QG Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#04 The Zodiac Alliance: First Night

Go down

#04 The Zodiac Alliance: First Night Empty #04 The Zodiac Alliance: First Night

Post by QG Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:35 pm

*The twelve heroes are walking through the woods, being led by Alonzo. “I can’t believe I had to come along for this! I have duties, you know! I’m the mayor of a major city! I can’t just up and leave! But, because some old lady read an old fairy tale novel and is under the impression that the world is gonna blow up, I’ve gotta abandon said duties so that I can go fight off a non existent evil!” Martin complains. “Believe me, no one wanted you to come along, pal. If it weren’t for the fact that Helena said that you were a part of all of this, someone probably would’ve shoved you off the plane on the way over here.” Levi notes. “Well, if it isn’t the loud mouth, again. I don’t recall addressing you by name, so why is it that you are responding to me?” Martin asks. Levi walks in front of Martin, and gets in his face. “Because I cant stand listening to you for one more second! Now shut up, or I’ll MAKE you shut up!” Levi yells. “That’s a very original threat. Bravo.” Martin sarcastically says. Jeannie gets between them. “That’s enough! Fighting each other isn’t going to do us any good! The only thing it is going to do is stress everyone out even more than they already are. So can you please, PLEASE, just table this argument?” Jeannie asks. “I have nothing more to say to this commoner anyway.” Martin notes. Jeannie turns towards Levi. “Don’t retaliate.” Jeannie tells him. “Mayor pretty boy over there isn’t worth it.” Levi notes. Celina walks over to Alonzo. “Its getting kind of late. Are you sure we should keep going?” Celina asks. “The sooner we reach our destination, the sooner we can get this over with.” Jordan says. Alonzo stops in his tracks, which leads everyone else to stop. “If we aren’t alert enough once we reach our destination, due to lack of sleep, it could cause problems.” Alonzo notes. “So what should we do?” Yazmin asks. “Find a spot to camp out for the night.” Alonzo reveals. “Camp OUT? As in OUTSIDE?! No, I don’t think so. I have absolutely NO desire to sleep in the woods!” Jordan argues. “Wimp.” Lester calls her. “I’m not a wimp. I simply more accustom to five star hotels.” Jordan notes. “I packed sleeping bags in each of your backpacks, in case we were to be out too late.” Alonzo reveals. Martin walks over to Alonzo. “Uh, excuse me? Who gave you permission to go into our bags? I know I didn’t!” Martin points out. “I’m sure Alonzo was just trying to make sure that we were all equipped with everything we might need.” Yazmin says. “I’m pretty sure Alonzo can speak for himself.” Martin argues. Alonzo ignores Martin. “The silent treatment? Are you serious?! Fine! I’ll show YOU what happens when someone invades my personal space!” Martin yells. Martin throws a punch at Alonzo! Alonzo grabs Martin’s fist midair, and then launches Martin towards the ground! Once Martin has been incapacitated, Alonzo turns away from him. “We should find a spot to camp for the night.” Alonzo states. Alonzo begins to walk away, and everyone goes to follow him, including an injured Martin.

*Later, everyone is now in a clearing in the woods. “Its a cold night. It would be a good idea to set a fire.” Alonzo notes. “Do you have any idea how to do that, Mr. Wilderness?” Martin asks. “With firewood.” Alonzo dryly responds. “Anyone want to volunteer to go searching for firewood?” Morgan asks. “I’ll do it. Not like I have anything better to do.” Garrett says. “Are you sure, Garrett? It could be dangerous out there, this late at night.” Morgan notes. “If you need someone to keep him out of trouble, I’ll go with him.” Jeannie offers. “How are you going to do that when you can’t even protect yourself?” Levi asks. Jeannie turns towards Levi. “Hello pot, meet kettle.” Jeannie replies. “Look, don’t worry, we’ll be fine. I’ll tell you what, if something happens, I’ll scream.” Garrett says. “And what if you are so far away, we don’t hear you?” Morgan asks. “Obviously, you’ve never heard Garrett scream.” Eduardo says. “No, but she’s about to hear YOU scream if you don’t be quiet.” Garrett warns. “Lets not engage him. We have firewood to collect.” Jeannie reminds Garrett. “Right, firewood.” Garrett says. Garrett and Jeannie are walking away, when an ax flies by them, and lands on the ground in front of them! They stop immediately in their tracks, and turn around, discovering that Alonzo was the one who threw it! “You’ll need that if you are going to cut down trees.” Alonzo notes. “You could’ve killed us!” Garrett argues. “The probability was good that I wouldn’t.” Alonzo says. Jeannie picks up the ax, and hands it to Garrett. “Come on, we should go before he starts tossing knives at us.” Jeannie says. Garrett takes the ax, and the two walk off into the woods.

Time Passes

*Morgan is sitting down, reading the book that Helena gave to them. Lester comes up behind her. “What are you reading?” Lester asks. “Why are you bothering me? I thought I made it clear that I’m not interested in you when you were hitting on me on the plane.” Morgan says. “I’m sorry, but you are just too irresistible.” Lester notes. Morgan rolls her eyes. “You know, you have a particularly rare talent. Somehow, your beauty is able to shine through the darkness of the night.” Lester tells her. Morgan smiles. “Nice try, buddy. I am the darkness. Don’t forget that.” Morgan says. “Beautiful AND edgy. Its a wonder why you don’t have guys lining up on your doorstep.” Lester says. “I wave them away with a stick, and for those of them who still don’t leave, I beat them with it.” Morgan says. Lester nervously chuckles, before standing up, and walking away. Lester returns over to Yazmin. “Things didn’t go as well as I had hoped.” Lester admits. “That’s because you are trying way too hard.” Yazmin tells him. Nearby, Eduardo joins Morgan. “Lester seems nice.” Eduardo notes. Morgan laughs. “I’m WAAAAY out of his league.” Morgan notes.

*Martin is sitting on his sleeping bag. “I cant believe this. Here I am, mayor of Saturn City, sitting out in the middle of the woods, waiting for two blockheads to collect firewood. I shouldn’t be here! I shouldn’t be preparing to sleep out in the woods!” Martin says. “I didn’t sign up for any of this, either.” Jordan adds.

*Lilac and Celina are sitting together. “Are you homesick?” Lilac asks Celina. “Are you?” Celina asks. “A little. I’m not use to being this far away from home.” Lilac notes. “If you want to feel more at home, just remember that I’m here. I’m your sister, so I’m as close to home as you’re going to get.” Celina says. Lilac smiles, and nods in agreement.

*Deeper into the woods, Garrett and Jeannie are walking through. “Wait, stop!” Jeannie says. Garrett and Jeannie both stop. “What is it?” Garrett asks. Jeannie pulls out her phone, and points it towards two deer that are nearby. “Looks like there is just enough lighting to actually see them in the picture.” Jeannie says, as she snaps the picture. Jeannie puts her phone away. “Okay, we can keep going.” Jeannie says. Garrett and Jeannie begin to walk again. “Why do you take so many pictures?” Garrett asks her. “They are reference pictures. I take them so that I can draw them later on. Unfortunately, the pictures keep building up, so its going to be a long time before I draw all of them. What about you? What inspires you to write?” Jeannie asks. “Good stories.” Garrett replies. “Can you be a bit more specific?” Jeannie asks. “When I read a good book, or I see a good storyline playing out on TV, it inspires me to create my own masterpiece.” Garrett reveals. “Do you see your literature as masterpieces?” Jeannie asks. “Some of my stories turn out great. But, other times, lets just say that some of the stories I’ve come up with sounded a lot better in my head than they did on paper. What about you? What do you think about your own art?” Garrett asks. “Honestly? I don’t think my art is that great. I think that I need to really, REALLY improve.” Jeannie says. “There is always room for improvement. But, I saw you drawing on the plane, and I’ve gotta tell you, I was impressed.” Garrett admits. “Do you mean it?” Jeannie asks. “Absolutely. Remember that colab idea we toyed around with when we first met? Well, after seeing how you draw, that might not be such a bad idea.” Garrett says. “Well, lets table colab talk until AFTER we get the firewood. We don’t need anything else distracting us.” Jeannie notes. “Speaking of firewood, we’ve passed about four dozen trees since leaving the campsite.” Garrett reveals. “What? Why didn’t you say anything?” Jeannie asks. “I didn’t think it was a secret.” Garrett notes. “Okay, I admit that I was too distracted our conversation to have noticed the trees, but why didn’t you try to stop?” Jeannie asks. “Because I’m really in no rush to get back to the campsite. Its probably just a bunch of the same old stuff going on there. Martin complaining, Lester and Jordan arguing, etc, etc...” Garrett says. “Sad part is, you’re probably right. What would you have done if one of them had offered to come help you chop firewood, instead of me?” Jeannie asks. “I would’ve gone out to find a lake to sleep in, because it would be more preferable than going out alone with one of those whiners. Fortunately, none of them have the decency to offer to help with anything, so I wasn’t worried.” Garrett says. Jeannie laughs. “Okay, fun time is over, we’ve gotta get that firewood and bring it back, before the others send out a search party.” Jeannie says. “Let them. What are they gonna do? Burn us alive? Drown us? Tie us down and force us to listen to one of Martin’s rants for 24 hours straight? Hopefully not the last one. That sounds way too inhumane, even for our peeps back at the campsite.” Garrett says. Jeannie giggles. “They aren’t ALL that bad.” Jeannie notes. Garrett shrugs. “Yeah, just most of them.” Garrett says. “Okay, but seriously, we NEED to get that firewood.” Jeannie says. “You sure are bossy, but, I guess you have a point. We have been away for a while. Better get going. Stand back.” Garrett says, as he starts to chop a tree with an ax.

*Back at the campsite, Lilac walks over to a pacing Levi. “Are you alright?” Lilac asks. “Don’t worry.” Levi tells her. “Maybe you should take your own advice. What’s bothering you?” Lilac asks. “Jeannie is taking too long, and I’m starting to get a little worried.” Levi admits. “I’m sure she’s fine. And don’t forget, she’s not alone.” Lilac notes. “Do you even know anything about this Garrett guy?” Levi asks. “Well, to be honest with you, I’ve never even shared two words with Garrett. But, I’m pretty observant, if I do say so myself, and he seems like an okay guy.” Lilac says. “People said the same thing about Ted Bundy.” Levi notes. “Okay, yeah, but, I somehow doubt Garrett is a serial killer like him.” Lilac says.

*Martin walks over to Alonzo. “Okay, Mr. Tough Guy. I’ve given you enough time to cool down, but, that’s over, now. I DEMAND an apology from you.” Martin says. Alonzo ignores him. “Alright, this DID happen a while ago, so, maybe you’ve forgotten. Let me remind you. We were walking through the woods earlier, when you MERCILESSLY tossed me to the ground like some lifeless dummy! Does that ring a bell?” Martin asks. Alonzo once again ignores him. “Oh for god’s sake! Say SOMETHING!” Martin yells. Alonzo glares at Martin. “You threw the first punch, don’t make me throw the next one.” Alonzo coldly threatens. Martin nervously chuckles. “Sorry for bothering you, have a good night!” Martin says, before walking away.

*”What’s taking Garrett so long?” Morgan wonders. “He probably bailed on us and isn’t coming back. It would be just like Garrett to pull a stunt like that.” Eduardo says. “True. But, he DOES have that Jeannie girl to reel him in.” Morgan notes.

*Jordan is holding her phone up in the air, when Lester walks over to her. “What are you doing?” Lester asks. “Trying to get a signal. I need to call my assistant and find out how things are going with business.” Jordan says. “This late?” Lester asks. “Caleb is always on call. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be contacting him tonight. Looks like we are in a dead area.” Jordan says. Lester chuckles. “What’s so funny?” Jordan asks. “Oh, nothing. Its just that I happen to have service on my phone.” Lester says. “What?! How?!” Jordan asks. “I guess I just have a better phone carrier than you do.” Lester says. “Can I use your phone?” Jordan asks. Lester laughs. “Eat dirt and die, like your company.” Lester says. “Great. When the time comes where you need MY help, and I know that time will come eventually, I promise you, I will give you the same response you gave me.” Jordan says. Lester rolls his eyes, before walking away.

*Garrett and Jeannie are walking through the woods, carrying firewood back. “Do you know who I like? That Alonzo dude. Him taking down Martin made my day. I mean, he did kind of work my nerves when he tossed the ax towards us, but that is something I can overlook.” Garrett says. “Alonzo seems pretty skilled, with the way he took down Martin AND threw that ax. I wonder if he was in the military or something.” Jeannie says. “All I know is that I wouldn’t want to run into Alonzo in a dark alley. His stare alone is enough to scare anyone unconscious.” Garrett notes. Jeannie stops walking. “What is it? Another picture?” Garrett asks. “No. I’ve been meaning to ask you something.” Jeannie says. “What?” Garrett asks. “What do you think about Helena’s story?” Jeannie asks. “What? You mean the story of the twelve ancient heroes known as The Zodiac Alliance saving the world, us being their descendants, and having to follow in their footsteps? Its a bit hard to swallow.” Garrett admits. “A small part of you must think its true, if you’re tagging along for the ride.” Jeannie notes. “What would happen if we don’t follow the instructions in Helena’s little book sound pretty dire, and I’m not willing to take any unnecessary risks. What about you? Do you believe it?” Garrett asks. “Well, unlike my brother, I’ve never really been a skeptic. I think that anything is possible, even evil forces that could destroy the world.” Jeannie says. “I just hope we’re not being led on some wild goose chase.” Garrett says. “Even if we are, at least the “wild goose chase” introduced you and me.” Jeannie points out. Garrett smiles. “Silver linings.” Garrett notes.

*Back at the campsite, Martin groans in annoyance. “Where are those two?! They were given ONE job, get firewood, and they cant even do THAT right! We’ll probably freeze to death by the time they get back!” Martin yells. An annoyed Lilac walks over to Martin. “Dude, will you please SHUT UP?! Literally NO ONE here wants to listen to your constant complaining! Its annoying, its pointless, and quite frankly, if you don’t stop it soon, Alonzo is probably gonna kill you in your sleep. So please, just do us all a favor, and shut...UP! Don’t know what else to do with your time? Look for the big dipper or something! Entertain yourself! Just do it in a way that doesn’t make the rest of us want to come to your sleeping bag, and cut your throat!” Lilac yells. “You better watch the way you talk to me, I’m the mayor!” Martin argues. “Oh yeah? Well we aren’t in Saturn City, which makes you NOTHING. Good day.” Lilac says, before walking off. Martin is left speechless, as everyone claps for Lilac. “Special delivery!” A voice yells. Garrett and Jeannie emerge from the woods, carrying the firewood. Levi stands up. “Thank goodness you’re okay.” Levi tells Jeannie. “What did you think would happen? Did you think I’d get mauled by a bear?” Jeannie asks. Levi looks over at Garrett. “I had my concerns.” Levi says. “You don’t have to worry anymore. Your sister survived the cruel outdoors. Although, to be completely honest with you, she almost didn’t make it.” Garrett says. “What are you talking about?!” A nervous Levi asks. “Well, you see, your sister and I were walking through the woods, when Jeannie almost tripped on a TWIG! It was pretty scary, but somehow, we were able to shake it off and keep going.” Garrett says. “Don’t jerk me around like that!” Levi warns Garrett. “It was just a joke.” Jeannie says, trying to calm Levi down. Garrett walks over to Alonzo. “I’ve got something for you.” Garrett says, as he drops the firewood in front of Alonzo. Alonzo picks up the firewood, and walks to the middle of the clearing. He drops the firewood, and then pulls out a box of matches. He lights the match, and then tosses it onto the logs, which then set on fire. Alonzo reaches into his bag, and pulls out lighter fluid, which he dumps on top of the fire, making it grow. Alonzo looks back towards Garrett and Jeannie. “You did a good job.” Alonzo tells them. “Aw, thanks!” Jeannie says. “All they did was go and get firewood, and they could barely even do that right!” Martin notes. “How has no one smothered you with a pillow yet?” Garrett asks Martin. “I’m the mayor.” Martin reminds him. “Yeah, tell that to someone who voted for you. Show of hands!” Garrett says. Garrett smiles when none of the others raise their hands. “Point proven. How did you even win when it seems like no one likes you enough to vote for you?” Garrett asks. “Charisma, something that you could NEVER understand.” Martin says. “Its too late to be fighting! We should get some shut eye now so that we are well rested in the morning.” Celina says. “I don’t think I feel comfortable sleeping around you people. How do I know none of you will try to assassinate me in my sleep?” Martin asks. “Everyone here hates your guts, which is why if someone was going to kill you, they probably would’ve done it by now.” Yazmin says. Martin nods. “I guess you have a good point.” Martin says. “We get on the move again at dawn. Anyone that aren’t willing to wake up by then will be left behind.” Alonzo says. “Yes sir, General.” Martin sarcastically says. Everyone gets into their sleeping bags, and exchange good nights, before going to sleep, cautiously awaiting the next day…

To Be Continued...

QG
Admin

https://qg-network.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down