QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic S5 Episode 53(1/18/24)

Go down

Fantastic S5 Episode 53(1/18/24) Empty Fantastic S5 Episode 53(1/18/24)

Post by QG Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:42 pm

In the food court of Goo Village, Victor and Serena are hugging. “It is so good to see you!” Victor tells her. “Its good to see you too. So, Lydia is alive, huh?” Serena asks. “You already know?” Victor asks. “Its all over the news. Honestly, I have no idea how you expected to save it as a surprise.” Serena says. “I just didn’t want to have to tell you over the phone.” Victor says. “I can respect that.” Serena says. “Have a seat!” Victor urges. Victor and Serena both sit down and Serena takes in her surroundings. “So this is the new Goo Village, huh? Its huge!” Serena says. “And yet still not nearly as big as the presence my sister had in this city.” Victor says. “I’m sure she’d love it.” Serena says. “She may not have cared much for the name. She was always so modest.” Victor recalls. “Something the two of you never had in common. I remember Queen Goo used to be such a big supporter of me and V.J.” Serena says. “Molly always was a huge believer in true love, especially given the love she and King Beast shared. You and V.J had that sort of love as well, and Molly recognized that.” Victor says. “Yeah…” Serena mutters. “So…how are you doing?” Victor asks. “Better than I was doing six years ago when I lost V.J, but I don’t have to tell you that the pain never really goes away. V.J and I…what we had was something truly special, and I know I’ll never be able to find that with somebody else.” Serena says. “That doesn’t mean you can’t try and move on. You won’t ever be able to replicate what you had with V.J, but that also isn’t the point of finding love again.” Victor says. “Honestly? I’m not all that interested in finding love again. If it finds me, great! Otherwise, I’m not going out of my way to look.” Serena says. “That’s your choice.” Victor says. “Speaking of love, I hear you’ve found love again.” Serena says. Victor smiles and blushes. “Wow, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen you look so flustered! You must really like her.” Serena says. “Virginia is, in a word, incredible. She has such a large personality, her sense of humor is rivaled by no one, I can’t remember the last time I’ve been this happy. Not only that, but things are finally starting to go well between Julia and I.” Victor says. “I remember hearing things were rocky in the beginning.” Serena says. “That was my fault. I didn’t treat Julia very well before I found out she was my daughter. By the time I discovered the truth, the damage was already done.” Victor says. “But things are good now?” Serena asks. “Yeah, they are good. Julia helped me realize that the source of some of my hostility towards her in the beginning, towards so many other people of color, was because of this subconscious racism I was harboring. I told Julia that I wasn’t a racist, and honestly, I truly believed that I wasn’t. But, talking to her, hearing her perspective on my behavior, it helped me realize that I did feel differently towards black people than I did white people. So to hopefully get better, I’ve been attending therapy for the past several months to try and turn that around. I have to tell you though, therapy hasn’t just helped me with that, it has been a help in so many other aspects of my life as well.” Victor says. Serena smiles. “Good for you, and I’m glad you were able to acknowledge that your behavior was wrong. So many other racists wouldn’t do what you did, so many of them would never acknowledge that their feelings or behavior is wrong. So outside of Virginia and Julia, everything else is okay in Victor land too?” Serena asks. “Brady and I mended fences before he left town. Unfortunately we really haven’t had much contact these past few months, just via text messages. As for Ciara, our relationship is still sort of strained. I haven’t even been able to make an effort to reach out because she’s been unreachable for months.” Victor says. “How come? I thought she didn’t work for the WPA anymore.” Serena says. “She supposedly has a new job, one that she hasn’t even confided in her own daughter about.” Victor reveals. “I hope everything is okay.” Serena says. “Yeah…me too. Anyways, I should probably get going. I promised Virginia I would go over to her house and watch The Titanic with her.” Victor says. “I don’t know how anyone can stand that boring movie.” Serena says. “Hey, The Titanic isn’t that bad! Do you know Eric Braeden from The Young and the Restless is in that movie?” Victor asks. “Who?” Serena asks. “He plays a character named Victor! My name is Victor!” Victor exclaims. Serena gives Victor a thumbs up. “Okay, cool.” Serena says. Victor laughs. “Alright, well I’ll see you again sometime. How long will you be in town for?” Victor wonders. “For as long as my sister will put up with me.” Serena says. “Hopefully that will be for a long time. Any chance either of your sons will be joining you?” Victor asks. “Brad is pretty content where he’s living now. As for Orpheus, who knows? Maybe if he can pull himself away from the parties and the expensive vacations.” Serena says. “Sounds like he’s quite the handful.” Victor says. “That’s an understatement.” Serena says. “Well I will see you around, don’t be a stranger.” Victor says, before pulling Serena into a hug. “Same to you.” Serena says. Victor smiles at Serena before walking off.

Upstairs in the shopping plaza of Goo Village, Acerbi is window shopping when Lydia approaches her. “There you are! I thought you said we were meeting in the food court.” Lydia says. “I did say that, but then I got the sudden urge to go shopping! I was considering picking something up from Kristina's boutique, perhaps a new hat for the season! Would you like to join me?” Acerbi asks. “That'd be great! But can we talk about why I called you here first?” Lydia asks. “Certainly.” Acerbi says. Acerbi motions towards a bench and she and Lydia sit down. “So, its about Lucas…” Lydia says. “Of course. He seems to be making tremendous progress, I see no reason you shouldn't be able to take him home soon.” Acerbi says. “I don't think I'll be taking him anywhere, which is actually why I wanted to meet. Lucas told me he doesn't want to be with me anymore.” Lydia says. “What?! What kind of madness is that?!” Acerbi asks. “That was my reaction! It just doesn't make any sense! So I was wondering if its possible that maybe he sustained some brain damage from the shooting. Could that be why he's acting so erratically?” Lydia questions. “I suppose its a possibility, but given where Lucas was shot, I really don't think it would have any impact on the way his brain functions.” Acerbi says. “So then there really is no plausible reason as to why he woke up wanting nothing to do with me?” Lydia asks. “I never said that, clearly something must be wrong with him for him to reject you in such a manner. Regardless of what I believe, I'll still run some tests on him so we can find out for sure whether or not his behavior is related to his brain.” Acerbi says. “Thank you.” Lydia says. “What is this I've stumbled upon? A ladies night out? May I join?” A familiar voice asks. Lydia and Acerbi turn to see Mia standing there!

At the Goo Castle, Rebecca is sitting on the sofa, searching up the three diamond jewels on her laptop, when Andy walks in. “Hey sweetheart, do you have a sec?” Andy asks. “Of course.” Rebecca says, as she closes the laptop. “You sure? I don't want to interrupt whatever you were doing.” Andy says. “Its fine. What's up?” Rebecca asks. “I know you probably can't say much because its an ongoing investigation, but I was just wondering if there's been any new developments in the case against Dannie’s stalker.” Andy says. “Why would there be? Meow Cat has been apprehended and he's in Riverview now, the case is closed.” Rebecca says. “So you aren't investigating it anymore?” Andy wonders. “No. Why? Do you think I should be?” Rebecca asks. “Its just…it doesn't sit right with me that Meow Cat has been behind all of this, I feel like there's more to it than that.” Andy says. “I found it kind of strange that this all tied back to Meow Cat, but unfortunately my hands are tied. In the eyes of the department, the culprit has been captured and the case is closed.” Rebecca says. “Yeah, I know how it works…” Andy says, looking down at the floor in disappointment. “This is really bothering you, isn't it?” Rebecca asks. “The thought that the son of a bitch who did all this could still be out there is a little unsettling.” Andy says. “So if not Meow Cat, who do you think could've been behind all of this?” Rebecca asks. “I'm looking at Dannie's doctor friend, Caleb Cooper.” Andy says. “He showed up both times Dannie was attacked.” Rebecca recalls. “Kinda suspicious, don't you think?” Andy asks. “Yeah…so you said you're looking at him as a suspect, does that mean you're investigating him?” Rebecca asks. “That's a fact. Bethany asked me to because she knows how much putting the person responsible behind bars meant to Kaylie, but I'm also doing it because I want Dannie to be safe.” Andy says. “I see. Do you have any sort of lead?” Rebecca asks. “Just theories.” Andy says. “What sort of theories?” Rebecca wonders. Before Andy can answer, Rebecca's phone begins to ring. “Hang on a second, its Don. I have to take this.” Rebecca says. “Go ahead.” Andy urges. Rebecca answers. “Hi Don, what's going on?” Rebecca asks. “Sorry to bother you Commissioner, but I thought you should know Detective Simms just went running out of here. They wouldn't get into much detail, but they said that Bethany was in danger. I'm calling you because I know you and Bethany are pretty good friends.” Don says. “Did Kaylie tell you where she was going?” Rebecca asks. “No, but I looked at her computer and she was looking up the home address of Doctor Caleb Cooper.” Don reveals. “Did you just say Caleb Cooper?” Rebecca asks. “That's right.” Don says. “Text me the address, I'm heading there now.” Rebecca says, before hanging up. “What's this about Cooper?” Andy questions. “Kaylie went to Caleb's home and told Don its because Bethany was in danger.” Rebecca reveals. “Damn it, Bethany…” Andy mutters. “Do you know something about this?” Rebecca wonders. “Bethany was gonna do something to help out my investigation but she wouldn't tell me what that something was.” Andy admits. “Whatever it is must have landed her in hot water with this Caleb person. I'm gonna head over there now in case Kaylie or Bethany need help.” Rebecca says. “Can I come to?” Andy asks. “This is official police business Andy, I can't take you with me…with that being said, I don't think either of us would be breaking any rules if you took your own car.” Rebecca says. Andy smiles. “Got it. Lets get over there.” Andy says, before he and Rebecca run out the door.

On the street outside Corey's house, Kaylie rushes over to Bethany and hugs her. “Thank god you're okay, I was so worried when I heard that gunshot.” Kaylie says. “I'm fine, he was just trying to scare us.” Bethany says. Meanwhile, Dannie walks over to a motionless Corey, kneels down next to him, and checks his pulse. “Is he dead?” Kaylie asks. “There's a pulse. Its weak, but its there.” Dannie says. “Damn it!” Bethany complains. “I need to call him an ambulance, its his only hope of survival.” Dannie says. “An ambulance? He just tried to kill us! Let the psycho croak!” Bethany shouts. “I'm a doctor, Bethany! I can't just let him die! That might be something he would do, but its not something I'm willing to do.” Dannie says, as they pull out their phone. Bethany turns towards Kaylie. “I guess you're gonna have a lot of questions to answer from Internal Affairs after this.” Bethany says. “I don't care about any of that, I'm just glad I got here in time! Now would you mind telling me what happened? Why was Caleb Cooper trying to kill you both?” Kaylie asks. “Because he's the one who has been stalking Dannie all these months!” Bethany reveals. “No, that was Meow Cat!” Kaylie argues. “Meow Cat was just a diversion, someone that psycho could have attack Dannie so he could swoop in and play the role of the hero.” Bethany says. “I don't understand, why would Caleb do all of this to someone he only met just recently?” Kaylie asks. “Because Caleb Cooper doesn't exist, its just an alias. His real name is Corey Cambino.” Bethany reveals. “Corey Cambino…why does that name sound familiar? Besides the fact that he has the same last name as Lucas?” Kaylie asks. “Corey was a serial killer that murdered two people, including Andy and Rebecca's adopted daughter.” Bethany recalls. “That’s right! Corey was the one who supposedly killed Kitty Cat, right? I thought he was dead!” Kaylie says. “So didn't everybody, but after Andy and I started to suspect that Caleb was behind everything, we connected some dots and figured out he might be Corey.” Bethany says. “Hold on, you and Andy suspected him? Were you investigating this?” Kaylie asks. “Yes, because I knew something didn't feel right with the whole Meow Cat thing!” Bethany says. “So how did Corey figure out you were looking into him?” Kaylie wonders. “Well, to prove the whole Caleb is Corey theory, I needed a DNA sample…” Bethany says. “Oh my god, don't tell me you broke into his house!” Kaylie says. “Okay, I won't.” Bethany responds. “The man is a serial killer! Why would you do something like that?!” Kaylie questions. “Because I needed the truth! Besides, I figured it'd all be good because I waited until Corey left before I allegedly broke into his house.” Bethany says. “Are you using the word allegedly so it doesn't sound like you're confessing to a crime?” Kaylie wonders. “Anyway, when I got in there, I heard yelling from the basement. That's when I found Dannie tied up!” Bethany says. “He kidnapped Dannie?” Kaylie asks. Dannie stands up and walks over to Kaylie and Bethany. “When Corey first started working at the hospital, he had expressed interest in me. I told him I wasn't interested because I was gay and that seemed to be the end of it. Earlier today however, he and I were talking and I started to get an odd vibe from him. Its what made me realize that he hadn't lost interest, and that it would probably be wise for me to put some distance between us. Of course, I didn't realize at the time that by doing so, I would be pushing him over the edge.” Dannie says. “You didn't do anything wrong, all you did was reinforce your boundaries.” Kaylie says. “Yeah, well I don't think Corey saw it that way.” Bethany says. “So how come no one recognized him if this really is Corey Cambino?” Kaylie asks. “He got a new face. Supposedly whoever helped him fake his death also supplied him with a new face and a new identity.” Dannie explains. “Any idea who that person was?” Kaylie asks. “He didn't say.” Dannie says.

Another car pulls onto the scene. The doors open and Andy and Rebecca both exit the car. “Dannie?” Andy asks. “Thank goodness you're here.” Dannie says, as they run into Andy's arms. Rebecca walks over to Bethany and Kaylie. “Commissioner, how'd you know where to find me?” Kaylie asks. “Don told me that you ran out of the station after mentioning something about Bethany being in danger. He also checked your computer and saw you had searched for the home address of Caleb Cooper. I don't know what's going on here, but it probably wasn't wise for you to go running in alone.” Rebecca says. “I know, I just didn't feel like there was any time to call for backup.” Kaylie says. Rebecca notices Corey lying on the ground. “Is he dead?” Rebecca asks. “Unfortunately no. Kaylie ran him over when he was about to shoot Dannie.” Bethany reveals. “I'm sorry, when he was about to shoot Dannie? What on earth is going on here?!” Rebecca asks. “Were we right, Bethany?” Andy asks. “Right about everything, including Caleb's true identity.” Bethany says. “Dear god…I really didn't want it to be true.” Andy mutters. “What are you talking about?” Rebecca asks. “Sweetheart, when Bethany and I were speculating about Caleb being involved in the stalking…we thought it was possible that he could be a back from the dead Corey Cambino.” Andy admits. Rebecca's eyes widen. “No…no, it couldn't be! That's impossible!” Rebecca says. “It isn't, Rebecca. He admitted to all of it. Someone saved Corey's life the night you stabbed him and arranged for him to get a new identity as well as a new face.” Dannie reveals. Rebecca turns towards Andy. “Why didn’t you say anything to me about your theory that Corey could still be alive?” Rebecca wonders. “It was just a theory, I didn’t want to worry you until I had something concrete.” Andy says. Sirens can be heard and an ambulance pulls onto the street. The EMTS quickly exit the ambulance, pull out a stretcher, and wheel it over to Corey. The EMTs manage to move Corey onto the gurney and then wheel him towards the ambulance. “What happens now?” Dannie wonders. “Assuming Corey survives, he is going to spend the rest of his life in prison for everything he’s done.” Rebecca says. “I just hope he can’t hurt anyone ever again…” Dannie says. “He won’t. One way or another, Corey Cambino’s reign of terror is over.” Rebecca says. Andy walks over to Dannie. “You’ve been through a lot, how about I take you home?” Andy asks. “Are you sure I don’t need to give a statement or anything?” Dannie asks. “You don’t have to do that tonight. I’m sure this whole experience must have been very traumatic for you, you deserve to go home and get some rest.” Rebecca says. Rebecca turns towards Bethany. “The same goes for you. I can give you a ride home if you’d like.” Rebecca says. “I definitely need one since Corey slashed all my tires.” Bethany says. “Its okay, I’ll give Bethany a ride home once I’m wrapped up here. Assuming you don’t mind sticking around?” Kaylie asks Bethany. Bethany smiles. “No, I don’t mind at all.” Bethany says. “Okay, I’ll see you two later then.” Rebecca says. Rebecca hugs Bethany. “Take care of yourself, okay?” Rebecca asks. “You too.” Bethany says. Andy, Rebecca, and Dannie walk back to the car, get inside, and the three are seen pulling off. Once alone, Kaylie pulls Bethany into an embrace and a tear rolls down her face. “You have no idea how terrified I was when I got that call from you!” Kaylie says. “I’m okay, honestly!” Bethany says. “What were you thinking getting involved in a situation like this?!” Kaylie questions. “I was thinking that I was helping you. I know how determined you were to solve this case, so I wanted to give you a hand. Plus, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping to score some brownie points with you.” Bethany says. Kaylie cracks a smile. “Well you certainly have a unique way of trying to do that. Most people just buy flowers, you know.” Kaylie says. “Good thing I’m not most people.” Bethany says. “No you aren’t…its really cold out here, do you want to go inside?” Kaylie asks. “We’re staying?” Bethany asks. “I don’t have much choice given everything that’s happened here. If you really don’t want to stick around, I don’t have any problem bringing you home then coming back.” Kaylie says. “No, its all good. I’d love to stay here with you.” Bethany says.

Serena is walks out of the entrance of Goo Village staring down at her phone when she suddenly stops in her tracks. “Oh my god!” Serena gasps. Serena drops to her knees where an unknown man is lying on the ground, unconscious! “Sir, can you hear me? Are you okay?!” Serena questions. The man doesn’t respond. “Don’t worry, I’m gonna call 911.” Serena says, before looking down at her phone and dialing the number…

Upstairs in the shopping plaza of Goo Village, Lydia and Acerbi are face to face with Mia. Lydia stands up from the bench. “What the hell are you doing here?!” Lydia wonders. “I just thought I’d pass through and see if I could find myself a new fur coat! I’ve heard Fantastic City can be quite nippy this time of year.” Mia says. Acerbi stands up. “I believe what Lydia meant is why are you not in police custody?” Acerbi asks. “Olivia, how lovely to see you! Last time I saw you, you had put a bullet in my back! I’ll really have to return the favor one of these days.” Mia says. “Not if I decide to finish what I started.” Acerbi says. “Enough of this, I’m calling the police.” Lydia says. “And just what are you going to tell them? There’s this poor old woman shopping for a new coat and her presence is making you uncomfortable?” Mia asks. “Seriously? I just heard this morning that you were denied bail! You should be in a cell at Baronville right now, not casually walking through Goo Village looking to expand your wardrobe!” Lydia says. “Lydia is right! The only item in your wardrobe right now should be an orange jumpsuit!” Acerbi says. “And yet there’s not a single trace of orange in my attire. I’m sorry to disappoint you ladies, I know how much you were both looking forward to this fantasy of me being incarcerated, but I’m afraid its going to have to wait until my next crime spree. You see, I didn’t escape from the police, I was released!” Mia reveals. “On what grounds?!” Acerbi questions. “I made a deal with the WPA. I provide them with the name of the person who orchestrated Lydia’s kidnapping and in exchange, they secure my release! I know I know, its absolutely delicious news!” Mia says. “So you told the WPA who had me kidnapped? Who was it?” Lydia questions. “It was your uncle Lysandros!” Mia lies. “What? That doesn’t make any sense. Why the hell would Lysandros have any interest in the bracelet?” Lydia wonders. “What bracelet?” Acerbi questions. “I can’t speak to Lysandros’ motives, I’m afraid. He and I may have been working together, but he rarely ever confided in me. What I can tell you however is that he still despises you just as much as he always has.” Mia claims. “This is quite shocking…” Acerbi admits. “If any of its true.” Lydia says. “Oh believe me, it is! I even provided the WPA with proof that Lysandros has been paying me quite handsomely these past few years! But enough about him, he’s probably being tortured as some blacksite right now, which means he is completely irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that I’m free, free as a bird!” Mia says. “Free to go anywhere you’d like, meaning far, far away from Fantastic City.” Acerbi says. “Somewhere tropical perhaps?” Mia suggests. “Perfect! I hear the Bahamas are just lovely this time of year!” Acerbi says. “I bet that they are, but I just can’t make myself leave Fantastic. I can’t help it! I have far too much of an emotional attachment to this city! I have family here you know, yourself included, Olivia.” Mia says. Lydia shakes her head. “This is unbelievable, just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse!” Lydia complains. Mia rolls her eyes. “Oh…my…GOD! Aren’t you ever satisfied? The whole time I was holding you prisoner on that tedious island, you whined about how all you wanted was to go home to your family! Now that you’re finally here, you still aren’t content! What’s it going to take to finally make you happy?!” Mia questions. “Lucas being okay and healthy, that’s what its going to take!” Lydia snaps. “Should I take that to mean he’s still withering away in a hospital bed? Poor Lucas. Don’t worry darling, if Lucas does do the world a favor and kicks the bucket, I’ll cover the funeral expenses. After all, I do feel partially responsible for what happened to him.” Mia says. “Lucas is going to be just fine! Physically anyways.” Lydia says. “How interesting that you would specify he’s doing okay physically. Are you suggesting that Lucas isn’t right in the head?” Mia asks. Lydia’s eyes widen. “Oh my god…it was you, wasn’t it?” Lydia asks. “Pardon?” Mia asks. “You did something to Lucas to turn him against me, didn’t you?!” Lydia asks. “I have no idea what you’re talking about, but it would seem to me that Lucas isn’t the only one with a screw loose!” Mia says. “Lucas woke up and told me that he doesn’t love me anymore, that he wants to be with Julia!” Lydia reveals. Mia covers her mouth, pretending to be in shock. “He did? How sad.” Mia says. “What the hell did you do to him?” Lydia asks. “Don’t be ridiculous, I didn’t do anything to Lucas! Up until a few hours ago, I was in police custody! How would I have had time to go to the hospital and brainwash Lucas into hating you? How would I have even accomplished something like that? Do you think I waved around my magic wand? Cast a spell on him? Put a curse on you perhaps?” Mia asks. “I think you have plenty of people who could’ve done something to him on your behalf, like Doctor Andropov for example. Besides bringing people back from the dead, brainwashing people is his specialty.” Lydia notes. “I haven’t spoken to that man since I left Stanpatos Isle, I don’t even know where he’s keeping himself these days.” Mia claims. “I don’t believe you.” Lydia says. “Here’s a thought! Maybe no one did anything to Lucas! Maybe that bullet to the chest was the wake up call he needed to realize what a waste of oxygen you are and so he decided to move on to someone slightly more likable. She can’t be that bright though, she is interested in Lucas after all and that’s a fatal flaw if I’ve ever seen one.” Mia says. “I’m going to get to the bottom of what happened, and when I do, my next order of business will be running you out of town!” Lydia warns. “It really is so dismaying to see how much hate you have in your heart, Lydia. Now that I’ve been given this new lease on life, my main goal is to love and be loved! I just don’t have time for such negativity.” Mia says. “Get out of my sight before I throw you through one of these store windows.” Lydia tells her. “Threatening to assault a frail old woman? Is there no end to your venom? Oh well, it's clear that you’re a miserable shrew of a person and you’re unlikely to ever change, so I’m going to leave you to wallow in your despair. You ladies have a fabulous day!” Mia exclaims, before walking off. “Are you okay?” Acerbi asks. “No, I’m not okay! I don’t think it's a coincidence that Lucas’ strange behavior started the same day Mia was released. She may not have done something to him personally, but she was involved!” Lydia says. “I will run some tests on Lucas to try and determine a cause for his behavior, but if Doctor Andropov or someone else did something to tamper with his mind, I cannot guarantee I’ll find anything unless some sort of brain chip was implanted.” Acerbi says. “I’d still appreciate it if you’d look into it nonetheless.” Lydia says. Acerbi smiles. “Of course.” Acerbi says. Acerbi takes both of Lydia’s hands. “Listen to me and listen carefully. No matter what is going on with Lucas, I promise you that your love will prevail. You fought tooth and nail to come home to him, you aren’t going to allow a small setback like this to get in your way.” Acerbi says. Lydia smiles. “Thank you, Olivia.” Lydia says, before hugging Acerbi.

At the Goo Castle, Andy, Rebecca, and Dannie come in through the front door as King Beast is coming downstairs. “Where are you three coming home from so late?” King Beast wonders. “We…we had a bit of a situation.” Andy says. King Beast notices that Dannie is visibly upset. “What happened?” King Beast questions. “We should probably let Dannie fill you in on the details.” Rebecca says. “I think that’s a good idea.” Andy says, before walking into the living room with Rebecca. King Beast approaches Dannie. “Darling, what happened?” King Beast questions. “We were wrong…Meow Cat wasn’t my stalker, he was just a decoy.” Dannie tells him. “What?! I knew Meow Cat being the stalker seemed a bit out of character, given what I know about him, but him being a decoy? If Meow Cat wasn’t the stalker, then who was?” King Beast asks. “Caleb Cooper, or rather the man I thought was Caleb Cooper. His real name is Corey Cambino.” Dannie reveals. King Beast’s eyes widen. “Lucas Cambino’s brother? The man who killed my cousin Hank, Andy and Rebecca’s daughter Emma?” King Beast asks. “That’s right. Somehow he survived being stabbed years ago and he came back to try and win me back.” Dannie says. “But you’re gay!” King Beast points out. “That doesn’t matter to someone as delusional as he is! You should have heard him, Dad! He recognizes that he isn’t a good person but he believes that I can somehow fix him! That seems to be part of the reason he’s remained fixated on me even after all this time, he thinks that I can help him become a better person!” Dannie says. “He was present both times you were attacked, wasn’t he? He was trying to play the role of your hero, he was hoping to endear himself to you so that you would fall in love with him.” King Beast realizes. “And when that didn’t work, when he realized that I still wasn’t falling in love with him, I think that’s what pushed him to do the things he did tonight.” Dannie says. “Which is what exactly?” King Beast questions. “He kidnapped me, Dad, right from the hospital parking garage. He was gonna shoot Bethany Wilson, he was gonna shoot me, it was a terrible mess.” Dannie says. “That’s horrible…where is he now?” King Beast wonders. “In the hospital. Kaylie Simms arrived on the scene as he was about to shoot me and she ran him over.” Dannie says. “Hopefully he doesn’t make it.” King Beast says. “I hope he does. After everything that monster has done to me, to the people around me, death would be far too easy. I want him to rot in prison for the rest of his life.” Dannie says. “If he survives this, I can guarantee you that is what’s going to happen. But even so…Corey going to prison isn’t going to erase the trauma he inflicted upon you.” King Beast notes. “I’ll be fine.” Dannie says. “Are you sure?” King Beast asks. “It’s finally over. Corey is either going to die or spend the rest of his life in jail. Either way, I’ll never have to worry about him again. I’ll finally be able to rest easy knowing that my stalker has been stopped.” Dannie says.

In the living room of the Goo Castle, Rebecca is holding a framed photograph of Emma when Andy comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her. “I’m thinking about her too.” Andy admits. “She was 16, Andy. Just 16 years old and her life was cut short because of this despicable creature.” Rebecca says. “I know, I hate him too. But, he’s never gonna hurt anyone ever again. Given his circumstances, there are two endings for him: either death or prison. Either way, he’s done.” Andy says. “That’s the same thing we thought years ago when I thought I had killed him, but he came back! Not only that, but he’s still hurting people! Dannie has been living in fear for months because of the things that man has put them through, and if stalking them wasn’t enough, he kidnapped them, he tried to kill them! When does it end?” Rebecca asks. “It HAS ended. We’ve got him, sweetheart, there’s no way out for him this time.” Andy says. “We’ve said that so many times about so many people, look at how often we’ve been wrong. You know, a part of me really wants to go to the hospital right now, slip into his room, and just put a pillow over his face until I’m certain that he is no longer a threat…” Rebecca admits. “After what he did to our girl, I’d love nothing more than to put him in the ground, but we can’t do it. Think about what happened with Andre, all of the years you lost because of what happened to him.” Andy says. “I know that, but then I think about all of the years Emma is never going to see because of that bastard. She never got to see her graduation, she never got to get married or have a child of her own, all of that was taken from her because of one man, THAT man! He deserves to pay!” Rebecca shouts. “And he will pay! But we can’t be the ones to dish out that justice, our families need us! Trust me, I know exactly what you’re feeling right now. I’d like nothing more than to go over to the hospital and just shoot him over and over again until I knew for a fact he wouldn’t be waking up! But I also know that revenge comes with a steep price that we cannot afford! You spent years in an asylum after you killed Andre, I lost my career after I pulled my gun on Joe Fish in the interrogation room! If either one of us took things that far again…I don’t think there’d be any coming back. My life or your life, it’d be over in an instant. I want to avenge our daughter, more than anything, but I also know that we can’t do that because of the daughter that’s still here. Ava has been through so much pain in her life, she can’t lose either one of us.” Andy says. Rebecca nods. “I know…its just…how come our daughter is dead but scum like Corey Cambino gets to cheat death and go on with his life?! Its not fair! ITS NOT FAIR!” Rebecca screams. Andy wraps his arms around Rebecca and she begins to sob into his chest. “Its okay, sweetheart. Everything is going to be okay, I promise…I promise…” Andy tells her, stroking her head.

Bethany and Kaylie walk into Corey’s living room. “So this is where it all went down?” Kaylie asks. “Close. He was holding Dannie in the basement.” Bethany clarifies. “I can’t believe he’s been living under our noses for all this time…” Kaylie says. “Me neither. Kay, I’m sorry for all of this. I know I was probably in way over my head with all this, I should’ve left the detective work to you.” Bethany says. “As a detective, I should tell you that what you did was foolish, it was illegal, and it was reckless. But as your girlfriend…I’ve gotta hand it to you, you saved the day.” Kaylie says. “Me? You’re the one who hit Corey with your car! You stopped him from killing Dannie.” Bethany notes. “But I never would’ve known you and Dannie were in danger if you hadn’t called me. No one probably would’ve known that Dannie was in danger if you didn’t decide to take a closer look at all this! You saved the day, Beth, and I couldn’t be a prouder girlfriend.” Kaylie says. “That’s…that’s the second time you’ve called me your girlfriend in the last five minutes.” Bethany observes. Kaylie takes Bethany’s hand and the two sit on the sofa. “A lot has happened between us these last few months, we’ve both made mistakes.” Kaylie says. “Pretty sure my mistake was bigger than the rest.” Bethany says. “With that being said, when you called me in a panic and I heard that gunshot in the background…you have no idea how terrified I was, terrified that I was gonna lose you. On the ride over here, all I could think about is how awful I’d feel if anything happened to you and I never got the chance to make things right.” Kaylie says. “It's not up to you to make things right, I’m the one who screwed up.” Bethany says. “And you’ve apologized for it endlessly, which means it's up to me to decide whether or not to forgive you. I forgive you, Beth. This whole situation has helped me realize just how much I love you, and how lost I’d be if anything happened to you. I don’t want to live my life without you anymore. I want to wake up next to you in the morning, I want to go to sleep next to you at night, I want Issac to have his mom be a constant presence in his life, his OTHER mom.” Kaylie says. Bethany smiles. “I want that too. So does that mean you’ll be moving back into the apartment?” Bethany asks. “I’d love to…but, I have a feeling I’ll be here all night. First chance I get though, Issac and I are coming home.” Kaylie says. “That is the best news I’ve heard all year.” Bethany says. “It's only January.” Kaylie points out. “And I’d bet that nothing is going to top this for the rest of the year.” Bethany says, before leaning in and kissing Kaylie. As Bethany and Kaylie are kissing, groaning can be heard coming from the other room. “What was that?!” Kaylie asks. “Oh my god, I completely forgot! When I first showed up here, I was looking around and I noticed that it looked like someone was lying in a bed in the other room.” Bethany reveals. “Did you recognize them?” Kaylie asks. “I didn’t see their face, I only saw part of them because the door cracked open. I was gonna go check it out but then I heard Dannie yelling from down in the basement.” Bethany says. Kaylie stands up. “I guess I better go check it out then.” Kaylie says. Bethany stands up. “Be careful! For all you know, Corey could have an accomplice!” Bethany points out. Kaylie pulls out her gun. “Then I better go in there prepared.” Kaylie says. Kaylie slowly approaches the door with Bethany following behind her. Kaylie opens the door, walks in, and discovers the person in the bed. “Oh my god…” Kaylie mutters. Bethany walks in behind her and her eyes widen. “What the actual hell?!” Bethany asks. The person lying in the bed is revealed to be a very much alive Kitty Cat!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down