QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#560 QG 10-11-17

Go down

#560 QG 10-11-17 Empty #560 QG 10-11-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:39 pm

CHURCH
*Rebecca is sitting in the front row of the empty church, praying. A moment later, she hears footsteps. She turns around, and sees Andy, Lydia, Brad, and Serena. “Oh, hi everyone.” Rebecca says. “Hey.” Andy says. Rebecca stands up, and walks over to them. “Serena, I want you to know how sorry I am about what happened to V.J. I never should’ve sent him off on that mission. I wouldn’t blame you if you hated me for it.” Rebecca says. Serena shakes her head. “I don’t blame you for what happened. The only person to blame is the dirt bag drug dealer who pulled that trigger.” Serena says. Serena sees a big picture of V.J sitting next to the coffin. “Who picked out the picture?” Serena asks. “Uncle Victor did. He said it was his favorite picture of V.J.” Brad says. “Mine too.” Serena says, attempting to hold back tears. Lucas walks in, and approaches Lydia. “Hey, I hope I’m not too late.” Lucas says. “No, the funeral hasn’t started yet.” Lydia says. Lucas’ eyes dart over to Serena, and after much internal debate, he walks over to her. “Serena, uh...I just want you to know how...how sorry I am for your loss.” Lucas says. Serena nods. “Thank you.” She whispers, after a brief moment of silence. “I know that you aren’t exactly a huge fan of me, but I just want you to know that if you need anything, anything at all, don’t be afraid to ask. Technically, you and I are family, so, I’ll do anything I can to help you out.” Lucas says. “Why don’t we go find our seats?” Lydia asks Lucas. “Sure.” Lucas says, before following Lydia to a seat. Once seated, Lucas leans over to Lydia. “How is she handling all of this?” Lucas asks. “Not good. When I went to see her, she was cuddling V.J’s shirt and crying in bed. She tried to cover it up at first, but I knew right away. I’ve been in her shoes before.” Lydia says. “Why would she want to cover her grief?” Lucas asks. “Because, she doesn’t want people to think she is weak. What she doesn’t seem to realize, is that no one is going to think that of her. Everyone with an ounce of decency knows that she has every right to cry and be upset over what happened to V.J.” Lydia says. “I cant say I’m surprised. Trying to remain strong is a trait that you and your sister share.” Lucas says. “Yeah...I don’t mean to change the subject, but there is someone else who is probably really broken up about this.” Lydia says. “Brady.” Lucas notes. “He just lost Kristina, Lucas. Losing his brother on top of that has to be killing him.” Lydia says. “And to make matters worse, I hear that he has become dependent on alcohol.” Lucas reveals. “I cant say I’m surprised. Losing the person you love is really painful, and it can lead you to do some pretty self destructive things. Personally, I never made any real self destructive choices when I was grieving for Dylan, but, I can understand why someone else in that position would.” Lydia says. “Yeah, well, I just hope someone gets him the help he needs before it is too late.” Lucas says.

*In the church foyer, Brady pulls a small bottle of booze out of his jacket pocket. As he goes to drink it, he hears the front door opening. He quickly hides it, as Ciara and Sabrina come in. “Brady, hey.” Ciara says. Brady turns towards Ciara. “Hey sis, how are ya doing?” Brady asks. “I’ve had better days. I just wish none of this was happening.” Ciara says. “Yeah, same here.” Brady says. “And to make matters worse, the second this funeral is over, I have to fly to D.C to meet with my boss at the agency.” Ciara says. “Why?” Brady asks. “I don’t know. Some sort of new mission he has for me. Apparently, its so important that I need to go right from my brother’s funeral to the airport.” Ciara notes. “I’m sorry, sis.” Brady says. “Me too.” Ciara says. “We should go in and find some seats.” Sabrina says. “You’re right.” Ciara says. “It was nice seeing you, Uncle Brady.” Sabrina says. “It was nice seeing you, too.” Brady says. Ciara and Sabrina exit the room. A moment later, Victor comes in through the front door, and approaches Brady. “Please tell me you had the decency to come to your brother’s funeral sober.” Victor says. “I haven’t touched a drink today.” Brady says. “And you better keep it that way. Do you really think it is a good way to honor your brother by getting plastered all of the time?” Victor asks. “I’m going inside.” Brady says, before walking away from Victor, and exiting the room. Victor sighs.

*Inside, Alexios and Bethany are sitting in one of the rows, when Alexios sees Serena. “I’m gonna go check in with Serena, I’ll be right back.” Alexios says. Bethany nods. Alexios stands up, and walks over to Serena. “Hey. I’ve never gotten the chance to tell you how sorry I am.” Alexios says. “Thanks. I kinda wish you never got the chance, though. I’m so sick of hearing it, no offense.” Serena says. “I completely get it. I know that if I were in your position, I’d get tired of hearing people say the same thing to me over and over again.” Alexios says. “Especially when its pity.” Serena says. “Pity sucks. But, look at the bright side. Once the funeral is over, everyone who knows you would’ve probably already told you how sorry they are, which means you wont have to hear it again.” Alexios says. “God, I hope so.” Serena says. “So, how are you doing? Be honest.” Alexios says. “I’m just trying to keep my head above the water, but it isn’t getting any easier.” Serena says. Alexios nods. “Look, I’m not gonna go for the old cliché and tell you that it gets better, because I’ve never been in your shoes before so I don’t know if it does. But, what I can tell you is that you are extremely lucky to have all of these people supporting you, and wanting to help you get through this. These people includes me, by the way.” Alexios notes. “I know it does, and I’m happy to have you in my corner.” Serena says. “I’m happy to be there.” Alexios says. He and Serena hug, and Bethany notices. Alexios kisses Serena on the cheek. “Stay strong.” Alexios tells her. “I’ll try. Thanks.” Serena says. Alexios smiles at her, before returning to his seat. “So, how is Serena doing?” Bethany asks. “She’s struggling, I can tell.” Alexios says.

*”So, is Clara coming?” Rebecca asks. “Actually, she just texted me. She said that she decided to stay home, because she figured that Vic wouldn’t want her here.” Andy says. “I should’ve followed her example, I doubt Victor wants me here, either.” Rebecca notes. “I know Victor blames you for V.J’s death, but V.J was your friend, you have every right to be here.” Andy notes. Victor walks in. “That’s where you are wrong.” Victor says. “Victor...” Rebecca says. “You have some nerve, coming to my son’s funeral, like you care about what happened to him.” Victor says. “I do care.” Rebecca says. “Look Uncle Vic, now isn’t the time to get into it.” Andy says. “She is at the funeral of the man she murdered, NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME!” Victor yells. Ciara rushes to Andy and Rebecca’s side. “Dad, do not do anything that you might regret. V.J would want Rebecca here.” Ciara notes. “Its a shame we cant ask V.J, because he is DEAD! Dead because Rebecca sent him out on an assignment on his wedding day!” Victor yells. “She never meant for V.J to die...” Ciara says. “Don’t give me that! She knew exactly what kind of danger my son was getting into, but she didn’t care! So yeah, I have a bit of a problem with her being here!” Victor yells. “Maybe I should go.” Rebecca says. “No, you’re not going anywhere. My father is just gonna have to learn to live with the fact that you are here, and not going anywhere.” Ciara says. “That’s not gonna happen.” Victor says. “Watch it. Come on, lets go find you a seat.” Ciara says. Ciara goes to grab Victor’s arm, but he pulls it away. “No, I’m not finished.” Victor says. “Dad, you are making a mistake. Don’t do this.” Ciara says. “I want you out of this church.” Victor tells Rebecca. “No.” Rebecca says. “No? He was my son!” Victor yells. “And he was my friend! I’m not going to let you bully me into leaving, the same way you bully everyone else! I am staying right here! I’m sorry if you don’t like it, but that is just too bad!” Rebecca says. Victor points at Rebecca. “I am only going to say this one more time before I forcefully remove you. Get out of my son’s funeral, NOW!” Victor yells. “Don’t you lay one finger on her.” Andy warns Victor. “Or what? What are you going to do to me? There isn’t much more you could do that could possibly make me hurt anymore than I am hurting now.” Victor says. Victor goes to grab Rebecca, but Ciara pushes him away. “Okay, THAT’S IT! YOU NEED TO LEAVE!” Ciara yells. “Excuse me?!” An upset Victor asks. “I really don’t want to do this. I know that you are hurting, and that you are in a lot of pain, and that you are lashing out, but this time you have gone TOO far! Threatening bodily harm to Rebecca? My god, Dad, do you really think that is appropriate in a church? At your son’s funeral?” Ciara asks. “I am protecting my son’s memory from HER!” Victor yells. “What you are doing is making a big fool out of yourself! V.J is probably rolling over in his grave right now, watching the behavior coming from you!” Ciara says. “How could you say such a thing?” Victor asks. “I’m not going to try and sugarcoat things for you, Dad, so don’t expect me to. You obviously aren’t going to behave yourself, so you need to leave.” Ciara says. “This is my son’s funeral! I CANT leave! I wont!” Victor yells. “You should’ve thought about that before you came in here, hurling vicious remarks at Rebecca!” Ciara yells. “You can tell me to leave all you want, Ciara, but I wont! This is my son’s funeral, and I dont plan on missing it!” Victor yells. Ciara sighs. “I could use some help.” Ciara says. Lucas walks over, and joins them. He and Andy both grab Victor. “Get him outside the church, and make sure he doesn’t come back in.” Ciara says. “You can’t be serious.” Victor says. “I’m sorry, Dad, but you need to realize that your actions and your words have consequences. I’ve turned a blind eye to your horrible behavior before, but I wont do it again. Maybe missing your son’s funeral will teach you a lesson.” Ciara says. “I cant believe you would do this to me, your own father!” Victor yells. “Get him out of here.” Ciara orders. Andy and Lucas drag Victor out, who is protesting the entire time. “Thank you for defending me, but did you really need to have Victor tossed out? This is his son’s funeral, Ciara.” Rebecca says. “Its cruel, I know. But...Victor needs to stop acting like he is some sort of god, and everyone else is here to be his punching bags. Deep down, I think I did the right thing by having him thrown out.” Ciara says.

*Outside the church, Lucas and Andy bring Victor out the front door, and let him go. “This is RIDICULOUS!” Victor yells. “After the way you were acting in there, not really. The things you said to Rebecca were uncalled for.” Lucas notes. “She is the reason V.J is dead! I’m not gonna be kept away from my son’s funeral because I am upset with his killer!” Victor yells. “You can go back in if you want, Vic, but if you do, I’ll have you arrested for disturbing the peace. That way, not only will you miss the funeral, you’ll spend time in a jail cell.” Andy says. “How dare you choose that harpy over your own family! Your mother would be ashamed!” Victor yells. “That “Harpy” happens to be my wife, and the love of my life. And the only person my mother would be ashamed of is you, Victor! She would be disgusted if she saw how you talked to Rebecca today! You should be disgusted!” Andy yells. “I was being loyal to my son.” Victor argues. “Just remember what we said. Don’t come back in the church until everyone is gone, unless you wanna spend the day in jail.” Lucas says, before he and Andy walk back in. Victor sighs.

*In the foyer, Tina walks over to Katie. “Uh, excuse me, do you happen to know where the guest book is?” Tina asks. “Yeah. Its right in front of the door leading into the other room.” Katie says. “Thank you.” Tina says. “So, were you a friend of V.J’s?” Katie asks. “In a matter of speaking. He was actually my brother.” Tina reveals. “Ah, you must be Tina Gomez. I’ve heard all about you.” Katie says. “Who are you?” Tina asks. “Katie Goo. Its a pleasure to meet you. We’re cousins, in case you didn’t know.” Katie says. “Its nice to meet you, as well.” Tina says.

*Back inside, Father Jackson walks up to the alter. “Hello, everyone. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Father Jackson, and I will be performing the ceremony, today. Before we begin, let me clarify that V.J Goo and I were not particularly close. Yes, we knew each other, but we weren’t friends. However, V.J did request that I preside over his wedding, which I was more than honored to do. Imagine how heartbroken I was when I heard that there wasn’t going to be a wedding. Anyway, from all accounts I have heard, V.J Goo was a good man, he was a family man, and he lived life to his fullest. And, I think that it is safe to say that we can all take comfort in knowing that V.J died a hero. He risked his life in an attempt to bring down the drug trade in this city, and although he gave his life in the process, his efforts paid off, and those who were trafficking drugs are no longer doing so in this city. That is the kind of legacy that V.J left, a legacy that not many would be able to leave. He was a remarkable man, one of a kind. Moving on...those close to V.J would like to stand up and speak on his behalf, starting with his sister, Ciara.” Jackson says.

Camera Fades...

*Ciara is now standing up at the alter, in front of everyone. “Those of you who know me well know that I wasn’t always the perfect woman you see in front of you.” Ciara says. The attendees can be heard laughing. “There was a dark time in my past, where I did some pretty nasty things, and those nasty things were the reason that my family and I didn’t get along for a long time. That included V.J. It turns my stomach to think of all of the time that I wasted with him, while I was off committing crimes and throwing away my life. He was such a good man, one of the bests that I’ve ever known, and it kills me to think that I am never going to see him again. But, my hope is that one day, hopefully not in the near future, I will see him again. As a lot of you probably know, the Goo family is catholic, so we believe that there is a god, that there is a heaven, and a hell. I have no doubt that V.J is in heaven, and I really hope that when my time comes, and my life is flashed before my eyes, that the good outweighs the bad and I am able to be reunited with my brother.” Ciara says. Ciara turns towards V.J’s picture. “In fact, I’m gonna make you a promise, V.J. I am going to do everything possible to live up to your expectations, and be the person you knew I could be. That way, one day when my time is up, I might be able to see you again. I love you, V.J. I always have, and I always will.” Ciara says.

Camera Fades...

*Brad is now standing on the alter. “You guys are probably wondering what I am doing up here. I’m not V.J’s son, or his brother, or his nephew, or anything like that. I’m just a distant cousin. I get why you all think that, but that isn’t what my relationship with V.J was like. My Dad died almost two years ago, and V.J really stepped in for him. He did everything with me that any father would do with his son, and I really appreciated it. He treated me and my brother like we were his own kids, which is surprising since he didn’t have any kids of his own. He was a really great guy, and I’m really gonna miss him.” Brad says.

Camera Fades...

*”Serena, you are next.” Jackson says. Serena’s hands can be seen trembling. Lydia places her hand on Serena’s shoulder. “Its okay, you can do this.” Lydia tells her. Serena takes a deep breath, and then stands up. On her way to the alter, she finds herself overcome with nervousness, and sadness at the same time. Serena reaches the alter, and turns towards the people in attendance. “I...I didn’t prepare a speech. To be honest, I didn’t even know if I was going to come for a while there. There was a voice in my head that kept telling me that coming to the funeral would only bring up some dark feelings, and the voice was right. But, I needed to come, because if I didn’t, I don’t think I’d ever be able to move on. Everyone in here knows that V.J was the great love of my life. Even when we weren’t together, I never stopped loving him. That’s how strong our connection was. I remember when we first met. It was right after I came to town, V.J came up to me in the park, and he started hitting on me with these cheesy jokes. He was really persistent, but at the time, I kept telling him and myself that he wasn’t my type, and that we didn’t have a future. I was right about one of those two things. He wasn’t my type, he still isn’t, but we had a great future together. Its weird how much stock people put into types, like I did, because some of the greatest romances in life come from couples who are complete opposites in every way. But, at the time, I didn’t think that way. I was more interested in being with someone who had the image of a sexy bad boy. That was my type, and I didn’t have any plans on going outside my type. Well, obviously, plans change, because three years later, V.J and I were about to get married. V.J, the man I called Junior as an insult and didn’t think much of when we first met. He was the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I don’t think that that is ever going to change. I’m really devastated that he was taken so soon, but, at the same time, I am just happy that I had the chance to get to know him at all. He lightened up my life in a way I never thought possible, he changed me, and I will forever be grateful to him for that, as well as for loving me.” Serena says, before making her way back to her seat.

Camera Fades...

*”And that includes our service. Gentlemen, if you would, please assist me in bringing the coffin to the hearse.” Jackson says. Brad, Alexios, Andy, Lucas, and Brady all stand up, and walk over to the coffin. They, and Father Jackson carry the coffin down the aisle, as Bethany, Katie, Tina, Sabrina, Ciara, Rebecca, Lydia, and Serena watch. Serena breaks down in tears, as Lydia holds her.

Camera Fades...

*The church is now empty. Victor walks in, and looks around. “Hello! Is anyone here?” Victor asks. No one responds. “Thank god. Maybe now I can have a moment with my son in peace, without his murderer or any of her enablers showing up.” Victor says. Victor walks to the front row, and sits down. He closes his eyes, and participates in a moment of silence. Soon after, footsteps can be heard coming up the aisle. Victor sighs, and opens his eyes. “I am in the middle of mourning the death of my son! Get lost!” Victor orders. The footsteps continue, and grow louder, as they quickly approach Victor. Victor stands up, and turns to see who the person is. “Oh for goodness sake, get-” Before Victor can finish, he sees the person who was coming up the aisle. “V.J, is that really you?” Victor asks. “Hey Dad, expecting someone else?” V.J asks!

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum