QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#568 QG 10-23-17

Go down

#568 QG 10-23-17 Empty #568 QG 10-23-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:57 pm

THE ANCIENT JEWEL
*Katie is sitting down at a table, eating a steak, while Lucas is standing on the other side of the restaurant, on the phone. Lucas hangs up the phone, and then returns to his and Katie’s table. “That was a pretty long conversation, what took so long?” Katie asks. Lucas sits across from Katie. “I just got the ratings report on your first episode.” Lucas says. “And? How’d I do?” Katie asks. “Judging from the ratings, you did a pretty decent job.” Lucas says. “Decent? Decent is another word for mediocre.” Katie notes. “Decent might’ve been a bit of an understatement. The ratings were fantastic. You got a ton of views.” Lucas says. “Well, that could easily be attributed to Andre being the guest. Sure, he might be the most hated man in town, but it was a given that he would bring in good ratings.” Katie notes. “Careful not to sell yourself short. I also took a look at the reviews online. People weren’t just a fan of Andre’s appearance, they were saying that you were a very likable host.” Lucas notes. “Really?” Katie asks. Lucas nods. “Looks like Fantastic City Gossip might actually be a success. Should I order some champagne?” Lucas asks. “Yes, please do. We have a lot to celebrate.” Katie notes.

GOO CASTLE
*Bethany and Brad sit on the sofa in the living room. “So, how are you doing? I know that you and V.J were pretty close.” Bethany notes. “I’m managing. My Mom is the one that I’m worried about.” Brad says. “How is she handling things?” Bethany asks. “She’s still pretty down, and who can blame her? The love of her life died, that isn’t something you just get over.” Brad says. “Is your Mom home? I know she and I don’t really know each other all that well, but, I’d still like to give her my condolences.” Bethany tells Brad. “Actually, she left town this morning.” Brad says. “Really? Where’d she go?” Bethany asks. “She said she was going to Europe. She didn’t say exactly where.” Brad notes. “Huh, there must be some kind of traveling bug going around. Andy, Rebecca, and Alexios just left for Italy this morning.” Bethany notes. “Why are they going to Italy?” Brad asks. “I think its because Andy and Rebecca are working on some kind of case, and I guess Alexios is helping them.” Bethany says. “Alexios isn’t a cop.” Brad notes. “No, but he does know Italy better than they do, so I guess I understand why he tagged along. While we are talking about cops, lets talk about you. How are things going at the police academy?” Bethany asks. “Things are going great. I graduate next month.” Brad says. “What happens then?” Bethany asks. “Rebecca has promised me a job at the Fantastic P.D. I’m gonna start out as a rookie cop, but, who knows? I could end up being promoted to detective someday.” Brad says. “If anyone can do it, you can.” Bethany tells him. “Thanks, Aunt Bethany, I appreciate the support.” Brad tells her. “Anytime, kid.” Bethany says. “So, how are things going with you? Are things going alright between you and Alexios?” Brad asks. “Uh, yeah, things have been...good.” Bethany says. “But?” Brad asks. “But what?” Bethany asks. “Not me, you! You were going to say a but!” Brad says. “What? No I wasn’t!” Bethany says. “Probably not out loud, but you were thinking it. Are you and Alexios having problems?” Brad asks. “I hope she won’t be a problem.” Bethany says. “She? Is Alexios interested in another woman?” Brad asks. “Not that I know of. Its a problem on my end.” Bethany says. “What kind of problem?” Brad asks. Bethany sighs. “Okay, do you remember when you were first starting to think that you might be gay, I told you about that girl I had a fling with back in high school?” Bethany asks. “Yeah.” Brad says. “Well, that girl is in Fantastic City.” Bethany reveals. “Seriously? That’s a pretty big coincidence. I’m sure it’ll be fine, though. Like you said, it was just a fling.” Brad says. “Brad, haven’t you learned by now not to believe anything I say?” Bethany asks. “Are you saying it wasn’t just a fling?” Brad asks. “That’s one way of putting it. Not only were their genuine feelings between us, but, once upon a time...we were going to get married.” Bethany reveals!

BODY AND SOUL CLINIC, BRADY'S ROOM, BOSTON MA
*Brady is lying in bed, reading a book, when someone knocks on his door. “Its open!” Brady calls out. Victor walks in, and is surprised to see Brady holding a book. “Since when do you read?” Victor asks. “Since its the only thing I can do here. I bought it down in the gift shop.” Brady says. “I saw the gift shop down on the first floor. They let you go in there by yourself?” Victor asks. “Yeah, Maria said that the patients can go anywhere they want, just as long as they don’t leave the grounds of the clinic without checking themselves out.” Brady says. “You aren’t going to do that, right?” Victor asks. “No, Dad, you don’t have to worry about me. I’m serious about getting help.” Brady says. “I’m glad to hear it. And, just so you know, I really didn’t want to blackmail you into doing this, Brady. I just felt like it was the only way to get through to you.” Victor tells him. “I get it, Dad. I did the same thing with Kristina, remember?” Brady asks. “Yeah, so you’ve told me. In any case, how did the tour of the clinic go?” Victor asks. “It went good. That is when I saw the gift shop, Maria showed it to me. She showed me a little park outside, too. Its a nice place.” Brady notes. “Did she show you around the entire clinic?” Victor asks. “Most of it. There was this one wing though that she didn’t want me to go anywhere near, the research wing. I tried to go inside, but she flipped out, and told me that patients weren’t allowed to go in there.” Brady notes. “That’s not surprising. Given that they are running experiments in that wing, its probably too dangerous for people who aren’t doctors to be walking around in there.” Victor points out. “Guess you’re right. I guess that I’m just surprised by how hostile Maria got. Up until then, she acted really calm and peaceful. I guess the clinic must be pretty protective of their research.” Brady notes.

BODY AND SOUL CLINIC, KRISTINA'S ROOM
*Maria is standing over Kristina’s bed. “This final treatment I’m about to administer to you should be exactly what you need to come back. I just hope that there aren’t any dwindling side effects. The last person we administered this treatment to experienced some...unexpected side effects. Memory loss, to be exact. He has completely forgotten about his life prior to being resurrected, and according to the doctor, it is very unlikely that he will ever regain his memory. Fortunately for you, you are being given a revised version of the treatment. The doctor made some changes, hoping that what happened with the previous patient won’t happen with anyone else. I just hope he made enough adjustments to ensure that you don’t lose your identity in the process, like the last patient. I don’t know who is paying for the doctor to resurrect you, but I have a feeling they wouldn’t be too pleased if they got you back, only to find that you have no recollection of your past, or the people in it. But then again, maybe that is exactly what they are aiming for.” Maria says. An orderly enters the room, and Maria turns towards him. “Well?” Maria asks. “I spoke to the doctor, and he is ready to administer the final dose of the treatment.” The orderly tells Maria. “Excellent. The treatment should be in a container in the lab. Go fill up a syringe with it, and come back here. Once you bring it to me, we can begin the final process of bringing the patient back.” Maria says. The orderly nods. He goes to walk out, but then turns towards Maria. “If you don’t mind my asking, why is the doctor going through the trouble of bringing this lady back from the dead?” The orderly asks. “An outside client contacted him, and offered to pay him a very large sum of money if he revived the patient.” Maria says. “Who would do that?” The orderly asks. “My guess is that the person is a family member. I noticed that the patient has a wedding ring on her finger, so perhaps her husband wants to revive her. I really don’t know the specifics. What I do know is that you need to go retrieve that treatment so we can finish the process of bringing her back to life.” Maria says. “I’ll go take care of it, Doctor Murphy.” The orderly says. “Thank you, and try not to take too long.” Maria says. “I won’t.” The orderly tells her, before exiting the room. Maria turns back towards Kristina. “Well, Miss Cat, looks like you are going to get the opportunity that nearly no one else on this planet has been given. You are going to be given a second chance at life.” Maria tells a dead Kristina!

THE ANCIENT JEWEL
*Lucas and Katie’s glasses clash, as they toast to their success. “I’ve gotta say. Even though I was confident in your ability to connect with the audience, I never in a million years expected the show to do this well.” Lucas notes. “How do you think I felt? I thought for sure that this whole thing was gonna be a huge flop.” Katie says. “What, you didn’t have faith in my ability to put together a good show?” Lucas asks. “No, I didn’t have faith in my ability to put on a good show. But, it looks like I was wrong. I actually did pretty good, especially considering the fact that I was interviewing a man that I cant stand. Speaking of Andre, does Lydia know that you let him on the show?” Katie asks. “I would assume she probably does by now.” Lucas notes. “Wait, you didn’t tell her? Lucas, what were you thinking?” Katie asks. “I haven’t had the time to tell her! We didn’t book Andre until last minute, and it was late by the time she got home from work last night.” Lucas says. “What about this morning? You couldn’t have told her then?” Katie asks. “I was rushing around this morning, so that I could get to the set on time. I didn’t have time to tell Lydia then, either.” Lucas says. “You do realize that she is probably going to kill you, right? We aren’t talking about some ordinary guest, we are talking Andre Stanpatos, the man who tortured her other husband, Dylan. She is going to be furious when she discovers that you let Andre on the show, without first consulting with her.” Katie notes. “I know. But, I think that once I explain things to Lydia, we’ll be able to work it out. Compared to all of the other stuff we’ve been through, this will be a walk in the park.” Lucas says. “I hope for your sake that you’re right.” Katie says. “Believe me, I hope so, too. I’m not afraid of too many things on this planet, but the one thing that scares me to death is an angry Lydia. Believe me, you never want to get on her bad side.” Lucas says. Lucas’ phone chimes, and he pulls it out of his pocket. “Its a text, from Lydia.” Lucas notes. “Uh oh.” Katie says. “She said that we need to talk immediately. She must know about Andre.” Lucas says. “On that note, I should probably go.” Katie says, as she stands up. “You’re just going to leave me here?” Lucas asks. “She’s your wife, not mine. Have fun!” Katie says, before walking out. Lucas sighs. “Believe me, I have a feeling this conversation is going to be anything BUT fun.” Lucas notes.

GOO CASTLE
*”But, you told me it was just a fling!” Brad points out. “As much as I hate admitting this, I lied. Kaylie and I were in a much more serious relationship than I let you think.” Bethany says. “So...does that mean you’re gay?” Brad asks. “I’m dating a man! Does that answer your question?!” Bethany asks. “A lot of people date people of the opposite gender, even when they don’t want to. Its what people do when they don’t want others to know that they are gay, and I know you mentioned that you didn’t want your mother to know you were dating that girl.” Brad notes. “Brad, trust me, I have real feelings for Alexios! I’ve never felt this way about any man before.” Bethany says. “But you’ve felt this way about a woman.” Brad notes. “Please don’t put words in my mouth.” Bethany requests. “Come on, Aunt Bethany! You just told me that you and this girl were engaged years ago! Do you mean to tell me you didn’t love her?” Brad asks. “I was young then! I cant even say for sure that I knew what love was, back then!” Bethany says. “If the two of you were going to get married, you must’ve had some feelings for her.” Brad points out. “I was impulsive back then, Brad. I still am! Looking back now, it probably wasn’t the best idea to propose...” Bethany notes. “You proposed to HER! It wasn’t the other way around?” Brad asks. “Ugh! I should have never had said anything!” Bethany says. “You cant tell me you didn’t have feelings for this girl if you proposed for her!” Brad notes. Bethany sighs. “You’re right, I cant. But, honestly, I don’t know what that means for my sexuality, before you ask. After Kaylie and I broke up, I haven’t been interested in any other women.” Bethany says. “Why did you two break up?” Brad asks. “Because of me. Kaylie was really open about who she was, and she wasn’t trying to hide it, but...I was different. I didn’t tell anyone that Kaylie and I were dating, and I didn’t want Kaylie to tell anyone.” Bethany says. “She must not have been to happy.” Brad says. “She wasn’t. She was sick of living her life in the dark just because I didn’t want to tell anyone that she and I were dating. So, she broke off the engagement, and we went our separate ways.” Bethany notes. “Why didn’t you want to tell anyone?” Brad asks. “Because...I was afraid of rejection. I figured that if I told people that I was dating a woman, that I would end up getting a lot of dirty looks from people.” Bethany says. “Who cares what people think?” Brad asks. “I cared! I know that I am only 31, so it isn’t like I was going to high school in the 1940s, but, it was still a different world when I was in high school. People weren’t NEARLY as accepting as they are, now. And, even if they were, there was still the issue of my mother, there is NO way that she ever would have accepted that I was dating a woman, because of how old fashion she is.” Bethany says. “Old fashion how?” Brad asks. “Well, for example, she believes that a woman’s place is at home, that they shouldn’t have to work and just have to take care of the house cleaning, not that she ever did much of that, either. Anyway, that philosophy she had is probably why she tried to marry every rich dude she ever met.” Bethany says. “So, how does that translate to being a homophobe?” Brad asks. “Trust me, I know my mother, and I know how she would react to that kinda thing. Besides, its not like it matters now, anyways. Kaylie and I aren’t together, and I’m with Alexios. I’m happy with Alexios.” Bethany notes. “Does Alexios know that Kaylie is in town?” Brad asks. “He knows that she is in town, and that Kaylie and I were friends in high school, which, is technically true...” Bethany says. “But he doesn’t know that the two of you were freaking ENGAGED?! Have you lost your mind? You have to tell him!” Brad warns her. “I cant tell him! I already lied to him by saying that Kaylie was just an old friend from high school, and if he finds out that I lied...” Bethany says. “It would be better for him to find out that you lied from you, not some other way. Alexios WILL find out, eventually.” Brad notes. “Are you going to tell him?” Bethany asks. “Course not, I wouldn’t do that to you. But, it could always find its way out some other way. What if Kaylie tells him?” Brad asks. “Nope, nuh uh, no WAY would she do that to me.” Bethany says. “Are you sure?” Brad asks. “POSITIVE. Kaylie would never do anything that would hurt me. She wants me to tell Alexios the truth, but, she isn’t going to go and expose me if I don’t tell him myself.” Bethany points out. Brad shakes his head. “I cant believe you are doing this again...” Brad says. “Again? What do you mean again?” Bethany asks. “I know you and Andy weren’t together, but you lost him over a lie, remember? You didn’t tell him that you were working with Brody, or that you blackmailed Alexios into putting a hit out on Brody! The two of you aren’t friends anymore because you weren’t honest with him!” Brad says. “So, you think that Alexios will break up with me if he finds out?” Bethany asks. “I don’t think he would break up with you, but I think it would cause a lot of trust issues between the two of you. But, if you tell him yourself, even after lying to him about it at first, it’ll still be better than him finding out some other way.” Brad says. “Maybe you’re right...but, this isn’t something I should tell him over the phone. I should wait until he gets back from Italy.” Bethany says. “That’s fine, just as long as you do tell him.” Brad says. “I’m gonna have to, because you are absolutely right. If Alexios finds out another way that Kaylie and I were more than just friends...it could ruin our relationship! Even if he doesn’t break up with me, it could still change everything! He would never trust me again! I have to tell him.” Bethany says. “That’s the spirit. I’m glad that you are finally listening to the little angel on your shoulder.” Brad says. “And, as usual, that little angel happens to look a lot like you.” Bethany says. “You helped me a lot when I was coming to terms with my identity, the least I can do is help you out, a little bit.” Brad says. “Well, thank you, anyways. I don’t know what I would do without you.” Bethany says, before pulling Brad into a hug. “What are nephews for?” Brad asks. “Giving out advice to their stubborn aunty that have a tendency to make a mess of her life, that’s what.” Bethany says. “I know that you...make a few mistakes, from time to time, but deep down, you’re a good person. I know that for a fact.” Brad says. “I just have trouble acting like one.” Bethany says. “Well, from how your mother sounds, it sounds like you had a bit of a difficult upbringing.” Brad notes. “Yeah, well, even with all her flaws, she was a good mother. At least in my eyes, she was. Anyway, I should probably go. I’ve probably talked your ear off, enough, for one day.” Bethany says. “I don’t mind. I always like our talks.” Brad says. “Me too. But, you have some studying to do, I’m sure, and I’ve got errands I need to run, starting with getting myself a good meal. I’m gonna go to the Lakeside Diner, do you wanna come?” Bethany asks. “I would, but, like you said, I’ve got studying to do. Maybe another time?” Brad asks. “Sure, just let me know when and where.” Bethany says. “I will. I love you.” Brad says. “I love you, too. I’ll talk to you later.” Bethany says. “Okay, bye.” Brad says. “Bye.” Bethany says, before walking out.

BODY AND SOUL CLINIC, BRADY'S ROOM
*”You know Dad, I didn’t say anything before because I didn’t want to jinx it, but, I’m gonna go ahead and do it anyway.” Brady says. “Okay, what do you need to say?” Victor asks. “You’ve been kinda nice lately, and its freaking me out. Are you feeling okay? You’re not dying or anything?” Brady asks. Victor laughs. “I’m not dying. I’m just trying to turn things around.” Victor says. “Why?” Brady asks. “Someone helped me realize that the way I was living my life wasn’t much of a life at all. Not to mention that I was really cruel to a lot of people, especially after your brother’s death.” Victor notes. “So, is this the new and improved Victor Goo?” Brady asks. “If that’s what you want to say. I even made a new business investment in order to mark the beginning of the new me.” Victor says. “What’s that?” Brady asks. “I bought The Foggy Tavern from Olivia Acerbi.” Victor reveals. “Why would you do that? Didn’t you sell that place?” Brady asks. “Well, to be completely honest, I missed running a night club. It was something exciting and challenging. Not to mention the fact that Acerbi practically forced me to sign on the dotted line. She apparently didn’t care much for running the place.” Victor notes. “So, what are you gonna do with it? Are you not gonna change anything?” Brady asks. “Oh no, that place isn’t exactly what I would call a nice looking night club. I think on paper, Acerbi’s vision was nice, but it didn’t work in the final product. So, the place is going to be completely remodeled, in time for a reopening party on Halloween. But, here’s the thing, when the place reopens, it will no longer be The Foggy Tavern. It’ll be Club Aqua.” Victor reveals. “You’re reopening Club Aqua? That’s great! I always loved that place.” Brady says. “Everyone in town did! Acerbi’s decision to change The Aqua Casino into The Foggy Tavern wasn’t well received, from what I’ve heard. So, the decision to turn it back into Club Aqua has been pretty popular, among the people I’ve surveyed.” Victor says. “Do you plan on doing anything new with the place? Reopening Club Aqua is great for nostalgia, but, you’re gonna need to do something new with it to grab people’s attention.” Brady says. “I know that, which is why I’ve decided to convert the second floor into rooms that people can rent.” Victor says. “To stay overnight in?” Brady asks. “Well, there is the option to live in one of them, as well. Its sort of a way to prevent drunk driving. When people want to have a lot to drink, but are worried about driving home, they can just stay in one of the suites upstairs! The prices are fairly cheap too, compared to the Fantastic Inn.” Victor says. “Sounds like a great plan, Dad, I like it.” Brady says. “Thank you. Hopefully, the rest of the city will like it, too.” Victor says. “Well, I know that once I get out of here, I won’t be able to enjoy it. I won’t be able to drink anymore, if I don’t want to risk a relapse.” Brady notes. “Lucky for you, Club Aqua will be serving lunch and dinner, as well. That way, we will catch the attention of people who don’t drink alcohol, as well. Speaking of which, we will have several beverages that don’t have a drop of alcohol in them. We’ll even have caffeine drinks!” Victor says. “Sounds like you’ve thought of everything. It also sounds like you are happy.” Brady says. “I am happy, and excited, too. This is the start of a new chapter for me, and I couldn’t be happier.” Victor says. “And I couldn’t be happier for you, Dad.” Brady tells him.

BODY AND SOUL CLINIC, KRISTINA'S ROOM
*Maria is on the phone. “I’m sure you already know that the patient is being prepared to be given the final treatment in the regimen you’ve concocted...so, once she is revived, will she be leaving our care?...Oh, for how long?...I see. Well, I will continue to look after her for you as long as possible, after all, it is my job…I’ll be in touch, Doctor.” Maria says, before hanging up the phone. The orderly comes back in. “Did you bring it?” Maria asks. The orderly hands Maria a syringe. “Its right here, Doctor Murphy. The final treatment she’ll need. Do you want me to stay in the room while you administer it to her?” The orderly asks. “We don’t know what kind of state her mind will be in once she wakes up. Its possible that she could be very agitated and nervous, which could result in her posing a threat to the staff, and herself. Remember how the other patient was after he was given the treatment and had waken up for the first time?” Maria asks. “How could I forget? He practically tore apart his entire room.” The orderly says. “For that reason, I think it would be best for you to stay in the room. I might need someone to restrain her.” Maria notes. “Understood.” The orderly says. “Just don’t do it unless I tell you to. If she wakes up and finds some strange man holding her, it is only going to agitate her more.” Maria says. “I understand.” The orderly says. Maria walks over to Kristina, and then faces towards the machines that she is hooked to. Maria holds the syringe up, and injects it into Kristina’s IV. She throws the syringe in the trash, after injecting the entire dose into Kristina’s IV. “It shouldn’t be long now before we notice a significant change in her vitals, especially considering that at this time, she doesn’t have any vitals at all.” Maria says. “I still cant believe that the chief of staff developed such a crazy drug...one that actually brings back the dead. That’s insane.” The orderly notes. “He has a brilliant mind. Bringing back the dead is right up his alley.” Maria notes. “Doctor Murphy, look!” The orderly says, while pointing. Kristina’s heart rate can be seen rising. “Its actually working.” The orderly says. The rest of Kristina’s vitals can be seen rising. “She’s coming back to life!” Maria announces. Kristina’s fingers can be seen moving slightly. A close up is then shown of Kristina’s face, and her eyes pop open!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum