QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#01 The Zodiac Alliance: Pilot Episode

Go down

#01 The Zodiac Alliance: Pilot Episode Empty #01 The Zodiac Alliance: Pilot Episode

Post by QG Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:30 pm

*In an undisclosed location, thunder can be heard roaring outside. Inside appears to be a study, complete with a desk, several bookshelves, and even a couch with an end table beside it. An old woman is sitting in a chair by the window, looking at an old, worn out book. "When the future is being threatened, turn towards the past, where the answer is written...resurrect the powers by counting from ten, then and only then, can they live again." The old woman reads. The old woman then closes the book. "Soon enough, that legend will be a legend no more..." The woman muses. Lightning then flashes outside, briefly lighting up the room...

*The next morning, brother and sister, Levi and Jeannie Torres, are sitting at the small round table in their kitchen, having breakfast together. Levi has a breakfast sandwich on his plate, while Jeannie has eggs on her plate. Levi is eating his sandwich, but Jeannie is on her phone instead. "You know, it'd be nice if you would engage in some conversation with me, or, I don't know, maybe even eat the eggs I cooked you." Levi says. "Sorry, I was just checking the likes and comments on that picture I uploaded last night." Jeannie says. "How many did you get?" Levi asks. "Just one comment and one like." Jeannie says. "That's better then last time, when you only got one like." Levi says. "This time, the comment and the like came from a friend. So, its sort of like I didn't get any at all. Not that I'm surprised, my art leaves a lot to be desired." Jeannie says. "Well, with that attitude, its no wonder you only got one like and one comment." Levi says. "Excuse me?" Jeannie asks. "Look, relax, okay? You are a wonderful artist, and I'm sure that one day, you are going to make it big. You just need to keep at it, and keep trying to improve." Levi says. "Yeah, sure, whatever you say. I don't want to talk about my crappy art anymore, its depressing me. Lets talk about how things are going at your work." Jeannie says. "Now, you're depressing me." Levi says. "Are things not so happy over at happy burgers?" Jeannie asks. "Can we please stop talking about that stupid place? I hate talking about it." Levi says. "Wow, talk about deja vu." Jeannie says. "What?" Levi asks. "Dad used to get set off by the tiniest of things, too." Jeannie says. "Are you seriously comparing me to that old man right now?" Levi asks. "Okay, maybe that was a bit of a stretch. I know you don't like talking about him, neither do I." Jeannie says. "Then you shouldn't have compared me to him. Yeah, sure, I have a temper, but at least when I've gotten mad at you, I've never locked you in the attic. I know when to stop, he didn't." Levi says. "I-I know. Again, Levi, I'm sorry." Jeannie says. Levi slides the remainders of his sandwich into the garbage. "Yeah, so am I." Levi says, before storming off into the other room. "Hey, YOU DIDNT HAVE TO THROW THE SANDWICH AWAY! YOU COULD'VE GIVEN IT TO ME!" Jeannie yells to him. Jeannie sighs, and shakes her head.

