levi asks. "I would feel naked without it. Speaking of which, I wonder if there are any good spots to sketch on the island?" Jeannie says. "We are only staying long enough to meet with the mystery woman from the letter, that's it." Levi says. "Well, you're no fun. Don't you ever get tired of being a stick in the mud?" Jeannie asks. "Ha ha, very funny. Come on, lets go." Levi says. Levi walks out the door. "I wasn't joking." Jeannie says, under her breath, before following Levi.

*Garrett and Eduardo are on the couch in their apartment, watching TV, when Morgan comes out of the other room, holding her suitcase. "Are you guys all packed?" Morgan asks. "Yup." Garrett and Eduardo tell her at the same time. "Mind me asking why you are loafing on the couch, when we need to be at the airport in twenty minutes?" Morgan asks. "We just so happen to be watching our favorite TV show." Garrett reveals. Morgan rolls her eyes. "There isn't any time for that." Morgan says. "Shhhh!" Eduardo tells her. Morgan begins to growl angrily. "GET MOVING! WE NEEDED TO BE OUT THAT DOOR LIKE YESTERDAY!" Morgan screams. Garrett and Eduardo jump off the couch. "Ready!" They both say. "Good, now grab your suitcases, and lets go down to the car." Morgan demands. Garrett and Eduardo both nod, grab their suitcases, and run out the door. A pleased Morgan smiles, before walking out the door.

*In his cabin, Alonzo is packing his suitcase. Inside it are several different guns and knives. "My WPA badge should be able to get me past security with these, no problem. I don't trust this one bit, which is why I need to be prepared, in case this is a trap. I've made a lot of enemies...both while in the army, and the WPA. I cant risk one of them coming back for revenge, and getting the jump on me, which is why I am going to be the one to get the jump on them first." Alonzo thinks to himself. He closes up the suitcase, and then throws it over his shoulder. He opens the front door, and as soon as he does, his hair begins to flow in the wind. Alonzo closes the door behind him, and then walks off...

*At the airport, Lester and Yazmin arrive. "Here we are! I cant wait! This is gonna be fun! Finally, a day where we don't need to worry about work or anything like that." Yazmin says. "I appreciate the time off I am getting with you just as much as you do, but try to remember that this isn't a family vacation. Someone asked us to come to this island, and we have no idea why." Lester says. Lester and Yazmin notice Jordan show up. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the little engine that couldn't. Hey Jordan, how's your failure of a company doing?" Lester asks. "Funny, I was just going to ask you the same thing. I figured I'd do it now, since it wont be long before you don't have a company to fail with." Jordan says. "Uh, can we save all of this business talk for another time? Being around Lester so much, I'm KINDA sick of hearing about it." Yazmin says. "Fine with me." Jordan says. "What are you doing here, Jordan? Are you taking a trip?" Yazmin asks. "You could say that. I got an invitation to some party on a private island. The letter was light on details, so I'm not sure what it is all about." Jordan says. "Me and my brother got the same invite." Yazmin says. "Hmm, I wonder if this has something to do with the feud between our family's companies." Jordan says. "Not everything is about business, Jordan." Lester says. "This coming from the workaholic who has been working over time to make me and my company look like a joke." Jordan snipes. Lester chuckles. "You don't need me for that." Lester says. Jordan shakes her head. "I'm going to go find a good seat on the plane." Jordan says. "That's a good idea, maybe we should, too." Yazmin says. Lester nods. Lester and Jordan board the plane, and Yazmin follows them. A moment later, Garrett, Eduardo, and Morgan arrive. As they are walking towards the plane, Morgan notices Eduardo drop a picture. "Hey, Ed, you dropped..." Before Morgan finishes, she notices that the picture is of a woman familiar to all of them. Eduardo notices the picture, and quickly picks it up. "Thanks." Eduardo says, before boarding the plane. Garrett goes to follow. "Garrett, hold on a sec." Morgan says. "What's up?" Garrett asks. "Do you..." Morgan stops herself. "Do I...what?" Garrett asks. "I was just going to ask you if you think Eduardo is still grieving." Morgan says. "Whenever I talk to him, he seems fine. But, I'm not surprised. It HAS been a while." Garrett says. "True, but Eduardo really loved her. Moving on might be easier said than done." Morgan states. "I don't know...we should probably board the plane, before it decides to leave without us. Come on." Garrett says. Garrett and Morgan board the plane, and a moment after, Levi and Jeannie arrive. "This is SO crazy. We've never been on a plane before. To tell you the truth, I'm kinda nervous." Jeannie says. "Don't be. You are gonna be just fine." Levi assures her. Jeannie smiles at him, and the two board the plane. Soon after, Martin arrives. Martin prepares to board the plane, but, before he can, Tony steps out of the shadows. "Going somewhere?" Tony asks. "I'm taking a quick trip. I shouldn't be gone long, probably only a few days." Martin says. "Don't take too long, Martin. There is work to be done, here in Saturn City. Remember, I'm the reason you are even in office. I could just as easily be the reason you are taken out of office. But, that should be the least of your concerns. When dealing with me, losing your job and being exposed as corrupt would be a walk in the park compared to what else I could do to you. So, you better watch your step." Tony threatens. "I-I will, sir." Martin says. Tony pats him on the back. "Have a nice day, and a safe trip." Tony says. "I'll let you know when I'm back in town." Martin says. "Don't bother. I'll know, whether you tell me or not. I know everything that goes on in this city." Tony states, before walking off. Martin sighs, before walking onto the plane. A moment later, running can be heard. Celina can be seen running towards the plane, with Lilac struggling to keep up. "Hurry up! We are gonna miss our flight!" Celina tells her. "I can only run as fast as my legs can take me!" Lilac tells her. Celina stops, and waits for Lilac to catch up. Once Lilac catches up, Celina grabs her arm. "What are you doing?" Lilac asks. "Just trust me." Celina says. Celina all of a sudden tosses Lilac towards the plane! Lilac flies through the door of the plane, and a crash can be heard a moment later. "At least she is in." Celina says. Celina runs towards the plane again, and walks in. Alonzo now arrives, and silently gets on the plane...

*The plane can be seen from afar, ascending into the air.

*In the plane, Yazmin is sitting next to Lester. "I don't understand why I cant find a decent guy, no matter how hard I try. Hm, I wonder if any of the guys on this plane are any good." Yazmin says. "Well, while you are trying to sort out your romantic issues, I'm gonna go solve mine. Excuse me, sis." Lester says. Lester stands up, and begins to walk down the aisle. Lester stops at Morgan's seat. "Is this seat taken?" Lester asks, about the empty seat next to her. "No." Morgan says. Lester sits next to her. Morgan sighs. "Just because I said the seat wasn't taken, doesn't mean I was giving you an invitation to sit in it." Morgan says. "I'm sorry for offending you. I was just hoping to start up a conversation with a beautiful woman, that's all." Lester says. "What about the girl you were just sitting next to?" Morgan asks. "My sister. Allow me to introduce myself. The name is Lester Ward, CEO of Ward International." Lester says. "I don't care." Morgan coldly says. "Oh...okay. I see we've gotten off onto the wrong foot. How about I take you out to dinner some night, and I try to fix that?" Lester asks. "I have to use the bathroom." Morgan says, before standing up, and walking away. Lester stands up, and returns to his seat next to Yazmin. "You made a valiant effort." Yazmin notes. "What did I do wrong?" Lester asks. "Your biggest mistake was trying to use your position of power as a selling point. It might work with some girls, but it doesn't work with all of them." Yazmin says. "I thought women found money attractive." Lester says. Yazmin pats him on the back. "You have A LOT to learn." Yazmin tells him.

*Garrett and Eduardo are sitting behind Jeannie and Levi. Garrett has his laptop out, and is typing away. Jeannie turns around, and notices Garrett. "Hey, what are you doing?" Jeannie asks. "I'm working on something." Garrett says. "Oh. Do you work for some kind of corporation or something, and you need to turn in a paper?" Jeannie asks. "Actually, no. I'm actually a writer. I was just working on an idea I had for a new series." Garrett says. "Mind if I take a look?" Jeannie asks. "I don't know..." Garrett says. "Come on, please? What harm could it do?" Jeannie asks. "Okay, fine. I guess you can look at it." Garrett says. Garrett hands the laptop over to Jeannie. While in the process of placing it in her lap, she accidently hits Levi in the head with it. "Ow!" Levi cries out. Jeannie looks over the idea that Garrett has typed out. "Wow." Jeannie says. "What is it?" Garrett asks. "This is really good! I like it a lot!" Jeannie says. "You do?" Garrett asks. "Yeah!" Jeannie says. Jeannie hands him back the laptop, hitting Levi once more. "Ouch!" Levi cries out. "Thanks, I appreciate it." Garrett says. "Not a problem. I'm actually in the creative world, myself. I'm an artist. I'm not really good at it, but, I'm hoping one day I'll get better." Jeannie says. "Here we go with the "my art is terrible" crap again." Levi notes. Jeannie ignores him. "Hey, my buddy Eduardo here is an artist, too! Maybe the two of you should go out sometime!" Garrett says. "Garrett!" Eduardo scolds. "What? I was just making a suggestion." Garrett says. "I'm not interested in dating! Besides, I'm like ten years older than her!" Eduardo says. "I wouldn't go that far, but...whatever you say, Eddy." Garrett says. "Hey, I have an idea! Maybe we should collaborate on a project sometime!" Jeannie says. "You and Eddy? Or you and me?" Garrett asks. "Me and you! Think about it. I could draw a comic, and you could write for it! I mean, after I improve a bit." Jeannie says. "I'll consider the idea." Garrett says. Jeannie smiles.

*Lester sits behind Morgan. "Listen, I just want to apologize for earlier." Lester says. "You are forgiven, I guess." Morgan says. "Great. Anyway, has anyone told you how great your eyes look in this lighting?" Lester asks. Morgan rolls her eyes, and then backhands Lester in the face! Lester falls back into the chair he is sitting in. "Ow! I think you broke my nose!" Lester says. "Walk it off, geek!" Morgan tells him.

*In another seat, Alonzo is sitting by the window, gazing at the sky. "You seem pretty quiet." A voice says. Alonzo turns, and finds Yazmin sitting next to him. "Not that I've been watching you or anything, but I haven't seen you talk to anyone since you boarded the plane." Yazmin points out. "I choose not to associate with anyone. I'm not much of a people person." Alonzo notes. "I get it. But, I hope you find it in yourself to talk to the others, soon. Who knows? You might actually like them. Anyway, have a nice day!" Yazmin says, before standing up and walking away. "How can these people remain so stress free when we have no idea what we are walking into?" Alonzo wonders.

*Jordan comes over to Martin's seat. "Hey, aren't you Mayor Elliot?" Jordan asks. "I am." Martin says. "Its such an honor to meet you. Just so you know, I voted for you in the recent election. In my opinion, you were the person best suited for the job, and I'm happy you won." Jordan says. "Thank you for the support. I am nothing without the support of the lovely people of Saturn City! By the way, ever since I first laid eyes on you, I've gotten the sense that I've seen you somewhere before." Martin says. "I think I know why. I am the one and only CEO of the world famous Pascal Industries, which is based right in Saturn City." Jordan says. "Of course! I have to tell you, I'm impressed. You have done a terrific job running your company. Your work is truly admirable." Martin says. Jordan blushes. "R-really? You think so?" Jordan asks. Jordan then composes herself, and clears her throat. "It was nothing, really." Jordan tells him.

*Celina and Lilac are both sitting in their seats. "Did you ask how long the flight is supposed to be?" Lilac asks. "Twelve hours." Celina informs her. "Must be going pretty far away, if its going to take that long to fly there." Lilac notes. "I don't know, but, I really hope we aren't walking into some sort of dangerous situation." Celina says. "Come on, sis, lighten up, and stop being so paranoid. Instead of worrying, we should focus on trying to have fun." Lilac says. Celina forces a smile, and nods in agreement.

*The plane is shown from a distance, as it turns from daytime to nighttime.

*Inside the plane, everyone can be seen sleeping. Jeannie has her sketchbook on her lap, a bag of chips is sitting between Celina and Lilac, Yazmin has her head rested on Lester's shoulder.

*The plane can be seen from afar as the sun begins to rise.

*The sound of the intercom wakes everyone up. "Attention, everyone! Our destination is in sight, and we are now preparing to land! Please fasten your seatbelts, and once landed, be ready to exit the plane in an orderly fashion." The pilot says, over the intercom. "No one ever walks in an orderly fashion." Morgan comments. Jeannie turns towards Levi. "Are you excited?" Jeannie asks. "Do I look it?" A bored Levi asks. Jeannie ignores him, and begins taking pictures out the window.

*"We have now landed. Please exit the plane in an orderly fashion." The pilot requests.

*"I think I should be the first one out of the seats." Garrett says. "I don't think so! I'm closer to the aisle." Eduardo points out. "You're right, buddy, I'm sorry for doubting you." Garrett tells him. Eduardo stands up, and Garrett trips him! "First day on your new feet?" Garrett asks, before stepping over Eduardo.

*Jordan is on the phone. "Yeah, we just landed. How are things at work?...That's not what I want to hear, Caleb! You need to make sure that Ward International is left in the dust! With Lester here on the island, now is the perfect time to strike!" Jordan says, before standing up, and walking down the aisle.

*Lester and Yazmin prepare to exit their seats, but Morgan cuts them off. Lester follows, and smiles at her. But Morgan flips her hair, and its Lester in the process. Yazmin giggles. "Better luck next time." Yazmin tells him.

*Martin is walking down the aisle. "I hope I'm not about to die." Martin says.

*Lilac stands up. "Race you to the main house." Lilac says. "Uh, Lilac. It probably isn't the smartest idea to be running ahead." Celina says. Lilac ignores her, and heads down the aisle. Celina sighs, and follows.

*Alonzo is still in his seat. "Here we go. Time to find out EXACTLY what we are here for." Alonzo thinks to himself.

*Nigel brings Helena a tray of tea in her private chambers. "I just got word from the pilot, ma'am. The plane has landed, and the guests are making their way to the main house." Nigel informs her. "Excellent." Helena states.

To be continued...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum