QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#566 QG 10-19-17

Go down

#566 QG 10-19-17 Empty #566 QG 10-19-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:51 pm

BODY AND SOUL CLINIC, BRADY'S ROOM, BOSTON MA
*Victor and Brady enter a room at the clinic, which has a view of the city through the window. “Wow, the interior decorator at this place needs a promotion.” Brady notes. “It said on the clinic’s website that they try to make their patients as comfortable as possible.” Victor notes. “They weren’t kidding. Well, at least if I’m gonna be going through hell, I’ll be somewhere nice while doin it.” Brady says. “You won’t be. Yes, the journey to sobriety will be difficult, however, I really do think that this place will be able to help you.” Victor says. “I don’t know about that, Dad, I might be beyond help.” Brady says. “You say that now because we are still in the early stages of things. But, once you get settled in, and you get use to the protocols here, I’m sure you will come to realize that you aren’t beyond help like you think you are.” Victor tells Brady.

FANTASTIC P.D GYM
*Kaylie is sitting down, lifting weights, when she notices Don enter. “You look miserable.” Kaylie notes. “Thank you for noticing. I just came down here for a quick workout before my shift starts.” Don tells her. “Is your bad mood because of what happened with Detective Goo?” Kaylie asks. “Partly.” Don says. “What’s the other part?” Kaylie asks. “Are you always this nosy?” Don asks. “I’m just trying to get to know my new partner better.” Kaylie tells him. Don sits down next to Kaylie, and picks up a weight. “If you must know, a friend of mine is missing.” Don says. “Missing as in dropped off the grid? Or missing as in kidnapped or possibly worse?” Kaylie asks. “I don’t know. I’ve been trying to contact her for weeks, but no luck. She even missed V.J’s wedding and funeral, and she happens to be his cousin.” Don notes. “Have you talked to her family?” Kaylie asks. “I went by to see her mother yesterday, and she hasn’t heard from her either.” Don says. “Is it unusual for this friend of yours to go invisible on people like this?” Kaylie asks. “Very. She has a job at the hospital as head of security, and she hasn’t even been showing up. To be fair, she was told that she didn’t have to go back to work until she wanted to, because she had recently been involved in something pretty traumatic. But, still.” Don says. “Have you gone by her place to see if she is there?” Kaylie asks. “I knocked on her door, but no one answered.” Don says. “What about a missing person report? Have you considered filing one?” Kaylie asks. “Yeah, but so far, no leads.” Don says. “Lets go back to that traumatic incident you mentioned before. What happened?” Don asks. “Josephine, the person that is missing, was kidnapped and nearly killed by a mob boss. Fortunately, we were able to take down the mob boss, and put her behind bars.” Don says. “Do you think this mob boss might have something to do with what happened? Just because she is in prison, doesn’t mean she couldn’t pull it off. People like that have about a million connections on the outside.” Kaylie notes. “I went to Jermaine and questioned her yesterday afternoon, but she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. I don’t think she was lying.” Don says. “Any other enemies?” Kaylie asks. “One. A woman named Madeline Masters. She has a bit of a conflict with Josephine’s mother, so it would make sense that Madeline would target Josephine to hurt her mother.” Don says. “Have you talked to this Madeline person?” Kaylie asks. “I don’t even know how to get in touch with her. I asked her daughter, Lydia, but she doesn’t seem to know how to get in touch with her either, and she wouldn’t have any reason to lie to me.” Don notes. “I’m sorry...” Kaylie tells him. “Thanks. In any case, I don’t plan on giving up.” Don tells her. “I wouldn’t expect anything less from a partner of mine. How about I bring you out for breakfast and we can brainstorm on ideas to find your friend? It’ll be my treat.” Kaylie tells him. “Are you asking me out?” Don asks. Kaylie smiles. “No, and for the record, you don’t have to worry about that, I’m gay.” Kaylie tells him. “Oh, okay. Sorry for making that assumption. If the offer still stands, I’d like to take you up on it.” Don says. “Despite you trying to take a wrecking ball to it, the offer is still standing.” Kaylie tells him. Don smiles. “Lets go, then.” Don tells her. Kaylie and Don stand up, and walk out.

GOO CASTLE
*Serena is standing in the living room, with a suitcase sitting on the couch. She checks the time on her phone. “I should probably get out of here, soon, if I don’t want to miss my flight.” Serena notes. Brad and Lydia walk in. “Don’t tell me you were planning on leaving without saying goodbye, first.” Lydia says. “Of course not! I was gonna call.” Serena says. “Call? Call?! Calling isn’t good enough! I wanted an in person goodbye!” Lydia tells her. “Yeah, me too.” Brad says. “Well, you live here, so of course I was going to say goodbye to you in person.” Serena tells Brad. “She always did like you better than me.” Lydia jokingly tells Brad. Brad smiles. “So, I put together a list of instructions on how to take care of Orpheus.” Serena tells Lydia. “You think I cant take care of a baby on my own?” Lydia asks. “Not a picky baby like Orpheus. Believe me, these instructions I wrote you will be a life saver. You’ll see.” Serena says. “Well, to be perfectly honest, Lucas and I could use all of the help that we can get. Neither one of us has any experience in parenting. Sure, Lucas had a son, but he didn’t raise him from birth. As for me, I don’t have any children.” Lydia notes. “Aw, you really should think about having some!” Serena encourages her. “I don’t know...I’m nearly halfway through my forties, which means I’m probably too old to actually give birth to a baby, and, considering Lucas and I’s checkered pasts, I doubt any adoption agency would let us adopt a baby. Besides, having kids isn’t even on the table right now. We just want to focus on being happy, and staying that way.” Lydia says. “Okay, well, no pressure. For the record, I think you would be a great Mom.” Serena notes. “Aw, thanks. So, moving on to other topics, where are you going?” Lydia asks. “Europe. I am going to try and work out my grief there, and hopefully maybe even enjoy myself a little bit. Once I’ve worked out all of my problems, I’m gonna come back.” Serena says. “You sure you are?” Brad asks. “Of course! I’m not gonna leave you and your brother. Someone needs to take care of you.” Serena says. “I’m a grown man in the police academy, Mom, I can take care of myself.” Brad says. “Last I checked, you still don’t cook your own dinners. Who does that for you? Lets see…her name starts with an M...” Serena says. “Okay Mom, you’ve made your point.” Brad says. “She has a way of doing that.” Lydia says. “Well, I really need to be going, I don’t want to miss my flight.” Serena says. “Don’t let us keep you. Go have fun.” Lydia tells her. “I’ll try. But...I’m really gonna miss the two of you, and Orpheus.” Serena says. “We’ll miss you, too.” Lydia says. “But, at least we know you’ll be coming back.” Brad says. “I am coming back, I promise. In the meantime, no parties, Brad.” Serena warns him. “Aw.” Brad says. “Lydia, check on him off and on, to make sure he’s following the rules.” Serena says. “Don’t worry, I highly doubt Victor will allow anything like that under his roof.” Lydia says. “Well, Victor is out of town, I guess he took Brady to some kind of rehab clinic in Boston.” Serena says. “Oh. Well, I hope Brady gets the help he needs.” Lydia says. “Me too...” Serena says. Serena hugs Brad, and then hugs Lydia. “I love you, both of you. And I promise, I am going to get through this, and I am going to come home.” Serena tells them. “We know.” Lydia says. “Bye Mom.” Brad tells her. “Bye.” Serena says to them. She picks up her suitcase, and walks out. Lydia and Brad look at each other.

ANDY AND REBECCA'S BEDROOM
*Rebecca is packing her clothes in a suitcase, as Andy watches. Rebecca notices him staring at her. “What?” Rebecca asks. “Don’t you think you are going a bit overboard with all of the clothes?” Andy asks. “No, I’m packing everything that I am going to need.” Rebecca says. “Your entire wardrobe?” Andy sarcastically asks. “We don’t know how long we are going to be in Italy. Besides, I don’t want it to be ALL business. I read up on the hotel we are going to be staying at, and there is an inground pool on the first floor. Not only that, but Italy is a beautiful country, I want to be able to sight see at least a little bit while we are there.” Rebecca says. “You haven’t gone sight seeing there before?” Andy asks. “No. The only times I’ve ever even been to Italy was the few times I went to Stanpatos Isle.” Rebecca notes. “Well, you are the wife, which makes you the boss. Whatever you want to do, we’re gonna do it.” Andy says. “Are you sure? I don’t want to do anything that you don’t.” Rebecca says. “Absolutely. Like you said, Italy is a beautiful country, we should take advantage of that. And, to be completely honest with you, I have a bit of a romantic surprise planned for you once we get there.” Andy says. “Oh, what kind of a surprise?” Rebecca asks. “Well, nothing is set in stone yet. But, I do know that if everything works out, you are gonna love it.” Andy says. “I don’t even know what the surprise is, and I already love it.” Rebecca says, before kissing Andy. “Okay, lets not get distracted. We should already be at the airport, but we still need to pack the rest of our stuff, and drop Ava off at the castle.” Andy says. “I really hate leaving her here.” Rebecca notes. “I do too, but we cant bring her with us, its too much of a risk.” Andy says. “Well, what if Brody’s partner finds out that we are leaving the country, and decides to use this as a chance to kidnap Ava?” Rebecca asks. “I’ve already taken care of that. I talked to Victor, and he has agreed to increase security at the castle. No one is getting in that isn’t a recognized staff member, or family.” Andy assures her. “Okay, that’s good to know. Because, I really wouldn’t feel comfortable going to Italy if I didn’t know for sure that Ava was going to be safe.” Rebecca says. “Well, now you know. Nothing is going to happen to our daughter.” Andy says, before pulling Rebecca into an embrace.

STANPATOS MANSION
*Alexios comes into the living room, holding a suitcase, where he finds Bethany sitting on the couch. Bethany immediately notices the suitcase. “Are you taking a trip?” Bethany asks. “Yeah, sorry, I was actually coming to find you so that I could tell you. I’m going out of town to help Andy and Rebecca out with something.” Alexios says. “With what?” Bethany asks. “You know, a case they are working on.” Alexios says. “Unless the case has something to do with the fashion industry, I don’t see what you could do to help.” Bethany says. “Well, actually, the case is bringing them to Italy, and since I’m more familiar with the country than they are...” Alexios says. “Italy...does this case have something to do with your family? You and Andre are Italian, right?” Bethany asks. “We are, and, I’m not really sure if the case is connected to the family or not. That’s what I’m going to find out, though.” Alexios says. “Is it dangerous?” Bethany asks. “I hope not.” Alexios says. “Is it safe enough for me to come?” Bethany asks. “No, absolutely not. I’d much rather you stay home.” Alexios says. “Why? You don’t think I can handle myself?” Bethany asks. “Its not that. Its just that Andy and Rebecca don’t really like you, so, bringing you along might complicate things.” Alexios says. Bethany sighs. “I get it, I guess. So, you have no idea how long you are gonna be gone for?” Bethany asks. “None at all. Believe me, I wish I did. Don’t worry, though, because I am going to do everything possible to come back to you, as soon as humanly possible.” Alexios tells her. “Promise?” Bethany asks. “Promise.” Alexios assures her. Bethany stands up, and kisses Alexios. “I’m really gonna miss you.” Bethany says. “I’m gonna miss you, too. But, I’m really looking forward to coming back to you, I’m sure its gonna be worth the wait.” Alexios notes. “You can bet on it.” Bethany tells him. “Well, I should probably head to the airport. I don’t want to miss my flight.” Alexios says. “Okay, good luck with finding whatever you’re looking for.” Bethany says. “Thanks. One more kiss for the road?” Alexios asks. Bethany kisses Alexios once more. “Happy?” Bethany asks. “I wont be happy until I’m back here, and I have you in my arms.” Alexios tells her. “I’m looking forward to it.” Bethany tells him. “Me too. I’ll see you soon.” Alexios says. “Bye.” Bethany tells him. Alexios grabs his suitcase, waves at Bethany, and walks out the door. Once Alexios is gone, Bethany sighs.

BODY AND SOUL CLINIC, BRADY'S ROOM, BOSTON MA
*Brady is looking out the window. “You know, when I’m finished in this place, maybe I should stick around here for a little while, at least for a day. It seems like a nice city.” Brady says. “You’ve never been here before?” Victor asks. “Never. Back when I was a crook for hire, I mostly did business in Europe.” Brady says. “I’ve visited Boston before in the past. I’ve had clients here, before, so I didn’t really have much of a choice but to visit.” Victor says. “Did you like it here?” Brady asks. “Eh, its alright. I’ve been to better cities.” Victor notes. Someone knocks on the door. “Come in!” Brady calls out. A woman comes in. “Hello, which one of you is Brady Goo?” The woman asks. “That’d be me. Who are you?” Brady asks. “I’m Doctor Maria Murphy. You can simply call me Maria. I’m a member of the clinic staff. More specifically, I was the doctor who was assigned to look after you.” Maria says. “Look after me?” A confused Brady asks. “I’ll be helping you walk through the twelve step program. I suppose you could call me your sponsor. I’ll also attend AA meetings with you as well, in order to ensure that you are comfortable. Basically, my job is to keep you motivated to recover.” Maria tells him. “That’s very nice of you.” Victor tells her. “And you are?” Maria asks. “Victor Goo, I’m Brady’s father.” Victor says. “Nice to meet you, Mr. Goo. If you don’t mind, I’d actually like to take Brady for a tour of the facility, that way he will be familiar with his surroundings. You are welcome to come along, if you’d like.” Maria tells Victor. “No, that’s fine. I should probably go check into my hotel.” Victor says. “Will you be staying close by for the duration of Brady’s recovery?” Maria asks. “Unfortunately, my work prohibits me from being away from home for too long. I will be in Boston for a few days, just to help Brady get settled, and I am going to try and make it out here as much as possible to visit him.” Victor says. “You sound like a lovely father.” Maria notes. “You’re only saying that cause you don’t have to live with him.” Brady jokes. Maria smiles. “Well, I am going to head over to the hotel. I’ll be back soon to check in with you. In the meantime, enjoy the tour.” Victor says. “Bye, Dad.” Brady says. “I’ll see you soon, son.” Victor tells him, before walking out. Maria turns towards Brady. “Don’t worry, it won’t be long before you have settled in here, and are more comfortable around the staff. I know that it is going to take some time, but, it will happen. In the meantime, I’d really like to show you around the clinic, just so that you are familiar with where everything is.” Maria says. “Does that mean I’m allowed to leave my room?” Brady asks. “Absolutely! You’re not a prisoner here, Brady, we are merely here to help you, not to confine you to your room. However, unless you check yourself out of the clinic, we recommend that you not leave the grounds of the facility. Its a rule we have in place, in case one of our patients decides to leave because they don’t want to continue with their treatment. Its a way to help them reconsider before making the hasty decision to leave the clinic.” Maria notes. “Its a good plan.” Brady tells her. Maria smiles. “Come Brady, let me show you around.” Maria tells him. “Sure. Lets go.” Brady says. Brady follows Maria out of the room.

KING BEAST PLAZA, COMMON AREA
*Don and Kaylie are sitting at a table, eating ice cream. “You know, it might be a little too early in the morning to be eating ice cream.” Don points out. “Its never too early to eat ice cream.” Kaylie tells him. “And what about our workout? Don’t you think that going and eating junk food right after kinda defeats the purpose?” Don asks. “Oh come on! It isn’t like I stuff my face with junk food all of the time, and I’m sure you don’t either. Besides, I don’t think you would’ve ordered it if you didn’t actually want it.” Kaylie notes. “You goaded me into doing it!” Don points out. “Ice cream always helps drown a person’s sorrows. Well, that and hard liquor, but I DEFINITELY think its a little too early to be getting hammered. I don’t think its very professional to do it before work, either.” Kaylie notes. Don takes a spoon of ice cream, and puts it into his mouth. “Oh, wow, this is good ice cream.” Don says. “Told you ice cream helps.” Kaylie says. Don sighs. “You were right. Thank you for the help.” Don says. “Of course, what are partners for?” Kaylie asks. “To get in the way in the middle of an assignment?” Don jokes. Kaylie laughs. All of a sudden, Kaylie stops laughing. “Hey Don, can you show me that picture of your friend that went missing again?” Kaylie asks. “Sure.” Don says. Don shows Kaylie a picture of Josephine on his phone. “Uh...I think I’ve found her.” Kaylie says. Don turns around, and sees Josephine sitting at a nearby table. “Oh my god.” Don says. “I’ll get back to the station so that you and your friend can talk. Good luck.” Kaylie tells him, before standing up, and walking away. Don stands up, and walks over to Josephine’s table. “Josephine?” Don asks. Josephine looks up at Don. “Hm?” Josephine asks. “Where the hell have you been?!” Don asks!

AIRPLANE
*Andy and Rebecca are now seated. “Wow, we just barely made it.” Rebecca notes. “At least we did make it. I still don’t see any sign of your brother, though.” Andy notes. “Yeah. The plane leaves in like two minutes, I hope Alexios makes it on time.” Rebecca says. Alexios walks down the aisle, and stops at Andy and Rebecca’s seats. “Sorry I’m late, traffic was horrible on the way over here.” Alexios says. “Tell me about it. So, how did Bethany take the news that you were leaving town? You did tell her, right?” Rebecca asks. “Course I told her. She seemed like she took it fine.” Alexios says. “Good.” Rebecca says. “Well, I should probably head to my seat before the plane takes off.” Alexios says. “Where are you seated?” Rebecca asks. “Towards the back. So, don’t expect me to be entertaining you guys during the flight.” Alexios jokes. “I guess we’ll have to manage without you.” Andy jokes. “Okay, well, the two of you, enjoy the flight.” Alexios says. “You too.” Rebecca tells him. Alexios leans in and kisses Rebecca on the cheek, before walking down the aisle. Alexios approaches his seat, and sits down, right next to a woman who is faced towards the window. “Lucky you, you got the window seat. Wanna trade?” Alexios asks. The woman turns towards Alexios, and he is shocked to see that it is Serena! “What are you doing here?!” They both ask each other, at the same time!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum