QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#559 QG 10-10-17

Go down

#559 QG 10-10-17 Empty #559 QG 10-10-17

Post by QG Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:37 pm

THE COFFEE BEAN
*Bethany walks over to the waitress at the counter. “Hey Trista.” Bethany says. “Bethany! Hello! Its been a while! How have you been? What have you been up to since leaving your job here?” Trista asks. “You know, Trista, you really don’t have to sugarcoat it. You can come right out and say it. I was fired.” Bethany notes. “I didn’t want to bring up any sore subjects for you. So, how are you doing?” Trista asks. “I’m doing fine. I have a new boyfriend, I have a job that I love. Life is great.” Bethany says. “I’m glad to hear it. I’m also surprised to hear you being so positive. You were such a pessimist when you worked here.” Trista notes. “Yeah, well, you know, people change. It happens.” Bethany says. “I’m glad you are enjoying life more.” Trista says. Bethany notices Kaylie come in, and watches her eyes follow her as Kaylie goes and sits at a nearby table, not noticing Bethany. “Listen, it was nice chatting with you, but I just saw a friend come in. Can you just get me an iced mocha latte and let me know when its ready?” Bethany asks. “Sure thing. And this one is on the house.” Trista says. “Trista, no.” Bethany says. “Trista yes. Look Beth, after everything you’ve been through, you deserve a free latte, or two, or ten thousand.” Trista says. “Thanks Trista! I owe you.” Bethany says, before walking away. Bethany approaches Kaylie. “Hi.” Bethany says. Kaylie looks up at Bethany. “I didn’t see you come in.” Kaylie notes. “I was over at the register, talking to the waitress. I used to work here, so she and I were coworkers.” Bethany says. “You go from barista to bakery owner. Nice job.” Kaylie dryly praises. “Uh, thanks. Is something wrong?” Bethany asks. “There wont be once you leave the table.” Kaylie notes, without making eye contact. “Oh, I see, you are in one of your little moods again. I remember you used to always get into one of those back when-” Bethany says, before Kaylie interrupts. “Back when what? Back when we were, you know, being friends? Doing friend stuff? You know, NOT dating?” Kaylie angrily asks. “Oh, I see. You are still mad about me not telling Alexios that we were together.” Bethany says. “I’m not mad! I’m hurt, hurt that our history means so little to you that you cant even be bothered to tell your boyfriend about it.” Kaylie says. “It wasn’t that it didn’t mean anything to me...its just…why am I explaining this to you again? I already told you why I didn’t tell Alexios the truth!” Bethany argues. “Actually, no, you didn’t! You just denied that it was because you were ashamed of our relationship!” Kaylie notes. “And that is the truth! Believe it or not, Kay, you and I aren’t the only people who know we were together. I told my nephew that I was with a woman, back in high school. So, it isn’t like I’m trying to keep it a secret.” Bethany notes. “I didn’t know you had a sibling. Did you know back when we were together? Or were you hiding your personal relationships from me, too?” Kaylie asks. “No, Kay, I had no idea I had a brother back when we were together. My whole reason for coming to Fantastic was so that I could get to know his son. Unfortunately, my brother, Peter, died before I found out he existed.” Bethany reveals. “I’m sorry to hear that.” Kaylie says. “Thanks.” Bethany says. “Anyway, I’m sure you have somewhere you need to be. Baking some cookies or something.” Kaylie notes. Bethany sits across from Kaylie. “No, I’m not going anywhere until I make things right between us.” Bethany says. “Why would you care about that? We haven’t talked to each other in years.” Kaylie notes. “Well...I’d like us to be friends, if that is alright.” Bethany says. “Friends don’t keep secrets from each other. Not real friends, anyways.” Kaylie tells her. Bethany sighs. “Alright, fine. The reason I didn’t tell Alexios about our history is because I’m worried that he might feel threatened...by my relationship with you.” Bethany says!

KING BEAST PLAZA, COMMON AREA
*Sabrina is sitting at a table, on the phone. “Hey Janelle. Listen, I need you to clear my schedule for the day. I have a funeral that I need to attend...my uncle...thanks. So, I hope you understand why it is important that I don’t have any clients expecting me, today. If I have any trials or arraignments scheduled, just contact a substitute…Thanks, Janelle, I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” Sabrina says, before hanging up. Andre walks over to Sabrina’s table. “Two days in a row! How lucky am I?” Andre asks. “Two days in a row of seeing you. How UNLUCKY am I?” Sabrina asks. “I’m happy I ran into you. I wanted to offer you my sincerest condolences. I heard about V.J. I know that you considered the man to be your uncle, which is why I am very sorry for your loss.” Andre says. “How dare you.” Sabrina says. “Pardon?” Andre asks. “Come over to me, and pull the adoption card when I am mourning the loss of my uncle. V.J is dead, and you unsurprisingly take the opportunity to remind me that he wasn’t my biological uncle!” Sabrina yells. “That wasn’t my intention at all!” Andre assures her. “Well let me take the opportunity to remind you of this. I don’t consider you to be my father, I consider Dylan to be my real father, and Ciara to be my real mother. So why don’t you take your fake sympathy and GET LOST because I don’t want to even look at you, let alone talk to you!” Sabrina yells.

LUCAS' LAKE HOUSE
*Lucas picks up a note that has been left on the coffee table. “Went to the Goo castle to make sure that Serena gets ready for the funeral. Will meet you there. Love, Lydia.” Lucas reads. Lucas puts the note down, right before someone knocks on the door. Lucas walks over to the door, and opens it, finding Katie standing on his front porch! “Its about time you came back.” Lucas says. “Sorry, I’ve been meaning to come back sooner. Well, in any case, its nice to see you not dead.” Katie notes. “Thanks. Its good to be back. Come in.” Lucas tells her. Katie walks in. “Just to be clear, although I am intrigued by that phone call from you a few weeks ago, stating that you had an offer for me that I couldn’t refuse, I came back solely for V.J’s funeral.” Katie notes. “Of course. What happened to V.J was a real tragedy, huh?” Lucas says. “Yeah...how is Serena dealing with all of this?” Katie asks. “I don’t know. I haven’t really spoken to her. Serena and I aren’t particularly close.” Lucas says. “She still doesn’t think you are good enough for her sister, huh?” Katie asks. “Nope.” Lucas says. “God, I can’t imagine what that poor woman must be going through, especially after everything she and V.J went through to get together. I mean, they were soulmates! No matter what happened, they always found their way back to each other. But now...they cant.” Katie says. “I know, its really heartbreaking. Lydia is really worried about Serena, she’s afraid that she could end up going on some downward spiral.” Lucas says. “I don’t blame her, especially after what has been happening with Brady since Kristina died.” Katie notes. “Lydia isn’t worried about Serena turning to alcohol. Its her inner darkness that worries Lydia. Serena is a Masters, and as everyone knows, they have a reputation for being pretty ruthless and deadly, and I could understand if V.J being murdered would bring that side of Serena out. It happened to Lydia after Dylan died. She was so determined to find out who had killed him.” Lucas says. “Well, we already know that Serena has a darkside, from when she kept Brad from Peter. Sure, she was protecting Brad from Peter’s dangerous lifestyle, but still.” Katie says. “I just hope she is going to be okay...so, why did you stop by here instead of the Goo castle? Did you miss me that much?” Lucas jokingly asks. Katie chuckles. “Not nearly that much. No, I came here because my sense of curiosity became too much, and I wanted to know what kind of offer you had for me.” Katie says. “You sure you don’t want to wait on that?” Lucas asks. “Lucas, I’ve waited long enough. Just tell me.” Katie says. “Alright. I’d like to offer you a job.” Lucas reveals!

GOO CASTLE
*Lydia, Andy, and Brad are in the living room. “Mom still hasn’t come downstairs yet.” Brad says. “Do you know if she is alright?” Andy asks. “I went to knock on her door, but right before I did, I heard her crying. That’s probably why she hasn’t come out. She’s probably been like that all morning.” Brad notes. “I know that feeling. Its hard to lose the person you love more than anything in the world, and once you do, the last thing you want is to go out and face all of those people who are going to be giving you pitiful glances. Not only that, but she is probably still trying to come to terms with the situation.” Lydia notes. “I know what she is going through. The same thing happened to me with Joel.” Brad notes. “So you understand why she might not want to come out of her room.” Lydia says. “Yeah, totally. But the funeral starts soon, and we need to make sure that she is ready. She has to go!” Brad says. “Technically, she doesn’t have to. Sure, it would be nice if she did, but I could understand it if Serena didn’t want to. It would mean that she would need to face the reality of what is going on. She would have to look at all of those people in the church, and remember that the reason they are there is because her fiance is dead, and they are mourning him.” Andy notes. “Well, when you put it like that...” Brad says. “I still think we need to try and get her out of her room.” Lydia says. “Do you think we should go upstairs and try and talk to her?” Andy asks. “Um, you two stay down here for now. I’m going to go and talk to my sister alone. I think I would have better results that way.” Lydia says. “Alright, good luck.” Andy says. “Thanks.” Lydia says, before walking out.

SERENA'S BEDROOM, GOO CASTLE
*Serena is curled up in bed, crying, while hugging one of V.J’s shirts. Someone knocks on the door, but Serena doesn’t say anything. “Serena, its Lydia! I know you are in there! Can you please open the door?” Lydia asks. Serena sniffles. “Just a minute!” Serena calls out. Serena takes a tissue, and wipes away her remaining tears. She then places the box of tissues and V.J’s shirt on the floor next to the bed, where Lydia won’t be able to see them. Serena then stands up, and opens the door for Lydia. “Hi sis, good morning.” Serena says. “Morning. May I come in?” Lydia asks. “Um, actually, I’m feeling kind of tired. I was hoping that I could sleep a little more.” Serena says. “I don’t think that is such a good idea.” Lydia says. “Why not?” Serena asks. “V.J’s funeral is in a few hours. I figured you would be going.” Lydia notes. “I...I don’t know if I’ll be up for it. You know, the sad atmosphere and all that. Besides, I...I don’t even think I have a dress.” Serena says. “That’s a lie if I’ve ever heard one. You have one of the biggest wardrobes of any woman I’ve ever met in my entire life. You have so many shoes, you probably have one for each day of the year! I’m sure you have a black dress.” Lydia says. “Even if I do, I really don’t feel like checking.” Serena says. Lydia nods. “Okay, I’ll check.” Lydia says. “No, really, you don’t...you don’t have to.” Serena says. Lydia walks to the other side of the room, and then notices the box of tissues and V.J’s shirt on the floor next to the bed. Lydia kneels down, and picks up the shirt. “Is this why it took you so long to open the door?” Lydia asks. Serena doesn’t respond. Lydia places the shirt on the bed, and then picks up a box of tissues. “At least you have a good brand of tissues, one that won’t make your nose red.” Lydia notes. “What do you want from me?” Serena asks. “What do I want? For starters, I want you to feel comfortable enough to talk to me, and to cry around me and everyone else who cares about you. You are strong, Serena, you don’t need to convince me of that, or anyone else for that matter. And for the record, even the strongest of people cry every once in a while. Its human nature to do so when one feels the same way you do. I did when Dylan died. I cried a lot. In fact, I remember that I went into his closet, much like you did, and I took out one of his shirts and held it close to me because it had his scent on it, and it made me feel close to him even though he was no longer there.” Lydia says. Serena’s face grows increasingly upset. “I remember feeling lost, and struggling to find out how I would ever be able to live my life knowing that he is gone. Every emotion that you are feeling right now, every action that you are taking to try and comfort yourself, I’ve done it all before, which makes me the best person to confide in about how you are feeling.” Lydia says. Serena struggles to keep herself composed. “Serena, here is the thing with me. I haven’t just seen your situation from the outside, I’ve lived it. Two years ago, the devastated woman standing there WAS me. I know all about it. I know that kind of pain.” Lydia says. Serena all of a sudden starts to sob. “I cant do it. I cant do it!” Serena says. “Come here.” Lydia says. Lydia pulls Serena into a hug. “He is the love of my life! How am I supposed to live without him?” A broken Serena asks.

THE COFFEE BEAN
*”Why would your boyfriend feel threatened by the relationship you had with your ex girlfriend?” Kaylie asks. “Because, as much as I love Alexios, he’s the jealous type.” Bethany says. “You really think he would be jealous of me?” Kaylie asks. “Maybe not if I had told him the truth in the beginning, but now that I’ve lied to him about it...” Bethany says. “Who’s fault is that?” Kaylie asks. “I know, not telling Alexios was a stupid choice. Now, if he finds out that I wasn’t upfront with him right away, he is going to be upset, and he might assume that something is going on between us.” Bethany notes. “Even though you are straight?” Kaylie asks. “If he finds out that we were together once upon a time, and I didn’t tell him the moment I introduced the two of you, he is gonna think that something is going on, and the last thing I want to do is risk losing him.” Bethany says. “If Alexios is going to flip over a relationship you had with a woman from years ago, which according to you, wasn’t that big of a deal, then maybe he isn’t worth your trouble.” Kaylie says. “Why do you say that? Do you think that if I break things off with Alexios, that I am going to go falling into your arms?” Bethany asks. “There you go again, making everything about you.” Kaylie says. “This is about me.” Bethany says. “Not on my front, it isn’t. You know, I used to think that you being self centered was a cute little quirk, but after maturing, its kinda annoying.” Kaylie says. “So, this isn’t about wanting me back?” Bethany asks. “No! I’m just giving you simple advice! If your boyfriend cant accept your past, then you should find someone else, and that someone else does NOT have to be me!” Kaylie says. Bethany sighs. “I’m sorry, you’re right. That was self centered of me to think that this was about you wanting me back.” Bethany says. “Did...did you just APOLOGIZE?” Kaylie asks. “Yeah, does that surprise you?” Bethany asks. “Back when we were together, you’d rather die than mutter the S word.” Kaylie says. Bethany laughs. “I’ve matured since then, at least a little bit. Alexios helped me do that.” Bethany says. “Good for you.” Kaylie says. “Look, I meant it earlier when I said that I wasn’t embarrassed of you or our relationship. That didn’t have anything to do with me not being honest with Alexios, and everything to do with my struggle to ever tell the truth.” Bethany says. “You’ve been facing that struggle for as long as I’ve known you.” Kaylie jokes. Bethany smiles. “I’m working on it, and I think I’m getting better. I hope so, anyway. Its just that every once in a while...I take a few wrong steps.” Bethany says. “We all do every once in a while. I did by overreacting at you not telling Alexios about us.” Kaylie says. “No you didn’t.” Bethany says. “Yes, I did. Whether or not you are honest with Alexios is your business, not mine. I shouldn’t have jumped on you and started hurling accusations about why you didn’t tell him. Like I said, that’s your business, and it was wrong of me to interfere.” Kaylie says. “So, does this mean we can start over?” Bethany asks. Kaylie smiles. “Sure. Maybe we could meet up and play tennis again sometime soon.” Kaylie says. “Better hurry, its starting to get cold.” Bethany says. “That’s why they invented indoor tennis courts.” Kaylie says. “An indoor tennis court? Are you sure we are ready for that step? Since high school, we’ve been playing outside.” Bethany says. “People evolve, Bethany. Besides, I don’t think an indoor tennis court will really effect the game. I’m still gonna beat you.” Kaylie says. “Oh please. The only reason you won last time was because you took advantage of a girl who hasn’t played the game in YEARS.” Bethany says. Trista comes over to them. “Bethany, your latte is on the counter.” Trista says. “Thanks, Trista. I’ll be right over.” Bethany says. Trista smiles, before walking away. “You can always join me, if you want.” Kaylie tells her. “I would, really, but, I need to get back home and change.” Bethany says. “Change clothes? For what?” Kaylie asks. “Me and Alexios have a funeral to go to. Did you work with V.J Goo at all?” Bethany asks. “Briefly. I was there when he got shot.” Kaylie says. “What?! No way! Are you okay?” Bethany asks. “I’m fine, just a little shaken. I didn’t know V.J that well, but he seemed like a nice guy. How do you know him?” Kaylie asks. “I didn’t really know him at all. But, Alexios is friends with V.J’s fiancee, Serena Masters, so he is attending the funeral in support of her.” Bethany says. “That’s nice of him. I would go to the funeral too, you know, to show support for a fellow officer, but, I have to work today, so I cant make it.” Kaylie says. “Aw, that’s too bad. I would’ve liked to have seen you there. Well, I need to get going, for real this time. I’ll see you around.” Bethany says. “Bye.” Kaylie says. “Bye, Kay.” Bethany says, before walking away. Kaylie watches Bethany grab her latte on the counter, and walk out. Once Bethany is gone, Kaylie sighs…

KING BEAST PLAZA, COMMON AREA
*”I truly am sorry, Sabrina. It was not my intention to offend you.” Andre says. “It never is, is it?” A sarcastic Sabrina asks. “V.J meant a great deal to you, and you view him as an uncle, I respect that.” Andre says. “Don’t you get it? I don’t view him as an uncle, he WAS my uncle! It isn’t that hard to grasp!” Sabrina yells. “I see that I am only making matters worse...” Andre notes. “Gee, what gave you that idea? The freaking vein in my head getting ready to POP?!” A furious Sabrina asks. Bethany comes over to them. “Andre! What are you doing out of the house?” Bethany asks. “Now isn’t the best time to talk, Bethany.” Andre says. “No, now is the PERFECT time! Enjoy your chat, you two are made for each other!” Sabrina says, before standing up, and storming away. “Wasn’t that Ciara’s brat?” Bethany asks. “Watch your tone! That is my daughter you just called a brat!” Andre says. “You and Ciara have a kid together? Wow Andre, sounds like you, Alexios, and Dylan shared a lot more than blood.” Bethany says. “Oh for god’s sake! Ciara and I do NOT have a daughter together, you nitwit!” Andre says. “Well, I know I heard her call Ciara “Mom” at V.J and Serena’s non wedding.” Bethany says. “Ciara was the surrogate for Sabrina, who also happened to have raised her. I am Sabrina’s biological father. I assure you, there was never any romantic relationship between Ciara Goo and myself. I would never stoop that low.” Andre says. “But you still stooped low enough to have her carry your kid...” Bethany notes. Andre rolls his eyes. “I did NOT choose Ciara to carry Sabrina, that was my Uncle, Lawrence Stanpatos!” Andre says. “Okay, whatever. Sorry I asked. I would ask for the full story, too, but, I really gotta get home and change into funeral clothing. See you at home. Maybe you can bring your baby mama, Ciara, over for dinner tonight.” Bethany jokes. “Just be gone...” Andre says. Bethany laughs, before walking away.

LUCAS' LAKE HOUSE
*”Sorry Lucas, but I’m no mob enforcer.” Katie says. Lucas chuckles. “You know I’m not in that business anymore.” Lucas says. “I know that’s what you’ve been telling people, but, you’ve said that you were out of the business before.” Katie notes. “Its true this time. I deserve a better life than that, and most importantly, so does Lydia.” Lucas says. “Lydia must really make you happy for you to be jumping through such large hoops in order to please her.” Katie notes. “She makes me the happiest man on the planet. I’ve never loved someone the way I love her, no offense.” Lucas says. Katie laughs. “Don’t worry about it. I’ve been over you for years. So, about that job offer...” Katie says. “Of course. So, as you know, I recently purchased Justin Shaw Media, which was auctioned off by the government after Jack Fulton’s death. Given your experience with reporting, I thought you would be the perfect person for the job. Now, given that you are happy with your reporting job in Seattle, I’ve decided to give you an even better offer.” Lucas says. “What is it?” Katie asks. “In order to boost ratings, I have decided to launch a new talk show, which discusses local news, pertaining to Fantastic City. I thought that with your experience in reporting, you would be able to act as both investigator for the topics we have on the show, and act as the host.” Lucas says. “Wait, seriously? You want me to host a talk show? You aren’t afraid I’ll bore the audience to death?” Katie asks. Lucas chuckles. “I can pretty much promise that you won’t bore them. Look, the conception of the talk show came before I even considered giving you a job. So, when pondering who I would bring on as host of the show, you naturally crossed my mind, given your onscreen charisma. I’ve seen you on the news in Seattle before, and you have been doing a great job, and from what I’ve seen online, the viewers seem to love you. The only thing is, you would need to move back to Fantastic City for the job.” Lucas says. “I’m in.” Katie says. “Really? Are you sure? You don’t want to discuss it with Emilio first?” Lucas asks. “There isn’t anything to discuss. Emilio and I broke up.” Katie says. “What?! Why?” Lucas asks. “Well, um...you see...it was just irreconcilable differences.” Katie says. “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. I thought the two of you were pretty good together.” Lucas says. Katie ignores the statement Lucas just made. “Well, you won’t need to worry about me moving all of my stuff here from Seattle, because I already moved back, before I even knew you were gonna offer me the job.” Katie says. “How come?” Lucas asks. “I was in need of a fresh start.” Katie says. “Well, for what its worth, I’m happy that start is here. You are going to be a great addition to the Justin Shaw Media team.” Lucas says. “Here’s hoping.” Katie says.

SERENA'S BEDROOM, GOO CASTLE
*Lydia and Serena are now both sitting at the edge of the bed. “Do you feel any better now that you’ve cried it all out?” Lydia asks. “I could cry for 24 hours straight and I wouldn’t feel any better. The tears are caused by the pain and loss in my heart and that isn’t going away.” Serena notes. “I know it might feel that way now, but eventually, you’ll start to feel better. Its going to take time, and healing, lots and lots of healing, but you’ll get there, I’m sure of it.” Lydia says. “How?” Serena asks. “You’ll have me to support you, and your sons, and your friends. We are all there for you.” Lydia says. Someone knocks on the door. “Come in.” Serena says. Andy and Brad come in. “Hey, you accepting anymore visitors?” Andy asks. “Hey guys, what’s up?” Serena asks. “We wanted to check on you, and make sure you are alright.” Brad says. “She’s not alright. Not at all.” Lydia says. “Lydia!” Serena scolds. “Mom, its alright. I already know that you are in a bad place. I came to your room earlier, too, but I didn’t come in because I heard you crying.” Brad says. “You...you did?” Serena asks. Brad nods. “He didn’t want to bother you because he knew you were in a bad place.” Andy says. “Oh Brad, it doesn’t matter how upset I am, seeing you always makes me happy.” Serena says. “You don’t look happy.” Brad says. “That doesn’t have anything to do with you. You and your brother are the only two bright spots in my life, and I wouldn’t trade either of you for the world.” Serena says. “Serena, I know this probably isn’t a good time to bring it up, but, are you planning on going to V.J’s funeral? I would understand if you didn’t want to, but, I just think it would be nice...” Andy says. Serena sighs. “I don’t want to, because I know that when I get there, I am just going to be reminded of the pain and the suffering, when all I want to do is block it out of my mind and my heart. But, I also want the chance to say goodbye to V.J one more time, and that is what funerals are for, right? So, I think that the best thing for me to do would be to go. I have to, for V.J’s sake.” Serena says. “That’s the spirit.” Andy says. “And don’t worry, you don’t need to try and stay strong in front of those people. They all know the pain you are experiencing, and no one would blame you if you broke down. But, if you do break down, I promise you, I will be there to help you.” Lydia says. “So will I.” Brad says. “And me.” Andy says. “You guys are the best. Thank you.” Serena says, as she lays her head on Lydia’s shoulder.

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum