QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S1 Episode 01: Exiled

Go down

S1 Episode 01: Exiled Empty S1 Episode 01: Exiled

Post by QG Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:32 pm

In a bustling city on an unknown planet, a terrifying leviathan flies over the skyscrapers. The leviathan shoots orbs of fire at the traumatized civilians, as they all attempt to flee. On a nearby rooftop, four individuals glare at the leviathan. “Attention people! No reason to fear, your savior has arrived!” Fabian announces. Avelina rolls her eyes. “Lets get this over with. I have a hair appointment in two hours.” Avelina says. Avelina pulls out her sword known as the dragon’s steel, Fabian pulls out a gun, and Simon transform into a werewolf. “Wait!” A voice shouts. Avelina, Fabian, and Werewolf Simon turn towards their fourth member, Isabel, who is in a robot suit. “What?” Avelina questions. Isabel clicks a button on her robotic suit, and music begins to play over built in speakers.

“Seriously?” Avelina asks. “We can’t fight this thing without some music!” Isabel claims. Avelina sighs. Without a plan, Werewolf Simon begins running, and lunges off of the edge of the roof! Simon flies far enough that he is able to land on the snout of the beast. Werewolf Simon begins repeatedly punching the leviathan. “DIE UGLY FLYING SNAKE!” Werewolf Simon roars. The leviathan shakes Werewolf Simon off, and he flies into the wall of a building. “That idiot! The leviathan is too big for a couple of punches to do anything!” Avelina notes. “I’ll show him how its done.” Fabian claims. “Oh no…” Avelina mumbles. Fabian runs off the edge of the building, and the jetpack he is wearing automatically activates. Fabian soars towards the leviathan, and pulls out some kind of gun. When Fabian pulls the trigger, the gun fires a laser beam that barrels towards the leviathan. The laser reaches the leviathan, and wraps itself around its neck. “Fabian, DON’T!” Avelina yells. Fabian uses the energy beam to start swinging the leviathan around, in the process destroying neighboring buildings! Fabian then uses the beam to hurl the leviathan to the ground, narrowly avoiding killing numerous citizens! “You are supposed to kill the leviathan, not the entire freaking city!” Avelina screams. Fabian rolls his eyes. “Everyone’s a critic!” Fabian complains. Avelina turns towards Isabel. “We better go and help him.” Avelina says. “I’m on it!” Isabel says, before flying towards the leviathan. Avelina then throws her sword. The sword stops in mid air, and Avelina jumps on it. Once Avelina is standing on the blade of the sword, the sword flies her towards the leviathan. Isabel comes up behind the restrained leviathan, and begins firing orbs of energy from the palms of her robot suit’s hands. The leviathan cringes in pain, as Avelina flies up in front of it. Avelina then jumps off the sword, and then grabs the handle. As Avelina falls towards the leviathan, the sword’s blade becomes engulfed with flames. Avelina falls onto the leviathan’s head, and drives the dragon’s steel right through its skull! The leviathan cries out in pain, and Avelina then drags the blade from the leviathan’s forehead, down to the tip of its nose! The leviathan’s head drops to the ground, suggesting it is now dead. “Yay, we killed it! Go team!” Isabel exclaims. “You’re welcome.” Fabian says. One of the locals walk up, and points to the leviathan’s dead body. “Who’s going to clean up this mess?” The local asks. The four heroes look at each other in confusion.

An overview shot of a golden kingdom can be seen, with a deep blue sky above it, no clouds in sight. Avelina, Fabian, Isabel, and Simon are standing in the throne room of a palace. “Wow, I have really out done myself this time. Did you see the way I swung that beast around, like a rope? It was a work of art. I find new ways to impress myself every time I fight.” Fabian brags. “Okay enough. I’m the one who killed the leviathan, jack ass.” Avelina says. “Perhaps, but I’m the one who restrained it for you!” Fabian points out. “You might’ve restrained it, but you didn’t kill it. Isabel is the one that distracted it long enough for me to kill it.” Avelina notes. “I would’ve killed it if you didn’t ride in on your magical sword and steal my kill!” Fabian snaps. “Oh yeah, you were on a roll! With the way you were going, you would’ve wiped out the entire city in the process!” Avelina argues. Fabian shrugs. “Our job was to kill the leviathan, there were no special instructions on how to go about doing it. You know, instead of acting like I did nothing, why aren’t we talking about Simon? He’s the one who threw a couple of useless punches and then disappeared for the rest of the fight!” Fabian recalls. “Don’t drag me into this.” Simon urges. “You were never a part of this, that’s the problem.” Fabian argues. “Maybe we could all agree that we ALL did a great job!” Isabel suggests. “NO!” Avelina and Fabian snap. “Enough bickering!” A deep voice barks. The four turn, and see an elderly man sit on the throne. “Destiny. Its...good to see you.” Avelina says. “So, what did you think of our performance? Pretty great, huh?” Fabian asks. “For the life of me, I cannot understand why you four are patting yourselves on the back when you made complete embarrassments out of yourselves!” Destiny notes. “Embarrassments? We killed the leviathan, just like you asked us to do! We saved that planet!” Avelina notes. “Saved it? You nearly destroyed it! Do you realize how many people you could have killed with your reckless approach of attacking the leviathan?” Destiny asks. “With all due respect sir, I told you before you should get rid of Fabian, he’s more trouble than he’s worth.” Avelina says. “Don’t sell yourself short, my dear. I gave you four the monumental task of protecting the universe, so when the universe’s protectors can’t help but bicker with each other, its not a very good look.” Destiny says. “We’ll try to do better.” Simon says. “I’ve been hearing that since I first recruited you four for the Knights of the Universe initiative, but it never gets better. I knew I was taking a gamble, recruiting four troubled individuals and expecting them to keep the universe safe from danger. But, with your special abilities, I really wanted to try and rehabilitate you. Obviously, that was in error in judgment on my part. I can no longer condone your behavior. I have given you chance after chance to prove yourselves, and you have failed me every time. For that reason, I’m abandoning the Knights of the Universe initiative, and exiling the four of you from Undela.” Destiny says. “Exiling us? To where?” Isabel asks. “To somewhere worse than hell itself.” Destiny says. Destiny taps the ground with his staff, and a portal materializes under the knights. “Good bye.” Destiny says. The knights then fall into the mysterious portal!

S1 Episode 01: Exiled Dedrlau-302c0338-33f6-49b3-8841-8fc174374b8e.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWMxMmNlYmUtZTQwMC00MmUzLTlkNmYtODhhMTYzYTQxMDkzXC9kZWRybGF1LTMwMmMwMzM4LTMzZjYtNDliMy04ODQxLThmYzE3NDM3NGI4ZS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ

At an unknown location, Fabian awakens to find a homeless man standing over him and his teammates. “What are you looking at?” A groggy Fabian asks. “I was just making sure you were okay. I heard a loud crash, I came back here, and that’s when I found you and your friends.” The homeless man says. Fabian looks around, and sees they’re in a back alley. “Where are we?” Fabian wonders. “Los Angeles, of course!” The homeless man says. “Of course...and where might that be?” Fabian asks. “California…” The homeless man says. “Never heard of it. What galaxy is that in?” Fabian asks. The homeless man chuckles “You must’ve hit your head pretty hard. You are on planet Earth, of course!” The homeless man reveals. Fabian’s eyes widen. “Do you need to see a doctor?” The homeless man questions. “I’m not sure what this doctor person could do for me, but I think I’ll be fine. Run along now.” Fabian tells him. “Uh, alright. Good luck.” The homeless man says, before walking away. Fabian begins to nudge on Avelina’s shoulder. “Avelina, get up!” Fabian urges. Avelina’s eyes begin to open. “What? Why did you shake me so hard?” Avelina questions. “You won’t believe where we are.” Fabian says. Avelina opens her compact, and looks at her reflection. “Oh God, my hair is a mess!” Avelina whines. “Focus! We’re on Earth!” Fabian reveals. “EARTH?! Are you freaking kidding me?! Out of all the places Destiny could’ve dropped us, he chose the cesspool of the universe?!” Avelina asks. Fabian shrugs. “We have to wake the others.” Avelina says. Avelina begins trying to wake Isabel, as Fabian tries to awake Simon. “What’s going on? Where are we?” Isabel asks. “We’re in hell.” Avelina claims. “Are we really?” Simon asks. “We might as well be. We’re on Earth.” Avelina reveals. “Oh no...I can’t be here!” A panicked Simon says. “Yet you are!” Fabian responds. “Why is everyone upset about being on Earth? It has great music!” Isabel points out. “The planet is filled with morons! From what I understand, Earthlings have the lowest IQ of anyone in the universe.” Avelina says. “I’ll try not to take offense to that.” Simon says. “Wait, you’re from Earth?” A surprised Avelina asks. “That’s FANTASTIC! That means we have our own personal tour guide!” Fabian notes. “Not exactly. Earth is a fairly large planet, and I don’t know every inch of it. Does anyone know exactly where we are on Earth?” Simon asks. “I think the guy called it Los Angela.” Fabian says. “Los Angeles?” Simon asks. “I guess that could’ve been it, too.” Fabian admits. “At least the weather is really nice!” Isabel notes. “That’s about the only good thing! We’re stranded on a planet that we know nothing about!” Avelina complains. “Simon is from Earth!” Isabel reminds her. “Maybe, but I’m not too familiar with the Los Angeles area.” Simon says. “My point stands. We’re screwed.” Avelina says. “Must you be so dramatic? I’m sure we can figure something out.” Fabian says. “Maybe we could find a way back to Undela and dethrone Destiny.” Avelina suggests. “The chances of dethroning Destiny are 0 to one million nine hundred thousand and eight.” Isabel notes. “I was joking!” Avelina snaps. “If we’re going to survive the cruel terrain of Earth, we’re going to have to find Shelter.” Fabian says. Simon pulls a piece of paper out of his pocket, and looks at it. “We might already have shelter.” Simon says. “What is that?” Fabian asks. “It looks like an address.” Simon says. “What are you doing with it?” Avelina asks. “I have no idea! I found it in my pocket! Maybe its a gift from Destiny.” Simon suggests. “We should go and check it out. “Agreed. In the mean time, on our way there, lets try and act like normal, functioning members of society. The three of you aren’t from Earth, so its probably best that you try not to attract too much attention.” Simon says.

The four knights are walking down the street, as they catch weirded out glances from civilians. “People are staring…” Simon notes. Finally, Avelina stops one woman. “Excuse me, but what are you looking at?!” Avelina asks. The woman runs off in fear. “Was it something I said?” Avelina asks. “It was your demeanor! You should try and be nicer!” Fabian notes. “All of the concerned glances might have to do with the fact that Avelina has a sword on her back.” Simon points out. “Is that not normal around these parts? Honestly, I’m surprised Destiny even let Avelina keep the Dragon’s Meal.” Fabian says. “Its called the Dragon’s Steel, you idiot! Besides, Destiny wouldn’t have any right to take it, I had this sword long before I began working for him. I don’t know why you’re surprised, he let you keep your stupid guns.” Avelina points out. “They aren’t stupid!” Fabian argues. “I’m happy you guys got to keep your weapons. Destiny kept my robot suit. I guess I could build another one, but it won’t be the same.” Isabel says. Isabel notices Simon looking over his shoulder. “Are you okay? You seem nervous.” Isabel notes. “I’m fine, just being cautious.” Simon tells her.

The knights arrive outside an apartment door. Fabian tries the doorknob, and opens the door. “I can’t believe someone would leave the door unlocked, in this neighborhood!” Fabian says. The four walk inside. “Hello??? Anyone home???” Fabian asks. “If anyone was, they probably would’ve come out by now to find out who the hell is in their home.” Avelina says. “I don’t think anyone resides here. There are no photographs, no personal touches.” Isabel points out. “Just bland furniture.” Fabian adds. Simon finds a note on the table. “I found a note, its from Destiny.” Simon reveals. “Read it!” Avelina urges. “I could not in good conscience leave the four of you on an unfamiliar planet, and provide you with no aid. As such, I have made arrangements for you to reside in this apartment. I have already paid first and last month’s rent, as well as the security deposit. However, if you four are going to continue living here, you must get jobs and pay for it yourselves. This is the extent of my help. Good luck, and may this experience teach you all a valuable lesson. P.S, your rent is 2,300 a month A little expensive for a two bedroom, if you ask me.” Destiny’s note reads. “Oh my, rent prices have sky rocketed since I was last on Earth. Then again, rent has always been a little expensive in Los Angeles.” Simon says. “I can’t believe Destiny expects us to live here. And two bedrooms? There are four of us!” Avelina points out. “I guess we’ll each have to pick a roomie.” Fabian says. Avelina sighs. “If I have to pick someone, I guess I’ll choose Isabel.” Avelina says. Isabel screams in glee. “This is going to be so much fun! Its going to be like a slumber party every night!” Isabel says. “Are you trying to make me hate the idea?” Avelina asks. Fabian puts his arm around Simon’s neck. “We got this, right buddy?” Fabian asks. Simon removes Fabian’s arm from him. “Don’t touch me.” Simon says. “I’m going to take a look around our new place!” Isabel says, before disappearing into the other room. “How are we supposed to get out of this mess?” Avelina asks. “We play along, and hope Destiny lets us come back as Knights of the Universe. At the very least, he could let us come back to Undela. That place was like paradise.” Fabian says. “We are never going anywhere near Undela again. Gods have a shorter fuse than anyone in the universe, and once you upset them, it takes a LONG time before you can get back into their good graces.” Avelina says. Suddenly, Isabel can be heard screaming from the other room. Avelina draws her sword, Fabian pulls out his gun, and Simon transforms into a werewolf. Isabel runs out of the other room. “What is it? An intruder?” Fabian asks. “What? No! Turns out, Destiny DIDN’T get rid of my robot suit! Its in the bedroom!” Isabel exclaims. “That’s why you let out that blood curdling scream?” Avelina asks. “It sounded like you were being repeatedly stabbed!” Fabian points out. “I got a little excited, but I couldn’t help it! Not only am I having a sleep over with my bestest friends, but I got my suit back! This is the greatest day EVER!” Isabel says. “Obviously she’s in denial, pour girl.” Fabian says. “I can’t believe SHE is supposed to be the brilliant one out of all of us.” Avelina says. “Lets try and stay focused. As Destiny said, if we’re going to keep this apartment, we’ll need to get jobs.” Simon says. “Why can’t we just stay here for free? What kind of a crappy world is this?” Avelina asks. “How do we find these so called jobs?” Fabian asks. “I’ll help you, but your employers might want to interview you, so try and be on your best behavior.” Simon says. “No problem! I can do normal.” Fabian says. “We’re doomed…” Avelina mumbles.

In an office, Avelina is sitting across from an interviewer. “What’s your name?” The interviewer asks. “Avelina.” Avelina responds. “What’s your last name?” The interviewer asks. “Pardon?” Avelina asks. “Your last name.” The interviewer repeats. “My last name?...I don’t think I have one of those.” Avelina says.

“I noticed you didn’t bring a resume.” The interviewer notes to Fabian. “I’m confident I don’t need one of those.” Fabian states. “Do you have any prior work history?” The interviewer asks. “Of course I do! I was a brain surgeon, I was in the army...oh, and I was once king of this country!” Fabian lies.

“Why do you want to work here?” The interviewer asks. “Because my friends and I were fired from our positions as Knights of the Universe, exiled from Undela, stranded on this planet, so we need the money to afford our new apartment.” Isabel says.

“Why should we hire you?” The interviewer asks. “Because your people would be fortunate to have me. Frankly, this position is beneath me. Though I’m not too thrilled about it, I have royal blood coursing through my veins, so to say that this job is unworthy of me is an understatement. However, I do need it, and given my heritage, you should be throwing money at me, trying to convince me to work for you.” Avelina says.

“Why should we hire you?” The interviewer asks. “I think you should hire me for some very obvious reasons. I’m charismatic, I’m good looking, I have a fantastic sense of humor, plus I have KILLER instincts, and anyone that doesn’t think so is clearly blind and has no taste. You’d have to be an idiot not to hire me.” Fabian says.

“Why should we hire you?” The interviewer asks. Isabel shrugs. “I don’t know.” Isabel responds.

Simon, Avelina, and Isabel are now back at their apartment. “I was lucky enough to get hired on the spot. I am now a science teacher at Washington College.” Simon reveals. “How did you manage that?” Avelina wonders. “I have prior experience with science on Earth, so it was a good fit. Of course, I didn’t want the school to know my true identity, so I had to use a fake last name, and fabricate a resume. By the way, how did your interviews go?” Simon questions. “It couldn’t have gone worse! I told them the truth, that the job was beneath me, and they LAUGHED at me!” Avelina complains. “They laughed at me too, and then suggested I talk to a therapist. I wanted to take their advice, but I have no idea what a therapist is.” Isabel says. “Maybe I should’ve given you some proper training on how to behave in an interview, given none of you are from Earth.” Simon says. Avelina looks around. “Speaking of space cadets, what happened to Fabian?” Avelina asks. “He told me earlier he met some girl on his way home from the interview. He came home for a change of clothes, and then went to meet her somewhere. I think he might be attracted to this girl.” Isabel admits. “Oh dear God…” Simon mumbles. “I’m sure it’ll be fine! What kind of trouble could Fabian possibly get himself into?” Isabel asks. “A lot! Do you have any idea where he went?” Avelina asks.

In a classy restaurant, Fabian is sitting across from a beautiful blonde woman. “So, what’s your story Fabian?” The woman asks. “Well, you see Rachel, I was born on the planet Heveret, which is only about six or seven galaxies away from here. Anyway, when I became an adult, I joined the military. Unfortunately, the military and I didn’t really mix well, they thought I was too violent. So, after they kicked me out, I joined a group of assassins called “Silence”. Career wise, I thought it was a better fit than the military. Eventually though, I got bored of taking orders, so I decided to go into business for myself. I stole a bunch of Silence’s equipment, and then I became a private contractor. It didn’t last very long, because one day, I was just about to take out one of my marks, when I was teleported away to this far away land located in the center of the universe. Turns out, Destiny, the creator of the universe, wanted to recruit me for some new team he was putting together. He called us the Knights of the Universe. Pretty cool, right? I was cool with it, because it meant I got to kill bad guys. But, it turned out to not be so great after all. My teammates were all assholes, and since we didn’t get along, Destiny canned us, and then exiled us to this hellhole.” Fabian says. Suddenly, Rachel begins to crack up laughing. Fabian smiles. “What? What’s so funny?” Fabian questions. “Your story was very creative! Have you ever considered a career in writing?” Rachel asks. “Story? It wasn’t a story!” Fabian argues. Avelina, Simon, and Isabel arrive at the table. “There you are, honey! I’ve been looking all over for you!” Avelina says. “Who are you?” Rachel questions. “I’m Fabian’s girlfriend.” Avelina lies. Fabian nervously laughs. “Uh, Rachel, there has been a big misunderstanding here.” Fabian says. “No, I understand perfectly, JERK!” Rachel snaps, before throwing a drink in Fabian’s face! Rachel then grabs her purse, and storms out. “She seems nice. Do you think there will be a second date?” Isabel asks. A defeated Fabian buries his head in the table.

Back at the apartment, Fabian and Avelina are facing off, while Simon and Isabel look on. “I can’t believe you just ruined things for me!” Fabian yells. “You were losing focus, I helped you get back on track.” Avelina claims. “There was nothing wrong with having a little fun on the side with all this job nonsense!” Fabian argues. “Speaking of jobs, how did your interview go today?” Avelina questions. “Terrible! Can you believe they accused me of lying about my past work history? And get this! This country doesn’t have a king or a queen! Can you believe that? No wonder its such a mess! It has no leadership!” Fabian shouts. “If there isn’t a king or a queen, does that mean there are no laws and we can do whatever we want?” Isabel wonders. “You know what? I never thought of that. Maybe this place isn’t so bad after all.” Fabian says. “There is a leader of this country, they’re called the president.” Simon says. “Scratch that, this place still sucks.” Fabian says. “Something you and dump share in common.” Avelina says. “I don’t want to hear a word from you after you screwed up things between me and Haverhill.” Fabian says. “I thought you said her name was Rachel.” Isabel says. “What’s the difference?!” Fabian asks. “Out of curiosity, how were you planning on paying for this lavish dinner you two were sharing?” Avelina questions. “Simple, I was going to use the money Destiny gave us.” Fabian reveals. “You moron! We were supposed to use that money to set up our lives on Earth!” Avelina points out. “I was setting up my life on Earth! I was setting up a new relationship!” Fabian argues. “No, what you were doing was getting distracted!” Avelina yells. “EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING!” Isabel screams. This catches Fabian and Avelina’s attention. “I know that the two of you don’t always see eye to eye, but you need to realize that we are all stuck in the same situation. We are stranded in an unfamiliar place, with practically no money, and we have no idea how to navigate our new lives. Its pretty scary for all of us, but it would be so much easier if we could learn to face this new reality together. The Knights of the Universe may have been disbanded, but like it or not, we are still a team, and the only way to make it through this is to work together, and learn to live together. So, do you think you could at least TRY and put your differences aside?” Isabel asks. Avelina sighs. “Isabel is right. This situation would be a lot more tolerable if we weren’t at each other’s throats all the time. With that being said, Fabian, I’m willing to try and be cordial if you are.” Avelina tells him, as she holds out her hand. “I have no idea what being cordial means, but I’ll give it my best shot.” Fabian says, before shaking Avelina’s hand. “I’m glad that’s been settled. Now, moving onto more important matters, I’d like to coach the three of you on how to act in job interviews, to try and prepare you for tomorrow.” Simon says. “See? Everything is good! This is going to work out for all of us.” Isabel tells them.

The next day, Simon enters the apartment, and finds the other three. “My first day of teaching was an absolute success, though I wish my students were a little more attentive. How was everyone else’s day?” Simon asks. “Your help paid off, Simon. I got myself a job bartending. Granted, its a night time gig, which sucks, but the job itself doesn’t sound too bad.” Fabian says. “I also got a job, selling makeup in something humans call a “mall”. The job is humiliating, but at least I will be making money.” Avelina says. “I got a job as a math tutor for elementary school students, thanks to the resume Simon fabricated for me.” Isabel says, smiling at Simon. “It looks like everything is working out.” Simon says. “Maybe, but I still feel like we’re in for quite the adventure.” Avelina says.

In the middle of a desert, a light can be seen in the night sky. Suddenly, a pod crashes down from the sky, and into the sand! A door on the pod opens, and a man who is dressed like a king steps out. “Where art thou, Knights of the Universe?” The mysterious individual asks...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down