*In his office, Martin Elliot, the new mayor of Saturn City, is on the phone. "Thank you, Mr. Brown, I look forward to working with you as well...Okay, talk to you soon...bye-bye." Martin says, before hanging up. A moment later, someone knocks on Martin's door. "Yes, yes, come in." Martin calls out. The door opens, and two men wearing suits and sunglasses come in. "Uh...can-can I help you two gentlemen?" Martin asks. A moment later, another man enters the office, this one wearing a three piece suit, and an overcoat. One of the men with sunglasses take off the man's overcoat for him. "Thank you, Vince." The man says. Vince nods. "Tony Boveri! Its good to see you again, sir. But, are you sure that it is a good idea for us to be meeting like this?" Martin asks. "I don't see any reason why we cant. You are the new mayor, and I am a large benefactor in this city. You are aware of all the charities I run, yes?" Tony asks. "Yes sir, you have done great work for this city. So, uh...what are you doing here?" Martin asks. "I wanted to come and congratulate you on your big win! It ain't everyday that you become the mayor of a big city like Saturn!" Tony says. "Well, I couldn't have done it without your help, sir." Martin says. "Don't forget that." Tony says. Martin chuckles, and Tony begins to chuckle, before stating "I wasn't joking." Martin turns serious. "Oh." Martin replies, clearly feeling the awkwardness of the situation. "But...you don't have to worry about any of that, right now, alright? Just enjoy yourself, and enjoy the newfound power that you hold. Just don't forget about the favor that I did for you, you understand?" Tony asks. "I wont forget." A nervous Martin assures him. Tony pats Martin on the back, and then signals to Vince that he wants his overcoat back. Vince helps Tony put his overcoat back on. "Say, Elliot, I know that you've met my friend Vince here, right?" Tony asks. "Yes sir, I believe you introduced us before." Martin says. "Well have you met my other buddy over there?" Tony asks. "No, I don't believe so." Martin says. "That right there is Liam, but his coworkers call him pistol. You know why they call him that?" Tony asks. "Why?" Martin asks. "Cause he is a great shot. Seriously, you wont ever find a better shot than Pistol. Probably cause he goes to target practice everyday. He has NEVER missed a target, not in all of the years that I've known him. Probably is a good idea to try and stay on his good side, yeah?" Tony asks. "Yeah-yeah, absolutely. It must be nice, you know, to have such a good bodyguard." Martin nervously says. Tony laughs. "Yes, it is. He especially comes in handy when someone upsets me. Its never a good idea to upset me." Tony says. "Oh, of course." Martin says. "Well, I wish I could stay longer, but, I have business I need to handle. I'll be in touch, Elliot." Tony says. Tony walks out, and Vince and Pistol follow him. "What have I gotten myself into?" Martin wonders.

*In the CEO's office at Ward International, Lester Ward is sitting behind his desk, on the phone with an associate of his in Japan. "Watashi doi shimasu, sore wa inkurudo besuto yoeki." Lester tells the person. A moment later, his sister, Yazmin, walks in. "Uh, watashi ishi koru kimi wa bakku, sugu ni. Sayonara!" Lester says, before hanging up. "What are you doing here?" Lester asks. "The hospital let me leave early, today. Since I don't have any work obligations for the rest of the day, I was hoping that you and I could go and get a bite to eat." Yazmin says. Lester sighs. "I wish I could, but I have a board meeting that I need to attend." Lester says. "That's only the seventh thousandth time you've used that excuse." A frustrated Yazmin says. "It isn't an excuse. I cant afford to slack off for even a minute. If I do, then I run the risk of father swooping in and taking back the company, and I didn't go through the trouble of performing a hostile takeover, only for it to backfire on me." Lester says. "I understand, I guess. I still wish that you would have more time to spend with your sister, though." Yazmin says. "Would you feel that way if you had someone else to spend your time with?" Lester asks. "I don't know." Yazmin says. "Maybe we should find out. Maybe we should try and find you a boyfriend." Lester says. "I have dated, plenty of times. But every guy that I have been with, and I mean every one of them, doesn't want anything serious, unlike me. I mean, is it really that hard for me to find a guy who is romantic, smart, funny, handsome and all of those other qualities that you look for in a partner?" Yazmin asks. "You do realize that you basically just described one of those cheesy romance novels that you like to read, right?" Lester asks. "It doesn't have to be just a cheesy romance novel. It could come true." Yazmin says. Lester rolls his eyes. "Well, whatever seems to be wrong with your love life, I'll let you sort that out. In the meantime, I need to get back to work. Not only do I have to worry about Father coming out from under the rock he's been living under and attempting to take back the company, but I also need to make sure that I am able to stay ahead of our biggest competitor, Jordan Pascal." Lester says.

*In another office building, elevator doors open, and Jordan Pascal steps off of the elevator. She begins making her way down the center of the room, as everyone around her wishes her a good morning. Jordan enters her office, soon followed by a man. "Miss. Pascal, uh, do you want your usual latte?" The man asks. "You shouldn't have to ask, Caleb. I get the same thing every morning. It should be waiting on my desk by the time I arrive." Jordan says. "I'm sorry, ma'am. It-it wont happen again." Caleb says. Caleb goes to exit her office. "One more thing." Jordan says. "Yes ma'am?" Caleb asks. "I want an update on the Ward International situation." Jordan says. "Um, well, I wish I had good news." Caleb says. Jordan sighs. "Unfortunately, Ward International is still making more money than Pascal Industries." Caleb says. "I see...In that case, it might be time to make some more cuts to the staff." Jordan notes. "That didn't seem to work the last time, ma'am." Caleb says. "Maybe that's because we fired all of the wrong people, last time. Get me a list of everyone who works here, so that I can check off everyone that is getting their pink slip. But, only after you get me my latte." Jordan says. "Of course, ma'am." Caleb says, before exiting the office. Once Caleb is gone, Jordan looks at a picture of her father. "Don't worry, Daddy. I am going to give you a reason to be proud of me. I will completely overthrow Ward International in the game, and in the end, I will be the last one standing. I will be the top dog today, and any other day, that you can be sure of." Jordan tells the picture.

*Meanwhile at her office, Celina Archer is lying on the sofa, watching TV, when her cellphone begins to ring. Celina reaches for her phone, and answers it. "Archer Bounty Services, can I help you?...Oh, Miss. Larson, hello! How are you today?...I'm good, thank you for asking. So, I'm assuming you're calling because you want an update on my search for your husband?...Well, you don't have to worry. Things are going well, and it shouldn't be too long before I find him....I realize that I might be a little slow, yup, but, I am the best in the business. Anyone will tell you that. If you need a bounty hunter, I'm your gal....Okay, I'll call you with an update soon, then....Have a nice day, bye." Celina says, before hanging up. Celina then returns to watching TV. A moment later, someone knocks on the door, which causes Celina to roll her eyes. Celina turns off the TV, and places an open bag of chips that she has, behind the sofa. Celina then gets up, opens the door, and finds her younger sister, Lilac, standing there. "Hi, Lilac! Its nice to see you. I wasn't expecting to see you here." Celina says. "Yeah, well, I figured I'd drop by." Lilac says. Lilac walks over to the sofa, and pulls out the bag of chips from behind it. "Hard at work?" Lilac asks. "I was just taking a break." Celina says. "You seem to take a lot of those." Lilac notes. "So don't you. Aren't you supposed to be in school right now?" Celina asks. "I'm taking a personal day." Lilac says. "You seem to take a lot of those. You know, I might take plenty of breaks, but at the end of the day, I always end up catching my target and doing my job. Why don't you let me see your last report card, so we can find out how well all of those "personal days" are working out for you?" Celina asks. "Uh, lets talk about something else. How's work going?" Lilac asks. "Fine. I'm getting more and more clients every day." Celina says. "That's good. You know, when I was growing up, I never imagined you as a bounty hunter." Lilac notes. Celina laughs. "I never imagined myself as one, either. But, I really do enjoy the thrill of the chase. Its the best part of the whole job." Celina says. Lilac notices a picture of their parents on Celina's desk, and goes silent. Celina notices Lilac staring at the picture. "You must miss them." Celina says. Lilac shakes her head. "Why would I miss two people that abandoned us?" Lilac asks. Celina doesn't respond. "I should probably go." Lilac says. "Wait, you never told me why you stopped by." Celina says. "I wanted to spend some time with you, but, uh, I'm not really feeling good right now. I should probably go home and lie down." Lilac says. "Okay, do you have your keys?" Celina asks. "Yeah, I do." Lilac says. "Okay, I'll see you at home, then." Celina says. Lilac waves goodbye, and rushes out. Celina then approaches the picture of her parents, and sighs. "I wish I could tell Lilac the truth about what happened, but...she is already broken enough. If she finds out what really happened, it could completely destroy her mental state." Celina tells the picture...

*Garrett Clayton, Eduardo Basurto, and Morgan Chancellor are all sitting at a table, inside the Saturn mall food court. Garrett is on his laptop, trying to write something, while Eduardo has his sketchbook out. Morgan is on her phone, and then slams it down on the table. She annoyingly watches, as Garrett and Eduardo continue what they are doing. Eduardo taps on Garrett's shoulder. "Hey, what do you think of this?" Eduardo asks, as he shows Garrett the picture he drew. "Eh, the hands could use some work." Garrett tells him. "Ugh, its always the hands." Eduardo says. "Hey, while we are asking for feedback, I want to ask you about a plot twist that I have planned for King Moo. You remember Trent, right? The main antagonist?" Garrett asks. "Yeah, he's dead." Eduardo says. "Not anymore. I'm gonna bring him back from the dead." Garrett says. Eduardo rolls his eyes. "How many times are you going to bring Trent back from the dead? Sure, it was cool the first time or two, but it became a bit of a joke the fifteenth time." Eduardo says. "Well, that's one person's opinion. My opinion is that it is STILL cool!" Garrett says. Morgan then grabs her stuff, and goes to leave. "Where are you going?" Garrett asks. "Home." Morgan says. "How come?" Eduardo asks. "Because all I have done since meeting you guys here is play on my phone, as you guys did your own thing. It got boring after a while." Morgan says. "You didn't seem bored." Garrett says. "Yeah, well, after doing it for two hours, it gets kind of boring. I just want to talk to you guys for once, and not about King Moo, or Eduardo's art." Morgan says. "Okay, that's fine. You want to hear about this new anime I've been watching?" Eduardo asks. Garrett rolls his eyes. "Will you stop talking about your stupid anime? You've mentioned it like a thousand times!" Garrett says. "Okay, what would you rather talk about?" Eduardo asks. "I'd rather talk about Finecraft, and where we are going to put the MooSquad base." Garrett says. "I'd rather talk about the anime I'm watching." Eduardo says. "Finally, something interesting." Morgan says, as she begins to video tape them. "I'm sure you've talked about it enough with yourself, in the mirror every morning!" Garrett says. "You eavesdrop on me?!" Eduardo asks. "Kind of hard not to when you talk as loud as you possibly can." Garrett says. "You're one to talk about yelling. Do you know how many times I get a message from you in all caps?" Eduardo asks. "Answer me the first time, and I wont have to yell at you." Garrett says. "I FORGET TO!" Eduardo yells. Garrett and Eduardo stop, when they notice Morgan video taping them. "What are you doing?" Garrett asks. "I was video taping you guys. I'm sure my friends on Facebook will LOVE the latest argument." Morgan says. "The latest? Is that why you have us blocked on Facebook? So we cant see when you post videos of us?" Eduardo asks. "That, and I don't need the two of you embarrassing me on my page. Chill out, guys. Its not that bad. Besides, its what you get for once again not acknowledging that I'm here." Morgan says. Eduardo sighs. "Sorry, Morgan." Eduardo says. "I apologize." Garrett says. "Great, thank you." Morgan says. "Since you want us to do something together, I hear that there is a carnival in Saturn today. Do you want to go?" Garrett asks. "I would love to. Eduardo?" Morgan asks. "I'll have to check my schedule." Eduardo says. "Sounds like a yes to me. Okay, lets go." Garrett says. He, Morgan, and Eduardo gather their stuff, and walk away.

*At the W.P.A(World Protective Agency) Saturn Branch, Alonzo Powell is walking down a long corridor. Agent Jotham rushes up to him, and stops him. "Hey, Powell, hold up a second." Jotham says. "Yes?" Alonzo asks. "I wanted to thank you for your assistance in helping rescue Serena Masters." Jotham says. "I was just doing my job." Alonzo says. "You did more than just that. You single handedly took down an entire team of guards, outside the church where Serena Masters was being held prisoner." Jotham notes. "It was nothing." Alonzo says. "Hm. You're not a very talkative fellow, are you?" Jotham asks. Alonzo begins to walk away, without responding. "Oh, okay then." Jotham says.

The next day...

*The old woman is in her study, sitting by the fireplace, when her butler, Nigel, brings in a pot of tea for her. "Good morning, Madam. I brought you your tea." Nigel, says with a British accent, as he places the tea on the end table, next to the woman. "Thank you, Nigel." The woman tells him. Nigel nods. "Of course, I aim to please. Speaking of, I thought you should know that I did as you asked. However, I must confess that I'm not quite sure that any of the recipients will follow the instructions given to them." Nigel notes. "You worry too much, Nigel. Of course they will follow the instructions I gave them, it is their destiny to do so." The woman says. "Of course, madam. Can I get you anything else?" Nigel asks. The woman shakes her head. "You're dismissed." The woman says. Nigel nods, and exits the room, leaving the woman to sip her tea...

*Yazmin opens the door to Lester's office, and holds up and envelope. "So, I got this in the mail today." Yazmin says. "Is it a letter from a woman named Helena Jenkins?" Lester asks. "Why do you ask? Did you get the same letter?" Yazmin asks. Lester holds up his letter. "I did. I just assumed that it was one of those "free cruise" scams, where you have to give them your credit card number." Lester says. "There isn't anything in that letter asking us for our credit card number. Lester, what should we do?" Yazmin asks. "The letter states that it is imperative that we attend this party on the island. Maybe its a secret admirer of yours." Lester jokes. "Yeah, right. They wouldn't be sending you a letter, too. I wonder what we should do." Yazmin says. "I think we should go. What's the worse that could happen?" Lester asks. "Well, lets see, given my horrible luck, we'll probably be met with the end of a crazy person's chainsaw, upon getting off of the plane." Yazmin says. "Lets hope it doesn't come to that. And if by chance, it does, I will do my best to shield you." Lester says. "Thank you." Yazmin says. "Don't mention it. Well, if we are going to attend this supposed party, we should probably get home and pack." Lester says. "Okay." Yazmin says. Lester stands up, and opens the door. "Hold on, there is something that I need to say." Yazmin says. "Go ahead." Lester says. "When I said I wanted to spend time with you, I didn't mean us walking into a potentially dangerous situation together." Yazmin says. Lester smiles. "Beggars cant be choosers. Come on, lets go." Lester says. He and Yazmin walk out.

*Jeannie comes into the living room, and finds Levi sitting on the couch. "Are you ready for our trip?" Jeannie asks. "What trip?" Levi asks. "We both got an invitation to a private island for a party." Jeannie says. "Wait, hold on a sec. Was our invitation in the same envelope?" Levi asks. "No, different ones." Jeannie says. Levi sighs. "What were you doing going through my mail?" Levi asks. "That isn't important. So, are we going or not?" Jeannie asks. 'We cant afford transportation to some private island, with our limited income." Levi notes. "The invitation said that our host will be providing the transportation. I think we should go, it sounds like fun. Besides, would you rather go to some party on a private island, or stay here taking orders at Happy Burger?" Jeannie says. "I have some vacation time that I could use, so I guess we can go." Levi says. "Yay! This is gonna be so much fun." Jeannie says, as she hugs Levi.

*In a dark house, a knock on the front door can be heard. Alonzo then quietly comes out of the other room, holding a gun! Alonzo cautiously approaches the front door. He then swings it open, and points his gun out it! He sees that no one is there, but notices an envelope on the ground. Alonzo picks up the envelope, and goes back inside. He opens it, and begins to skim it...

*At home, Lilac comes out of the bedroom, and sees Celina reading a letter. "What's for breakfast?" Lilac asks. "I bought you a double chocolate donut, with a small black coffee." Celina says. "Thanks, you're the best. What are you reading?" Lilac asks. "I got an invitation to a party being held on a private island, transportation included. There's an envelope addressed to you, from the same person." Celina notes. Lilac opens the envelope, and reads it. "Looks like I got the same invitation. Are you going?" Lilac asks. "I've been needing a vacation." Celina says. "Cool. Spring break just started for me, so I have a few weeks to kill." Lilac says. 'Alright, then its settled. Sounds like we're going." Celina says.

*Garrett and Eduardo are sitting on the couch in their apartment, watching TV. "I hate this show, all they ever do is talk, talk, talk. Not nearly enough action." Garrett says. "Mood." Eduardo responds. Someone knocks on the door. "Go away!" Garrett and Eduardo both yell. The person knocks louder. Eduardo rolls his eyes, and stands up. He opens the door, and finds Morgan standing their. "Thanks for FINALLY answering the door." Morgan sarcastically says. "Where's your key?" Garrett asks. "I lost it, not that either of you would've noticed." Morgan says. Morgan then pulls out three envelopes. "By the way, here is today's mail, since no one else could be bothered to go get it." Morgan says. "I was going to." Garrett tells her. "Looks like we each got a letter from a woman named Helena Jenkins." Morgan notes. "Never heard of her. What does she want?" Eduardo asks. "I don't know, lets open them and find out." Morgan says. Morgan gives Eduardo and Garrett each an envelope, and the three begin to open them. They begin to read them. "Wow, someone wants us to come to a private island for a party!" Morgan says. "It must be because I'm Twitter famous, and they want to meet me." Eduardo says. "Five retweets isn't what I would call Twitter famous. Its more than likely that they read King Moo." Garrett says. "Please, I'm the only one who reads King Moo." Eduardo says. "Lets get real, guys. That video I posted of the two of you yesterday went viral, and this Helena woman wants to meet the brains behind it all, A.K.A, me." Morgan says. "That's a good one, Morgan." Garrett says. "How about we just go to the island and find out why this lady wants us there?" Eduardo asks. "That's the first logical thing you've said in months. Lets start packing. King Moo super fan, here I come." Garrett says.

*Martin comes into his office, whistling. He turns on the lights, and sees an envelope sitting on his desk. "Huh, I don't remember leaving that their. How odd." Martin says. Martin opens up the letter, and reads it. "Ooooh, free trip!" Martin says to himself.

*Jordan and Caleb walk into her office, and Jordan notices a letter on her desk. "Where did that come from?" Jordan asks. "A messenger dropped it off early this morning." Caleb says. "If you don't mind, I'd like some privacy while I read this." Jordan says. "Of course, ma'am. Let me know if you need anything." Caleb says, before walking out. Jordan sits at her desk, and opens the letter. She begins to read it aloud. "To whom it may concern, I am inviting you to a party, which will take place on the private island that I own. For those of you who fear that you may not be able to afford the trip, rest assured, that is not a problem. I will have a private jet waiting for you, as well as the others at the airport, tomorrow morning at 9 AM. I highly suggest that you not be late. Although, the plane will not leave until all twelve of you are present, I still would rather that you all be on time. I realize that this may sound somewhat suspicious, but, I can assure you, my intentions are pure. It is imperative that I speak to all of you regarding a life or death situation. Unfortunately, that isn't something that I can really get into over letter, which is why I would much rather you all attend my party so that we may speak in person. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you all, but, it will be well worth the trip, I promise you. Sincerely, Helena Jenkins..."

*The old woman takes a sip of tea. "And so it begins..." She says...

To be continued...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum