QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#561 QG 10-12-17

Go down

#561 QG 10-12-17 Empty #561 QG 10-12-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:41 pm

CHURCH
*An eerie fog fills the church, as Victor and V.J stand, face to face. Victor is stunned to see V.J standing in front of him. “How...how can this be? Your body...it was inside that casket that they just brought out! Or...at least I thought it was! Was this some kind of trick by Rebecca? Did she fake your death to send you into witness protection? How are you alive?!” Victor asks. “I’m not alive.” V.J reveals. “I don’t understand. If you’re not alive, then how am I seeing you? Am I dead?” Victor asks. “It’d be real nice if you could give me a chance to talk and explain, Dad.” V.J says. “Please do, I cant wait to hear this.” Victor says. “I’m here because you called me here.” V.J says. “No I didn’t.” Victor notes. “Maybe not out loud, but subconsciously, you called.” V.J says. “That’s probably because I miss you. You didn’t deserve to die, son. You are the last person who deserved to die! It should’ve been Rebecca! She is the one who put you in the line of fire! She should’ve been the one to catch that bullet!” Victor yells. “See Dad, that is exactly why I’m here. Did you hear what you just said? You are saying that someone else, an innocent person who happens to be a mother to a young infant, should’ve been the one to die. Do you see the problem with that?” V.J asks. “After what she did to you, she could be freaking mother Theresa for all I care! She still deserves to suffer!” Victor yells. “Rebecca didn’t do anything to me, Dad! She didn’t shoot me! She didn’t leave me brain dead! That was Alexander Valentin!” V.J yells. “She put you in his path, V.J! If she hadn’t assigned you to that case...you’d...you’d be on your honeymoon right now! You and Serena would be planning your future together! But instead, Serena lost the love of her life, and has to try to live life without you!” Victor yells. “Let me ask you something. Do you see Serena lashing out at Rebecca?” V.J asks. “No, but of course she isn’t! She is afraid that if she confronts Rebecca for what she did, she might lose Andy as a friend! I’m not worried about hurting Andy’s feelings! If he chooses that witch over his own family, that is HIS problem!” Victor yells. “Andy was defending his wife, Dad. As for Serena, you and I both know that she hasn’t confronted Rebecca because she doesn’t blame her for what happened. You are the only person who does, just like you are the only one who is refusing to let Clara into the family, just like you were the only person who gave Kristina hell JUST for one tiny little mistake.” V.J says. “She kissed Theo Douglas while she was married to Brady! While he was in a coma, no less! As for Clara, I have every right to hate that woman! She is a worthless loon who should be rotting in prison right now!” Victor yells. “Oh please, don’t pretend like it upsets you that she almost killed Kristina, Lucas, and Mark Raymond years ago! You dislike all three of them!” V.J says. “Are you defending her actions?” Victor asks. “Not at all, but Clara has changed.” V.J says. “If she had changed, she wouldn’t be in a relationship with Lysandros Masters, the man who tried to kill you, Brady, your sister, me, and a bunch of other people!” Victor yells. “She loves him.” V.J notes. “I cant believe this. I cant believe that you have come from wherever your spirit is just to tell me that I am wrong for disliking those horrible people!” Victor yells. “They aren’t horrible people.” V.J says. “Leave me alone, son. I have nothing more to say to you.” Victor says. “Do you know why I came? Because I saw what happened earlier.” V.J says. “Me being kicked out of your funeral by your murderer? That was disgusting! She should’ve been the one hauled out, not me.” Victor says. “Let me ask you something. If you were in the right in that particular situation, then how come no one came to your defense? Ciara didn’t try to help you out. In fact, she was the one who told Andy and Lucas to get you out of the building. Brady didn’t come to your defense, Tina didn’t, Sabrina didn’t, no one did.” V.J notes. “I said what needed to be said.” Victor says. “You verbally attacked Rebecca. You were probably going to physically attack her if you weren’t tossed out of here! Dad, I have watched you bully and attack people my entire life, but what happened with Rebecca...that was the tip of the iceberg! I couldn’t just stand by for that one!” V.J says. “You are dead, it isn’t like you can do much.” Victor says. “I can stage a devine intervention.” V.J says. “An intervention? You cant be serious. I’m not an alcoholic like your brother, V.J.” Victor says. “Interventions aren’t just for alcoholics. They can be used for anyone with any kind of a problem. Your problem happens to be bullying people. Kristina, Clara, Rebecca, Andy, Alexios, Bethany, even your own children and wife.” V.J says. “Don’t you pin your mother and I breaking up on me! She abandoned our family so that she could go somewhere where her business was more likely to take off! She chose fame and fortune over caring for her family!” Victor yells. “I never said that was your fault.” V.J says. “You insinuated it! And that is enough for me!” Victor yells. “Come on, Dad, people cant stand to be around you! The roll their eyes and groan the second you enter a room! Don’t you see that as a problem?” V.J asks. “A problem for them.” Victor notes. “So, for the record, you don’t see anything wrong with your actions, and the way they effect other people.” V.J says. “No, I don’t.” Victor says. V.J sighs. “Okay, I didn’t want to have to do this, but, you give me no choice.” V.J says. “Do what?” Victor asks. “I’m gonna show you something, something that will hopefully open your eyes, and make you see how bad you have been to the people around you.” V.J says. The room starts to grow darker. “Wait, what’s going on?” Victor asks. V.J begins to disappear into the darkness. “No, V.J! I’m sorry! I’m sorry I was hard on you! Don’t go! Don’t go!” Victor yells. Victor reaches out, as V.J disappears into the darkness. All of a sudden, Victor begins to see himself fading into the darkness. “What…is going on?!” A frantic Victor wonders, as he is engulfed by shadow…

GOO CASTLE
*Victor wakes up on the sofa in the living room, and slowly lifts himself up. “That...it must’ve been a dream. Was the funeral a dream, too?” Victor wonders. Victor looks around, and sees that no one else is in the room. “If the funeral wasn’t a dream, people would be here. The wake was supposed to be here. I must’ve dreamed the entire thing, including the funeral.” Victor says. Ciara walks in. “Ah, Ciara, there you are! I need to ask you something.” Victor tells her. Ciara ignores Victor, not even looking at him. “Ciara? Hello? Ugh, that girl always had difficulties paying attention. She must’ve tuned me out.” Victor says. A moment later, Brady comes in, and Ciara turns towards him. “Good morning!” Ciara greets him, with a smile. “Hey sis, good morning.” Brady says. “Is anyone going to say good morning to me? You know, your father? Oh, who am I kidding, Brady is probably so drunk, he probably doesn’t even see me here. But, what’s your excuse, Ciara?!” Victor asks. “So, what are you up to, today?” Ciara asks Brady. “I have a client on trial for murder. Thankfully, they’ve agreed to plead guilty and cut a deal, so, I wont have to defend them through a long, drawn out trial.” Brady says. “DEFEND them? Your not a lawyer! You can barely spell your name!” Victor yells. “What about you? Do you got something going on, today?” Brady asks. “I’m performing a risky surgery today. The patient needs a new heart.” Ciara reveals. “Oh, that’s sad. But, if anyone can help that patient, its you. You’re the best doctor I know.” Brady says. “Well, I wouldn’t even be a doctor if it weren’t for Mom. She was the one who paid for my medschool.” Ciara says. “Med school? YOU DIDN’T EVEN GO TO COLLEGE! HOW DID YOU GO TO MED SCHOOL?!” Victor angrily asks. As soon as Victor finishes yelling, Jane walks in! “Good morning to my beautiful children!” Jane announces. “Oh, what fresh hell is this? She is supposed to be in jail for murdering Kadmos Masters!” Victor yells. Jane kisses both Brady and Ciara on the cheek, as Victor looks on in horror. “I’m actually glad that I caught the two of you before I left. I have a business meeting that I need to attend in Chicago, so I will be gone for a few days. That is alright with the two of you, right?” Jane asks. “Mom, Brady and I are adults, you don’t need to ask our permission to go off on a business trip.” Ciara says. “I know, but I just hate leaving the two of you here alone, even if you are adults. Call me overbearing, but even with the two of you being adults, I just couldn’t bear to be away from you for that long.” Jane says. “Oh please, this is total bull. She couldn’t wait to jump onto a plane heading to New York City, and ditch the kids with me!” Victor says. “Anyway, before I leave, I wanted to know if the two of you wanted me to cook breakfast. I know that you both live very busy lives, so I know that you find it difficult to find time to do that sort of thing.” Jane says. “Mom, you really don’t have to.” Brady says. “Its quite alright, honey, I insist.” Jane says. “Only time she ever said something like that was when she said “Oh Victor, I insist that YOU keep custody of the kids!” Victor says, in a mocking tone. The door to the living room opens, and someone else enters. Jane, Brady, and Ciara all turn towards the person. “Oh, good morning, V.J!” Jane says. “Or, would you rather us call you Mayor Goo?” Brady asks. “I’m still your brother, and your son, so, V.J is just fine.” V.J says. “I was going to make your siblings some breakfast, would you like some?” Jane asks. “Of course, thank you.” V.J says. “Will Serena be joining us?” Jane asks. “No, she has a doctor’s appointment for the baby. Now that she is in her third trimester, they are paying really close attention to that kid.” V.J says. “Do you know whether it is a boy or a girl yet?” Ciara asks. “Serena and I want to be surprised.” V.J says. “That’s lovely. Well, I am going to go and prepare breakfast. Brady? Ciara? Will you give me a hand?” Jane asks. “Of course, Mom.” Ciara says. She and Brady follow Jane out of the room. Once they are gone, V.J turns towards Victor. “What kind of game are you trying to play here? Are you even my son? Or some evil spirit pretending to be him?” Victor asks. V.J steps aside, and Victor notices an urn placed on top of the fireplace mantle. Victor cautiously approaches the fireplace. “What’s this? It cant be you, you didn’t want to be cremated.” Victor says. “No, but you want to be cremated.” V.J says. Victor turns towards V.J, with a horrified expression on his face. “Are you saying that the person in that urn...” Victor begins to say. “Its you, Dad.” V.J says. “How? How is this possible?” Victor asks. “In this universe, you were diagnosed with a terminal disease when Brady, Ciara, and me were all still kids. You died shortly after. We grieved for a little while, but life goes on.” V.J says. “What point are you trying to make by showing me all of this?!” Victor asks. “Did you see Mom in this vision, Dad? Did you see how happy she was? How kind and loving she was?” V.J asks. “She seemed…different. Definitely.” Victor says. “Did you recognize her? You should. That kind and loving woman was the same woman you met all of those years ago. Jane was your polar opposite, until you corrupted her, just like you corrupted all of us.” V.J says. “What are you talking about?” Victor asks. “Did you notice Brady and Ciara? Ciara is a successful doctor, just like she wanted to be when she was a kid. Brady is a successful lawyer, just like he wanted to be when he was a kid.” V.J says. “And you were the mayor, just like you wanted to be when you were a kid...” Victor says. “You’re catching on.” V.J notes. “I didn’t do anything to stand in the way of your dreams, if that is what you are suggesting!” Victor says. “Really? You don’t remember telling me that becoming the mayor was a pipe dream, and that I wasn’t right for the job? I remember. It stuck with me for all of these years, the pain of being told by your own father that you cant do something is horrible. But I’m sure Brady and Ciara felt it worse. You belittled them more than anyone, and what ended up happening? They both grew up into criminals. Sure, they turned their lives around in the end, but no thanks to you! And as for Mom? She was one of the kindest people on the planet, practically a saint, at least she was before she met you. You hardened her, your anger and your hatred made her want to run away, and worst of all, it made her angry on the inside, too, just like you. You caused all of this, Dad.” V.J says. “I...I never meant to.” Victor says. “Really? The insults were all an accident?” V.J asks. “I don’t know if I ever told you this, but when I was a kid I was forced to go to boarding school, and be stuck around a bunch of preppy and snobby kids who judged everything that anyone ever did! I had to adapt, son. I became like them, and that personality stuck when I went back home!” Victor yells. “You could change.” V.J says. “No, no, I cant. Its who I am.” Victor argues. “Let me ask you a question, when you die, how many people do you think are going to actually miss you? Ciara, Sabrina, maybe Brady.” V.J says. “Of course Brady would miss me, I’m his father!” Victor says. “Brady is suffering from an addiction, Dad, and instead of trying to help him, you are constantly making rude and insensitive remarks towards him about it. He is suffering, he lost his wife, the woman he loves! He needs help!” V.J says. “You are getting off topic.” Victor says. “Sorry, you’re right. My point is, is that when you die, two people, three at most, are going to miss you. That’s assuming you don’t alienate Sabrina or Ciara before then, which wouldn’t really surprise me. But, think about it, Dad. If only two people miss you when you are gone, what kind of an impact have you really made on this planet? Do you really want to leave such a negative legacy, or do you want to turn it around and finally be the man you wanted to be when you were a kid?” V.J asks. “How do you know about the kind of man I wanted to be when I was a kid?” Victor asks. “Don’t stall, Dad. When you were a kid, you wanted to be kind to people, you wanted to be the kind of man who would return a wallet full of money if you found it on the ground, you wanted to make a positive difference in this world! Don’t you think that in these divisive times, doing that is more important now more than ever? Don’t you think now is the time for you to finally lay that boarding school personality of yours to rest, and be the person you used to be?” V.J asks. Tears begin to form in Victor’s eyes. “I just want to be a man that my children can be proud of, one that they’ll want to brag to their children about. I just don’t know how to come back from being the man that I have been for the past fifty years.” Victor reveals. V.J places a hand on Victor’s shoulder. “Be that man. Its time for you to not be afraid of change, Dad. Embrace it, turn your life around, and be the Victor Goo that is hidden deep inside your soul. He is still there, I can see it in your eyes. That’s why I’m here. I’m here to unlock the cage and let him out. You just need to make sure he stays out.” V.J says. “How do I do that?” Victor asks. “Make amends. Tell people that you are sorry for the things you’ve said and done, but only do it if you really mean it.” V.J says. Victor nods. “I understand...” Victor quietly mutters.

CHURCH
*Victor and V.J are now once again standing face to face in the church, as light begins to return. “What was all of that?” Victor asks. “My intervention. I think its safe to say that it worked.” V.J says. Victor nods. “I have to go now, Dad. Just know that I will always be with you, no matter what, and I will be watching to make sure that you don’t back out of this. This is your chance for a new beginning. Don’t take it for granted. The time to make us all proud is now, Dad, and if anyone can do it, you can. I love you.” V.J says. “I love you, too, son.” Victor says. V.J’s spirit fades away, leaving Victor standing in the middle of the church, alone…

NOTE: Today is the last appearance of V.J Goo

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum